PDA

View Full Version : Sig bet on whether or not TT will be our starting QB for all of the 2012 season.

FanInAZ
03-04-2012, 09:49 PM
The “Lynch any QB who doesn’t duplicate Payton Manning’s career” Mob now has its sights set on TT. So I’m going to offer up a sig bet that everyone can definitively declare which side their on. “Group A” will bet that ALL 4 of the following predictions WILL come true. “Group B” will be that AT LEAST 1 of the following 4 predictions WILL NOT come true. Should TT get injured during the season, all bets are off.

1) TT WILL NOT be traded this season.

2) TT WILL be our starting QB on opening day.

3) Unless TT maintains worse than a .500 completion percentage and/or 1/1 TD/INT ratio, he WILL NOT be benched at any time during this season. (If TT maintains worse than a .500 completion percentage and/or 1/1 TD/INT ration, then the bet is off because teams will typically bench a QB for such inefficiency. The point is, if he doesn’t have this level of inefficiency, he will not get bench during his 1st full year as a starter, even if we have double digit losses.)

4) TT WILL NOT be benched for any reason prior to the start of November. (If he gets benched after the beginning of November, the “Group A” would still be considered as having been right on this point.)

If you want to involve yourself in this sig bet as “Group A,” but “Group B” wins the bet, then you’ll be require to have the following statement in your sig line from the end of this upcoming regular season to March 1st of next year: “[List all the name of those in “Group B”] is a better talent evaluator then me.”

If you want to involve yourself in this sig bet as “Group B,” but “Group A” wins the bet, then you’ll be require to have the following statement in your sig line from the end of this upcoming regular season to March 1st of next year: “[List all the name of those in “Group A”] know more about how NFL teams actually operate then I do.”

The deadline to pick which group you are siding with will be May 1st.

BORDERLINE
03-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm a little confused....but i'll tell you where I stand and you can help me.

I don't believe He will be traded this year.

I believe Tebow will start the season. Do I believe his completion percentage will improve or be above 50%? I hope so, I really DO, But I don't know.

I believe if we start of the season 1-4 or 2-5 there is a 90% chance that Tebow will be benched.

I like what he brings to the table as far as intangibles. His leadership can be seen and his HEART cannot be matched. These are the things that I like to see out of a football player. I want him to succeed. I want him to take the Broncos to the SB and WIN it.

But Best believe that If he starts to Lose and starts to implode late in games I will also be calling on the back-up. I will gladly EAT CROW and tell you I was WRONG if that happens to be the CASE. But since HE took over this team rallied and WON and elevated their play. SO I HOPE he is the QB ALL Broncos fan's can rally around. IS that a PIPE dream? It might be. But WINNING is the most important thing. RIGHT?

cardoso
03-05-2012, 12:32 AM

I believe Tebow will start the season. Do I believe his completion percentage will improve or be above 50%? I hope so, I really DO, But I don't know.

I believe if we start of the season 1-4 or 2-5 there is a 90% chance that Tebow will be benched.

I like what he brings to the table as far as intangibles. His leadership can be seen and his HEART cannot be matched. These are the things that I like to see out of a football player. I want him to succeed. I want him to take the Broncos to the SB and WIN it.

But Best believe that If he starts to Lose and starts to implode late in games I will also be calling on the back-up. I will gladly EAT CROW and tell you I was WRONG if that happens to be the CASE. But since HE took over this team rallied and WON and elevated their play. SO I HOPE he is the QB ALL Broncos fan's can rally around. IS that a PIPE dream? It might be. But WINNING is the most important thing. RIGHT?

Yes winning is everything and so is patience. You sound like those Jekyll and Hyde type of fans. People have no damn patience anymore. Everyone wants everything now now now and start crying like babies if they don't get it. Win or lose I support Tim. He'd have to have 2 bad seasons in a row before I'd start to doubt him and start wanting to go a different route. So far the results of the games with Tebow as our QB were the best they've been in what 7 years? The almighty Cutler and Orton couldn't win a playoff game here and yet we won one this year!

FanInAZ
03-05-2012, 12:36 AM

1) Football is a team sport. If he's putting up adequate numbers, the team won't hold him responsible for a 0-7 start if our _efense is giving up 25+ point per game & our RBs can't convert a 3rd & 1 to save their lives.

2) Yes, Kyle Orton got benched after only 5 games, but he had already been given 2 full seasons to prove himself. This is TT's 1st full season. Unless he's a total train wreck, he will be given this full season to prove himself.

Davii
03-05-2012, 12:48 AM
I don't understand the bet, but I believe Tim is our full time QB unless and until he shows his ass. If we're at least holding it own and he shows he can manage the offense, and shows improvement, the job is his.

FanInAZ
03-05-2012, 01:14 AM
I don't understand the bet, but I believe Tim is our full time QB unless and until he shows his ass. If we're at least holding it own and he shows he can manage the offense, and shows improvement, the job is his.

Then your with "Group A." TT is our QB for this season & will not get benched during this season unless he he's a total train wreck. Think how bad those back up QBs were for Oakland, KC & Chicago were. TT would have to be at least that bad to get benched.

"Group B" is the ones who declare anyone a bust if they doesn't win the starting job during their rookie training camp, like Payton Manning did. They have already declared TT a bust & are assuming that the Broncos FO & coaching staff already knows this. They therefore keep putting forth the idea that the Broncos are already looking for TT replacement & will jump at the first opportunity to get make the change.

Davii
03-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Then your with "Group A." TT is our QB for this season & will not get benched during this season unless he he's a total train wreck. Think how bad those back up QBs were for Oakland, KC & Chicago were. TT would have to be at least that bad to get benched.

"Group B" is the ones who declare anyone a bust if they doesn't win the starting job during their rookie training camp, like Payton Manning did. They have already declared TT a bust & are assuming that the Broncos FO & coaching staff already knows this. They therefore keep putting forth the idea that the Broncos are already looking for TT replacement & will jump at the first opportunity to get make the change.

I want what's best for the team. If Tim can develop into the qb we need, great.

I'm not making a "sig bet"though. I trust the guys that get paid for it to do the talent evaluating and I will cheer my guts out for any player on our team.

WARHORSE
03-05-2012, 01:46 AM
I dont care who starts as long as we win.

If its Tim..... Great.

If its Elway.....great.

Just get the W.

Northman
03-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I just want Tim to improve. If he doesnt get someone else. Thats how football works and its not just the Broncos where that happens. I find it laughable that people actually believe Denver is the only organization where this happens. lmao

BORDERLINE
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Yes winning is everything and so is patience. You sound like those Jekyll and Hyde type of fans. People have no damn patience anymore. Everyone wants everything now now now and start crying like babies if they don't get it. Win or lose I support Tim. He'd have to have 2 bad seasons in a row before I'd start to doubt him and start wanting to go a different route. So far the results of the games with Tebow as our QB were the best they've been in what 7 years? The almighty Cutler and Orton couldn't win a playoff game here and yet we won one this year!

You have me sadly mistaken.

I understand Tebow needs time and patience is KEY. But will he receive that if HE starts the season with the records I mentioned HE will be benched. Let's not KID ourselves. Every game Tebow loses will be magnified by the Tebow Haters and if it get's that BAD, EFX I believe will make a change. I would much rather want Tebow to have a entire complete season and HELP him but the split between the fan base is too HUGE.

Even last year there was talk about benching him against the Steelers (remember).

I'm FAR from a Jekyll and Hyde fan, i'm just stating what appears to be the obvious.

BORDERLINE
03-05-2012, 10:53 AM
1) Football is a team sport. If he's putting up adequate numbers, the team won't hold him responsible for a 0-7 start if our _efense is giving up 25+ point per game & our RBs can't convert a 3rd & 1 to save their lives.

2) Yes, Kyle Orton got benched after only 5 games, but he had already been given 2 full seasons to prove himself. This is TT's 1st full season. Unless he's a total train wreck, he will be given this full season to prove himself.

I get your VALID points

1) Tebow went 7-4 and WON a playoff game. Some fans still want to draft a QB in the 2nd round.(I know, I don't get it either)

2.Orton was given a opportunity to FAIL. I just believe Tebow will be on a short short leash for whatever reason the team does not perform. After the season HE had and ONLY to be named the starter going into training camp? I have a hard time believing if Colt McCoy would have taken the Browns to the playoffs, HE would only be named starter going into Training Camp.

Lancane
03-05-2012, 10:58 AM
You have me sadly mistaken.

I understand Tebow needs time and patience is KEY. But will he receive that if HE starts the season with the records I mentioned HE will be benched. Let's not KID ourselves. Every game Tebow loses will be magnified by the Tebow Haters and if it get's that BAD, EFX I believe will make a change. I would much rather want Tebow to have a entire complete season and HELP him but the split between the fan base is too HUGE.

Even last year there was talk about benching him against the Steelers (remember).

I'm FAR from a Jekyll and Hyde fan, i'm just stating what appears to be the obvious.

I was about to chime in...sheesh, your one of the kids biggest supporters on the boards 'who's not a member of his zealous minions'.

underrated29
03-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Im with the group that thinks he will start and not get benched etc.

HOWEVER- I would like to make this official only after FA and draft. If we somehow land peyton manning for example. Otherwise I do not think there is a QB in this draft that will beat him out or a QB in FA that we will Actually acquire that will beat him out.

TXBRONC
03-05-2012, 12:04 PM
I think Tebow will more than like be our starter going into the season.

BORDERLINE
03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I was about to chime in...sheesh, your one of the kids biggest supporters on the boards 'who's not a member of his zealous minions'.

I LOVE what he Brings to The Broncos. But i'm also not gonna kid myself. He needs to IMPROVE in the passing game. That takes TIME. I just HOPE he does it FAST enough.

What It boils down to is I just want them to WIN. I HOPE it's with TIM but if it's with someone else then that's just FINE with me. I'll have any players back until they show their not worth FIGHTING for. And RIGHT now Tebow get's blasted for his NUMBERS but his WINS are being overlooked. SO I'm going to support him until I see a reason not to.

jlarsiii
03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
It is kind of hard to say at this point isn't it? I mean, if they bring in a bunch of worthless scrubs as backups then it is easy to predict that he will start deep into the season regardless of stats or outcomes of games. That still doesn't indicate whether Tebow is actually any good or not.

I guess the best thing for the team would be if Tebow improves, and as a result the team does also. However, that doesn't mean that I personally believe that he will...

Now don't misinterpret what I mean. I don't want him to fail. I just doubt that he will have much success until he proves otherwise.

nevcraw
03-05-2012, 07:58 PM

there are very few of these on this board but it seems that any ardent supporter who believes this kid can be great if aloud the time to get there is labeled as such..
I'm with Border - I would just like to see him get a fair shake to take his lumps and be given enough time to improve in the areas of weakness.. Hopefully the FO believe enough not to knee-jerk him out of a bad game or 2.
QB carousel is no way to build a team.. it leads to Coach and FO carousel as well..

Dortoh
03-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Holy stipulations.

5) If Timmy loses all games started but the state average temp is above 50 in the month of June.......

LMAO

WARHORSE
03-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Its to OUR benefit on so many levels if Tim improves to a point where we give him franchise money.

We are talking about a megastar in the making. If he improves, takes us to the superbowl, wins, etc, etc....then the amount of money he brings in will help the organization tremendously.

Its just great for sports period if he does well. He sets a great example, and I so much would rather have that then another mike vick dog story. Im not judging vick, its great that hes made the necessary changes and grown as a human, that in and of itself is a great example......but give me the Tebow story with the young kid in the wheelchair looking up at his hero.

I hope Tim can do it.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-05-2012, 08:38 PM
This is the same fan base that had 25% of it looking to replace John Elway every year...

Honestly, Tebow has NO SHOT to ever win over the entirety of the fanbase. I don't care if the Broncos win 4 Superbowls back to back, it will always be because of some other reason (defense, RBs, coaches, etc) the 25%ers who wanted Elway gone are the same type that already want Tebow gone. You're never going to change their minds. They're already dead set against him and will remain that way no matter what he does.

Brister/Griese
Plummer/Cutler
Cutler/McDaniels
Orton/Tebow
Tebow/ the world

Might as well pick your side of the fence and get on it because:
1) People have already made up their minds on the matter
2) You're not going to change the other guy's mind no matter how sexy your argument is... and neither is Tebow.

The same folks shitting on Tebow's play after a bad game are doing it after a good game and the same folks doing the "I told you so" after a good game become blamethrowers trying to pin a bad game on anyone but him (play calling, WRs, etc) when he doesn't. It's not going to change until Tebow is gone and then we can start over hating/loving his successor.

Whatever. :coffee:

nevcraw
03-05-2012, 08:46 PM
This is the same fan base that had 25% of it looking to replace John Elway every year...

Honestly, Tebow has NO SHOT to ever win over the entirety of the fanbase. I don't care if the Broncos win 4 Superbowls back to back, it will always be because of some other reason (defense, RBs, coaches, etc) the 25%ers who wanted Elway gone are the same type that already want Tebow gone. You're never going to change their minds. They're already dead set against him and will remain that way no matter what he does.

Brister/Griese
Plummer/Cutler
Cutler/McDaniels
Orton/Tebow
Tebow/ the world

2) You're not going to change the other guy's mind no matter how sexy your argument is... and neither is Tebow.

The same folks shitting on Tebow's play after a bad game are doing it after a good game and the same folks doing the "I told you so" after a good game become blamethrowers trying to pin a bad game on anyone but him (play calling, WRs, etc) when he doesn't. It's not going to change until Tebow is gone and then we can start over hating/loving his successor.

Aaron Rogers Disagrees.

Dortoh
03-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Brister/Griese
Plummer/Cutler
Cutler/McDaniels
Orton/Tebow
Tebow/ the world

Sorry but I was a huge supporter of Elway even during his first season. Maybe the differnce was my age. Who knows things change but Tebow will never be an Elway....EVER. Can he win? I hope so but to be honest IMHO he will never take us to the promise land. The boy simply cant throw the ball on an even simi regular NFL level. I do hope to eat a lifetime of crow while watching him win Sunday after Sunday........but my gut tells me it's just not going to happen. Sadly IMO if he were alittle more accurate with his throws his pick numbers would skyrocket. Seriously he misses so badly even a db out of postion has no chance to make a play on the ball.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Sorry but I was a huge supporter of Elway even during his first season. Maybe the differnce was my age. Who knows things change but Tebow will never be an Elway....EVER. Can he win? I hope so but to be honest IMHO he will never take us to the promise land. The boy simply cant throw the ball on an even simi regular NFL level. I do hope to eat a lifetime of crow while watching him win Sunday after Sunday........but my gut tells me it's just not going to happen. Sadly IMO if he were alittle more accurate with his throws his pick numbers would skyrocket. Seriously he misses so badly even a db out of postion has no chance to make a play on the ball.

Don't confuse what I said, I didn't say the SAME 25% of fans who wanted Elway gone want Tebow gone, I said the same "type". Thank you for proving my point so thoroughly that you felt you needed to try to "convince" me and others of your standpoint... Your use of absolutes after just one season of Tebow (11 games, actually) is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

The die is cast, the decision made, congratulations you're in the 25% against Tebow.... but I think we already know who is in which camp and why...

Dortoh
03-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Don't confuse what I said, I didn't say the SAME 25% of fans who wanted Elway gone want Tebow gone, I said the same "type". Thank you for proving my point so thoroughly that you felt you needed to try to "convince" me and others of your standpoint... Your use of absolutes after just one season of Tebow (11 games, actually) is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

The die is cast, the decision made, congratulations you're in the 25% against Tebow.... but I think we already know who is in which camp and why...

for the record I've never been on the T-bow bandwagon, never hide my opinons that he is not an NFL calibur QB. Just to make sure there is no doubt on my opinon. Hope to be wrong but I've never been on the fence. The man who I admire as a human being is simply in over his head.

Chef Zambini
03-06-2012, 01:54 AM
I belong to group C, I believe that one of the following WILL HAPPEN ;
a) tebow gets traded
b) tebow loses his starting job before week 6
or
c) tebow gets injured because he cant unload the ball when he is suppose to.
the parameters of YOUR group A and B are so conveluted, I dont know how anyone can follow them.
TEBOW is destined for injury because of the way he plays !
he will either lose his job to injury or incompetence, it is inevitable.

Canmore
03-06-2012, 02:02 AM
... TEBOW is destined for injury because of the way he plays !
he will either lose his job to injury or incompetence, it is inevitable.

You belong in group B.

Nothing is inevitable.

underrated29
03-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Brister/Griese
Plummer/Cutler
Cutler/McDaniels
Orton/Tebow
Tebow/ the world
:

wasnt a fan of brister
didnt like griese
liked plummer
like cutler
liked orton (for 1.5 years)
like tebow

BORDERLINE
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
wasnt a fan of brister
didnt like griese
liked plummer
like cutler
liked orton (for 1.5 years)
like tebow

I liked Brister but after that sorry azz TC and pre-season after the Back 2 Backs (Oh How I love saying that) I was worried. Now in hindsight He should have gotten the Green Light to be starter going into that year.

Brian Griese: I F'N Loved HIM (no homo). I thought we where not gonna miss a beat with him under center. His game vs the Raiders where he played wit a separated shoulder!!!! WAS INCREDIBLE. I really believed that was gonna set the tone for the rest of his career. SADLY that didn't happen.

Plummer: I was IFFY about him. WON us a lot of games so I can't call him a Failure. But he did seem disconnected from the team.

Cutler: didn't WIN as much as Plummer but felt the same about him like I did with Plummer.

Orton: his first season was GOOD. I was all for him to come in and pick it up the following year. As we all know that didn't happen.

Tebow: ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Passion he brings. His passing game is ehhh but everything else is at 100 thousand trillion!!!. I hope HE improves and everything works out.

Chef Zambini
03-07-2012, 09:27 AM
You belong in group B.

Nothing is inevitable.
the sun will rise tomorrow, (actually the sun stays right where its at and the earth revolves on it's axis)
and TEBOW will LOSE his starting job as the broncos QB.
inevitable, and I don't even know who the other 2 QBs that will be on our roster.

FanInAZ
03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
the sun will rise tomorrow, (actually the sun stays right where its at and the earth revolves on it's axis)
and TEBOW will LOSE his starting job as the broncos QB.
inevitable, and I don't even know who the other 2 QBs that will be on our roster.

So if your that sure, then take me up on my sig bet!

Canmore
03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
So if your that sure, then take me up on my sig bet!

My thoughts exactly.

FanInAZ
03-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Even though no one took me up on my sig bet, I'll admit that I never considered the possibility that we would actually go after Manning. Therefore, I admit that I was wrong.