PDA

View Full Version : Ryan McBean and D.J. Williams suspended for six games

igoe4broncos
03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
From Vic Lombardi's Twitter

Two Broncos to receive 6-game suspensions for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Names coming shortly.

https://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi

UPDATE:

Ryan McBean and DJ Williams suspended six games each. They will file federal lawsuits against the NFL this Monday.

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Guesses?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi

Two Broncos to receive 6-game suspensions for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Names coming shortly.

http://twitter.com/#!/viclombardi

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 05:34 PM
D.J. Williams and Knowshon Moreno...

Buff
03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
As someone else said on Twitter - I've got $100 on DJ Williams.

igoe4broncos
03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
D.J. Williams and Knowshon Moreno...

That sounds about right...watch it be Tebow lol

Dzone
03-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Joe Mays and DJ? Just guessing.
Big Al is saying a new middle linebacker is coming to denver. Of course Big Al is almost always full of shyt

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 05:36 PM
D.J. And Knowshon are already in the program, and six games means its likely the two players were already in the substance abuse system.

Dzone
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Ok, Mcbean and DJ. I guessed one right

Denver Native (Carol)

Ryan McBean and DJ Williams suspended six games each. They will file federal lawsuits against the NFL this Monday.

http://twitter.com/#!/viclombardi

MOtorboat
Williams and McBean confirmed by Lombardi.

shank
03-09-2012, 05:38 PM
D.J. And Knowshon are already in the program, and six games means its likely the two players were already in the substance abuse system.
look at the big tall brain on this guy

EDIT: nevermind.

igoe4broncos
03-09-2012, 05:38 PM
McBean and Williams, OP updated.

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 05:39 PM
look at the big tall brain on this guy

EDIT: nevermind.

Eat me.

Buff
03-09-2012, 05:43 PM
******* DJ Williams.

Dumbest Bronco since Travis Henry.

BORDERLINE
03-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Virgil Green just got hit with a 4 game suspension via VIC's twitter

dump all 3 of those losers. I seen the Colts let go of Dallas Clark. Pick his azz UP DENVER

claymore
03-09-2012, 05:45 PM
***Cough*** cox *** cough***

Buff
03-09-2012, 05:46 PM
***Cough*** cox *** cough***

Cox is much smarter than he looks. He impregnated a chick, denied sleeping with her to the cops, and still beat the charges.

GEM
03-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Should have put Williams on the block long ago. Guess we'll never learn. 2 DUI's and now a substance suspension and he's barely above average as a player.

chazoe60
03-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I thought DJ was playing the best football of his career last year too. What a mess.

claymore
03-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Cox is much smarter than he looks. He impregnated a chick, denied sleeping with her to the cops, and still beat the charges.

Touche. Henry would have impregnated her, but went to jail, Williams would have killed her in a Drunk Driving accident.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2012, 05:49 PM
More from Vic

Again, DJ Williams and Ryan McBean slapped with 6-game suspensions. Virgil Green a 4-game suspensions. Someone cover Manning's eyes.

Virgil Green suspended 4 games for violating NFL substance policy. That's now THREE in one day

What a crazy day. The more I learn about this, I think McBean and DJ have a good reason to file a lawsuit.

The players claim tampering during the process. Again, they will file federal lawsuits against the league. More to come....

GEM
03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Well Vic...you say there is a good case for lawsuit...then don't follow it up with what kind of tampering. Hate half stories.

G_Money
03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Can I ****in cut DJ Mother ****in Williams yet and sign "I'm not a dumbass" Wes Woodyard to a new contract to play Will already?

Goddamn.

~G

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Tampering, my ass. Now that Ryan Braun beat a suspension in an appeal, every player in major sports is going to claim tampering when they get hit with a suspension...

frauschieze
03-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Can I ****in cut DJ Mother ****in Williams yet and sign "I'm not a dumbass" Wes Woodyard to a new contract to play Will already?

Goddamn.

~G

Ditto.

Dzone
03-09-2012, 05:57 PM
LOL..DJ Williams is a moron. Hope we can replace him. WTF? Dont these guys know when to stop their steroid cycles in time so they dont test +? Or else just stick to growth hormone which is undetectable

Mcbean doesnt matter, he isnt any good anyway.

igoe4broncos
03-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Ryan McBean sucks. All he does is specialize in committing a personal foul penalty at least once every game.

D.J. Williams...it's time to cut this guy loose. The guy is good on the field, but obviously an idiot off the field.

chazoe60
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
BTW, WTF is this shit all coming out today when we have Manning in for a visit. Great timing. I'm sure Manning is itching to join a frickin trainwreck like this. :rolleyes:

SpringsBroncoFan
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Should have put Williams on the block long ago. Guess we'll never learn. 2 DUI's and now a substance suspension and he's barely above average as a player.

That was my first thought too... should have let Woody go all year and send DJ out for whatever we could get...

I guess this explains why we never saw anything from Green... too busy doing the drugs to want to play??? lol

igoe4broncos
03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Sounds like DJ and McBean are going to try and pull a Ryan Braun.

Lombardi also reports that Williams and McBean claim that someone tampered with their samples, and that they will file a federal lawsuit on Monday.

Pro Football Talk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/three-broncos-suspended-two-will-file-lawsuits/)

SpringsBroncoFan
03-09-2012, 06:19 PM
What the hell is non-human urine???

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Two Broncos, LB D.J. Williams and DL Ryan Mcbean, suspended six games each. TE Virgil Green suspended four games. League did not say why.

iLands
03-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Ugh.

We all pay for their stupidity.

topscribe
03-09-2012, 06:37 PM
D.J. Williams has released a statement concerning his suspension:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/d-j-williams-issues-statement-in-response-to-suspension/

Denver Native (Carol)
03-09-2012, 06:37 PM
D.J. Williams issues statement in response to suspension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/d-j-williams-issues-statement-in-response-to-suspension/

topscribe
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Ha ha, beat ya! (That'll probably never happen again.)

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 06:41 PM
From the statement sounds like Dj williams go out swinging. That was a quick statement.

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Said it wasnt human pee..........hmmmmm...........perhaps the samples got mixed with the ratturds samples?

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 06:45 PM
We proved — conclusively — at the NFL hearing on this matter that the NFL and its specimen collector wholly failed in their duties to safeguard and process my specimen properly.

This just bothers me.

It's the same defense as Ryan Braun. He's not arguing that he's not guilty he's arguing that the cop didn't read him his miranda rights.

iLands
03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
This just bothers me.

It's the same defense as Ryan Braun. He's not arguing that he's not guilty he's arguing that the cop didn't read him his miranda rights.

MO: So the guy fails his first test now? Also, if the specimen collector really was axed in the way that D.J.'s lawyer said, that's a good sign for his client.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 07:02 PM
DJ also said the guy who "collected" was fired

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 07:04 PM
MO: So the guy fails his first test now? Also, if the specimen collector really was axed in the way that D.J.'s lawyer said, that's a good sign for his client.

Ryan Braun had been playing for years too, before he got a failed test. Players begin to take steroids/growth hormone as they get older.

But, again, I'm not saying D.J. Williams did or did not use. I'm simply pointing out the fact that he's not arguing that he failed.

Magnificent Seven
03-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Cut all them loose and trade DJ Williams.

silkamilkamonico
03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
people need to stop with woodyard. he is not a very good lb. good special teams player but not a good lb

iLands
03-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Details on the Green suspension: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gbfgo0

That made me really sad.

Put away your pitchforks.

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 07:41 PM

That made me really sad.

Green will have his suspension lowered, if not taken away by the league without a legal battle and won't be cut.

That's the way to go about things. IMO.

iLands
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Green will have his suspension lowered, if not taken away by the league without a legal battle and won't be cut.

That's the way to go about things. IMO.

Hope so. It was definitely ignorant on his part, but it's surprising there isn't an exemption for prescribed medication.

That wasn't at all what I expected when I first heard the news.

chazoe60
03-09-2012, 07:56 PM
I was reading Green's statement, but I got distracted. What did it say?

Dzone
03-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Its probably just weed. WTF, dont they know They can get their marijuana card in colorado ?.
I would guess that colorado is going to be a top destination for professional athletes who like to smoke rope.

frauschieze
03-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Its probably just weed. WTF, dont they know They can get their marijuana card in colorado ?.
I would guess that colorado is going to be a top destination for professional athletes who like to smoke rope.

Marijuana is a banned substance in the NFL regardless of legality in Colorado for medical purposes. I can't imagine this would fly even if they had their green card.

Dortoh
03-09-2012, 09:37 PM
If this is what it takes to finally be rid of the most over rated player in Bronco history so be it.

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 10:01 PM

That made me really sad.

I don't blame Green.

Here's a rookie who had a medical condition and it was crucial for him to focus with playbooks and meetings ect.

The other two jokers I'm not too sure about yet. What in the heck did they trade it with? Monkey urine???

Dzone
03-09-2012, 10:32 PM
This is going to be called the Ryan Braun defense from now on. The collectors are going to get thrown under the bus as a bunch of criminals. Who would want that job? "I have to watch you pee in this here cup"...lol...then when a test comes back positive, the collector gets accused of fraud and intent to destroy a players career.

Dzone
03-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Marijuana is a banned substance in the NFL regardless of legality in Colorado for medical purposes. I can't imagine this would fly even if they had their green card.
You are probably right. So far, nobody has tried that defense yet for pot.If a player is smoking prescription pot for muscle pain, and it is doctor prescribed, then he could possibly, with a good attorney, avoid a suspension. Who knows. It is going to happen eventually. Unless the NFL has an across the board zero tolerance for pot. Which is a little ridiculous since they allow consumption of ethyl alcohol, a known poison. Any team would much rather have a player home eating a cannibis cookie, not wanting to go anywhere, than out drunk and crazy in a nightclub and driving home drunk. NFL needs a zero tolerance for alcohol, not weed

tomjonesrocks
03-09-2012, 11:32 PM
My guess is Williams tried to use synthetic urine which is a common approach to gaming drug tests.

jhildebrand
03-10-2012, 12:11 AM
******* DJ Williams.

Dumbest Bronco since Travis Henry.

Most overrated too! Cut or trade his ass. The guy is good for some kind of drama every season! It's old already. Ship him the Jets who wanted him so bad.

topscribe
03-10-2012, 12:14 AM
If this is what it takes to finally be rid of the most over rated player in Bronco history so be it.

Most overrated too! Cut or trade his ass. The guy is good for some kind of drama every season! It's old already. Ship him the Jets who wanted him so bad.
I'm not necessarily in disagreement with your sentiments, but with whom would the Broncos replace him?

If they lose D.J., it is going to hurt.

jhildebrand
03-10-2012, 12:31 AM
It didn't seem to hurt much when he was out of games at the end of the season, Top. The reality is they HAVE to replace him because they can't count on him. If they don't address it, it will burn the Broncos at some point when they need him most.

Woodyard is an ok enough fill in. Let's see where Irving is and address through next year's draft if necessary.

Joel
03-10-2012, 03:27 AM
It didn't seem to hurt much when he was out of games at the end of the season, Top. The reality is they HAVE to replace him because they can't count on him. If they don't address it, it will burn the Broncos at some point when they need him most.

Woodyard is an ok enough fill in. Let's see where Irving is and address through next year's draft if necessary.
I assume you're talking about previous seasons when DJ was hurt late in the year, not this past season when the Pats TEs torched us twice within a month and kicked us out of the playoffs. Anyway....

This is why trials use impartial jurors rather than MB posters. If the test is legit, the suspension is no more (and really less) than he deserves, but it is far from clear the test is legit. If the League fired their guy for mishandling samples or something else related to tests, there's a pretty obvious reason to invalidate the invalid test; if not, not. Sneering at the suggestion a past impropriety might have occurred again makes no sense to me; while past impropriety does not prove current impropriety, it does demonstrate the possibility, and to this point DJ has a better record on drug tests than the NFL does. And, incidentally, suspending a guy for taking prescribed medication simply because the NFL didn't approve it fast enough after he notified them is ridiculous; the guy shouldn't have to stop taking medication to treat his illness just to keep his job.

I'm pulling for DJ to be innocent and the test proven to be flawed because I really like the guy and he's played exceptionally well for us throughout his career, but if he's guilty he's guilty and should face the consequences just like anyone else. Of course, if the test IS invalidated all Hell is likely to break loose because it will establish a pattern of error with the League (which may make that a very big "if.")

kcvet
03-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Three Broncos players have been suspended to start the 2012 season for violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

Two league sources have confirmed that linebacker D.J. Williams and defensive tackle Ryan McBean tested positive for performance enhancing substances on the league's banned list and will be suspended for the first six games. Rookie tight end Virgil Green also tested positive and will be suspended for the first four games.

The Broncos issued the following statment: "We are aware of this matter, but due to the confidentiality of the program, we are unable to provide additional comment on the situation."

denverpost (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20140559/broncos-d-j-williams-mcbean-test-positive-peds)

hey don't shoot the messenger....shit happens

CoachChaz
03-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Reinforces the need for a pass rush DT and signing Woodyard.

Idiots

MOtorboat
03-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Shit sure does happen. And it was well covered with several threads yesterday.

kcvet
03-10-2012, 11:04 AM
we lost Bowe for the same thing. Haley was HC then. as I remember he chewed Bowe's ass out for being over weight. so Mr Bowe took it on his self to fix it and got caught

archive:
Dwayne Bowe suspended for violating steroids policy

And just as the Chiefs finally have seen a problem player land with a new team, another promising young player has become a major problem.

Receiver Dwayne Bowe has been suspended four games for violating the league’s policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances.

The team announced the move earlier in the hour. The suspension begins immediately.

The development means that Bowe has exhausted all internal appeals, or opted not to pursue them.

The specific substance for which he tested positive isn’t known, and it’s possible that the violation occurred in 2008 or earlier. It’s also possible that Bowe didn’t test positive; some players have been suspended based on evidence of possession of banned substances.

He’ll miss games against the Steelers, Chargers, Broncos, and Bills. He’ll then return for the final three games of the year, against the Browns, Bengals, and Broncos.

source (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/17/dwayne-bowe-suspended-for-violating-steroids-policy/)

Tned
03-10-2012, 11:20 AM

That made me really sad.

In case you didn't read it, here is what Green said:

"I was suspended for four games for taking ADHD medication prior to obtaining an exemption from the League. I have now obtained the proper exemption to take the medication that has been prescribed to me to treat my condition. I apologize to my teammates, coaches and fans for my mistake and will make sure to never let anything like this happen again.”

If true, while he may have been technically in violation, if the medication has been subsequently approved, "equity" would have dictated no suspension.

G_Money
03-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Green can stay.

Between this and the stalking thing, McBean can go. I know the charges were dropped but there are only so many times you can be in the wrong place at the wrong time without me believing you are playing some part in your own misfortune.

DJ was there a couple of DUIs ago. And when you make a statement like this:

"I am proud of my record and proud of the way in which I conduct myself as a professional athlete and citizen."

AFTER having had 2 DUIs, lost your captaincy, hit Dawkins hard enough to mess up his neck for the year, and you have the THIRD highest cap number on the team? :tsk:

Then I cut you. Especially since we've paid the vast majority of his bonus now so the cap hit shouldn't be much. His base salary is 5 and his cap is 6.37 so it's just the 1.37 mill we'd be on the hook for right? Where's a salary cap guru when you need em. DJ's cap hit + Woodyard's whole salary might be less than what DJ alone is making right now.

And Woodyard isn't gonna put himself, or us, in that position.

~G

wayninja
03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Trying to tamper with your sample is bad enough, but pulling the Braun defense? That just makes me lose what very little respect DJ had managed to regain in the past year for him.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 07:50 PM

RT @Broncs27_Ian: Does it look like they have a case to appeal their suspensions?----->very much so. process was a mess

Reading the lawsuit filed on behalf of DJ Williams and Ryan McBean. Crazy stuff.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
From article:

The league slapped each player with six-game suspensions, without pay, for allegedly substituting a non-human specimen during their urine tests taken in August. For that to happen, the players would have had to switch the specimens while the collector was watching from a frontal view.

The collector in this case has since been fired by the NFL for dereliction of duty, yet the hearing officer — Harold Henderson, who works in the commissioner's officer — ruled against the players.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20157753/broncos-d-j-williams-ryan-mcbean-sue-nfl

The tests were taken in August - why is it just coming out now?:confused:

PAINTERDAVE
03-13-2012, 01:34 AM
I think they both will be cleared.. it is TOO wierd..
the BOTH use non human urine and do so in such a way that the inspector cant see?

I think the inspector screwed up.. and they both get off.

BigDaddyBronco
03-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Ryan Braun got off due to how the speciman's were handled and MLB is much stricter than the NFL. With all this mess, I don't see how they will not get off. Green made a mistake, but there is no intent from him to be a dopper IMHO, he'll serve his suspension and will be back.

Buff
03-13-2012, 09:50 AM
DJ Williams is always talking about partying on twitter, or going to Vegas midseason, getting DUIs, etc.

I am not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything.

NightTerror218
03-13-2012, 11:59 AM
They have support from NFLPA too.

DenBronx
03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
As numskulled as DJ has been I'm kinda on his side here.

Here's a few things to think about,

The NFLPA has fully supported DJ and McBean.
They both are not just disputing but sueing the NFL.
The guy who handles this got fired for tampering with samples before.
The test were not dated or signed.
The test wernt properly sealed by the lab.
The NFL delayed the process.
The NFL didnt notify DJ or McBean within the 5 day period.

Whether guilty or not DJ and McBean look like they have a case to get this completely thrown out.

G_Money
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh, I expect the case to get thrown out at this point.

Doesn't change how I feel about DJ and his stupidity, nor do I necessarily believe he's innocent. He may be found not guilty of this, but I neither need him nor want him on my team going forward.

~G