PDA

View Full Version : Here is a thought, when was the last time Denver had zero turnovers in game?

Medford Bronco
10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
If Denver wants any prayer to win this game on Sunday Night, when was
the last time they went a whole game without a turnover?

Hint, it was a long long time ago?

Any guesses? before you click on the link

here is the link to that game
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=Aqf9nvZN5iKhrkqTmdWRzlkisLYF?gid=200 61105023

Skinny
10-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I would'nt have guessed that game.

In 2005 (13-3), we had just 16 turnovers all season. And took it away 36 times. A HUGE reason we went 13-3.

To date, i beleive we have 10 right now.

Shooting ourselves in the foot is not helping. . .

[Edit] first game that came to mind was the 17-7 win over NE last year.

Tned
10-17-2007, 07:22 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=Aqf9nvZN5iKhrkqTmdWRzlkisLYF?gid=200 61105023

If I were to guess (without looking at the link), I would say it was during the nearly record breaking turnover free stretch in early/mid '05. That is when Jake was INT free, and I think it was five games with no turnovers, until we turned the ball over on an attempted lateral on a kick/punt return with no time on the clock in a desperation move.

I don't know if we had a turnover free game after that stretch.

Medford Bronco
10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
If I were to guess (without looking at the link), I would say it was during the nearly record breaking turnover free stretch in early/mid '05. That is when Jake was INT free, and I think it was five games with no turnovers, until we turned the ball over on an attempted lateral on a kick/punt return with no time on the clock in a desperation move.

I don't know if we had a turnover free game after that stretch.

You guys are so cool listening to the teacher :lol:

it was in 06 at some point B/C which stands for Before Cutler and I am not bashing Cutler, just trying to make a point that it is hard to win in the NFL, much less when making mistakes every game

East Coast Fan
10-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't recall us having any turnovers last Sunday....

Just funnin' with ya my friend!! :laugh:

Medford Bronco
10-18-2007, 10:11 AM
bump for exposure

this is a very important thing that almost must happen if Denver
wants any chance to beat Pitt.

2 TO will = a loss

Lonestar
10-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I think your dead on in this area

Medford Bronco
10-18-2007, 03:41 PM
I think your dead on in this area

Thanks JR:salute:

I just wish it would get preached more by this community

Do you remember any good team that averaged 2 TO per
game. I say nobody

Cutler must play a clean game and has never done so.

It has to start on Sunday night or another loss will happen :sad:

Lonestar
10-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks JR:salute:

I just wish it would get preached more by this community

Do you remember any good team that averaged 2 TO per
game. I say nobody

Cutler must play a clean game and has never done so.

It has to start on Sunday night or another loss will happen :sad:

I think a turn over a game is OK IF we are getting 2 back until then it is something that needs to get cleaned up.

omac
10-19-2007, 11:01 PM
The less turnovers were good, because it masked the fact that we always had poor field possition, and because our offense wasn't very explosive; no confidence in the passing game, so take much less risks to avoid turnovers. It made for a pretty good regular season team, but a sucky one in the playoffs when the contenders really prepared for us. When we were forced to pass for our playoff life, we all know what happened there.

broncosfanscott
10-20-2007, 01:48 AM

Let's hope he have a bit of deja vu.

rcsodak
10-21-2007, 10:43 AM

Well, it sure hasn't been since Cutler took over the reigns....:rolleyes:

I remember the stretch of games that Jake had, where he was throwing nothing but TD's, and no picks. I also remember how the 'hater's' were downplaying it.....ie. "he threw a ball that SHOULD have been picked".

Looking at how Vandy is playing, maybe it was CUTLER that was the reason for their mediocre seasons.....:confused:

gobroncsnv
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Don't guess you are looking to win any popularity contests around here...

But Jay definitely has some mistakes that he needs to build from. Brady gets away with throwing into double coverage with Randy Moss. Not so for us. We definitely lost some momentum with those int's.

But he's also doing alot of things right that he IS building from. He's lead us into 3 game winning drives this season for walk-off field goals. Also had more TD's than TO's tonight, and write it down, we were mostly effective in the red zone tonight.

I think most people are seeing him grow into the role, and that you see we have a chance to make some 3rd and longs of our own, against a really good defense, no less. So I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I'm glad we have him on our side. It's gonna be fun to watch him grow up here. I stood up for Jake alot of times over the past few years, and now I'm happy to do it for Jay.