PDA

View Full Version : Manning Scares Me

Shazam!
03-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Am I the ONLY ONE scared to death at this Manning the Bronco issue??

I'm not going to sit here and tell you all Tim Tebow is a better QB than Peyton Manning because that's lunacy.

HOWEVER -

Tebow took a garbage team, a squad that has been floundering in mediocrity, injected life into it and made it a national phenom. Denver was once again a hot ticket on TV, the hottest since the Championship years, and everywhere I turned, Tebow and the Broncos was a talking point. Tebow bought leadership and inspired the whole team. With an organization starved for a face of the franchise player and QB of the future, you couldn't ask for a better posterboy. Sure, his mechanics need work, but with a full offseason and a year of starting experience, he will get better. Evidenced by the Pittsburgh game, he did make progress. Denver is also a team full of holes, we all hope they can bring in some FAs and have a good Draft to improve the core and build around Tebow...

This is how we reward him? After being declared the starter going into 2012?

Nobody even knows if Manning can return to 2010 form. There are many health risks involved. He's 36, not 29... Tebow can be the leader here for 10+ years.

I get that Manning is a Hall of Famer, and the most coveted FA of all time, but we needed a QB for so long, after the Cutler fiasco did we not learn our lesson? Kyle Orton was never going to be the answer, even McDaniels knew this after one Season. We all knew this, especially in the first game of 2011 when he fumbled a pass when he wasn't even under great pressure in the Oakland opener (sorry Top).

I'm sure Tebow is pissed right now, although I understand he is a professional and a competitor, he must feell this organization isn't committed to him. With or without Manning, if I were him, I'd ask to be traded.

I'd HATE to see Tebow flourish in Miami or Jacksonville and watch him kick the Broncos' asses.

I know most of you will think I'm crazy, but no way Tebow will stay if we acquire Manning. This coiuld really blow up in the Broncos' faces, and now they've put themselves at a crossroads.

I'm not happy about this move at all.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-10-2012, 08:43 AM
am i the only one scared to death at this manning the bronco issue??

probably

Nomad
03-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Go about your business, Manning won't be a BRONCO. I'm not against it but I just don't see Manning in Denver.

claymore
03-10-2012, 09:06 AM
I think we get manning. Even if we dont, I think its pretty clear that Tebow isnt in the long term plans. Might as well root for Manning, cause Tebow might be backing up Barkley next year instead.

The Glue Factory
03-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Cool your jets Shazam. Manning coming to Denver is probably one of the best things that could happen. As you stated, Mannings within the last 5 years of his career while Tebow is just starting his. I have seen no greater on-field general than Manning. Think of what he could teach Tebow, who has not one microgram of ego and will gladly step aside to let Manning be #1 for a couple years. During that time Manning's passing on his mental approach to the game while Elway and QB coach work on his passing skills. If Tebow doesn't improve sufficiently over that time he's traded or cut and we look for our next starting QB. If Tebow does improve enough think of the opportunity for him to learn from TWO of the greatest QBs to ever play the game! The only risk here is that Manning agrivates his neck injury.

SR
03-10-2012, 09:10 AM
I think anyone who isn't at least a little bit nervous is probably a little bit dumb. Manning had four surgeries to fix his neck and he's been off for a whole year. That's reason to be concerned, but not "scared to death". This is, after all, Peyton Manning we are talking about.

Traveler
03-10-2012, 09:16 AM
I think anyone who isn't at least a little bit nervous is probably a little bit dumb. Manning had four surgeries to fix his neck and he's been off for a whole year. That's reason to be concerned, but not "scared to death". This is, after all, Peyton Manning we are talking about.

I'd feel much more comfortable if we knew how well he's progressing throwing the ball. Also, the team would be negligent if they don't protect themselves contract wise if Manning does sign with us.

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 09:20 AM

The only reason I'm nervous is that this is all for nought.

MasterShake
03-10-2012, 09:21 AM
I get where you are coming from, and I keep going back and forth in my mind on it too. First of all I like Tebow a lot, he gave us one of the best seasons in recent memory and took out the Steelers in a playoff game. On the other hand he lost 4 of his last 5 and when we would lose we would lose BAD. Aside from the Steelers, all the teams had us figured out pretty easily. I think the low point of the season for me was the final game against Kansas City. Everything to play for and we couldn't manage one good drive.

Here is the way I look at it. If we don't get Manning, great. Tebow gets another shot at proving he can be a serviceable passer and if he can that will make him a very good QB with a unique skill set. We can keep working on the draft to build a young team that plays to Tebow's strengths but also compensates for his weaknesses. In this scenario I think we have exciting wins, maybe slightly worse losses, and a good chance to make the playoffs every year. In my mind though we aren't close to having Tebow ready to be a deep playoff threat for 2-3 years as we build that team.

With Manning (and ALL of this is assuming he is at optimal health after his surgery) we get a great QB that makes us an instant threat. We could actually attract good Free Agents (I'm sure all the Colts that were just dropped noticed how much cap space we have). However in this scenario I don't want us to keep Tebow. Not because I don't like him, but because I do. I'd love to somehow send him to Jacksonville or another team that can focus on letting him be a starting QB AND build a team around him. Its clear with the move this team is making for Manning that they want to win championships sooner than later, and though Tebow has all the potential in the world he is still a risk and an unproven passer. Even I have my doubts about how long his style of play can work.

So basically if no Manning, then great. Tebow intrigues me enough that I want to see more but I think its at the expense of being a legitimate team to be reckoned with come playoff time. Manning is an upgrade that gives us a 3-5 year window to get another shot at a Super Bowl instead of a rebuilding period. No matter what happens, I am going to follow Tebow's career and I will never dislike the guy like I do Cutler or other former Denver QB's. The only thing I ask is that Tebow gets to flourish or flush somewhere else, he's earned at least that.

And though I would miss Tebow, I would not miss the circus that comes with him. I just gotta be honest.

Nomad
03-10-2012, 09:26 AM
I get where you are coming from, and I keep going back and forth in my mind on it too. First of all I like Tebow a lot, he gave us one of the best seasons in recent memory and took out the Steelers in a playoff game. On the other hand he lost 4 of his last 5 and when we would lose we would lose BAD. Aside from the Steelers, all the teams had us figured out pretty easily. I think the low point of the season for me was the final game against Kansas City. Everything to play for and we couldn't manage one good drive.

Here is the way I look at it. If we don't get Manning, great. Tebow gets another shot at proving he can be a serviceable passer and if he can that will make him a very good QB with a unique skill set. We can keep working on the draft to build a young team that plays to Tebow's strengths but also compensates for his weaknesses. In this scenario I think we have exciting wins, maybe slightly worse losses, and a good chance to make the playoffs every year. In my mind though we aren't close to having Tebow ready to be a deep playoff threat for 2-3 years as we build that team.

With Manning (and ALL of this is assuming he is at optimal health after his surgery) we get a great QB that makes us an instant threat. We could actually attract good Free Agents (I'm sure all the Colts that were just dropped noticed how much cap space we have). However in this scenario I don't want us to keep Tebow. Not because I don't like him, but because I do. I'd love to somehow send him to Jacksonville or another team that can focus on letting him be a starting QB AND build a team around him. Its clear with the move this team is making for Manning that they want to win championships sooner than later, and though Tebow has all the potential in the world he is still a risk and an unproven passer. Even I have my doubts about how long his style of play can work.

So basically if no Manning, then great. Tebow intrigues me enough that I want to see more but I think its at the expense of being a legitimate team to be reckoned with come playoff time. Manning is an upgrade that gives us a 3-5 year window to get another shot at a Super Bowl instead of a rebuilding period. No matter what happens, I am going to follow Tebow's career and I will never dislike the guy like I do Cutler or other former Denver QB's. The only thing I ask is that Tebow gets to flourish or flush somewhere else, he's earned at least that.

And though I would miss Tebow, I would not miss the circus that comes with him. I just gotta be honest.

Have you been sitting in on meetings at Dove Valley?:D

MasterShake
03-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Have you been sitting in on meetings at Dove Valley?:D

I wish...

Nomad
03-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I hope BRONCOS fans haven't turned out ghey like Fin fans have over Manning :shocked:......oh wait, some have with Tebow!:lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/miami-dolphins-fans-peyton-manning-song_n_1336307.html?ref=sports&ir=Sports

SmilinAssasSin27
03-10-2012, 09:47 AM
I hope BRONCOS fans haven't turned out ghey like Fin fans have over Manning :shocked:......oh wait, some have with Tebow!:lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/miami-dolphins-fans-peyton-manning-song_n_1336307.html?ref=sports&ir=Sports

That was FANTASTIC! Mad props to that guy.

Thnikkaman
03-10-2012, 10:36 AM

I'm not going to sit here and tell you all Tim Tebow is a better QB than Peyton Manning because that's lunacy.

HOWEVER -

I totally agree with you. I do not want Manning in Denver. He should just retire.

catfish
03-10-2012, 10:40 AM
nothing to be worried about, even at the worst case it can't set the team back more than 3-4 years

Shazam!
03-10-2012, 10:53 AM
I dont want to be set back another 3 or 4 years, we were already in 2009 when we pushed our last QB out of town.

I'm weary of all the changes and the revolving doors with no solid foundation in Denver.

We finally reached the Playoffs after so many years and had something to build on for a change, now we're ready t omake a gamble like this? And it's a HUGE gamble.

Tebow must be pissed, and I don't want to see him go. As quick as he was supported for changing things here, it's like a pile of fans and the entire organization has turned their backs on him and ready to ship him elsewhere.

If we DON'T get Manning, the damage may already be done.

I can't believe this is happening...

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 10:55 AM
LOL at Manning "setting the franchise back."

CoachChaz
03-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Im not sure what else this organization needs to do to prove they do not want Tebow long term. Sure...they say the right things, but all the actions indicate otherwise.

If they land Manning, they'll draft his heir next year and the Tebow Experiment will end. In Denver anyway. Whether its Manning now or one of the young guys in the next draft, Tebows days are numbered.

If he doesnt turn into an elite QB almost overnight...his fate is sealed

Nomad
03-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I hope you're not over 40, Shazam, or have a weak heart. You may want to take a Bayer aspirin.:lol: Things will be fine.

catfish
LOL at Manning "setting the franchise back."

worst case would be he signs a guaranteed contract and ends his career injured after one game....explain how that wouldn't be a set back. He is coming off a year where he didn't play at all.

PAINTERDAVE
It would be a huge gamble.

Reshape the whole team around PM...
no much needed development for any other QB...

Peyton goes down in week one with a glass neck injury.. done for good..

Broncos are set back to 2011.

It is a huge gamble to let Peyton find out if he can still withstand the hits.

Like buying a lottery ticket.

Last year we signed Ty Warren.. we were all excited..
he got 6 million... then BAM. he is out for a year.

I have a strong feeling that the same thing would happen.

I was all accepting that we would build through the draft
with young, healthy guys..

now this..

I have a bad feeling.

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 11:01 AM
worst case would be he signs a guaranteed contract and ends his career injured after one game....explain how that wouldn't be a set back. He is coming off a year where he didn't play at all.

What are you worried about? In that case Tebow plays the entire season anyway. And if he doesn't succeed, QBOF in the 2013 draft (which is likely to happen anyway).

The cap floor in 2013 is higher than any payroll the Broncos have had ever, so it's not like they couldn't field a competitive team even with Manning's salary on the books. And if he does retire, I believe some of it is deferred anyway.

chazoe60
03-10-2012, 11:03 AM

I was going to write a several paragraph, well reasoned, and well written post explaining exactly how I felt, then I saw that MasterShake went ahead and did it for me.

Thanks for saving me the time buddy.

catfish
03-10-2012, 11:13 AM
What are you worried about? In that case Tebow plays the entire season anyway. And if he doesn't succeed, QBOF in the 2013 draft (which is likely to happen anyway).

The cap floor in 2013 is higher than any payroll the Broncos have had ever, so it's not like they couldn't field a competitive team even with Manning's salary on the books. And if he does retire, I believe some of it is deferred anyway.

I'm not worried at all, I think it will be a win-win for Tebow, he either takes up when Manning gets hurt, gets a few years to work on his game no pressure or gets traded to a team with lower expectations at QB. My concern is for Denver's future, looking at 18-20 mil per year on what I would think is a 2 year minimum contract. Like I said worst case he gets hurt, also bad would be he never recovers from surgery(he isn't at 100% now) and takes the team to 3 years of 8 win seasons. This could actually be worse than the prior because you would miss out on draft pick and spend the money for mediocrity. Of course he could be 100% and have you in the playoff for the next three years too, it is a gamble

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm not worried at all, I think it will be a win-win for Tebow, he either takes up when Manning gets hurt, gets a few years to work on his game no pressure or gets traded to a team with lower expectations at QB. My concern is for Denver's future, looking at 18-20 mil per year on what I would think is a 2 year minimum contract. Like I said worst case he gets hurt, also bad would be he never recovers from surgery(he isn't at 100% now) and takes the team to 3 years of 8 win seasons. This could actually be worse than the prior because you would miss out on draft pick and spend the money for mediocrity. Of course he could be 100% and have you in the playoff for the next three years too, it is a gamble

Which is the bigger gamble. Taking a chance on one of the greats or taking a chance on a player who doesn't have the skill set to play the position of quarterback?

Either direction is a chance. In my opinion, taking the Manning chance is less risky than the Tebow chance. You know Manning has the skills to play the position at a high level. You don't know if Tebow does, or will in the future.

Shazam!
03-10-2012, 11:18 AM
TT is the ONLY things that has kept the broncos relevant. To lose him would be devastating.

catfish
03-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Which is the bigger gamble. Taking a chance on one of the greats or taking a chance on a player who doesn't have the skill set to play the position of quarterback?

Either direction is a chance. In my opinion, taking the Manning chance is less risky than the Tebow chance. You know Manning has the skills to play the position at a high level. You don't know if Tebow does, or will in the future.

like there aren't a bunch of other options. It is either Tebow or Manning or nothing. There are plenty of FA guys who could come in, or you could play Tebow for a year and if he sucks get Barkley, or you could get Weeden or Osweiler

dodgingbulletsoncolfax
03-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Greetings all. Newbie here. I just dont get how Tebow is a remote concern to anyone wanting to win. Get him out of here. Yes, he won some games last year. Wont happen again. I applaud Elway and crew for chasing Manning, its what sane teams would do. If Tebow and his crazed fans dont like it, tough, go play dollies or something.

EastCoastBronco
03-10-2012, 11:23 AM
If I was Tebow, I'd be pulling a Jay Cutler right now.
Why in the **** would anyone want to play for a team that doesn't want them?
I hate to say it but we should trade the kid and cut ties...

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 11:23 AM
like there aren't a bunch of other options. It is either Tebow or Manning or nothing. There are plenty of FA guys who could come in, or you could play Tebow for a year and if he sucks get Barkley, or you could get Weeden or Osweiler

Where did I say they couldn't go in a different direction? I was comparing the two likely scenarios in front of them at this moment. Comparing the quarterback they covet and the quarterback on the roster. I think it's pretty logical to discuss those two options side by side at this moment.

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 11:25 AM
TT is the ONLY things that has kept the broncos relevant. To lose him would be devastating.

:rolleyes:

chazoe60
03-10-2012, 11:30 AM
If we swing and miss on Manning I just hope we give Tebow this season. My fear would be wasting a first round draft pick on the close to retirement rookie and giving up on Tebow for him. Not a big Weeden fan.

To the people thinking Tebow should demand a trade or be all pissy over this, give it up. It's not like we're desperately trying to land a mediocre FA, it's Peyton Freaking Manning. Tebow's a big boy, he may be rubbed a little the wrong way but he'll come in and compete like a grown up if we get Manning or not.

Nomad
03-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Only if Elway would call Manning the GOAT, he'd be signed by now.:lol: I wonder what Franky T thinks.

chazoe60
03-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Only if Elway would call Manning the GOAT, he'd be signed by now.:lol: I wonder what Franky T thinks.

Maybe Manning and John got in a big pissing match last night. Elway just keeps saying "two to one bitch! Now cut THAT meat!"

turftoad
03-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Shaz, I think you are WAY over reacting. What about the "D"? They weren't relevant. Losing Tebow is and wouldn't be the end of the world. Matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He's a great person no doubt but he's not an elite QB by any means.

Nomad
03-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Maybe Manning and John got in a big pissing match last night. Elway just keeps saying "two to one bitch! Now cut THAT meat!"

I wonder if they tried to get Manning liquored up.

chazoe60
03-10-2012, 11:42 AM
I wonder if they tried to get Manning liquored up.

What do you suppose Manning drinks? Mojitos?

tomjonesrocks
03-10-2012, 11:49 AM
For the reasons you stated I hope that if Denver scores Manning they don't immediately trade Tebow.

For one thing, his value might actually rise while on the bench in Denver as Palmer's did. Also if for any reason something happens to Manning where he can't go you have Tebow with Manning in the film room. Only risk in that scenario I see is to Bowlen's pocketbook.

Lastly, I still would love to see Denver try out Tebow at TE if he's not going to play QB this year for the Broncos.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2012, 12:06 PM

HOWEVER -

Tebow took a garbage team, a squad that has been floundering in mediocrity, injected life into it and made it a national phenom. Denver was once again a hot ticket on TV, the hottest since the Championship years, and everywhere I turned, Tebow and the Broncos was a talking point. Tebow bought leadership and inspired the whole team. With an organization starved for a face of the franchise player and QB of the future, you couldn't ask for a better posterboy. Sure, his mechanics need work, but with a full offseason and a year of starting experience, he will get better. Evidenced by the Pittsburgh game, he did make progress. Denver is also a team full of holes, we all hope they can bring in some FAs and have a good Draft to improve the core and build around Tebow...

This is how we reward him? After being declared the starter going into 2012?

Nobody even knows if Manning can return to 2010 form. There are many health risks involved. He's 36, not 29... Tebow can be the leader here for 10+ years.

I get that Manning is a Hall of Famer, and the most coveted FA of all time, but we needed a QB for so long, after the Cutler fiasco did we not learn our lesson? Kyle Orton was never going to be the answer, even McDaniels knew this after one Season. We all knew this, especially in the first game of 2011 when he fumbled a pass when he wasn't even under great pressure in the Oakland opener (sorry Top).

I'm sure Tebow is pissed right now, although I understand he is a professional and a competitor, he must feell this organization isn't committed to him. With or without Manning, if I were him, I'd ask to be traded.

I'd HATE to see Tebow flourish in Miami or Jacksonville and watch him kick the Broncos' asses.

I know most of you will think I'm crazy, but no way Tebow will stay if we acquire Manning. This coiuld really blow up in the Broncos' faces, and now they've put themselves at a crossroads.

I'm not happy about this move at all.

I totally agree. No one will convince me that Irsay is STUPID enough to let "The Peyton Manning" go, if Irsay felt he physically was still "the man". And no way Irsay would WANT to start all over - get rid of Manning, and other veterans, if he felt Manning would be "The Manning" for a couple more years - would be there to mentor Luck.

And, out of the 3 teams being reported to be at the top of Manning's list - Denver is by far the farthest from what Manning is used to - no dome, chance of playing in snow, or cold weather, on a consistent basis, etc.

One article I read this morning stated that Manning may just be using the Broncos as a starting point, to see what other teams would offer, compared to the Broncos.

And there is the chance that one hit could put Manning out - then what if Tebow has been traded - ONCE AGAIN - START ALL OVER??????

broncobryce
03-10-2012, 12:19 PM
I totally agree. No one will convince me that Irsay is STUPID enough to let "The Peyton Manning" go, if Irsay felt he physically was still "the man". And no way Irsay would WANT to start all over - get rid of Manning, and other veterans, if he felt Manning would be "The Manning" for a couple more years - would be there to mentor Luck.

And, out of the 3 teams being reported to be at the top of Manning's list - Denver is by far the farthest from what Manning is used to - no dome, chance of playing in snow, or cold weather, on a consistent basis, etc.

One article I read this morning stated that Manning may just be using the Broncos as a starting point, to see what other teams would offer, compared to the Broncos.

And there is the chance that one hit could put Manning out - then what if Tebow has been traded - ONCE AGAIN - START ALL OVER??????

This. I don't believe he's coming here, I think he scheduled us first for a reason. He knows Denver has tons of cap room and can use us to drive his price up for Arizona or Miami.
Oh well, we'll see what happens.

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 12:21 PM

I'm pretty nervous about the situation myself.

Reports today are that Manning hasnt reginerated his arm strength. That could take years.

catfish
03-10-2012, 12:22 PM
If we swing and miss on Manning I just hope we give Tebow this season. My fear would be wasting a first round draft pick on the close to retirement rookie and giving up on Tebow for him. Not a big Weeden fan.

To the people thinking Tebow should demand a trade or be all pissy over this, give it up. It's not like we're desperately trying to land a mediocre FA, it's Peyton Freaking Manning. Tebow's a big boy, he may be rubbed a little the wrong way but he'll come in and compete like a grown up if we get Manning or not.

My bet would be that he is more pissy about the Weeden thing than the Manning thing, besides I think he is in FL right now so not likely local media has any clue what he is thinking

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 12:34 PM
My bet would be that he is more pissy about the Weeden thing than the Manning thing, besides I think he is in FL right now so not likely local media has any clue what he is thinking

He's at a training academy that he owns and has declined to speak with Tampa media.

Robbie Tebow is apparently talking to Spano.

jhildebrand
03-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Denver is also a team full of holes, we all hope they can bring in some FAs and have a good Draft

This is my problem with the Manning scenario. My fear is the cost of Manning. It could become so great a cost that we get him here but are too strapped to make the moves this team needs to make to be legitimate contenders for the Super Bowl. This team has a ton of holes. It is hard to tell whether we have more holes than Indy. After all, Manning appeared to be worth 8 wins alone in Indy. I also wouldn't want to make this deal and it be good for one season maybe two and then we are back at ground zero.

I feel like we paid our dues. We got through the bad debt and the doldrum years that were the final portion of the Shanahan era. We got through the hurricane that was McDaniels. We are young and pretty good. Tebow takes all the spotlight which allows other players to grow and flourish without the pressure because it is all on Tebow. I want to see what Tebow can do this year. If he shows enough improvement give it another year.

I guess this just smacks of the end of the Shanny era. Making a run at an over the hill FA that helps but not enough and leaves us strapped.

if I were him, I'd ask to be traded.

I sincerely hope Tebow doesn't ask to be traded. I would understand if he does. However, this could be the most IDEAL situation for him whether he stays here or not. He gets to learn how a pocket surgeon works AND how he watches film AND how he prepares every week AND STILL gets to (presumably) work with Elway a mobile QB like himself.

hamrob
03-10-2012, 12:38 PM
O.k., I'm a huge Tebow fan. I would like to see us continue to develop him.

I'm also a huge Manning fan, and have been since his college days. I would love to see him finish his career in Denver. With Manning we go to the playoffs next year wiht a next to impossible schedule. With Tebow we win 6-8 games next year.

Here's the thing that I don't think is getting much air time: Denver will need to spend $25m/yr for Manning. If they are willing to spend that coin on Manning, why won't they spend it on other holes to support Tebow? With that type of doe, we could sign guys like the eagles did last year (Mario Williams, Jason Jones, Dan Conner, Brandon Carr, Carlos Rogers, Carl Nicks, etc.).

If they're willing to break the bank to get Manning...why won't they do it without Manning?

Would you rather have Manning at 35yrs old and a broke neck, OR
Tebow at 25yrs old along with Mario Williams, Dan Conner, Brandon Carr, and Carl Nicks?

That's the reality of this discussion. I'll support whatever happens....but, I'm not sold, that simply signing Manning is the best thing for the Broncos.

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm perplexed by this idea that if we don't sign Manning we somehow will sign the other top four free agents on the market. Honestly, that's kind of absurd.

Manning is within reach. I'd say the only one of those four free agents mentioned in the previous post that is really an option for Denver is Connor.

Traveler
03-10-2012, 01:16 PM
O.k., I'm a huge Tebow fan. I would like to see us continue to develop him.

I'm also a huge Manning fan, and have been since his college days. I would love to see him finish his career in Denver. With Manning we go to the playoffs next year wiht a next to impossible schedule. With Tebow we win 6-8 games next year.

Here's the thing that I don't think is getting much air time: Denver will need to spend $25m/yr for Manning. If they are willing to spend that coin on Manning, why won't they spend it on other holes to support Tebow? With that type of doe, we could sign guys like the eagles did last year (Mario Williams, Jason Jones, Dan Conner, Brandon Carr, Carlos Rogers, Carl Nicks, etc.).

If they're willing to break the bank to get Manning...why won't they do it without Manning?

Would you rather have Manning at 35yrs old and a broke neck, OR
Tebow at 25yrs old along with Mario Williams, Dan Conner, Brandon Carr, and Carl Nicks?

That's the reality of this discussion. I'll support whatever happens....but, I'm not sold, that simply signing Manning is the best thing for the Broncos.

My thoughts exactly!

bcbronc
03-10-2012, 01:42 PM
This. I don't believe he's coming here, I think he scheduled us first for a reason. He knows Denver has tons of cap room and can use us to drive his price up for Arizona or Miami.
Oh well, we'll see what happens.

I really don't think Manning is in a position where he needs to drive his price up. Pretty sure he's going to be able to name his number (and probably his OC).

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2012, 02:03 PM
From article - in regards to deal made by Washington:

This blockbuster deal's domino effect will further invigorate the chase of Manning -- Denver, Arizona and Kansas City are front-runners, with Miami in the mix.

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82781141/article/ramsredskins-trade-impacts-more-than-just-teams-involved?module=HP11_cp

Interesting that Wyche states that Miami is in the mix, and not one of the front-runners.

PAINTERDAVE
03-10-2012, 02:09 PM
What are you worried about? In that case (Manning injured in game one)Tebow plays the entire season anyway. And if he doesn't succeed, QBOF in the 2013 draft (which is likely to happen anyway).

Yeah, except for it is one more year where tebow gets no training camp/scheme dedicated to his skill set.
That would once agin not allow a true assesment of his abilities to develop....
But of course that is what the TT detractors would like anyway.
"Dont even give the kid a fair chance.. just get rid of him.."

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah, except for it is one more year where tebow gets no training camp/scheme dedicated to his skill set.

An assessment for fans, yes. The team? Probably not.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-10-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm perplexed by this idea that if we don't sign Manning we somehow will sign the other top four free agents on the market. Honestly, that's kind of absurd.

Manning is within reach. I'd say the only one of those four free agents mentioned in the previous post that is really an option for Denver is Connor.

If you consider Peyton & Reggie a package deal then that's 23-30 mil and Broncos & Jags are about the only Afc teams that can afford that.

The Broncos could really make a splash in FA not by those listed FA's but by stealing Demetrius Bell. Broncos are the only team that could afford Peyton, Reggie, & Bell... Might be tight resigning Bunkley...

Roll the dice with Dawk for another year and grab Cox & best avail CB in the draft - then go to war with the Pats next year.

SR
03-10-2012, 02:25 PM
What do you suppose Manning drinks? Mojitos?

I picture him drinking a big mug of cask IPA.

turftoad
03-10-2012, 02:28 PM

[/B]

OK, Irsay is not STUPID. He knows he's in a rebuild mode. Not only is Manning gone but..... Addia, Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, Gary Bracket, Curtis Painter were also shown the door. Freeney is on the trade block. Those are some pretty damn good players.
The Colts have the #1 overall pick in the draft. Luck is arguably the best QB to come out of college in many, many years. The Colts have the luxury of taking him with the first and have him be thier next Payton Manning for the next 14yrs. You don't sit the #1 overall pick on the bench behind anyone to be mentored.
If healthy, Manning has 2-3 productive more years. If I were Irsay, I would have done the same thing for the future of my franchise.
Irsay said himself that the Colts were in a rebuild mode and allowed Manning to leave so he could persue a championship and not be in a rebuilding proccess.

Dzone
03-10-2012, 02:38 PM
If Tebow has a better 2012 season than Manning, we will all be saying thank God we didnt get Manning. Theres a good chance of that

Thnikkaman
03-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm not worried about Tim Tebow through this. He's going to be himself weather he stays or is traded. I just don't want to be the team that had Montana after he finished with the 49ers. Or to be the Rams with Joe Namath.

History repeating itself ... again.

broncobryce
03-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I really don't think Manning is in a position where he needs to drive his price up. Pretty sure he's going to be able to name his number (and probably his OC).

Negotiations always happen in contract talks.

Shazam!
03-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I believe that just bringing Peyton in here hurt the Broncos.

If this was 1 or 2 years ago, no problem.

But now??

We lost Cutler for inquiring about a QB not nearly on the caliber of Manning but maybe TEBOW.

How could Tebow NOT be pissed off?

The Broncos have become the dysfunctional team from !@#$ing hell. Every year it seems like it's !@#$ing something and I am getting sick of it.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 03:11 PM
My biggest problem with the Manning thing is that we don't even know where he is health-wise. He will get top dollar and we don't even know whether he can throw the damned football or not. As a FA, we can put him through a physical and a workout, but I'd be willing to bet that the team that does sign him will do so without verifying his health for fear of "offending the Great Manning".

Manning is one of the biggest cases of buyer beware I've ever seen. He could completely change a franchise for the better and make them an instant playoff contender, or he could never lace up his cleats again if he doesn't recover properly. Normally in this case, an incentive-laden deal would be in order but Peyton won't accept that and the team that signs him will take him at his word that he'll be ready to play by September. The potential for giving this guy $20 million dollars (which is what he'll expect to be paid), which is roughly half our cap room, scares the bejesus out of me. Sure, if we knew he was fully recovered and was the same guy he was in 2010, I'd be cool with signing him. Right now, I'm extremely wary. This stinks of Dewayne Robertson only 4 times as expensive... :s:

If we also release/trade Tebow we could really be shooting ourselves in the foot. He's the most popular Bronco since the Duke himself. The dude puts butts in the seats and isn't costing much. I am really looking forward to him being a Bronco for the long term, but if Manning who will be a 1-3 year rental at best, causes the FO to get rid of him, I think we'll regret it for a looooooooooooong time...

bcbronc
03-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Negotiations always happen in contract talks.You really think there's a chance that Manning is going to decide he wants to go to Team X but then can't reach agreement on a contract? You really think a couple of mil are going to make a difference in this situation. If Manning decides ARI is the best fit for him, how much dough Denver could/would give him isn't going to make much of a difference. I just don't see $$$ being a big influence on where Manning ends up...he's going to get paid no matter what.
This stinks of Dewayne Robertson only 4 times as expensive... :s:Wait, Peyton Manning is the Dewayne Robertson of QBs now? I mean I'm not even that big a Peytato Head fan (Brady >> Manning imo) but c'mon. :lol:

turftoad
03-10-2012, 03:30 PM
My biggest problem with the Manning thing is that we don't even know where he is health-wise. He will get top dollar and we don't even know whether he can throw the damned football or not. As a FA, we can put him through a physical and a workout, but I'd be willing to bet that the team that does sign him will do so without verifying his health for fear of "offending the Great Manning".

Manning is one of the biggest cases of buyer beware I've ever seen. He could completely change a franchise for the better and make them an instant playoff contender, or he could never lace up his cleats again if he doesn't recover properly. Normally in this case, an incentive-laden deal would be in order but Peyton won't accept that and the team that signs him will take him at his word that he'll be ready to play by September. The potential for giving this guy $20 million dollars (which is what he'll expect to be paid), which is roughly half our cap room, scares the bejesus out of me. Sure, if we knew he was fully recovered and was the same guy he was in 2010, I'd be cool with signing him. Right now, I'm extremely wary. This stinks of Dewayne Robertson only 4 times as expensive... :s:

If we also release/trade Tebow we could really be shooting ourselves in the foot. He's the most popular Bronco since the Duke himself. The dude puts butts in the seats and isn't costing much. I am really looking forward to him being a Bronco for the long term, but if Manning who will be a 1-3 year rental at best, causes the FO to get rid of him, I think we'll regret it for a looooooooooooong time...

The Broncos have NEVER had a problem with putting butts in the seats. Also, Tebows popularity means nothing to me. He's not even the future of this team IMO. So ... if he's gone it's not a setback because we will be getting a new QB anyway.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 03:41 PM
You really think there's a chance that Manning is going to decide he wants to go to Team X but then can't reach agreement on a contract? You really think a couple of mil are going to make a difference in this situation. If Manning decides ARI is the best fit for him, how much dough Denver could/would give him isn't going to make much of a difference. I just don't see $$$ being a big influence on where Manning ends up...he's going to get paid no matter what. Wait, Peyton Manning is the Dewayne Robertson of QBs now? I mean I'm not even that big a Peytato Head fan (Brady >> Manning imo) but c'mon. :lol:

In injury terms only, yes. Remember when Shanahan signed Robertson to a multi-million dollar deal even though it was common knowledge that he had a degenerative knee condition? Manning has a chronic neck condition that isn't going to magically get better. He is/was a great QB, but his time is coming to a close. I almost see this like when we signed Jerry Rice at the end of his career... the difference being that we didn't give Rice an ass-load of $$$ without knowing for sure if he could still play.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 03:49 PM
The Broncos have NEVER had a problem with putting butts in the seats. Also, Tebows popularity means nothing to me. He's not even the future of this team IMO. So ... if he's gone it's not a setback because we will be getting a new QB anyway.

You think so? I remember back in late 2010 before Tebow got his first start that the stands looked relatively empty (compared to the norm - at least it looked that way on TV and from what other posters here said, there were between 5,000 and 10,000 empty seats) and the people that were there didn't do much other than boo. I'm not saying we didn't sell those games out, but the more often than not empty seats start lending themselves to the end of sell-outs.

Manning would keep the fans around (if he's healthy and playing), but when he retires, what then? Draft another QB that we hope is the future? Scour the FA wire for more Kyle Orton-esque gems? What happens when Manning needs another neck surgery 3 games into the season because Franklin allowed him to get blown up and Tebow has been traded away? We go 0-fer and hope to get the #1 overall pick and land Barkley next year? I don't think it's a good plan is all I'm saying.

claymore
03-10-2012, 05:12 PM

If we can get rid of Tebo this year it puts us ahead of schedule. We need to get stud buffalo to sit behind Manning next year.

LTC Pain
03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Boo!. Does that scare you too?

Northman
03-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Yea, your crazy. I dont see him flourishing here or anywhere else.

Northman
03-10-2012, 05:24 PM

I would say end thread but it wouldnt stop the incessant whining.

sneakers
03-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Peyton Manning has old balls.

Broncos Mtnman
03-10-2012, 06:39 PM
He's going to be himself weather he stays or is traded.

That's part of the problem.

I just don't want to be the team that had Montana after he finished with the 49ers.

You do know that he took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game in his first season, don't you? I would GLADLY take that with Manning.

History repeating itself ... again.

I sure hope so.

:coffee:

slim
03-10-2012, 06:41 PM
That's part of the problem.

You do know that he took the Cheifs to the AFC Championship game in his first season, don't you? I would GLADLY take that with Manning.

I sure hope so.

:coffee:

You would GLADLY take that with Manning, yet you scoff at a playoff win with Tebow.

That is awesome.

Broncos Mtnman
03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
To lose him would be devastating.

:rofl:

bcbronc
03-10-2012, 06:51 PM
In injury terms only, yes. Remember when Shanahan signed Robertson to a multi-million dollar deal even though it was common knowledge that he had a degenerative knee condition? Manning has a chronic neck condition that isn't going to magically get better. He is/was a great QB, but his time is coming to a close. I almost see this like when we signed Jerry Rice at the end of his career... the difference being that we didn't give Rice an ass-load of $$$ without knowing for sure if he could still play.

The difference in reward sours the comparison though. If DR worked out, he gave us a solid DT for a weak defense. If Manning gets anywhere near healthy again (and recent reports say he's getting strength back) then we win the division in a cake walk probably and the AFC is wide open right now on paper. Yeah, might cost some money and cap space, but the money is the cost of doing business, and I'd expect the contract to be structured to keep the cap risk in the first year or two.

Manning would keep the fans around (if he's healthy and playing), but when he retires, what then? Draft another QB that we hope is the future? Scour the FA wire for more Kyle Orton-esque gems? What happens when Manning needs another neck surgery 3 games into the season because Franklin allowed him to get blown up and Tebow has been traded away? We go 0-fer and hope to get the #1 overall pick and land Barkley next year? I don't think it's a good plan is all I'm saying.

If Manning is healthy and can give us 2-3 years, you use that time to develop his replacement. Hypothetically, sign Manning, deal Tebow for a 3rd round pick and use that pick to take the best QB on the board. If Manning gets rehurt and can't play, ya you lose some games use your high 1st on a QB and let your two recent draft picks compete to be the future guy. Considering the upside, it's worth the risk.

Broncos Mtnman
03-10-2012, 06:58 PM
You would GLADLY take that with Manning, yet you scoff at a playoff win with Tebow.

That is awesome.

Yeah, his 3 game losing streak to end the season along with Oakland losing their last game to allow us to play that game was pretty impressive.

broncobryce
03-10-2012, 08:19 PM
You really think there's a chance that Manning is going to decide he wants to go to Team X but then can't reach agreement on a contract? You really think a couple of mil are going to make a difference in this situation. If Manning decides ARI is the best fit for him, how much dough Denver could/would give him isn't going to make much of a difference. I just don't see $$$ being a big influence on where Manning ends up...he's going to get paid no matter what.

It will make a difference in the negotiations. The same reason Harbaugh talked to Miami to get them to offer him major cash, then went back to San Fran and said "They are offering me X..." and making San Fran up the ante.

Agents do this all the time, it's standard procedure.

He's not going to the highest bidder but he'll use the highest bidder to get the most money where he really wants to go.

broncobryce
03-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah, his 3 game losing streak to end the season along with Oakland losing their last game to allow us to play that game was pretty impressive.

Then what happened?

Northman
03-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Then what happened?

He went 9 for 26 vs one of the worst defenses in the league.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-10-2012, 08:40 PM
The difference in reward sours the comparison though. If DR worked out, he gave us a solid DT for a weak defense. If Manning gets anywhere near healthy again (and recent reports say he's getting strength back) then we win the division in a cake walk probably and the AFC is wide open right now on paper. Yeah, might cost some money and cap space, but the money is the cost of doing business, and I'd expect the contract to be structured to keep the cap risk in the first year or two.

Cake Walk? So, who in our division is a pushover? The Raiders who can run the ball on anyone and now have a coach who knows exactly what our defensive weaknesses are? The Chargers who can pass the ball on anyone (and have a winning record vs Peyton already)? Or the Chiefs who under Crennell made Aaron Rodgers look like anything but the league MVP? Make no mistake, this isn't a "shit" division. The records speak for themselves. One team under .500 by one game and the other three at .500 screams parity.

If Manning is healthy and can give us 2-3 years, you use that time to develop his replacement. Hypothetically, sign Manning, deal Tebow for a 3rd round pick and use that pick to take the best QB on the board. If Manning gets rehurt and can't play, ya you lose some games use your high 1st on a QB and let your two recent draft picks compete to be the future guy. Considering the upside, it's worth the risk.

It's worth the risk? What if Manning never suits up but we just handed him 20 million? That much jack will buy our defense and offense a lot of help. Then you're talking about the draft again, another HUGE crapshoot. How many QBs that look great on paper and at the combine wash out every year? It happens all the damned time. Wasn't Andrew Luck supposed to be the greatest thing since John Elway (all I've heard about for the last 3 years)? If so, why is the sports world all of a sudden split almost 50/50 on who is actually better, him or RGIII? It's because college QBs are the flavor of the week. Shiny objects that keep FOs awake at night with dreams of Championships. yet they rarely deliver. That "risk" could set us back another 3-4 years and leave us looking up at 4-12 again. No thanks.

BORDERLINE
03-14-2012, 11:50 AM

Right ON Painter!!!

IF we where to sign Manning and He get's injured in the first couple of games. And IF Tebow is still here. Then Here We Go again.

NO TC, NO VALUABLE REPS IN PRACTICE with the 1st TEAM, and he get's a shot to salvage the season all while being behind the 8ball. And believe that the Tebow detractors will overlook the fact and judge him immediately. And if he doesn't go on a winning streak THEY will be calling for his head at the first sign of trouble. This kid really doesn't get a fair shake SMH.

Who was he throwing to this last year in TC? Mark Dell???? Eron Riley?? some WR named Orton, WHOAH He had ALL-STARS to work with HUH.

Northman
03-14-2012, 11:52 AM
OMG! Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years and threw against scrubs and now sucks! OMG!!!!!!!!!

Shazam!
03-14-2012, 12:34 PM
OMG! Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years and threw against scrubs and now sucks! OMG!!!!!!!!!

They gave Rodgers the keys when Farve left and gave him time and were patient. TT will get no such chance. AND we arent even figuring in Mannings questionable health.

BORDERLINE
03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Rodgers survived a 6-10 season after the team was in the NFC championship game (a play here and there and they would have been in the SB).

Tebow would not survive that kind of season. This up-coming year or specially if it happened last year. The Pack where patient with Rodgers and it paid off. The Broncos are not patient so the story will un-fold.

Northman
03-14-2012, 12:52 PM
They gave Rodgers the keys when Farve left and gave him time and were patient. TT will get no such chance. AND we arent even figuring in Mannings questionable health.

There is no proof of this.

Shazam!
03-14-2012, 01:19 PM

There is no proof of this.

Yes there is North, with Denver aggressively pursuing Manning. DUH.

No proof that Manning is even 60%, other than heresay or third person... but whatever.

Northman
03-14-2012, 01:40 PM

No proof that Manning is even 60%, other than heresay or third person... but whatever.

Having a QB sit and learn does not equate to geting "no chance" Shaz. Rodgers sat for 3 years and got "his chance".

Shazam!
03-14-2012, 01:49 PM

Having a QB sit and learn does not equate to geting "no chance" Shaz. Rodgers sat for 3 years and got "his chance".

North it isnt even the same. AR arrived in GB with a firmly entrenched starter and he was the heir apparent. Tebow arrived on a putrid team led by KO, then leads them to the playoffs... and he's paid with a kick in the teeth by a team DESPERATE for a young star QB??

The whole situation is making me sick.

Northman
03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
North it isnt even the same. AR arrived in GB with a firmly entrenched starter and he was the heir apparent. Tebow arrived on a putrid team led by KO, then leads them to the playoffs... and he's paid with a kick in the teeth by a team DESPERATE for a young star QB??

The whole situation is making me sick.

LMAO

Dude! Come On!

Just because Manning wasnt here when Tebow arrived does not mean its a kick in the teeth. Thats just retarded. Tebow is a PROJECT and needs work. He has even admitted so.

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 02:08 PM
LMAO

Dude! Come On!

Just because Manning wasnt here when Tebow arrived does not mean its a kick in the teeth. Thats just retarded. Tebow is a PROJECT and needs work. He has even admitted so.

But the progress he can make towards being a good QB will be seen in upcoming months. 3rd year is when young QBs tend to hit their stride if they do. Working with team coaches and personal coach should help dramatically. The video of his work out in Cali looked like he is doing very well.

Northman
03-14-2012, 02:10 PM
But the progress he can make towards being a good QB will be seen in upcoming months. 3rd year is when young QBs tend to hit their stride if they do. Working with team coaches and personal coach should help dramatically. The video of his work out in Cali looked like he is doing very well.

A lot of things could help dramatically. Including sitting behind Manning. There's no written rule that a young QB has to play his 3rd year to improve.

claymore
03-14-2012, 02:17 PM
A lot of things could help dramatically. Including sitting behind Manning. There's no written rule that a young QB has to play his 3rd year to improve.

I dont see what good sitting Tebow will do. Its been said here before he learns from Doing. He gets flustered in the film room because of dyslexia (aixelsyd)... I dont see how an NFL QB can ever be successfull when they cant study offense, and defense. There are so many negatives surroundiong this QB.

So We got a run first guy, who is innacurate, and has a learning disability. Sign me up. :(

Northman
03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
I dont see what good sitting Tebow will do. Its been said here before he learns from Doing. He gets flustered in the film room because of dyslexia (aixelsyd)... I dont see how an NFL QB can ever be successfull when they cant study offense, and defense. There are so many negatives surroundiong this QB.

So We got a run first guy, who is innacurate, and has a learning disability. Sign me up. :(

Well, personal opinions aside the general consensus is that sitting behind Manning would not hinder him in anyway. While i would agree with you that i dont forsee Tim getting better i just dont have a crystal ball that says thats a fact. So, if Denver decides to keep Tim than im very comfortable with him sitting behind Manning for a couple of years. If they decide to trade Tebow and draft another QB im ok with that too. But, it has only been a few games with Tim so in my opinion to pull the plug on him as of now doesnt make sense unless your the FO and your absolutely sure Tim wont cut it.

NightTerror218
03-14-2012, 02:21 PM

Who said he cant study film? He is the college kid who was telling them OC what their playbooks were when meeting with teams.

Where the **** did you get the dyslexia thing from? And how is that a learning disability? Do you know jack shit about it? Come on Mr. Know it all.

This is a coming from a college grad making extremely good money and who has a minor case of it.

MOtorboat
03-14-2012, 02:23 PM
OK, clay, about the only thing that bugs me about you and Tebow is the aixelsyd. Is that really true?

Northman
03-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Yea, the Dyslexia thing is the first time ive heard about it.

claymore
03-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Who said he cant study film? He is the college kid who was telling them OC what their playbooks were when meeting with teams.

Where the **** did you get the dyslexia thing from? And how is that a learning disability? Do you know jack shit about it? Come on Mr. Know it all.

This is a coming from a college grad making extremely good money and who has a minor case of it.

Congratulations on your success. Dyslexia is a learning disability. Sorry bout your disability.

slim
03-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Congratulations on your success. Dyslexia is a learning disability. Sorry bout your disability.

Is stupidity a learning disability?

red98
03-14-2012, 02:38 PM
OK, clay, about the only thing that bugs me about you and Tebow is the aixelsyd. Is that really true?

What’s less known about Tebow is that he was diagnosed with dyslexia.

Tebow, managing to find success himself, wants to inspire other dyslexics to do the same. To that end, he has been traveling around speaking with different groups of children about the importance of books and reading, while sharing his own stories with dyslexia.

http://dyslexiahelp.umich.edu/success-stories/tim-tebow

turftoad
03-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Clay. Just because he can't read defenses doesn't mean that he can't actually read.

MOtorboat
03-14-2012, 02:40 PM

Did it hinder you?

claymore
03-14-2012, 02:42 PM

No, being stupid and ugly arent covered on the ADA. :mad:

weazel
03-14-2012, 05:22 PM
its my opinion that if Tebow is the Broncos starter next season, they dont win more than 3 games.

here it comes!!!!!!!!

broncobryce
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
In mine, they will win 10. So what

slim
03-14-2012, 05:29 PM
its my opinion that if Tebow is the Broncos starter next season, they dont win more than 3 games.

here it comes!!!!!!!!

What was your prediction when he took over last year?

weazel
03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
What was your prediction when he took over last year?

I didnt really know what to think. I know I watched the games though, he kept everyone on the edge of their seats in almost every game.

BTW... I was just joking around to watch the daggers fly.

Dzone
03-14-2012, 06:00 PM
So what happens to Elways legacy if he trades Tebow away and Manning comes in and flops?

Ravage!!!
03-14-2012, 06:02 PM
So what happens to Elways legacy if he trades Tebow away and Manning comes in and flops?

Nothing. Everyone can see that taking a chance on Manning is a smart move. Manning absolutely makes you a contender when on the field. Bringing in Manning to QB yoru team doesn't make you look stupid, it makes you look like you are doing all you can to win.

BORDERLINE
03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Nothing. Everyone can see that taking a chance on Manning is a smart move. Manning absolutely makes you a contender when on the field. Bringing in Manning to QB yoru team doesn't make you look stupid, it makes you look like you are doing all you can to win.

IF FULLY HEALTHY and NO 4 neck surgeries and NO current QB on the roster that can succeed.......I would completely agree with your comment.

Elway is taking a RISK. We know the PROS and CONS. But if fans don't hold him accountable than I guess HE can do whatever HE Wants.

Because IF this works out and Manning brings us a SB RING. I will BOW many a' times and applaud that MAN and never question his moves again!!!! but if it doesn't than it's a different story...

catfish
03-14-2012, 06:31 PM
IF FULLY HEALTHY and NO 4 neck surgeries and NO current QB on the roster that can succeed.......I would completely agree with your comment.

Elway is taking a RISK. We know the PROS and CONS. But if fans don't hold him accountable than I guess HE can do whatever HE Wants.

Because IF this works out and Manning brings us a SB RING. I will BOW many a' times and applaud that MAN and never question his moves again!!!! but if it doesn't than it's a different story...

I think it will all be a tied to how the franchise performs over the next 5 years, even if Manngin flops if the team bounces back it will be written off as a chancy call that you had to take, if he fails and the team stays knocked down it will be a huge black mark

Dzone
03-14-2012, 06:54 PM
If Elway trades Tebow and Tebow excels elsewhere and Manning completely flops here, then Elway will be run out of town on rails.

MOtorboat
03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
If Elway trades Tebow and Tebow excels elsewhere and Manning completely flops here, then Elway will be run out of town on rails.

There are idiots who are already trying to do that.

Elway and Fox are smarter than me.

There are a ton of people that would be best to admit that.

wayninja
03-14-2012, 11:27 PM
There are idiots who are already trying to do that.

Elway and Fox are smarter than me.

There are a ton of people that would be best to admit that.

I'll admit that Fox and Elway are smarter than you.

Nomad
03-14-2012, 11:38 PM
I'll admit that Fox and Elway are smarter than you.

:lol: MO set himself up for that.

OrangeFanatic
03-15-2012, 12:11 AM
I think part of the problem is that people are so blinded by their hatred for TT, that they will support anything that gets him out of town ASAP. I can hear it on the radio when I listen to these hosts completely disregard any type of argument anyone brings in against Peyton, they don't even listen. I don't think TT is the future, maybe he'll prove me and all the blind haters wrong. Either way bringing in Peyton is a huge mistake for this franchise.

What's going to happen if we bring Peyton Manning in? We don't have enough pieces for him to carry us on his back alone. We will probably get into the playoffs, but will be beaten by more rounded teams in the first/first few rounds. So what does this mean? Mediocre draft picks for the next 3-4 years, and with the hefty price on Peyton himself we won't be able to bring in the FA pieces for him to go all the way. So in the end we will be where Indy is now, but with no guarantee for a sweet #1 pick.

Or, even worse case, he gets injured early and we are out a QB and lots of money.

Either way Tebow will be gone without a chance to fail or succeed. Even though this doesn't effect the team, what happens if we trade Tebow, Peyton get injured or fails and Tebow succeeds elsewhere? It will be Peyton Hillis times a million all over again. The Tebow lovers will make sure we never hear the end of it.

wayninja
03-15-2012, 12:21 AM
I think part of the problem is that people are so blinded by their hatred for TT, that they will support anything that gets him out of town ASAP. I can hear it on the radio when I listen to these hosts completely disregard any type of argument anyone brings in against Peyton, they don't even listen. I don't think TT is the future, maybe he'll prove me and all the blind haters wrong. Either way bringing in Peyton is a huge mistake for this franchise.

What's going to happen if we bring Peyton Manning in? We don't have enough pieces for him to carry us on his back alone. We will probably get into the playoffs, but will be beaten by more rounded teams in the first/first few rounds. So what does this mean? Mediocre draft picks for the next 3-4 years, and with the hefty price on Peyton himself we won't be able to bring in the FA pieces for him to go all the way. So in the end we will be where Indy is now, but with no guarantee for a sweet #1 pick.

Or, even worse case, he gets injured early and we are out a QB and lots of money.

Either way Tebow will be gone without a chance to fail or succeed. Even though this doesn't effect the team, what happens if we trade Tebow, Peyton get injured or fails and Tebow succeeds elsewhere? It will be Peyton Hillis times a million all over again. The Tebow lovers will make sure we never hear the end of it.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, but supposedly Manning is supposed to financially protect the team that signs him should he get injured. I think that's limited to his neck only though, but I'm not sure.

Dzone
03-15-2012, 12:59 AM
check it, this head banger had the same surgery as manning

Mustaine's chronic pain was caused by stenosis, the result of decades of onstage head-banging.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/news/story?id=7558929