PDA

View Full Version : Report: Broncos will inquire about Peyton Manning

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Earlier today, we explained that the joint representation of Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow by CAA will make Denver an unlikely destination for Manning.

But that won’t stop the Broncos from at least trying.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Broncos will place a call to Tom Condon. Klis also writes that, if the contract could be structured in a way that protects the Broncos against further neck trouble, “the Broncos could well be players” for Peyton.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/report-broncos-will-inquire-about-peyton-manning/

chazoe60
03-07-2012, 06:34 PM
The organization would be irresponsible to not at least inquire about arguably the greatest QB ever. Yes I said it. IMHO Manning is the GOAT. Look what happens to his team without him.

I think the Broncos are long shots, but like I said they have to at least kick the tires.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

My thoughts are that Manning will ask for too much because teams like Wash, Mia, Seat or Arz will be offering him the moon and we will eventually bow out. But will the damage already be done? Remember what happened with the Josh/Cutler fiasco? It made Cutler upset and he eventually asked for a trade.

If we are even going to attempt this then we need to be serious and go ALL-IN. Meaning we will need to put Tebow on the block right away. I don't see him wanting to stay here and right now I think the Jags want him real bad. So sell high if we are even going to entertain this.

slim
03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Wow, that would be sweet.

No way it actually happens, though.

Northman
03-07-2012, 06:36 PM
The organization would be irresponsible to not at least inquire about arguably the greatest QB ever. Yes I said it. IMHO Manning is the GOAT. Look what happens to his team without him.

I think the Broncos are long shots, but like I said they have to at least kick the tires.

Totally disagree about the GOAT but i agree that they should at least talk to him.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 06:38 PM
You would have to think our front office was serious about winning a SuperBowl if they made this move.

And how would Reggie Wayne also not want to follow?

It would be very ironic that the guy that knocked us out of the playoffs so many times ended up here in Denver.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Whaaaaat?

The GOAT wore #7 and donned orange and blue.

Magnificent Seven
03-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Perhaps, Peyton Manning could be Broncos' trading bait on NFL Draft Day. Therefore, they could trade him for first round draft pick. Never know.

chazoe60
03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Perhaps, Peyton Manning could be Broncos' trading bait on NFL Draft Day. Therefore, they could trade him for first round draft pick. Who knows?

Maybe we could trade him to the Colts for the #1 pick and draft Luck. It's a brilliant plan.

Magnificent Seven
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Maybe we could trade him to the Colts for the #1 pick and draft Luck. It's a brilliant plan.

Ha.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Reports are that Wayne, and possibly Saturday, plan to join PM at his new destination. I personally think it will be Miami. That said...

I hope to God we get him. We already have some nice young talent at WR, who can all learn a lot from Wayne. Tebow could either take what PM can teach, or he can be dealt to a team like the Jags. I think Tebow could still be the long term guy, but we all know he has lots of growing to do. Grabbing PM and Wayne allows us to focus on DT, RB and OL in the draft.

NO AFC team is so dominant that we can't be REAL SB contenders with the addition of Manning. Our defense is above average and we have a great Kicker. I'd be giddy.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 06:53 PM
If Shanahan were still here this would already be a done deal. In Wash, he has to go throught Synder for everything. Bowlen let Shanny make all of the decisions himself.

Shazam!
03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
With our luck, they'd get Peyton and he'll start 2 games then be on IR with his neck.

Too risky.

They'll inquire, but this is Tebow's team now...

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
no risk. we still have last year's starting qb. we're not trading anything and reports are we have LOADS of cap room.
Besides, I think he'll worry less about the $$ and more about the situation.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
With our luck, they'd get Peyton and he'll start 2 games then be on IR with his neck.

Too risky.

They'll inquire, but this is Tebow's team now...

And if they traded Tebow only for Manning to get injured by week 2 then that would be the beggining of the end for Elway in the front office.

It's a very risky move.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Well who would even entertain giving us a 1st or 2nd for Tebow?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
And if they traded Tebow only for Manning to get injured by week 2 then that would be the beggining of the end for Elway in the front office.

It's a very risky move.

I think they'd be smart enough to keep Tebow at least until PM showed his neck is fine. Besides, maybe it could be the master plan that allows EFX to "gracefully" remove TT from the equation...

NightTerror218
03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I think they'd be smart enough to keep Tebow at least until PM showed his neck is fine. Besides, maybe it could be the master plan that allows EFX to "gracefully" remove TT from the equation...

Or gain the extra time to work on the "project" just an extra year or two.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I would think Tebow would ask for a trade. That would be the ultimate way of telling him that the franchise doesnt believe in him.

Northman
03-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Reports are that Wayne, and possibly Saturday, plan to join PM at his new destination. I personally think it will be Miami. That said...

I hope to God we get him. We already have some nice young talent at WR, who can all learn a lot from Wayne. Tebow could either take what PM can teach, or he can be dealt to a team like the Jags. I think Tebow could still be the long term guy, but we all know he has lots of growing to do. Grabbing PM and Wayne allows us to focus on DT, RB and OL in the draft.

NO AFC team is so dominant that we can't be REAL SB contenders with the addition of Manning. Our defense is above average and we have a great Kicker. I'd be giddy.

I wont lie, Manning would instantly makes us a contender.

TXBRONC
03-07-2012, 07:08 PM
I really don't think this all that big of deal.

I don't have problem witht talking to him but I don't think he would be coming to Denver.

Magnificent Seven
03-07-2012, 07:15 PM
I think Manning wants to play in warmer place. He played in dome for 14 seasons. So, he might want to play for Miami or Arizona.

OrangeHoof
03-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't have a problem talking to them (assuming Tebow's ego is smaller than Cutler's) but I think Manning would be a huge waste for the Broncos. He's already 35 with a questionable neck and the Broncos' surrounding cast won't be solid enough around him to allow him to win a title until he's too old and the franchise would need to look elsewhere for a QOTF. Unless your objective is to quietly throw Tebowmania under the bus, I just don't see how this benefits us.

RebelRocker
03-07-2012, 07:24 PM

I totally agree. He's one of the few QB's we could bring in that would replace Tebow without upsetting the fanbase. This in turn would allow us to deal Tebow to a team that can work with him while we draft a kid this year or next year to develop behind Manning.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Peyton Manning: John Elway, Denver Broncos Should Make Major Push for QB

On Wednesday afternoon, the inevitable happened.

The Indianapolis Colts said farewell to their greatest player in franchise history, Peyton Manning, and turned the page to a new era which will begin in next month's NFL draft with Andrew Luck.

So now the question becomes, where should Manning go?

Michael Silver wrote in his column on Yahoo! Sports that one of the best targets for Manning would be to go to the Denver Broncos.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1095109-peyton-manning-john-elway-denver-broncos-should-make-major-push-for-qb

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 07:29 PM
According to Mike Silver we are 3rd on the list for potential landing spots for Manning.

3. Denver Broncos: Wait, did I just do something else to tick off the Tebowites? Perhaps, but it’s not personal. Tim Tebow is deservedly popular and has a ton of potential, but he could also use a year to work on his mechanics, recognition of defenses and other basic quarterbacking skills. In the meantime, watching one of the all-time masters at work wouldn’t be a terrible blow to the kid’s development. And while most passers wouldn’t be thrilled with the idea of throwing themselves into such a potentially contentious situation (given the cult-like worship of the incumbent), Manning could surely handle it. He’d take full control of a team that won the AFC West last year on the strength of its defense and running game – and he’d make young receivers Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker look even better than they already do. The Broncos have a star at left tackle (Ryan Clady) and a better-than-average line, and though there’s always potential for inclement weather in Colorado, it’s typically not an issue. Most general managers wouldn’t dream of bringing in someone that would send Tebow to the bench, but executive vice president of football operations John Elway isn’t most people. As one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, Elway might just have the guts to make a run at another man who fits that description, Tebowmania be damned.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-peyton_manning_colts_ranking_new_teams_030612

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 07:31 PM
@ Magnificent Seven

I think he wants to play in a place that gives him the best shot at winning a SuperBowl over finding a warm place to play.

Magnificent Seven
03-07-2012, 08:11 PM
@ Magnificent Seven

I think he wants to play in a place that gives him the best shot at winning a SuperBowl over finding a warm place to play.

True. We will see.

NightTerror218
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Many are posting he will not got to the NFC.

Slick
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Manning could teach McCoy how to be an offensive coordinator.

Someone needs to hurry up and interview the duke while I try not to get my hopes up.

Dzone
03-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I would love to see the Bears make a call to Peyton, then Cutler gets wind of the call and goes completely betty davis

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Ok guys this is picking up steam and is getting real.

Buzz builds that Broncos will make a run at Manning

Mike Klis of the Denver Post has reported that the Broncos will explore the possibility of signing quarterback Peyton Manning.

There’s a buzz in league circles much stronger than that.

One league source told PFT in response to the Klis report that there’s a belief the Broncos quietly have positioned themselves to make a significant push to land Manning.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/buzz-builds-that-broncos-will-make-a-run-at-manning/

Shazam!
03-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Oh Lord.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Same article they just updated it and from what it sounds like we are dead serious.

Tebow will be traded.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefterReply

Broncos will inquire about former QB Peyton Manning's availability and see if he has interest in coming to Denver.

Davii
03-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not buying it. He would cost too much money, he wouldn't be around long, and there's no telling if he can play to the same level he did before the three neck surgeries. EFX have been very consistent about wanting to build for the future through the draft, not for the next two years through free agency.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 09:13 PM
@ShannonSharpe

He prob think the Broncos might be little too far away to challenge for sb.

I got to agree with Shannon here. I don't think Manning will look at the Broncos as a contender...

...though we did win in the playoffs. But really with a few key peices, maybe pickup V-Jak or Wayne with a TE and this offense might be serious. Slide Tebow over to TE/FB.

Buff
Ok guys this is picking up steam and is getting real.

Buzz builds that Broncos will make a run at Manning

Mike Klis of the Denver Post has reported that the Broncos will explore the possibility of signing quarterback Peyton Manning.

There’s a buzz in league circles much stronger than that.

One league source told PFT in response to the Klis report that there’s a belief the Broncos quietly have positioned themselves to make a significant push to land Manning.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/buzz-builds-that-broncos-will-make-a-run-at-manning/

Keep in mind, all of these reports stem from the original Klis piece. They are all repurposing the same content. No new information. All Klis said is that we're going to give the Manning camp a call - he also said it's "the longest of long shots."

We'll inquire, and they'll tell us there are at least 3-4 more favorable situations for Manning, so we'd have to outbid them. And then we'll tell them we have no intentions of outbidding Miami or Seattle. End of conversation.

Poet
He would be really fantastic.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not buying it. He would cost too much money, he wouldn't be around long, and there's no telling if he can play to the same level he did before the three neck surgeries. EFX have been very consistent about wanting to build for the future through the draft, not for the next two years through free agency.

I really don't think Moneys the problem here. With the Broncos rolling over the cap I think they have set themselves up to spend. I actually think they want to spend....

Shazam!
03-07-2012, 09:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/34731/where-will-peyton-manning-land-2

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Yes, but if anyone knows Dove Valley it's Klis.

Where there is smoke there is fire. I remember this very well in the 2008 offseason with Cutler. This is all too familiar with us...

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 09:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/34731/where-will-peyton-manning-land-2

Ha....the have KC rated as HIGH interest. That's a big fail...everyone remembers Montana went there to die.

WARHORSE
03-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I can totally see the reasoning behind bringing in Peyton. We have the cap room. We have an up and coming defense. We play in a weak division. Tebow is humble enough to take a back seat to Peyton and a team player enough to know he can learn from Peyton. This makes us a contender now, and we still have the entire draft and other free agents.

More than anything this will give the fans the patience to wait on Tebow.

Tebow will learn under Peyton cause Peyton is willing to coach.

Peyton is a strong church going man. Peyton believes in family.

The Broncos want character players.

Tebow in the end may prove to be a capable QB, or even trade bait.

If we sign Tebow.......someone may actually make a play for him. Doubt it. But possible.

If Peyton plays and Turbo comes in during spot duty and does well, even more trade value he brings.

Lastly, Turbo just may in fact grow, and turn out to be the hero we all hope for.

Lets hope Peyton wants to come to Denver.:coffee:

WARHORSE
03-07-2012, 09:20 PM
PS..........If Denver is willing to spend the money...........and we dont get him..............? Mario?

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 09:29 PM
If were going to spend then why not Mario? Why not just build around Tebow? Let the kid throw the dang ball.....go get V-Jak too. Keep this team young and build through the draft.

nevcraw
03-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Keep in mind, all of these reports stem from the original Klis piece. They are all repurposing the same content. No new information. All Klis said is that we're going to give the Manning camp a call - he also said it's "the longest of long shots."

We'll inquire, and they'll tell us there are at least 3-4 more favorable situations for Manning, so we'd have to outbid them. And then we'll tell them we have no intentions of outbidding Miami or Seattle. End of conversation.
<-------This

not upset that they would enquire at all but think Manning will probably need a year to get the rust fully off and teach his new team his offense. he's 36 and his next hit is a crick to permanent retirement. awesome thought but too much risk for a team which needs to build depth at every position.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 09:54 PM
This has even gone as far as hollywood gossip articles.

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/03/07/peyton-manning-joining-denver-broncos-indianapolis-colts/

I got an idea, instead of the money that would be used to get Manning, how about we sign 4-5 very talented free agents and actually build a good TEAM?

Nomad
03-07-2012, 10:03 PM
We'll know soon because Manning wants to sign before FA starts.....that's what I heard on ESPNR this morning. It'll be the Chiefs...that's my prediction.....and he'll have Bowe and Wayne will follow.

DenBronx
03-07-2012, 10:08 PM
VonDoom will give him a permanant crick in his neck then.

Dzone
03-07-2012, 10:43 PM
This has even gone as far as hollywood gossip articles.

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/03/07/peyton-manning-joining-denver-broncos-indianapolis-colts/

LOL!!!..all because hollywood is in love with Tebow

Shazam!
03-07-2012, 10:54 PM
It'll be the Chiefs...that's my prediction.....and he'll have Bowe and Wayne will follow.

I pray this is NOT where he goes...

broncobryce
03-07-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm cool with him going to the Chiefs. I don't see it this ending well for him. Could be wrong.

Buff
03-08-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm cool with him going to the Chiefs. I don't see it this ending well for him. Could be wrong.

I'd rather take my chances playing Matt Cassel. Peyton has owned us his entire career.

dogfish
03-08-2012, 12:08 AM
i wanna see him go to washington, just for the drama. . .

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 03:47 AM
12 teams call Peyton Manning's reps

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7659434/sources-peyton-manning-reps-contacted-12-teams

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 04:11 AM
CBS4 Learns Broncos Serious Players For Manning

Denver (CBS4) – The Peyton Manning free agency sweepstakes are now in full swing. And the Denver Broncos, even with Tim Tebow on their roster, are serious players in the outcome.

CBS4′s Vic Lombardi has learned through multiple sources close to the situation that the Broncos have already contacted Manning’s agent. The quarterback was released by the Colts on Wednesday after 14-seasons in Indianapolis.

The sources told Lombardi that the Broncos pursuit of Manning is very active and the team could be among the frontrunners to land his services. As many as a dozen teams are believed to be interested in the future hall of famer.
READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/03/07/cbs4-learns-broncos-serious-players-for-manning/

Canmore
03-08-2012, 04:17 AM
CBS4 Learns Broncos Serious Players For Manning

Denver (CBS4) – The Peyton Manning free agency sweepstakes are now in full swing. And the Denver Broncos, even with Tim Tebow on their roster, are serious players in the outcome.

CBS4′s Vic Lombardi has learned through multiple sources close to the situation that the Broncos have already contacted Manning’s agent. The quarterback was released by the Colts on Wednesday after 14-seasons in Indianapolis.

The sources told Lombardi that the Broncos pursuit of Manning is very active and the team could be among the frontrunners to land his services. As many as a dozen teams are believed to be interested in the future hall of famer.
READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/03/07/cbs4-learns-broncos-serious-players-for-manning/

Interesting if true, all of it. Trading Tebow would be an interesting move to say the least. What is Manning going to cost and is he really interested in coming to Denver?

dogfish
03-08-2012, 04:19 AM
"already contacted his agent," "very active," "COULD be among frontrunners". . . blah blah blah. . .

sportswriters in at least fifteen NFL cities are writing the same thing. . . meanwhile NFL network is reporting miami as a likely destination, and barely mentioned denver. . . and exactly what sources "close to the situation" does lombardi have? nobody that isn't associated with the broncos, i'd bet. . . :laugh:

until i hear somebody national call us a serious contender, i ain't buyin' a bit of it. . .

claymore
03-08-2012, 07:45 AM
I like the idea of a healthy Manning. I dont see the sense in keeping Tebow at QB if we do this. Tebow will never be able to run the same plays Manning does and vice versa. I would prefer an Orton :harf: type backup.

Nomad
03-08-2012, 08:45 AM
"already contacted his agent," "very active," "COULD be among frontrunners". . . blah blah blah. . .

sportswriters in at least fifteen NFL cities are writing the same thing. . . meanwhile NFL network is reporting miami as a likely destination, and barely mentioned denver. . . and exactly what sources "close to the situation" does lombardi have? nobody that isn't associated with the broncos, i'd bet. . . :laugh:

until i hear somebody national call us a serious contender, i ain't buyin' a bit of it. . .

Manning doesn't want to be anywhere near the Tebow drama .:lol: I say manning has no chance in Denver

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Manning doesn't want to be anywhere near the Tebow drama .:lol: I say manning has no chance in Denver

If they brought in Manning I think it would be very difficult at best to keep Tebow because all it would do is intensify the distraction that comes with Tebow being in Denver. The other thing is I don't think Denver wouldn't attempt to offer Manning a contract given neck problems and the fact he's 35 years old.

claymore
03-08-2012, 09:23 AM
If they brought in Manning I think it would be very difficult at best to keep Tebow because all it would do is intensify the distraction that comes with Tebow being in Denver. The other thing is I don't think Denver wouldn't attempt to offer Manning a contract given neck problems and the fact he's 35 years old.

If Manning is 75% of his former self, Broncos fans would seperate from Tebow fans pretty quickly. Anyone that see's what manning is capable of in comaprison to Tebow, and still wants tebow, is a fan of Tebow alone.

Chef Zambini
03-08-2012, 09:35 AM
almost half of the respondants to the DP poll say they would prefer TEBOW over a healthy Manning.
There are alot of idiots in the world who call themselves bronco / tebow fans.
I cant see manning being interested in denver due to our lack of pass catching talent.
I cant see denver winning in a bidding war.
the denver talk is just the medias way to keep TEBOW in the headlines !
its the brett favre effect; the media M.O. is to find a way to keep hot topics hot.

Chef Zambini
03-08-2012, 09:42 AM
you are delerious! Just because they were one of the LOWEST spending teams last year and have money to roll over, that does not mean they will actually use it ! all indications are to the contrary !
the PRIMARY objective last year was to SAVE money !
with one of the lowest payrolls in the ENTIRE NFL, the broncos still released ORTON to save a measly (relative) 2 million dollars !

claymore
03-08-2012, 09:45 AM
you are delerious! Just because they were one of the LOWEST spending teams last year and have money to roll over, that does not mean they will actually use it ! all indications are to the contrary !
the PRIMARY objective last year was to SAVE money !
with one of the lowest payrolls in the ENTIRE NFL, the broncos still released ORTON to save a measly (relative) 2 million dollars !

If we spend 20 million on a Broke ass Manning, and we are able to get rid of Tebow without the drama, and draft the FQB of the future, its a cheap price to pay. IMO

Mike
03-08-2012, 09:49 AM
If we spend 20 million on a Broke ass Manning, and we are able to get rid of Tebow without the drama, and draft the FQB of the future, its a cheap price to pay. IMO

I wouldn't be unhappy with Manning at QB. I just hope that if he comes we can continue to build the team up. I would hope they stick with building the team through BPA instead of reaching for a FQB. This team needs to continue building...Tebow or Manning aside. They need upgrades at almost any position you pick.

I just don't think that Denver has a chance to land Manning though.

BORDERLINE
03-08-2012, 10:09 AM
I love this chit chat right here....NOT

Before anything I want to know if Peyton is healthy and HOW HEALTHY HE IS????

How easy can it be for him to be injured again?? All this nerve and Neck talk that's a BIG AZZ difference than a High ankle sprain or broken finger.

HIS INJURY is serious. ALL of last season you seen him walk around like nothing was bugging him. And he still could not play. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT...

And let's say we offer him big cash. He comes to Denver he plays 2-3 games and CAPUTT he's done. Where will that leave us? I'm all for going after him but first and foremost HE needs to be HEALTHY. The team doctors better poke him with everything they have to make sure this guy is good to GO. Then and only then will I be supporting the idea of him coming here. Which would elevate our game to Certified Contender.

Northman
03-08-2012, 10:12 AM
And let's say we offer him big cash. He comes to Denver he plays 2-3 games and CAPUTT he's done. Where will that leave us?

No offense Border but that can happen to any player at any time.

claymore
03-08-2012, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't be unhappy with Manning at QB. I just hope that if he comes we can continue to build the team up. I would hope they stick with building the team through BPA instead of reaching for a FQB. This team needs to continue building...Tebow or Manning aside. They need upgrades at almost any position you pick.

I just don't think that Denver has a chance to land Manning though.Best Hypothetical IMO is to dump Tebow off for whatever, bring Manning in and draft a dude that fits what Elway wants... The dude can polish the bench with his butt, while learning from one of the greatest QB's ever...

If Tebow was capable, I would be all for keeping him, I really, really dont think he is capable though.

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 10:20 AM
If Manning is 75% of his former self, Broncos fans would seperate from Tebow fans pretty quickly. Anyone that see's what manning is capable of in comaprison to Tebow, and still wants tebow, is a fan of Tebow alone.

IIRC Manning has had multiple surgeries on his neck he's also 35 years old. Also once you start having problems with your neck or back they never go away. I've also heard that song and dance about a player being better than most even they are never 100%. Hell I've said it myself but it's never panned out that way. He's hasn't thrown a football in over a year. At 75% he might be able to play at high level but there is no way to know that for sure.

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Really? You might want to look again the only in the DP says that it respondents would go with Manning by a wide margin.

SOCALORADO.
03-08-2012, 10:34 AM
I love this chit chat right here....NOT

Before anything I want to know if Peyton is healthy and HOW HEALTHY HE IS????

How easy can it be for him to be injured again?? All this nerve and Neck talk that's a BIG AZZ difference than a High ankle sprain or broken finger.

HIS INJURY is serious. ALL of last season you seen him walk around like nothing was bugging him. And he still could not play. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT...

And let's say we offer him big cash. He comes to Denver he plays 2-3 games and CAPUTT he's done. Where will that leave us? I'm all for going after him but first and foremost HE needs to be HEALTHY. The team doctors better poke him with everything they have to make sure this guy is good to GO. Then and only then will I be supporting the idea of him coming here. Which would elevate our game to Certified Contender.

Easy....holmes..

claymore
03-08-2012, 10:36 AM
IIRC Manning has had multiple surgeries on his neck he's also 35 years old. Also once you start having problems with your neck or back they never go away. I've also heard that song and dance about a player being better than most even they are never 100%. Hell I've said it myself but it's never panned out that way. He's hasn't thrown a football in over a year. At 75% he might be able to play at high level but there is no way to know that for sure.

Manning is an all time great. IMO at least top 5 QB's of all time. On the flip side of that, Tebow is the worst QB ive ever seen. So in reality I truly believe a 75% manning would be better for the team than Tebow.

Even if Manning just gives us a clean "out" of the tebow drama its worth it. Lots of upside to this regardless how well Manning actually plays. IMO.

BORDERLINE
03-08-2012, 10:45 AM

your right

catfish
03-08-2012, 10:47 AM

to an extent yes, but you are much more likely to aggravate or reinjure an old injury than you are to suffer a new injury. Concussions are a great example, after you have suffered 1 your risk for a second is greatly increased.

CoachChaz
Assuming he is cleared to play, I take 2-3 years of Manning every day of the week over the Tebow project. Think of how many areas we would immediately improve in with Manning under center.

BORDERLINE
Easy....holmes..

yeah who cares if he's Healthy let's just get him to get Tebow out of town. Or better yet put up a picture of one of those "projected 2nd round QB's" that we should draft.

I love those....

catfish
03-08-2012, 10:49 AM
yeah who cares if he's Healthy let's just get him to get Tebow out of town. Or better yet put up a picture of one of those "projected 2nd round QB's" that we should draft.

I love those....

I am a huge Tebow fan, but I would take a healthy Manning over Tebow in an instant....the question is how healthy is he. I wouldn't take any less than 100%. I don't think the Tebow crazies can object to Tebow sitting behind an all time great

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Manning is an all time great. IMO at least top 5 QB's of all time. On the flip side of that, Tebow is the worst QB ive ever seen. So in reality I truly believe a 75% manning would be better for the team than Tebow.

Even if Manning just gives us a clean "out" of the tebow drama its worth it. Lots of upside to this regardless how well Manning actually plays. IMO.

How does him being one of the all time great mean more than that if he's not healthy? If we were talking about a bum knee I could agree with you. But we're not, talk about his neck which is far more seriious issue.

So you would happy spending all of cap space on Manning even if he doesn't play or plays poorly just so long as we got rid of Tebow? I might be going out on limb here but I don't put that kind money in Manning to get nothing in return.

SOCALORADO.
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM

I love those....

Easy, easy holmes. Just slow down. Its all gonna work itself out.
Remember the real GOAT is running the show.
Great pick of yourself too....holmes.

Northman
03-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Assuming he is cleared to play, I take 2-3 years of Manning every day of the week over the Tebow project. Think of how many areas we would immediately improve in with Manning under center.

Exactly.

Elway played with nagging injuries so did a lot of players both past and present. I dont worry about would of, could of, or should of's. If a player can make your team that much better i would do it. And as long as he is cleared to play and the brass think its worth it than go for it.

Ravage!!!
03-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Well, we know that there is no WAY Manning would want to deal with the Tebow-ridiculousness around Denver. So that alone would keep him from coming to the Broncos. That being said, he could be at 70% and still be better than Tebow. So I absolutely would welcome Manning in Denver in a HEARTBEAT. If he doesn't stay healthy, then we have Tim. This team would make leaps with a QB like Peyton behind center.

Chef Zambini
03-08-2012, 11:13 AM
wow, a real QB in denver, too much to ask?

Lancane
03-08-2012, 11:21 AM

I love those....

Border, come on bro... I know you like the kid but let's be honest for a moment. Tebow was a projected second to third round pick, McDaniels jumped the gun and drafted him early as I suspected he would, due to Belichick's interest in Tebow, but Belichick was interested in him as a possible converted tight end or possible back-up quarterback for Brady...simply, the student wanted to outdo the master. It should be noted that the Patriots were interested in Zane Beadles, Richard Quinn and Alphonso Smith, he drafted them earlier then expected and I believe for the much the same reason. With that said, the point is that the quarterback we have in considered a second or third round talent, why should we not get him fair competition from someone of similar grading? If he's as good as people believe, no pun intended then he should be able to beat out these second and third round kids all of whom are considered better prospects.

I admit I am not a Tebow fanatic nor a supporter, I'm not going to make crap up though and I sure in the hell am not for bringing in Manning to simply run him out of town, the way I look at it though is that it gives Tebow the chance to learn from someone far superior to himself in all aspects of the position...even though I doubt Manning comes here. If anything, I believe this shows that Denver isn't as secure in Tebow as they've made themselves out to be. I'd much rather draft someone early on and have them sit and learn for a season and then have a real competition next year...but that's me.

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Well, we know that there is no WAY Manning would want to deal with the Tebow-ridiculousness around Denver. So that alone would keep him from coming to the Broncos. That being said, he could be at 70% and still be better than Tebow. So I absolutely would welcome Manning in Denver in a HEARTBEAT. If he doesn't stay healthy, then we have Tim. This team would make leaps with a QB like Peyton behind center.

Tebow and Manning agents work for the same agency. That would be screwing one client over another. I doubt they will be willing to do that.

catfish
03-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Tebow and Manning agents work for the same agency. That would be screwing one client over another. I doubt they will be willing to do that.

not if they got a deal for Tebow elsewhere...not saying it will happen just saying I don't put much stock in the agent angle

Fullback32
03-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey folks, been away a while, but this is certainly interesting news.

I would love to see Manning come to Denver, but not really sure it will happen. Gut feeling is that he goes to the Dolphins.

If the Broncos do manage do get this done though, they obviously will have to change the offense back to a more traditional NFL offense. No way Manning is going to or can run the read-option. Since that would have to happen, then Tebow would have to be traded. Tebow backing up Manning in a traditional offense? Not happening. Could you see the confusion that switching offenses to accomdate Tebow coming for Manning would create?

Nah, if Manning does come, Tebow is gone. The neck injuries do concern me though.

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 12:03 PM
to an extent yes, but you are much more likely to aggravate or reinjure an old injury than you are to suffer a new injury. Concussions are a great example, after you have suffered 1 your risk for a second is greatly increased.

Necks and backs are in the same category.

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 12:07 PM
not if they got a deal for Tebow elsewhere...not saying it will happen just saying I don't put much stock in the agent angle

You should probable read the post I was replying to. IIRC it had to do with Tebow staying in Denver. Since you brought up Woody in elsewhere then you should be aware the he also that two agency would to of clients in the same market. It makes sense to me.

Lancane
03-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Necks and backs are in the same category.

I can attest to this, with all my neck surgeries...it's rather scary and I'm limited in function, I can not turn my neck to the same degree I once could, nor can I go on certain rides at amusement parks because there is a high chance that it will agitate the injury or cause further damage.

catfish
03-08-2012, 12:11 PM
You should probable read the post I was replying to. IIRC it had to do with Tebow staying in Denver. Since you brought up Woody in elsewhere then you should be aware the he also that two agency would to of clients in the same market. It makes sense to me.

If I was Peyton I would be pissed if an agent depth charged my deal because he had another client in the area. My agent should be looking out for the best interest for me, let his agent look out for his interests. If you can get me more $$ in Denver I don't care who else you have there you get me that $$.

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 12:11 PM

my only problem is breaking the bank for him and not being able to fill other gaping holes. We had very little depth and starters who would not start on other teams. Until we improve in that I think Manning will dry up the bank.

On another note. We are not a Superbowl ready team. Manning had a stout offense around him and we dont have that. He will want to take a team who can make the super bowl.

I know people have said with Manning you are a super bowl contender, exept he only has won 1 and he may never be back to his original form.

kcvet
03-08-2012, 12:13 PM
http://oi44.tinypic.com/a1ljzo.jpg

sign with us and we'll call it the Kansas City Manning :lol:

Mike
03-08-2012, 12:17 PM
my only problem is breaking the bank for him and not being able to fill other gaping holes. We had very little depth and starters who would not start on other teams. Until we improve in that I think Manning will dry up the bank.

On another note. We are not a Superbowl ready team. Manning had a stout offense around him and we dont have that. He will want to take a team who can make the super bowl.

I know people have said with Manning you are a super bowl contender, exept he only has won 1 and he may never be back to his original form.

Let's be honest. Manning was the Colts offense. They were stout because of him.

underrated29
03-08-2012, 12:32 PM
The best news about manning is that we wont need Mike Mccoy any longer. Manning calls his own plays and can show all the rest of the people out there who think mccoy is oh so amazing that he really sucks the hairy nut sack.

Then there is tons of other good news with it. The team getting better, tebow getting better and learning from another all time great, and did I mention the fact that mccoy sucks.

Lancane
03-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Let's be honest. Manning was the Colts offense. They were stout because of him.

Manning was the whole of that team...period. They were horrid without him, and that's sort of why they had to clean house and hire this whole new staff - no team should have to rely on one single player to be the entirety of their offense, let alone team, especially in this day and age. Since the 70's the NFL has become far more 'team' orientated. We saw it with Elway, while he had good teams they lacked certain parts to be a great team. Granted a franchise quarterback is an integrated part to being a championship team, the Colts relied too much on that aspect and it cost them, whereas the Patriots put all the pieces together and are a superior team for it.

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 12:34 PM

I would quickly forget about Tebow if Manning came here and was healthy. I like Tebow but Manning is one of the greatest ever to play the game. We could have 3-4 years to try and win a SuperBowl. I'll take that bet anyday....

MasterShake
03-08-2012, 12:34 PM
On the one hand, I am still interested to see what Tebow has to offer. He took the worst team in the NFL to the playoffs and beat the Steelers but he also had the worst completion percentage in the league and lost 4 of his last 5. On the other, we have what I "think" could be a good QB based on his health status, but then I look back at Montana in KC or Favre in New York and wonder if its just going to set us back a few years. Right now I'd take my chances with Tebow over Manning because they both have uncertain futures, but god help the NFL is Tebow learns to become even an average passer.

All that being said, if we were somehow to land Manning it would be fun in a way, and I wouldn't be TOO upset. :)

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 12:36 PM
The best news about manning is that we wont need Mike Mccoy any longer. Manning calls his own plays and can show all the rest of the people out there who think mccoy is oh so amazing that he really sucks the hairy nut sack.

Then there is tons of other good news with it. The team getting better, tebow getting better and learning from another all time great, and did I mention the fact that mccoy sucks.

We wouldnt fire McCoy but his role would be reduced and he would be getting paid to just sit on the sidelines. Manning would be our OC.

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
If I was Peyton I would be pissed if an agent depth charged my deal because he had another client in the area. My agent should be looking out for the best interest for me, let his agent look out for his interests. If you can get me more $$ in Denver I don't care who else you have there you get me that $$.

It's a weak argument to say that getting more money makes it the better deal. Second you missed the point it would put two clients from the same agency in conflict. That's would be dumb.

underrated29
03-08-2012, 12:40 PM
We wouldnt fire McCoy but his role would be reduced and he would be getting paid to just sit on the sidelines. Manning would be our OC.

I know. Then maybe he will leave!! or anything, because once tebows has learned from peyton (assuming we land him etc) we will need a competent OC for tebow. And even though Manning will have mentored Tebow the entire team, not many times out there has there been a QB who was the OC, so despite tebow watching and learning we will need an OC and god help us if its sh1tty, i mean shady mccoy.

catfish
03-08-2012, 12:44 PM
It's a weak argument to say that getting more money makes it the better deal. Second you missed the point it would put two clients from the same agency in conflict. That's would be dumb.

I didn't miss the point, if I am Peyton Manning and I want to go to Denver I don't give a **** if my agent also represents Tebow, it is my agents job to do what I want not what is most beneficial to all his clients. If there is a conflict of interest it is the agents issue not Mannings. Agents are basically lawyers, it is their responsibility to provide for their individual client. Limiting a clients options due to a conflict with another client would be unethical. Peyton is the talent, he will go where he wants, if he decides that place is Denver that is where he will go it isn't going to make a damn bit of difference if Tebow is there or not. If the agent resists to avoid conflict with Tebow shitcan the agent and get a different one.

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I just heard that Denver is in the final 3 spots that Manning would like to be.

catfish
03-08-2012, 12:56 PM
I just heard that Denver is in the final 3 spots that Manning would like to be.

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/35140974

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 12:58 PM

Yep there ya go.

This is crazy to me. Part of me is really excited but nervous that we will actually pull the trigger here.

#mixedfeelings4future

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I didn't miss the point, if I am Peyton Manning and I want to go to Denver I don't give a **** if my agent also represents Tebow, it is my agents job to do what I want not what is most beneficial to all his clients. If there is a conflict of interest it is the agents issue not Mannings. Agents are basically lawyers, it is their responsibility to provide for their individual client. Limiting a clients options due to a conflict with another client would be unethical. Peyton is the talent, he will go where he wants, if he decides that place is Denver that is where he will go it isn't going to make a damn bit of difference if Tebow is there or not. If the agent resists to avoid conflict with Tebow shitcan the agent and get a different one.

Yeah you missed the point completely. First of all that's nonsense because if the agent's job is to put the client in the possible place and position. You act like it's ONLY about money well I'm pretty sure it's not. Second it's naive to think it wouldn't be Manning and Tebow's problem. It sure hell would. Third, I don't think what understand would be ethical. It's not ethical to screw one client over for another. It's naive to think that doesn't make a bit of difference as whether or not Tebow would still be in Denver.

catfish
03-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah you missed the point completely. First of all that's nonsense because if the agent's job is to put the client in the possible place and position. You act like it's ONLY about money well I'm pretty sure it's not. Second it's naive to think it wouldn't be Manning and Tebow's problem. It sure hell would. Third, I don't think what understand would be ethical. It's not ethical to screw one client over for another. It's naive to think that doesn't make a bit of difference as whether or not Tebow would still be in Denver.

I'm sorry you are mistaken, the agents job is to get the best deal for his client wherever that client decides to go.

The agent is an employee of Peyton Manning, all money aside if Peyton decides that his best fit is in Denver(for whatever reason) you really think his agent will say I'm sorry Peyton, Tebow is already in Denver you can't go there. All Peyton would then do is fire his agent and get a different one to get him a deal in Denver. The agent has no say which deal Peyton picks, they will work to get him best offers from all the teams interested. If Peyton decides to go to denver because of money or situation or he really likes skiing(who knows) the agency will have little to no sway. It is their legal obligation to represent their client in whatever moves he decides to make, they will not be able to limit his options.

edit: CAA represents over 50% of NFL starting QB's I would assume they have bumped clients before

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry you are mistaken, the agents job is to get the best deal for his client wherever that client decides to go.

The agent is an employee of Peyton Manning, all money aside if Peyton decides that his best fit is in Denver(for whatever reason) you really think his agent will say I'm sorry Peyton, Tebow is already in Denver you can't go there. All Peyton would then do is fire his agent and get a different one to get him a deal in Denver. The agent has no say which deal Peyton picks, they will work to get him best offers from all the teams interested. If Peyton decides to go to denver because of money or situation or he really likes skiing(who knows) the agency will have little to no sway. It is their legal obligation to represent their client in whatever moves he decides to make, they will not be able to limit his options.

No I'm not mistaken. Besides that I never said agent picks chooses where he wants him go. Seriously that not what I said. :salute:

Btw are you a lawyer?

catfish
03-08-2012, 01:22 PM
No I'm not mistaken. Besides that I never said agent picks chooses where he wants him go. Seriously that not what I said. :salute:

Btw are you lawyer?

not a lawyer, engineer, but I do deal with conflict of interest stuff alot due to the naturerof the business I am in.

I personally don't think Peyton will choose Denver for other reasons, I just dont think CAA will be a factor. If they are as big as they seem to be they must be making moves for clients that hurt other clients careers all the time. Like I said they represent 50% of NFL starting QB's, they didnt even mention backups. If they were to work around other clients it would severly limit their options

Northman
03-08-2012, 01:31 PM

Thats pretty crazy. I would of never thought Denver would be on his list.

vandammage13
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Getting Manning would be the perfect exit strategy for Elway to wash his hands of Tebow.

Elway has never been completely sold on Tebow (to put it generously), and this might be the only way to get rid of Tebow without suffering the certain public backlash...Of course, there will still be some that would be pissed if we move Tebow, but Peyton Manning is a pretty good consolation prize even for the staunchest of Tebowites.

That being said, I don't think we have a shot to land him...Looks like Miami is the frontrunner, but I do expect Elway to make a strong push for him.

Lancane
03-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Most thought we'd never have a chance to trade for Elway or would draft Tim Tebow either, or trade Jay Cutler or draft him for that matter. Denver seems to be the 'Twilight Zone' for quarterbacks. :lol:

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Getting Manning would be the perfect exit strategy for Elway to wash his hands of Tebow.

Elway has never been completely sold on Tebow (to put it generously), and this might be the only way to get rid of Tebow without suffering the certain public backlash...Of course, there will still be some that would be pissed if we move Tebow, but Peyton Manning is a pretty good consolation prize even for the staunchest of Tebowites.

That being said, I don't think we have a shot to land him...Looks like Miami is the frontrunner, but I do expect Elway to make a strong push for him.

And then Manning takes a big hit from someone unblocked coming through the LG spot and injures Mannings neck and ends career and we are sitting with Weber as only QB on roster. And Tebow improves to go probowl for the NFC with Jacksonville. Our running games takes us to 6-10 and we miss out on top QBs next year and have too many holes to trade up.

TXBRONC
03-08-2012, 01:59 PM
not a lawyer, engineer, but I do deal with conflict of interest stuff alot due to the naturerof the business I am in.

I personally don't think Peyton will choose Denver for other reasons, I just dont think CAA will be a factor. If they are as big as they seem to be they must be making moves for clients that hurt other clients careers all the time. Like I said they represent 50% of NFL starting QB's, they didnt even mention backups. If they were to work around other clients it would severly limit their options

Same here I'm not a lawyer but do I have to deal with conflicts of interest all the time.

Since when did we start talking about back up quarterbacks and other positions for that matter. Since you brought up the issue being ethical you can have it both ways. You're saying it's ethical to screw one client over for another but it's not ethical to try and find different place that will offer him similar money. You trying to make it all about dollars I doubt it is.

You talked about being ethical. Well it's not ethical to screw one client over for another. However it is ethical to advise Manning what he would be stepping into by going to Denver. It's not unethical to tell him of the other options. I do think CAA will be a factor in some way. We are talking about two profile clients. From what Woody said they deal with a lot of starting quarterbacks I don't recall Woody saying that they have 50% of all starting quarterbacks in the League.

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 02:00 PM

He's good friends with Elway and Denver has always been a classy team.

Seriously I think our fan base think all free agents dont see Denver as an appealing place to play. We have a nice stadium and always packed. We are in the top 10 in revenue, have a good owner, tradition, THE best uniforms....skys the limit North. One guy like Manning would open the floodgates for every free agent to want to come here.

Josh McDaniels has made us think otherwise but he is dead to me.

Northman
03-08-2012, 02:05 PM
And then Manning takes a big hit from someone unblocked coming through the LG spot and injures Mannings neck and ends career and we are sitting with Weber as only QB on roster. And Tebow improves to go probowl for the NFC with Jacksonville. Our running games takes us to 6-10 and we miss out on top QBs next year and have too many holes to trade up.

Man...so pessimistic. :lol:

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Man...so pessimistic. :lol:

haha, not all the time. If he could play under a much smaller contract. I would all over his nuts like a Kardashian on Tebows.

But not in a gay way.

vandammage13
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM

And that's why we won't get him...Our team isn't close enough to being real contenders for Manning to spend the remainder of his career here....I don't think Manning wants to risk throwing behind Beadles, Walton, Kuper coming off a broken leg, Franklin who just doesn't know how to pass protect yet, and our LT anchor being Clady who looks to have taken a few steps back.

Our line is pretty great at run blocking, but pass protection not so much...I'm sure Manning doesn't want to risk his neck relying on those guys to block for him.

And as a caveat, let me say that I would hate to see Tebow go, but I would love to see us get Manning.

Northman
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
And that's why we won't get him...Our team isn't close enough to being real contenders for Manning to spend the remainder of his career here....I don't think Manning wants to risk throwing behind Beadles, Walton, Kuper coming off a broken leg, Franklin who just doesn't know how to pass protect yet, and our LT anchor being Clady who looks to have taken a few steps back.

Our line is pretty great at run blocking, but pass protection not so much...I'm sure Manning doesn't want to risk his neck relying on those guys to block for him.

And as a caveat, let me say that I would hate to see Tebow go, but I would love to see us get Manning.

*coughbullshitcough*

Yes, our Oline is a bit young. But just ask the backup QB's in Indy how great the Oline is. Oh yea, their not outside of Saturday. Denver has just as much a chance at being a contender as Miami or Washington do. The reason why Manning would succeed here is because unlike Tebow he doesnt hold onto the ball for days and throw passes that the receivers need ladders to retrieve. When you have a QB who knows how to actually pass the ball he doesnt need to worry about getting hit.

claymore
03-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Before McD took Over Denver was a pretty well respected franchise. Now that he is gone maybe the clout is coming back. Plus, Manning needs a summer home. :)

claymore
03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Think of how happy doc Velcro will be if Manning signs with us.

catfish
03-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Same here I'm not a lawyer but do I have to deal with conflicts of interest all the time.

Since when did we start talking about back up quarterbacks and other positions for that matter. Since you brought up the issue being ethical you can have it both ways. You're saying it's ethical to screw one client over for another but it's not ethical to try and find different place that will offer him similar money. You trying to make it all about dollars I doubt it is.

You talked about being ethical. Well it's not ethical to screw one client over for another. However it is ethical to advise Manning what he would be stepping into by going to Denver. It's not unethical to tell him of the other options. I do think CAA will be a factor in some way. We are talking about two profile clients. From what Woody said they deal with a lot of starting quarterbacks I don't recall Woody saying that they have 50% of all starting quarterbacks in the League.

You can't look at the ethics from Tebow's point of view when you are speaking about the deal being made for Peyton. Peytons agents job is to get him the best deal available, they can try to steer him away from Denver, but Peyton is a grown ass man, he will go where he wants. It is illegal for a agency to negotiate a contract that is not in their clients best interest, it would open the agency up to liability claims as well as tarnish the reputation of the agency to the point where it could literally bankrupt them. The 50% quote is from CAA press release..it says nearly 50% not more than, that was my bad. A client of an agent must be confident that his agent has the clients best interest in mind, if the client feels that he cannot negotiate in good faith due to conflict of interest he would be expected to remove himself from the negotiatons and let another agent step in. If he fails to do so and it becomes public that the agent did not represent the player to the fullest of his ability it would be grounds for a lawsuit that could result in removal of their licensce or permanent ban from the NFL. If a team is excluded in the bidding for Manning the agency better be able to cite a reason for the lack of interest on the players part. The agency would get the reputation that they were more concerned with their own benefit than that of the player and it would ruin the agency. It is no different than a lawyer advising you to plead guilty to a crime you didn't commit because it helps the case of another client of their that comitted the crime. It is common for agencies to package players for the benefit of both players, but they are legally not allowed to limit a players options in order to avoid conflict

Also keep in mind this negotiation will have 0 impact on the money Tebow makes as a football player, his contract is already set. I brought up backups because brining in a starting QB necessarily negatively affect the chances of any backup QB on the team.

http://sports.caa.com/football.aspx

edit: here is a copy of the NFLPA regulations for agents, page 12 is where they address conflict of interest

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/SCAA/NFLPA_Regulations_Contract_Advisors.pdf

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Brandon Spano Show‏@BrandonSpano

Have been told that Manning's camp has called off talks with the Redskins and that he is not interested.

That means if all of these reports are true then Denver is likely in the final two teams that Manning is interested in.

Lancane
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Brandon Spano Show‏@BrandonSpano

Have been told that Manning's camp has called off talks with the Redskins and that he is not interested.

So that leaves Miami and Denver according to that one report! Hahaha... At least this gives us something to debate for longer.

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
brandon spano show‏@brandonspano

have been told that manning's camp has called off talks with the redskins and that he is not interested.

That means if all of these reports are true then denver is likely in the final two teams that manning is interested in.

manning is not going to the nfc

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 02:22 PM
manning is not going to the nfc

Of course not but he had to officialy decline them.

Cross off the Cardinals too.

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 02:23 PM
So that leaves Miami and Denver according to that one report! Hahaha... At least this gives us something to debate for longer.

Are the Jets even serious? I havent seen much about them today.

I think that still leaves the Fins, Broncos and Jets....maybe KC.

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 02:24 PM
So does that means Jeff Saturday will follow Manning as well?

Northman
03-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Ive heard Manning would probably not go to NY. The enviroment there isnt in line with who he is as a person. Too much gibber gabber from the HC on down.

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 02:26 PM
So does that means Jeff Saturday will follow Manning as well?

and maybe Wayne

CoachChaz
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
and maybe Wayne

Wayne has already been on Miami radio saying him and Manning need to play there

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Wayne has already been on Miami radio saying him and Manning need to play there

If I were Miami I would throw everything at manning and wayne. They team needs someone to sell seats and to bring that franchise out of the ashes left when Marino retired.

Mike
03-08-2012, 02:33 PM
KC or Miami

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I think Miami is the only logical place for Manning.

Plus I read somewhere that he likes warm weather places. And I hope to God he doesnt go to KC.....screw you Pioli!!!

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Chiefs and Broncos have spoken to Peyton Manning's reps.

This is 5 hours old.

CoachChaz
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
They were probably already the best non playoff team. Add Wayne and Manning and suddenly they are giving Brady and Co a run for their money

If I'm a betting man...he ends up a Dolphin. I highly doubt he has any desire at this stage of his career to deal with the Tebow drama

vandammage13
03-08-2012, 02:40 PM
*coughbullshitcough*

Yes, our Oline is a bit young. But just ask the backup QB's in Indy how great the Oline is. Oh yea, their not outside of Saturday. Denver has just as much a chance at being a contender as Miami or Washington do. The reason why Manning would succeed here is because unlike Tebow he doesnt hold onto the ball for days and throw passes that the receivers need ladders to retrieve. When you have a QB who knows how to actually pass the ball he doesnt need to worry about getting hit.

Then how did Manning injure his neck again?.......

turftoad
03-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Football players don't get injured??

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 02:50 PM
In Miami, @JeffDarlington has reported Dolphins have asked Marino to help land a QB. Would be fun to see Marino vs. Elway fight for Manning.

Miami is going all out. They will out bid Denver. If Elway is smart he will not throw away a high guaranteed contract.

Fullback32
03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Are the Jets even serious? I havent seen much about them today.

I think that still leaves the Fins, Broncos and Jets....maybe KC.

Can't see Manning playing for Rex Ryan. Nope...no way.

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Chiefs are in the mix

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/40800/chiefs-broncos-square-off-for-manning

Northman
03-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Tebow fans are completely shitting themselves right now. lmao

catfish
03-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Not I, if Manning is healthy there is no argument here. Could be a win-win, Tebow could either sit and learn with no pressure(much needed) or get traded to Jax which would most likely be a little more lenient to his learning curve as he would actually be an upgrade there, albeit a slight one

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 03:04 PM

Not I. I dont wnat to franchise to screw it self with money. I prefer 3-4 FA starters over 1 who could not play a full season. He has not had his physical and nobody knows how well he is playing right now.

CoachChaz
03-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I think it has to be Miami #1 with KC as the back-up plan. Just dont see anything else all that attractive if I am Manning

catfish
Not I. I dont wnat to franchise to screw it self with money. I prefer 3-4 FA starters over 1 who could not play a full season. He has not had his physical and nobody knows how well he is playing right now.

the reports that Manning does not want his contract tied to performance are concerning.

NightTerror218
I think it has to be Miami #1 with KC as the back-up plan. Just dont see anything else all that attractive if I am Manning

If it was all about Super Bowls I would put the Jets ahead of us too.

Dreadnought
03-08-2012, 03:07 PM

Well, that and a good number of Bronco fans. I liked what I saw in the last 3/4's of 2011. To blow that up (which would be necessitated by signing Manning) would be idiotic. We would be mediocre for a few more Years (assuming Payton ever sees the field) then be back to square one. Sorry, but staying with Tebow is clearly the smarter bet and the one with more upside. If it fails we are back to square one in a couple of years, but that I think that result is all but guaranteed if Payton comes to Denver, given the many and entangled strings which would be attached.

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 03:07 PM
the reports that Manning does not want his contract tied to performance are concerning.

exactly. That is what I have been reading. He may want a slightly smaller contract but not much. He still thinks he is one of the top in NFL and want to be paid like it.

underrated29
03-08-2012, 03:15 PM

Nor I.

Not I, if Manning is healthy there is no argument here. Could be a win-win, Tebow could either sit and learn with no pressure(much needed) or get traded to Jax which would most likely be a little more lenient to his learning curve as he would actually be an upgrade there, albeit a slight one

Im with you Catfish!

PS- But I bet Jagsbitch is imploding!

Northman
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Well, that and a good number of Bronco fans. I liked what I saw in the last 3/4's of 2011.

And what was that? The winning? Shit, we can get any QB to win a handful of games. But, if we are talking about the QB position than you and i arent seeing the same thing. Too much inconsistency and still too much work to be done.

To blow that up (which would be necessitated by signing Manning) would be idiotic. We would be mediocre for a few more Years (assuming Payton ever sees the field) then be back to square one.

Your opinion of course. But on the flipside, Manning could take us deeper in the playoffs and a possible championship while Tebow tries his best to learn how to be a QB would only be a upside.

Sorry, but staying with Tebow is clearly the smarter bet and the one with more upside. If it fails we are back to square one in a couple of years, but that I think that result is all but guaranteed if Payton comes to Denver, given the many and entangled strings which would be attached.

What strings? You have some info that the rest of the NFL doesnt have?

BroncoJoe
03-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Kind of surprised Tennesee isn't interested, or he them. I'd imagine he's kind of a God there.

That said, I heard his kids are attending school in the Miami area. Seems like a slam dunk to me.

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Kind of surprised Tennesee isn't interested, or he them. I'd imagine he's kind of a God there.

That said, I heard his kids are attending school in the Miami area. Seems like a slam dunk to me.

12 teams contacted his agent, Tenn could be one of them.

Davii
03-08-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm waiting for all the folks who decided Dawkins should retire because of a pinched nerve to come in here and go ballistic at the thought of Manning ever playing another down, much less here in Denver.

Seems to me there's a lot of hypocrisy going on. Why is it that Dawkins MUST retire for his health but some of those pounding that drum are on board with the Making possibility?

dogfish
03-08-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm waiting for all the folks who decided Dawkins should retire because of a pinched nerve to come in here and go ballistic at the thought of Manning ever playing another down, much less here in Denver.

Seems to me there's a lot of hypocrisy going on. Why is it that Dawkins MUST retire for his health but some of those pounding that drum are on board with the Making possibility?

because dawkins isn't going to replace the hated tebow. . .

:D

camdisco24
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Can't believe we are this close in the running... however, I think it might just be smoke and mirrors right now... Manning to Miami makes too much sense and the thought of him passing that up seem slim to none in my eyes.

That being said... It would be pretty awesome to have Peyton on our team. Then this off season would drag by even more waiting for MANNING TIME. I've got mixed feelings on ditching the Tebow experiment, but how can you turn down having one of the best QBs EVER on your team?

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Can't believe we are this close in the running... however, I think it might just be smoke and mirrors right now... Manning to Miami makes too much sense and the thought of him passing that up seem slim to none in my eyes.

That being said... It would be pretty awesome to have Peyton on our team. Then this off season would drag by even more waiting for MANNING TIME. I've got mixed feelings on ditching the Tebow experiment, but how can you turn down having one of the best QBs EVER on your team?

Im my eyes it is all about the money. How much is he is asking? If he wants it all guaranteed and to still be one of top paid, then my doubts come in.

SOCALORADO.
03-08-2012, 05:10 PM

I dont know about that whole Manning to Miami thing making more sense.
Payaton seems to be just fine living in Indy for 14 years even though his kids were in school in FLA.
DEN as the crow flys isnt that far from Indy. I dont think its a big deal to a guy who flys privately that he has another extra hour to go.
MIA is NOT a better team in any way to DEN. If anything DEN is closer to being a better fit just in terms of pure talent across the board. Add into the mix Reggie Wayne who will follow Payaton and for much less $$, and DEN looks just right.
Wouldnt suprise me to see Peirre Garcon and even Jeff Saturday go too. Granted, there is talent in MIA at WR, i just think DENs coaching staff and especially its newly revamped kick-ass defense make for a more solid fit for Payaton.

MasterShake
03-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Im my eyes it is all about the money. How much is he is asking? If he wants it all guaranteed and to still be one of top paiI d, then my doubts come in.

I don't think it is the money. Manning has said several times that his contract could be performance based.

BigDaddyBronco
03-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Manning and his agent are using rummors like this to drive up his price. Why would Manning come to Denver with a viable QB in the wings to step in and take his job if he gets hurt. It looks like Manning just wants one more decent paycheck before he hangs it up. Would he be like Montana with the Chiefs? MMontana looked pretty good, but I don't remember the Chiefs winning the SB with him.

camdisco24
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
I dont know about that whole Manning to Miami thing making more sense.
Payaton seems to be just fine living in Indy for 14 years even though his kids were in school in FLA.
DEN as the crow flys isnt that far from Indy. I dont think its a big deal to a guy who flys privately that he has another extra hour to go.
MIA is NOT a better team in any way to DEN. If anything DEN is closer to being a better fit just in terms of pure talent across the board. Add into the mix Reggie Wayne who will follow Payaton and for much less $$, and DEN looks just right.
Wouldnt suprise me to see Peirre Garcon and even Jeff Saturday go too. Granted, there is talent in MIA at WR, i just think DENs coaching staff and especially its newly revamped kick-ass defense make for a more solid fit for Payaton.

It's true that Denver has plenty of upside and pros, but Miami from a personal standpoint has to stand out in Payton's mind. (PS-I love the Payaton thing) From a personal standpoint its the perfect storm. People don't realize that Miami is pretty decent and QB help would make a world of difference there. Plus with his family and home there, he's got to be thinking about that at least a little bit.

Denver on the other hand is closer, I do agree with that. We have more parts in place then most of our posters here will give credit for. Would I be shocked if he came here? Yes. Would it make sense though? Totally.

BigDaddyBronco
03-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Maybe if Manning brought Jeff Saturday and Reggie Wayne with him. An interior pass rush with Beadles, Walton, and a gimmpy Kuper would spell disaster for Manning. That and we would need at least one more decent WR to open things up.

Dzone
03-08-2012, 05:52 PM
#18 is a retired number at the Broncos. The legendary Frank Tripuka. Who? Peyton would have to wear a different number.

claymore
03-08-2012, 05:57 PM
#15 will be open. :heh:

Northman
03-08-2012, 06:00 PM
#15 will be open. :heh:

:lol::lol::lol:

pnbronco
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM

They said on the radio yesterday that Peyton liked being the big dog in his division so facing NE twice a year is not as attractive as being in the West would be.

Also that he did a lot of rehab in Denver and likes the area. Plus he is really good friends with Helton. So all this makes me hopeful. I would love to have him be on our team. From what they said yesterday it will be a quick decision, so at least I woun't have to hope for too long.

I was driving out of town yesterday and the more I heard the more I kept going dang this would so great. I hated driving out of range.

It sounded like AZ is higher on the list than Miami....but I can hope!

camdisco24
03-08-2012, 06:53 PM
They said on the radio yesterday that Peyton liked being the big dog in his division so facing NE twice a year is not as attractive as being in the West would be.

Also that he did a lot of rehab in Denver and likes the area. Plus he is really good friends with Helton. So all this makes me hopeful. I would love to have him be on our team. From what they said yesterday it will be a quick decision, so at least I woun't have to hope for too long.

I was driving out of town yesterday and the more I heard the more I kept going dang this would so great. I hated driving out of range.

It sounded like AZ is higher on the list than Miami....but I can hope!

Interesting about being top dog... I think in Denver he easily becomes that. Even over Phyllis Rivers.

I'm excited too pn, we will either get to watch Payton Manning in a Broncos uniform, or continue to watch Tebow grow (and hopefully continue winning while doing that). It think either situation is win win for this organization. We're luck to be in a situation like this.

NightTerror218
03-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Interesting about being top dog... I think in Denver he easily becomes that. Even over Phyllis Rivers.

I'm excited too pn, we will either get to watch Payton Manning in a Broncos uniform, or continue to watch Tebow grow (and hopefully continue winning while doing that). It think either situation is win win for this organization. We're luck to be in a situation like this.

I too would enjoy it as long as we still have cap space to fill some major holes we still have. Let TT learn from the best in the league would be a chance not many get. Vic mentioned TT has under $900k next season. So most money could be tied into incentives. I do want to see how Manning does in physical and work out to see how he is really coming along.

Poet
03-08-2012, 08:47 PM
If Manning has two years left at a high level the Broncos have a two year SB window.

He's made paltry WRs look good. He's maybe the best offensive-minded player and your division sucks.

You do it.

BroncoStud
03-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I'd be 100% shocked to see us sign Manning.

pipes
03-08-2012, 10:03 PM

I'd be surprised as well. I think one element that isn't being talked about too much is the Reggie Wayne factor.
If those two really do want to be a package deal, would Wayne really want to play in an outdoor stadium...without tropical weather like AZ or Miami???

jlarsiii
03-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Seems like an awfully dumb thing to be shocked about...

DenBronx
03-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Lets say we got Manning.

Would the Dolphins or Jaguars be interested in Tebow? If so, then why not package Tebow and our 25th pick for the 7th or 8th overall? One of those teams get a QB that the whole state loves (ticket sales) and they still get to pick in the 1st round.

Meanwhile we have the chance to get an instant starter. Seems like a win/win for any of the teams involved.

BORDERLINE
03-08-2012, 11:51 PM
IF Manning is healthy and the Broncos are serious players like it's being reported that they are, Then GO ahead and throw everything at him. Manning is old sure but the guy doesn't get HIT for the most part he stays clean most of the game. He might still have 3-4 years left if not more. But, only if he is healthy.

Tim Tebow becomes expendable and we should trade him to JAX or MIA. Maybe we can get a little package of players and an early 2nd rounder.

Then next year (or in a couple of years) we can draft a QB to groom him to take over once Manning would be finished.

Hey I like Tebow NO doubt. But I also know Manning is a Great QB and that would be a for sure upgrade and immediately we become SB contenders with him under center.

But this is only IF Manning is HEALTHY. Who knows if HE is??

BORDERLINE
03-08-2012, 11:59 PM

I got some vatos that would love to hear you talk like that. But then again they don't associate with hinas.

you like the PIC? it's your's to keep just drag it to your desktop holmes. FIRME

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 12:14 AM

ey, take it easy essay.... dont you know vato is loco???

OrangeFanatic
03-09-2012, 12:38 AM
You are all crazy. So we sign Peyton and make the playoffs for the next 2-4 years. Too many holes for us to win a super bowl on his back alone. Then what? No super bowls, no good draft picks. We would be exactly where Indy is now, except we might not have a great #1 draft prospect.

TimHippo
03-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Manning was basically the head coach and offensive coordinator at Indy even when Dungy was there. Caldwell was just the puppet head coach for the real head coach (Peyton) I doubt he could coexist with Fox. They would have to fire Fox and McCoy and anyone else Manning disapproved of to bring him in.

tubby
03-09-2012, 12:44 AM

Seems like an awfully dumb thing to be shocked about...

Watch your mouf talking to stud like that!

TimHippo
03-09-2012, 12:45 AM
You are all crazy. So we sign Peyton and make the playoffs for the next 2-4 years. Too many holes for us to win a super bowl on his back alone. Then what? No super bowls, no good draft picks. We would be exactly where Indy is now, except we might not have a great #1 draft prospect.

If I'm Manning I go to a team that's a QB away from the super bowl. Those teams would be the Ravens, Texans, Jets, Cowboys, 49ers.
Manning doesn't have time to putz around with anyone else that doesn't have all the other pieces in place.

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 01:13 AM
If I'm Manning I go to a team that's a QB away from the super bowl. Those teams would be the Ravens, Texans, Jets, Cowboys, 49ers.
Manning doesn't have time to putz around with anyone else that doesn't have all the other pieces in place.

Nor does a team like the 49ers want to dick around and make risky moves if they are only a play away from going to the SuperBowl.

Ravens and Houston would deffinitely not want to make a QB change and mess up the chemistry of the team.

ALL of those teams are likely to see the playoffs again next year. Rex would likely do it but I doubt the other 4 teams would.

TimHippo
03-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Nor does a team like the 49ers want to dick around and make risky moves if they are only a play away from going to the SuperBowl.

Ravens and Houston would deffinitely not want to make a QB change and mess up the chemistry of the team.

ALL of those teams are likely to see the playoffs again next year. Rex would likely do it but I doubt the other 4 teams would.

They would do it in a heartbeat. Flacco is not a Franchise type QB. Schaub is too injury prone. And Alex Smith has his limitations. Sanchez, well he's pretty awful.

It's wishful thinking to think that Peyton is going to go to a mediocre team like the Redskins or Miami that doesn't have all the pieces in place.

MileHighCrew
03-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Doesn't look too bad

Northman
03-09-2012, 12:33 PM

On paper it makes sense but Manning has already ruled out wanting to play in the NFC. As for the Ravens, they wont be signing Manning. Flacco proved in the game against the Pats that he can ball and they didnt lose because of him. Same can be said about Smith (who i agree with you is not very good) who lead a game winning drive to beat the Saints. Neither Harbaugh will discard their current QB's at this time. Cowboys would be a very good setup but again, the NFC thing. Jets? Nah. Too many personality clashes there among the players and coaching staff. We got a glimpse of that when Favre was there, it just doesnt suit Manning's personality at all. Texans would be an ideal choice but then money becomes a factor.

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
They would do it in a heartbeat. Flacco is not a Franchise type QB. Schaub is too injury prone. And Alex Smith has his limitations. Sanchez, well he's pretty awful.

It's wishful thinking to think that Peyton is going to go to a mediocre team like the Redskins or Miami that doesn't have all the pieces in place.

If they would do it in a heartbeat then why are there zero reports saying they are even remotely interested in Manning?

Because their not.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Hey North do you think we should sign Manning without working him out, seeing him throw and seeing how his recovery is doing? I know he will have to pass a physical but will that really show how well he has recovered and able to throw?

I would be happy to sign him in heavy incentive based contract. $6-8mill say like 2 year contract. Leaves us room to sign Saturday, Wayne, Clark and Finnegan.

catfish
03-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey North do you think we should sign Manning without working him out, seeing him throw and seeing how his recovery is doing? I know he will have to pass a physical but will that really show how well he has recovered and able to throw?

I would be happy to sign him in heavy incentive based contract. $6-8mill say like 2 year contract. Leaves us room to sign Saturday, Wayne, Clark and Finnegan.

unfortunately he won't take it, I believe there will be plenty of teams ready to offer him guaranteed money...it is going to be a all in gamble for the team that lands him

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 12:43 PM
unfortunately he won't take it, I believe there will be plenty of teams ready to offer him guaranteed money...it is going to be a all in gamble for the team that lands him

The only thing that worries me is that risk. It took him a whole year to heal. It was not suppose to take that long at all. He just started to throw "hard" as several articles have put it. But for Manning is that 100% or 60%. I just want him worked out first and not just a has ass physical.

Northman
03-09-2012, 12:51 PM

Im sure every team will do that including Denver. They would be stupid not too.

Out of that group i would sign Saturday and Clark. We dont need Wayne as im very comfortable with out receiving core. Manning will make guys like Decker and Royal allstars. When your referring to Finnegan are you talking about the Titan? If so no thanks. Dirty cheap shot artist and bad attitude type of guy. Wouldnt want him on this club.

Northman
03-09-2012, 12:52 PM

I dont necessarily agree. Manning doesnt come across as the kind of guy who wants to "dupe" somebody. He's a class act and if a team wanted him to show and tell i think he would do it.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Im sure every team will do that including Denver. They would be stupid not too.

Out of that group i would sign Saturday and Clark. We dont need Wayne as im very comfortable with out receiving core. Manning will make guys like Decker and Royal allstars. When your referring to Finnegan are you talking about the Titan? If so no thanks. Dirty cheap shot artist and bad attitude type of guy. Wouldnt want him on this club.

If we can get a solid CB to replace Goodman then fine. Saturday and Wayne want to follow Manning and I would take both of them. I really would like a Vet WR to help out our young group. I would take Wayne over say Willis.

catfish
03-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I dont necessarily agree. Manning doesnt come across as the kind of guy who wants to "dupe" somebody. He's a class act and if a team wanted him to show and tell i think he would do it.

this is where I got my info

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17644610/if-manning-is-going-to-be-your-new-quarterback-it-will-be-on-his-terms

KC has already sent him a contract. I dunno I guess we shall see

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I wish this would just end already. Please hurry and pick a team Manning so I can stop worrying about this.

EFX will need to do damage control if this move doesnt go through and it will only build the story lines either way.

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 01:07 PM
If we can get a solid CB to replace Goodman then fine. Saturday and Wayne want to follow Manning and I would take both of them. I really would like a Vet WR to help out our young group. I would take Wayne over say Willis.

As good as Manning is, I think it will even make Goodman look better. Goodys not the best coverage guy but he's willing to be somewhat of a ballhawk at times....IIRC he has made more INTs that Bailey over the past few years. Then again Baileys rarely thrown to.

Northman
03-09-2012, 01:10 PM

As would i but just remember he wont be cheap either.

Northman
03-09-2012, 01:12 PM
this is where I got my info

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17644610/if-manning-is-going-to-be-your-new-quarterback-it-will-be-on-his-terms

KC has already sent him a contract. I dunno I guess we shall see

Interesting article but still sounds like just an opinion piece by Kirwan. There might be some merit there but either way i dont think Peyton will play for peanuts but i dont see him trying to rob the bank either.

catfish
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Interesting article but still sounds like just an opinion piece by Kirwan. There might be some merit there but either way i dont think Peyton will play for peanuts but i dont see him trying to rob the bank either.

I can see him holding a workout that teams can attend, but if he really wants to sign in a week he wont have time to workout for all of them.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I can see him holding a workout that teams can attend, but if he really wants to sign in a week he wont have time to workout for all of them.

Just read that on ESPN, teams will go to Manning to see him work out. But I also have seen many analysis with Broncos at the bottom of list for Manning. Sea-chicks, Browns, Miami, Chiefs, and AZ are all ahead of us.

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Peyton Manning to visit with John Elway, Broncos today

Peyton Manning will be in Denver tonight visiting with the Broncos, according to two NFL sources.

This is getting serious, folks.

Manning, arguably the most decorated free agent in NFL history, has the Broncos on his short list. The long-time Indianapolis Colts quarterback was released earlier this week amid concerns about his neck, a $26 million bonus payment and the team's opportunity to select highly prized quarterback Andrew Luck with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming NFL draft.

Read more: Peyton Manning to visit with John Elway, Broncos today - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20138824/peyton-manning-visit-john-elway-broncos-today#ixzz1oe3lxZcU
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Read more: Peyton Manning to visit with John Elway, Broncos today - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 01:21 PM

Peyton Manning will be in Denver tonight visiting with the Broncos, according to two NFL sources.

Manning, arguably the most decorated free agent in NFL history, has the Broncos on his short list. The long-time Indianapolis Colts quarterback was released earlier this week amid concerns about his neck, a $26 million bonus payment and the team's opportunity to select highly prized quarterback Andrew Luck with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming NFL draft.

Read more: Peyton Manning to visit with John Elway, Broncos today - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20138824/peyton-manning-visit-john-elway-broncos-today#ixzz1oe3lxZcU
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Read more: Peyton Manning to visit with John Elway, Broncos today - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

EFX better hop on a plane home soon.

Northman
03-09-2012, 01:22 PM

Its weird but i really thought we had no shot at him coming here but the more and more i read the more excited i get. lol

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Its weird but i really thought we had no shot at him coming here but the more and more i read the more excited i get. lol

He is visiting several teams, we are first on the circuit

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 01:28 PM

North, lets just say we do get a healthy Manning.

We win the AFCW 3 or 4 years in a row. It's a guarantee to not only go to the playoffs but contend for another trophy. How could any Bronco fan not be excited about that? We need to put all the selfish hype about Tebow aside and see clearly. It will also help Tebow if he truly wants to learn to be the best, if not we could easily trade him while his stock is high.

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 01:29 PM
He is visiting several teams, we are first on the circuit

He won't leave without a contract. We won't let him leave Dove Valley.

Quick, who's got the ducktape???? I've got the rope..

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 01:30 PM

EFX are still in Stillwater, they better hurry their asses up.

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 01:35 PM
EFX are still in Stillwater, they better hurry their asses up.

According to Gary Miller they are flying on the plane together back to Denver. #elwaysisaggressive

gary miller‏@thegarymillerReply

Sounds like Elway and Manning will be flying to denver together. http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/3/9/2857643/peyton-manning-broncos-rumors

Northman
03-09-2012, 01:36 PM

We win the AFCW 3 or 4 years in a row. It's a guarantee to not only go to the playoffs but contend for another trophy. How could any Bronco fan not be excited about that? We need to put all the selfish hype about Tebow aside and see clearly. It will also help Tebow if he truly wants to learn to be the best, if not we could easily trade him while his stock is high.

Its a win/win for me as a fan.

Denver gets back on the right track by becoming a contender again. The Tebowites will be quieted down for a few years while he learns (if he does). And we have a legit chance to get another trophy in the process. Whats not too love?

Northman
03-09-2012, 01:37 PM

"You dont understand Howard..you're not leaving Denver"- Mike Shanahan.

Could it be a repeat now with Fox/Elway? lol

DenBronx
03-09-2012, 01:39 PM
@AdamScheftner

Miami losing steam

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 01:41 PM

As long as he is healthy and not asking for a lot of guaranteed money. Then I am down, EFX better spend some FA money to fill other needs because then we are instant contenders with Manning and some defense holes filled.

NightTerror218
03-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Info on Mannings neck, fusion fine, neck fine, question is the nerve and arm strength.

Manning said Wednesday he is not completely recovered, but insisted he's closer than ever.

"I'm throwing it pretty well. I still have some progress to make, but I've come a long way," Manning said. "That's been the most fun part is being back out there on the field. I'm doing better, I continue to work hard and hope to continue making progress."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8277b4ef/article/doctors-say-peyton-mannings-injury-risk-is-very-low?module=HP11_headline_stack