PDA

View Full Version : We may not have to play at Arrowhead next year!

RunYouOver
03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
As work continues at the Truman Sports Complex in connection with renovations to Arrowhead Stadium, KMBZ radio in Kansas City reports that a work stoppage is possible.

Per KMBZ a strike is “likely to happen” after a labor contract between the builder and its union expires in five days.

If this occurs, and if the strike lasts 30 days or longer, the Chiefs could be forced to make other arrangements for one or more of their 2009 home games.

Though KMBZ is suggesting that the Chiefs would have to play their entire schedule of home games on the road, we think that the Chiefs would make other arrangements, playing the games at a relatively local college stadium, possibly at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis.

Even if the Chiefs ultimately had to play their home games in San Antonio (as the Saints did for much of the 2005 seasons), the Chiefs surely would prefer a neutral site to the alternatively playing all 16 games with the opponent enjoying home-field advantage.

The Chiefs are scheduled to host the Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Browns, Steelers, Bills, Cowboys, and Giants.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/25/strike-at-stadium-could-force-chiefs-out-of-arrowhead/

Lonestar
03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
the San Antonio Chefs wow good fix..

BigDaddyBronco
03-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I think they should try them in LA to see if they could support a team.

Lonestar
03-25-2009, 04:42 PM

for one year they might for the novelty of it.. but this fruits and nuts from LA just have to many other things to do and unless they are huge winners they will not support them like they did when the RAMS were their decades ago..

tubby
03-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Queefs Blow!

DenBronx
03-25-2009, 04:48 PM

i think its a bad idea for kc. mainly because there is still a huge base of raider fans in la. it might need to be an nfc team...

Greatspirits
03-25-2009, 05:30 PM
No Narrowhead this year? Thats to bad, cause coach McGenius was poised to win there this year!!

KCL
03-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Denver will be playing in KC this season.

DenBronx
03-25-2009, 06:36 PM

link?

KCL
03-25-2009, 06:57 PM
link?

I don't have one.

Thnikkaman
03-25-2009, 07:29 PM

How are you privy to this information? Word of mouth? Local talking heads? You're sleeping with the Union foreman of the guys working on the stadium?

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
I don't have one.

Reported on 810 WHB this afternoon. Solid sources, as well...though anonymous.

But, I still don't think it will happen.

There are 30 days to the labor break...and even if they solve the labor break even within a few weeks, or even a month, it would seem inconceivable that they wouldn't play at Arrowhead. They played all of last season at Kaufman while under construction, so I don't see why they wouldn't cater the renovations towards allowing fans in.

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 08:56 PM
I should add that the Chiefs within literally minutes of hearing Keitzman's report on 810 released a press release saying there were no problems.

KCL
03-25-2009, 09:25 PM
How are you privy to this information? Word of mouth? Local talking heads? You're sleeping with the Union foreman of the guys working on the stadium?

all of the above

KCL
03-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Reported on 810 WHB this afternoon. Solid sources, as well...though anonymous.

But, I still don't think it will happen.

There are 30 days to the labor break...and even if they solve the labor break even within a few weeks, or even a month, it would seem inconceivable that they wouldn't play at Arrowhead. They played all of last season at Kaufman while under construction, so I don't see why they wouldn't cater the renovations towards allowing fans in.

I agree...I believe that the Chiefs will be playing all their home games there.

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
I agree...I believe that the Chiefs will be playing all their home games there.

No offense, KCL, but I still think KC management sucks balls...the Hunts aren't the brilliant owners that people think they are here...sorry...but they just aren't...they suck at PR, they live in Texas and they really don't give a shit about anything but making money, otherwise Peterson would have been fired in the mid-90s.

With that said, they WILL be playing at Arrowhead next year.

KCL
03-25-2009, 09:36 PM
No offense, KCL, but I still think KC management sucks balls...the Hunts aren't the brilliant owners that people think they are here...sorry...but they just aren't...they suck at PR, they live in Texas and they really don't give a shit about anything but making money, otherwise Peterson would have been fired in the mid-90s.

With that said, they WILL be playing at Arrowhead next year.

Well Mo...Clark Hunt isn't his dad and didn't let Carl Peterson hang around.Lamar let Carl stay for way too long.With that being said,I think the fact that Clark went out and hired one of the best GMs in the league says alot about what he wants for this team.He is moving forward without alot of the leftovers that was here when Lamar passed away.

getlynched47
03-25-2009, 09:40 PM
:dance:

KCL
03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
:dance:

:dancing:

MOtorboat
03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Well Mo...Clark Hunt isn't his dad and didn't let Carl Peterson hang around.Lamar let Carl stay for way too long.With that being said,I think the fact that Clark went out and hired one of the best GMs in the league says alot about what he wants for this team.He is moving forward without alot of the leftovers that was here when Lamar passed away.

No. He hired a GM who was NOT in charge of player personnel. I respect the fact that he apparently cleaned house...but I have yet to see a lot of good PR, or good decisions.

Oh, by the way, Chiefs players will not be allowed to use the Chiefs logo and name in their own personal Charitable efforts. :tsk:

KCL
03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
:dancing:

I am getting dizzy with all this dancing.

KCL
03-25-2009, 09:46 PM
No. He hired a GM who was NOT in charge of player personnel. I respect the fact that he apparently cleaned house...but the I have yet to see a lot of good PR, or good decisions.

Well the fact that Carl and Herm are history says alot.I'm not saying that the Chiefs are going to win the division but I am excited about the upcoming season.I am ready to see some Chiefs football.We'll see what happens just like we'll see what happens with Denver.