PDA

View Full Version : WARHORSEs Free Agent Signees

WARHORSE
03-06-2012, 10:42 PM
QB Alex Smith.......Think he wants to play behind Peyton? I dont. He thinks he can unseat TT, and the Broncos think his mobility, experience and price makes him the perfect candidate to bring in that can push Tim Turbo. Yes, I think Peyton goes to San Fran

RB- Mike Tolbert and Ronnie Brown will both be in for a visit. Denver will also sign LenDale to a league minimum with no guarantees and let him try to make it out of training camp.

WR- Alas, we may let Eddie go depending on the available interest out there. Chicago will look for him as will Washington imo. And it will mostly be his punt returning skills that draw our interest because in our run heavy scheme, he is not built in the mold the offense/Tim Turbo likes. We sign Josh Morgan. Coming out of San Fran, he has deep speed and has shown flashes of great ability. My thought is he may have a hard time grasping new offenses, and Denver will learn that from talks with Alex Smith. Morgan blocks, and he has yet untapped ability. There will be interest in him. We resign Willis and may bring in another big bodied vet to come in hungry and compete out of the left overs of free agency. There are some potential 'Willis McGahee' type signings available.

OL- I dont think we will sign a big name like Nicks. I do believe there are a number of vets who can come in and give depth and versatility, and I think thats what we will do.

TE-I think we resign Fells and maybe bring back Rosario to see if he can still beat out last years rookies. I dont think he'll be here.

DL- I think we sign Jason Jones. He brings penetration up the gut and fits what Fox wants to do in this defense. Hes young, and still has room to grow. I also think we resign Bunk, and then theres Vickerson and possibly McBean depending on what he wants or the prospects coming from other teams. We will still be hoping on Warren. Thomas will be a minimum contract if that.

Corner- I think this is going to depend on the going rate. If it gets ridiculous, we will rely on the draft. If we get a decent value, we bring someone in, possibly a Carr or Finnegan, but I dont think thats likely.

LBer- The only guy I see us really interested in is Connor from Carolina. With Beason coming back, and him knowing Foxs system, I think Fox will desire him. If he gets too good a deal somewhere else, I dont see us overpaying. We will upgrade from Mays for sure, maybe even a London Fletcher who would be a stopgap, but he continues to defy odds. More likely Haggans is brought back.

Safety-I dont think we have a significant signing at this position.

We resign Colquitt at punter.

There ya have it. Shred away. :D

:salute:

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Hey, everyones got to have a pipe dream.

WARHORSE
03-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Hey, everyones got to have a pipe dream.

But of course. If we are going to spend over the cap.........let it roll. :cool:

Lancane
03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Interesting take on the quarterback situation...though I highly doubt we ink Smith, even if San Fran does nab Manning...but at least it's an original idea I haven't seen.

I agree about Connor at Mike, I think many of us are hoping for that signing and I also agree with your assessment that Royal will be gone.

CoachChaz
03-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I notice you left off CB. That is an avenue that deperately needs to be looked at in FA

Northman
03-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Had Smith not had the game winning drive vs the Saints i would say it would be a real possibility of Manning going to SF. I think Manning will end up in Washington or Miami to be honest.

Lancane
03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Had Smith not had the game winning drive vs the Saints i would say it would be a real possibility of Manning going to SF. I think Manning will end up in Washington or Miami to be honest.

Yeah, that sort of secured his returning to the team in my opinion. I'm not sure where Manning will end up, and I think Kansas City will be another contender for his services and so might Cleveland as odd as that sounds.

SOCALORADO.
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
SOCALORADO'S FA SIGNINGS

DEN signs RFA WR Mike Wallace (PIT) to offer sheet and gives up their 1st round pick (#25) to PIT.
DEN signs MLB Dan Connor (CAR)
DEN signs DT Jason Jones (TEN)
DEN signs CB Terrell Thomas (NYG)

There. Cmon man, Alex Smith!?!?!? I mean WTF!?!? Really? REALLY!?!?!
You gotta give it some life man!
Give it some juice dude.

CoachChaz
03-07-2012, 10:39 AM
SOCALORADO'S FA SIGNINGS

DEN signs RFA WR Mike Wallace (PIT) to offer sheet and gives up their 1st round pick (#25) to PIT.
DEN signs MLB Dan Connor (CAR)
DEN signs DT Jason Jones (TEN)
DEN signs CB Terrell Thomas (NYG)

There. Cmon man, Alex Smith!?!?!? I mean WTF!?!? Really? REALLY!?!?!
You gotta give it some life man!
Give it some juice dude.

This would piss me off

CoachChaz
03-07-2012, 10:40 AM

I'm going with the darkhorse...

...Seattle

Northman
03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
hahahaa

SOCALORADO.
03-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Which is specifically why i did it! Get some fricken discussion going. ASmith is a non discussion.

Now why would that pisssssssssssss you off?
Wallace is hands down the BEST deep threat in the NFL. He has HOF speed. Hes a proven commodity. Its not a waste of a pick, thats for sure.
Hes Pro bowl level talent and would AUTOMATICALLY make any other NFL team have to leave a CB and a FS over the top to cover him, which would allow for the offense to open up dramatically. (Unless your QB is handicapped!LOL!)
TT throws a really good deep ball. Its actually his best pass. Wallace should thrive then.
So is it the initial reaction to not having a 1st round pick?
Or is it the fact that DEN gave PIT the 3rd round pick that netted them Wallace to get Dick Quinn? Cause i also am still pissed about that.
Fn McDooDoohead.

WARHORSE
03-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Which is specifically why i did it! Get some fricken discussion going. ASmith is a non discussion.

Now why would that pisssssssssssss you off?
Wallace is hands down the BEST deep threat in the NFL. He has HOF speed. Hes a proven commodity. Its not a waste of a pick, thats for sure.
Hes Pro bowl level talent and would AUTOMATICALLY make any other NFL team have to leave a CB and a FS over the top to cover him, which would allow for the offense to open up dramatically. (Unless your QB is handicapped!LOL!)
TT throws a really good deep ball. Its actually his best pass. Wallace should thrive then.
So is it the initial reaction to not having a 1st round pick?
Or is it the fact that DEN gave PIT the 3rd round pick that netted them Wallace to get Dick Quinn? Cause i also am still pissed about that.
Fn McDooDoohead.

Yeah, Smith is a longshot if simply for no other reason than odds, but hey, I invited some shredding so have at it. He is the only FA veteran QB that I can say would be a good signing for the franchise/Tim Turbo. Kyle Orton anyone?
The Wallace signing? No. While I totally agree with your assessment of his skill and his worth here to TT, why sign a guy that cost you a draft pick and a big contract when you can draft a speedster or sign one that does not require both?
Wallace would help the team. Hes worth a first round pick in the sense that which one would come in and start guaranteed? But youre giving away value. The big contract it would take can be used to sign a FA WR of great caliber. The draft pick can be used to fill an entirely different position.

A team that would look at Wallace imo is the Pats. They have an extra first round pick.

NightTerror218
03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I think Manning is going to the Jets. They are the most Super Bowl ready team. Add him to a great defense, and WRs who know how to get it done. I think they will pound the pats and Wayne following him would be scary.

Lancane
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I think Manning is going to the Jets. They are the most Super Bowl ready team. Add him to a great defense, and WRs who know how to get it done. I think they will pound the pats and Wayne following him would be scary.

Unfortunately if they do that then they alienate Sanchez and that will cause a whole other problem for them.

NightTerror218
03-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately if they do that then they alienate Sanchez and that will cause a whole other problem for them.

team is better then one man. And doing that would make them prob the team to beat. If manning goes there, I could see them in the super bowl.

NightTerror218
03-07-2012, 03:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/54758/marshall-faulk-no-nfc-for-peyton-manning

Marshall Faulk seems to know that the NFC is out of the question for Manning. But would make sense he would not want to play against his Bro in the NFC and knock him out of SB shot but rather play against him. That would put Jets and Miami at the top of the list IMO for Manning. Both is the same division as Brady, funny.

Dzone
03-07-2012, 07:26 PM
LenDale? LMAO!
Maybe he gives knowshon a run for his money as the most fragile running back in franchise history