PDA

View Full Version : John Fox says Broncos never had NFL bounty program

Denver Native (Carol)
03-05-2012, 05:09 PM
In light of the New Orleans Saints and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams' "bounty" violations, the NFL has encouraged every team to review the severity of the issue with its coaches.

Broncos' coach John Fox will meet with his staff Tuesday morning to discuss the subject.

"We were never part of anything like that," Fox said Monday. "There's no place in the game for intentionally hurting another player."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20105902

NightTerror218
03-05-2012, 05:14 PM
all coaches have some sort of "bounty" program whether it is hard hits or injuries. But most players know that if they hit hard and play hard they play more. It is an NFL incentive not just team.

Lancane
03-05-2012, 05:25 PM
all coaches have some sort of "bounty" program whether it is hard hits or injuries. But most players know that if they hit hard and play hard they play more. It is an NFL incentive not just team.

It wasn't till today that I heard all the details...the mere fact that Williams was doing his 'bounty program' with a sense of malicious intent is even worse.

NightTerror218
03-05-2012, 05:37 PM
It wasn't till today that I heard all the details...the mere fact that Williams was doing his 'bounty program' with a sense of malicious intent is even worse.

oh yes by far!!

WARHORSE
03-05-2012, 06:37 PM

Dont see how you can make that statement. I never heard of BOUNTY programs until this came out and its pretty easy to understand why: the media and public would kill it.

If it were an NFL incentive, then they would do little to bring down the ferociousness of the game......like all that QB protection rules.....the 'defenseless' WR rules......the 'spearing' rules....etc, etc.

Bounty systems are not the norm for all coaches.

NightTerror218
03-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Dont see how you can make that statement. I never heard of BOUNTY programs until this came out and its pretty easy to understand why: the media and public would kill it.

If it were an NFL incentive, then they would do little to bring down the ferociousness of the game......like all that QB protection rules.....the 'defenseless' WR rules......the 'spearing' rules....etc, etc.

Bounty systems are not the norm for all coaches.

Making big hits, being aggressive and go after players is a NORM in the NFL. Intentionally trying to hurt people is not.

DenBronx
03-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Got to love Foxy, he's a standup guy and I think he would stop something like that right away if he ever found out about it.

Looking back I think the Broncos knew about this and they really didnt want to fight to keep Allen around.

TheReverend
03-05-2012, 08:42 PM
No wonder the defense sucked:lol:

WARHORSE
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Making big hits, being aggressive and go after players is a NORM in the NFL. Intentionally trying to hurt people is not.

Well the term 'bounty' is inferring something different than playing the game hard. Thats why theres a big uproar over it and people are going to lose draft picks. We wont be one of them thankfully.

Chef Zambini
03-06-2012, 01:45 AM
most of these "bounties" were the work of PLAYERS. Many coaches were aware of the practice, gregg williams apparently incouraged it, while other coaches just played dumb.
the intent to injure, reward for injury, knock-outs, cart-offs, that cannot be tolerated!
I dont want a whimpy game, but I do want a game of integrity, where the objective is to win, NOT inflict injury.
i think williams will be suspended a year and the saints will lose draft picks,as well as fines !

sneakers
03-06-2012, 05:21 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/bobby6k/images/Mainlogo.jpg

Lancane
03-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Well the term 'bounty' is inferring something different than playing the game hard. Thats why theres a big uproar over it and people are going to lose draft picks. We wont be one of them thankfully.

War, even Michael Lombardi and other NFL analysts have confirmed there are 'Bounty Programs' currently active in the NFL, even though they disagree with the use of them. The difference is that most 'Bounty Pools' are shared pots and ran by the players not the coaches and not with the malicious intent that Williams asked of his players.

As I said yesterday, just because Goodell is going after Williams and those he's associated with doesn't mean that 'Bounty Programs' will no longer be in use...they've been used since the 50's and they'll be around for a long time, they'll just be more careful in order to not get caught.

TheReverend
03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
[IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/nc/bobby6k/images/Mainlogo.jpg[IMG]

Lorenzo Llamas rep lol