PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Might Not Report To Minicamp In April?

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/25/cutler-might-not-be-at-april-minicamp-after-all/

It has been widely reported that the Broncos have a mandatory minicamp next month, from April 17 through 19, and that quarterback Jay Cutler will attend.

It could be coach Josh McDaniels’ only shot at getting a face-to-face meeting with Cutler absent the involvement of agent Bus Cook.

But there’s a good chance that McDaniels won’t get that chance.

According to Dave Krieger of the Denver Post, the April minicamp isn’t mandatory. And so Cutler isn’t required to attend. And so count on Cook to advise Cutler not to attend.

Even if the camp were mandatory, there’s no guarantee Cutler would attend. Because Cutler received no signing bonus when inking his rookie deal in 2006, the team would have no basis to pursue the recovery of signing bonus money from him if he ditches a mandatory offseason practice.

Under the 2006 revisions to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, only signing bonus money is suspectible to forfeiture in the event of a default. So if Cutler got no bonus money, the only downside to skipping a mandatory camp would be the daily fine for not being there.

Though it might seem incredible that Cutler didn’t receive a signing bonus, it’s a practice that has become very common in contracts given to first-round picks. As the financial packages given to guys taken at the top of round one continue to grow disproportionately in relation to the rookie salary pool (i.e., the total cash allotment available for all rookies in a given year), teams have been forced to abandon signing bonuses in order to maximize the deals given to first-round picks. (It’s a long and boring explanation, so you’ll just have to trust us on this one.)

So, instead, Cutler’s millions came in the form of roster and/or option bonuses, as well as the big-money incentive based on achieving minimum playing time.

Per Krieger, the Broncos’ mandatory minicamp comes in June. Whether Cutler decides to show up remains to be seen.

The only sure thing in this regard is that, if he opts to stay home, it won’t cost nearly as much as it would if he had gotten a multi-million-dollar signing bonus.

This is pure speculation, but I hope McDaniels and Cutler work this thing out before the minicamp so that Jay shows up :salute:

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
:tsk:...leave it for the media and Bus Cook to add fuel to the fire....:tsk:

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11990154

Emphasis on the "voluntary." I'm told the Broncos have set aside dates for six mini-camps, including the first one, April 17-19, when it has been presumed Cutler would have to report. I'm also told their mandatory camp is June 12-14, the last one. That's customary because teams like to get their rosters together before training camp begins.

Shazam!
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I know this is just a rumor but it's pissing me off now. This garbage is ridiculous.

Ya know what then? If this is the case I WANT CUTLER TRADED. I love his talent. His arm makes me cream because this is the kind of QB I've wanted in Denver since Griese got the starting job over Bubby (hard to believe he was to be even considered the starter) in 1999. If Cutler has no desire to become better, show he's a leader, acquainted with McDaniels' system, and be part of the team good friggin' riddance Mr. Potato Head.

This is getting out of hand. Cutler is not the franchise. He isn't even the best athlete on the team (Champ). He is not John Elway. Denver was a whiff from a Super Bowl with Jake friggin' Plummer and a reasonably effective and well-balanced team. Denver will survive and move on if Cutler isn't here anymore. The Broncos have been around before Cutler and even some of us here were even born and they'll move forward. He's a drama queen and I'm starting to really dislike him and his antics. Half the media is speculating on this too making it worse.

Rant over...

dogfish
03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
this is bullshit. . . . :coffee:

just florio stirring more shit around. . . . cutler has said all along that he's going to be there for mandatory activities, and until he appoints florio as his spokeswoman then this is just junk, and deserves to be treated as such. . .

any chance of deleting the thread before people get pissed about nothing?

LoyalSoldier
03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Um yea did anyone forget about this or are we just fueling the anti-Jay sentiment? This was reported by CBS4 in Denver.

Jay Cutler doesn't know if he'll be the Broncos quarterback in 2009, but as long as he is, he plans to show up at Dove Valley when it becomes mandatory.

I was able to communicate with Cutler Monday afternoon. He indicated to me that he still plans to be in Denver for the Broncos mini-camp in April. That's the earliest he's required to report without being in violation of his contract. So far, Cutler has skipped the Broncos voluntary workouts that began a week ago Monday.

Cutler also let me know that he saw parts of Josh McDaniels' interview with the NFL Network on Monday. In that interview, McDaniels stated several times that Cutler is his quarterback and he hopes to keep the lines of communication open to resolve their differences. When asked if he thought the situation was reparable, McDaniels said yes.

Cutler had no comment on McDaniels' interview.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Um yea did anyone forget about this or are we just fueling the anti-Jay sentiment? This was reported by CBS4 in Denver.

That was BEFORE the DP reported that this isnt mandatory. And Jay Cutler, at first, said that he would show up for the Mandatory stuff.

But again, this is just speculation :salute:

ikillz0mbies
03-25-2009, 08:58 PM
So even after McDaniels' interview, Cutler refuses to comment on it? Not a word? Hell, even though McDaniels act of holding up an old Cutler jersey may seem somewhat arrogant, he's trying to repair it. If and when McDaniels and Cutler have that one on one interview, I hope McDaniels can tell Cutler how much Bus Cook is a terrible influence and agent. Cutler needs to dump Cook because Cook does not care at all for Cutler, only the cash.

Buff
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
I like the yellow caution triangle exclamation point thing... Without that, this thread would really suck.

WARHORSE
03-25-2009, 09:01 PM
I know this is just a rumor but it's pissing me off now. This garbage is ridiculous.

Ya know what then? If this is the case I WANT CUTLER TRADED. I love his talent. His arm makes me cream because this is the kind of QB I've wanted in Denver since Griese got the starting job over Bubby (hard to believe he was to be even considered the starter) in 1999. If Cutler has no desire to become better, show he's a leader, acquainted with McDaniels' system, and be part of the team good friggin' riddance Mr. Potato Head.

This is getting out of hand. Cutler is not the franchise. He isn't even the best athlete on the team (Champ). He is not John Elway. Denver was a whiff from a Super Bowl with Jake friggin' Plummer and a reasonably effective and well-balanced team. Denver will survive and move on if Cutler isn't here anymore. The Broncos have been around before Cutler and even some of us here were even born and they'll move forward. He's a drama queen and I'm starting to really dislike him and his antics. Half the media is speculating on this too making it worse.

Rant over...

Rant over............

He said he'll be at all mandatory meetings.

Cutler stays.:salute:

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:02 PM
I like the yellow caution triangle exclamation point thing... Without that, this thread would really suck.

:lol: it was the only way to draw attention to this stupid article with that huge sea of Cutler/McDaniels threads already established in Broncos Talk :laugh:

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Rant over............

that's the point. He said he would be there at all mandatory meetings. But the April Minicamp is NOT mandatory. The only mandatory minicamp is in mid-June

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Florio is one of the people who is hyping this drama up big time..... Im not gonna read anything he has to say on the situation....

slim
03-25-2009, 09:04 PM
that's the point. He said he would be there at all mandatory meetings. But the April Minicamp is NOT mandatory. The only mandatory minicamp is in mid-June

And that is a huge problem...considering how much work needs to be done.

I hope both of these idiots can set their egos aside and get to work.

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Rant over............

So...just out of curiosity...we believe Cutler, but we don't believe McDaniels?

:noidea:

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
And that is a huge problem...considering how much work needs to be done.

I hope both of these idiots can set their egos aside and get to work.

exactly, this offense is going to be very shaky if Jay only comes to mandatory meetings, thats only 3 months to get reps in with a totally new offensive system..... After reading what Mcdaniels has to say the last week Im pretty confident this will be worked out before OTA's in April.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
exactly, this offense is going to be very shaky if Jay only comes to mandatory meetings, thats only 3 months to get reps in with a totally new offensive system..... After reading what Mcdaniels has to say the last week Im pretty confident this will be worked out before OTA's in April.

God i hope so :salute: :salute: :salute:

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:09 PM

Cutler didnt lie to McDaniels about not entertaining any trade ideas...

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Cutler didnt lie to McDaniels about not entertaining any trade ideas...

Again...according to Cutler. Not McDaniels.

So I ask again...

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 09:12 PM

So I ask again...

then what does..... "we showed up to the party to late" mean?

getlynched47

So I ask again...

McDaniels also said at his press conference that he was eager and excited to work with Cutler.

I didnt know that "eager and excited" meant trading away your best player

MOtorboat
then what does..... "we showed up to the party to late mean?"

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to articulate your question better. Who showed up to the party too late? Did I miss something?

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
McDaniels also said at his press conference that he was eager and excited to work with Cutler.

I didnt know that "eager and excited" meant trading away your best player

So...you accept that MAYBE...just MAYBE...he didn't really contemplate it, and that's why Cassel is a Chief, and NOT a Bronco?

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:14 PM
So...you accept that MAYBE...just MAYBE...he didn't really contemplate it, and that's why Cassel is a Chief, and NOT a Bronco?

Cassel isnt a Bronco because McDaniels "showed up to the party late" when he was trying to trade Cutler for McCassel

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Cassel isnt a Bronco because McDaniels "showed up to the party late" when he was trying to trade Cutler for McCassel

I'm sorry. I missed this "quote." Who said it? McDaniels? Bowlen?

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry. I missed this "quote." Who said it? McDaniels? Bowlen?

McDaniels said it in an interview. Give me a sec and I'll try and find the link for you.

Looks like you also showed up late for the party ;)

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:16 PM
McDaniels said it in an interview. Give me a sec and I'll try and find the link for you.

Looks like you also showed up late for the party ;)

I've been out of touch with the interwebs today for various work reasons. This is new to me.

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm sorry, but you're going to have to articulate your question better. Who showed up to the party too late? Did I miss something?

Well you were saying "according to Cutler not Mcdaniels"

Mcdaniels first told Cutler and even the media that all they did was pick up the phone and listen to offers.

But Mcdaniels said in an interview later in the week that "there were discussions but we showed up to the party too late"

That pretty much tells me they werent just taking phone calls... So yes I think Mcdaniels lied to Cutler

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I've been out of touch with the interwebs today for various work reasons. This is new to me.

does it change your perspective? or not really? :lol:

MOtorboat

Mcdaniels first told Cutler and even the media that all they did was pick up the phone and listen to offers.

But Mcdaniels said in an interview later in the week that "there were discussions but we showed up to the party too late"

That pretty much tells me they werent just taking phone calls

Show me the link. Let me know where that came from. I've never seen that.

MOtorboat
does it change your perspective? or not really? :lol:

Only if someone can provide an article or video.

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:19 PM
And I'm still not that concerned.

Shazam!
03-25-2009, 09:20 PM
I read that too Mizz. I'm sure it's here somewhere in the billions of threads and posts. Though it is irrelevent at this point.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Only if someone can provide an article or video.

hold on their chief. I'll try and find it :salute:

fcspikeit
03-25-2009, 09:24 PM

It's all speculation up to this point.. No one knows for sure if either him or Cutler has lied.. So yes, I believe what McDaniels has definitely said.

Let me ask you, If Cutler meets with McDaniels and the 2 get this worked out. Then Cutler gets traded on draft day. Will you or I be able to say McDaniels lied?

Isn't that the point of those on Cutlers side? Mcdaniels doesn't commit to anything so he is never in a position to lie. He said, "Jay is under contract, he is our guy" Do I believe that, yes I do. If he was traded tomorrow he wouldn't be under contract anymore and therefore he wouldn't be our guy.. Would McDaniels have lied? NO... Because he never said he wasn't going to trade Cutler and he never said Cutler would be our guy in the future..

All he said was as of this time, Cutler was our guy. We all know that, he is still on the team. We don't have to believe McDaniels to believe at this time Cutler is our guy...

If you don't agree with this then you will feel McDaniels lied if Cutler gets traded.

TXBRONC
03-25-2009, 09:25 PM
So even after McDaniels' interview, Cutler refuses to comment on it? Not a word? Hell, even though McDaniels act of holding up an old Cutler jersey may seem somewhat arrogant, he's trying to repair it. If and when McDaniels and Cutler have that one on one interview, I hope McDaniels can tell Cutler how much Bus Cook is a terrible influence and agent. Cutler needs to dump Cook because Cook does not care at all for Cutler, only the cash.

For weeks there have been several people who have ranted that Cutler needed to shut.

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:25 PM
hold on their chief. I'll try and find it :salute:

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/03/on-cassel-pats-werent-waiting.html

Is that where you read it?

The quote doesn't exist. Period.

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:27 PM
It's all speculation up to this point.. No one knows for sure if either him or Cutler has lied.. So yes, I believe what McDaniels has definitely said.

Let me ask you, If Cutler meets with McDaniels and the 2 get this worked out. Then Cutler gets traded on draft day. Will you or I be able to say McDaniels lied?

Isn't that the point of those on Cutlers side? Mcdaniels doesn't commit to anything so he is never in a position to lie. He said, "Jay is under contract, he is our guy" Do I believe that, yes I do. If he was traded tomorrow he wouldn't be under contract anymore and therefore he wouldn't be our guy.. Would McDaniels have lied? NO... Because he never said he wasn't going to trade Cutler and he never said Cutler would be our guy in the future..

All he said was as of this time, Cutler was our guy. We all know that, he is still on the team. We don't have to believe McDaniels to believe at this time Cutler is our guy...

If you don't agree with this then you will feel McDaniels lied if Cutler gets traded.

Yes it is speculation. Let me know when he's actually traded. Your posts have been just as childish as Cutler's actions. Until he's ACTUALLY traded, leave it alone, and quit with the borderline-maniacal rants.

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 09:28 PM
No it was an article posted by a legit source....quoting Mcdaniels saying "we showed up to the dance too late" give me a second, I will find it.

TXBRONC
03-25-2009, 09:31 PM

I have hunch Jay will be coming in for the April OTAs.

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:32 PM
No it was an article posted by a legit source....quoting Mcdaniels saying "we showed up to the dance too late" give me a second, I will find it.

Where is it?

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:32 PM
http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/03/on-cassel-pats-werent-waiting.html

yes it does :lol:

there are a lot of people here who are familiar with it. I'm still searching for the link though.

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Paige: Don't destroy franchise
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/19/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

Jay Cutler (Denver Post file photo)Related Articles
Mar 19:
Bowlen challenges agent's claim of meeting with CutlerTrade Cutler? George deal in 1994 provides warningMar 18:
Krieger: Back up, cool off, hold on to CutlerMar 17:
Broncos to wait, but not for longKiszla: It's time to ask the question . . . What if Cutler walks?Mar 16:
McDaniels: I'll take care of itReporting without QBPaige: Nobody wins in this high-stakes gameMcDaniels' big opening statementDraft could yield next QBTalent, drama, agent link Cutler to FavreMar 15:
Cutler to Broncos: Trade meMar 14:
The feuds, the proud, the big scenesGo ahead, trade Jay Cutler! Get rid of him! Really, really punish him by sending him to Detroit! Or, better still, Siberia! Purge the pouter! Kick him to the curb and throw him under the Bus Cook!

But, remember this: Those Jeffs-, Jodys-, Jaspers-, Joshes- come-lately had better study the Broncos' history, or they are doomed to repeat the three-, four- and five-victory seasons.

Two words: Steve Ramsey.

Two more words: Steve Tensi.

Two more words: Steve DeBerg.

Lord, what fools these mortals be! — Billy Shakespeare

To all the mortals inside Broncos Compound and outside Pigeon Valley who are demanding that Cutler be dumped like a load of coal, don't come crying to me after you've made that monumental mistake. Be careful what you wish for. You may get it.

Give me a quarterback who pouts and cares, who is furious and doesn't return phone calls, who wears a Ringo Starr hairstyle, his cap on backward and his shirttail sticking out, who is boastful and remote and who soon will be one of the top five at his position in the NFL.

I'll give you a quarterback who is gracious and affable, who has excellent table manners and wears an Armani suit, who has a smile on his face and a George Hamilton tan on his body, who likes to tweet on his Twitter and show up at your kid's birthday party dressed as a purple dinosaur, and who will be a guy who always plays just good enough to get you beat.

Matt Robinson, traded to the Broncos when he was 25, possessed a pleasant disposition and a nice car. He was an awful quarterback — two touchdowns and 12 interceptions in seven starts — and shuffled off to Buffalo the next season.

People, including a head coach, who haven't lived in Denver for a long time, or aren't old enough to recall the seasons before 1977, may not be aware that the Broncos have suited up 57 quarterbacks since 1960.

There have been 50 — count 'em — 50 different starting quarterbacks for the Broncos in 49 seasons.

The vast majority couldn't play dead.

One ended up living under a bridge.

So, you want to go back to Frank Tripucka, Mickey Slaughter, Max Choboian, Bubby Brister and George "Don't Call Me Bernard" Shaw.

Or the three Steves, Tensi, Ramsey and DeBerg.

Tensi and Ramsey were "retired" by age 29. DeBerg had three winning seasons as a full-time starter.

The first names of three of the Broncos' four best quarterbacks begin with "J" — John, Jake and Jay. The other was Craig Morton. Three of the four played quarterback for the Broncos in 31 postseason games, eight conference championships and six Super Bowls.

Of all the rest, only six played quarterback in postseason games.

Cutler is the best quarterback the Broncos have picked in the collegiate draft. (Don't hand me ex-starters Brian Griese, Tommy Maddox or Mark Herrmann.)

In 1983 the Colts drafted a young, pouting, defiant quarterback who demanded to be traded, and he was sent to Denver. The Colts didn't recover until drafting another great quarterback No. 1 in 1998, Peyton Manning.

In 1991 the Cleveland Browns hired the league's youngest head coach. He feuded with his starting quarterback, Bernie Kosar (who had lifted the Browns to three AFC championship games, only to lose to the Broncos), and eventually replaced him with Vinny Testaverde. Kosar took over for the injured Troy Aikman in the NFC championship and led the Cowboys to the victory. The Browns coach,

Submit Your Question

Post sports columnist Woody Paige fields your questions. Look for Woody's Mailbag every Thursday.
with a 36-44 record, was fired after the 1995 season. Bill Belichick.
Shall we be clear about McJaygate? After the first reports about the trade gone awry surfaced, coach Josh McDaniels told Mike Klis of The Denver Post: "We don't want to trade Jay. We never did. He's our quarterback."

A few days ago McDaniels told Peter King of Sports Illustrated that he did pursue a deal with New England for Matt Cassel, but "I think we were too late to the dance."
This is not a prom. It's pro football.

If I were the coach, I'd fly to Nashville and tell Cutler: "I'm sorry. I made a rookie mistake. You're our quarterback."

But, Josh, and Jeff and Jody and you, go ahead and run Jay out of Our Dusty Old Cowtown, for spite.

Woody Paige: 303-954-1095 or wpaige@denverpost.com

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11945954

cant find Peter Kings article... But this should work...

LoyalSoldier
03-25-2009, 09:34 PM

Actually it isn't a bad idea. The old saying goes "It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

Don't comment if you don't need to or else you could open up a firestorm. Also that article was after the very first interview. It was before the Jersey holding and all.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Paige: Don't destroy franchise
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/19/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

Jay Cutler (Denver Post file photo)Related Articles
Mar 19:
Bowlen challenges agent's claim of meeting with CutlerTrade Cutler? George deal in 1994 provides warningMar 18:
Krieger: Back up, cool off, hold on to CutlerMar 17:
Broncos to wait, but not for longKiszla: It's time to ask the question . . . What if Cutler walks?Mar 16:
McDaniels: I'll take care of itReporting without QBPaige: Nobody wins in this high-stakes gameMcDaniels' big opening statementDraft could yield next QBTalent, drama, agent link Cutler to FavreMar 15:
Cutler to Broncos: Trade meMar 14:
The feuds, the proud, the big scenesGo ahead, trade Jay Cutler! Get rid of him! Really, really punish him by sending him to Detroit! Or, better still, Siberia! Purge the pouter! Kick him to the curb and throw him under the Bus Cook!

But, remember this: Those Jeffs-, Jodys-, Jaspers-, Joshes- come-lately had better study the Broncos' history, or they are doomed to repeat the three-, four- and five-victory seasons.

Two words: Steve Ramsey.

Two more words: Steve Tensi.

Two more words: Steve DeBerg.

Lord, what fools these mortals be! — Billy Shakespeare

To all the mortals inside Broncos Compound and outside Pigeon Valley who are demanding that Cutler be dumped like a load of coal, don't come crying to me after you've made that monumental mistake. Be careful what you wish for. You may get it.

Give me a quarterback who pouts and cares, who is furious and doesn't return phone calls, who wears a Ringo Starr hairstyle, his cap on backward and his shirttail sticking out, who is boastful and remote and who soon will be one of the top five at his position in the NFL.

I'll give you a quarterback who is gracious and affable, who has excellent table manners and wears an Armani suit, who has a smile on his face and a George Hamilton tan on his body, who likes to tweet on his Twitter and show up at your kid's birthday party dressed as a purple dinosaur, and who will be a guy who always plays just good enough to get you beat.

Matt Robinson, traded to the Broncos when he was 25, possessed a pleasant disposition and a nice car. He was an awful quarterback — two touchdowns and 12 interceptions in seven starts — and shuffled off to Buffalo the next season.

People, including a head coach, who haven't lived in Denver for a long time, or aren't old enough to recall the seasons before 1977, may not be aware that the Broncos have suited up 57 quarterbacks since 1960.

There have been 50 — count 'em — 50 different starting quarterbacks for the Broncos in 49 seasons.

The vast majority couldn't play dead.

One ended up living under a bridge.

So, you want to go back to Frank Tripucka, Mickey Slaughter, Max Choboian, Bubby Brister and George "Don't Call Me Bernard" Shaw.

Or the three Steves, Tensi, Ramsey and DeBerg.

Tensi and Ramsey were "retired" by age 29. DeBerg had three winning seasons as a full-time starter.

The first names of three of the Broncos' four best quarterbacks begin with "J" — John, Jake and Jay. The other was Craig Morton. Three of the four played quarterback for the Broncos in 31 postseason games, eight conference championships and six Super Bowls.

Of all the rest, only six played quarterback in postseason games.

Cutler is the best quarterback the Broncos have picked in the collegiate draft. (Don't hand me ex-starters Brian Griese, Tommy Maddox or Mark Herrmann.)

In 1983 the Colts drafted a young, pouting, defiant quarterback who demanded to be traded, and he was sent to Denver. The Colts didn't recover until drafting another great quarterback No. 1 in 1998, Peyton Manning.

In 1991 the Cleveland Browns hired the league's youngest head coach. He feuded with his starting quarterback, Bernie Kosar (who had lifted the Browns to three AFC championship games, only to lose to the Broncos), and eventually replaced him with Vinny Testaverde. Kosar took over for the injured Troy Aikman in the NFC championship and led the Cowboys to the victory. The Browns coach,

Submit Your Question

Post sports columnist Woody Paige fields your questions. Look for Woody's Mailbag every Thursday.
with a 36-44 record, was fired after the 1995 season. Bill Belichick.
Shall we be clear about McJaygate? After the first reports about the trade gone awry surfaced, coach Josh McDaniels told Mike Klis of The Denver Post: "We don't want to trade Jay. We never did. He's our quarterback."

A few days ago McDaniels told Peter King of Sports Illustrated that he did pursue a deal with New England for Matt Cassel, but "I think we were too late to the dance."

If I were the coach, I'd fly to Nashville and tell Cutler: "I'm sorry. I made a rookie mistake. You're our quarterback."

But, Josh, and Jeff and Jody and you, go ahead and run Jay out of Our Dusty Old Cowtown, for spite.

cant find Peter Kings article... But this should work...

good job man. I was having a hard time finding it :lol:

Lonestar
03-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I hope they can get this all worked out/in before the daft cause if they can't we are stuck with this clown/moron (you chose) till next year.. and can't fix the hole he makes till the draft next year.. We need those picks on draft day.. not a year from now..

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:39 PM
I hope they can get this all worked out/in before the daft cause if they can't we are stuck with this clown/moron (you chose) till next year.. and can't fix the hole he makes till the draft next year.. We need those picks on draft day.. not a year from now..

It has already been reported that Broncos arent trading Cutler for just draft picks.

They want a QB if they deal Cutler.

We are all stuck with this clown/moron for at least 4 years. (I'm referring to McDipShit)

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:39 PM
So Peter King reported it...but it wasn't expounded upon or directly attributed. Meanwhile...King said today on nfl.com that:

Eisen: Let's talk Cutler. That's pretty much the word on everybody's street right now. All 32 cities, or what have you, are burning up about Jay Cutler. Word is the Jets are interested. Are the Broncos still resolute in making sure that he stays in Denver?

King: Absolutely so, Rich. I don't think that there's anyway now, or anytime in the next few weeks that Cutler will be traded.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
So Peter King reported it...but it wasn't expounded upon or directly attributed. Meanwhile...King said today on nfl.com that:

Eisen: Let's talk Cutler. That's pretty much the word on everybody's street right now. All 32 cities, or what have you, are burning up about Jay Cutler. Word is the Jets are interested. Are the Broncos still resolute in making sure that he stays in Denver?

King: Absolutely so, Rich. I don't think that there's anyway now, or anytime in the next few weeks that Cutler will be traded.

your point? McDaniels is quoted as saying that he was "late to the party".

hamrob
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
McDipship....admits that he tried to trade Cutler and that it wasn't silly. Read the interview from yesterday....this is from the Horses mouth:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35901

hamrob
03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Point is....McDaniels Lied. He flat out lied (period).

Sure, I hope they kiss and make up and go on to win Superbowls. But, quit making excuses for McDaniels...the guy lied to Cutler.

Listen to the NFL network and get their thoughts on McDaniels. How does "The player" trust "That coach" when he flat out lies to you?

Lonestar
It has already been reported that Broncos arent trading Cutler for just draft picks.

They want a QB if they deal Cutler.

We are all stuck with this clown/moron for at least 4 years. (I'm referring to McDipShit)

Just like every other report an diffenrent one from each reporter every day or in some cases 3 or 4 times a day, if you believe them all your head is gonna explode!!!1

can I watch?

MOtorboat
your point? McDaniels is quoted as saying that he was "late to the party".

Well, let's assess this, shall we. The same reporter that quoted him as saying he was "late to the party," also says he won't be traded. Sorry if I just don't believe the original report.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Just like every other report an diffenrent one from each reporter every day or in some cases 3 or 4 times a day, if you believe them all your head is gonna explode!!!1

can I watch?

the only thing you'll be watching is Cutler quarterbacking this team this season whether you like it or not. period.

Lonestar
Point is....McDaniels Lied. He flat out lied (period)

Sure, I hope they kiss and make up and go on to win Superbowls. But, quit making excuses for McDaniels...the guy lied to Cutler.

Listen to the NFL network and get their thoughts on McDaniels. How does "The player" trust "That coach" when he flat out lies to you?

then the answer it to trade the clown.. get the best value for him.. cause it is not going to work..

Is that what you want or do you want Josh to try????..

EMB6903

also......

http://m.si.com/news/sp/to_nfl_sports/detail/1466971;jsessionid=4C69CAB9907003420584F29ECD8BA51 B.cnnsilive9i

same guy that said this?

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
also......

http://m.si.com/news/sp/to_nfl_sports/detail/1466971;jsessionid=4C69CAB9907003420584F29ECD8BA51 B.cnnsilive9i

same guy that said this?

Yes...let us quote this:

I'll tell you a few nuggets about the election of DeMaurice Smith as the new NFLPA head, but this story has been Don Banks' baby on this site all month, so please give him a read this morning. I'm going to lead with the Cutler story, following two chats I had with Denver coach Josh McDaniels late Sunday night. I got the sense he can't believe it's come to this duel at the OK Corral.

"I would probably be really good for Jay, and I know he would be really good for me,'' McDaniels told me over the phone from Denver. "I think that's the part that's shocking to me.''

Lonestar
03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
the only thing you'll be watching is Cutler quarterbacking this team this season whether you like it or not. period.

If your really believe all the male bovine excrement posted and published then cutler will never play in DEN again except from a visitors lockeroom POV..

if you really believe that I have some ocean front land for sale here out east of town..

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Yes...let us quote this:

^^^ dont know what you are getting at this

Point is Mcdaniels said " there was discussions about aquiring Cassel but we were too late to the dance"

slim
03-25-2009, 09:56 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/jefslo_24/avatar_1500.gif

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:58 PM
^^^ dont know what you are getting at this

Point is Mcdaniels said " there was discussions about aquiring Cassel but we were too late to the dance"

You're right...I have NO idea why you linked the article I quoted to an argument about some statement made to Peter King who's been unbelievably off on this whole thing...

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
You're right...I have NO idea why you linked the article I quoted to an argument about some statement made to Peter King who's been unbelievably off on this whole thing...

ok true, but what were you trying to get at?

That Peter King made up that Mcdaniels said "we were too late to the dance" ?

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
ok true, but what were you trying to get at?

That Peter King made up what that Mcdaniels said "we were too late to the dance" ?

I'm not really sure at this point. That's my point.

slim
03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/jefslo_24/154GM8W1004.jpg

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Peter King might be completely wrong on this... first saying theres no way Cutler lands in Denver then saying He wont be traded.... But dude still has a lot of credibility. I highly doubt he would make up something like that.

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 10:07 PM

This goes a long way to healing things.

Peter King might be completely wrong on this... first saying theres no way Cutler lands in Denver then saying He wont be traded.... But dude still has a lot of credibility. I highly doubt he would make up something like that.

Most people think Mortensen is a complete idiot...just saying. These guys have these "sources" and there's so much pressure to hit on a scoop, that they are going with stories that are completely false.

My point here is that we have McDaniels, himself, saying to camera that he wants to work it out, but we have these "scoop" articles by King, and I'm sorry if I'm finding it hard to believe them.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 10:20 PM

OMG i would totally........damn we arent in the Lounge :(

She's so hot. thanks for that. Name?

slim
03-25-2009, 10:23 PM

I don't remember her name.

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 10:25 PM

Allison Strokke.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Allison Strokke.

stalker :lol: j/k

fcspikeit
03-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes it is speculation. Let me know when he's actually traded. Your posts have been just as childish as Cutler's actions. Until he's ACTUALLY traded, leave it alone, and quit with the borderline-maniacal rants.

I see you didn't answer the question... big surprise :lol:

horsepig
03-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Cutler needs to get his ass to Denver and figure what's up. Christ this guy (McD) has had the most prolific offenses in history the last few years! Jay wants to just say not only no thanks, bur F%$^*k You? Duh!
Is Jay suffering from fear of success? Small highschool, Vandy, no chance of beating the really big (like Phyillis) guys. Get it together dude and lets kick some ASS!

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Cutler needs to get his ass to Denver and figure what's up. Christ this guy (McD) has had the most prolific offenses in history the last few years! Jay wants to just say not only no thanks, bur F%$^*k You? Duh!
Is Jay suffering from fear of success? Small highschool, Vandy, no chance of beating the really big (like Phyillis) guys. Get it together dude and lets kick some ASS!

Jay Cutler doesnt trust liars...and I dont blame him.

I do have to give McD-bag some credit, though, for the last 2 days when he faced the media in back to back days. I think he did a solid job and attempting to gain some of Cutler's trust back.

sneakers
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
He had better....
:tsk:

DenBronx
03-25-2009, 11:59 PM

oh...you must be talking about josh mcdaniels. yeah i think he's a moron too.

Gamechanger
03-26-2009, 12:17 AM
damn these must be what the infamous Cutler vs. Plummer threads must have been like :popcorn:

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 12:24 AM
damn these must be what the infamous Cutler vs. Plummer threads must have been like :popcorn:

pretty close. the jake supporters were the shanny bashers and now they smell blood and want to bash cutler. pretty much all mcd's butt buddies are all the old jake huggers.

they have found a new toy.....:rolleyes:

LoyalSoldier
03-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Welcome to the internet.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 03:43 AM
oh...you must be talking about josh mcdaniels. yeah i think he's a moron too.

NO I'm talking about a moron immature twit QB that needs to have every minute soaking up a new offense/scheme and is more worried about semantics than doing his job..

who should be the leader on/of the team instead of proving to be a Pantie waist..

And you can think what you want about Josh the new Head Coach.. God only knows that last one we had was..:salute:

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 03:53 AM
NO I'm talking about a moron immature twit QB that needs to have every minute soaking up a new offense/scheme and is more worried about semantics than doing his job..

who should be the leader on/of the team instead of proving to be a Pantie waist..

And you can think what you want about Josh the new Head Coach.. God only knows that last one we had was..:salute:

i actually think our qb wants to do his job. see, bowlen promised him the offense would stay in tact after shanahan left. then bates is forced to leave, him and one of his favorite weapons are then publicly announced to be trade bait. then mcdaniels lies about it...still he hasnt really come clean and just said ive made a mistake but no he keeps giving little snyde hints like "we cant predict the future". just tell the guy he IS the future...tell the media what they have been begging to get out of you. just freakin say jay is our future and jay is in no way going to be traded. sounds like a commitment there but he keeps saying "we'll commit to jay if he wants to commit to us." last time i remember jay commited to the broncos when he signed his rookie contract....so dont make him look like the bad guy ...YOU mcd started this crap and YOU need to fix it.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 04:05 AM
i actually think our qb wants to do his job. see, bowlen promised him the offense would stay in tact after shanahan left. then bates is forced to leave, him and one of his favorite weapons are then publicly announced to be trade bait. then mcdaniels lies about it...still he hasnt really come clean and just said ive made a mistake but no he keeps giving little snyde hints like "we cant predict the future". just tell the guy he IS the future...tell the media what they have been begging to get out of you. just freakin say jay is our future and jay is in no way going to be traded. sounds like a commitment there but he keeps saying "we'll commit to jay if he wants to commit to us." last time i remember jay commited to the broncos when he signed his rookie contract....so dont make him look like the bad guy ...YOU mcd started this crap and YOU need to fix it.

let me try and do this in order of your incorrect info listed above..

Pat did not promise the offense would stay intact..
bates left on his own accord was not forced out..
at no time was jay publicly announce he was trade bait.. (by the Broncos)
Josh has nothing to come clean about. he has maintained all the while he will do whatever he feels is best for the team..
he has stated publicly form day one of this fubar by the press jay is OUR QB..
jay has repeatedly stated he would be there for this teamates... car 54 where are you?..
jay has been the bad guy acting like a 13 year old little girl from the onset of this..
not accepting calls from his boss..
not returning calls form the owner..
allowing "source" crap to be cited instead of talking to the press..
refusing to talk one on one to his boss...

If you really feel jay is the Innocent one here, your really naive..

Den21vsBal19
03-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Actually it isn't a bad idea. The old saying goes "It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

Don't comment if you don't need to or else you could open up a firestorm. Also that article was after the very first interview. It was before the Jersey holding and all.
That would have been great advice................................for Jay & Bus :tsk:

In-com-plete
03-26-2009, 07:31 AM

Exactly! And with reports that Cutler is a big drinker and really isn't that smart, I don't know if 3 months is enough time for Cutler to figure out how to throw a 3 yard crossing pattern to Royal.

:rolleyes:

In-com-plete
03-26-2009, 08:11 AM
pretty close. the jake supporters were the shanny bashers and now they smell blood and want to bash cutler. pretty much all mcd's butt buddies are all the old jake huggers.

Not this Jake supporter. I bashed Shanny for making the move to Cutler, but I'm a McD.... basher now.

Like the guys on NFL Network said, you don't dance with your ex-girlfriend, lie and say you didn't dance with her, admit it later, and expect your wife to be ok with it.

Because if I'm the wife, I'm asking for a divorce.

TXBRONC
03-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Exactly! And with reports that Cutler is a big drinker and really isn't that smart, I don't know if 3 months is enough time for Cutler to figure out how to throw a 3 yard crossing pattern to Royal.

The reporter (and I use that term lightly) who put it in her blog that Jay was dumb and a heavy drinker deleted it from her "report" the next day. I wonder why?

atwater27
03-26-2009, 08:39 AM
this is bullshit. . . . :coffee:

just florio stirring more shit around. . . . cutler has said all along that he's going to be there for mandatory activities, and until he appoints florio as his spokeswoman then this is just junk, and deserves to be treated as such. . .

any chance of deleting the thread before people get pissed about nothing?

Mike Florio and PFT is so negative and mean spirited. Even after Shanahan, who he hates is gone, he still has beef with the Broncos. He needs a bitch slap. And I would be happy ti give it.

TXBRONC
03-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Mike Florio and PFT is so negative and mean spirited. Even after Shanahan, who he hates is gone, he still has beef with the Broncos. He needs a bitch slap. And I would be happy ti give it.

Please do. Do you need money for travel expensive?

claymore
03-26-2009, 09:04 AM

I think Mike Florio and DallasChief are the same person.

Rex
03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I think Mike Florio and DallasChief are the same person.

I think you and Bronx are brothers.

Medford Bronco
03-26-2009, 09:25 AM
:tsk:...leave it for the media and Bus Cook to add fuel to the fire....:tsk:

Bus Cook is the root of this problem. He sucks he screwed up the
Favre situation last year and he is trying to do the same.

He wants more $$ for Cutler it would seem and the only way
is to "shoot" Cutler out of Devner.

He is like a Scott Boras, The lowest form on the face of the planet

TXBRONC
03-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Bus Cook is the root of this problem. He sucks he screwed up the
Favre situation last year and he is trying to do the same.

He wants more $$ for Cutler it would seem and the only way
is to "shoot" Cutler out of Devner.

He is like a Scott Boras, The lowest form on the face of the planet

Oh I think Jay will get huge pay raise with Broncos but it wont be this year.

Elevation inc
03-26-2009, 09:37 AM
its wasteless media spin meant to fill in the long boring parts of the off-season....there are false stories with every team every off-season this year it just happens to be our team name in the papers doesnt make 1 ounce of anything any media member said true.

there are only a few things that are fact and actually matter right now. MCD said cutler is our QB in his latest interviews/ Cutler stated he would report for all mandatory camps/and Cutler is under contract. i could care less about the feelings of people involved or he said she said media spin in this case because quite frankly....there is nothing to fret over. Time heals all....

weazel
03-26-2009, 09:42 AM
this is just speculation and really isn't a story. Someone needed 500 words by the deadline, so here it is.

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
let me try and do this in order of your incorrect info listed above..

Actually Pat did promise to Jay the offensive staff would stay intact since they were the 2nd ranked offense in the league. In fact he gave him a raise to prove it. There are several more articles on this ...you can feel free to dig them up.

Broncos Offense-TM- Broncos Dec. 24 - 3:38 pm et
Quote:
Broncos offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates was given a raise and a contract extension after flirting with the University of Tennessee.
Tennessee head coach Lane Kiffin presumably wanted Bates to run the Vols' offense and Bates was reportedly "seriously" considering it, but Denver's offer was too good. Source: NFL.com

Bates was forced out because McD said he was going to call plays...thus leaving no room for Bates....HE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE (Click link)
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/jan/13/broncos-give-bates-ok-talk-raiders/?partner=RSS

What part of "There were several offers on the table and we were too late to the dance" mean to you? The Broncos were in heavy talk with the Bucs AND Det over this but it hadnt got to the Pats yet. It was the Pats that pulled the trigger to fast or this deal would have been done. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...come-too-late/ XANDERS is the one that nixed the offer and nother ever got to Bowlens desk.

Josh has nothing to come clean about. he has maintained all the while he will do whatever he feels is best for the team..

Stop defending him like he is going to be the 45th president. The dude outright lied about it. Where have you been? This is really old news.

Yeah, after a failed trade attempt. He has made it clear that he is OUR QB as long as WE dont TRADE him. I don't blame Jay at all for having no confidence in McD.

jay has repeatedly stated he would be there for this teamates... car 54 where are you?..

For mandatory workouts. http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.broncos.cutler.2.965992.htmlJay Cutler doesn't know if he'll be the Broncos quarterback in 2009, but as long as he is, he plans to show up at Dove Valley when it becomes mandatory.

I was able to communicate with Cutler Monday afternoon. He indicated to me that he still plans to be in Denver for the Broncos mini-camp in April. That's the earliest he's required to report without being in violation of his contract. So far, Cutler has skipped the Broncos voluntary workouts that began a week ago Monday.

jay has been the bad guy acting like a 13 year old little girl from the onset of this..

While I agree with part of this I can see why he would ask for a trade. If you wife wanted to date other guys and yet somehow still commit to you after she completed the act of adultry would you still want to trust her?

McD said 2 days ago on NFL Network that they have been talking on the phone for several days. That is why McD has publicly stated that he has all the confidence that Cutler will remain a Bronco.

The press is just as bad as all of the "source crap" It's pretty much all the same anyway isnt it? After several reports on the same thing your going to have to at some point pick up the phone and call your agent to ask if its true. Cutler didnt even know ANYTHING until he saw it on ESPN. So...there goes the source crap idea.

I suspect this will be happening really soon. After that happens I'm sure a few will find ways to twist what happened after it leaks to the media.

If you really feel jay is the Innocent one here, your really naive..

Jay innocent huh? Well, I don't think he is squeeky clean like you think McD is. It's really funny how Jay has become the scapegoat for all the failures in the Broncos organization. Has your hatred of Mike Shanahan caused you to become blind and have tunnel vision on the topic?

My responses are in RED

Denver27og
03-26-2009, 02:32 PM

florio is very biased... and hes a bitch ass.. some of his write ups are great.. but most are nothing but his speculation and some biased ass opions.. he is why i dont believe everyting on profootball talk.com

Kapaibro
03-26-2009, 02:41 PM
If Jay gets traded, McD won't have lied as he has said all along that no player is untouchable.

TXBRONC
03-26-2009, 02:49 PM
If Jay gets traded, McD won't have lied as he has said all along that no player is untouchable.

In his own words "He's our quarterback period."

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Jay innocent huh? Well, I don't think he is squeeky clean like you think McD is. It's really funny how Jay has become the scapegoat for all the failures in the Broncos organization. Has your hatred of Mike Shanahan caused you to become blind and have tunnel vision on the topic?

My responses are in RED

You have shown nothing other that stories that for the most part have NOT been proven one way or the other..

Because of your hatred for Josh and anything not mikey you refuse to believe actual clips of what happened from the coaches mouth and believe it because your group is so convinced that Josh is the great Satan..

Pat did not give bates a raise mikey did before he was fired.. IIRC and frankly it does not matter because he left on his accord.. he was told that Josh planned on calling the plays and at no time was fired .. if he did not wish to stick around it was HIS decision to leave..

Get over mikey being gone and move on to the fact their is a new sheriff in town.

He has IMO a much better way of handling malcontents than mikey did with his dog house.. He tells the like it is and if they do not change to the will of the new boss, they will be gone.. an adult way of dealing with problems letting them know what is expected and moving on to the next issue..

Like it is in 99% of the real world businesses..

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 03:33 PM
we'll agree to disagree then. i at least have brought out credible sources and not just my own opinions.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 03:48 PM
we'll agree to disagree then. i at least have brought out credible sources and not just my own opinions.

but see, you do not get it..

Unless it is form the horses mouth it is Opinion or the reporters slant or agenda they are in the job of selling papers..

Which mean headlines drive advertising space..

When you see it first hand like Josh has done on NFL network or any of the other shows when it can not be spun well that is factual.. and those are credible sources.. not peter king that heard it the way he wanted to write the story and in some cases they heard it from someone that heard it from someone..

If you can really listen to Josh and not spin it from a "I like mikey" format then perhaps IF you still disagree then prove me wrong.. until then I do not trust the sources..

TXBRONC
03-26-2009, 03:58 PM

Unless it is form the horses mouth it is Opinion or the reporters slant or agenda they are in the job of selling papers..

When you see it first hand like Josh has done on NFL network or any of the other shows when it can not be spun well that is factual.. and those are credible sources.. not peter king that heard it the way he wanted to write the story and in some cases they heard it from someone that heard it from someone..

If you can really listen to Josh and not spin it from a "I like mikey" format then perhaps IF you still disagree then prove me wrong.. until then I do not trust the sources..

Adam Schefter was the first break the story about McDaniels pursuing the trade and he hasn't backed off that point. You've said repeatedly that he's right more times that he's wrong and that because he works for NFLN which is owned by the NFL they have all the inside information or something to that effect.

fcspikeit
03-26-2009, 04:00 PM

You are 100% correct!

He has said that from day 1.. That's why Cutler felt he could still be traded after meeting with McKid..

People want to act like McDaniels has committed to Cutler.. Yet Cutler could still be traded tomorrow. How is that a commitment? You are our guy as long as your on the team is all McDaniels said.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 04:03 PM
You are 100% correct!

He has said that from day 1.. That's why Cutler felt he could still be traded after meeting with McKid..

People want to act like McDaniels has committed to Cutler.. Yet Cutler could still be traded tomorrow. How is that a commitment? You are our guy as long as your on the team is all McDaniels said.

and how can you not want to do what is best for the team? if that means jay is a loin next year are you a bronco fan or a jay fan?

Maybe that is the real deal.. fish or cut bait..

fcspikeit
03-26-2009, 04:04 PM
In his own words "He's our quarterback period."

The FO released statement said that, not McKid. McKid said, "we are NOT trading Jay Cutler" That speaks as of the current time. Not future. If you feel that implies to the future you are reading to much into it. He never said he wouldn't trade Cutler in the future. In fact he said he would trade anyone on the team if he felt it would improve the team..

McDaniels has not committed to Cutler for longer then until he is no longer on the team..

turftoad
03-26-2009, 04:21 PM
and how can you not want to do what is best for the team? if that means jay is a loin next year are you a bronco fan or a jay fan?

So, if Jay stays with the Broncos, are you a Broncos fan or a Patriots fan??

:heh:

:D

fcspikeit
03-26-2009, 04:21 PM

I believe keeping Cutler is best for the team..

Besides that, were have I ever said I didn't want what best for the team? I'm unsure McKid knows whats best for the team..

But Jr you seem to be missing the point.. You go around saying mcKid has committed to Cutler.. Then you agree McDaniels could still trade him if "he" feels it's going to better the team.. So how can you say McKid has committed to Cutler?

I'm not disputing whether or not he should do what best for the team.. I never have. The question is does McDaniels feel keeping Cutler is best for the team? If he said yes, then people could say he lied if he traded Cutler. But he simply hasn't said that..

He talks about Cutler meeting him half way. McDaniels didn't say if he comes in and we work this out he will not be traded. No if anything he has said he could still be traded if he feels it will better the team. So how is McDaniels meeting him half way? Isn't he really just saying commit to the team but we can't commit to you because we don't know what we're going to do in the future?

After all, he has power in the future to say rather Cutler gets traded. By him saying he doesn't know what the future holds, that is also saying he can't say for sure he wont still trade him..

I'm not talking 10 years from now either. He could at least commit to Cutler for next year..

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 05:48 PM
The FO released statement said that, not McKid. McKid said, "we are NOT trading Jay Cutler" That speaks as of the current time. Not future. If you feel that implies to the future you are reading to much into it. He never said he wouldn't trade Cutler in the future. In fact he said he would trade anyone on the team if he felt it would improve the team..

McDaniels has not committed to Cutler for longer then until he is no longer on the team..

how could he commit to jay if he was a loin, pirate or bear?:confused:

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 05:53 PM
So, if Jay stays with the Broncos, are you a Broncos fan or a Patriots fan??

:heh:

:D

what a silly assed question? I've been a bronc fan for more years than you have probably been alive..

Probably come up with a more appropriate name like jaylo for our little girl..

One more pantie waist moron at QB will not stop me..

As for being a NE fans never have never will.

But I do admire what Craft has done there since owning the team.. Only wish it be be so good here.. Perhaps now with some Patriot thinking in Dove valley it will..t

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I believe keeping Cutler is best for the team..

Besides that, were have I ever said I didn't want what best for the team? I'm unsure McKid knows whats best for the team..

But Jr you seem to be missing the point.. You go around saying mcKid has committed to Cutler.. Then you agree McDaniels could still trade him if "he" feels it's going to better the team.. So how can you say McKid has committed to Cutler?

I'm not disputing whether or not he should do what best for the team.. I never have. The question is does McDaniels feel keeping Cutler is best for the team? If he said yes, then people could say he lied if he traded Cutler. But he simply hasn't said that..

He talks about Cutler meeting him half way. McDaniels didn't say if he comes in and we work this out he will not be traded. No if anything he has said he could still be traded if he feels it will better the team. So how is McDaniels meeting him half way? Isn't he really just saying commit to the team but we can't commit to you because we don't know what we're going to do in the future?

After all, he has power in the future to say rather Cutler gets traded. By him saying he doesn't know what the future holds, that is also saying he can't say for sure he wont still trade him..

I'm not talking 10 years from now either. He could at least commit to Cutler for next year..

If Y'all can get off the "he lied" mantra and move on to:
mistakes have been made on both side..
nothing other than what I have seen with my own eyes is a totally credible source

The perhaps there can be a meeting of the minds on cutler..

If the bash Josh folks continue with the he lied crap it is all moot..

I would like to see jay as our QB. Not with a 100 million contract cause frankly he is not worth it NO ONE IS..

Having a rocket arm in the Scheme Josh is going to install will IMHO will make zero difference.. if he will take less and incentives then I will be on board with him being a bronco for a long time.. Just not at 15-20% of the salary structure.. If he is a money hog let him move on and allow us to have a balanced team as we ALL have seen when it is all O and no D..

turftoad
03-26-2009, 06:15 PM
what a silly assed question? I've been a bronc fan for more years than you have probably been alive..

Probably come up with a more appropriate name like jaylo for our little girl..

One more pantie waist moron at QB will not stop me..

As for being a NE fans never have never will.

But I do admire what Craft has done there since owning the team.. Only wish it be be so good here.. Perhaps now with some Patriot thinking in Dove valley it will..t

For 46 years JR ??? :D

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 06:49 PM
For 46 years JR ??? :D

Sep 1960 was my first game and was a fan prior to that from reading the papers.. :salute:

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 07:06 PM

My responses are in RED

JR was just OWNED by DenBronx :salute: :salute:

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 07:27 PM
JR was just OWNED by DenBronx :salute: :salute:

in your dreams only those sipping from the blood of jay can buy into that crap..

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 07:36 PM
in your dreams only those sipping from the blood of jay can buy into that crap..

I dont understand how you believe that everything you say is true and you disregard everybody elses opinion because you think that you are always right.

Let us revisit the post that OWNED you. You gave a list of crap that you say is true. DenBronx made each and every one of your entries on that list look like crap because you did not back up anything.

Actually Pat did promise to Jay the offensive staff would stay intact since they were the 2nd ranked offense in the league. In fact he gave him a raise to prove it. There are several more articles on this ...you can feel free to dig them up.

Broncos Offense-TM- Broncos Dec. 24 - 3:38 pm et
Quote:
Broncos offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates was given a raise and a contract extension after flirting with the University of Tennessee.
Tennessee head coach Lane Kiffin presumably wanted Bates to run the Vols' offense and Bates was reportedly "seriously" considering it, but Denver's offer was too good. Source: NFL.com

Bates was forced out because McD said he was going to call plays...thus leaving no room for Bates....HE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE (Click link)
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...s/?partner=RSS

What part of "There were several offers on the table and we were too late to the dance" mean to you? The Broncos were in heavy talk with the Bucs AND Det over this but it hadnt got to the Pats yet. It was the Pats that pulled the trigger to fast or this deal would have been done. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...come-too-late/ XANDERS is the one that nixed the offer and nother ever got to Bowlens desk.

Stop defending him like he is going to be the 45th president. The dude outright lied about it. Where have you been? This is really old news.

Yeah, after a failed trade attempt. He has made it clear that he is OUR QB as long as WE dont TRADE him. I don't blame Jay at all for having no confidence in McD.

For mandatory workouts. http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.br...965992.htmlJay Cutler doesn't know if he'll be the Broncos quarterback in 2009, but as long as he is, he plans to show up at Dove Valley when it becomes mandatory.

While I agree with part of this I can see why he would ask for a trade. If you wife wanted to date other guys and yet somehow still commit to you after she completed the act of adultry would you still want to trust her?

McD said 2 days ago on NFL Network that they have been talking on the phone for several days. That is why McD has publicly stated that he has all the confidence that Cutler will remain a Bronco.

The press is just as bad as all of the "source crap" It's pretty much all the same anyway isnt it? After several reports on the same thing your going to have to at some point pick up the phone and call your agent to ask if its true. Cutler didnt even know ANYTHING until he saw it on ESPN. So...there goes the source crap idea.

I suspect this will be happening really soon. After that happens I'm sure a few will find ways to twist what happened after it leaks to the media.

I am led to believe that you have a passionate hatred for Jay Cutler. Because any smart person would see that it is Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels' fault that this thing has dragged on.

Stop blaming Cutler for everything :rolleyes:

tubby
03-26-2009, 07:39 PM

Yeah! He was probably drunk anyway!

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
You have shown nothing other that stories that for the most part have NOT been proven one way or the other..

Because of your hatred for Josh and anything not mikey you refuse to believe actual clips of what happened from the coaches mouth and believe it because your group is so convinced that Josh is the great Satan..

Pat did not give bates a raise mikey did before he was fired.. IIRC and frankly it does not matter because he left on his accord.. he was told that Josh planned on calling the plays and at no time was fired .. if he did not wish to stick around it was HIS decision to leave..

Get over mikey being gone and move on to the fact their is a new sheriff in town.

He has IMO a much better way of handling malcontents than mikey did with his dog house.. He tells the like it is and if they do not change to the will of the new boss, they will be gone.. an adult way of dealing with problems letting them know what is expected and moving on to the next issue..

Like it is in 99% of the real world businesses..

I dont understand how you believe that everything you say is true and you disregard everybody elses opinion because you think that you are always right.

Let us revisit the post that OWNED you. You gave a list of crap that you say is true. DenBronx made each and every one of your entries on that list look like crap because you did not back up anything.

I am led to believe that you have a passionate hatred for Jay Cutler. Because any smart person would see that it is Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels' fault that this thing has dragged on.

think again..

And I counter with any smart person would conclude that the only thing you can know for of what happened was what was on NFL network that you could see and hear for your self.. Everything else was a reporter either with an agenda or a "source that" had one..

Now I know that your love for all things jay is all powerful but watch the facts listen to them.. what has come out of Joshes mouth and WHEN Jay come on camera for his take everything else just may not be the whole truth and nothing but the truth..

If after reading the above and and listening to the NFL report not the analysts maybe you'll get it.. and if you do not I could care less.

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 07:50 PM
think again..

And I counter with any smart person would conclude that the only thing you can know for of what happened was what was on NFL network that you could see and hear for your self.. Everything else was a reporter either with an agenda or a "source that" had one..

Now I know that your love for all things jay is all powerful but watch the facts listen to them.. what has come out of Joshes mouth and WHEN Jay come on camera for his take everything else just may not be the whole truth and nothing but the truth..

If after reading the above and and listening to the NFL report not the analysts maybe you'll get it.. and if you do not I could care less.

So everything that comes out of Josh's mouth is fact?

Just give up...its ridiculous that you are fighting FACT and LINKS that people have provided to you :tsk:

BTW i didnt know that you were on a first name basis with your hero McDipShit:coffee:

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 07:53 PM

It might not be, but its all we have to go off of. I prefer to hold the man to his word, and not try to read into it.

If, and that's a BIG if, he's lying, then I'll be pissed about it too, but there's little, to no, proof of him lying to anyone at this point.

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 07:56 PM
It might not be, but its all we have to go off of. I prefer to hold the man to his word, and not try to read into it.

If, and that's a BIG if, he's lying, then I'll be pissed about it too, but there's little, to no, proof of him lying to anyone at this point.

Fair enough, but a lot of posters here have provided a lot of proof. Links to articles from the Denver Post, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, CBS4, etc. I'd take ALL of those sources first before taking what Josh McDaniels says as fact.

This is the guy that said he was excited to work with Jay Cutler when hired. This is the guy that said, when he was busted, that he wasnt trying to trade Cutler. I dunno, he seems very two-faced.

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Fair enough, but a lot of posters here have provided a lot of proof. Links to articles from the Denver Post, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, CBS4, etc. I'd take ALL of those sources first before taking what Josh McDaniels says as fact.

This is the guy that said he was excited to work with Jay Cutler. This is the guy that said, when he was busted, that he wasnt trying to trade Cutler. I dunno, he seems very two-faced.

I guess I don't see any of the statements as being two-faced. Saying that he doesn't want to trade Cutler, and that Cutler's his quarterback, doesn't necessarily contradict the statement that any player can be traded. It just doesn't, no matter how many times people try to say that that's basically saying he's going to be traded.

He HAS to look at every offer put in front of him. Even saying that they were "late to the table," doesn't mean he wanted to trade Cutler, it means that he would have considered the offers, but didn't have time to do it, because the Patriots moved Cassel to Kansas City.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 08:05 PM

Just give up...its ridiculous that you are fighting FACT and LINKS that people have provided to you :tsk:

BTW i didnt know that you were on a first name basis with your hero McDipShit:coffee:

we know that if you watch the NFL that it can not be misconstrued.. can't be altered to form an opinion to suit the reporters agenda..

anything other than seeing it from the horses mouth is not factual..

Now is he telling the Truth, I have no reason to disbelieve him.. I know what is see and then I can make decision on my own based on the fact as I see them.. not based on what a reporter thinks he was saying or meaning...

Now if you want to believe some of the reports that is you business and we will have to agree to disagree.

Now I'm going to be gone for a couple of days so take all the cheap shots you want if it make you feel like a tough guy..

the facts as we know them is we had a camp jay did not attend for himself or his team mates..

we have a camp coming up we will see if he shows for his own knowledge or his teammates..

see Y'all in a few days.. enjoy

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 08:07 PM
I guess I don't see any of the statements as being two-faced. Saying that he doesn't want to trade Cutler, and that Cutler's his quarterback, doesn't necessarily contradict the statement that any player can be traded. It just doesn't, no matter how many times people try to say that that's basically saying he's going to be traded.

He HAS to look at every offer put in front of him. Even saying that they were "late to the table," doesn't mean he wanted to trade Cutler, it means that he would have considered the offers, but didn't have time to do it, because the Patriots moved Cassel to Kansas City.

I understand that he was looking at the offers on the table. But when he was caught, he tried to deny it. Then he goes out publicly and says that he was looking at offers but never considered them. But then there's a quote that quotes McDaniels saying that he was "late to the party", so in fact he was actively trying to get Matt Cassel for Jay Cutler, contrary to what he told Jay and what he told the media a couple of days ago.

I dont see why peole have a hard time accepting the fact that McDaniels was caught lying. That's why I dont put the entire blame on Jay Cutler.

I do commend McDaniels making an effort to fix the mess he started, so Jay Cutler has to do his part.

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 08:09 PM
we know that if you watch the NFL that it can not be misconstrued.. can't be altered to form an opinion to suit the reporters agenda..

anything other than seeing it from the horses mouth is not factual..

Now is he telling the Truth, I have no reason to disbelieve him.. I know what is see and then I can make decision on my own based on the fact as I see them.. not based on what a reporter thinks he was saying or meaning...

Now if you want to believe some of the reports that is you business and we will have to agree to disagree.

Now I'm going to be gone for a couple of days so take all the cheap shots you want if it make you feel like a tough guy..

the facts as we know them is we had a camp jay did not attend for himself or his team mates..

we have a camp coming up we will see if he shows for his own knowledge or his teammates..

see Y'all in a few days.. enjoy

I dont take cheap shots, you do. Remember? I gave my opinion a while back and you told me to "be quiet" and "you dont know anything".

McDaniels was caught in his lie, and quite honestly I believe ESPN, NFL Network, Denver Post, CBS4, and Sports Illustrated before I listen to Josh McDaniels or Jrwiz McDaniels...

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 08:10 PM
But when he was caught, he tried to deny it.

This is the part I dispute. This is the part that is the key piece to the "lying" accusations. This is an inference made from what Cutler assumed, even though Cutler wouldn't talk to the organization until later.

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 08:17 PM
This is the part I dispute. This is the part that is the key piece to the "lying" accusations. This is an inference made from what Cutler assumed, even though Cutler wouldn't talk to the organization until later.

He told Jay that they werent trying to trade him.

Why would Jay Cutler lie about McDipShit saying that? Do you honestly believe that Jay Cutler really wanted this whole mess in the first place?

And then instead of manning up and saying it to Jay's face (from what was relayed from reports), McDaniels made Jay Cutler feel that HE was the one that started this entire controversy.

McDaniels believed that he could talk trades under the table without anybody knowing. He was wrong. Welcome to the life of an NFL Head Coach McD-bag...

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 08:21 PM

When you see it first hand like Josh has done on NFL network or any of the other shows when it can not be spun well that is factual.. and those are credible sources.. not peter king that heard it the way he wanted to write the story and in some cases they heard it from someone that heard it from someone.

do you know or talk to josh mcdaniels personally? would it be better if i personally asked mcdaniels the same questions that all of these reporters have asked him time and time again? will that be the only way you believe it? if thats the case then nothing the media ever says is from the horses mouth.

the last time i checked espn, rocky mountain news and cbs 4 were pretty reliable sources.

Shazam!
03-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the life of an NFL Head Coach McD-bag...

QBs can be traded. Any player can be discussed in a trade. Only a handful of sure-fire HoFers are untradeable. Cutler is not one of them.

NFL Coaching changes are part of the business. New Coaches are free to make whatever personnel changes they want. Cutler should've handled it better initially.

Welcome to the life of an NFL QB Cutlet.

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 08:24 PM
do you know or talk to josh mcdaniels personally? would it be better if i personally asked mcdaniels the same questions that all of these reporters have asked him time and time again? will that be the only way you believe it? if thats the case then nothing the media ever says is from the horses mouth.

I'm convinced he does know "Josh" (as he calls him) personally. Didnt you know? His full legal name is Jrwiz Don Michaelangelo McDaniels :tsk:......that should tell us something.

He believes what McDaniels says to be fact, but he doesnt believe 10+ reports from credible sources like the Denver Post, ESPN, NFL.com, Sports Illustrated, CBS4, etc. That makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 08:26 PM
QBs can be traded. Any player can be discussed in a trade. Only a handful of sure-fire HoFers are untradeable. Cutler is not one of them.

NFL Coaching changes are part of the business. New Coaches are free to make whatever personnel changes they want. Cutler should've handled it better initially.

Welcome to the life of an NFL QB Cutlet.

How is Cutler supposed to handle something in a positive manner initially when he had to get the news from ESPN instead of his own head coaches mouth. Its not a problem that McDipShit was fielding calls and exploring options, its a problem that he tried to hide it at first, then lied about it.

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Do you honestly believe that Jay Cutler really wanted this whole mess in the first place?

Here's where I make my inference...judging by the soap operas that Bus Cook has orchestrated in the past...

Jay's shaky temperament, imo, just helped fuel this whole thing. He doesn't deserve the things he thinks he should get. And saying that no one is tradeable is not saying he will be traded, nor is it lying about what happened.

P.S. This Xavier-Pitt game is one hell of a game...

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Here's where I make my inference...judging by the soap operas that Bus Cook has orchestrated in the past...

Jay's shaky temperament, imo, just helped fuel this whole thing. He doesn't deserve the things he thinks he should get. And saying that no one is tradeable is not saying he will be traded, nor is it lying about what happened.

P.S. This Xavier-Pitt game is one hell of a game...

I'm watching it right now also. STEAL!!! :salute:

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 08:30 PM
How is Cutler supposed to handle something in a positive manner initially when he had to get the news from ESPN instead of his own head coaches mouth. Its not a problem that McDipShit was fielding calls and exploring options, its a problem that he tried to hide it at first, then lied about it.

Again...here's where siding with Cutler is wrong.

There is absolutely NO reason that McDaniels should have to speak to Cutler if he's called about a trade for Cutler. It is not his job to inform Cutler that someone thinks he's good and that they'd like to make an offer for him. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

McDaniels, because that's his real name and not any of these childish nicknames, didn't try to hide anything. I honestly don't even know where that came from.

If he's called by ESPN, or NFL network, whoever it was...he should say, "I haven't heard anything. Let me call Pat or Josh and I will get back with you." That's how the situation is properly handled.

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Again...here's where siding with Cutler is wrong.

There is absolutely NO reason that McDaniels should have to speak to Cutler if he's called about a trade for Cutler. It is not his job to inform Cutler that someone thinks he's good and that they'd like to make an offer for him. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

McDaniels, because that's his real name and not any of these childish nicknames, didn't try to hide anything. I honestly don't even know where that came from.

If he's called by ESPN, or NFL network, whoever it was...he should say, "I haven't heard anything. Let me call Pat or Josh and I will get back with you." That's how the situation is properly handled.

Its not wrong to side with Cutler. However, its wrong to side completely with either Cutler or McDipShit (not childish). I wont deny that Cutler has handled himself poorly, but so has McDaniels.

Who in their right mind tries to trade Jay Cutler for Matt Cassel? That's ridiculous and stupid. I'm sure every other NFL GM or Head Coach looked at McDaniels, rolled their eyes, and said "that is the idiot that tried to trade the Broncos star QB for a one-year wonder."

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Its not wrong to side with Cutler. However, its wrong to side completely with either Cutler or McDipShit (not childish). I wont deny that Cutler has handled himself poorly, but so has McDaniels.

Who in their right mind tries to trade Jay Cutler for Matt Cassel? That's ridiculous and stupid. I'm sure every other NFL GM or Head Coach looked at McDaniels, rolled their eyes, and said "that is the idiot that tried to trade the Broncos star QB for a one-year wonder."

OK. First things first. Calling McDaniels by these stupid nicknames is childish.

Jay Cutler was NOT traded for Matt Cassel, and proof that he was TRYING to trade him for Matt Cassel doesn't exist.

I have not seen one public instance of Josh McDaniels handling himself poorly. Now, in the last few days its become even more apparent that he wants to work this out with Cutler. And rightfully so, Cutler's side is silent, because they've been called out for their actions.

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 08:49 PM
You see the early report from Schefter has the Broncos reporting they decided not to trade him, then from the hourses mouth he says he was too late.

NFL Network sources (Schefter

Cutler upset over potential deals to Detroit, Tampa Bay

There’s one story behind the trade of Matt Cassel to the Chiefs. There’s a whole other story behind that blockbuster story.

While New England and Kansas City were agreeing to Saturday’s trade of Cassel to the Chiefs for the draft’s 34th overall pick, there were more teams in the mix. Detroit, Tampa and Denver were involved in trade talks of their own also tied to Cassel, according to sources in the respective NFL cities.

Tampa approached Denver to try to make a three-way trade that would have sent Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers. The Broncos entertained the notion and pondered it but ultimately decided against it.
Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently. What made it a moot point was that while all Tampa, Detroit and Denver engaged in trade talks with New Engalnd, the Patriots went ahead and dealt Cassel to the Chiefs.

The Broncos firmly maintain that they never intended to trade Cutler, that they were approached to make the trades. But, as of Saturday afternoon, Cutler was angry to hear that his name had been floated in any trade conversations.

Now the Chiefs have Cassel, the Broncos still have Cutler and the Lions and Buccaneers continue their search for quarterbacks in one of the wilder and more complex behind-the-scene dramas the NFL has seen in any recent offseason

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 08:50 PM
So, correct me if I'm wrong here. The Broncos decided against accepting the offer made to them, no?

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 08:52 PM
So, correct me if I'm wrong here. The Broncos decided against accepting the offer made to them, no?

Yes they did but McD admitted he was too late to further the deal. That's why nothing ever came accross Bowlens desk and ultimitely Xanders is the one that stopped McD from trying to further pursue this trade.

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes they did but McD admitted he was too late to further the deal. That's why nothing ever came accross Bowlens desk and ultimitely Xanders is the one that stopped McD from trying to further pursue this trade.

Again, you're making an inference into that statement. It can also be assumed that he came in too late to really consider the deal, so of course he said no. It can be construed that way as well.

Now, you make the step that Xanders nixed the trade and stopped McDaniels from pursuing it. Now, again, correct me if I'm wrong here, but if McDaniels said they were too late to the table to really consider the deal, then how did Xanders stop McDaniels from pursuing the deal any further? That's a contradictory inference. Which one is it? Did Xanders nix the trade talks, or were the Broncos too late?

Way too many hypotheticals to really make any of this true.

Simple Jaded
03-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Considering the limited ability that Denver QB's have had over the past decade, it's amusing to me that Broncos fans would think that a Franchise QB is tradeable.

No team is going to do that, SD isn't trading Phylis, the Giants are trading Eli, Atl won't be trading Ryan.......look no further than GB, the very second Rodgers showed sings of being a franchise QB they signed him to an extension. Same with J-ville and Garrard.

Is Cutler in the Hall of Fame Manning/Brady company? Of course not, but he's shown enough to be mentioned among the best at his position, he's earned the respect of Doogie, the Broncos and their fans.

You guy's believe what you want to believe, but this notion of Cutler being a Franchise QB isn't a figment of his imagination.......and you don't trade Franchise QB's.

If it were a player you liked you'd all be singing a different tune, you're biased.......

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Considering the limited ability that Denver QB's have had over the past decade, it's amusing to me that Broncos fans would think that a Franchise QB is tradeable.

No team is going to do that, SD isn't trading Phylis, the Giants are trading Eli, Atl won't be trading Ryan.......look no further than GB, the very second Rodgers showed sings of being a franchise QB they signed him to an extension. Same with J-ville and Garrard.

Is Cutler in the Hall of Fame Manning/Brady company? Of course not, but he's shown enough to be mentioned among the best at his position, he's earned the respect of Doogie, the Broncos and their fans.

You guy's believe what you want to believe, but this notion of Cutler being a Franchise QB isn't a figment of his imagination.......and you don't trade Franchise QB's.

If it were a player you liked you'd all be singing a different tune, you're biased.......

I love Cutler. I bought his jersey. I want him to a Bronco. I want him to lead this team.

But I'm not going to go inferring ridiculous things into the situation based off speculation.

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Again, you're making an inference into that statement. It can also be assumed that he came in too late to really consider the deal, so of course he said no. It can be construed that way as well.

Now, you make the step that Xanders nixed the trade and stopped McDaniels from pursuing it. Now, again, correct me if I'm wrong here, but if McDaniels said they were too late to the table to really consider the deal, then how did Xanders stop McDaniels from pursuing the deal any further? That's a contradictory inference. Which one is it? Did Xanders nix the trade talks, or were the Broncos too late?

Way too many hypotheticals to really make any of this true.

maybe so MB but there are too many reports to support this. i personally think McD has lied about alot of it. he thought the trade would actually go through and he didnt plan on the consequences of a failed deal. he then lied about it at first only later to come clean. thats why cutler was so upset at first. thats the reason alot of the earlier reports seem to condradict the newer ones.

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 09:06 PM
I love Cutler. I bought his jersey. I want him to a Bronco. I want him to lead this team.

But I'm not going to go inferring ridiculous things into the situation based off speculation.

right, but when all us fans have to go of is bits and pieces from the news then sometimes you have to speculate....at least if your blogging in a bronco forum. i mean its not like i can invite mcd and jay over for a couple a beers and get my own answer. i depend on guys like paige, schefter, ect.

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 09:10 PM
maybe so MB but there are too many reports to support this. i personally think McD has lied about alot of it. he thought the trade would actually go through and he didnt plan on the consequences of a failed deal. he then lied about it at first only later to come clean. thats why cutler was so upset at first. thats the reason alot of the earlier reports seem to condradict the newer ones.

I tend to believe that the newer reports are probably more towards the truth. Why? Because reporters were trying to get the scoop, hoping that Cutler would be traded and they'd be the first to report it.

Meanwhile, McDaniels statements have supported an even-keeled approach to this.

Believe what you want, but until any of it is proven true, which won't happen, I'll take McDaniels at his word...even if Cutler is traded. Because, if you recall correctly, Cutler is the one who asked for a trade now, even though McDaniels and Xanders were saying they didn't want to trade him. (Saying, "any player could be traded," is NOT saying they wanted to trade Cutler. It just isn't.)

Since we're believing reports out there...now Cutler won't respond to the team's advances to fix the relationship, which, if you believe the reports, were basically caused by Cutler's over-reaction to a trade offer made to the Broncos...thus putting the onus on Cutler to actually stop being childish, respond to phone calls and work with McDaniels to make this work. No?

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I tend to believe that the newer reports are probably more towards the truth. Why? Because reporters were trying to get the scoop, hoping that Cutler would be traded and they'd be the first to report it.

Meanwhile, McDaniels statements have supported an even-keeled approach to this.

Believe what you want, but until any of it is proven true, which won't happen, I'll take McDaniels at his word...even if Cutler is traded. Because, if you recall correctly, Cutler is the one who asked for a trade now, even though McDaniels and Xanders were saying they didn't want to trade him. (Saying, "any player could be traded," is NOT saying they wanted to trade Cutler. It just isn't.)

Since we're believing reports out there...now Cutler won't respond to the team's advances to fix the relationship, which, if you believe the reports, were basically caused by Cutler's over-reaction to a trade offer made to the Broncos...thus putting the onus on Cutler to actually stop being childish, respond to phone calls and work with McDaniels to make this work. No?

McD said yesterday on NFL Network that him and Cutler have been talking the past few days about it. I think this will all die down here in the next couple of weeks.

In the mean time...it's still something to talk about until we trade for Peppers right?

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 09:17 PM
McD said him and Cutler have been talking the past few days about it. I think this will all die down here in the next couple of weeks.

In the mean time...it's still something to talk about until we trade for Peppers right?

I've been a little out of touch with the outside world the last few days. If that's true, good. I think our only hope of getting Peppers was sending Cutler to Carolina...

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 09:20 PM
I've been a little out of touch with the outside world the last few days. If that's true, good. I think our only hope of getting Peppers was sending Cutler to Carolina...

or a draft choices. they could use a tight end. rosario started off hot the first couple of weeks then fizzled down. if sheffler is on the block he could ease the pain of sending a higher draft pick. i dont know realistically what they pathers would let him go for. i would imagine a 1st rounder but maybe toss is sheffler then it would only be a 2nd rounder.

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 09:22 PM
or a draft choices.

Possible, but I doubt it.

getlynched47
03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Yuck at the idea of getting Peppers.

He's old, he wants a massive contract, and he wants to play Outer Linebacker in a 3-4. No way...

rcsodak
03-26-2009, 09:53 PM

If defense of McD and the jersey, he was HANDED that jersey, as a promo for the anniversary of the AFL. He had zero influence in what he was given.

rcsodak
03-26-2009, 09:59 PM

That pretty much tells me they werent just taking phone calls... So yes I think Mcdaniels lied to Cutler

Funny that Belicheck says he never spoke with Denver. :coffee:

McD RECEIVED a call from the Viqueens & Bucs...they looked at it...contemplated it....ran the numbers....by the time they realized it wasn't worth it, Cassell was a Chef. SHOULD have been "no harm/no foul".
That's how I see it.

rcsodak
03-26-2009, 10:03 PM

McD said it the day he did his interview with the NFL Network.

MOtorboat
03-26-2009, 10:07 PM
McD said it the day he did his interview with the NFL Network.

As usual...late to the party, but thanks for playing.

rcsodak
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Point is....McDaniels Lied. He flat out lied (period).

Where's "the lie"?

I've NEVER seen where McD said he didn't listen to proposals.

YOU, on the other hand, make it SOUND, like he called teams LOOKING for a trade.

You, sir, are wrong. :coffee:

rcsodak
03-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Allison Strokke.

I know something she could Strokke.

Her pole, sickos!:shocked:

rcsodak
03-26-2009, 10:20 PM

How about not lumping fans into little pigeon holes.

I've alwasy been pro-shanny. I didn't like how Jake was benched, and the job was handed to Cut-n-run'er.

Be better informed when handing out your opine.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 11:59 PM

the last time i checked espn, rocky mountain news and cbs 4 were pretty reliable sources.

with an agenda sell ad space.. the more drama the more viewers the more they can charge..

Believe whatever you want I could care less.

jrelway
03-27-2009, 01:33 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1862/How-to-solve-the-Cutler-mess.html

Cugel
03-27-2009, 01:41 PM

Rant over...

You'll be singing a different tune when the Broncos tank and win 5 games this season without Jay, and he goes on and has success with another team, and then after two losing seasons Bowlen fires McDaniels! :coffee:

Sure "Denver will survive" without Cutler. So do the Detroit Lions "survive."

Denver will eventually win again too. They'll finally find someone half-way decent to play QB and get a mediocre defense together and win some games.

Oh, it'll only take about 3 or 4 years -- or about 1 or 2 years after McDaniels is FIRED! :coffee:

DenBronx
03-27-2009, 01:49 PM
You'll be singing a different tune when the Broncos tank and win 5 games this season without Jay, and he goes on and has success with another team, and then after two losing seasons Bowlen fires McDaniels! :coffee:

Sure "Denver will survive" without Cutler. So do the Detroit Lions "survive."

Denver will eventually win again too. They'll finally find someone half-way decent to play QB and get a mediocre defense together and win some games.

Oh, it'll only take about 3 or 4 years -- or about 1 or 2 years after McDaniels is FIRED! :coffee:

dont you know...mcd wants to win with the game manager and not a game breaker.

Lonestar
03-27-2009, 01:57 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1862/How-to-solve-the-Cutler-mess.html

How to solve the Cutler mess

March 27, 2009 12:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Jay Cutler-Denver Broncos stalemate is the story of the 2009 NFL offseason and was a hot topic at the NFL owners' meeting this week.

ESPN.com spoke with one NFL head coach, a general manager, a player, an executive and an agent about the situation, and got several interesting opinions on how the situation could be resolved so that Cutler, a 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback entering his fourth season, could stay in Denver. Because the situation is sensitive and ongoing, all of the subjects requested anonymity.

AP Photo/File
Fixing the rift between Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler may be easier said than done.
The head coach: The head coach stressed that the NFL is a quarterback's league and the only true way a team can find success is with strong quarterback play. Thus, the coach said it is imperative the Broncos and Cutler come to an accord.

Still, the coach said it is vital that the team doesn't give in to Cutler, instead urging Cutler to get back with the Broncos at the offseason workout program and to fit in with his teammates.

"He's an important player, but it's still about the team," the head coach said. "The team has to let Jay know how important he is, but also, Jay has to realize there are 52 other guys on the team. They all have to find a way to end this and get on with the goal of the season and that is to win. Everyone needs to be on the same page here. Basically, both sides need to drop their issues now and do what best for the team and that's to get together and move on."

The GM: The GM indicated he was shocked to see what has happened in the first two months of the Josh McDaniels era in Denver.

He said he thought the Broncos' decision to hire McDaniels was perfect because of Cutler. McDaniels earned a reputation in New England as an innovative, tough teacher. The GM said he thought Cutler could take the next step in his career under McDaniels.

Now the GM doesn't know what to think. He admitted the issue is a reminder that relationships can be destroyed quickly in the league.

Still, the GM said he believes the situation can be solved because all parties are bright and reasonable. Denver sources have said the team wants to take some time and allow cooler heads to prevail. The GM agrees with that tactic.

"The Broncos can't give up on this," the GM said. "The key is handling your emotions. Both sides have to realize [that] and become nonemotional, which isn't always easy. They have to treat this as business and find a way to move on. Will it be easy? No, I don't think it will. But it has to be figured out."

The player: A former Denver player said he is shocked this problem has occurred after watching Cutler develop under former coach Mike Shanahan.

"It was all built around Jay there and that's the way it should be," the player said. "He is a talented player."

The player believes that this rift isn't beyond repair and that both sides have to trust each other. He said he believes the Denver locker room is not overly worried about the saga or taking sides.

"Guys get used to these sorts of things," the player said. "The new coach has to let Jay know that he is ready to move on and he is ready to work with him and Jay is going to have to get over it. It can work."

The executive: The front-office executive believes that every team must treat its quarterback as special and like a star until the day he is no longer the quarterback.

So, in a sense, the executive said the team needs to make Cutler feel better because the team still wants him to be its quarterback. The executive said it doesn't matter whether Denver initiated the trade-related calls (the Broncos say they didn't and Cutler says they did). What matters most is the future and making Cutler believe that he is wanted.

The executive suggested Denver offer Cutler a contract extension. Cutler has three years remaining on his deal. The executive said the Broncos should make their offer public and if Cutler still isn't satisfied, then the team would know that he doesn't want to be a Bronco. That would put the team in position to move on. If Cutler takes the offer, then the team and Cutler can easily move forward.

"It's all about taking control of the situation," the executive said.

The agent: The agent agrees with the executive. He believes this rift has become an issue of money and that the only way Cutler could remain happy in Denver is with a new deal. He said it doesn't matter that it didn't begin as a contract issue.

The agent said when there are trust issues for players, the only way to regain trust is for the team to offer a new contract that will keep the player in town for the rest of his career.

"The Broncos say they are committed to him," the agent said. "The only way of showing that is to give him a new deal. Jay would be happy and the team would fix this problem with an act of good faith ... but it may be easier said than done."

Surprise surprise surprise

I said follow the money 2.5 weeks ago..

DenBronx
03-27-2009, 02:02 PM
yeah i figured as much. buss cook just seized an opportuniy to make the broncos look bad and get him and jay a new deal. most importantly buss cook is going to get richer because of it.

im not mad about cutler getting a new deal, i just think cutlers agent is a turd.

CoachChaz
03-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Something to ponder. I follow the Eagles almost as much as I follow Denver and one thing that sparks my curiosity is how McNabb handles this stuff.

It seems like every season DMac is rumored in a trade or offers are listened to for him. Then there is always the possibility that Kolb will get his spot. Yet, you never hear McNabb going to the press to complain about and never see his agent requesting a raise. He just takes it in stride and performs.

Another thing i thought about was Champ Bailey. He was traded TO Denver at a time when he was undoubtedly the BEST cornerback in the NFL. Did he complain or get his agent involved?

I guess the point it...Cutler has yet to accomplish anything McNabb has and yet he feels he should be treated better than McNabb and the Bailey deal from the Skins shows that even the best players can be traded at any time if it improves the team.

rcsodak
03-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I understand that he was looking at the offers on the table. But when he was caught, he tried to deny it. Then he goes out publicly and says that he was looking at offers but never considered them. But then there's a quote that quotes McDaniels saying that he was "late to the party", so in fact he was actively trying to get Matt Cassel for Jay Cutler, contrary to what he told Jay and what he told the media a couple of days ago.

I dont see why peole have a hard time accepting the fact that McDaniels was caught lying. That's why I dont put the entire blame on Jay Cutler.

I do commend McDaniels making an effort to fix the mess he started, so Jay Cutler has to do his part.

You're really stuck on that "late for the party" excerpt.

Too bad it can be construed as many ways as this debacle has turns.

Sorry to tell you, but nobody has yet to show that McD CALLED anybody for a trade.

Until then, everything you and your ilk says....

...is pure biased conjecture. :coffee:

rcsodak
03-28-2009, 12:23 PM
As usual...late to the party, but thanks for playing.

Kiss it.:coffee:

fcspikeit
03-28-2009, 01:05 PM
How to solve the Cutler mess

March 27, 2009 12:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Jay Cutler-Denver Broncos stalemate is the story of the 2009 NFL offseason and was a hot topic at the NFL owners' meeting this week.

ESPN.com spoke with one NFL head coach, a general manager, a player, an executive and an agent about the situation, and got several interesting opinions on how the situation could be resolved so that Cutler, a 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback entering his fourth season, could stay in Denver. Because the situation is sensitive and ongoing, all of the subjects requested anonymity.

AP Photo/File
Fixing the rift between Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler may be easier said than done.
The head coach: The head coach stressed that the NFL is a quarterback's league and the only true way a team can find success is with strong quarterback play. Thus, the coach said it is imperative the Broncos and Cutler come to an accord.

Still, the coach said it is vital that the team doesn't give in to Cutler, instead urging Cutler to get back with the Broncos at the offseason workout program and to fit in with his teammates.

"He's an important player, but it's still about the team," the head coach said. "The team has to let Jay know how important he is, but also, Jay has to realize there are 52 other guys on the team. They all have to find a way to end this and get on with the goal of the season and that is to win. Everyone needs to be on the same page here. Basically, both sides need to drop their issues now and do what best for the team and that's to get together and move on."

The GM: The GM indicated he was shocked to see what has happened in the first two months of the Josh McDaniels era in Denver.

He said he thought the Broncos' decision to hire McDaniels was perfect because of Cutler. McDaniels earned a reputation in New England as an innovative, tough teacher. The GM said he thought Cutler could take the next step in his career under McDaniels.

Now the GM doesn't know what to think. He admitted the issue is a reminder that relationships can be destroyed quickly in the league.

Still, the GM said he believes the situation can be solved because all parties are bright and reasonable. Denver sources have said the team wants to take some time and allow cooler heads to prevail. The GM agrees with that tactic.

"The Broncos can't give up on this," the GM said. "The key is handling your emotions. Both sides have to realize [that] and become nonemotional, which isn't always easy. They have to treat this as business and find a way to move on. Will it be easy? No, I don't think it will. But it has to be figured out."

The player: A former Denver player said he is shocked this problem has occurred after watching Cutler develop under former coach Mike Shanahan.

"It was all built around Jay there and that's the way it should be," the player said. "He is a talented player."

The player believes that this rift isn't beyond repair and that both sides have to trust each other. He said he believes the Denver locker room is not overly worried about the saga or taking sides.

"Guys get used to these sorts of things," the player said. "The new coach has to let Jay know that he is ready to move on and he is ready to work with him and Jay is going to have to get over it. It can work."

The executive: The front-office executive believes that every team must treat its quarterback as special and like a star until the day he is no longer the quarterback.

So, in a sense, the executive said the team needs to make Cutler feel better because the team still wants him to be its quarterback. The executive said it doesn't matter whether Denver initiated the trade-related calls (the Broncos say they didn't and Cutler says they did). What matters most is the future and making Cutler believe that he is wanted.

The executive suggested Denver offer Cutler a contract extension. Cutler has three years remaining on his deal. The executive said the Broncos should make their offer public and if Cutler still isn't satisfied, then the team would know that he doesn't want to be a Bronco. That would put the team in position to move on. If Cutler takes the offer, then the team and Cutler can easily move forward.

"It's all about taking control of the situation," the executive said.

The agent: The agent agrees with the executive. He believes this rift has become an issue of money and that the only way Cutler could remain happy in Denver is with a new deal. He said it doesn't matter that it didn't begin as a contract issue.

The agent said when there are trust issues for players, the only way to regain trust is for the team to offer a new contract that will keep the player in town for the rest of his career.

"The Broncos say they are committed to him," the agent said. "The only way of showing that is to give him a new deal. Jay would be happy and the team would fix this problem with an act of good faith ... but it may be easier said than done."

Surprise surprise surprise

I said follow the money 2.5 weeks ago..

So your going to believe Cutlers agent over McDaniels who said they weren't talking contract?

Also did you fail to see the executive suggested Denver offer Cutler a contract, as in that's what he thinks they should do.. I agree with him.. If they are committed to Cutler as they say, they should have no trouble offering him a new deal to prove it... Put your money where your mouth is.. Stop talking and start acting..

I hope Mcdaniels reads this article.. He could learn a thing of two from this executive..

"The executive: The front-office executive believes that every team must treat its quarterback as special and like a star until the day he is no longer the quarterback."

Lonestar
03-28-2009, 01:15 PM
So your going to believe Cutlers agent over McDaniels who said they weren't talking contract?

Also did you fail to see the executive suggested Denver offer Cutler a contract, as in that's what he thinks they should do.. I agree with him.. If they are committed to Cutler as they say, they should have no trouble offering him a new deal to prove it... Put your money where your mouth is.. Stop talking and start acting..

I hope Mcdaniels reads this article.. He could learn a thing of two from this executive..

"The executive: The front-office executive believes that every team must treat its quarterback as special and like a star until the day he is no longer the quarterback."

I think NE FO treated Brady and most likely Cassell with difference because they had earned it and they got contract because they earned it through getting the job done in their scheme..

Something jay through his OWN actions has not proved to Josh, Xanders or Pat at this point..

when jay wants to set down and talk like a MAN to his new head coach and OC and watches film, works on the play book with them like an adult. The leads his team perhaps it is indeed time for a new contract with lots of incentives built in..

But since the punk already has a contract and looks to most everyone in the NFL is not going to live up to his side of it.. IMHO he does not deserve a new one..

BTW any idea who this executive is?

turftoad
03-28-2009, 01:22 PM
I think NE FO treated Brady and most likely Cassell with difference because they had earned it and they got contract because they earned it through getting the job done in their scheme..

Something jay through his OWN actions has not proved to Josh, Xanders or Pat at this point..

when jay wants to set down and talk like a MAN to his new head coach and OC and watches film, works on the play book with them like an adult. The leads his team perhaps it is indeed time for a new contract with lots of incentives built in..

But since the punk already has a contract and looks to most everyone in the NFL is not going to live up to his side of it.. IMHO he does not deserve a new one..

Most everyone in the NFL thinks (with his potential) Cutler is probaly a top 5 QB.
Is he there yet? No. But.......... most think he's going to be a real good one for a long time to come.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-28-2009, 01:28 PM

In more than one article posted on this site, it was stated that Jay had come here, was here for two weeks, was talking with Jay, was studying the new play book, AND THEN THE TRADE BOMB HIT

Lonestar
03-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Most everyone in the NFL thinks (with his potential) Cutler is probaly a top 5 QB.
Is he there yet? No. But.......... most think he's going to be a real good one for a long time to come.

I also think he has a lot of potential but many also though Jeff George did also..

Having a great arm and USING it properly with direction nd purpose may be two different things..

was it mikey whispering in his ear last year go for the gusto or was it dreams of pro bowls and a million dollar incentive that forced all of those balls in to double and triple coverage.. instead of hitting the wide open players..

No one knows for sure..

Will he take direction from Josh properly?

Can he tame his arm down to play a controlled passing game?

Can he read the defense while making adjustments like Brady used to do in NE with this new scheme?..

These are all things IMHO that need to be checked out before a new contract is given and he no longer has any incentive to make it work out here and become a coach killer like George was..

inquiring minds want to know..

Lonestar
03-28-2009, 01:47 PM
In more than one article posted on this site, it was stated that Jay had come here, was here for two weeks, was talking with Jay, was studying the new play book, AND THEN THE TRADE BOMB HIT

but so did the pro bowl when he got a glimpse of the other side of the fence..

He also had a chance to think about would he be happy in a controlled passing game something he was not used to after last years gunslinger of the year award :laugh::laugh:

did he get far enough into the play book to realize he was not up to par for reading defenses and making 3-4 decisions on what to call and who to go to if X happens..

DID cook whisper in his ear now is the time to ask for a new contract..

Carol none of us knows for sure what really happened and how many combinations of the above might have caused him to go ballistic..

if it was a simple reporter asking him about the rumor he heard then jay is IMHO not stable enough to be a long term QB in a highly sophisticated Offensive scheme..

turftoad
03-28-2009, 01:55 PM
but so did the pro bowl when he got a glimpse of the other side of the fence..

He also had a chance to think about would he be happy in a controlled passing game something he was not used to after last years gunslinger of the year award :laugh::laugh:

did he get far enough into the play book to realize he was not up to par for reading defenses and making 3-4 decisions on what to call and who to go to if X happens..

DID cook whisper in his ear now is the time to ask for a new contract..

Carol none of us knows for sure what really happened and how many combinations of the above might have caused him to go ballistic..

if it was a simple reporter asking him about the rumor he heard then jay is IMHO not stable enough to be a long term QB in a highly sophisticated Offensive scheme..

Cutler has the stereotype of a gun slinger sure. But, he didn't call the plays. He didn't play defense. A defense that forced him to play catch up all the time.
We know what Jays record was when the "D" allowed less than 20 points per game.
He has good tools. I think he'll be fine in a new offense, however, it'll take him a while to learn and play within it.

Oh, Shanny offense was fairly sophisticated also and he seemed to learn that OK. The rest of the offense will have to learn it too, not just Jay.

Lonestar
03-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Cutler has the stereotype of a gun slinger sure. But, he didn't call the plays. He didn't play defense. A defense that forced him to play catch up all the time.
We know what Jays record was when the "D" allowed less than 20 points per game.
He has good tools. I think he'll be fine in a new offense, however, it'll take him a while to learn and play within it.

Oh, Shanny offense was fairly sophisticated also and he seemed to learn that OK.

Certainly he did not call the plays but he was the one that chose his own options from what was available within those plays.. he called Marshall's number alot when others were not covered at all.. and instead chose to throw into double to quadruple coverage a few time because HE thought he could make the play.. this type of crap will not fly with a controlled passing game that NE has employed..

so while mikey called the plays it was jays actions that I get worried about..

turftoad
03-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Certainly he did not call the plays but he was the one that chose his own options from what was available within those plays.. he called Marshall's number alot when others were not covered at all.. and instead chose to throw into double to quadruple coverage a few time because HE thought he could make the play.. this type of crap will not fly with a controlled passing game that NE has employed..

so while mikey called the plays it was jays actions that I get worried about..

Agreed. But.............. in a more controlled offense, he'll have his targets pretty much set by the scheme. If not open then they check down.

BroncoJoe
03-28-2009, 02:21 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=589455#post589455

Lonestar
03-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Agreed. But.............. in a more controlled offense, he'll have his targets pretty much set by the scheme. If not open then they check down.

yep not been his strong point or he ignores it either way a potential problem are for jay..

turftoad
03-28-2009, 02:54 PM
yep not been his strong point or he ignores it either way a potential problem are for jay..

Well................. if McD is as good as he thinks he is, he should be able to fix that.

Lonestar
03-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Well................. if McD is as good as he thinks he is, he should be able to fix that.

Yes he should but jay will have to talk to him before teaching can happen..

can we agree on this?

turftoad
03-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Yes he should but jay will have to talk to him before teaching can happen..

can we agree on this?

They have been in contact.

Lets just hope it all works out.

TXBRONC
03-28-2009, 03:27 PM

Exactly. :nod:

getlynched47
03-28-2009, 11:36 PM

my goodness i can't wait until this entire issue gets resolved. Then we can all move on as Bronco fans and start to admire the "GOOD" that McDaniels can do for our team instead of the stupid rookie mistake he made :salute:

fcspikeit
03-29-2009, 02:30 AM

Jr that’s a one sided point of view.. What has Josh proven to Jay through his actions?

Cutler already said he will do what is required of him. He will fulfill his contract. You keep trying to make this out as Jay needs to do his job and fulfill the contract he signed. If it were his job to go to the voluntary workouts, they would be mandatory.

This isn’t about Jay not doing his job, it’s about Jay not going the extra mile.

Somehow this is being seen completely backward. When players come down through the draft, they don’t pick the teams. The teams pick the players, the players are the prize. It is the team’s job to get as many good players as possible. It is the coach’s job to recruit the players, to make them want to play on the team.

Look at free agency, coach’s wine and dine the players they want to sign with them. If Cutler were a FA and McDaniels wanted to sign him, he would go out of his way to make him want to play on this team.. It’s really pretty simple isn’t it? If McDaniels really wants Cutler to be his QB, he will approach the situation the same as he would if Cutler were a FA and he wanted to sell him on signing with his team.

You have to remember, Cutler never asked McDaniels if he could be his QB. He didn’t even get the choice of who drafted him. So who’s job is it to make the other happy? I think this is where we differ the most.. You seem to want to see every player as a backup fighting to get a roster spot. Those guys either work their tails off or they get cut. It is their job to make the coach want them. Cutler is a player team’s want on their roster. He shouldn’t have to prove his worth to McDaniels as those fighting for a roster spot. He shouldn’t have to beg for McDaniels to give him a job. If McDaniels wants him on his team as so many other teams do. He should go out of his way to make Cutler want to play for him. Wouldn’t he want to do that, if he really wanted him on the team?

Who is the prize here, Cutler or McDaniels? Cutler believes he has done enough to prove his worth. There are many other teams who agree with him. Again, why should he have to go the extra mile to prove his worth to a rookie coach? Is it the coach’s job to win over the players or the player’s job to win over the coach?

From what I have gathered from McDaniels, he believes it is the player’s job to win him over. He wont be coaching very long if he keeps that up. There may very well come a time when he has proven himself as a coach. At that time, the players coming in will respect him for his body of work. Right now he hasn’t done anything to just demand respect. It has to go both ways. He has to earn respect before he can just demand it.

At one time Cutler said he was excited to play for Josh. Now what ever Josh did, right or wrong, Cutler doesn’t want to play for him. McDaniels needs to seriously look at the situation and examine what he did to make Cutler not want to play for him. He needs Cutler to want to play for him. Therefore IMO he should go the extra mile to earn Cutler’s respect.

Right now Cutler doesn’t have to do anything more then what he is contractually required to do. He already said he would do that.. If McDaniels wants more from Cutler then what he is required to do, he has to get Cutler to want to do it. Clearly what he has done hasn’t working to this point. If Cutler believes a new contract will be a showing of good faith, McDaniels should push for that if he really wants Cutler to want to play for him.

However, I think this is a dumb time for Cutler to want a new deal. He stands to make more money if he pushed for the new contract next year. That tells me that even though a new deal might be a good showing of faith, this isn’t just about wanting a new deal.

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 02:34 AM
Somehow this is being seen completely backward. When players come down through the draft, they don’t pick the teams. The teams pick the players, the players are the prize. It is the team’s job to get as many good players as possible. It is the coach’s job to recruit the players, to make them want to play on the team.

I'm sorry. I didn't make it past this.

This is a complete and utter farce.

Yes, they select players. Those players are employees for said team.

It is not the coach's job to "recruit the players to make them want to play on the team."

That's college. If you want to go watch college football, be my guest. This is professional football, and that's a stupid argument.

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 02:38 AM
Well, I'm out for the night, but I'm utterly amazed that someone actually believes that crap.

That's laughable, actually.

I'm in utter disbelief.

Have a good night.

fcspikeit
03-29-2009, 02:38 AM
I'm sorry. I didn't make it past this.

This is a complete and utter farce.

Yes, they select players. Those players are employees for said team.

It is not the coach's job to "recruit the players to make them want to play on the team."

That's college. If you want to go watch college football, be my guest. This is professional football, and that's a stupid argument.

So your telling me you don't think coaches recruit the stars of this league to play for them?

fcspikeit
03-29-2009, 02:45 AM
Well, I'm out for the night, but I'm utterly amazed that someone actually believes that crap.

That's laughable, actually.

I'm in utter disbelief.

Have a good night.

Is that supposed to be a contribution to the thread? :lol:

Also, I hope your not self absorbed enough to actually think I need your approval. You don't agree, that's fine, I really couldn't care less one way or the other.. :salute:

Shazam!
03-29-2009, 02:55 AM
FCS, the player conforms to the Coach, not the other way around. Period.

fcspikeit
03-29-2009, 04:53 AM

I never said anything about the players not having to conform to the coach.

I don't feel McDaniels should have to conform to Cutler. I think its pretty self evident the successful coach's set their offensive passing game around what their QB does best. I guess you could call that conforming to a player if you wanted to?

Cutler has to much value in this league and he knows it to kiss McDaniels butt simply because he demands it.. If McDaniels wants Cutler to go the extra mile for him again, he will have to gain back Cutlers respect. That is on him not Cutler.

Cutler only has to do what he is required to do. If McDaniels wants more then that he will have to ask Cutler to give more instead of just demanding/expecting it.. Does that make sense?

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 10:23 AM
So your telling me you don't think coaches recruit the stars of this league to play for them?

In free agency, to some extent. Then its the players job to play for that team they signed a contract for.

Lonestar
03-29-2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/25/cutler-might-not-be-at-april-minicamp-after-all/

This is pure speculation, but I hope McDaniels and Cutler work this thing out before the minicamp so that Jay shows up :salute:

Hmmmmmmmm when it suits your agenda it is only speculation.

But when does suit your agenda it is gospel.

Way to cherry pick.

Lonestar
03-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Players get drafted. Have an option to sign contract or not. Ife they sign then they belong to that team and are expected to attend TEAM functions and speak with coaches.

Now I get it that this past camp was not mandatory.

But since jay is such a team player his actions are not only setting himself back in learning the scheme but they are hurting the TEAM. BIG TIME.

I'm just not sure why any of the jay walks on water crowd thniks everyone but jay are the bad guy.

Why this is so endearing

Josh has gone out of his way on TV telling the world Jay is his QB.

What has jay done since.

BroncoJoe
03-29-2009, 11:33 AM
... Jay walks ...

l.o.l.

rcsodak
03-29-2009, 12:14 PM

I think the smartest thing McD could do, is tell cut-n-run'er that he'll use the '09 season as a barometer of Jay's cohesiveness with the Offense, and the team. If he plays great, and is a TEAM PLAYER, as he says he wants to be, then they'll discuss his contract extension.

If cut-n-run'er rebuffs him, it clearly shows he's either afraid of learning the new system, and/or wants more money NOW!

rcsodak
03-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I never said anything about the players not having to conform to the coach.

I don't feel McDaniels should have to conform to Cutler. I think its pretty self evident the successful coach's set their offensive passing game around what their QB does best. I guess you could call that conforming to a player if you wanted to?

Cutler has to much value in this league and he knows it to kiss McDaniels butt simply because he demands it.. If McDaniels wants Cutler to go the extra mile for him again, he will have to gain back Cutlers respect. That is on him not Cutler.

Cutler only has to do what he is required to do. If McDaniels wants more then that he will have to ask Cutler to give more instead of just demanding/expecting it.. Does that make sense?

The NFL isn't a democracy. The player is an EMPLOYEE of the team. The player is under a CONTRACT. The player is receiving (handsome) enumeration for his work.

If said player doesn't commit to the team, and play to his abilities, he's being insubordinate, and at the behest of the team, is subject to discipline.

No different than anywhere else, really. (other than the pay)

To say that the coach has to cowtow to the player's 'feelings', or dedication, is saying you believe "the tails wags the dog".

When has THAT ever been successful?

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I think the smartest thing McD could do, is tell cut-n-run'er that he'll use the '09 season as a barometer of Jay's cohesiveness with the Offense, and the team. If he plays great, and is a TEAM PLAYER, as he says he wants to be, then they'll discuss his contract extension.

If cut-n-run'er rebuffs him, it clearly shows he's either afraid of learning the new system, and/or wants more money NOW!

Not to mention that McDaniels comes from the Belichick/Parcells coaching tree, and they don't coddle anyone.

BroncoJoe
03-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know of a site where you can look at points off of turnovers? I'd love to review that statistic.

getlynched47
03-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Yeah but the rookie head coach needs to earn the respect of his players. He isnt going to just get it right off the bat because he's never proven anything as a head coach. Alienating your best player (Cutler) and getting rid of a locker room favorite (Mike Leach) for no reason is NOT the way you earn respect from your players

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah but the rookie head coach needs to earn the respect of his players. He isnt going to just get it right off the bat because he's never proven anything as a head coach. Alienating your best player (Cutler) and getting rid of a locker room favorite (Mike Leach) for no reason is NOT the way you earn respect from your players

His job isn't to coddle players. It is to win football games. I'll judge him after a year or two, rather than condemn him for something that didn't happen (trading Cutler for Cassel.) I'm sorry, but I think its stupid to think HE has to earn the respect of the players. Its the other way around. He's the boss.

Lonestar
03-29-2009, 01:56 PM
His job isn't to coddle players. It is to win football games. I'll judge him after a year or two, rather than condemn him for something that didn't happen (trading Cutler for Cassel.) I'm sorry, but I think its stupid to think HE has to earn the respect of the players. Its the other way around. He's the boss.

guess when you have never worked before some folks have a respect for the boss issue..:laugh:

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 02:05 PM
guess when you have never worked before some folks have a respect for the boss issue..:laugh:

I don't think that's a very fair thing to say, at all. I have no idea where and what GL has done or not. This isn't an age thing. Don't make it one.

getlynched47
03-29-2009, 02:10 PM

Not so much :coffee:

Elevation inc
03-29-2009, 02:35 PM

you right he is, but he is an unproven boss. even shanny after 15 years still had to earn the respect of his new players. its called life....nothing is just given for free even if you are put in charge....you can think that way, but ultimaetly its your players that play a very big part in how long you hold the job.....

if your players dont respect you, you wont go very far.

LoyalSoldier
03-29-2009, 03:13 PM

A leader can not lead if no one wishes to follow.

If every player on the team hates the coach no one is going to listen to him. The coach needs the respect of the players as much as the players need the respect of the coach.

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 03:25 PM

If every player on the team hates the coach no one is going to listen to him. The coach needs the respect of the players as much as the players need the respect of the coach.

Thus far, I've only seen one crybaby.

Over-stating things a little, are we?

LoyalSoldier
03-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Thus far, I've only seen one crybaby.

Over-stating things a little, are we?

Yes we have only seen one, but that also doesn't mean that there aren't more people who don't trust him.

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes we have only seen one, but that also doesn't mean that there aren't more people who don't trust him.

So we're assuming the worst?

Watchthemiddle
03-29-2009, 03:50 PM

Sounds like there have been quite of few players that respect the coach this off season by choosing to come play for him in Denver. I seriously doubt that B Dawkins, an all pro and potential HOF'er would have come here if he didn't have "respect" for the HC.

So far its been written and accounted for that only ONE player doesn't respect him or care for him. That player has maturity issues that we all knew about before this issue came about so by this player not having respect for McD is really not a surprise to me and shouldn't be to anyone.

I agree that HC's need to earn respect, but maybe by some seasoned Vets who have also had to earn respect while in the league and are now highly respected league wide. Cutler is not even close to that status yet......and at this rate will never be to that status.

Lonestar
03-29-2009, 03:51 PM

don't you know the sky is falling..

LoyalSoldier
03-29-2009, 04:20 PM

I am not assuming anything. I am simply stating that we have no idea what the players think because we aren't freaking psychic. The only one we know for sure has had problems with the coach is Jay. It is stupid to assume everyone hates him or that no one hates him.

I just know what it is like to work at the place where everyone hates the boss.

Lonestar
03-29-2009, 04:23 PM
I am not assuming anything. I am simply stating that we have no idea what the players think because we aren't psychic.

nor should we assume, the reporters were dead on in what they had to write..

there is a lot of guilt to pass around..

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I am not assuming anything. I am simply stating that we have no idea what the players think because we aren't freaking psychic. The only one we know for sure has had problems with the coach is Jay.

Then why even respond to my post. By responding you're insinuating that other players are upset. No?

A gross assumption.

LoyalSoldier
03-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Then why even respond to my post. By responding you're insinuating that other players are upset. No?

A gross assumption.

The first post I quoted said the coach doesn't need the player's respect and I replied that he does need the respect. You then made the assumption that I was saying more players were against McD. You are trying to pull hidden meanings that aren't there.

So you were the one who brought us down this path. Don't look at me for simply pointing out that we have no idea what is going on in the locker room. It could be a 50/50 split or it could be that the players don't care.

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 04:32 PM

That was the original post.

You are insinuating that everyone on the team hates the coach, no?

I'd rather not re-hash all of this...but, do you have a point?

My point remains. And the point was not that the coach doesn't need the respect of the players, but rather its the job of the players to earn the coach's respect and in turn he then respects them.

I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

spikerman
03-29-2009, 04:32 PM
I hate posting this, but some guy on mania is saying he just landed at DIA and Jay Cutler was on his flight. He said that when he got off the plane people were asking him if he was here for "camp" and he said "yes". Take it for what it's worth.

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 04:38 PM
I hate posting this, but some guy on mania is saying he just landed at DIA and Jay Cutler was on his flight. He said that when he got off the plane people were asking him if he was here for "camp" and he said "yes". Take it for what it's worth.

He better be.

It's his job.

Some people have a hard time comprehending job responsibilities around here. :rolleyes:

LoyalSoldier
03-29-2009, 04:58 PM
That was the original post.

You are insinuating that everyone on the team hates the coach, no?

I'd rather not re-hash all of this...but, do you have a point?

My point remains. And the point was not that the coach doesn't need the respect of the players, but rather its the job of the players to earn the coach's respect and in turn he then respects them.

I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Once again you are putting words into my mouth and making assumptions to suit your own purposes.

My statement was a general statement of truth not a claim of disorder in the locker room. Reading comprehension is your friend. A Captain can not run a ship if the crew is in mutiny. Likewise if everyone in the locker room were to hate the coach then the team wouldn't go much of anywhere because they can't get along.

Like I said the coach has to have the players respect as much as the players need the coaches respect. So it is important for the players to be able to trust the coach.

MOtorboat
03-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Once again you are putting words into my mouth and making assumptions to suit your own purposes.

My statement was a general statement of truth not a claim of disorder in the locker room. A Captain can not run a ship if the crew is in mutiny. Likewise if everyone in the locker room were to hate the coach then the team wouldn't go much of anywhere because they can't get along.

Like I said the coach has to have the players respect as much as the players need the coaches respect. So it is important for the players to be able to trust the coach.

Right...:rolleyes:

You make a broad statement like that and assume no one is going to read into it...

lol.

Instead of backtracking on hypothetical arguments, let's talk about reality.

How many players have spoken out about this?

LoyalSoldier
03-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Right...:rolleyes:

You make a broad statement like that and assume no one is going to read into it...

lol.

Hey just because you can't avoid doing that doesn't mean everyone else can't.

I replied to your post which said

I'm sorry, but I think its stupid to think HE has to earn the respect of the players. To which I gave a broad statement because I disagree what you said there. I AM NOT MAKING A DAMN STATEMENT ABOUT THE STATE OF THE LOCKER ROOM! This was a disagreement in the philosophy that a coach doesn't need to give a damn about this players.

Instead of backtracking on hypothetical arguments, let's talk about reality.

How many players have spoken out about this?

And let's talk about this in reality. How do we know what the players are thinking? We have no clue. They can all be behind McDaniels and calling Cutler a baby or they could be holding a grudge against McDaniels.

The fact of the matter is WE DON'T KNOW! I have said that again and again. It is pointless speculation to assume that all of them are in favor of one side of this mess or the other. The only facts we have right now is that Jay has a problem with the coach.

Devilspawn
03-29-2009, 05:20 PM
April Fools joke, thread deleted.

spikerman
03-29-2009, 05:31 PM
April Fools joke, thread deleted.

yeah, I saw that and that's why I was hesitant to post it. I rarely trust those things (especially without links). It was my bad. I shouldn't have relayed it.

Devilspawn
03-29-2009, 06:20 PM
yeah, I saw that and that's why I was hesitant to post it. I rarely trust those things (especially without links). It was my bad. I shouldn't have relayed it.
I wanted to post about the thread starter, who I got into a comical argument with a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to contribute to the thread.

Simple solutiuon: Rumor Forum. This site doesn't need it because it's small, but a site like that needs one to stop nonsense like that. It's the biggest thing I like about the Raiders site, if something like that is posted in GD, the mods move it to the rumor mill.

I'd suggest it over there, but I enjoy the chaos. :elefant:

Lonestar
03-29-2009, 09:06 PM
I hate posting this, but some guy on mania is saying he just landed at DIA and Jay Cutler was on his flight. He said that when he got off the plane people were asking him if he was here for "camp" and he said "yes". Take it for what it's worth.aprils fools>>>>

Lonestar
03-29-2009, 09:09 PM

way to many people went into orgasmic delight upon reading it.. will take them days to get back to normal...

rcsodak
03-29-2009, 10:15 PM

LMAO!

I'd venture to say that if Mr Bowlen sees the players half-assing it on the field, he'll do one better, and cut their stupid asses!!!!

He has a vested interest in making sure McD has the tools he needs, to succeed. He made that clear when he replace Shanny with him.

You sure do have a bloated opinion of what NFL players can get away with. :lol:

I'd say the Players better earn McD's respect, seeing how he's the one deciding on who stays and who doesn't.

omac
03-29-2009, 10:31 PM
LMAO!

I'd venture to say that if Mr Bowlen sees the players half-assing it on the field, he'll do one better, and cut their stupid asses!!!!

He has a vested interest in making sure McD has the tools he needs, to succeed. He made that clear when he replace Shanny with him.

You sure do have a bloated opinion of what NFL players can get away with. :lol:

I'd say the Players better earn McD's respect, seeing how he's the one deciding on who stays and who doesn't.

Petrino had exactly the same philosophy with the Falcons, and he, too, was a first time NFL head coach.

rcsodak
03-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Petrino had exactly the same philosophy with the Falcons, and he, too, was a first time NFL head coach.

Great.....now McD=Petrino. :tsk:

One small difference, though, is BP came from the college ranks. I'd venture to say that McD, through his time with Bellychuck, has learned a thing or two about how the NFL operates these days.

getlynched47
03-29-2009, 11:38 PM
don't you know the sky is falling..

So I've heard from you posting the exact same thing 100 times already :coffee:

Lonestar
03-30-2009, 01:35 AM
So I've heard from you posting the exact same thing 100 times already :coffee:

I guess it does not stop you from commenting on it either.. almost feels like your following me around.. why is that?

the fact is most of all of this is "chicken little" whining about how badly poor jay has been treated..

So when I see it I call it like it is..

rcsodak
03-30-2009, 09:28 PM
I guess it does not stop you from commenting on it either.. almost feels like your following me around.. why is that?

the fact is most of all of this is "chicken little" whining about how badly poor jay has been treated..

So when I see it I call it like it is..

You have an admirerererer or a stalkerererer? :lol: