PDA

View Full Version : Manning Rumors/Updates

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
12:05 PM: Not sure about this information, but Brandon Spanos reports that Tim Tebow isn't taking this Manning thing well: From what I have been told, Tebow's camp is furious. I love Tim, but it makes no sense to me. Your team has opportunity to get the G.O.A.T...Not surprised that Tebow is not talking to the media. His family is up in arms and Robbie has made it known. CAA been controlling the fire.

Hard to blame Tebow. Any competitor in this situation would be privately seething. The psychology books call for calm, however. Carol Dwek, author of Mindset, would probably say Tebow needs to relax and try to use this experience as a growth opportunity--a chance to learn, so to speak. But what if you've been trying to do that for two years already?

12:03 PM: Lombardi en fuego on this Manning story. He reports: Manning expected to visit other teams before making decision. Told that he came away very impressed with Pat Bowlen. Same goals...Keep in mind, pretty fluid situation. He may just like it here enough to stay. Broncos awaiting his next move.

READ THE REST OF THE UPDATES:
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/manning-rumors-3-10-12

SR
03-10-2012, 12:41 PM
If the Tebow "camp" is pissed, then let them be pissed. You can't blame Denver for trying to sign the biggest free agent name in forever and the best QB ever. If they're mad, **** 'em. Bring on Peyton Manning.

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 12:43 PM
12:33 PM: Meanwhile DMac gets cryptic and makes us think something is going on: Let me just say this. There is no evidence he is here but there is no evidence he has left. Probably more good signs for broncos...Told some other stuff so I'm not there. I'm somewhere else but I don't want to get my source in trouble so I'll keep it real vague.

12:20 PM: Ira Kaufman tells us Tebow is publicly mute today: Tim Tebow just declared himself unavailable for interviews during a promotional visit to a Tampa sports training facility he co-owns...Tebow obviously did not want to answer questions about Peyton Manning's visit to Denver on Friday. Local media snubbed in the process.

This would confirm some of what Brandon Spanos has been saying--minus the angry wig.

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 12:49 PM
12:43 PM: Oh, if you haven't heard, all those guys the Colts dropped yesterday are going to cost them $38 million in empty cap Space. Good luck, Luck.

Tned
03-10-2012, 12:51 PM
If the Tebow "camp" is pissed, then let them be pissed. You can't blame Denver for trying to sign the biggest free agent name in forever and the best QB ever. If they're mad, **** 'em. Bring on Peyton Manning.

I think you mean the biggest free agent since Jake Plummer...

Foochacho
03-10-2012, 12:52 PM
12:43 PM: Oh, if you haven't heard, all those guys the Colts dropped yesterday are going to cost them $38 million in empty cap Space. Good luck, Luck.

Yea Luck is going to have a hard time with no talent and a fan base that is not accustomed to losing.

jhildebrand
03-10-2012, 12:56 PM
There's still talk Indy may take RGIII. :lol: Luck in Washington would get scary quick. Could you imagine Shanahan's reaction if he traded all taht and ended up with Luck instead? WOW

Nomad
03-10-2012, 12:59 PM
If the Colts could sign Luck now they would....RGIII better start researching homes in the DC area perhaps his dad can get a position at the Pentagon.

Tned
03-10-2012, 12:59 PM
There's still talk Indy may take RGIII. :lol: Luck in Washington would get scary quick. Could you imagine Shanahan's reaction if he traded all taht and ended up with Luck instead? WOW

I can't imagine Indy passing on Luck, but we'll see next month.

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Yea Luck is going to have a hard time with no talent and a fan base that is not accustomed to losing.

I dont see Luck having a winning record for a very long time. It will end up just being him and Mathis.

OrangeHoof
03-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Can the Broncos go a whole year without a quarterback controversy? It was Plummer vs Cutler then Cutler vs McDaniels then Cutler vs. Orton then Orton vs. Tebow and now, it seems, Tebow vs Manning. Can we just get behind one guy like most professional franchises?

igoe4broncos
03-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Sorry Tebow and Co, but you never get a chance to bring in one of the greatest QBs of all-time. You'd expect him to be upset since he's such a competitor, but it is what it is. Hell, Houston might even move Matt Schaub, a damn good QB, out of the way to bring him in.

BroncoWave
03-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Can the Broncos go a whole year without a quarterback controversy? It was Plummer vs Cutler then Cutler vs McDaniels then Cutler vs. Orton then Orton vs. Tebow and now, it seems, Tebow vs Manning. Can we just get behind one guy like most professional franchises?

LOL it's not going to be Tebow vs. Manning. I love Tebow as much as the next guy but if Manning is healthy he is the starter as long as he is in Denver.

tomjonesrocks
03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Only goes to show how badly we ****** up trading Cutler, and many us knew Denver was ******* up huge at the time.

SR
03-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Most of us are hoping our one guy is Peyton Manning for a few years. That'll put a quick end to the controversies.

gatorpower
03-10-2012, 01:40 PM
You phrase in a dismissive type of way, but I fail to see your logic in saying "**** 'em. Bring on Peyton Manning". I'll admit, I have only been a broncos fan since Tebow was drafted, but that's still two solid years and I think I've been rather level-headed.

I would rate Tebow's performance at QB as a 4/10 earlier in the year, but improved to about a 5-6/10 as the year progressed. He's performed about as well as I expected him to perform. I always thought he was going to be more of a 3-4 year project before he became a competent QB in the NFL. He helped the Broncos win a lot of late games that they probably shouldn't have won, but it did provide for a pretty damn exciting year to watch.

...yet for the people who are willing to trash the current QB for Peyton Manning, I just do not get it. Manning didn't become a free agent simply because his contract was up. He's 36 years old, coming off an entire year of being inactive with 3-4 neck surgeries with reports that his arm strength is no where near 100%. I think the Colts didn't just give him up to avoid paying out $28 million. If it was just $28 million, with everything else being equal from 2010, he would still be in Indianapolis.

It's nothing like the Reggie White situation.

And even if Manning comes in completely healthy, this is more a 1-2 year deal. If I rated Tebow as a 5-6/10, I would rate the DT position as that or lower. Von Miller was a great linebacker, but the rest of the corps were very average at best. When Dawkins went out, the secondary looked very poor. Neither he nor Champ Bailey are going to be around after next season and Dawkins is likely already gone. The defense had 5 games where they surrendered more than 40 points.

Upgrading the QB position doesn't fix the defense and Peyton is likely going to want to be paid as the 'biggest free agent name in forever. He's probably also going to want some complimentary parts in free agency or the NFL draft. I was honestly hoping for 2-3 upgrades for in the FA market with a couple high-round draft picks JUST for defense. With Manning, you sacrifice too much and you only get 1-2 years in return. It's just not worth it, imo. I'm honestly surprised that more Broncos fans are not more 'pissed'. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

BroncoWave
03-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Andrew Luck also had a little to do with them cutting Manning. Their plan is clearly to tear it apart and start the future now. Even if Manning is fully healthy that's likely still their plan. I'm not going to take them cutting him as a sign he is damaged goods.

Tned
03-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Most of us are hoping our one guy is Peyton Manning for a few years. That'll put a quick end to the controversies.

Yea, maybe it will be a double bonus and there will be two Payton/Peytons in the backfield....

BroncoWave
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Yea, maybe it will be a double bonus and ther ewill be two Payton/Peytons in the backfield....

The fact that a team as talent-deprived as the Browns could not get rid of Hillis fast enough tells me all I need to know about him.

bcbronc
03-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Yea, maybe it will be a double bonus and there will be two Payton/Peytons in the backfield....

If you're talking about Peyton Hillis, I don't think he has the type of character EFX are trying to fill the locker room with. Huge pass on Hillis, guys a flake and already starting to break down physically.

PAINTERDAVE
03-10-2012, 02:01 PM
With the awesome, powerful Colts... in his prime..

Peyton Manning won 1 superbowl in 2007.

He has a losing record in the playoffs overall.. 9-10..

I dont see an older, injured PM as a "guarantee" that the Broncos will win a Superbowl in the next 3 years.

bcbronc
03-10-2012, 02:07 PM

I dont see an older, injured PM as a "guarantee" that the Broncos will win a Superbowl in the next 3 years.

Good point. I'd rather EFX and Bowlen make a move that guarantees us a Superbowl.

RebelRocker
03-10-2012, 02:10 PM

True, but you see anybody else give us those kinds of odds?

BroncoWave
03-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Good point. I'd rather EFX and Bowlen make a move that guarantees us a Superbowl.

:lol: Post of the day!

SR
03-10-2012, 02:21 PM
You phrase in a dismissive type of way, but I fail to see your logic in saying "**** 'em. Bring on Peyton Manning". I'll admit, I have only been a broncos fan since Tebow was drafted, but that's still two solid years and I think I've been rather level-headed.

I would rate Tebow's performance at QB as a 4/10 earlier in the year, but improved to about a 5-6/10 as the year progressed. He's performed about as well as I expected him to perform. I always thought he was going to be more of a 3-4 year project before he became a competent QB in the NFL. He helped the Broncos win a lot of late games that they probably shouldn't have won, but it did provide for a pretty damn exciting year to watch.

...yet for the people who are willing to trash the current QB for Peyton Manning, I just do not get it. Manning didn't become a free agent simply because his contract was up. He's 36 years old, coming off an entire year of being inactive with 3-4 neck surgeries with reports that his arm strength is no where near 100%. I think the Colts didn't just give him up to avoid paying out $28 million. If it was just $28 million, with everything else being equal from 2010, he would still be in Indianapolis.

And even if Manning comes in completely healthy, this is more a 1-2 year deal. If I rated Tebow as a 5-6/10, I would rate the DT position as that or lower. Von Miller was a great linebacker, but the rest of the corps were very average at best. When Dawkins went out, the secondary looked very poor. Neither he nor Champ Bailey are going to be around after next season and Dawkins is likely already gone. The defense had 5 games where they surrendered more than 40 points.

Upgrading the QB position doesn't fix the defense and Peyton is likely going to want to be paid as the 'biggest free agent name in forever. He's probably also going to want some complimentary parts in free agency or the NFL draft. I was honestly hoping for 2-3 upgrades for in the FA market with a couple high-round draft picks JUST for defense. With Manning, you sacrifice too much and you only get 1-2 years in return. It's just not worth it, imo. I'm honestly surprised that more Broncos fans are not more 'pissed'. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Tim Tebow is not Peyton Manning on Peyton Manning's worst day. Manning has always had below average defenses (or average at best) and has managed to win games, go to the playoffs, and win a Super Bowl. If Tebow's family is pissed because their Timmy might get pushed back a little because the team he plays for has a chance to sign one of the greatest, if not the greatest QB ever, then pee on them because they're selfish. The Broncos are one of the most successful franchises in league history and the front office wants to win games because they're good, not because they get lucky. Peyton Manning is the difference between being good and being lucky. Manning knows he can't command $20 mil a year now. I bet who ever signs him doesn't pay him more than $10-12 mil per year.

I'm not "pissed" because I don't care for Tebow as a QB. I enjoy watching him but I get pissed more watching him more than I enjoy it. I hate the fourth quarter heroics. I hate that for three and a half quarters his head is up his ass along with the rest of the play calling and everything else. It stresses me out. I'd rather have a 36 year old Peyton Manning coming off of a year away from the game than Tim Tebow.

jhildebrand
03-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Another offseason. Another offseason with a QB circus.

LTC Pain
03-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Screw the "Tebow Camp". The decision to sign/not sign Manning is all about what's best for the Broncos and getting the team into the Super Bowl. It never has been and never will be about Tebow or any other individual on the team. Why do I constantly have to remind the Tebowites of this???

nevcraw
03-10-2012, 03:00 PM
I love how EFX is building continuity with this team.. 1 messed up over the hill HOFer and his hordes of ex colts to dazzle us with promises of a better life than the one we are building..

It's like banging the prom queen at the 10th year reunion after she's squeezed out a few pups and has her divorce weight tucked up in her spanks. --- just not the same you'd thought it be..

jhildebrand
03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I guess the Tebow circus is somehow different than the Manning circus :noidea:

broncobryce
03-10-2012, 03:11 PM
I love how EFX is building continuity with this team.. 1 messed up over the hill HOFer and his hordes of ex colts to dazzle us with promises of a better life than the one we are building..

It's like banging the prom queen at the 10th year reunion after she's squeezed out a few pups and has her divorce weight tucked up in her spanks. --- just not the same you'd thought it be..

I was thinking the same thing, it's like getting rid of your super hot young girlfriend with some flaws for Angelina Jolie if she was 2 years away from menopause. Not worth it IMO.

Ziggy
03-10-2012, 03:22 PM

And it has nothing to do with the fact that the Colts were a horrible team with a great QB right? What were they last season with Manning and a ton of injuries? 10-6. How were they this season without Manning and nearly every one else healthy? He took some horrible teams to the playoffs and lost, and he took one horrible team to the Super Bowl and won. I'd say that's pretty darned impressive.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 03:32 PM
And it has nothing to do with the fact that the Colts were a horrible team with a great QB right? What were they last season with Manning and a ton of injuries? 10-6. How were they this season without Manning and nearly every one else healthy? He took some horrible teams to the playoffs and lost, and he took one horrible team to the Super Bowl and won. I'd say that's pretty darned impressive.

Really? It's not like Manning was throwing to a bunch of scrubs out there. For most of his career his WRs were Harrison, Wayne, and Dallas Clark. His defense looks EXACTLY like ours in that we have speed off the edge, we're soft in the middle (DT and MLB) and we have a secondary that's too old, too young, and too often injured. The only advantage he has coming here is our running game, but we all know that a 32 year old McGahee isn't exactly the answer and that the running game got a huge boost from the read-option and running the ball 50 times a game last year. Take away all of those option/Tebow draws and threats of a run, and McGahee would be lucky to get 3.5 YPC.

The Colts' team Manning played with was much closer to our current team than you're giving them credit for (except for all the probowl caliber receivers) and you expect Manning to be the guy to magically get us over the hump? What is Manning's record vs the Steelers in the playoffs (the team that we beat) or the Pats (the team that beat us)? Ask yourself that if in those games having Manning under center would've made much a difference in outcome... I'm thinking not.

SR
03-10-2012, 03:57 PM
So you're saying Tim Tebow gives the current Broncos team a better chance to win than Peyton Manning?

Shazam!
03-10-2012, 04:02 PM
So you're saying Tim Tebow gives the current Broncos team a better chance to win than Peyton Manning?

Nobody is saying that OR saying Tebow is a better QB than Manning. But this Manning has a LOT of question marks, besides just age. His health is a concern and if he can play an entire Season and withstand the abuse.

Tebow did lead a crappy Broncos team to the Playoffs and a big win. He showed in the Pitt game he can throw downfield too. Let him ge tbetter and build around him. This constant merry-go-round is terrible. I want some consistency.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Frankly, I don't know and neither does anyone else. Nobody knows if Peyton will ever be the old Peyton again. He might be done but too proud to admit it. He might never be the same guy. He still hasn't thrown for anyone and nobody knows how his neck will hold up when he gets hit the first time. Peyton will command (I'm speculating) somewhere around $20 million dollars to bring in. Personally, I'd rather spend that jack on somewhere between 2-4 free agents and improve more than just the QB position.

Can you imagine throwing some of that $20 million salary that Peyton will get at say, Mario Williams and Brandon Carr? Maybe Vincent Jackson? How about a starting caliber MLB and DT along with re-signing Bunkley? Could you imagine a front four of Doom, Von, Ayers, and Super Mario or Mario and Doom on the outside and Von standing up, moving around in a "rover" position just picking the open gap to shoot on 3rd and long? Deadly.

The bottom line is, and I said this before, I don't have a problem bringing Manning in, even at his asking price if we know for sure that he can throw the ball and run the offense like he did in 2010 for the Colts. Anything less just isn't very smart for the future and seems like a desperate move on the Broncos staff to "win now" forsaking all else. I'd rather build for the future using this extra money we have now signing younger players in their prime than a guy who might get you 2 good years without the supporting cast to win it all.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Nobody is saying that OR saying Tebow is a better QB than Manning. But this Manning has a LOT of question marks, besides just age. His health is a concern and if he can play an entire Season and withstand the abuse.

Tebow did lead a crappy Broncos team to the Playoffs and a big win. He showed in the Pitt game he can throw downfield too. Let him ge tbetter and build around him. This constant merry-go-round is terrible. I want some consistency.

I believe way too many people are thinking of Peyton Manning in his prime, not thinking of what he may now be, after 4 neck surgeries, after sitting out a full year, etc. This may not now be the Peyton Manning everyone watched before his injury.

slim
03-10-2012, 04:36 PM
From Michelle Beisner: Per Broncos team source: There is speculation that talks could continue between Manning and The Broncos at some point on Saturday.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 04:57 PM
From Michelle Beisner: Per Broncos team source: There is speculation that talks could continue between Manning and The Broncos at some point on Saturday.

According to Spano, Klis and Lombardi, Manning is still in Denver right now (2:30 PM MST). They must be doing more than just giving him the tour. I don't think the Broncos want him to get to Miami. If he visits there, I have a feeling he'll sign there and they think that, too.

MileHighCrew
03-10-2012, 04:58 PM
I believe way too many people are thinking of Peyton Manning in his prime, not thinking of what he may now be, after 4 neck surgeries, after sitting out a full year, etc. This may not now be the Peyton Manning everyone watched before his injury.

Do you bet on Manning being close to what he once was, or do you bet on Tebow learning to read defences and learning to throw? I'll take the risk of Manning coming back if I have a choice.

Northman
03-10-2012, 05:03 PM
12:05 PM: Not sure about this information, but Brandon Spanos reports that Tim Tebow isn't taking this Manning thing well: From what I have been told, Tebow's camp is furious. I love Tim, but it makes no sense to me. Your team has opportunity to get the G.O.A.T...Not surprised that Tebow is not talking to the media. His family is up in arms and Robbie has made it known. CAA been controlling the fire.

Hard to blame Tebow. Any competitor in this situation would be privately seething. The psychology books call for calm, however. Carol Dwek, author of Mindset, would probably say Tebow needs to relax and try to use this experience as a growth opportunity--a chance to learn, so to speak. But what if you've been trying to do that for two years already?

12:03 PM: Lombardi en fuego on this Manning story. He reports: Manning expected to visit other teams before making decision. Told that he came away very impressed with Pat Bowlen. Same goals...Keep in mind, pretty fluid situation. He may just like it here enough to stay. Broncos awaiting his next move.

When you say Tebow camp what are we talking about here? Tebow himself? His agent? Family? Fanboi's? What?

Northman
03-10-2012, 05:05 PM
I think you mean the biggest free agent since Jake Plummer...

Who?

slim
03-10-2012, 05:06 PM
According to Spano, Klis and Lombardi, Manning is still in Denver right now (2:30 PM MST). They must be doing more than just giving him the tour. I don't think the Broncos want him to get to Miami. If he visits there, I have a feeling he'll sign there and they think that, too.

Yeah, or he could be waiting until this evening to head to AZ.

Kurt Warner was having some sort of charity event at the Cardinals facility today and I have heard speculation that Manning is waiting until it's over before he shows up (doesn't want to take the spot light away from Kurt).....of course, that is just speculation (with maybe a little wishful thinking mixed in from the Cardinal fans).

claymore
03-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Tim Tebow described as “rattled” over Peyton Manning’s Denver visitTebow is making appearances in Tampa this weekend to raise money for wounded war veterans, and he had said he would speak to reporters. But Nicole Darin, sports anchor at WTSP-TV, reports that Tebow is rattled by Manning’s visit with the Broncos and refused to speak with the media as originally promised.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/10/tim-tebow-described-as-rattled-about-peyton-mannings-denver-visit

Tebow is being such a bitch, he needs to fly to Denver and help show manning around.

Northman
03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
The Colts' team Manning played with was much closer to our current team than you're giving them credit for (except for all the probowl caliber receivers) and you expect Manning to be the guy to magically get us over the hump?

I like his chances far better than Tebow's. Sorry.

nevcraw
03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Nicole Darin ‏ @NicoleDarin Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
To be clear: Did not talk to Tebow. Don't know if he's rattled. It's just my speculation since he cancelled availability today.

get off the hate train -- He's making appearances for wounded veterans and doesn't want to overshadow the event with the next Denver Broncos Soap Opera..

Northman
03-10-2012, 05:15 PM

Yet at the same time he may be just fine. Some people get excited at the thought while others are shitting themselves.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Peyton Manning woke up in Denver on Saturday morning after spending six hours Friday touring the Broncos' team facility, but for now the Broncos have "nothing set" in terms of another meeting with Manning, a team source told NFL Network's Michelle Beisner.

The Broncos are encouraged, however, following Friday's talks and Manning remains in Denver, staying with and visiting friends, according to Beisner. There is speculation that talks between the Broncos and Manning could continue at some point on Saturday.

The Broncos currently are regrouping, team sources told Beisner, and both executive vice president of football operations John Elway, general manager Brian Xanders and owner Pat Bowlen currently are at the team's headquarters.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82782f4b/article/broncos-have-nothing-set-saturday-in-peyton-manning-chase?module=HP11_headline_stack

SR
03-10-2012, 05:44 PM

I want consistency too...under center during the game...

SR
03-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Who?

Mike Jones.

turftoad
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM

You want consistency and you think Tebo is consistent?

BroncoAV06
03-10-2012, 05:53 PM
The tour continues:

@ProFootballWkly
Per @JayGlazer, Peyton Manning is scheduled to fly to Arizona to meet with #Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt tonight.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2012, 05:57 PM
gary miller ‏ @thegarymiller

All the Broncos can do is wait now. They've made their best pitch. Manning will be in Phoenix tonight to begin meeting with Cardinals.

http://twitter.com/#!/thegarymiller

slim
03-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Hmmmm.....I think I heard this some where before :noidea:

claymore
03-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Well, if we made our best pitch and Manning signs with someone else the consolation prize is that this Org isnt satisfied with Tebow. To me thats the most encouraging thing. Tebow cant repeat his poor performance he had last year and expect a job.

Tned
03-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Well, if we made our best pitch and Manning signs with someone else the consolation prize is that this Org isnt satisfied with Tebow. To me thats the most encouraging thing. Tebow cant repeat his poor performance he had last year and expect a job.

Attempting to sign Peyton Manning doesn't mean that the team isn't satisfied with Tebow. Manning, if anything close to his pre surgery level, is simply a stop gap that is hard to pass up, even if Tebow is still int he Broncos long term plans.

claymore
03-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Attempting to sign Peyton Manning doesn't mean that the team isn't satisfied with Tebow. Manning, if anything close to his pre surgery level, is simply a stop gap that is hard to pass up, even if Tebow is still int he Broncos long term plans.

Honestly I dont see how you could read it any other way. Teams with good QB's arent in this Manning mess.

Northman
03-10-2012, 06:25 PM

While i would agree with you that still isnt for certain either. I think common sense would say that but for all we know maybe EFX really isnt all that sure they want to invest any more time into Teebs. Logic would say otherwise but you never know.

chazoe60
03-10-2012, 06:27 PM
That's bullshit Clay. That's like saying you're not happy with your Jeep Cherokee because you entered a radio contest to win a Ferrari.

claymore
03-10-2012, 06:31 PM
That's bullshit Clay. That's like saying you're not happy with your Jeep Cherokee because you entered a radio contest to win a Ferrari.

Thats not even a close comparison of whats going on. The Broncos are trying to replace Tebow. With Manning. Trying Very, very hard. So hard Bowlen flew from Hawaii just to meet him.

Teams with good QB's didnt do that. In fact, Id say we tried harder than anyone else in the league.

Using your analogy, it would be like trying to trade in your 2 wheel drive jeep for a 4 wheel bad ass rubicon, that was in an accident, and might not have a working front differential. Now its up to the credit report to see if you can get it. If not, you might have to wait till next year.

bcbronc
03-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I hope Manning signs here. He'd be the perfect veteran back-up for Tebow.

Northman
03-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Using your analogy, it would be like trying to trade in your 2 wheel drive jeep for a 4 wheel bad ass rubicon, that was in an accident, and might not have a working front differential. Now its up to the credit report to see if you can get it. If not, you might have to wait till next year.

Ok, that was awesome. lol

Northman
03-10-2012, 06:35 PM

In 3 years.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 06:36 PM

Poor performance as in making the playoffs and winning a playoff game? Shit, sign me up for that poor performance anytime. We could always just give Orton a ring... I hear his number is 1-900-SHI-TYQB... Seriously, I'm okay with giving Tebow 2 more years (I think 3 years is fair for a first round pick before you try to replace him).

Manning will be offered more by the Dolphins and will sign there. He lives there and their owner is dying for a star now that he's rubbing penises with the Miami/Hollywood elite.

If Manning does sign here, I'll be happy... unless he can't play because he never fully recovers... then it will be one of the colossal blunders that this franchise has been known for of late.

claymore
03-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Poor performance as in making the playoffs and winning a playoff game? Shit, sign me up for that poor performance anytime. We could always just give Orton a ring... I hear his number is 1-900-SHI-TYQB... Seriously, I'm okay with giving Tebow 2 more years (I think 3 years is fair for a first round pick before you try to replace him).

Manning will be offered more by the Dolphins and will sign there. He lives there and their owner is dying for a star now that he's rubbing penises with the Miami/Hollywood elite.

If Manning does sign here, I'll be happy... unless he can't play because he never fully recovers... then it will be one of the colossal blunders that this franchise has been known for of late.

A QB with a 47% completion rate doesnt lead anyone anywhere. Tebow is terrible. We won with smoke, mirrors, luck, and terrible opponents. Orton got us to 8-8 with the same scenario, but didnt have Oakland to help back him into the playoffs.

If we had a good QB with a future, I would be pissed that we were bringing in a broke ass Manning.

chazoe60
03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Thats not even a close comparison of whats going on. The Broncos are trying to replace Tebow. With Manning. Trying Very, very hard. So hard Bowlen flew from Hawaii just to meet him.

Teams with good QB's didnt do that. In fact, Id say we tried harder than anyone else in the league.

All I'm saying is that just because we're tryin to land one of the alltiime greatest QBs who ever played doesn't mean we're completely giving up on our 2nd year guy with potential. If Tim gets his panties in a bunch over it then may e Elway will just cut ties but I don't take this whole thing as meaning the Broncos are definitely moving on from Tebow I don't see how you could.

Northman
03-10-2012, 06:44 PM
A QB with a 47% completion rate doesnt lead anyone anywhere. Tebow is terrible. We won with smoke, mirrors, luck, and terrible opponents. Orton got us to 8-8 with the same scenario, but didnt have Oakland to help back him into the playoffs.

If we had a good QB with a future, I would be pissed that we were bringing in a broke ass Manning.

Ouch. LOL

You went THERE. hahahahaa

Tned
03-10-2012, 06:45 PM
While i would agree with you that still isnt for certain either. I think common sense would say that but for all we know maybe EFX really isnt all that sure they want to invest any more time into Teebs. Logic would say otherwise but you never know.

I'm not at all convinced that EFX is sold on Tebow as a long term (or short term) answer at QB, and neither am I. That said, Clay's just very anti-Tebow, so everything is 'proof' that Tebow sucks.

Northman
03-10-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm not at all convinced that EFX is sold on Tebow as a long term (or short term) answer at QB, and neither am I. That said, Clay's just very anti-Tebow, so everything is 'proof' that Tebow sucks.

Yea, he isnt a big fan of the guy for sho. He's like a stubborn mule that way. lol

slim
03-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Yea, he isnt a big fan of the guy for sho. He's like a stubborn mule that way. lol

He's like a stubborn mule in a lot of ways.

claymore
03-10-2012, 06:56 PM
He's like a stubborn mule in a lot of ways.

Yeah, I have dick like a horse. :heh:

dogfish
03-10-2012, 07:00 PM

oh, don't crush clay's happiness. . . it's only going to last another couple of days anyway. . . :laugh:

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 07:01 PM

Once again, it's been ONE DAMNED YEAR. Tebow had more wins, more TDs, and less INTs than Elway did his first year. You're ready to throw in the towel after one year, where we won the division in hopes that a broken down Peyton Manning, who got lucky playing a Rex Grossman led Bears team, finally won a Superbowl 5 years ago in his prime can do it again. FYI, Peyton is 9-10 in the playoffs. Most of the time when he's faced a superior opponent, and even some inferior ones, he's been beaten - sometimes badly.

Manning is not the savior of this franchise and he's a 2 year stop-gap at best, IF he can even get/stay healthy enough to play. I think everyone's expectations that Manning is going to come in a transform this franchise into the 2007 Colts is far fetched. Manning, if healthy, maybe gives us another 2 wins over last year's record. Our O-line still needs to learn to pass block (no shit if we have Manning), our running game must get younger because McGahee is 32 and even though he did well last year he still gets nicked up, and our defense still has to play better team football vs the run and the pass. If all those things happen, and we get a little lucky, then maybe Manning can lead us to the dance. Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker aren't exactly Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Peyton can't make the WRs get open or catch the ball. He throws the ball well, but he can't do it all.

claymore
03-10-2012, 07:01 PM
All I'm saying is that just because we're tryin to land one of the alltiime greatest QBs who ever played doesn't mean we're completely giving up on our 2nd year guy with potential. If Tim gets his panties in a bunch over it then may e Elway will just cut ties but I don't take this whole thing as meaning the Broncos are definitely moving on from Tebow I don't see how you could.Understood, and I know i hate #15, so its hard to stay objective.

If Deion sanders were available would we dump Champ? No.. If Deion Sanders were available would we dump Lenny walls? YES!

Same scenario

Northman
03-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Once again, it's been ONE DAMNED YEAR. Tebow had more wins, more TDs, and less INTs than Elway did his first year. You're ready to throw in the towel after one year, where we won the division in hopes that a broken down Peyton Manning, who got lucky playing a Rex Grossman led Bears team, finally won a Superbowl 5 years ago in his prime. FYI, Peyton is 9-10 in the playoffs. Every time he's faced a superior opponent, and even some inferior ones, he's been beaten - sometimes badly.

Manning is not the savior of this franchise and he's a 2 year stop-gap at best, IF he can even get/stay healthy enough to play. I think everyone's expectations that Manning is going to come in a transform this franchise into the 2007 Colts is far fetched. Manning, if healthy, maybe gives us another 2 wins over last year's record. Our O-line still needs to learn to pass block (no shit if we have Manning), our running game must get younger because McGahee is 32 and even though he did well last year he still gets nicked up, and our defense still has to play better team football vs the run and the pass. If all those things happen, and we get a little lucky, then maybe Manning can lead us to the dance. Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker aren't exactly Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Peyton can't make the WRs get open or catch the ball. He throws the ball well, but he can't do it all.

Its hysterical that you would trash Manning all to hell but then prop Tebow up after a season of smoke and mirrors. hahahahaah

Dude, your much better than this.

HammeredOut
03-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Once again, it's been ONE DAMNED YEAR. Tebow had more wins, more TDs, and less INTs than Elway did his first year. You're ready to throw in the towel after one year, where we won the division in hopes that a broken down Peyton Manning, who got lucky playing a Rex Grossman led Bears team, finally won a Superbowl 5 years ago in his prime. FYI, Peyton is 9-10 in the playoffs. Every time he's faced a superior opponent, and even some inferior ones, he's been beaten - sometimes badly.

The Colts with Manning are a 14-2 team. The Colts without Manning are a 2-14 team. The Broncos won 6 of 8 games this year with 18 points scored or less. Manning has never had a defense that could keep less then 18 points on the board.

Tebow is the worst starting QB in the league, and will never be a starter anywhere when he leaves Denver.

claymore
03-10-2012, 07:06 PM

I want Manning here because it means we can get rid of Tebow. I dont have very much hope Manning will actually do well. So Im not going to argue anything pro manning being the future.

I can only compare Tebow to akili smith and vince young. They are the only QB's ive seen that have been as bad as him. I think VY is actually alot better than him. Way more polished. and he is turrable.

Northman
03-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I can only compare Tebow to akili smith and vince young. They are the only QB's ive seen that have been as bad as him. I think VY is actually alot better than him. Way more polished. and he is turrable.

Man, i knew Akili was bad but i didnt remember him being THAT bad. Although, 2 out of 4 years he was able to get his completion percentage above 50%. In four years he has a average of 46.6% while Teebs has like a 47.3%.

Vince has a career percentage of 57.9 at the moment but has never been below 50%.

SR
03-10-2012, 07:18 PM

While our opinions on the matter differ, that is a great analogy.

chazoe60
03-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Completion percentage is the holy grail I take it?

Shit I was at the Bears game and I have never seen a game with more dropped passes in my life. Might as well dump those broke ass chumps too.

SR
03-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Please tell me you're currently stoned.

Northman
03-10-2012, 07:20 PM

Dont know if its the holy grail but it plays a part sure.

Tned
03-10-2012, 07:22 PM

Yea, I started to change his username to Claymule a while back, but thought it would be seen as an abuse of power. :lol: :laugh: :lol:

SR
03-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Once again, it's been ONE DAMNED YEAR. Tebow had more wins, more TDs, and less INTs than Elway did his first year. You're ready to throw in the towel after one year, where we won the division in hopes that a broken down Peyton Manning, who got lucky playing a Rex Grossman led Bears team, finally won a Superbowl 5 years ago in his prime can do it again. FYI, Peyton is 9-10 in the playoffs. Most of the time when he's faced a superior opponent, and even some inferior ones, he's been beaten - sometimes badly.

Quit with the bullshit 9-10 playoff record. HE HAS PLAYED IN NINETEEN PLAYOFF GAMES. That means something. His losing record also is an indicator of how great the teams he was playing against were and also exposed weaknesses in his own team. Peyton Manning did not lose those games, the Colts lost those games.

And Tebow might need more time to develop. Unfortunately for him and for fans of his, the Broncos want to win now and we can't win now with Tebow because he "needs a couple years under his belt". Jesus. No, not Tebow. The other one.

Tned
03-10-2012, 07:24 PM
The worst thing about this Manning BS is that it ripped me out of my post seasong, pre-draft annual Broncos/NFL hibernation. After the season ends, with the Broncos not winning it all, I go deep, start licking my wounds, and don't usually resurface and start seriously following Broncos news until around draft time. Not this year. Thanks Peyton!

dogfish
03-10-2012, 07:25 PM
come on, fellas, can't we all just get along?

:lol:

Northman
03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
The worst thing about this Manning BS is that it ripped me out of my post seasong, pre-draft annual Broncos/NFL hibernation. After the season ends, with the Broncos not winning it all, I go deep, start licking my wounds, and don't usually resurface and start seriously following Broncos news until around draft time. Not this year. Thanks Peyton!

You were licking your wounds? I know we got stomped by the Pats but the BRONCOS still did better than we anticipated.

Northman
03-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Go away douchenugget.

camdisco24
03-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Meanwhile, a source close to Tim Tebow said the Broncos' incumbent quarterback is philosophical about his team's pursuit of Manning and won't comment until "after the smoke clears."

I doubt Tebow is "furious" no need to be angry until something actually happens. Knowing what I do about Tebow, I'm sure he's taking the high road right now. (Sorry if that quote has already been posted.

dogfish
03-10-2012, 07:30 PM

it's time you jumped in anyway. . . free agency's going to be interesting this year, T-- bringing in peyton ****in' manning as our first visit should be all the indicator you need. . .

i'm not saying we're going to sign him. . . but we're clearly going to be active-- i wasn't completely sold when elway said we would be, but i think this definitely counts. . . there are lots of quality consolation prizes out there if we don't get manning, and a number of our own depth guys that will have to be dealt with at some point-- i'm guessing they're all on hold while we pursue PAYton. . .

shit's gonna go fast and furious once it does start, though. . . it's going to be entertaining. . . for once we actually have legit cap space, and are apparently willing to spend some of it. . .

Tned
03-10-2012, 07:32 PM

That's a negative, Ghostrider...

You were licking your wounds? I know we got stomped by the Pats but the BRONCOS still did better than we anticipated.

Yep. Don't get me wrong, getting in the playoffs and winning the Pitt game (even better, being in the stands to experience it) was great, but I still put so much focus on the Broncos all season long that I need a mental break from it for a few months after the season ends. The exception being when the post SB party continues from February to April following a Den win.

dogfish
Go away douchenugget.

no. . . i'm gonna hang out and antagonize you. . .

:wave:

Northman
He shouldnt be angry at all. The only way he should be angry is if Denver gave up 3 1st's to obtain RGIII or Luck. If he's angry about Manning would he be angry if we tried to sign Sage Rosenfels? I think not. Manning in Denver would only be a good thing for him so he has nothing to be angry about.

Tned
03-10-2012, 07:37 PM
He shouldnt be angry at all. The only way he should be angry is if Denver gave up 3 1st's to obtain RGIII or Luck. If he's angry about Manning would he be angry if we tried to sign Sage Rosenfels? I think not. Manning in Denver would only be a good thing for him so he has nothing to be angry about.

Man, as much as I didn't want to be in the Luck sweepstakes, because of the terrible season it would have taken to win it, there was a part of me that REALLY wanted to be in line for that number one pick.

Northman
03-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Man, as much as I didn't want to be in the Luck sweepstakes, because of the terrible season it would have taken to win it, there was a part of me that REALLY wanted to be in line for that number one pick.

Had we just sucked like i thought we would than yea, i could see the possibility. But whatever rabbits Tweebo managed to pull out of his ass put the hex on that. Its all good though, made the season more interesting. At least for the time being. We shall see if he can repeat that this year unless of course cut that meat signs with us.

claymore
03-10-2012, 07:45 PM

Shit I was at the Bears game and I have never seen a game with more dropped passes in my life. Might as well dump those broke ass chumps too.

Go to NFL.com, search QB stats, and tebow is worst, or second worst on every single important statistic that are held on QB's. I blame alot of the drops on the left handed spin. I know Tebow cant help it, but he cant help dyslexia either. Both not traits in the QB I would like us to have.

dogfish
03-10-2012, 07:46 PM

we were terrible at that point-- hard not to have some interest. . .

it was out the window by mid-season, though. . .

manning wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. . . :D

dogfish
03-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Go to NFL.com, search QB stats, and tebow is worst, or second worst on every single important statistic that are held on QB's. I blame alot of the drops on the left handed spin. I know Tebow cant help it, but he cant help dyslexia either. Both not traits in the QB I would like us to have.

go to NFL.com and search "winning," stat boi!

:heh:

pipes
03-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I did that...all I saw was a picture of Charlie Sheen.:cool:

claymore
03-10-2012, 07:51 PM
go to NFL.com and search "winning," stat boi!

:heh:

Your not helping Dog!!!

dogfish
03-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Your not helping Dog!!!

that's because i'm not trying to help. . . :lol:

chazoe60
03-10-2012, 07:58 PM
The "Tebow can't hit the broadside of a barn" hyperbole is just as bias and intellectually dishonest as the "Tebow is the greatest, Elway is jealous" shit.

Both extreme sides are fuking stupid.

Northman
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
The "Tebow can't hit the broadside of a barn" hyperbole is just as bias and intellectually dishonest as the "Tebow is the greatest, Elway is jealous" shit.

Well, not really. He is really pretty inconsistent and while at times he does manage to hit the barn it isnt near enough where he should be.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Chill out Robbie, it's not like your brother is a 25-year-old ProBowl QB being shopped for a career long backup by an arrogant POS head coach that had litterally never done a F'n thing in the NFL. The Broncos do not owe Tim Tebow a damn thing, he's barely played well enough to keep his name out of consideration for a position change.......

claymore
03-10-2012, 08:08 PM

I saw him in Miami. There were a good number of throws where no one in the stadium knew who in the hell he was throwing to. It wasnt a little bad. It was terrible. If he could improve his throws I would come around alot more. But he is bad.

vettesplus
03-10-2012, 08:09 PM
F^%$k tim tebow and his camp!! if we can land manning tt can just move on down the road in my opionion

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Quit with the bullshit 9-10 playoff record. HE HAS PLAYED IN NINETEEN PLAYOFF GAMES. That means something. His losing record also is an indicator of how great the teams he was playing against were and also exposed weaknesses in his own team. Peyton Manning did not lose those games, the Colts lost those games.

And Tebow might need more time to develop. Unfortunately for him and for fans of his, the Broncos want to win now and we can't win now with Tebow because he "needs a couple years under his belt". Jesus. No, not Tebow. The other one.

Wait, don't you mean the Colts have played in nineteen playoff games? If they won and lost those games as a team, they got there as a team, too.

Once again, I'm fine with bringing Manning in if that's what the FO thinks is "best", but are they thinking with their heads or their hearts? I know Elway wants to wake up each morning knowing he has a HOF QB on the roster at all times, but the world doesn't work that way. My main issue isn't Tebow, it isn't even Manning, it's the fact that can't we find a better way to spend $20 million dollars? For Heaven's sake, even with all the hype surrounding him, if EFX is sure Tebow ain't the guy or needs more time, we could bring in Matt Flynn for 1/3 what Manning would command. I'd rather use the cap space on the TEAM, not on one position. The defense let Brady walk all over them twice, not even the mighty Peyton could've stopped that flood. Let's be realistic, what does Peyton really bring to this team? A guy who can throw the football (we think, it's still unconfirmed). Unfortunately, as Phyllis Rivers knows (and even Tom Brady who just lost the Superbowl), it takes more than that to win in this league.

dogfish
03-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I saw him in Miami. There were a good number of throws where no one in the stadium knew who in the hell he was throwing to.

what's so shocking about that?

some of throws, i can almost assure you he didn't know where he was throwing it. . . when you're a young guy, and neither you or the receivers really know the playbook that well, sometimes one of them will be wrong-- the receiver runs an out when it was supposed to be an in, the ball's out by the top of his stem, and it gets thrown over the middle where no one is there but a linebacker. . . or the route calls for a post, the QB thinks it's a corner, and the ball sails to an empty sideline. . .

if he's still our QB this year, and making those throw at the end of the season, then you know for sure he's just that bad. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Rare is the example when a highly prized recruit picks his team after one visit.

There will be no exception for Peyton Manning. The free-agent quarterback with 399 touchdown passes, 11 Pro Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl ring is getting ready to leave Denver for the Phoenix area, where he is scheduled to meet with the Arizona Cardinals on Saturday night, according to two NFL sources.

AND

Meanwhile, a source close to Tim Tebow said the Broncos' incumbent quarterback is philosophical about his team's pursuit of Manning and won't comment until "after the smoke clears."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20147337/manning-leaving-meet-cardinals-broncos-term-talks-productive

bcbronc
03-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Tebow had more wins, more TDs, and less INTs than Elway did his first year.

Not exactly.

Elways first season: 4-6 record (played in 11 gms), 7TDs, 14 INTs, 1 rushing TD.

Tebows first season: 1-2 record (played in 9 gms), 5 TDs, 3 INTs, 6 rushing TDs.

Big difference in Ints, but Elway attempted 259 passes to Tebow's 82.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 08:42 PM

Nuts! Typical Tebow/Gator fan. I have no idea what you're whining about, whatever happens to Tim Tebow you will follow him where ever he goes. I, for one, wouldn't miss his ridiculous F'n fans at all.

As for your attempt to focus the attention away from Tebow's actual play; no starting position played worse than the starting QB. Not DT, not LB, not even S. The Broncos had to wipe their ass with 5 decades of NFL evolution just to keep the starting QB on the field, had they not been willing to do that we wouldn't even be having this discusion. I'm surprised that anybody would be pissed if the Broncos signed Peyton Manning, given their current QB situation. But that's, like, the opinion of 99.99% of the NFL community. I'm not even sure Josh McDaniels would rather have Tim Tebow.

I won't pretend to know how many years a team will get out of Manning, but 1-2 years with Manning is better than a life time with the QB we saw last year. Arizona wants Manning, KC too, the Jets, the Phins. What do all those teams have in common with each other? They all have better starting QB's than Denver, Seattle and Washington are the only teams that compares to Denver. And those teams debatable. It's worth it, if for no other reason than to put an end to The Tebow-la Virus.

Btw, you're not a Broncos fan, who cares what you were hoping for the defense? You didn't have any idea who was on this defense until they drafted Tim Tebow.......

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Not exactly.

Elways first season: 4-6 record (played in 11 gms), 7TDs, 14 INTs, 1 rushing TD.

Tebows first season: 1-2 record (played in 9 gms), 5 TDs, 3 INTs, 6 rushing TDs.

Big difference in Ints, but Elway attempted 259 passes to Tebow's 82.

Fair enough, but I was talking about this past year as his first year, not the token 3 games he got to play in at the end of 2010 with nothing to play for but pride, for an interim HC, with no reps under his belt...

claymore
03-10-2012, 08:48 PM

some of throws, i can almost assure you he didn't know where he was throwing it. . . when you're a young guy, and neither you or the receivers really know the playbook that well, sometimes one of them will be wrong-- the receiver runs an out when it was supposed to be an in, the ball's out by the top of his stem, and it gets thrown over the middle where no one is there but a linebacker. . . or the route calls for a post, the QB thinks it's a corner, and the ball sails to an empty sideline. . .

if he's still our QB this year, and making those throw at the end of the season, then you know for sure he's just that bad. . .

Dude, Im talking punts into the stands type shit.

If we dont sign Manning he will get his chance. I have little faith he can turn it around. Ive watched the NFL since I was 8. I cant think of a worse thrown ball. Jim plunkett maybye.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Nuts! Typical Tebow/Gator fan. I have no idea what you're whining about, whatever happens to Tim Tebow you will follow him where ever he goes. I, for one, wouldn't miss his ridiculous F'n fans at all.

As for your attempt to focus the attention away from Tebow's actual play; no starting position played worse than the starting QB. Not DT, not LB, not even S. The Broncos had to wipe their ass with 5 decades of NFL evolution just to keep the starting QB on the field, had they not been willing to do that we wouldn't even be having this discusion. I'm surprised that anybody would be pissed if the Broncos signed Peyton Manning, given their current QB situation. But that's, like, the opinion of 99.99% of the NFL community. I'm not even sure Josh McDaniels would rather have Tim Tebow.

I won't pretend to know how many years a team will get out of Manning, but 1-2 years with Manning is better than a life time with the QB we saw last year. Arizona wants Manning, KC too, the Jets, the Phins. What do all those teams have in common with each other? They all have better starting QB's than Denver, Seattle and Washington are the only teams that compares to Denver. And those teams debatable. It's worth it, if for no other reason than to put an end to The Tebow-la Virus.

Btw, you're not a Broncos fan, who cares what you were hoping for the defense? You didn't have any idea who was on this defense until they drafted Tim Tebow.......

And it's pretty obvious that you don't care much about this franchise as long as Tebow isn't on it... You weren't even bitching this much when we were 4-12. 8-8 with a playoff win isn't the same if it's Tebow that done it... :coffee:

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 08:51 PM

Doesn't that kinda put Tim Tebow's potential into perspective? A QB as talented as Peyton Manning has one SB and a 9-10 playoff record? Tebow is still trying to master skills Manning was born with. I'm not sure how this argument is supposed to make the signing of Peyton Manning less attractive.......

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 08:53 PM
And it's pretty obvious that you don't care much about this franchise as long as Tebow isn't on it... You weren't even bitching this much when we were 4-12. 8-8 with a playoff win isn't the same if it's Tebow that done it... :coffee:

You don't ****** know me, l care about the Denver Broncos as much as you or any other Broncos' fan. I just don't give a fat rats ass about Tim Tebow.......

Nomad
03-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks for stopping by Peyton.

topscribe
03-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Sounds like a veiled "hater" accusation . . .

topscribe
03-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Dude, Im talking punts into the stands type shit.

If we dont sign Manning he will get his chance. I have little faith he can turn it around. Ive watched the NFL since I was 8. I cant think of a worse thrown ball. Jim plunkett maybye.
Well, if Tebow can replicate Jim Plunkett, that would be fine. Plunkett ended up in the Super Bowl, after all . . .

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 09:19 PM

And l believe that way too many people are thinking that a 36-year-old, broken down Peyton Manning isn't a massive upgrade over the QB that we watched last year.......

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a veiled "hater" accusation . . .

Let them accuse. If l don't even care about the Broncos why would l bother give a shit what their fans think of me? I'm not even sure he actually articulated what he meant to say.......

topscribe
03-10-2012, 09:23 PM
And l believe that way too many people are thinking that a 36-year-old, broken down Peyton Manning isn't a massive upgrade over the QB that we watched last year.......
It's ironic, especially in that Tebow hasn't really proven anything, yet. But if EFX are confident in Manning, would one not think that EFX has researched it carefully? All this, "we don't know about Manning," doesn't make sense at all . . .

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 09:37 PM

Maybe that's because the proof that he sucks is everywhere.......

wayninja
03-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Manning is the QB of the future!

Nomad
03-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Manning is the QB of the future!

Not for the BRONCOS. BRONCOS got Kevin Dyson close though.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 09:45 PM
It's ironic, especially in that Tebow hasn't really proven anything, yet. But if EFX are confident in Manning, would one not think that EFX has researched it carefully? All this, "we don't know about Manning," doesn't make sense at all . . .

It's not as though every team in the hunt for Peyton Manning won't protect themselves from possibility that Manning never recovers. So you gamble on Manning, so what? It's a gamble worth taking, especially for teams with QB situations like Denver's. It's amusing that people act like replacing Tebow is a bad thing. I get it, you like the kid, but it's not like he's Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassel, much less Matt Schaub.......

wayninja
03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Not for the BRONCOS. BRONCOS got Kevin Dyson close though.

Well, even if we don't get him, I like this strategy of changing QB's every year or two. Keeps things fresh.

Nomad
03-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Well, even if we don't get him, I like this strategy of changing QB's every year or two. Keeps things fresh.

Drama in BRONCOland.....since 1999

BroncoStud
03-10-2012, 09:51 PM

Manning hasn't thrown for anyone to my knowledge. He is recovering from 3 neck surgeries and a nerve condition that has reportedly greatly impacted his throwing velocity. If a team is going to pay him say... $20 MILLION, then Peyton Manning ABSOLUTELY has question marks. Of course you dislike Tebow so much that you will find a way to involve him negatively in this discussion, but to say that Manning is good to go is just senile.

BroncoStud
03-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I saw him in Miami. There were a good number of throws where no one in the stadium knew who in the hell he was throwing to. It wasnt a little bad. It was terrible. If he could improve his throws I would come around alot more. But he is bad.

He has improved a LOT since the Miami game. He dropped 316 on the Steelers in a damn playoff game. Forget that already Clay?

If he "can't hit the broad side of a barn" right now but can drop 316 on the #1 defense in the NFL on a national stage, I would imagine the sky is the limit when he actually improves his accuracy more, right??

wayninja
03-10-2012, 09:55 PM
It should surprise no one that that the level of polarization regarding Tebow is so intense that manning could be in a wheelchair and folks would declare him an easy favorite coming out of camp...

wayninja
03-10-2012, 09:56 PM
He has improved a LOT since the Miami game. He dropped 316 on the Steelers in a damn playoff game. Forget that already Clay?

If he "can't hit the broad side of a barn" right now but can drop 316 on the #1 defense in the NFL on a national stage, I would imagine the sky is the limit when he actually improves his accuracy more, right??

No. That was luck and the Steelers were hurt. And coaching. And Tim countered his left handed spin by using a quantum entanglement device that bronconut built.

topscribe
03-10-2012, 10:06 PM
It's not as though every team in the hunt for Peyton Manning won't protect themselves from possibility that Manning never recovers. So you gamble on Manning, so what? It's a gamble worth taking, especially for teams with QB situations like Denver's. It's amusing that people act like replacing Tebow is a bad thing. I get it, you like the kid, but it's not like he's Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassel, much less Matt Schaub.......
Well, as I mentioned, I don't think EFX considers it the gamble that some of us do. They aren't going to wave around tens of millions of dollars over a roll of the dice. That just is not Bowlen's history.

Nonetheless, some of this argument against Manning, I perceive, is from the devoted fanhood of Tebow. The problem is, even if Denver does not get Manning, it is looking suspiciously as if Denver will make every effort to go for Weeden. I think EFX is going to do everything they can to get out of this circus and get on with trying to win championships. And it is apparent to me that they just may not be sold that Tebow can take them there . . .

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 10:10 PM

Maybe, but if Tebow actually did miss the broad side of a barn l wouldn't be a bit surprised.......

Tned
03-10-2012, 10:11 PM

Yep, just like Colt McCoy his first two years, Ponder up in Minnesota and others. LOTS of young QBs have accuracy/consistency problems.

BroncoStud
03-10-2012, 10:12 PM
No. That was luck and the Steelers were hurt. And coaching. And Tim countered his left handed spin by using a quantum entanglement device that bronconut built.

I suppose we can use that "luck" and "coaching" argument pretty much every game every week in the NFL then... It's amazing to me how little credit Tebow gets from Broncos fans.

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 10:12 PM
My head hurts from all of the drama that has surrounded this team.

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 10:21 PM
8:40 PM Mike Florio: A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Manning currently is “making it up as he goes.” Per the source, Manning never envisioned being in this situation, and he simply hadn’t planned for it...Which means that it will be critical for the various suitors to establish with Peyton a real connection that will allow him to believe it’s the right move, wherever he ends up moving...In this regard, there’s also a benefit to being the last team who meets with Peyton. If it’s a close call, the folks he’s with when he’s close to making up his mind will have a decided advantage.

7:40 PM Fox31 in Denver: A source told FOX31 Sports that Manning’s visit went “very well” and Broncos management “feel(s) strongly they are the frontrunners at this point. The source indicated that Manning feels there are “no negatives with the Broncos.” Peyton would like to make a decision by Monday, but by Tuesday at the latest.

Sounds like Arizona has a small window here to blow Manning away. It better be all that and a bag of chips if they are going to beat John Elway.

6:47: PM Dmac retweets: is PM just going on the rest of the stops on the tour to do the classy, right thing and in all actuality he's already a Bronco?

This is why I love me some DMac. He says he can't reveal more that his sources have told him, but then does his best to stick a flashing sign in your face. Obviously, this is speculation, but the Broncos must feel confident.

6:23 PM Klis' version of what Dmac tweeted: Manning off to Ariz. Bronco source characterizes Peyton Manning visit as productive. Team is hopeful and encouraged by time spent with him.

I almost feel worse for Klis than I do for Tebow. Tebow's book sold a hundred-billion copies; Klis' book may have a shelf life that expires next Tuesday.

6:06 PM DMac believes Manning will be a Bronco from sources inside Dove Valley. He also tweets: Hearing news that manning is headed to zona tnite. The denver visit was very positive. Wish I could reveal more but will have to leave it at that...

Given this and Glazer's tweet, one would assume the Broncos offered Manning the sun, moon, and an autographed Tebow jersey. Sounds like those inside Dove Valley think this is going to happen.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Well, as I mentioned, I don't think EFX considers it the gamble that some of us do. They aren't going to wave around tens of millions of dollars over a roll of the dice. That just is not Bowlen's history.

Nonetheless, some of this argument against Manning, I perceive, is from the devoted fanhood of Tebow. The problem is, even if Denver does not get Manning, it is looking suspiciously as if Denver will make every effort to go for Weeden. I think EFX is going to do everything they can to get out of this circus and get on with trying to win championships. And it is apparent to me that they just may not be sold that Tebow can take them there . . .

I don't know what's more disturbing; the notion that EFX needs a reason to wanna put an end to the circus, or the notion that they have to bring in a QB the caliber of Peyton Manning to justify putting an end to the circus.

This entire argument is because of the devoted fanhood of Tebow, not some of it, all of it. How many fans in Arizona are whining about what this might mean to Kevin Kolb and John Skelton? Ya think they give a **** about what this means to Matt Cassel in KC? Matt Moore played well in '11, much better than Tebow did, ya think Phinfan is comparing Moore to Marino's early career to defend Moore? Doubt it. Ya have any idea why? Cause it's stupid!

I think the most annoying part of this whole Tebow Thing is that his fans think that the world owes Tebow something. First it was because he was a 1st round pick and "we have to see what we have in Tebow", but now that it's painfully obvious that he not a 1st round prospect it's because he single-handedly carried a 1-4 team to the playoffs and a stunning victory over the best 2nd-team players in the league.......

dogfish
03-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Given this and Glazer's tweet, one would assume the Broncos offered Manning the sun, moon, and an autographed Tebow jersey. Sounds like those inside Dove Valley think this is going to happen.

john agreed to give him the cleats from The Drive. . .

Nomad
03-10-2012, 10:48 PM
john agreed to give him the cleats from The Drive. . .

Granted, I am for giving Tebow more time, but will go with whatever the FO decides.......I found this quote response from a fan funny from one of the PFT articles.....

randomguy9999 says:Mar 10, 2012 8:02 PM

the Denver visit was “productive”…

translation Elway got into full frontal begging mode: “Please get us out of Tebow!”

hotcarl
03-10-2012, 11:13 PM
This manning sounds like the real deal, let's party

sneakers
03-10-2012, 11:19 PM
This is bullshit.

If this was even remotely true, ESPN would be all over it, because they like drama.

camdisco24
03-10-2012, 11:20 PM
This manning sounds like the real deal, let's party

The kid can flat play.

wayninja
03-10-2012, 11:22 PM
The source indicated that Manning feels there are “no negatives with the Broncos.”

Yep, no negatives at all. All we have needed the last few years is an aging HOF'er. Our defense, receiving corp, o-line, and special teams are all rock solid and not going anywhere. And we can easily live without DJ for 6 games too.

If we land Manning, surely we will at least be AFC champs next season.

RebelRocker
03-10-2012, 11:55 PM

Kinda easy to have 316 passing yards when the only one guy is covering the WR's and the rest blitzing.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Kinda easy to have 316 passing yards when the only one guy is covering the WR's and the rest blitzing.

You could also say that it's easy to look good throwing to Wayne, Harrison, and Dallas Clark...

wayninja
03-11-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't know what's more disturbing; the notion that EFX needs a reason to wanna put an end to the circus, or the notion that they have to bring in a QB the caliber of Peyton Manning to justify putting an end to the circus.

This entire argument is because of the devoted fanhood of Tebow, not some of it, all of it. How many fans in Arizona are whining about what this might mean to Kevin Kolb and John Skelton? Ya think they give a **** about what this means to Matt Cassel in KC? Matt Moore played well in '11, much better than Tebow did, ya think Phinfan is comparing Moore to Marino's early career to defend Moore? Doubt it. Ya have any idea why? Cause it's stupid!

I think the most annoying part of this whole Tebow Thing is that his fans think that the world owes Tebow something. First it was because he was a 1st round pick and "we have to see what we have in Tebow", but now that it's painfully obvious that he not a 1st round prospect it's because he single-handedly carried a 1-4 team to the playoffs and a stunning victory over the best 2nd-team players in the league.......

A couple of things;

1. Why would Manning 'put an end to the circus'? The tents have been here since Plummer and a QB who has a few more years left in him at most is hardly going to put and end to anything anytime soon no matter how he plays.

2. Some of us aren't interested in defending Tebow's feelings. Some of us genuinely question the wisdom of maintaining the insanity of stopgap QB's and deck reshuffling every/every other season. Turnover on the Broncos is way worse than most College teams.

3. I don't care what Tebow is 'owed', however it's starting to get a bit more difficult to take anything positive that the FO says about Tebow seriously. And when a FO who declared it's motto coming out of the gate to be 'transparency', this is sort of a problem. I get other FO's do this stuff all the time. Supposedly the triumvirate was supposed to be different. Is it so much to ask for that we simply get a general intent of what they plan to do with our QB position? At best it seems like they have no idea, and at worst it seems like they are no better than anyone else at managing the public.

Npba900
03-11-2012, 12:29 AM

The reality is, Tebow needs to stop lying to himself believing he has a future as a starting prototypical starting NFL Quarter back. The Tebow fan base needs to quit lying to Tebow telling him he can make it as a prototypical NFL starting Quarter back.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 12:35 AM
The reality is, Tebow needs to stop lying to himself believing he has a future as a starting prototypical starting NFL Quarter back. The Tebow fan base needs to quit lying to Tebow telling him he can make it as a prototypical NFL starting Quarter back.

Exactly. The fact that he has a winning record is irrelevant because surely there is an excuse per win. He can't make it because you say so.

Npba900
03-11-2012, 12:43 AM

Wow, I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here. Denver won games last year in spite of Tim Tebow, not because of him. Their defense was their strength, their passing game was their clear weakness. Manning (along with another WR, maybe Wayne) turns them into a legitimate title contender now. Tebow can become a good QB, but he has a lot of work to do. There is no better person to learn from than Manning.

RebelRocker
03-11-2012, 01:21 AM
You could also say that it's easy to look good throwing to Wayne, Harrison, and Dallas Clark...

You could also say that Manning was SINGLEHANDEDLY the difference between the Colts winning 10 games in '10 to TWO wins in '11.

underrated29
03-11-2012, 01:28 AM
the broncos have been the worst team in the nfl over the last3 years. No one has less wins and win % than us.

Then submit a rookie 1 quarter of the way in with only 1 win, and they go to 2 games from the superbowl. And it was remarkably the defense that did it. The 22nd ranked NFL defense.

Yes, thats it. That makes tons of sense. Our defense just decided that it was going to win games while still being in the bottom 3rd of the nfl. They decided that RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
I love you REALITY GENIUSES, you just see so much of the game that the rest of the world misses.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 03:21 AM
the broncos have been the worst team in the nfl over the last3 years. No one has less wins and win % than us.

Then submit a rookie 1 quarter of the way in with only 1 win, and they go to 2 games from the superbowl. And it was remarkably the defense that did it. The 22nd ranked NFL defense.

Yes, thats it. That makes tons of sense. Our defense just decided that it was going to win games while still being in the bottom 3rd of the nfl. They decided that RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
I love you REALITY GENIUSES, you just see so much of the game that the rest of the world misses.

So you're saying it was the special teams that got the team within 2 games of the SB? Interesting take, l guess. Talk about seeing something the rest of the world misses.......

pipes
03-11-2012, 07:34 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/source-if-manning-picks-denver-tebow-is-gone/

MOtorboat
03-11-2012, 07:55 AM
As we understand it, the Broncos already have done their due diligence (i.e., tampering) regarding the looming free-agent class, and the Broncos are having a hard time finding anyone who would be interested in becoming the focal point of the fury of the Tebowmaniacs

Does this mean, just quarterbacks? I hope so.

claymore
03-11-2012, 09:00 AM

Dont give any credit to the coaching staff. They inherited 2 absolutley terrible QB's and a terrible defense. They were able to give the fans some joy with some lucky wins, but they have to move forward and fix the bad parts.

MOtorboat
03-11-2012, 09:51 AM
The latest:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-peyton-manning-favorites-sources-say

BORDERLINE
03-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I got into the reading the first couple of pages and I just want to chime IN.

Of course Tebow should be PIST. Why would any "HUMAN" with a job be happy that someone else is gonna take his job away?

Really I can't see half of you guys in your workplace be happy if your BOSS came in and said "johnson" your out. We are bringing in So and SO

Come on that is only common sense.

And to add to the whole Manning Trip. Denver looks to have done a HELL of A JOB. Shows that the franchise knows what it's doing.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't think Tebow is mad or upset because he knows the probability of Manning being a BRONCO is not going to happen........Manning will be a Dolphin though I picked KC at first. I'm sure Tebow knows how the FO thinks of his abilities as QB and this is pretty much his make or break year with Elway and he knows there will be another QB coming in to compete with him whether it be via draft or FA. Hopefully Tebow is working hard to improve.

chazoe60
03-11-2012, 10:23 AM
I actually think we land Manning, Nomad. And I think if we do TT will be wearing Jax colors next season.

Just hope PM stays healthy or we end up looking really stupid.

silkamilkamonico
03-11-2012, 10:29 AM

s.

Think of it like this. Honestly.

The organization better have a clear vision of this, and that vision better include winning. If they sign Manning and trade Tebow and Denver doesnt go to the playoffs next year, not only will they have mass amounts of egg in their, but they will also have to deal with fanbase that has sincerely questioned them over the last 3 years, and no Tim Tebow to come in at the end and save the day for them....again.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I actually think we land Manning, Nomad. And I think if we do TT will be wearing Jax colors next season.

Just hope PM stays healthy or we end up looking really stupid.

Either way, it's cool with me. I'm never right anyway:lol:

Northman
03-11-2012, 10:44 AM
The latest:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-peyton-manning-favorites-sources-say

I thought everybody kept saying that Miami is the leader? lol

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Manning will become a Cowboy:lol:

chazoe60
03-11-2012, 10:47 AM
I thin Manning signs with the Packers and we trade Tebow to GB for Rodgers.

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I thin Manning signs with the Packers and we trade Tebow to GB for Rodgers.

Get 'er done!

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:50 AM
He says the two parties spoke for more than 15 hours between Friday and Saturday, and the Broncos apparently told Peyton they are willing to sign some of his fellow ex-Colts via free agency.
Via - Woody Paige

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Funny! BRONCO fans and FO hated Peyton and are now groveling at his feet. Is it more for his services or to get rid of Tebow?:lol:

Krugan
03-11-2012, 10:56 AM
So we have to bring in parts to get Manning here, his old parts, that his old team that just sucked decided to move on without.

And we have 17 or so players that are able to leave, and still have holes all over the place.

I dont get how we would toss all the eggs in one basket, with a handle thats repaired and not sure if it will hold.

Move tebow if need be, but please please think past 3 years.

Northman
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM

Which i think they plan to address come draftime.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Bobby flay made a really good sauce for some asparagus but that stuff makes your pee pee smell weird, gonna need to try that pastry tho

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:01 AM
If the Peyton thing falls through I'm hoping we put a deal together to bring in Aikman, Smith, and Irving.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Bobby flay

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Hey guys what's the over under on how many Tebowmaniacs will jump ship if Tebow is traded?

Northman
03-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Hey guys what's the over under on how many Tebowmaniacs will jump ship if Tebow is traded?

All of them and thank god. **** them fanboi's.

LTC Pain
03-11-2012, 01:26 PM
One better. If/when Tebow is traded I think the mods should delete all Tebowmaniac forum accounts or transfer them to the Jaguars board. Because wherever Tebow goes, its all about him and not the team, right?

topscribe
03-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Think of it like this. Honestly.

The organization better have a clear vision of this, and that vision better include winning. If they sign Manning and trade Tebow and Denver doesnt go to the playoffs next year, not only will they have mass amounts of egg in their, but they will also have to deal with fanbase that has sincerely questioned them over the last 3 years, and no Tim Tebow to come in at the end and save the day for them....again.
I'm sure they do, Silk . . .

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Funny! BRONCO fans and FO hated Peyton and are now groveling at his feet. Is it more for his services or to get rid of Tebow?:lol:

Both. Despite being pressured to say all the right things, has this organization DONE anything that really makes anyone believe they see Tebow as the future QB of this team?

jhildebrand
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
but they will also have to deal with fanbase that has sincerely questioned them over the last 3 years

I am not so sure this regime would be questioned and rightfully so. Much of that was due to McDaniels. The talk all season long was this past year no matter the outcome would be a free pass for EFX just because of the mess the hurricane left behind. Even now I am not so sure how much scrutiny EFX would ever face. Of course the Tebow fans (only tebow not Broncos fans) will be critical. But let's face it, they are a minority. They're like kickers. They should only speak when spoken to.

Northman
03-11-2012, 02:06 PM
But let's face it, they are a minority. They're like kickers. They should only speak when spoken to.

That was pretty funny right thar.

jhildebrand
I hope the Broncos only move Tebow (assuming they get Manning) if they get a good price. I don't want to see an outright release. The best teams keep their athletes/talents. Force the kid to play the Chris Cooley/Dallas Clark role. I don't care but get something for him. Get part of that King's Ransom back!

Nomad
Both. Despite being pressured to say all the right things, has this organization DONE anything that really makes anyone believe they see Tebow as the future QB of this team?

I would lean more to say they are bidding hard for Peyton to get rid of Tebow rather than rely on his QBing abilities. The BRONCOS have been straight up on what they think of Tebow but this situation would make it very easy to wash their hands of Tebow and draft their QB to sit and learn from Manning.

RebelRocker
03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
So we have to bring in parts to get Manning here, his old parts, that his old team that just sucked decided to move on without.

And we have 17 or so players that are able to leave, and still have holes all over the place.

I dont get how we would toss all the eggs in one basket, with a handle thats repaired and not sure if it will hold.

Which is why we still need to draft a QB this year to groom for the future, regardless of who's the starter this upcoming season. We can't afford to have a situation like Minnesota had a few years ago. They went all in and crapped the bed. Now, they're stuck in a tough division with a lot of youth and crap veterans. I'd be shocked if they get back into the playoffs in the next few years with that division being as tough as it is.

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
He says the two parties spoke for more than 15 hours between Friday and Saturday, and the Broncos apparently told Peyton they are willing to sign some of his fellow ex-Colts via free agency.
Via - Woody Paige

Wayne is a good idea anyway. Until Decker learns how to get separation, the slot is best for him. Clark isnt a bad idea considering our lack of talent at TE.

I dont want to turn this into the Denver Colts, but whatever wins games and improves the team is ok by me.

Think of the attraction this will generate for other FAs

CoachChaz
03-11-2012, 02:31 PM

Which is why we still need to draft a QB this year to groom for the future, regardless of who's the starter this upcoming season. We can't afford to have a situation like Minnesota had a few years ago. They went all in and crapped the bed. Now, they're stuck in a tough division with a lot of youth and crap veterans. I'd be shocked if they get back into the playoffs in the next few years with that division being as tough as it is.

I still say we wait til 2013 to find the heir. Much more talent available. I mean...what did learning from Manning do for Painter?

Still have to draft talent

HammeredOut
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
I still say we wait til 2013 to find the heir. Much more talent available. I mean...what did learning from Manning do for Painter?

Still have to draft talent

Look at the Colts. They are a 2-14 team without Manning, and a 14-2 with Manning. With the Broncos defense we have right now, we are talking Superbowl, and maybe some rings.

hotcarl
03-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Sounds like b-flay for a mean stuffed pepper

catfish
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Look at the Colts. They are a 2-14 team without Manning, and a 14-2 with Manning. With the Broncos defense we have right now, we are talking Superbowl, and maybe some rings.

10-6 but your point is valid

turftoad
03-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Wayne is a good idea anyway. Until Decker learns how to get separation, the slot is best for him. Clark isnt a bad idea considering our lack of talent at TE.

I dont want to turn this into the Denver Colts, but whatever wins games and improves the team is ok by me.

Think of the attraction this will generate for other FAs

I like the idea of bringing in Clark better than Wayne. Also, I just read where the Colts aren't bringing back Gonzalez either. Not that that means anything except the Colts are continuing to purge.
Hell, bring em all in. I like the idea of bringing in Saturday too if that help the cause.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
With the Broncos defense we have right now, we are talking Superbowl, and maybe some rings.

The 22nd ranked Defense this year and dead last the year before? The same one that gave up 40+ points in multiple games? I think we are definitely making strides, but to claim our Defense is SB caliber is absurd.

Northman
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
I like the idea of bringing in Clark better than Wayne. Also, I just read where the Colts aren't bringing back Gonzalez either. Not that that means anything except the Colts are continuing to purge.
Hell, bring em all in. I like the idea of bringing in Saturday too if that help the cause.

Yea, not crazy about being the Denver Colts but considering the level of talent with those guys as compared to the Browncos i would still take it.

catfish
03-11-2012, 03:19 PM
The 22nd ranked Defense this year and dead last the year before? The same one that gave up 40+ points in multiple games? I think we are definitely making strides, but to claim our Defense is SB caliber is absurd.

7 teams that made the playoffs had a game where they gave up 40 points, only 1 team won that game(GB). 5 teams had multiple games where they gave up 40 points( Denver, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Buffalo, Minnesota) Only 1 of those made the playoffs. Only 1 team had more than 2 games where they gave up more than 40.

This is both a testament to how far the defense has to go, but also how well they were playing when they were winning in order for the points/ game to end up where it did.

Northman
03-11-2012, 04:12 PM
This is both a testament to how far the defense has to go, but also how well they were playing when they were winning in order for the points/ game to end up where it did.

Defense still needs work no doubt. But at the same time a very good offense can help alleviate some of the pressure (See New England). The Colts for years have had average to poor defenses but because of QB's like Manning it can help them by forcing opposing teams to keep up on the scoreboard and to give the defense much needed rest. It was easy to see last year that our defense was just getting gassed by having to stay on the field so much.

catfish
03-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Defense still needs work no doubt. But at the same time a very good offense can help alleviate some of the pressure (See New England). The Colts for years have had average to poor defenses but because of QB's like Manning it can help them by forcing opposing teams to keep up on the scoreboard and to give the defense much needed rest. It was easy to see last year that our defense was just getting gassed by having to stay on the field so much.

Denver dominated TOP and did pretty damn good on field position battle. There really arent any good excuses for the collapses. Denver played extremely well at times, but played very poor at times. There were other teams that had worse offenses, none of them gave up more 40 point games

Northman
03-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Denver dominated TOP and did pretty damn good on field position battle. There really arent any good excuses for the collapses. Denver played extremely well at times, but played very poor at times. There were other teams that had worse offenses, none of them gave up more 40 point games

True, but (although i dont have the stats in front of me) how much of those 40 points came off turnovers? Like direct scoring? I know in the first NE matchup and in the Buffalo game there were some scores by the defense itself in those cases.

catfish
03-11-2012, 04:43 PM
True, but (although i dont have the stats in front of me) how much of those 40 points came off turnovers? Like direct scoring? I know in the first NE matchup and in the Buffalo game there were some scores by the defense itself in those cases.

I would assume that Denver had several, but so did other teams. IIRC the broncos had an average # of turnovers, so that argument really wouldn't be valid....believe me I have tried to look at it in many different ways, but there is no getting around the consistency issue. When they were on they were on, when they fell apart it was a total collapse

dogfish
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I like the idea of bringing in Clark better than Wayne.

aww heeeeeeell no! clark missed half of each of the past two seasons, and every few seasons the guy goes down. . . dude is a fragile-ass china doll. . .

reggie wayne hasn't missed one single game since '02. . .

getlynched47
03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
When did these forums get injected with steroids? Everything looks so different

topscribe
03-11-2012, 07:41 PM
When did these forums get injected with steroids? Everything looks so different

Hi buddy! :wave: This thread should help to indoctrinate you on it:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?358296-Bronco-Forums-upgrade-Ask-questions-amp-post-any-problems-here

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:17 PM

This is gonna blow up in Elway's face if Manning doesn't sign with the Broncos. You can't come crawling back to Tebow after this.

This is the problem with the Manning circus. The 10 or so teams that are going to go after him are trashing their own quarterbacks in the process. This is why the Jets and Redskins were smart in passing on the Manning circus and resigning Sanchez and going after RGIII.

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 10:31 PM
11:11 PM The way Doug Farrar hears it, the Chiefs aren't going quietly: Just talked to a reliable source in KC -- the Chiefs aren't out of it either. Productive meetings between KC and Peyton's people.

11:07 PM As Mike Florio reports, the Cardinals have serious work to do to create cap space if they want to sign Manning: The Cardinals are $16.4 million over the cap, as adjusted to reflect $2 million in 2011 carryover and $1.333 million in downward adjustments. Amazingly, the Cardinals could have carried over $7.04 million. They opted only to carry over $2 million.

Not sure why the Cards didn't carry over the full amount. Did they not think this all the way until the end?

8:45 PM Klis reports that contracts were never discussed on either of Manning's visits to Denver and Arizona; Bowlen met with Manning for 20-30 minutes and Bowlen said he wants Super Bowls, not division titles; Brandon Stokley and John Lynch met with Manning while in Denver; Arizon was "red carpet" while Denver was "low key;" finally, Klis believes this could drag on until Tuesday if the Titans and/or 49ers were to make a run at Manning.

Simple Jaded
03-11-2012, 10:34 PM
This is gonna blow up in Elway's face if Manning doesn't sign with the Broncos. You can't come crawling back to Tebow after this.

This is the problem with the Manning circus. The 10 or so teams that are going to go after him are trashing their own quarterbacks in the process. This is why the Jets and Redskins were smart in passing on the Manning circus and resigning Sanchez and going after RGIII.

Do you honestly think the Broncos care if Tebow gets bent, Gatorfan?.......

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:36 PM
8:45 PM Klis reports that contracts were never discussed on either of Manning's visits to Denver and Arizona; Bowlen met with Manning for 20-30 minutes and Bowlen said he wants Super Bowls, not division titles; Brandon Stokley and John Lynch met with Manning while in Denver; Arizon was "red carpet" while Denver was "low key;" finally, Klis believes this could drag on until Tuesday if the Titans and/or 49ers were to make a run at Manning.

The smart teams like the 49ers, Ravens, Cowboys, Texans are going to remain under the radar so that they don't throw their current starting QB under the bus.

I'm not sure how Denver was "low key" with all the media coverage his visit generated. It was the opposite of "low key".

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Do you honestly think the Broncos care if Tebow gets bent, Gatorfan?.......

Not a Gator fan. Hate the SEC.

I would think they would because if Manning goes to the Ravens or Texans and Tebow leaves then what does that leave you with. Quinn? Kils?

Canmore
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM
The smart teams like the 49ers, Ravens, Cowboys, Texans are going to remain under the radar so that they don't throw their current starting QB under the bus.

I'm not sure how Denver was "low key" with all the media coverage his visit generated. It was the opposite of "low key".

Any team that has contact with Manning is going to be found out. There is no under the radar with Peyton Manning.

Simple Jaded

I would think they would because if Manning goes to the Ravens or Texans and Tebow leaves then what does that leave you with. Quinn? Kils?

Sounds good to me. You make it sound like Tebow has options, he's under contract and can't force the Broncos to do anything they don't already wanna do.......

wayninja

How would Tebow 'leave' exactly? Isn't he under contract?

He doesn't strike me as the hold-out type.

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:47 PM
How would Tebow 'leave' exactly? Isn't he under contract?

He doesn't strike me as the hold-out type.

Force a trade like Jay Cutler did after Josh McDummy tried to bring in Matt Cassell.
Of course I dont' think we could get much for Tebow compared to Cutler. It also impacts other members of the team who believe in Tebow (assuming there are). Just like it pissed off Brandon Marshall and other with the way Cutler-Cassell was handled.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Force a trade like Jay Cutler did after Josh McDummy tried to bring in Matt Cassell.
Of course I dont' think we could get much for Tebow compared to Cutler. It also impacts other members of the team who believe in Tebow (assuming there are). Just like it pissed off Brandon Marshall and other with the way Cutler-Cassell was handled.

Yeah, again, I don't really see that in TT. I could be wrong, but he just doesn't strike me as the type. If a team wants to play him at QB, he's going to play.

weazel
03-11-2012, 10:50 PM

there are so many things wrong with this post I dont know where to begin...

DenBronx

The updated article said Arizona was red carpet and Denver took a laid back casual approach.

weazel
who the **** cares is tebow doesnt play here... he ******* sucks

TimHippo
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
there are so many things wrong with this post I dont know where to begin...

Not surprising coming from someone who jumped on the Josh McDummy bandwagon.

weazel
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Not surprising coming from someone who jumped on the Josh McDummy bandwagon.

lol I did?? okay timhippo... nice nickname, talk about bandwagon LMAO

wayninja
03-11-2012, 10:55 PM

Folks who can see beyond their own personal, petty biases care. So, not you.

weazel
03-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Folks who can see beyond their own personal, petty biases care. So, not you.

ya sorry I think having Manning would be better than Tebow. I can understand how you would think Timmy is better though...

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM

How quickly we forget.....he doesnt suck weazel.

How come some of you guys are either nutty/gaga over Tebow or just plain hate his guts? He doesnt suck...be honest with yourself. Not eye popping numbers but the guys a gamer....he belongs on the field...he WILL get better. Took a sorry 4-12 team...a 1-4 team to the playoffs and won.

wayninja
03-11-2012, 11:03 PM
ya sorry I think having Manning would be better than Tebow. I can understand how you would think Timmy is better though...

When did I say that? I'll be here while you search for that quote.

Since you won't find that, and I still don't think Manning's going to play for Denver, I care if Tebow plays.

Nice flammable strawman you built there.

Krugan
03-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I cant figure it out either.

The extremes with the kid are just insane, im not sure its sad or pathetic, but something is clearly wrong with the way it all goes down. Either side.

topscribe

How come some of you guys are either nutty/gaga over Tebow or just plain hate his guts? He doesnt suck...be honest with yourself. Not eye popping numbers but the guys a gamer....he belongs on the field...he WILL get better. Took a sorry 4-12 team...a 1-4 team to the playoffs and won.

And finished 1-4, and made the playoffs only because a RB for the Bears forgot to stay inbounds, in a game in which the defense held Chicago to 10 points. No, I'm not going to use the word "sucked" in reference to Tebow (I don't like that word in that context, anyway), but I do believe the team took him to the playoffs, not the other way around . . .

Simple Jaded

I don't hate his guts but he pretty much sucks, right now he's the worst passer in the league. Not many QB's that don't suck can say that.......

Krugan
03-11-2012, 11:11 PM
And finished 1-4, and made the playoffs only because a RB for the Bears forgot to stay inbounds, in a game in which the defense had the game won, holding Chicago to 10 points. No, I'm not going to use the word "sucked" in reference to Tebow (I don't like that word in that context, anyway), but I do believe the team took him to the playoffs, not the other way around . . .

A team that started 1-4 too.

So a team that was clearly flawed to begin with, and end with.

Why is it such an extreme with people, good grief the last time we had a good run like this, was before either of the last 2, and that situation turned ugly too.

Maybe the Broncos should jsut suck, then people will stop trying to kill whoever is the QB....

fack me

DenBronx
03-11-2012, 11:12 PM
And finished 1-4, and made the playoffs only because a RB for the Bears forgot to stay inbounds. No, I'm not going to use the word "sucked" in reference to Tebow (I don't like that word in that context, anyway), but I do believe the team took him to the playoffs, not the other way around . . .

We backed in the playoffs. I get that part. Oakland could have won and took our place. I also get that.

But why in the hell didnt McCoy let Tebow throw it earlier in the game? Why make him wait till the 4th quarter then somehow hope he's in rythym? I'm not going to make excuses for sub par play, I'm not but from what I have seen when we do let him air it out, it isn't terrible like some of you paint it.

Out of the 1-4 end to the regular season I was most dissapointed with the KC loss and I feel he was terrible at Buffalo.

weazel
03-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Denver should contact Peyton and tell him to forget it, Timmy is too valuable.

topscribe
03-11-2012, 11:18 PM
We backed in the playoffs. I get that part. Oakland could have won and took our place. I also get that.

But why in the hell didnt McCoy let Tebow throw it earlier in the game? Why make him wait till the 4th quarter then somehow hope he's in rythym? I'm not going to make excuses for sub par play, I'm not but from what I have seen when we do let him air it out, it isn't terrible like some of you paint it.

Out of the 1-4 end to the regular season I was most dissapointed with the KC loss and I feel he was terrible at Buffalo.
But, my friend, it was terrible. Do you think the FO would be shopping so hard for a QB if they really thought Tebow consistently did a good job? No, methinks they would simply add a Henne here or Delhomme there to back him up, and that would be that. They wouldn't be offering Manning the Denver Mint and scouting Weeden so hard as a Plan B. IMHO.

weazel
03-11-2012, 11:20 PM

I was just replying to a post that basically said the the Broncos are wrong to go after Peyton because Tebow doesnt like it. It was absurd so I replied with an off the cuff remark.

weazel
03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
But, my friend, it was terrible. Do you think the FO would be shopping so hard for a QB if they really thought Tebow consistently did a good job? No, methinks they would simply add a Henne here or Delhomme there to back him up, and that would be that. They wouldn't be offering Manning the Denver Mint and scouting Weeden so hard as a Plan B. IMHO.

but top, what do they know?

topscribe
03-11-2012, 11:25 PM
but top, what do they know?

lol I'm not going to get into that, Weaz. This would be a dead board if we didn't have somebody to tangle with over our respective opinions . . . :D

arapaho2
03-11-2012, 11:32 PM
so just that play won us the game...not a td pass to put seven on the board...that had nothing to do with it...its not like cutler played that day right...so holding a bad offense down to 10 with their best player on the bench wasnt a great show of defensive power by anymeans......so this same team that was 4-14 with orton in the past two seasons...just suddenly got better and made the post season...but the only differant player on the team was orton and tebow...but tebow had nothing to do with it...is that about it top?

topscribe
03-11-2012, 11:37 PM
so just that play won us the game...not a td pass to put seven on the board...that had nothing to do with it...its not like cutler played that day right...so holding a bad offense down to 10 with their best player on the bench wasnt a great show of defensive power by anymeans......so this same team that was 4-14 with orton in the past two seasons...just suddenly got better and made the post season...but the only differant player on the team was orton and tebow...but tebow had nothing to do with it...is that about it top?

My question was pretty elementary: What does Orton have to do with this?

I don't think there is a poster on the board who can't see that you just want to argue.

Have a nice day . . . :coffee:

arapaho2
03-12-2012, 12:11 AM
whats orton got to do with it....it proves your full of shit thats what.......your insisting that the team carried tebow to the playoffs...but orton played with the same cast of players, same coaches, so why didnt they carry him?

Simple Jaded
03-12-2012, 12:13 AM
whats orton got to do with it....it proves your full of shit thats what.......your insisting that the team carried tebow to the playoffs...but orton played with the same cast of players, same coaches, so why didnt they carry him?

They didn't carry Orton, l think that's pretty obvious.......

topscribe
03-12-2012, 12:15 AM

Stay classy, Rap.

arapaho2
03-12-2012, 12:20 AM
in other words...you were wrong...

arapaho2
03-12-2012, 12:21 AM
thats the point...if they couldnt carry a well polished vetern qb with a accurate arm that can pass from the pocket....how can top insist they carried tebow?

topscribe
03-12-2012, 12:51 AM
thats the point...if they couldnt carry a well polished vetern qb with a accurate arm that can pass from the pocket....how can top insist they carried tebow?

Yes, Rap, I am avoiding answering that because it will simply fire up another inane Tebow/Orton debate, for which I have no use.

Besides, this is not the place.

The fact is, the offense, of which Tebow was the centerpiece, was inept and weak. The games the Broncos won, with the exceptions of the Raiders, Vikings, and Steelers, were low scoring games. The Broncos won because the defense allowed 15 points or less. They allowed only 10 points against Chicago, which would have been enough to beat the Broncos, had their RB not inexplicably stepped out of bounds. And against KC, they allowed only 7 points, and they still lost.

With last year's defense? Congratulations, Luck is coming to town . . .

Canmore
03-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Yes, Rap, I am avoiding answering that because it will simply fire up another inane Tebow/Orton debate, for which I have no use.

Besides, this is not the place.

The fact is, the offense, of which Tebow was the centerpiece, was inept and weak. The games the Broncos won, with the exceptions of the Raiders, Vikings, and Steelers, were low scoring games. The Broncos won because the defense allowed 15 points or less. They allowed only 10 points against Chicago, which would have been enough to beat the Broncos, had their RB not inexplicably stepped out of bounds. And against KC, they allowed only 7 points, and they still lost.

With last year's defense? Congratulations, Luck is coming to town . . .

With last years defense? Congratulations, Luck is coming to town. . .

I don't follow. ???

topscribe
03-12-2012, 01:10 AM
With last years defense? Congratulations, Luck is coming to town. . .

I don't follow. ???
Had the defense not held the opponents down to such low point totals, the Broncos would have been in a position to draft Luck.

Simple Jaded
03-12-2012, 01:14 AM

Because they did?.......

Canmore
03-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Had the defense not held the opponents down to such low point totals, the Broncos would have been in a position to draft Luck.

I loved last year. It was exciting. As much as I would have loved to have Luck, I wouldn't trade away last year. It was the most fun I have had watching the Broncos in a number of seasons.

topscribe
03-12-2012, 01:24 AM
I loved last year. It was exciting. As much as I would have loved to have Luck, I wouldn't trade away last year. It was the most fun I have had watching the Broncos in a number of seasons.

True. But that wasn't my point. Without that defense, those games they won would have been losses. That was the point I was trying to get across.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 01:27 AM
True. But that wasn't my point. Without that defense, the wins would have been losses. That was the point I was trying to get across.

Yes, the defense played great in the wins and in some of the losses. Most of the wins were a great team effort.

Still, I think Tebow played a major part in the turnaround.

Northman
03-12-2012, 04:01 AM

I agree with most of this but there were times last year that werent as exciting, losing to KC, Buff, and then the blowouts against NE to name a few. It was fun because of the 2 years prior but now we have to come back to reality and have more consistency at winning. Once we have that than the real fun begins.

Canmore
03-12-2012, 04:24 AM
I agree with most of this but there were times last year that weren't as exciting, losing to KC, Buff, and then the blowouts against NE to name a few. It was fun because of the 2 years prior but now we have to come back to reality and have more consistency at winning. Once we have that than the real fun begins.

Agreed. We need more consistency. The blowouts can't happen. We need to be in every game. We need to take our game to the next level, being a serious playoff contender week in and week out. I'm sure that's why EFX wants Manning so badly. They are not sold on Tim taking his game to the level needed to compete week in and week out and especially in the playoffs.

catfish
03-12-2012, 08:25 AM

you realize this defense gave up twice as many 40 point games as any other team in the league, even if you don't count the playoffs? I will say it again, when they played well they played very well, when they played bad there isn't an offense in the league that would have mad a difference

vandammage13
03-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Teebs shouldn't be upset about this (if he really is pissed about it).

It's not like EFX is looking to replace him with Mickey Mouse, or worse, someone like Blaine Gabbert....It's Peyton FREAKING Manning!!!...No shame in being replaced by him.

If Tebow is pissed then I imagine Kevin Kolb is pretty close to suicide right about now.

vandammage13
03-12-2012, 09:08 AM
FYI: Just heard on the radio (As of 10:03 this morning) that Adam Schefter is reporting that the Broncos are now the favorites to land Manning.

I'm still thinking its too good to be true, but I have always respected Schefter, as he normally doesn't report things without having multiple sources.

For what its worth though, he had Miami as the favorites just last week.

catfish
03-12-2012, 09:16 AM

It's not like EFX is looking to replace him with Mickey Mouse, or worse, someone like Blaine Gabbert....It's Peyton FREAKING Manning!!!...No shame in being replaced by him.

If Tebow is pissed then I imagine Kevin Kolb is pretty close to suicide right about now.

I don't blame him if he is a bit pissed(noone likes being replaced), but he needs to get over it quick, the fact that it is Manning should make it easy to get over

BigDaddyBronco
03-12-2012, 09:36 AM

If he is a competitor, you want him to be pissed. From his perspective he is doing everything he can to get better and has had the vote of confidence from EFX. Remember the "Tebow will be the starter going into training camp" bit? So, I'm ok that he is upset and hope it burns in him. I don't see him as the type to let it impact his professionalism or his relationship with the team, so I don't see it as a problem.

Let Tebow use it as motivation to get better in the film room, better mechanics, etc. so he will be ready when he gets a chance again. Let this be our Montana and Steve Young issue in two years.

vandammage13
03-12-2012, 09:44 AM
If he is a competitor, you want him to be pissed. From his perspective he is doing everything he can to get better and has had the vote of confidence from EFX. Remember the "Tebow will be the starter going into training camp" bit? So, I'm ok that he is upset and hope it burns in him. I don't see him as the type to let it impact his professionalism or his relationship with the team, so I don't see it as a problem.

Let Tebow use it as motivation to get better in the film room, better mechanics, etc. so he will be ready when he gets a chance again. Let this be our Montana and Steve Young issue in two years.

I agree...I'm not saying Tebow shouldn't want to be the starter, just that he shouldn't take it personally...Such is life in the NFL and its just part of the business.

Use it as motivation and either:
A-learn what you can from Manning and keep improving where you need work, and show us what you've got once Manning retires in 2 years or gets hurt again..

B-Parlay the situation into a trade to a team like JAX where and keep proving everyone wrong with a FO that is invested in you and a fanbase that will blindly support you 100%....Not a bad consolation to losing your gig with the Broncos.