PDA

View Full Version : Manning or no Manning, go get Dallas Clark.

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 12:26 AM
We need a pass catching TE like a fat kid needs chocolate cake.

Go get em EFX!!!!

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 12:29 AM
They released Manning and yet were able to talk to him.

Can we do the same with Clark? I would sign him while Manning is visiting Arizona and Miami just to build a case for Manning to come here. How big of an oh shyt moment would Pioli have if the interview was interupted that Clark had signed a deal with Denver?

CrazyHorse
03-10-2012, 01:55 AM
I hope if we do sign Manning he comes with Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Joseph Addai.

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 02:23 AM
I dont really want the Colts ....I just wouldnt mind 3 of them.

I think Moreno would look better than Addai catching out of the backfield as long as he could stay healthy.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 02:41 AM
I dont really want the Colts ....I just wouldnt mind 3 of them.

I think Moreno would look better than Addai catching out of the backfield as long as he could stay healthy.

I think Manning had pushed for the Colts to resign Addai because of his blitz pickup, if that's the role Denver would have for him l don't have an issue with it. l just don't like the idea of becoming Colts West.......

dogfish
03-10-2012, 02:42 AM
edge james FTW!

:woot:

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 02:51 AM
l'm wondering what Royal and Lloyd would think of playing with Manning. l have no hard feelings toward Lloyd and Royal is just one of my favorite Broncos. l remember thinking that drafting Royal was a mistake, now l think he's been criminally underused.

Manning, Clark and Lloyd or Royal would suit me just fine.......

CrazyHorse
03-10-2012, 03:41 AM
It doesn't make any sense to sign Lloyd. We have two good young receivers with Thomas and Decker. We should keep Royal if only for KR/PR. I would think Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark could follow Manning.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 03:51 AM
It doesn't make any sense to sign Lloyd. We have two good young receivers with Thomas and Decker. We should keep Royal if only for KR/PR. I would think Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark could follow Manning.

I don't disagree, but if the Broncos would make sense for Wayne why shouldn't they make sense for Lloyd? Lloyd already knows the verbiage and is about the same age as Wayne.......

CrazyHorse
03-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Lloyd has had one good season. Wayne has had a good career. Plus they have something that can't be learned which is chemistry together. Manning at QB would have a large influence on the plays that are called. Wayne just makes more sense than Lloyd.

Northman
03-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Yea, if you were to take either Lloyd or Wayne you would go Wayne all day long. Its not even a question. But, with the original post i would like to have Clark but im not really sure under tebow we could utilize him correctly. While i still think that we need pass catching TE i dont think Clark would be the right fit without a guy like Mannng here who could use him correctly.

Army Bronco
03-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Yea, if you were to take either Lloyd or Wayne you would go Wayne all day long. Its not even a question. But, with the original post i would like to have Clark but im not really sure under tebow we could utilize him correctly. While i still think that we need pass catching TE i dont think Clark would be the right fit without a guy like Mannng here who could use him correctly. Maybe having Clark will teach TT to throw underneath a bit more? I'm for getting Dallas Clark just for his skills but I think it would be awesome to have him and PM . I just want to see them in a Broncs uniform doin to the Colts what they did to us for years. But I would hope they figured SD out by then. Lol

Traveler
03-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Pass on Clark. He's not the same player he once was. As with Peyton, injuries have taken their toll on him.

Hell, I say pass on Manning too. But only because of his health. While I'm not truly a fan of Tebow as a QB, I'm saddened the team has seemingly deviated from their plan to build through the draft. Much rather they spend money on Williams than Manning. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Manning may not sign here so I'll wait to see the end result.

bcbronc
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
ya, I probably pass on Clark as well. Seems to me that TEs tend to have a pretty steep drop off in play (obviously not with every single TE). If Manning is here, okay maybe just because of their chemistry. But someone is going to pay Clark for what he's been not what he is, and without Manning what Clark is now isn't going to be worth the contract imo.

dogfish
03-10-2012, 03:12 PM
ya, I probably pass on Clark as well. Seems to me that TEs tend to have a pretty steep drop off in play (obviously not with every single TE). If Manning is here, okay maybe just because of their chemistry. But someone is going to pay Clark for what he's been not what he is, and without Manning what Clark is now isn't going to be worth the contract imo.

i wouldn't want his old gimp ass even with manning. . . .

Northman
03-10-2012, 05:20 PM
While I'm not truly a fan of Tebow as a QB, I'm saddened the team has seemingly deviated from their plan to build through the draft.

Nothing has changed with that. Im not sure why you would think that signing a vet QB would change the drafting.

Traveler
03-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Nothing has changed with that. Im not sure why you would think that signing a vet QB would change the drafting.

I just want to the team to settle this "Tebow Thing." Bringing in a vet QB only delays what the decision on Tebow. Tired of the circus. As to building through the draft, if they sign Manning, it means they will be drafting from the perspective that they want to win now. Especially if Manning is healthy. He's only got about 2-3 years left IMO. Denver would be building for his last run and they'd still have to detrmine what to do with TT.

Northman
03-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I just want to the team to settle this "Tebow Thing." Bringing in a vet QB only delays what the decision on Tebow. Tired of the circus. As to building through the draft, if they sign Manning, it means they will be drafting from the perspective that they want to win now. Especially if Manning is healthy. He's only got about 2-3 years left IMO. Denver would be building for his last run and they'd still have to detrmine what to do with TT.

While i would agree that with Manning they would be trying to win now even without Manning the team is still going to try and win now. People dont understand that when Tebow and the Broncos made the playoffs and won a game they opened the door to higher expectations. Going into this season anything less than another playoff win or more is a step back. I dont see Manning coming in being quite the circus it would be compared to having Denver draft another 1st round QB this year. Too me this is just Denver taking a shot at a veteran QB who knows how to win and in the process let Tebow learn some more. Fact is, he still needs a lot of work so if Denver can upgrade in the short term while still teaching Tebow i only see nothing but positives from that. Although Clay would still not be happy in that senario.

Nomad
03-10-2012, 10:18 PM
i wouldn't want his old gimp ass even with manning. . . .

I wonder if he reminisces about Lynch.:lol:

DenBronx
03-10-2012, 10:19 PM
You guys are delusional if you think our current TEs are better than Clark. He has been injured and Manning wasnt there. SEE: Reggie Wayne who also had a decline in production when Curtis Painter was the QB.