PDA

View Full Version : Denvers Case For Manning

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Washington-Nope. Eli plays in that division. Wont happen. If it werent in that division, Shanahan and Snyders pockets would have a chance.

Miami- Nope. Brand new head coach. Brand new coaching staff. Brand-on Marshall.....while his skillset is awesome, think Peyton wants to deal with a me first WR?

Houston- Nope. True they have everything he needs except Reggie Wayne........but....... signing Peyton? Signing Wayne? Signing Meyers? Signing Arian Foster? Thats a lot of signing for a cap strapped team. AND he would face his old team twice a year. I dont think he wants to do that. Him and Irsay had a wink/wink deal on that one.............

Arizona-Maybe. Fitzgerald will be a big carrot. The dome is a carrot. Good coach. Young defense...............but its the NFC. While he wont exclude it, he prefers the AFC.

KC- Nope. Need I say more?

Denver- Maybe. Wanna deal with Tebowmania Peyton? Probably not if he dislikes Tebow. But Elway and Fox are advantages. So is our weak division. Our stud young pass rushers. And we got room to Peyhimaton Monneyng.
We got WRs, and still have room to sign Wayne too. We will get another RB to go with McGahee.....His name is Tim Turbo.....heard of him? 5.4 ypc.

We got fantastic facilities and a great owner.

Peyton likes Denver and has a good friend in Helton.

We have a shot.:coffee:

I think.........

And then theres Klis' two cents........http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20134066/reasons-why-peyton-manning-would-fit-nicely-broncos

Dirk
03-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Not sure if it was posted in another thread but here is a short write up with Denver on the short list.

Has Manning already narrowed his choices? (http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/35140974)

TXBRONC
03-09-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't know where you get the idea that Manning would be oppossed to playing with Marshall. Marvin Harrison was a me first player in fact he's had several receivers that were. It's seems to me it's a non issue.

shank
03-09-2012, 08:40 AM
carrot

SOCALORADO.
03-09-2012, 08:44 AM
I don't know where you get the idea that Manning would be oppossed to playing with Marshall. Marvin Harrison was a me first player in fact he's had several receivers that were. It's seems to me it's a non issue.

I could see alot of players being opposed to playing with Marshall.
Hes a full blown moron.

capt. Jack
03-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I am not to sure about Manning, He was great but I am thinking this could be a bad move. First play of the year he gets blasted, and we have no QB. Plus Tebow will never forget how he was treated, & this will cost the Broncos big bucks if they try to resign him in two years.

Nomad
03-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Just like Joe, Peyton will go to KC to see his career fade away.

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/3/9/2856303/peyton-manning-rumors-kansas-city-chiefs-full-contract-offer-denver-broncos-nfl-2012

Northman
03-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Unfortuantely i would have to agree with Stinky here. Houston would actually make the most sense. The team is on the verge of going over the top with a lot of young and talented players. Obviously, the biggest dilemma is the 3 QB's there. But if Manning wnated a shot at one more ring and a chance to shove it back in the Colts face twice a year Houston could be a very high possibility.

BORDERLINE
03-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Denver IMO would be a good fit for Manning. Solid running game, Solid Defense (Getting There). All that's missing is a QB who throws the ball well (and Manning is more than capable of that).

Miami would have to make a couple of more moves on defense so that's the are where Denver will have an advantage.

BroncoStud
03-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Unfortuantely i would have to agree with Stinky here. Houston would actually make the most sense. The team is on the verge of going over the top with a lot of young and talented players. Obviously, the biggest dilemma is the 3 QB's there. But if Manning wnated a shot at one more ring and a chance to shove it back in the Colts face twice a year Houston could be a very high possibility.

Houston doesn't have a lot of wiggle room with the cap and they have some guys still to resign... Not sure they could actually afford to bring Manning/Wayne in.

catfish
03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
according to Mike Freeman, Manning has concerns about being on the roster with Tebow, but also doesn't want to be seen as the guy who forced Tebow out of town. Also reports that Denver is not interested in trading Tebow even if they get Manning.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/35156658

SOCALORADO.
03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
according to Mike Freeman, Manning has concerns about being on the roster with Tebow, but also doesn't want to be seen as the guy who forced Tebow out of town. Also reports that Denver is not interested in trading Tebow even if they get Manning.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/35156658

Why then trade TT? Hes making chump change, and is a versatile player!
Shoot, how long until TTs contract is up? Anyone know?
Timmy Turbo would become a very helpful player with Manning behind center, make no doubt about that!
He would play alot in all kinds of nightmare formations which would have defenses extemely confused.
I also doubt that Timmy would demand any kind of a trade. I think this would be a win/win for a humble guy who needs to work on his QB skills and bringing in a guy who could take him under his wing and make him better ala Steve Young in SF could only help him, and i think he would know that.
Jeez, if Payaton and Elway cant fix that kid, then no one can!

claymore
03-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Denver “desperately” wants Peyton Manning
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012, 10:12 AM EST

The stakes continue to be raised in the chase for Peyton Manning.

The latest tidbit comes from Peter King of Sports Illustrated and Football Night in America via Twitter, who writes that the Broncos “desperately” want Peyton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/denver-desperately-wants-peyton-manning/

PFT Says that KC already offered him a contract too. Things are heating up!!!

claymore
03-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Timmy Turbo would become a very helpful player with Manning behind center, make no doubt about that!
He would play alot in all kinds of nightmare formations which would have defenses extemely confused.
I also doubt that Timmy would demand any kind of a trade. I think this would be a win/win for a humble guy who needs to work on his QB skills and bringing in a guy who could take him under his wing and make him better ala Steve Young in SF could only help him, and i think he would know that.

You have alot more faith in Mike McCoy than I do. I think he did what he could with Tebow this year, but he isnt about to reinvent some hybrid position.

BeefStew25
03-09-2012, 10:57 AM
In a perfect world, we sign Manning, and Tebow learns from him for a couple of years, and the reason this would work is that Tebow isnt a self absorbed doube bag.

Tebow would immediately become one of the better back ups in the league, which we would need in the event Manning is a lemon.

catfish
03-09-2012, 10:59 AM

I tend to agree, I think it is gooing to come down to Tebow and Peyton having a conversation, Tebow needs to let Peyton know that while I'm sure he is disssapointed in getting bumped he understands why and will support Peyton as the starter. I bet if Peyton could get some assurance of support it wold go a long way....he has never had to bump a starter before(1st time FA). By all accounts he is a really nice guy and might just need support from the team. Don't underestimate the Fox affect too, Fox is a players coach and I think it will go a long way. Peyton has never been jobless before, it is probably a little intimidating(some of his earlier interviews had quotes like"ive never done this before, I don't know how it works") If Denver can present a welcoming atmosphere I think they have a great shot

BeefStew25
03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Long term this could be the best thing ever for Tebow. Man.

Shazam!
03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
I cannot wait for Peyton to sign somewhere else so this all goes away.

BeefStew25
03-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I cannot wait for Peyton to sign somewhere else so this all goes away.

This really doesn't sound like a pipe dream, dude. We have a shot.

catfish
03-09-2012, 11:03 AM
You have alot more faith in Mike McCoy than I do. I think he did what he could with Tebow this year, but he isnt about to reinvent some hybrid position.

If Manning comes here I don't think McCoy will have much input honestly. It has to be a nightmare for him. He had his shot at a head coaching position and now could become a figurehead

BeefStew25
03-09-2012, 11:08 AM
McCoy would become the Maytag repairman.

BroncoStud
03-09-2012, 11:18 AM
You guys actually think we have a shot? This would be the most shocking signing in Broncos history - IMO

BORDERLINE
03-09-2012, 11:28 AM
You guys actually think we have a shot? This would be the most shocking signing in Broncos history - IMO

considering all the teams that threw their names in the hat. I believed the Skins had a shot and the Fins where in it too. But if Manning already scratched the Skins out. That just leaves the Fins but they have an incomplete team. KC looks like a good fit as they sort of mirror the Broncos in a way. But the FO and the coaching staff will play a BIG ROLE in where Manning wants to GO. And Denver holds the advantage there.

BeefStew25
03-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I think the Fins are good, but does Manning want to go head to head vs Brady?

The AFCW is a shit show. He in theory would own the division.

BORDERLINE
03-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I tend to agree, I think it is gooing to come down to Tebow and Peyton having a conversation, Tebow needs to let Peyton know that while I'm sure he is disssapointed in getting bumped he understands why and will support Peyton as the starter. I bet if Peyton could get some assurance of support it wold go a long way....he has never had to bump a starter before(1st time FA). By all accounts he is a really nice guy and might just need support from the team. Don't underestimate the Fox affect too, Fox is a players coach and I think it will go a long way. Peyton has never been jobless before, it is probably a little intimidating(some of his earlier interviews had quotes like"ive never done this before, I don't know how it works") If Denver can present a welcoming atmosphere I think they have a great shot

Having PM under center and TT as weapon X would be incredibly confusing to a defense. And I would love to see how that would play out.

My thing is IF Manning is healthy. This guy can play another 3-4 years in the NFL, maybe even more. Why have Tebow just contribute here and there and not really be involved as much. Can you guys think of any players that are in the Jaguars or Dolphins that we could somehow obtain in a trade? That way we get a starter that will contribute to the team for all offensive plays.

Mercedes Lewis and a 3rd rounder for Tebow?

MJD for Tebow and our first round pick?

I can't think of anyone on the Dolphins except that DE from the CFL the Fins have (his name escapes me)...

What kind of players do you guys believe would be included in a trade?

iLands
03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
What evidence do we have that Manning would help develop Tebow? He sure as hell didn't seem like he helped develop the Colts' backups last year. Obviously though, that proposition is intriguing.

Mercedes Lewis and a 3rd rounder for Tebow?

MJD for Tebow and our first round pick?

I can't think of anyone on the Dolphins except that DE from the CFL the Fins have (his name escapes me)...

What kind of players do you guys believe would be included in a trade?

Both of those trades are awful. The price for a starting QB in this era is a first and a second when the team dealing the QB doesn't have a large commitment.

The Bengals dealt Palmer for a 1st and a 2nd so the Raiders had a shot to win the division. We won the division with our starting QB in his second year of his three year development process.

The Eagles dealt Kolb for a first round pick that panned out and a second. They already had Vick; they didn't have much invested in Kolb at this juncture.

We have two years of development in Tebow. We would be dealing away our starting QB. That is a huge opportunity cost for our team.

Why would we give up two years developing a product and deal him away at a loss?

This discounts all the other factors as well - asses in seats (Less of a factor in Denver, but an intriguing proposition for other franchises), high character player to represent us year-round, and the fact that he currently plays for peanuts (allowing you to spend more to develop a team around him).

Our team loses considerable value with those trade propositions.

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 12:05 PM

I see that too......but the cap room is not there, and they have players to sign as of yet. Important players.

Northman
03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Houston doesn't have a lot of wiggle room with the cap and they have some guys still to resign... Not sure they could actually afford to bring Manning/Wayne in.

Maybe so but techically they dont have to sign Wayne. With Johnson, Walter, and Jones they have a pretty good stable of wideouts who can work with Manning. Again, it depends on what Manning is asking. He's made his money and if he wants a championship (ala Elway) than he may sacrifice a big payday to get another shot at a ring.

SOCALORADO.
03-09-2012, 12:06 PM

Dude, McCoy would have very little to do with the production and offense in DEN with Manning.
Are you kidding me!?!?!?
Its Peyton manning! HE IS THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR SUPREME!!!!
He is arguably the best OC in the NFL right now. He calls all the plays, makes all the audibles, designs the offense etc, etc.
There wont be a problem in utilizing TT. Hes huge, pretty fast, and can run from ANY FORMATION.
Oh, and he can when pressed, play from under center too, which makes for a nightmare situation for opposing defenses.
Talk about wearing down a defense.
I am sure Payaton can find many ways to get TT the ball in open space. as a matter of fact, i guarantee it.
McCoy!?!?! WTF!!?!? McCoy would be thrilled with Manning here! LOL!

HORSEPOWER 56
03-09-2012, 12:07 PM

I don't think we would use Tim like we did with Orton if Manning was on the roster. No gimmicky plays. I agree that there is no reason to trade Tebow if we brought Manning in. Manning is looking at a year or two of play, tops... that's if he has recovered from his injury/surgery and doesn't re-aggravate it. Trading Tebow away would be a bad PR move and not a very smart personnel move because if we sign Manning then trade Tebow, we're right back to where we were with no established starter scraping the bottom of the barrel for another vet or trying to manipulate the draft to find one when Manning hangs them up that for all we know could be soon. I just don't want the Manning thing to turn into a Favre thing every year. Is he retiring? Is he staying? Is he really worth the coin anymore? Who will replace him if he does retire? It screws with the fanbase and the team's ability to work FA and the draft.

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 12:08 PM
This really doesn't sound like a pipe dream, dude. We have a shot.

But thats no reason to put down the pipe dude.......cmon!

;)

SOCALORADO.
03-09-2012, 12:10 PM
What evidence do we have that Manning would help develop Tebow? He sure as hell didn't seem like he helped develop the Colts' backups last year. Obviously though, that proposition is intriguing.

Both of those trades are awful. The price for a starting QB in this era is a first and a second when the team dealing the QB doesn't have a large commitment.

The Bengals dealt Palmer for a 1st and a 2nd so the Raiders had a shot to win the division. We won the division with our starting QB in his second year of his three year development process.

The Eagles dealt Kolb for a first round pick that panned out and a second. They already had Vick; they didn't have much invested in Kolb at this juncture.

We have two years of development in Tebow. We would be dealing away our starting QB. That is a huge opportunity cost for our team.

Why would we give up two years developing a product and deal him away at a loss?

This discounts all the other factors as well - asses in seats (Less of a factor in Denver, but an intriguing proposition for other franchises), high character player to represent us year-round, and the fact that he currently plays for peanuts (allowing you to spend more to develop a team around him).

Our team loses considerable value with those trade propositions.

Wait, didnt PHIL also get Rogers-Cromartie in that Kolb deal too!??!

Northman
03-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Not to me. We've been through it all in terms of "shock" value.

Denver drafts Maddox

Clinton Portis traded for Champ Bailey

Jay Cutler gets traded

When it comes to the Broncos nothing shocks me anymore.

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Maybe so but techically they dont have to sign Wayne. With Johnson, Walter, and Jones they have a pretty good stable of wideouts who can work with Manning. Again, it depends on what Manning is asking. He's made his money and if he wants a championship (ala Elway) than he may sacrifice a big payday to get another shot at a ring.

I know that everyone is talking about Peyton not being particularly concerned about the money........but I believe, (oh crytal ball Warhorse himself) that Peyton has designs going forward the same as John Elway........I think he wants to be an NFL owner or part owner, and the more money he has at the end of his career the better.

Money will be a factor. Perhaps not the biggest factor, but a factor in the decision making process.

SOCALORADO.
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
I don't think we would use Tim like we did with Orton if Manning was on the roster. No gimmicky plays. I agree that there is no reason to trade Tebow if we brought Manning in. Manning is looking at a year or two of play, tops... that's if he has recovered from his injury/surgery and doesn't re-aggravate it. Trading Tebow away would be a bad PR move and not a very smart personnel move because if we sign Manning then trade Tebow, we're right back to where we were with no established starter scraping the bottom of the barrel for another vet or trying to manipulate the draft to find one when Manning hangs them up that for all we know could be soon. I just don't want the Manning thing to turn into a Favre thing every year. Is he retiring? Is he staying? Is he really worth the coin anymore? Who will replace him if he does retire? It screws with the fanbase and the team's ability to work FA and the draft.

I agree, with the not trading TT.
But i disagree with utilizing TT in the offense. He would be a HUGE weapon.
The run game alone would just fricken thrive. The dude is a beast.
Manning would find all kinds of ways to get him the ball.
And if DEn got ahold of a player like Marques Colston too, TT would be even a bigger nightmare considering how much open field that would give Manning to get him the ball underneath in the flats with no one around him.
It would just be fricken ugly for opposing defenses.

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
McCoy would become the Maytag repairman.

Hey Beef.....my 'sources' tell me the Broncs are lookin for a massage therapist with big hands and cool socks...............that sound familiar when you look in the mirror? :beer:

Northman
03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
I know that everyone is talking about Peyton not being particularly concerned about the money........but I believe, (oh crytal ball Warhorse himself) that Peyton has designs going forward the same as John Elway........I think he wants to be an NFL owner or part owner, and the more money he has at the end of his career the better.

Money will be a factor. Perhaps not the biggest factor, but a factor in the decision making process.

Yes, but at the end John actually re-worked his contract so that he could get better players around him. Same with TD. For me personally, i think Manning should do movies. He has comedic value.

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Miami HC said they havent contacted Peyton, that theyve been too busy evaluating draft prospects, etc.

Seems to me if Flynn is a top QB in the league, guess who would know? His former OC/brand new HC?

If Flynn is the real deal......the Phins will go after him over Peyton. Mark it down.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Denver IMO would be a good fit for Manning. Solid running game, Solid Defense (Getting There). All that's missing is a QB who throws the ball well (and Manning is more than capable of that).

Miami would have to make a couple of more moves on defense so that's the are where Denver will have an advantage.

Well when we had a passing QB our running game was 25th ranked. Our running game will drop back down again but not that low.

Slick
03-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Has there been any comments from Dove Valley regarding Manning? I haven't seen anything.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Could you imagine if the Ravens took Manning. Flacco is not amazing, but they have been one of the best teams in league with his average play.

iLands
03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Wait, didnt PHIL also get Rogers-Cromartie in that Kolb deal too!??!

Yes. He was that "first round pick that panned out" which I referred to.

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Has there been any comments from Dove Valley regarding Manning? I haven't seen anything.

A bunch. But its mostly media types........:coffee:

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Could you imagine if the Ravens took Manning. Flacco is not amazing, but they have been one of the best teams in league with his average play.

Not really.

catfish
03-09-2012, 12:35 PM

I can't remember where, but I believe I read that Peyton was looking for the team that would give him the most guaranteed $$, Im sure that is taking into account mitigating factors like other talent on the team

catfish
03-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I agree, with the not trading TT.
But i disagree with utilizing TT in the offense. He would be a HUGE weapon.
The run game alone would just fricken thrive. The dude is a beast.
Manning would find all kinds of ways to get him the ball.
And if DEn got ahold of a player like Marques Colston too, TT would be even a bigger nightmare considering how much open field that would give Manning to get him the ball underneath in the flats with no one around him.
It would just be fricken ugly for opposing defenses.

I am fairly certain Tebow won't play any position other than QB(at least by what he said to Gruden when asked about it), but Peyton has commented in the past about how effective tebow is on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1, even if Peyton is the de-facto OC I can see Tebow packages in certain situations.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 12:40 PM
I am fairly certain Tebow won't play any position other than QB(at least by what he said to Gruden when asked about it), but Peyton has commented in the past about how effective tebow is on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1, even if Peyton is the de-facto OC I can see Tebow packages in certain situations.

I know Tebow is smart. He knows he can learn so much from Manning. I think he would be fine sitting behind him for a year.

SOCALORADO.
03-09-2012, 12:49 PM

TT would play in other packages.
Manning would find all kinds of ways to get him the ball in open space.
Around 15 plays a game, from various formations.
And this would be good for everyone. For TT. For the fans. And for ownership.
It would be awesome. But like night said, he would learn so much in 1 year from
Payaton too.

catfish
03-09-2012, 12:51 PM
I know Tebow is smart. He knows he can learn so much from Manning. I think he would be fine sitting behind him for a year.

I would hope that is his attitude, and I hope they can get Tebow and Manning together so Tim can gve him the "no hard feelings" talk. I think if Tebow was excited to learn from Peyton, and told him as much it would make Denver a very likely target

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 12:51 PM
TT would play in other packages.
Manning would find all kinds of ways to get him the ball in open space.
Around 15 plays a game, from various formations.
And this would be good for everyone. For TT. For the fans. And for ownership.
It would be awesome. But like night said, he would learn so much in 1 year from
Payaton too.

If TT is used I could see him used in "Wildcat" and throwing the ball. But they seemed to try to limit how much he was running last year. Forcing him to stay in pocket longer.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
I would hope that is his attitude, and I hope they can get Tebow and Manning together so Tim can gve him the "no hard feelings" talk. I think if Tebow was excited to learn from Peyton, and told him as much it would make Denver a very likely target

I think TT and Manning are both what you consider "students of the game" always wanting to learn and to improve no matter what. Could you imagine TT learning to watch tape and digest a defense with Manning.

BeefStew25
03-09-2012, 12:57 PM
I didn't realize Tebow was dyslexic.

iLands
03-09-2012, 01:02 PM

Yeah. It's actually a big deal. People always talk about wanting him to eat, drink, and breathe film but it isn't nearly as beneficial as average due to his condition. For better or worse, he is someone who learns best from doing things.

SOCALORADO.
03-09-2012, 01:12 PM
If TT is used I could see him used in "Wildcat" and throwing the ball. But they seemed to try to limit how much he was running last year. Forcing him to stay in pocket longer.

But night, alot of that mentality would change with Manning.
TT would be used in H-back roles, catching in the flats.
And in diamond formations behind Manning with another RB.
Plus TT as a decoy where he never even touches the ball would cause alot
of problems for opposing teams.
However, he wouldnt get the brunt of the work load as a RB/H-back.
No running up the gut unless its in a wildcat formation inside the red zone.
They wouldnt be careless with Timmy.

BroncoJoe
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM

It's a common problem with lefties.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 01:19 PM
But night, alot of that mentality would change with Manning.
TT would be used in H-back roles, catching in the flats.
And in diamond formations behind Manning with another RB.
Plus TT as a decoy where he never even touches the ball would cause alot
of problems for opposing teams.
However, he wouldnt get the brunt of the work load as a RB/H-back.
No running up the gut unless its in a wildcat formation inside the red zone.
They wouldnt be careless with Timmy.

No way. He is not going to be a H-Back, TE or any other position. That is not what he wants to do, nor what EFX said they would do with him. He is a QB. I could see him in the Wildcat, run a few times and then throw deep too.

claymore
03-09-2012, 02:40 PM
If Manning comes here I don't think McCoy will have much input honestly. It has to be a nightmare for him. He had his shot at a head coaching position and now could become a figurehead

Yeah, If we sign manning its going to be Bowlen/Elway asking him... "Ok, now what do YOU want, and how do you want to do it?"

Eff MccOY!

WARHORSE
03-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Tebow is our best third down/goaline back.

Cugel
03-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Peyton Manning insists he's made no decision on his possible NFL destination. (http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/35140974) Sure, Peyton. Sure.

No one in the league believes that. They think Manning has a short list but doesn't want to publicly admit it so he can maximize the inevitable bidding war.

One team official that contacted Manning's agent, Tom Condon, says he got the definite impression that Manning indeed has already decided where he wants to go, or, at least, the handful of teams truly in the mix. The official, who did not want to be identified, believes that Miami, Washington and Denver are the front-runners. One report states Manning has already informed the Redskins he doesn't want to play for them. But the official conceded the front-runner will be the team that, in the end, offers the most guaranteed money.

The official believes that contrary to some reports, Manning is indeed open to playing in the NFC, even in the NFC East where his brother Eli, is obviously king of the division. It's still early in the process but one thing is clear: the Manning derby is fully under way and, despite his public protestations, Manning likely already has a good idea of where he wants to go.

Reality. Manning will go wherever he wants (within reason). And teams will compete to pay him between $25-$30 million a year guaranteed.

Because with Manning you have a shot at the SB every single year. How horrible was Indy all these years when Manning was leading them to the playoffs? They have the #1 overall draft pick the year he sits out! That's a bad team. Period.

Yet Manning made them a contender just by himself. Denver, with a healthy Manning would be a threat to win the AFC Championship.

Yes I know the team has more holes at various positions than Swiss Cheese. He's still that kind of MVP player (if healthy) that it could happen.

Nomad
03-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Redskins are getting RGIII...just read Redskins made a deal with Rams and Jets have extended Sanchez.

Joel
03-10-2012, 02:56 AM
It is hard to imagine a QB who missed all of last season due to an injury many thought would end his career playing behind our line. It is also hard to imagine Peyton is convinced as everyone else seems to be that he can step in and immediately take our overperforming 8-8 team to a Lombardi. He only got ONE with the Colts, guys; as good as he is, Peyton and Eli Manning between them are a testament to the fact a team is more than important than a QB. If I were Peyton Manning, I'd be talking to the Texans, who have not only great pass blocking, but a great TEAM with which to win a championship.

Not saying we won't get him, or that he wouldn't be a great mentor for Tebow (though, honestly, it is hard to see much they have in common; Peyton's not mobile, and Tebow's not a pocket passer.) However, I really do not expect it; I don't think Peyton is dumb enough to not know how important stellar pass blocking has been to him throughout his career. Houston has it and we don't.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Broncos pass pro is just fine when the ball comes out on time and in rhythm, Clady is All-Pro, Kuper is damn good when healthy and Franklin looks like he has a bright future. Ya think teams wanna test Manning the way they test Ortonary and Tebow? As for a Tebow package if Manning signs, if you have Peyton Manning it makes absolutely no sense to take him off the field for a gimmick.

Who cares what this signing would mean to Tim Tebow? Honestly? Hopefully the Broncos don't, I'd hate to think that Tim frekking Tebow cost Denver a chance at a legitimate NFL QB, they don't owe him a damn thing.......

Joel
03-10-2012, 03:36 AM
Clady was far from All Pro last year, though hopefully he bounces back from that nagging injury instead of getting called for holding more than any Broncos tackle I recall since George Foster. Likewise, hopefully Franklin learned a lot and doesn't constantly get beat like he did all last year. Hopefully Kuper's career isn't over, because he was the only lineman in whom I had any faith last year. Beadles and Walton... sigh....

Even if all that weren't true, the Texans offensive line is on a whole other level. Obviously there are other considerations (like the fact the Texans would have been in the AFC Championship with a third string rookie QB if Jacoby Jones hadn't tried but failed to field a punt right in front of his goal line and a Ravens gunner.) However, for a QB who's NEVER been mobile, ALWAYS had stellar protection and nearly saw his career ended by a preseason tackle, pass protection would have to be critical. What signing Peyton would mean to Tebow matters for similar reasons: Manning turns 36 two weeks from today.

Simple Jaded
03-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Clady was far from All Pro last year, though hopefully he bounces back from that nagging injury instead of getting called for holding more than any Broncos tackle I recall since George Foster. Likewise, hopefully Franklin learned a lot and doesn't constantly get beat like he did all last year. Hopefully Kuper's career isn't over, because he was the only lineman in whom I had any faith last year. Beadles and Walton... sigh....

Even if all that weren't true, the Texans offensive line is on a whole other level. Obviously there are other considerations (like the fact the Texans would have been in the AFC Championship with a third string rookie QB if Jacoby Jones hadn't tried but failed to field a punt right in front of his goal line and a Ravens gunner.) However, for a QB who's NEVER been mobile, ALWAYS had stellar protection and nearly saw his career ended by a preseason tackle, pass protection would have to be critical. What signing Peyton would mean to Tebow matters for similar reasons: Manning turns 36 two weeks from today.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself? Aside from Walton and Beadles the Broncos are on par with Texans OL, Houston has nobody as good as Clady and what little Denver lacks can be fixed much easier than it is to fix a pathetic QB situation. Btw, I love that we're nitpicking Ryan Clady in defense of replacing Tim Tebow, absolutely priceless.......

Joel
03-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Are you trying to convince me or yourself? Aside from Walton and Beadles the Broncos are on par with Texans OL, Houston has nobody as good as Clady and what little Denver lacks can be fixed much easier than it is to fix a pathetic QB situation. Btw, I love that we're nitpicking Ryan Clady in defense of replacing Tim Tebow, absolutely priceless.......
Aside from Beadles, Walton and Franklin the Broncos are on par with the Texans IF Kuper's fully recovered from having his foot spun around backwards AND Clady is not constantly holding and/or getting blown by because he's hobbling on a bum leg. Here's hoping our two good linemen return to top form, but Franklin had such a standout year half the comments I see about him are suggesting he take over for Beadles at guard. I'm personally hoping Harris' back can hold up for a whole season and we explore that option, but anyone telling themselves this is a good line is kidding themselves, a luxury Manning cannot afford.