PDA

View Full Version : Spano: Chiefs have already offered Manning a contract

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Forgive me if this was already posted, but I thought this was interesting. Brandon Spano reported on twitter last night that the Chiefs have already offered Manning a contract.

@BrandonSpano BREAKING: Source says that the Chiefs were the ONLY team to offer a completed contract to Peyton Manning today. Says they are most prepared

Which led to this PFT report today:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/report-chiefs-have-already-offered-peyton-manning-a-contract/

Slick
03-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Good. Nobody ever takes the first offer.

Northman
03-09-2012, 01:20 PM
So much for Matt Cassell. haha

Simple Jaded
03-09-2012, 01:24 PM
As if Denver needed another reason to sign Peyton Manning, but you definitely do not want him going to another AFC West rival. If there is a single legitimate reason to not do everything humanly possible to sign Manning I'd like to hear it.......

PatriotsGuy
03-09-2012, 01:33 PM

I was just going to ask about him :D

DallasChief
03-09-2012, 01:48 PM

KC won't lose a single fan if the Chiefs cut Cassell for Manning. Denver would lose half their fan base if Tebow isn't given another season.

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 01:55 PM
KC won't lose a single fan if the Chiefs cut Cassell for Manning. Denver would lose half their fan base if Tebow isn't given another season.

Not a large problem, imo.

The gay men, housewife and teenager demographic won't be too huge of a loss.

SR
03-09-2012, 01:56 PM

Most of that fan base I'm fine with being gone. I'd rather take a chance with Peyton Manning than take a chance with Tim Tebow.

PatriotsGuy
03-09-2012, 01:56 PM

Yeah but they'd just be back to the regular fan base they had before they drafted him.

Northman
03-09-2012, 02:02 PM

Nah.

Denver was just fine with Bronco fans before Tweebo came along. If he gets dumped or traded we will be fine like we have always been.

weazel
03-09-2012, 02:08 PM

all the more reason to get Peyton... they aren't Denver Broncos fans anyway, Id be happy to see every one of them take a hike

BroncoStud
03-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Tebow won't be going anywhere. Even IF Denver somehow landed Manning, Tebow is the only QB under contract, has several years left on said contract, and could learn a lifetime of knowledge from Manning. It's just that simple. You have to carry at least 1 backup, especially when your starter would be 36 years old, coming off of 3 surgeries, and not mobile...

There is almost no way Denver goes into 2012 without Tebow on the roster - and they shouldn't. Regardless if they sign Manning.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Ultimately I would love Manning as QB for say 4 years. But I also would like Tebow to be his backup and take over after (given he good improvement). I think his attitude si worth keeping him around and so is his work ethic. I think the team fed off him a little last season. He may test the free market after rookie contract ends but signing him to a backup QB contract might less us keep him.

Thnikkaman
03-09-2012, 02:13 PM
I will laugh if it's Von Miller that helps Peyton retire from Football.

Guy needs to be on the sidelines, not taking snaps.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
some tweets out there

MileHighReport ‏ @MileHighReport

RT @ArmandoSalguero: I've been told Manning's decision is basically AZ or MIA. Elway would have to fashion a DRIVE type rally to get him.

chazoe60
03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
some tweets out there

MileHighReport ‏ @MileHighReport

RT @ArmandoSalguero: I've been told Manning's decision is basically AZ or MIA. Elway would have to fashion a DRIVE type rally to get him.
I just read that an insider on WFAN just said it's between Den and Mia and that Denver is in the leas and Manning might not even get out of our building tonight without signing.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 02:32 PM
I just read that an insider on WFAN just said it's between Den and Mia and that Denver is in the leas and Manning might not even get out of our building tonight without signing.

All radio/insiders are going to be posting their ideas and thoughts into Manning. Vic Lombardi is screaming that Den is favorites but a long show for last 2 days.

slim
03-09-2012, 02:33 PM
OK, stop with the rumors.

Nobody knows shit right now. Let's all just take a deep breath. OK?

slim
03-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Also, I would like to see what Peyton could do in a Bates system.

Dzone
03-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Too bad we cant put Manning in a helmet and pads and have someone knock him around just to see how he holds up

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Too bad we cant put Manning in a helmet and pads and have someone knock him around just to see how he holds up

Ok Manning stand here and we are going to have Von Doom hit you. If you can stand back up and not wince we will pay you da money you want.

Northman
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/533084547-249x300.jpg

MOtorboat
03-09-2012, 03:32 PM
OK, stop with the rumors.

Nobody knows shit right now. Let's all just take a deep breath. OK?

:slimgator:

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Lamar Hunt to Pioli: "Does Peyton like soda crackers? Cause I got a cousin kin git him a deal sellin soda crackers on the side.."

Pioli: "..............."

Lamar Hunt: "Call that in to him boy.......tell him I said that."

LTC Pain
03-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Ok Manning stand here and we are going to have Von Doom hit you. If you can stand back up and not wince we will pay you da money you want.

As long as Mannings head does not spin like Linda Blair in the Excorcist he's good to go!

Simple Jaded
03-09-2012, 04:49 PM

Yeah, the stupid half.......

Simple Jaded
03-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah but they'd just be back to the regular fan base they had before they drafted him.

Exactly!.......