PDA

View Full Version : Vic Lombardi........Denver Interested in Peyton........

WARHORSE
03-07-2012, 09:42 PM
..............and Peyton interested in Denver.

Lombardi sure seems fired up the way hes tweeting. The way he sounds is almost like he got some info that gives him the courage to run his mouth about it.......er.......his tweet.
https://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi

lgenf
03-07-2012, 09:47 PM
And so are about 14 other NFL teams, but Peyton was in Miami wednesday night already talking with the fins

Shazam!
03-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I refuse to believe for one minute Manning is coming to Denver.

WARHORSE
03-07-2012, 09:54 PM
And so are about 14 other NFL teams, but Peyton was in Miami wednesday night already talking with the fins

He lives in Miami. What do you think if you were Peyton? Miami or Denver? No brainer. lol

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Miamis closer to being a playoff team then most people realize.

lgenf
03-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Never heard that Peyton lived in Miami, but he was seen getting off the fins private jet, so I doubt he's traveled back to miami on that before

MOtorboat
03-07-2012, 10:04 PM
He didn't land on a Dolphins jet, he landed on Irsay's private jet. A classy move by Irsay, IMO.

He lives there. It's natural for him to go back there today.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2012, 10:07 PM
And he was working out w/ Wayne this evening. This isn't a dolphons visit...yet.

WARHORSE
03-07-2012, 10:09 PM
And it says he went in the opposite direction of the Fins facilities, got out at a church, and told the media there that South beach might not be the place for him.

Krugan
03-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Why would the Broncos then trade Tebow?

Would think the best thing that could happen to him would be a couple years working with manning and elway.

And they would still be looking for a backup, which with manning, would be something you would want around...

Shazam!
03-07-2012, 10:12 PM
And it says he went in the opposite direction of the Fins facilities, got out at a church, and told the media there that South beach might not be the place for him.

Uh ohhh... MAYBE HE MET TEBOW

WARHORSE
03-07-2012, 10:15 PM
And he was working out w/ Wayne this evening. This isn't a dolphons visit...yet.

Right. Im sure hes considering Miami, it would be dumb not to.

But theres growing buzz around the league according to PFT that the Broncos have strongly positioned themselves in the mix for Peytons services.

Id be okay with signing Peyton.

Id suggest Mario too perhaps since we're shopping around. :coffee:

WARHORSE
03-07-2012, 10:17 PM

Would think the best thing that could happen to him would be a couple years working with manning and elway.

And they would still be looking for a backup, which with manning, would be something you would want around...

Im not convinced of the whole trade Turbo if we sign Manning thing. We need a backup anyway, and Tim would be fantastic even at his unhoned level. He can continue to learn.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2012, 10:39 PM
From article:

"I have no idea who wants me what team wants me," he said. "I literally have not had one conversation with anyone about these teams. It's been so hard to try to figure out some closure with my situation with the Colts that I haven't really concerned myself with that."

Manning, who can sign with any team he wants at any time he wants without having to wait until the start of free agency March 13, also said he isn't sure if he'll begin to take visits with clubs or they'll come to him or it'll simply be a situation where his agent begins negotiations and a deal with his new team is struck.

"I don't know if it's like college recruiting where you take visits," Manning said. "It's all new to me."

full article - http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/03/the-peyton-manning-interview-in-south-florida.html

broncobryce
03-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Pat Kirwan on Sirius was saying something to the effect of Manning will have teams bidding for him, his agent will be negotiating with them and he probably won't have to work out. The teams will meet with his doctors and take it or leave it. It's like a draft day trade "Well Miami said they'd do it without me working out"....etc.

Dzone
03-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Nobody knows if his arm is going to go numb. 4 procedures is a lot of monkeying around next to the spinal cord, thats scary, Most people with that would be on full disability...If manning makes a comeback from this it will be right up there with the greatest sports stories ever...Got to admit, Peyton looked pretty thin in that suit today. I hope he can do it. He is a class act all the way.

Broncos Mtnman
03-08-2012, 02:48 AM
I'd take a 50% Manning over a 100% Tebow any day of the week.

As exciting as this is to think about, I doubt that Elway has the guts to pull the plug on it.

Dirk
03-08-2012, 06:38 AM
I really don't think this will happen. Peyton will probably end up either in Miami or with Shanny. I wouldn't mind though if they brought Peyton in to play for the next few years and mentor Tebow to take over. That would be a win-win IMO.

WARHORSE
03-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Well........even if we didnt sign Peyton........maybe we'll sign Mario since Denver will spend some cash on a killa playa? :coffee:

:D

Dirk
03-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Well........even if we didnt sign Peyton........maybe we'll sign Mario since Denver will spend some cash on a killa playa? :coffee:

:D

I'm on the fence on this one. I work with a die hard Texans fan and he is ready for Mario to leave. His take is when he is not hurt....he gives up on plays too often and gets "tired" too often. I haven't watched many Texans games so I can't add anything to that.

Rex
03-08-2012, 08:46 AM

One of the many positives of the Broncos signing Manning would be you and your Tebow nut swinging sycophants would go away

Mike
03-08-2012, 09:28 AM
If Manning takes a serious look at Denver then he won't come here. Tebow made the run game click, it sucked before he came in. And he made the o-line look better with his athleticism.

Manning would get killed in Denver. I think he goes to KC. They are a QB away from making some noise.

CoachChaz
03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I dont know that I'd worry so much about manning getting hurt. I can guarantee Goodell is already putting the word on the street that flags will fly if anyone gets too close to Peyton.

Kiawanuka had the same surgery and came back to play a DL spot. Manning will be fine

LTC Pain
03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Found this at Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter Thursday morning that he expects Peyton Manning's market to develop quickly, and for the free agent to quite possibly have a new team by next week.

"I still believe that ultimately, talking to people around the league, this is going to be a fairly quick decision," said Schefter. "... So that he can find a new team by next week." Schefter added that it "doesn't sound like it's about money for Peyton Manning," and that the Broncos are a "more realistic (suitor) than some people know." CBS 4 Denver's Vic Lombardi, Schefter, and PFT's Mike Florio have all reported the Broncos' interest.

Northman
03-08-2012, 09:45 AM
If Manning takes a serious look at Denver then he won't come here. Tebow made the run game click, it sucked before he came in. And he made the o-line look better with his athleticism.

Manning would get killed in Denver. I think he goes to KC. They are a QB away from making some noise.

Not necessarily.

While Tebow did add some other qualities that made defenses hold back the same can be said for Peyton. Unlike Teebs or Orton Peyton is decisive, accurate, and quick with his release. He could easily pick apart a defense and wont be standing back in the pocket for a couple of days and then throwing 5 feet above a receivers head. When it comes to passing, Tebow scares NO ONE. Peyton on the other hand....

Mike
03-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Not necessarily.

While Tebow did add some other qualities that made defenses hold back the same can be said for Peyton. Unlike Teebs or Orton Peyton is decisive, accurate, and quick with his release. He could easily pick apart a defense and wont be standing back in the pocket for a couple of days and then throwing 5 feet above a receivers head. When it comes to passing, Tebow scares NO ONE. Peyton on the other hand....

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it wouldn't be an upgrade and I wouldn't be happy to have him come here. Manning is more accurate/decisive and picks teams apart. I think the defenses bull rush him though. Our o-line is a lot worse than people think it is. Put an immobile QB behind them and it could get ugly.

Northman
03-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it wouldn't be an upgrade and I wouldn't be happy to have him come here. Manning is more accurate/decisive and picks teams apart. I think the defenses bull rush him though. Our o-line is a lot worse than people think it is. Put an immobile QB behind them and it could get ugly.

Well, i agree with the struggles of he Oline to a degree. They are young but we still have McGahee and i dont forsee Fox treating the Denver offense like they did in Indy. I still think we would go ball control the only difference is when we need third downs or big time plays i think Manning would deliver on a more consistent basis.

With that said, i just dont see Denver picking Manning up.

NightTrainLayne
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM

On the other hand, if you put an all-time great QB behind our line who can make ANY throw in the book. . ..

Give our line another off-season together. . ..

Maybe add another RB. . .

It might not be so easy to get away with a bull-rush any more.

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 10:11 AM

There are a lot it wouldn't work. One of the biggest reasons is that Tom Condon (Manning's agent) and Jimmy Sexton (Tebow's agent) work for the same talent agency. I found in that in Woody's Mailbag for today. He also said agents don't like to put their quarterback's in the same market. Imo if Manning was signed I can't see tenable to keep on the team as well.

claymore
03-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Colts Oline wasnt near as good without Manning. Dude doesnt need the 4.5 seconds Tebow needs.

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I'd take a 50% Manning over a 100% Tebow any day of the week.

As exciting as this is to think about, I doubt that Elway has the guts to pull the plug on it.

If it was just about other than a neck or a back injury I could agree with you.

There's nothing that guarantees that Manning would even want to come to Denver even if they offered him more money than anyone else.

Ravage!!!
03-08-2012, 11:12 AM
If it was just about other than a neck or a back injury I could agree with you.

There's nothing that guarantees that Manning would even want to come to Denver even if they offered him more money than anyone else.
I don't think he would come to Denver BECAUSE of the Tim Tebow debacle that goes on a daily basis.... it woudl be a bigger media circus than ever before. Not something that is attractive to a person like Peyton.

claymore
03-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't think he would come to Denver BECAUSE of the Tim Tebow debacle that goes on a daily basis.... it woudl be a bigger media circus than ever before. Not something that is attractive to a person like Peyton.

The tebow circus would travel south to jacksonville for a conditional 5th round pick!

Slick
03-08-2012, 11:53 AM
If Vic Lombardi is worth a shit he will get some comments from John on the subject. Has anyone seen any comments from our front office?

TaylorK47
03-08-2012, 12:57 PM
I would like to see what manning would look like in a Broncos Jersey:defense:

Grover
03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
The tebow circus would travel south to jacksonville for a conditional 5th round pick!

And that's as close to a true statement as you can get if we pick up Manning. Tebow's value in a trade hits the floor because everyone would know he's not in our immediate future, and possibly not a future plan at all.

MOtorboat
03-08-2012, 01:27 PM

You're a circus.

:coffee:

underrated29
03-08-2012, 01:39 PM
And that's as close to a true statement as you can get if we pick up Manning. Tebow's value in a trade hits the floor because everyone would know he's not in our immediate future, and possibly not a future plan at all.

How so?

Im a huge tebow fan, but I really really really want us to land peyton. Tebow would still be in future plans. He is not likely to beat out peyton this year, so he would learn from one of the greatest ever!. He would still see the field in RZ plays I am sure.-special packages and such. THen next year, he would duel it out with peyton. Probably not beat him and learn and have Peyton mentor him even further. Year, three, I would say that older peyton and younger, developed, mentored tebow would really be a camp battle and tebow could come out on top. Once he does, id say he is the hardcore future and watch out NFL.

IMO we land manning and tebow stays, all this trading tebow if we land manning is complete crap to me. Everyone knows peyton has what 4 good years left, if he can even play at all this year--STILL A MAJOR unkown. So why in the world would you trade your young promising QB for a guy who may or may not play this year and only has at max 4 years left?

ANSWER- Only Josh Mcdaniels would know.
Fortunately for us, he is no longer here. So there is no need to worry about it because we will not be trading him.

Broncos Mtnman
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I haven't cared as much for Schefter since he went to ESPN, but you can't deny he's usually pretty accurate with his insider information.

Broncos Mtnman
03-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Colts Oline wasnt near as good without Manning. Dude doesnt need the 4.5 minutes Tebow needs.

Corrected for accuracy.

lgenf
03-08-2012, 10:04 PM
There's the old Rex I almost missed

lgenf
03-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Just because Denver is making a push for manning doesn't mean he is considering it

Denver has little in the way to offer manning as far as a stacked offense

Miami has Marshall and best at WR and Wayne is almost a given to join manning
A good TE in Fasano along with a great catching RB in Bush

Additionally they have an all pro left tackle in Long

Hell just look at what they did once they got a decent QB for the second half of the year

MOtorboat
03-08-2012, 10:12 PM
LOL, this is making lugnut nervous....

MOtorboat
03-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Denver has an emerging star in Thomas, a clone of Marshall, a thousand yard rusher in McGahee and a Pro Bowl tackle in Ryan Clady...

Lol.

dogfish
03-08-2012, 11:29 PM
You're a circus.

:coffee:

i don't know about a whole circus, but he's definitely a clown. . .

Denver has an emerging star in Thomas, a clone of Marshall, a thousand yard rusher in McGahee and a Pro Bowl tackle in Ryan Clady...

Lol.

and some people say tebow would make a fine fullback, and i notice that we do have an opening at that spot right now. . .

things that make you go hmmm. . .

RebelRocker
03-09-2012, 01:51 AM

Lol.

Don't forget about our improving defense and the experience we have in that department with the veteran duo of Fox/Del Rio. The fact that we changed our offense in the middle of last year and STILL win the division/playoff game should be something that entices Manning. He'll know that Fox would certainly be willing to hand the offense over to him since we already did it with Tebow.

RebelRocker
03-09-2012, 01:52 AM

Lol.

Don't forget about our improving defense and the experience we have in that department with the veteran duo of Fox/Del Rio. The fact that we changed our offense in the middle of last year and STILL won the division/playoff game should be something that entices Manning. He'll know that Fox would certainly be willing to hand the offense over to him since we already did it with Tebow.