PDA

View Full Version : NFL Owners Meetings: New rules:

turftoad
03-24-2009, 01:43 PM
As per ESPN

15 yard penalty for blindside block to the head.

15 yard penalty for initial contact to a defenseless offensive players head.

No more than two men in na 'wedge' on KO returns.

no more than 5 players to a side on onside attempts.

--------------------------------------------------

Might as well make it two hand touch. I'm all for player saftey but pretty soon they won't even need pads. :tsk:

Buff
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
They're also talking about banning the type of hit that blew out Brady's knee-- So if a defensive player is on the ground, they have to swipe at a QB with their arms or get up off the ground-- they can't lunge at his legs.

Golic was bitching about that one on Mike & Mike this morning.

honz
03-24-2009, 01:49 PM
They're also talking about banning the type of hit that blew out Brady's knee-- So if a defensive player is on the ground, they have to swipe at a QB with their arms or get up off the ground-- they can't lunge at his legs.

Golic was bitching about that one on Mike & Mike this morning.
As he should. QB's are already babied enough. If they change that rule they may eventually implement the 2 hand touch rule.

underrated29
03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
All these rule changes because of BRady. What crap, anyone can set records and be super offensive players when they dont have to worry about contact. Thats why we play football, because its contact.

They can go play flag football, or handball with jake if they cant handle the big boys.

AlWilsonizKING
03-24-2009, 02:05 PM
All these rule changes because of BRady. .

It would seem to me that the first two 15 yard penalties should be called the "Ketchup" Ward rules.....seeing as he was always a head hunter during int's. I always hated him for that....it was not okay for a D player to hit a defenseless O player in the head, yet it's okay for him to aim for the head of a player looking the other way on an int return...:mad:

Good to see they are gonna change that.

PEACE!!!

Lonestar
03-24-2009, 02:24 PM
As per ESPN

15 yard penalty for blindside block to the head.

15 yard penalty for initial contact to a defenseless offensive players head.

No more than two men in na 'wedge' on KO returns.

no more than 5 players to a side on onside attempts.

--------------------------------------------------

Might as well make it two hand touch. I'm all for player saftey but pretty soon they won't even need pads. :tsk:

that makes it a normal kickoff so much for onsides kicks

five on one side five on the other and the kicker in the middle.. what innovation..

bcbronc
03-24-2009, 04:26 PM
that makes it a normal kickoff so much for onsides kicks

five on one side five on the other and the kicker in the middle.. what innovation..

and what's the logic behind it? was it really ruining the game?

I'll wait to pass judgement on the first two rules until I see a definition on "block to the head". you better still be able to knock some star-gazing chump on his ass, or it just aint football.

weazel
03-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I think they mistyped the rule. 15 yard penalty for blindside block to the head should just read, 15 yard penalty for being a block head

http://i.current.com/images/asset/893/160/04/p0vc4D.jpg

Lonestar
03-24-2009, 04:44 PM
and what's the logic behind it? was it really ruining the game?

I'll wait to pass judgement on the first two rules until I see a definition on "block to the head". you better still be able to knock some star-gazing chump on his ass, or it just aint football.

not that I could see personally I like to see the coaches gamble on it sometimes it works some times it does not..

It is an option that adds excitement to a close game with minutes left in it..

TXBRONC
03-24-2009, 04:48 PM
All these rule changes because of BRady. What crap, anyone can set records and be super offensive players when they dont have to worry about contact. Thats why we play football, because its contact.

They can go play flag football, or handball with jake if they cant handle the big boys.

As it is some of the rules that were already on the books required players to defy the laws of physics.

GEM
03-24-2009, 05:10 PM
And this is why most of my favorite football clips are from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Because they were actually allowed to play sans stupid rules. For crying out loud, if you don't want a guy lunging at your knee or anywhere else on your body....a football field probably shouldn't be your office. :yardog: