PDA

View Full Version : So....Is Cox Welcome Back in Denver?

WARHORSE
03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Now that he has been aquitted, should Denver bring Cox back or no?

Seems to me like hed try and look for another team but who knows.

There was more than enough evidence to poke quite a few holes in the womans story, and in the end the jury agreed.

Is Cox someone we should look into resigning?

Lancane
03-04-2012, 09:49 PM
It would be best for the team and himself if he started anew elsewhere.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Cox said one NFL team, which he did not name, has shown serious interest throughout his ordeal but wanted to wait until he was exonerated. A couple other teams have expressed interest, he said.

Cox and the Broncos, though, have mutually agreed to part ways.

"To the Bronco fans who supported me through this tough time, I thank them and wish them nothing but the best," Cox said. "But I think it's best if I get a fresh start somewhere else."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20090991

tomjonesrocks
03-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Whether or not Cox would have made the roster that season even without the court proceedings was seriously in question...

topscribe
03-04-2012, 10:04 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20090991

Cox and the FO are both correct. It would never be the same for him here.

-----

chazoe60
03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
I agree with Lan and Top, it's best for him and us if he just gets a fresh start somewhere else.

DenBronx
03-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Cox said one NFL team, which he did not name, has shown serious interest throughout his ordeal but wanted to wait until he was exonerated. A couple other teams have expressed interest, he said.

Cox and the Broncos, though, have mutually agreed to part ways.

"To the Bronco fans who supported me through this tough time, I thank them and wish them nothing but the best," Cox said. "But I think it's best if I get a fresh start somewhere else."

Meaning, it would be awkward to run into Woody, Vaughn and Thomas in the locker room everyday. Hey Woody, want to go out for drinks with your girlfriend I knocked up?

Ziggy
03-04-2012, 11:24 PM
This is why the Broncos will never draft Jenoris Jenkins, regardless of how far he slides in the draft....or sign Vincent Jackson.

FanInAZ
03-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Meaning, it would be awkward to run into Woody, Vaughn and Thomas in the locker room everyday. Hey Woody, want to go out for drinks with your girlfriend I knocked up?

I haven't actually been following this story because I've gotten tired of all of the athletes behaving badly stories. If you’re serious about Cox cheating with Woody's GF, then I want to change my vote to no.

DenBronx
03-05-2012, 02:08 AM
I haven't actually been following this story because I've gotten tired of all of the athletes behaving badly stories. If you’re serious about Cox cheating with Woody's GF, then I want to change my vote to no.

I read somewhere that Woody got with her after and yet she was interested in several other Broncos before that. Then there's the whole girl on girl action that was brought up in court.

But yeah either way it would be really awkward for the guys in the locker room and might as well keep the drama out.

Northman
03-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Doubt he comes back but i would have no problem with him coming back.

Northman
03-05-2012, 07:30 AM
I read somewhere that Woody got with her after and yet she was interested in several other Broncos before that. Then there's the whole girl on girl action that was brought up in court.

But yeah either way it would be really awkward for the guys in the locker room and might as well keep the drama out.

Girl on girl action doesnt bother me. But the whole being passed around between 3 Bronco players is disturbing.

Lancane
03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Girl on girl action doesnt bother me. But the whole being passed around between 3 Bronco players is disturbing.

As disturbing as the rumor about Rod Stewart and his wife, along with several groupies having an all out orgy with a handful of Broncos' players in the early 80's at the Sheraton Hotel? Not to mention that supposedly that Rod Stewart had to have his stomach pumped due to it?

:eek:

Northman
03-05-2012, 03:00 PM
As disturbing as the rumor about Rod Stewart and his wife, along with several groupies having an all out orgy with a handful of Broncos' players in the early 80's at the Sheraton Hotel? Not to mention that supposedly that Rod Stewart had to have his stomach pumped due to it?

:eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who knew that Stewart and Lil' Kim had so much in common.

NightTerror218
03-05-2012, 03:12 PM
They cut ties for a reason and will not ignore the reason they did. They cut before the trial and were not willing to ride it out.

PAINTERDAVE
03-05-2012, 04:29 PM
He played like crap on his way out of town in the pre-season..

Burny burn, baby.

NO.