PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen Rumor..

JONtheBRONCO
03-25-2009, 07:47 PM
This probably doesn't deserve it's own thread, but I didn't want anyone to accidently look this over in another thread.. Yeah, it's just a rumor, but, it's what a lot of us have been waiting/wanting to hear.

According to the SF Chronicle, "word is" Broncos owner Pat Bowlen will overrule Josh McDaniels and force the coach to "make nice" with Jay Cutler.

We've seen no evidence of this yet, but the asking price for Cutler in a trade is "supposedly very high" and it would be a mistake to let him go. No matter how bad McDaniels wants to make his mark in his first few months as coach.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

bcbronc
03-25-2009, 07:58 PM
nice move Pat! wait until it's looking like things are beginning to settle down and Jay's return is just a matter of time, and then lay down the hammer!

Pat, showing he's da man in control!

(in reality, I call BS on this)

Superchop 7
03-25-2009, 08:13 PM
He must have sobered up.

Get a pair Pat !

That kid of yours is pissing on your fans.

underrated29
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
As long as Jay is back and here longterm i dont give two shyts who caves first or lays down the hammer.

honz
03-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Isn't the SF Chronicle the same guys that reported multiple times that we had signed Brian Dawkins when he hadn't even made it in to town yet? I mean we ended up signing him, but they were obviously reporting some bogus info from inside sources.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Pat Bowlen runs the show :rolleyes:

WARHORSE
03-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Pat Bowlen runs the show :rolleyes:

And its been POORLY run lately.

omac
03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Isn't the SF Chronicle the same guys that reported multiple times that we had signed Brian Dawkins when he hadn't even made it in to town yet? I mean we ended up signing him, but they were obviously reporting some bogus info from inside sources.

I'm not sure I understand; if they were saying we were getting Dawkins before it happened, then it happened, wasn't their inside sources correct?

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
And its been POORLY run lately.

I know :laugh:

Patty should've said "I run the show.......until I hire a new head coach"

honz
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure I understand; if they were saying we were getting Dawkins before it happened, then it happened, wasn't their inside sources correct?

They said he had signed more than a full day before he actually signed. He wasn't even in Denver yet for his visit...if it was in fact them, I'd say they are a maybe a little loose when it comes to rumors.

Buff
03-25-2009, 08:57 PM
They said he had signed more than a full day before he actually signed. He wasn't even in Denver yet for his visit...if it was in fact them, I'd say they are a maybe a little loose when it comes to rumors.

They're only as good as their sources. The agent probably leaked that they had agreed to a deal in principle. In that case, the paper has to take him at his word. And in the agent's case, it's a win-win. If Dawkins signs in Denver, then he was telling the truth. And if the Eagles decide to make a last minute offer because they see that Dawkins is serious about leaving, then the agent gets a bigger payday.

Lonestar
03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Y'all will grasp at any straw from a sinking ship.. SFO source :laugh:.. come on folks, it was probably some Bronco fan in Calif with blog of some sort..

what is next? jay's mother is from area 51...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Magnificent Seven
03-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Broncos coach reinforces commitment to QB Cutler

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels says the team is committed to Jay Cutler as Denver's quarterback. Still, he says no options — including trades — are being ruled out. McDaniels spoke with the media for the first time Tuesday since the rift between the new Broncos coach and the Pro Bowl quarterback became public. He reiterated that Cutler is his quarterback and he'll do what he can to improve the relationship.

The relationship became strained when McDaniels failed to inform Cutler about trade talks in which the Broncos showed interest in Matt Cassel. Cassel wound up being traded by New England to Kansas City, and Cutler asked to be traded.

"I've always been optimistic," McDaniels said at the NFL meetings. "He's on our team, he's under contract, and I understand there's things we have to work toward in our relationship.

"I've heard (Cutler's trade request), but have not heard it from him personally. No one has contacted me, called me, text-messaged or e-mailed me."

The 32-year-old McDaniels is in his first head coaching job after serving as offensive coordinator for New England, where he developed the untested Cassel into a top quarterback in 2008. He's never denied that "conversations took place" this month about acquiring Cassel, nor does he apologize for them.

"You take into consideration what anybody is trying to offer up," he said. "If the quality of the trade you feel, in the long run, improves your team, you analyze it.

"It's been made very clear to me it's my job to listen to a number of scenarios that would improve the team."

McDaniels did wonder why Cutler insisted on having agent Bus Cook present when the coach and quarterback met face to face in Denver.

"One thing I continually want to do is meet with players one-on-one about myself, and find the best way to fix any issues," McDaniels said. "It's not an issue for an agent; we're not talking contract. It was not mutual. He invited his agent."

Cook did not immediately respond to messages left by The Associated Press.

Cutler did not show for the Broncos' first team meeting last week and hasn't participated in the team's offseason program, which is voluntary.

McDaniels smiled when asked if this ordeal was difficult for a young, rookie head coach.

"You hope certain things don't get out before you have a chance to meet and explain them," he said. "So my attitude is I'm going to work hard to improve the team and in this case, the player, when I have an opportunity to, get to the point where he respects me for what I can do for him on the field. I hope that that's mutual."

Cutler has said he'll be at a mandatory minicamp April 17-19 — if he's still a member of the Broncos. When asked if he envisions Cutler being the team's quarterback five weeks from now, McDaniels emphatically said, "Yes."

Cutler is halfway through the six-year, $48 million contract he signed as the 11th overall pick out of Vanderbilt in the 2006 draft. He's 17-20 as Broncos starter, although that's misleading because of Denver's dismal defense. He's 13-1 in games in which Denver held its opponents under 21 points.

He was upset when Mike Shanahan was fired as coach, and even requested that members of Shanahan's offensive staff be retained, which didn't happen.

"It's not an ideal situation, obviously," McDaniels said. "We want him to be here, but it has to be two ways. It's a challenge for him. I understand the position he is in and I respect that."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/03/23/sports/s145255D13.DTL&hw=Denver+Broncos&sn=001&sc=1000

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Y'all will grasp at any straw from a sinking ship.. SFO source :laugh:.. come on folks, it was probably some Bronco fan in Calif with blog of some sort..

what is next? jay's mother is from area 51...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SFgate= LEGIT source....

It doesnt need to come out of Denver for it to be believable.

nevcraw
03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
He's 13-1 in games in which Denver held its opponents under 21 points.

That's a very telling stat... For all of you ready to send him packing.. (you know who you are) This kid is a gamer and should not be let go.. no way no how.. He'll grow up and so will the coach.. both handled this badly. hopefully both wil learn and grow together..

Dean
03-25-2009, 10:34 PM
He must have sobered up.

Get a pair Pat !

That kid of yours is pissing on your fans.

I don't know about Pat getting a pair but he has been known to down a double now and then. :D

The McKid seems to be in training pants these last few days.

horsepig
03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
At least we've finally heard something from either side. McD's interview was at least some comment on what the Hell is going on. We pay the bills; TV viewers, ticket holders, jersey buyers.
Cutler needs to realize that his big bucks come from US!

fcspikeit
03-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Broncos coach reinforces commitment to QB Cutler

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels says the team is committed to Jay Cutler as Denver's quarterback. Still, he says no options — including trades — are being ruled out. McDaniels spoke with the media for the first time Tuesday since the rift between the new Broncos coach and the Pro Bowl quarterback became public. He reiterated that Cutler is his quarterback and he'll do what he can to improve the relationship.

The relationship became strained when McDaniels failed to inform Cutler about trade talks in which the Broncos showed interest in Matt Cassel. Cassel wound up being traded by New England to Kansas City, and Cutler asked to be traded.

"I've always been optimistic," McDaniels said at the NFL meetings. "He's on our team, he's under contract, and I understand there's things we have to work toward in our relationship.

"I've heard (Cutler's trade request), but have not heard it from him personally. No one has contacted me, called me, text-messaged or e-mailed me."

The 32-year-old McDaniels is in his first head coaching job after serving as offensive coordinator for New England, where he developed the untested Cassel into a top quarterback in 2008. He's never denied that "conversations took place" this month about acquiring Cassel, nor does he apologize for them.

"You take into consideration what anybody is trying to offer up," he said. "If the quality of the trade you feel, in the long run, improves your team, you analyze it.

"It's been made very clear to me it's my job to listen to a number of scenarios that would improve the team."

McDaniels did wonder why Cutler insisted on having agent Bus Cook present when the coach and quarterback met face to face in Denver.

"One thing I continually want to do is meet with players one-on-one about myself, and find the best way to fix any issues," McDaniels said. "It's not an issue for an agent; we're not talking contract. It was not mutual. He invited his agent."

Cook did not immediately respond to messages left by The Associated Press.

Cutler did not show for the Broncos' first team meeting last week and hasn't participated in the team's offseason program, which is voluntary.

McDaniels smiled when asked if this ordeal was difficult for a young, rookie head coach.

"You hope certain things don't get out before you have a chance to meet and explain them," he said. "So my attitude is I'm going to work hard to improve the team and in this case, the player, when I have an opportunity to, get to the point where he respects me for what I can do for him on the field. I hope that that's mutual."

Cutler has said he'll be at a mandatory minicamp April 17-19 — if he's still a member of the Broncos. When asked if he envisions Cutler being the team's quarterback five weeks from now, McDaniels emphatically said, "Yes."

Cutler is halfway through the six-year, $48 million contract he signed as the 11th overall pick out of Vanderbilt in the 2006 draft. He's 17-20 as Broncos starter, although that's misleading because of Denver's dismal defense. He's 13-1 in games in which Denver held its opponents under 21 points.

He was upset when Mike Shanahan was fired as coach, and even requested that members of Shanahan's offensive staff be retained, which didn't happen.

"It's not an ideal situation, obviously," McDaniels said. "We want him to be here, but it has to be two ways. It's a challenge for him. I understand the position he is in and I respect that."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/03/23/sports/s145255D13.DTL&hw=Denver+Broncos&sn=001&sc=1000

I guess that rules out the idea this is all about a new contract.. That is unless whoever believes Cook has been trying to get Cutler a new contract also believes McDaniels is lying? ;)

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
That's a very telling stat... For all of you ready to send him packing.. (you know who you are) This kid is a gamer and should not be let go.. no way no how.. He'll grow up and so will the coach.. both handled this badly. hopefully both wil learn and grow together..

couldnt have said it any better....

GEM
03-25-2009, 11:40 PM
SFgate= LEGIT source....

It doesnt need to come out of Denver for it to be believable.

Have you seen the Denver reporter....Josina...:lol: Like omg Jay Cutler (he's really cute,but needs a hair cut) he's a flaming drunk. LOL!

:laugh:

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I guess that rules out the idea this is all about a new contract.. That is unless whoever believes Cook has been trying to get Cutler a new contract also believes McDaniels is lying? ;)

whoever thought this was because of a new contract is crazy.... Cutler is sensitive, and Mcdaniels lied, if this situation had never happened we wouldnt have heard a thing this year about Cutler demanding a new contract... Its about Mcdaniels and Cutler... nobody else.

EMB6903
03-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Have you seen the Denver reporter....Josina...:lol: Like omg Jay Cutler (he's really cute,but needs a hair cut) he's a flaming drunk. LOL!

lol truth

what she wrote last night had to be the worst sports related blog ive ever read in my life

DenBronx
03-25-2009, 11:47 PM
i hope its true. someone needs to put this arrogant kid in his place a bit. id like to see the gm be more vocal on this too.

DenBronx
03-26-2009, 12:17 AM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/gf9696.gif

Superchop 7
03-26-2009, 01:02 AM
The contract is an act of faith when trust is broken.

I'm your guy ?

Prove it.

fcspikeit
03-26-2009, 01:06 AM

Yeah, did you see she took the drunk part out of her rumor? They were probably afraid of getting sued..:D

fcspikeit
03-26-2009, 01:11 AM
The contract is an act of faith when trust is broken.

I'm your guy ?

Prove it.

Well I think they should offer Cutler a new deal but I think it's also pretty clear this isn't about Cook pushing Cutler to get a new contract.. That is unless McDaniels was lying when he said "we're not talking contract"...

fcspikeit
03-26-2009, 01:17 AM
How,, could,, you,, even,, think,, of,, trading,, Jay Cutler!! He's the man Around here, don't you forget it!!..

I thought it could use some caption :D

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 03:21 AM
SFgate= LEGIT source....

It doesn't need to come out of Denver for it to be believable.

Funny I find if anything the crap from Den to be a lot less credible these days..

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 03:25 AM
Quote:
He's 13-1 in games in which Denver held its opponents under 21 points.

Frankly I'd guess that most teams if held under 21 points would be winners for the most part.. Does not seem like that would mean much..

An old wise man said once "figures never lie, but liars always figure"

I wonder which is it in this case..

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 03:34 AM
"McDaniels did wonder why Cutler insisted on having agent Bus Cook present when the coach and quarterback met face to face in Denver.

Cook did not immediately respond to messages left by The Associated Press."

Your not seriously trying to take that out of context are you? You have to read the whole sentence not just cherry pick the few words YOU think are pertinent..

Please note the words said just before it in yellow..

Again if you think that buss is not trying to get a new deal you are big time wrong.. Not sure what jay has on his mind but the only reason cook has been involved was to have ammo to use against Josh and company to incite his client into a new deal either in DEN or somewhere else..

He is afraid jay can be reasoned with and made to feel wanted and not strike for a new contract if he can be talked to one on one.. If that happens then he is out his agents cut and jay has to work the next year at least for a paltry 1.3 mil.. while his back up make more..

I think naive would be the best term for you here..

LordTrychon
03-26-2009, 03:59 AM
"McDaniels did wonder why Cutler insisted on having agent Bus Cook present when the coach and quarterback met face to face in Denver.

Your not seriously trying to take that out of context are you? You have to read the whole sentence not just cherry pick the few words YOU think are pertinent..

Again if you think that buss is not trying to get a new deal you are big time wrong.. Not sure what jay has on his mind but the only reason cook has been involved was to have ammo to use against Josh and company to incite his client into a new deal either in DEN or somewhere else..

He is afraid jay can be reasoned with and made to feel wanted and not strike for a new contract if he can be talked to one on one.. If that happens then he is out his agents cut and jay has to work the next year at least for a paltry 1.3 mil.. while his back up make more..

I personally don't think FC is naive.

The phrase 'We're not talking contract.' Seems to me to imply that they didn't talk contract. The phrase 'It was not mutual.' Seemed to be in regards then instead to wanting to talk one on one.

By the time McDaniels made these quotes, he would have known if they had talked contract or not. If they did, he could have easily said 'I didn't want to talk contract' or 'I didn't expect to talk contract'.

Instead, he said 'We're not talking contract.'

I suppose I can see how it can be taken in different ways... but without proof rather than speculation to the contrary... I'm going to go with the face value of what was said.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 04:13 AM
I personally don't think FC is naive.

The phrase 'We're not talking contract.' Seems to me to imply that they didn't talk contract. The phrase 'It was not mutual.' Seemed to be in regards then instead to wanting to talk one on one.

By the time McDaniels made these quotes, he would have known if they had talked contract or not. If they did, he could have easily said 'I didn't want to talk contract' or 'I didn't expect to talk contract'.

Instead, he said 'We're not talking contract.'

I suppose I can see how it can be taken in different ways... but without proof rather than speculation to the contrary... I'm going to go with the face value of what was said.

we all know the only reason an agent should be talking to the broncos is about contracts.. that was what Josh was saying.. since we are not talking contract here no need for his agent to be present..

and since contracts are now negotiated by the FO GM and president no need for Josh to be present in those talks..

In this case jay needs to talk to his coach about what happened.. and how to move on and having an agent present does noting to accomplish this..

I believe every logical person could agree this would be the most productive way to handle this.. Mano a Mano..

if jay can't handle talking to his coach one on one. there is nothing left to do but set his ass on the bench or get the best deal they can for him.. cause he will be worthless as teats o a boar if they can't talk..

Until this meeting happens Josh has no reason to respect this immature twit, as his actions over the past few weeks prove true....

contract talks are another story all together if they can't talk turkey about schemes and plays contract talks are moot..

LordTrychon
03-26-2009, 04:23 AM
we all know the only reason an agent should be talking to the broncos is about contracts.. that was what Josh was saying.. since we are not talking contract here no need for his agent to be present..

and since contracts are now negotiated by the FO GM and president no need for Josh to be present in those talks..

In this case jay needs to talk to his coach about what happened.. and how to move on and having an agent present does noting to accomplish this..

I believe every logical person could agree this would be the most productive way to handle this.. Mano a Mano..

if jay can't handle talking to his coach one on one. there is nothing left to do but set his ass on the bench or get the best deal they can for him.. cause he will be worthless as teats o a boar if they can't talk..

Until this meeting happens Josh has no reason to respect this immature twit, as his actions over the past few weeks prove true....

contract talks are another story all together if they can't talk turkey about schemes and plays contract talks are moot..

So reading your bolded text...

Are you saying that they're not talking contracts? Just like Coach did?

Perhaps his agent has other reasons for wanting to be present. While I don't personally trust the intentions of Bus Cook... agents are supposed to look out for the interest of their clients and advise them... so requesting to be at a meeting regarding trade talks that happened isn't necessarily a huge leap beyond standard reasoning.

Maybe Bus wanted to ask why communication was cut off with him when this was all going down?

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 04:35 AM
So reading your bolded text...

Are you saying that they're not talking contracts? Just like Coach did?

Perhaps his agent has other reasons for wanting to be present. While I don't personally trust the intentions of Bus Cook... agents are supposed to look out for the interest of their clients and advise them... so requesting to be at a meeting regarding trade talks that happened isn't necessarily a huge leap beyond standard reasoning.

Maybe Bus wanted to ask why communication was cut off with him when this was all going down?

Josh said it was time to talk turkey man to man about jay playing in DEN and whether they could work it out.. NO need for his agent to be present for that..

If cook wants to talk trade or new contact, then he needs to talk to Xanders..with or with out jay... or about why they did not want to talk with cook.. Josh has no need to be present for this, he is the head coach and xanders will chat with him before making a deal....

just as in all coach player conversations it should be between to men..

cause frankly cook can't be on the sidelines or in the film room when then need to talk coach speak..

and please do not think for one minute that cook is looking out for jays best interest unless it is getting jay a new contract in or out of DEN that is his only reason to be meddling in this fubar..

LordTrychon
03-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Josh said it was time to talk turkey man to man about jay playing in DEN and whether they could work it out.. NO need for his agent to be present for that..

If cook wants to talk trade or new contact, then he needs to talk to Xanders..with or with out jay... or about why they did not want to talk with cook.. Josh has no need to be present for this, he is the head coach and xanders will chat with him before making a deal....

just as in all coach player conversations it should be between to men..

cause frankly cook can't be on the sidelines or in the film room when then need to talk coach speak..

and please do not think for one minute that cook is looking out for jays best interest unless it is getting jay a new contract in or out of DEN that is his only reason to be meddling in this fubar..

I am pretty sure I said that I didn't personally believe in Bus Cook's good nature... but he could use it as his 'reasoning'. Also, he could argue that he has reason to talk with McDaniels as well about the way he cut off communication when the shit was hitting the fan.

Contract talks would occur between Cook and Xanders.

I would bet that Cook would know that... regardless of how annoying we all find him.

Den21vsBal19
03-26-2009, 04:45 AM
I read that as 'I'm trying to talk football with Jay, not contracts, so why the hell has he brought his agent?'

Doesn't mean that a contract isn't Jay/Bus' endgame

fcspikeit
03-26-2009, 05:23 AM

Jr the entire context of that quote by McDaniels is saying the contract in not the problem..

Read it again..

McDaniels says he wants to meet face to face to "fix any issues" Then he says the issue doesn't concern the agent because their not talking contracts.

How could the "issue" be wanting a new contract? :confused: If the "issue" was wanting a new contract, by McDaniels own words it would concern the Agent.

McDaniels does not believe the "issue" is Cutler wanting a new contract.. If Cutler or his agent were pushing for a new contract McKid wouldn't have said "the issue" doesn't concern the agent. Especially when he then said, it didn't concern the agent because they weren't talking contracts..

There is no other way of taking that. Fixing the problem has nothing to do with working out a new contract. The problem isn't Cutler wanting a new contract. At least not as far as McDaniels is concerned..

fcspikeit
03-26-2009, 05:27 AM
I read that as 'I'm trying to talk football with Jay, not contracts, so why the hell has he brought his agent?'

Doesn't mean that a contract isn't Jay/Bus' endgame

I'm sure Cook would love a new contract for Cutler.. That doesn't mean this is the problem.. McDaniels wants to talk to Cutler about the problem and he doesn't feel the agent needs to be there because the problem isn't working out a new contract..

Dirk
03-26-2009, 06:02 AM
Although I have no idea how the details of all the agent/player/GM/Coach play out not ever being in that situation. My take is this:

Jay found out his head was on the trade block. Going in to talk to McD he felt that things could possibly be the same (head on the trade block), being a young QB in the league, he doesn't know how it all works either, so, invite his agent as "help".

I have a feeling that Jay didn't want to go into a meeting where he didn't know how to respond if McD was still toying around with trade potentials. If I were in his shoes, I probably would have done the same thing.

Now, with that being said, they are past that point. Now it is time for Jay and Josh to sit down one on one and hash it out. Call a press conference and talk to the fans and say everything is alright and they are excited for the upcoming season.

Then, Jay needs to show up for ALL off season, mandatory or non, to prove to his team he has gotten past this and IS the leader of the team and wants to make it successful.

It's all about growing up and maturing. Not only on Jay's part but Josh's part too. Not everyone can have Bellicheat's attitude and gain the respect of the players. Especially not a first time head coach.

Dean
03-26-2009, 06:32 AM
It has been my impression all along that Jay feels that McKid is a liar and was wanting to get rid of him. Consequently, if necessary he wanted someone he could trust to verify what was said.

If I am dealing with someone whose character I question, I like video, written, or third party verification.

fcspikeit
03-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Although I have no idea how the details of all the agent/player/GM/Coach play out not ever being in that situation. My take is this:

Jay found out his head was on the trade block. Going in to talk to McD he felt that things could possibly be the same (head on the trade block), being a young QB in the league, he doesn't know how it all works either, so, invite his agent as "help".

I have a feeling that Jay didn't want to go into a meeting where he didn't know how to respond if McD was still toying around with trade potentials. If I were in his shoes, I probably would have done the same thing.

Now, with that being said, they are past that point. Now it is time for Jay and Josh to sit down one on one and hash it out. Call a press conference and talk to the fans and say everything is alright and they are excited for the upcoming season.

Then, Jay needs to show up for ALL off season, mandatory or non, to prove to his team he has gotten past this and IS the leader of the team and wants to make it successful.

It's all about growing up and maturing. Not only on Jay's part but Josh's part too. Not everyone can have Bellicheat's attitude and gain the respect of the players. Especially not a first time head coach.

I agree, Jay has to be able to trust McDaniels enough to have a one on one with him.. If he has completely lost trust in him this will never work, the coach and the QB have to be able to talk..

Bus Cook can't be standing on the sideline, taking the plays from McKid and calling them in to Jay...

So yes I agree, if this is going to work Jay has to be able to talk to McKid one on one. The reason I think he wanted Cook there in the first place was because he didn't trust McKid and he wanted someone to collaborate what McKid was telling him.. Also, he kept getting something different out of what McKid was telling him then what McKid was saying he was telling him.. So what better way to solve that then to take someone with you that you trust. Then you can ask them what they thought was being said and meant..

Cook stands to make money if Cutler gets traded, so there is a fair chance he being an agent would be biased to getting Cutler traded. I don't know Cook, so its hard to say he would put money over the best interest's of Cutler but as I said, It's a fair possibility.

Maybe Cutler shouldn't have taken Cook but who else does he trust that he could have taken with him to vouch for what McKid was actually telling him? I doubt McDaniels would have let Sheffler come..:lol:

I like Jr's idea. He should have just taken a tape recorder. Then if need be he could have let others listen to get their interpretation. He also could have released the recording to the press if McKid tried to lie about what he said to him...

tomjonesrocks
03-26-2009, 10:43 AM
If true, perhaps someone brought to Bowlen's attention that trading Cutler could cost him a lot of *money* in a variety of ways. I like this rumor in any case.

TXBRONC
03-26-2009, 10:50 AM
It has been my impression all along that Jay feels that McKid is a liar and was wanting to get rid of him. Consequently, if necessary he wanted someone he could trust to verify what was said.

If I am dealing with someone whose character I question, I like video, written, or third party verification.

I think at one point Jay did actually trust him but that was before free agency started.

Superchop 7
03-26-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't know about Pat getting a pair but he has been known to down a double now and then. :D

The McKid seems to be in training pants these last few days.
__________________________________________________ _______________

I spoke with Pats AA sponsor.......he is referring to this as "a moment of clarity"

broncofaninfla
03-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Jay said early on in this issue that he plays for his team mates not the coaches. Now is th etime for him to prove that and show he is in fact a team first guy.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Jay said early on in this issue that he plays for his team mates not the coaches. Now is th etime for him to prove that and show he is in fact a team first guy.

he has failed in that by not showing up for the team meetings and bonding time with his new coaches and schemes..

with jay it is me first, just another TO.. IMO

broncofaninfla
03-26-2009, 03:22 PM
he has failed in that by not showing up for the team meetings and bonding time with his new coaches and schemes..

He certainly isn't helping himself or the public perception of himself by doing so.

bcbronc
03-26-2009, 03:39 PM

a bit of hyperbole, no Jr? unless Jay called a press conference to do situps in his driveway and I missed it.

Magnificent Seven
03-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Im tired of Cutler and McDaniels' saga. I would hold back until NFL Draft Day and see what happen.

EMB6903
03-26-2009, 05:18 PM

What Quarterback do you ever see down field every game putting a block on a DB for the ball carrier? name 2 that quarterbacks that sacrifice their body on a consistent basis like that?

Im sorry but that is just foolish... he doesnt show up to vol. "WORK OUTS" not any type of practices.. but a work out and he doesnt play for his teammates....

SMH

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 05:32 PM
What Quarterback do you ever see down field every game putting a block on a DB for the ball carrier? name 2 that quarterbacks that sacrifice their body on a consistent basis like that?

Im sorry but that is just foolish... he doesnt show up to vol. "WORK OUTS" not any type of practices.. but a work out and he doesnt play for his teammates....

SMH

Lamo if this was not a totally new system and had a valid reason for missing then I could almost buy your bovine excrement response sorry this done on my Blackberry and sometimes I can;t see waht I;m typing

nevcraw
03-26-2009, 06:02 PM

How is guy ticked off with his new coaching staff for being dangled as trade bait, remotely T.O like..

Cutler has yet to miss anythiing required by his employers... Stop being so eager to have another "Mikey"...

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 06:21 PM
How is guy ticked off with his new coaching staff for being dangled as trade bait, remotely T.O like..

Cutler has yet to miss anythiing required by his employers... Stop being so eager to have another "Mikey"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofaninfla

My response

That was the question.. He is letting them down when they need his "leadership" the most.. learning a new scheme when all pieces of the puzzle should be there so they are all on the same page..

So he is pissed time for him to suck it up and talk it over like a MAN, not hide behind his agents skirt and whine to the press about how he feels..

I guess I grew up in a simpler time.. When there was an issue you talked it out or took it outside.. and after wards everyone became best of friends..

I guess if your unable to talk for yourself or stand up for your own values then let your agent talk for you.

But you never hurt your teammates because you do not have the balls to deal with it..

Dean
03-26-2009, 06:33 PM

Bonding time with his coaches? That got a chuckle out of me.:D JR, I didn't realize you had such a highly developed sense of humor.

He is missing valuable time with learning the offense. Except the new running backs (they are not so fast they will create hand-off problems), he has already bonded with the majority of the offensive players. Most of them he has played with for two years.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Bonding time with his coaches? That got a chuckle out of me.:D JR, I didn't realize you had such a highly developed sense of humor.

He is missing valuable time with learning the offense. Except the new running backs (they are not so fast they will create hand-off problems), he has already bonded with the majority of the offensive players. Most of them he has played with for two years.

But not learning a completely NEW play book there inlies the difference..

and it is a huge one..

and DEAN you know that he needs to be inside Joshes head and vice versa when understanding plays.. this is not pop warner....

He can't be doing that from the santa claus village.

Dean
03-26-2009, 07:03 PM
But not learning a completely NEW play book there inlies the difference..

and it is a huge one..

and DEAN you know that he needs to be inside Joshes head and vice versa when understanding plays.. this is not pop warner....

He can't be doing that from the santa claus village.

My statement was, "He is missing valuable time learning the offense." I couldn't agree more. As to bonding with the coach, they don't have to be friends each just has to do their job.

Lonestar
03-26-2009, 07:30 PM
My statement was, "He is missing valuable time learning the offense." I couldn't agree more. As to bonding with the coach, they don't have to be friends each just has to do their job.

But having a great rapport with each other helps and he can't do that from never never land..

the sooner he sets down with his boss the better it is for the TEAM..

time for jay to take one for the gipper......

broncobryce
03-26-2009, 07:46 PM

LOL.....that's the funniest shit ever

EMB6903
03-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Lamo if this was not a totally new system and had a valid reason for missing then I could almost buy your bovine excrement response sorry this done on my Blackberry and sometimes I can;t see waht I;m typing

again

it was a work out session.... No on field activities were going on, they werent running 7-7, or doing any type of practice reps, It was just a work out

I think Cutler was immature about it and handled the situation wrong

But Im confused at whoever says Cutler doesnt play for his teammates just because he got into it with the front office and decided not to show up for a vol. Work out..... Anybody who has watched the Broncos the last 3 years knows he goes to battle FOR HIS TEAM every snap, whether he has the ball or not....