PDA

View Full Version : My sources say we will be in the market for a free agent CB.

DenBronx
03-05-2012, 10:30 PM
More to come soon.

But we will make a play for Finnegan or Carr.

Ziggy
03-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Carr please. DB is this going to be another," I have my sources that tell me we are going after a player in free agency that is an obvious need, but I can't tell you who they are?" If you're talking about going after a corner or Dlineman in free agency, you have at least a 50% chance of it happening regardless of whether you have a source or not.

jhildebrand
03-05-2012, 10:42 PM
I dont see this franchise wanting anything to do with Finnegan

SR
03-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Finnegan is a punk ass bitch.

DenBronx
03-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Carr please. DB is this going to be another," I have my sources that tell me we are going after a player in free agency that is an obvious need, but I can't tell you who they are?" If you're talking about going after a corner or Dlineman in free agency, you have at least a 50% chance of it happening regardless of whether you have a source or not.

Specifically Finnegan but if his price is too steep we will look at Carr.

BroncoBowlby 88
03-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Don't know how much I trust your "source" but I hope we make a play for Carr. He's not worth big time money, but he could be a good replacement for Goodman while we build up the CB's we draft (hopefully). Keep that train wreck of a player Finnegan as far away as possible.

MOtorboat
03-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Really?

This falls under the same logic that says the Broncos should pay Mario Williams. If the Broncos were to pay either Williams or Finnegan, Denver would have two of the highest paid players in the league and both those players would play the same position.

It makes zero sense, logically.

Buff
03-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Really?

This falls under the same logic that says the Broncos should pay Mario Williams. If the Broncos were to pay either Williams or Finnegan, Denver would have two of the highest paid players in the league and both those players would play the same position.

It makes zero sense, logically.

I sort of agree as far as DB goes. But I could make the case for paying both Dumervil & Mario Williams because DE is arguably the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the field.

MOtorboat
03-05-2012, 11:20 PM
I sort of agree as far as DB goes. But I could make the case for paying both Dumervil & Mario Williams because DE is arguably the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the field.

True. Outside of quarterback, rush end (whether it be OLB or DE) is the second most important player on the field.

However, I disagree that Denver could afford to pay two rush ends (Dumervil and Williams) two of the top five contracts in the game, on top of paying Bailey similarly.

On top of that, we're paying Von Miller to also be, essentially, a rush end. This team just cannot afford either. Too many other holes: MLB, WR, OG, OC, DT.

dogfish
03-06-2012, 12:06 AM
tracy porter, please. . .

RebelRocker
03-06-2012, 01:42 AM
I dont see this franchise wanting anything to do with Finnegan

I hope not. I never want that dicklick in a Broncos uniform.

Canmore
03-06-2012, 01:56 AM
I hope not. I never want that dicklick in a Broncos uniform.

Couldn't agree more. I want heady, aggressive players in Denver. He is just a headcase.

WARHORSE
03-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Finnegan is a punk ass bitch.

Unless hes signed by the Broncos.

Then he becomes a blue and orange thorn in the side of our competitors?

;)

I hope its Carr.........I can even deal with Finnegan.........but if its Foxworth.......lol

Carr is my hope.

WARHORSE
03-06-2012, 02:06 AM
More to come soon.

But we will make a play for Finnegan or Carr.

Id rather make a play for Super Mario. :beer:

By the way.........IF we make a play at corner and draft a corner.........someone with the initials CB may be moving to safety, and Im all for it. Might not happen this year.............but next? Yeah baby.

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 02:57 AM
My sources are now saying you're all a bunch of jabronies.

FanInAZ
03-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Bronx, can your sources get me season tickets?

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Broncos Free Agency 2012: Cortland Finnegan Expected To Be Denver Target

by Russ Oates

The Tennessee Titans will likely let cornerback Cortland Finnegan hit the free agent market, according to Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole. This comes after the team decided to use its franchise tag designation on safety Michael Griffin. The Denver Broncos are expected to be one of several teams pursuing the free agent-to-be:

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/3/5/2846927/broncos-free-agents-2012-nfl-cortland-finnegan

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 03:50 AM
" Finnegan, as Cole suggests, could reach a rich deal in free agency, and the Broncos have nearly $50 million in cap space to spend this offseason. Finnegan has 14 career interceptions in six seasons with the Titans. "

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 04:02 AM
ESPN‏@NFLRumorCentralReply
Retweet

At least six teams will be in the hunt for Cortland Finnegan if he hits free agency

My thoughts are the Broncos will pursue him until the Cowboys dish out an 11+ mill a year contract then the Broncos will then look for 2nd tier guys.

But he doesnt deserve Bailey money and I wouldnt blame us if we didnt want to give him that kind of loot.

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Bronx, can your sources get me season tickets?

What's in it for me?

SR
03-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Unless hes signed by the Broncos.

Then he becomes a blue and orange thorn in the side of our competitors?

;)

I hope its Carr.........I can even deal with Finnegan.........but if its Foxworth.......lol

Carr is my hope.

No. He's always going to be a classless, piece of shit, punk regardless of who he plays for. He's better suited for the Raiders.

SOCALORADO.
03-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Just get Terrell Thomas.

CoachChaz
03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
This might be the most ridiculous thread I've ever read here. The guy is nasty on the field and gets under the skin of opposing teams. But I think we need to look at him beyond that.

On top of being probably the favorite player among Titans fans, he is also a team captain and is regularly recognized for his work in the community and with special needs kids.

The guy is a feisty competitor and because he's received a few fines as a result, we want to ignore his ability and call him a piece of shit or a punk?

Tell you what...I'll put together a Broncos team with passionate, competitive players like Finnegan and the rest of you can have the "nice" guys and we'll see which team wins.

TXBRONC
03-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Specifically Finnegan but if his price is too steep we will look at Carr.

I don't Den I think I would prefer Carr. Imo Finnegan has always come across someone who like to take a lot cheap shots.

CoachChaz
03-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't Den I think I would prefer Carr. Imo Finnegan has always come across someone who like to take a lot cheap shots.

Also comes across as a Pro-Bowl player, on-field leader, number producer and community leader.

By why let details get in the way.

CoachChaz
03-06-2012, 09:42 AM
ESPN‏@NFLRumorCentralReply
Retweet

At least six teams will be in the hunt for Cortland Finnegan if he hits free agency

My thoughts are the Broncos will pursue him until the Cowboys dish out an 11+ mill a year contract then the Broncos will then look for 2nd tier guys.

But he doesnt deserve Bailey money and I wouldnt blame us if we didnt want to give him that kind of loot.

Problem is...the Cowboys are rumored to be signing EVERYONE. I've seen them tied to Finnegan, Mario and Evans as well as a few others. Sources or no sources, It's all speculation til it happens

underrated29
03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Heh.

Im pretty sure den is joking about the sources part guys. I like Carr best, younger could possibly get better and cheaper.

He's my #1 FA target

dogfish
03-06-2012, 11:30 AM
My sources are now saying you're all a bunch of jabronies.

my source can kick your source's ass. . .

:wave:

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
my source can kick your source's ass. . .

:wave:

Can you provide a link for that?

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Problem is...the Cowboys are rumored to be signing EVERYONE. I've seen them tied to Finnegan, Mario and Evans as well as a few others. Sources or no sources, It's all speculation til it happens

He leads the league is PFs.

CoachChaz
03-06-2012, 12:28 PM
He leads the league is PFs.

No...Suh has that title.

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 12:35 PM
No...Suh has that title.

You sure? I just read that Finnegan had 16 last season.

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 12:37 PM
This might be the most ridiculous thread I've ever read here. The guy is nasty on the field and gets under the skin of opposing teams. But I think we need to look at him beyond that.

On top of being probably the favorite player among Titans fans, he is also a team captain and is regularly recognized for his work in the community and with special needs kids.

The guy is a feisty competitor and because he's received a few fines as a result, we want to ignore his ability and call him a piece of shit or a punk?

Tell you what...I'll put together a Broncos team with passionate, competitive players like Finnegan and the rest of you can have the "nice" guys and we'll see which team wins.

We already have too many "nice guys" on defense. Give me Finnegan all day long on this team.

CoachChaz
03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
You sure? I just read that Finnegan had 16 last season.

Maybe I'm wrong...but everyone seems to always mention that we need a "new" Romo on this team. Here's the chance

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Maybe I'm wrong...but everyone seems to always mention that we need a "new" Romo on this team. Here's the chance

I would take Innegan. HE is good and gets under peoples skin. He does do cheap stuff, but with Bailey there, he will not be in the spot light as much.

He is Innegan because Andre Johnson knocked the F out of him :D

TheReverend
03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Carr please.

Definitely. Would be a huge coup for Denver

TheReverend
03-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Not only is Carr the superior player, but signing him away from KC not only strengthens Denver but weakens a division rival.

Finnegan doesn't, is an inferior and older product and is flagged far too often at far too critical times to join a defense that already has discipline issues (ref: Ayers giving an auto first down on the BACKSIDE of a play on 3rd and 27)

dogfish
03-06-2012, 01:56 PM

not everyone-- i've always called BS on that. . .

our defense in '05 was better than the super bowl years, and didn't feature any cheap-shot artist. . . gimme dawkins or a similar player, i don't need romo. . .

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 02:18 PM
not everyone-- i've always called BS on that. . .

our defense in '05 was better than the super bowl years, and didn't feature any cheap-shot artist. . . gimme dawkins or a similar player, i don't need romo. . .

But Romo won Super Bowls......plural.

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Not only is Carr the superior player, but signing him away from KC not only strengthens Denver but weakens a division rival.

Finnegan doesn't, is an inferior and older product and is flagged far too often at far too critical times to join a defense that already has discipline issues (ref: Ayers giving an auto first down on the BACKSIDE of a play on 3rd and 27)

Cortlands only been playing two years longer than Carr AND he is a much better DB. Carr only has 8 INTs to Finnegans 14 who actually knows how to run them back for TDs AND he forces fumbles, something Carr has never done. Finnegan is the superior tackleler, physical at the point of attack and causes a Dennis Rodman effect with WRs. He is much more intense and hates to lose. I will take him any day over an overrated Carr.

dogfish
03-06-2012, 02:27 PM
But Romo won Super Bowls......plural.

sure, but only because he played with john elway and terrell davis. . . it wasn't primarily our defense that won those titles. . .

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 02:32 PM
sure, but only because he played with john elway and terrell davis. . . it wasn't primarily our defense that won those titles. . .

True....will never dispuste that the Duke and TD were the most dominant tandum at that time.

But Romo and Atwater was a scary mix and recipe for disaster for any offense. No matter how good your offense is you will always depend on guys like that to help you win a championship or ships.

CoachChaz
03-06-2012, 02:32 PM
The fascination for Carr is based on his potential. Assuming he improves, then maybe he is a better choice long term. but that's stll an assumption. I'll give up the 15 yard penalty if it nets me a 50 yard INT return for a TD. If you want help NOW, then Finnegan is the answer over Carr.

That being said...depending on how things play out...I'd take either one. but to dismiss what Finnegan brings to the table and dwell on the negatives is a mistake

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
The fascination for Carr is based on his potential. Assuming he improves, then maybe he is a better choice long term. but that's stll an assumption. I'll give up the 15 yard penalty if it nets me a 50 yard INT return for a TD. If you want help NOW, then Finnegan is the answer over Carr.

That being said...depending on how things play out...I'd take either one. but to dismiss what Finnegan brings to the table and dwell on the negatives is a mistake

But for a team that is building Carr would be the better long term fix.

CoachChaz
03-06-2012, 03:27 PM

Assuming he improves.

It's not like Finnegan is old. He should have at least 4-5 more good years in him if he stays healthy. If our rebuilding project after making the playoffs exceeds that timeframe, we have bigger problems

TheReverend
03-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Cortlands only been playing two years longer than Carr AND he is a much better DB. Carr only has 8 INTs to Finnegans 14 who actually knows how to run them back for TDs AND he forces fumbles, something Carr has never done. Finnegan is the superior tackleler, physical at the point of attack and causes a Dennis Rodman effect with WRs. He is much more intense and hates to lose. I will take him any day over an overrated Carr.

That's because Carr was used primarily in man coverages until last season and its dramatically harder to pick the ball playing WR to QB/ball instead of QB/ball to WR.

Check passes defensed for a better story.

Also, Finnegan hasn't even had an average year since 2009. Just sayin.

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 03:55 PM

Why? What makes you think he will get any better? We should have just kept Domonique Foxworth then.

Assuming he improves.

It's not like Finnegan is old. He should have at least 4-5 more good years in him if he stays healthy. If our rebuilding project after making the playoffs exceeds that timeframe, we have bigger problems

We would still get Cortland in his prime and he would be paired up with one of the leagues top 3 DBs, Bailey.

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 03:56 PM
That's because Carr was used primarily in man coverages until last season and its dramatically harder to pick the ball playing WR to QB/ball instead of QB/ball to WR.

Check passes defensed for a better story.

Also, Finnegan hasn't even had an average year since 2009. Just sayin.

That's because that whole team has been dismantled.

underrated29
03-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Why? What makes you think he will get any better? We should have just kept Domonique Foxworth then.

We would still get Cortland in his prime and he would be paired up with one of the leagues top 3 DBs, Bailey.

Carr is waaaaaaaaay better than foxworth. Waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I dont know about this. The chiefs have a tremendous defense. They got hit with injuries and such and had to adapt on the fly. I for one am not sleeping on their defense. They have stars and high picks all over that defense. With Romeo, sweet romeo, running the show, I expect it to improve even further. he may or may not be a good HC, but he does a good job with defenses. I suspect that will continue.

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 04:04 PM
I dont know about this. The chiefs have a tremendous defense.

My point exactlly.

CoachChaz
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Carr is waaaaaaaaay better than foxworth. Waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I dont know about this. The chiefs have a tremendous defense. They got hit with injuries and such and had to adapt on the fly. I for one am not sleeping on their defense. They have stars and high picks all over that defense. With Romeo, sweet romeo, running the show, I expect it to improve even further. he may or may not be a good HC, but he does a good job with defenses. I suspect that will continue.

I believe he was referring to the Titans defense who have lost Hayneworth Tulloch, Babin, etc. in the past few years.

TheReverend
03-06-2012, 04:30 PM

And the Chiefs have been all-world?

I think Carr is dramatically the superior choice but regardless, either would be a massive upgrade to the team.

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 05:11 PM

Carr is still young and COULD have a higher upside. Not to mention it hurts the Chiefs. But also he does not get the personal foul calls that Innegan gets. Carr is younger and could be around 10 years (if like champ) compared to 4-5 years for Innegan.

CoachChaz
03-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Carr is still young and COULD have a higher upside. Not to mention it hurts the Chiefs. But also he does not get the personal foul calls that Innegan gets. Carr is younger and could be around 10 years (if like champ) compared to 4-5 years for Innegan.

Finnegan is 28...Carr will be 26. How does that translate into Carr's remaining career being twice as long as Finnegan's?

Just curious

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Finnegan is 28...Carr will be 26. How does that translate into Carr's remaining career being twice as long as Finnegan's?

Just curious

never mind I was thinking Innegan was older.

Jsteve01
03-07-2012, 08:29 AM

Just curious

Just seems like he's been dirty forever

SOCALORADO.
03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Dude, now i gotta go to the left side of the screen to high five someone.
Ridiculous.
No more high fives for anyone. Thats just waaay too much effort.