PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like NAPOLEON is Burning Bridges....

WARHORSE
03-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Classic. McDaniels is making enemies faster than Napoleon with with a nuclear warhead.

Im wondering why McDaniels has chosen now to stonewall the Denver area media. Hes not trying to talk to any of em.

But he is league mandated to do so tomorrow.

http://photos.denverpost.com/photoprojects/galleries/video.html?bcpid=1504364485&bclid=1443772310&bctid=17308048001

"Yes, he's our quarterback," Josh McDaniels said Monday.
"He's our quarterback. Period," the Broncos' coach repeated.
Gosh, Josh, will Jay Cutler be your quarterback on April 17 when the Broncos' first mandatory mini-camp begins?
McKid Coach, will Jay-C be Denver's QB on April 25, the first day of the NFL draft? On July 24, the opening of Broncos training camp? On Sept. 13, the first Sunday afternoon game of the Broncos' 2009 regular season?
Josh McDaniels, will Jay Cutler be "He's our quarterback" in the Broncos' historic first (NFL) Thanksgiving home game?
"He's our quarterback," McDaniels said in a (league- mandated) interview with the NFL Network on Monday at the owners meetings. "We can't predict the future. He's our quarterback. We want him to be our quarterback."
So, it should be clear to everybody that Jay's "Our Quarterback."
At least, for now, today — but it's early.
What if the Kansas City Chiefs text message McDaniels this afternoon and offer Matt Cassel straight up for Cutler? What if the New York Jets beg for Cutler in exchange for the Nos. 17 and 52 picks in the draft? What if the Chicago Bears propose swapping the No. 18 selection and Kyle Orton to Denver?
He may not be "Our Quarterback" anymore.
"Every decision we make is based on trying to do what's best for the football team in order for us to win and improve," McDaniels said.
In another (league-ordered) interview with The Post and other media today, McDaniels possibly will expand on his statement that Cutler is "one of our better, our best players. He's a good leader, and we look forward to having him back with us."
Cutler should be on the shortlist with Champ Bailey, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal and . . . uh. The list is very short. But Bailey, Marshall (despite a potential half-season suspension) and Royal did not have their names tossed around in trade talk. (Wonder how they would react?) "Good leader"? McDaniels and others haven't thought much of Cutler's leadership lately. "Looking forward to have him back"? Cutler didn't go anywhere, although McDaniels thought about sending him somewhere, which caused the brouhaha.

But the coach seems to be trying to make nice.
McDaniels told me weeks ago that he is able to "text message," which could have been depicted as a rip job (but wasn't) of predecessor Mike Shanahan, who had admitted he didn't know how to text message.
So McDaniels text messaged Cutler the other day, and Cutler didn't respond, according to an NFL source. A text message is for ordering a pizza or replying to a fishing buddy, not for contacting "our quarterback." Pick up the phone, Josh, or fly to Nashville.
The word I get is that the Broncos won't trade Cutler, although the laughing hyenas are circling and drooling, knowing Cutler instantly would help teams in Tampa, Detroit, Washington, St. Louis, Cleveland, San Francisco, Buffalo, Washington, Chicago, New York (Jets) . . . need I go on?
Meanwhile, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen told Mike Klis of The Post he doesn't want to get "involved." Involved?! This is the same owner who held up the Super Bowl trophy and said it was for the quarterback and fired the coach because he wanted to be more "involved."
The owner has taken the Nero approach, grabbing a fiddle while the Broncos burn. And there is the case of backup quarterback Chris Simms, who told Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star- Telegram "it's a crazy
situation" with the Broncos.

"If you open the paper here in Denver, or turn on the radio, you definitely hear a lot about the whole situation, and deservedly so. It's the Denver Broncos, and it's Jay Cutler, who is definitely one of the top five best quarterbacks in the NFL. . . . Who knows the real story?"
Simms does understand such a story. In 2005, Simms, then 25, replaced Brian Griese, who was injured, as Tampa Bay's starting quarterback and led the Bucs to the playoffs. However, in the third game of the next season, he suffered a ruptured spleen, almost died and didn't play the rest of the season. When Simms returned in 2007, coach Jon Gruden didn't want him on the team. Simms said at the time: "The relationship between me and Coach Gruden, it's broken. And I don't see any way it's going to get better."
At the end of the 2007 season, Simms was released. At the end of the 2008 season, Gruden was fired. McDaniels and Cutler should talk to "our other quarterback" about coach-quarterback rapport.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Good article, that's about how I see things..

You have a player who is reported to have asked for a trade, however that player said he will play if he is still on the roster when it's time to take the field. You claim to want to keep that player on the team... Then you and the owner of the team make it known to all if the player acts out he will get the trade he wants? Is that really supposed to make since?

If the guy has already said he wants to be traded, why would you let him know you will give him what he wants if he doesn't tell you what you want to hear, if you really wanted to keep him?

Wouldn't you just tell him he will have to suck it up and deal if he wants to play football next year? Come right out and say, he will play for us or he wont be playing at all? Why in the world would you give him hope of being traded if he acted negatively if you truly felt he wanted to be traded? Wouldn't that just make him act in the negative way just so you would trade him?

Why feed the fire, if you want the fire to go out?

JKcatch724
03-24-2009, 05:28 AM
WAR, I love you man, but come ON. McDaniels did his interview with NFL Network even though he didn't have to, and I think he was pretty up front about the whole thing.

I'm not on one side or the other, but this really irked me... For all the Cutler extremists, how do you defend the fact that he didn't respond to McD's text messages?

What are we in 5th grade?

JKcatch724
03-24-2009, 05:47 AM
Good article, that's about how I see things..

You have a player who is reported to have asked for a trade, however that player said he will play if he is still on the roster when it's time to take the field. You claim to want to keep that player on the team... Then you and the owner of the team make it known to all if the player acts out he will get the trade he wants? Is that really supposed to make since?

If the guy has already said he wants to be traded, why would you let him know you will give him what he wants if he doesn't tell you what you want to hear, if you really wanted to keep him?

Wouldn't you just tell him he will have to suck it up and deal if he wants to play football next year? Come right out and say, he will play for us or he wont be playing at all? Why in the world would you give him hope of being traded if he acted negatively if you truly felt he wanted to be traded? Wouldn't that just make him act in the negative way just so you would trade him?

Why feed the fire, if you want the fire to go out?

It seems as though the ball is in Jay/Bus Cook's court as of now... I'm expecting Jay to speak through the media after Josh's NFLN interview.

Josh explained in pretty clear English that he wants him as his quarterback.

So, at this point, if Jay comes out publicly and declaims Josh, he's clearly got some problem that has to do with CASH. You can thank Bus Cook for that.

Dirk
03-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Agreed. I think a lot of this comes down to Bus wanting a big payday. :tsk:

nthngd2say
03-24-2009, 06:30 AM
I personally could care less if our coach talks to the local media or not. Just my opinion. The majority of the stories aren't completely accurate anyways so it's not like we're missing out. I liked reading Legwold and that's about it since Schefter moved on to the NFL Network.

I think McDaniels saying "Jay is the QB, period" is about as good as its gonna get. I have no idea if McDaniels really sent Cutler a text or if Cutler got it. 95% of the media "stories" about McJaygate have been incorrect so who knows. Cutler told Vic Lombardi he's reporting to the April 17th OTA and has said multiple times he will report to training camp also. McDaniels said several times previously and in the interview that Jay is the QB and their relationship is not irreparable. The media is butt hurt their getting no new stories but given the results of the public comments thus far - why continue giving the media comments? The media has done McDaniels, Cutler and Bowlen no favors and suddenly all three don't have much to say publicly unless its mandated.

Cutler is going nowhere and neither is McDaniels.

claymore
03-24-2009, 06:35 AM
WAR, I love you man, but come ON. McDaniels did his interview with NFL Network even though he didn't have to, and I think he was pretty up front about the whole thing.

I'm not on one side or the other, but this really irked me... For all the Cutler extremists, how do you defend the fact that he didn't respond to McD's text messages?

We dont know what McDaniels Text said. I think McDaniels has shown his people skills are lacking. It could have been as gruff as "Call me".

nthngd2say
03-24-2009, 06:46 AM
We dont know what McDaniels Text said. I think McDaniels has shown his people skills are lacking. It could have been as gruff as "Call me".

I think the only thing we can say is we don't know. Based on media reports, Cutler was mad first not because he was involved in trade talks but because he felt the Broncos were actively shopping him - not just to NE for Cassel. Then Cutler was supposedly mad because McDaniels criticized his play. Ultimately it turned out [so far as we know] that Cutler was upset because McDaniels initially denied working the Cassel trade and that McDaniels was never critical of Cutler. The details of McJaygate are sketchy at best so I guess I no longer take what is reported as truthful or even accurate given what we have learned thus far. NFL Network or ESPN or the Post could report McDaniels texted Cutler "You're my QB forever" and unless Schefter reported it or either McDaniels or Cutler did an interview confirming it - I would doubt it right now.

claymore
03-24-2009, 07:12 AM
I think the only thing we can say is we don't know. Based on media reports, Cutler was mad first not because he was involved in trade talks but because he felt the Broncos were actively shopping him - not just to NE for Cassel. Then Cutler was supposedly mad because McDaniels criticized his play. Ultimately it turned out [so far as we know] that Cutler was upset because McDaniels initially denied working the Cassel trade and that McDaniels was never critical of Cutler. The details of McJaygate are sketchy at best so I guess I no longer take what is reported as truthful or even accurate given what we have learned thus far. NFL Network or ESPN or the Post could report McDaniels texted Cutler "You're my QB forever" and unless Schefter reported it or either McDaniels or Cutler did an interview confirming it - I would doubt it right now.

All I can say is McDaniels can do alot better with this situation. I mean a text......? Thats his method of opening Communication?

nthngd2say
03-24-2009, 07:25 AM
All I can say is McDaniels can do alot better with this situation. I mean a text......? Thats his method of opening Communication?

Kids these days are more into texting than actual conversations... :D

Again, is it true? If he did send a text, was there a smiley face or not? Without the facts, it would be easy to say why is Cutler talking to Vic Lombardi [who? I thought Gary Miller was the man at CBS4] but not McDaniels. McDaniels said nothing though about a text in his interview even though the text in question was supposedly sent just before or at the beginning of the NFL meetings - which I believe was prior to his NFL Network interview. Also, does Cutler's calling plan include text messaging? If so, maybe its not unlimited and he doesn't want to go over his plan since he forfeited his $100,000 bonus. :D

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 07:32 AM

Hay J, U want to be friends again? U want 2 rent a booby movie N spend the night?

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 07:34 AM
It seems as though the ball is in Jay/Bus Cook's court as of now... I'm expecting Jay to speak through the media after Josh's NFLN interview.

Josh explained in pretty clear English that he wants him as his quarterback.

So, at this point, if Jay comes out publicly and declaims Josh, he's clearly got some problem that has to do with CASH. You can thank Bus Cook for that.

No matter what Cutler says or doesn't say, he can't trade himself...

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Grabbing at straws. Saying "He's our QB" isnt good enough? A text message is probably about as direct as you can get with one on one communication and it's not good enough? Do we know he didnt try to call first? Even though we were told we recieved offers for other players, the fact that there isnt drama suddenly eliminates that from a possibility?

This is getting insane. I am fully convinced that we could go to the Super Bowl this year, win 50-0 and one of the Cutler sympathizers will complain that Cutler could have thrown for 400 yards in winning the MVP instead of 350 if Josh didnt hate him so much.

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Hay J, U want to be friends again? U want 2 rent a booby movie N spend the night?

The way Jay's acted...might work.

claymore
03-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Kids these days are more into texting than actual conversations... :D

Again, is it true? If he did send a text, was there a smiley face or not? Without the facts, it would be easy to say why is Cutler talking to Vic Lombardi [who? I thought Gary Miller was the man at CBS4] but not McDaniels. McDaniels said nothing though about a text in his interview even though the text in question was supposedly sent just before or at the beginning of the NFL meetings - which I believe was prior to his NFL Network interview. Also, does Cutler's calling plan include text messaging? If so, maybe its not unlimited and he doesn't want to go over his plan since he forfeited his $100,000 bonus. :D
A text isnt traceable, I would laugh if Jay comes back and says "I didnt receive a text".

BTW i am lumping McD in as a whiny cry baby bitch now since he is crying to the media that Cutler didnt reply to his text message.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 07:45 AM
The way Jay's acted...might work.

Maybe it would? Maybe he should try that instead of telling the entire world he doesn't know if Cutler will be the Broncos QB in the future...

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Maybe it would? Maybe he should try that instead of telling the entire world he doesn't know if Cutler will be the Broncos QB in the future...

When the hell was this said?

claymore
03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
When the hell was this said?

Last night.

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
A text isnt traceable, I would laugh if Jay comes back and says "I didnt receive a text".

BTW i am lumping McD in as a whiny cry baby bitch now since he is crying to the media that Cutler didnt reply to his text message.

Crying?

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Last night.

He responded by saying HE'S OUR QUARTERBACK. Cutler...unless I've been dreaming...just requested a trade. Based on his request, how can we, the team or the coach predict if he will be the QB in the future? Jay may stick to his guns and hold out until he's traded. No one knows.

You guy read way to much into shit just to dig up the most meager crap to hold against McD. Sad

claymore
03-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Crying?

Yeah he was being a bitch, saying how he texted Cutler once and he didnt respond. Inbetween he cleared his throat every time Cutlers name was mentioned.

claymore
03-24-2009, 07:56 AM
He responded by saying HE'S OUR QUARTERBACK. Cutler...unless I've been dreaming...just requested a trade. Based on his request, how can we, the team or the coach predict if he will be the QB in the future? Jay may stick to his guns and hold out until he's traded. No one knows.

You guy read way to much into shit just to dig up the most meager crap to hold against McD. Sad

Same can be said about people supporting McD. You heard what McDaniels said.

In your eyes does it look like McD is trying to patch things up?

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah he was being a bitch, saying how he texted Cutler once and he didnt respond. Inbetween he cleared his throat every time Cutlers name was mentioned.

I texted you once and you didnt respond. Am I crying now?

I swear...Josh could take a dump and somehow it would be translated that he had a picture of Jay in the toilet when he did it.

This has officially become pathetic.

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Same can be said about people supporting McD. You heard what McDaniels said.

In your eyes does it look like McD is trying to patch things up?

I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone. i have NO CLUE what goes on behind the scenes.

In the eyes of Cutler extremists, anything short of publicly blowing Cutler will be seen as a dig against him. WTF else is McD suppose to say in a public interview? He said he was the QB of the team, that he looks forward to working with him and that he tried to contact him. Anything else is best left unsaid because the media and those that BLINDLY hate Josh will just blow it up into somethin that it never was and the drama starts all over.

claymore
03-24-2009, 08:01 AM
I texted you once and you didnt respond. Am I crying now?

I swear...Josh could take a dump and somehow it would be translated that he had a picture of Jay in the toilet when he did it.

This has officially become pathetic.

Me calling McD a bitch for him stating Cutler didnt reply to the text is similar to people calling Cutler a bitch for whatever he has done to be perceived as a bitch.

And..... Sorry for not returning your text Chaz. :D I have a shitty phone to text with.

claymore
03-24-2009, 08:04 AM
I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone. i have NO CLUE what goes on behind the scenes.

In the eyes of Cutler extremists, anything short of publicly blowing Cutler will be seen as a dig against him. WTF else is McD suppose to say in a public interview? He said he was the QB of the team, that he looks forward to working with him and that he tried to contact him. Anything else is best left unsaid because the media and those that BLINDLY hate Josh will just blow it up into somethin that it never was and the drama starts all over.

I agree with the behind the scenes stuff. And I dont want any ass kissing. I just want an honest attempt my McDaniels or Cutler to resolve this.

At this point it seems like Cutler is going to have to kiss ass just to stay. And that doesnt seem right to me.

If McD is this gruff, non chalant etc... about it in an interview I can only imagine how he is one on one.

CoachChaz
Me calling McD a bitch for him stating Cutler didnt reply to the text is similar to people calling Cutler a bitch for whatever he has done to be perceived as a bitch.

And..... Sorry for not returning your text Chaz. :D I have a shitty phone to text with.

Not even close

nthngd2say
I never heard McDaniels say, or saw a quote from McDaniels, regarding the text that never was. An 'NFL source' "reported" that McDaniels sent a text that was not returned. Neither McDaniels or Cutler has commented on this - as both seem to be limiting their media exposure. The Lombardi "report" that Cutler was upset because McDaniels 'criticized his play' in their meeting was not commented on by either initially either and ended up being completely 100% false. The drama is losing its steam so the media has to keep feeding it as there is nothing else to report other than David Patten signed with Browns and the competition committee made some rule changes....

claymore
Not even close

Its the same thing. If Cutler said it he would be a stalking head case bitch.

Scarface
03-24-2009, 08:11 AM

A text message is not an appropriate form of communication for this situation. The type of communication needed is more formal and more personal. You know man to man. None of this typing on a phone stuff.

Shazam!
03-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Why people are still griping I do not know.

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Why people are still griping I do not know.

Too late to turn back now

GEM
03-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Grabbing at straws. Saying "He's our QB" isnt good enough? A text message is probably about as direct as you can get with one on one communication and it's not good enough? Do we know he didnt try to call first? Even though we were told we recieved offers for other players, the fact that there isnt drama suddenly eliminates that from a possibility?

This is getting insane. I am fully convinced that we could go to the Super Bowl this year, win 50-0 and one of the Cutler sympathizers will complain that Cutler could have thrown for 400 yards in winning the MVP instead of 350 if Josh didnt hate him so much.

I agree Chaz.

He's resorted to text messages in hopes of getting an answer since Jay won't answer his phone calls. Who is the one who has cut off all communication? That's really putting himself in prime position to make himself leader of this team. Hell, his behavior is enough to force a trade.

I'm a Broncos fan first and foremost, no one player is more important than the organization...and if Cutler doesn't want to be here anymore....later. I don't believe in stroking that kids ego. You do it once and you are setting the tone that if he kicks and whines, you'll give in.

This is all idle until April mandatory practice and meetings. Jay Cutler has boxed himself into a corner and he isn't going to show his cards until he absolutely has to.

GEM
03-24-2009, 09:40 AM
A text message is not an appropriate form of communication for this situation. The type of communication needed is more formal and more personal. You know man to man. None of this typing on a phone stuff.

Cutler won't answer his phone. I guess McDoogie is supposed to put off the offseason stuff with other players on this team, put off the team meetings, hop a plane and go pat Jay on the back, kiss his ass a bit and ask him to please come back to Denver. :lol: You set that precedence as a coach and those players will eat your ass alive.

WARHORSE
03-24-2009, 10:53 AM

Text message????

Call me old school........text messages are for kids.

No offense to those of you who DO text.......

And youre wrong, the interview was league mandated according to the article.

Also will have to do another with the Denver media today.

WARHORSE
03-24-2009, 10:58 AM

Lets say........hypothetically of course..........that McDaniels is purposeful in trying to trade Cutler.

What do you think hes going to say in that interview?

Hes up for grabs?

All Im saying, is it was league mandated, and it means NOTHING unfortunately.

They will eventually have their chance to work it out again, cause Cutler has stated he will be there in mandatory meetings.

We all will have to wait, unless some good news comes forth prior to that.

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 10:58 AM
If I cant get hold of someone by calling them, I send them a text mesage. Just saying

Shazam!
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Everytime I go out I see dozens of people typing away on their cell phone... Ahem, 'mobile device'.

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Lets say........hypothetically of course..........that McDaniels is purposeful in trying to trade Cutler.

What do you think hes going to say in that interview?

Hes up for grabs?

All Im saying, is it was league mandated, and it means NOTHING unfortunately.

They will eventually have their chance to work it out again, cause Cutler has stated he will be there in mandatory meetings.

We all will have to wait, unless some good news comes forth prior to that.

At the end of the day, they will have a relationship, even if it's forged. We all know that Cutler isnt going anywhere because they just wont get any value in return for him no matter what they do. Picks are not equal to talent...I dont care how many you get for it.

I have no doubt that McD looked at the Cassell trade. And yes, maybe he did intitate it and maybe he didnt. But I'm completely okay with a coach looking into an opportunity to make the team better. At the end of the day, the deal wasnt better and they squashed it.

Were there lies about how it happened? Who the hell knows. It's just one persons word and understanding versus another and something like that can be repaired.

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Cutler won't answer his phone. I guess McDoogie is supposed to put off the offseason stuff with other players on this team, put off the team meetings, hop a plane and go pat Jay on the back, kiss his ass a bit and ask him to please come back to Denver. :lol: You set that precedence as a coach and those players will eat your ass alive.

We dont know that Cutler wont answer his phone. McDaniels only said he texted him.

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:07 AM
At the end of the day, they will have a relationship, even if it's forged. We all know that Cutler isnt going anywhere because they just wont get any value in return for him no matter what they do. Picks are not equal to talent...I dont care how many you get for it.

I have no doubt that McD looked at the Cassell trade. And yes, maybe he did intitate it and maybe he didnt. But I'm completely okay with a coach looking into an opportunity to make the team better. At the end of the day, the deal wasnt better and they squashed it.

Were there lies about how it happened? Who the hell knows. It's just one persons word and understanding versus another and something like that can be repaired.

I agree. But I will add that McDaniels started it, so the Onus is on him to repair things.

KCL
03-24-2009, 12:05 PM

Hasn't Jay refused to meet with him to get this hashed out? I am just asking after reading all these threads (yes I must be bored ) it sounds as if Jay won't meet with him or return his calls...:whoknows:

I know one thing...I wish the 2 of them would get their shit together...:rolleyes:

Lonestar
03-24-2009, 12:22 PM

hell he has tried everything else short of smoke signals..

when he tries to do anything it is not good enough for the cutler crowd..

prostrating himself on national TV and committing seppuku would be looked upon as not being man enough to admit to "lying" to jay..

Give it ******* rest folks..

KCL
03-24-2009, 12:33 PM
hell he has tried everything else short of smoke signals..

when he tries to do anything it is not good enough for the cutler crowd..

prostrating himself on national TV and committing seppuku would be looked upon as not being man enough to admit to "lying" to jay..

Give it ******* rest folks..

Smoke signals...I like that Jr...LMAO!

Lonestar
03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
quick everyone race to this thread now..

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35807

so we can discuss the new development ad nauseam..

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:38 PM
We dont know that Cutler wont answer his phone. McDaniels only said he texted him.

In the days after the story broke, he wouldn't even return a call to the owner of the team, and that has been reported straight from McDaniels mouth.

silkamilkamonico
03-24-2009, 01:41 PM
In the days after the story broke, he wouldn't even return a call to the owner of the team, and that has been reported straight from McDaniels mouth.

As well as Bowlen's. Both McDaniels and Bowlen tried calling Cutler for weeks without getting any response back whatsoever.

I'ts becoming more and more obvious to me that Cutler is the one making more out of this than is really there, and the screening phone calls and not reporting to workouts is Cutler not being able to swallow his pride and move on from it.

Almost any player interviewed on this story, past/present, says Cutler had a right to be hurt initially, but needs to get over himself about the situation.

dogfish
03-24-2009, 03:04 PM
oy! any chance we can just put an embargo on all this until april 17th?

BigDaddyBronco
03-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Or until Jay gets traded. :D

dogfish
03-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Or until Jay gets traded. :D

****!

:yardog:

silkamilkamonico
03-24-2009, 03:23 PM

No chance whatsoever. It's forum "etiquette" to add at least 3-5 trash McDaniels threads a day.

It needs it's own forum. There are problems when you go back 9 pages in the "Generel Discussion" and 85%+ of the threads are on pretty much the eact same situation.

Lonestar
03-24-2009, 03:29 PM
No chance whatsoever. It's forum "etiquette" to add at least 3-5 trash McDaniels threads a day.

It needs it's own forum. There are problems when you go back 9 pages in the "Generel Discussion" and 85%+ of the threads are on pretty much the eact same situation.

same standard mc dick lied in each of the post for the cutlet fans..

turftoad
03-24-2009, 04:25 PM

This was a (league- mandated) interview with the NFL Network on Monday at the owners meetings.

If it wasn't league mandated, who knows if he would have given it.

Lonestar
03-24-2009, 05:19 PM
This was a (league- mandated) interview with the NFL Network on Monday at the owners meetings.

If it wasn't league mandated, who knows if he would have given it.

todays were mandated, I do not believe that yesterdays was..

Simple Jaded
03-24-2009, 06:37 PM

Nothing says "NFL Head Coach" like "Yo Jay, it's ya boy, Micky D...hit me back! XoXoXoXo".......

WARHORSE
03-24-2009, 08:53 PM

For one, they didnt answer his calls first.

Second..........Cutler didnt answer his phone cause it was: 'Talk to Bus' time.

WARHORSE
03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
todays were mandated, I do not believe that yesterdays was..

Yesterdays was.

Todays was a mandated media lunch for all coaches.

WARHORSE
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
As well as Bowlen's. Both McDaniels and Bowlen tried calling Cutler for weeks without getting any response back whatsoever.

I'ts becoming more and more obvious to me that Cutler is the one making more out of this than is really there, and the screening phone calls and not reporting to workouts is Cutler not being able to swallow his pride and move on from it.

Almost any player interviewed on this story, past/present, says Cutler had a right to be hurt initially, but needs to get over himself about the situation.

Cutler kicks butt.

On the field.............and off.

Thats what this is about.

:salute:

Hes over himself alright. To the tune of Josh is beggin now.

He sure looked bright eyed and bushy tailed with ALL THOSE MEAN REPORTERS around his table while ALL HIS COLLEAGUES were sitting by themselves.

Thats what happens when you crap your shorts in public.

Its cool though, cause hes learned alot.

I loved watchin him hold up the Cutler jersey with that smile.............

(wouldnt want to disappoint anyone today)