PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels "He's our Quarterback"

Pages : [1] 2

LoyalSoldier
03-23-2009, 06:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f67f00 (http://www.nfl.com/)

Click on the video. Right from his mouth. "He's our Quarterback"

MasterShake
03-23-2009, 06:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f67f00 (http://www.nfl.com/)

Click on the video. Right from his mouth. "He's our Quarterback"

"He's our quarterback...and we will trade him or keep him as we see fit! MWAHAHAHA!"

LoyalSoldier
03-23-2009, 06:54 PM
"He's our quarterback...and we will trade him or keep him as we see fit! MWAHAHAHA!"

Man you sure know how to wreck a thread.

MasterShake
03-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Man you sure know how to wreck a thread.

I know, only one post.

Seriously though, I think this thing is blown out of proportion. I fully expect Cutler to be at training camp and with the Broncos this season. Trust me, the day we say we have given him a huge contract or he is just staying period I'm gonna be thrilled. According to a text alert I get from CBS 4, Cutler told Vic Lombardi that he will be at the mandatory camps.

Northman
03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
I know, only one post.

Seriously though, I think this thing is blown out of proportion. I fully expect Cutler to be at training camp and with the Broncos this season. Trust me, the day we say we have given him a huge contract or he is just staying period I'm gonna be thrilled. According to a text alert I get from CBS 4, Cutler told Vic Lombardi that he will be at the mandatory camps.

And rest assured i will be there too as i know you were kind of worried about that Shake. I wont let you down man. :beer::D

dogfish
03-23-2009, 07:00 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2152/algnicksaban.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=algnicksaban.jpg)

"I am NOT going to be the coach at Alabama!"

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
After looking at the camera (much like The Office/Michael Scott style) with a sly grin on his face he says it. I can see why people have trust issues with him. Dude flat out said anyone could be dealt at anytime. The guy giving the interview asked him if he wanted to clear up anything that wasn't true and he totally disregarded answering the question. Just flat out tell us and Jay what was false.

LoyalSoldier
03-23-2009, 07:06 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d3/Bill_Clinton.jpg/225px-Bill_Clinton.jpg
"I did not have sexual relationships with that woman."

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Unbelievable.

The guy says it. Out loud to NFL.com for all the world to see, two weeks after saying it to the Denver Post, and he's immediately compared to Nick Saban, and then flat out called a liar...

:tsk:

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
I know, only one post.

I got the same text but Cutler said that after their last meeting.. Knowing that, McDaniels is still talking like he want to talk to Cutler one more time before he trades him.. So what more does he want Cutler to do? He already said he would come to camp and therefore play..

If you ask me this should be a done deal if McDaniels just wants Cutler to play for the Broncos as he had said.

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/nixon.jpg

"I'm not a crook"

claymore
03-23-2009, 07:13 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/nixon.jpg

"I'm not a crook"

LMFAO...... I think that song "it wasnt me" applies as well.

GH_StQ6KdW0&

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 07:14 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/henry.jpg
"It was second hand smoke"

LoyalSoldier
03-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Unbelievable.

The guy says it. Out loud to NFL.com for all the world to see, two weeks after saying it to the Denver Post, and he's immediately compared to Nick Saban, and then flat out called a liar...

If it all goes well then I will say it was nice for him to finally say that. I only hope that Jay buys it.

claymore
03-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Unbelievable.

Yeah he didnt lie. He said Cutler is our QB TODAY. What kind of commitment is that? When asked if he is our QB of tomorrow he said, "We cant see the future".

He isnt a liar, but he damn sure isnt a people person.

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah he didnt lie. He said Cutler is our QB TODAY. What kind of commitment is that? When asked if he is our QB of tomorrow he said, "We cant see the future".

I figured that that would be the focus of everyone after this.

claymore
03-23-2009, 07:25 PM
I figured that that would be the focus of everyone after this.

You have to admit that was a faux pas. You dont blast that out to the player your trying to mend stuff with.

Yes its logical, and he was right...... But damn. :tsk:

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 07:26 PM
You have to admit that was a faux pas. You dont blast that out to the player your trying to mend stuff with.

Forget it. I'll just fall in with everyone else.

What a ******* moron.

honz
03-23-2009, 07:33 PM

He said, "We want him to be our QB". He also said, "We've made that clear that we want him to be back here with us and to lead our football team". Did you quit listening as soon as you found a nugget you could bash McDaniels with or what?

roomemp
03-23-2009, 07:33 PM
People just don't get it do they. McDaniels is trying to set the tone for the team. No one player is more important than another. He isn't going to sit here and say Jay is "untouchable" By saying that, it means Jay is better than most players on the team. McDaniels tried to trade Jay for Cassel. That is all. Jay wants McDaniels to tell him he is untouchable. McDaniels is not going to do it because it would undermine the mind set that he is trying to instill. Jay is the QB of the Broncos...........I get it.

LoyalSoldier
03-23-2009, 07:34 PM

What a ******* moron.

You got the idea. :D

I give him credit for coming out and saying it, but I am also going to be careful and make sure that he isn't just saying this because he has to.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 07:35 PM

It's half truths. Like when he said, "We never wanted to trade Cutler for draft picks".. People hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest..

You have to read the fine print with this guy... :lol:

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 07:35 PM

What a ******* moron.

took you long enough. :D

omac
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
After looking at the camera (much like The Office/Michael Scott style) with a sly grin on his face he says it. I can see why people have trust issues with him. Dude flat out said anyone could be dealt at anytime. The guy giving the interview asked him if he wanted to clear up anything that wasn't true and he totally disregarded answering the question. Just flat out tell us and Jay what was false.

It's obvious Culter is, in TD's words, the QB by default, not by choice. McDaniels always leaves a door open when asked if he sees Cutler as the Broncos QB for the future. Coaches just don't talk that way about their franchise QBs, if they really want to keep them.

There really is no reason for McDaniels and Cutler to talk anymore; that was the purpose of the last face-to-face meeting, where McDaniels made it perfectly clear to Cutler that he's the boss and that he can be traded anytime. Cutler did not get any real assurances from McDaniels, so if the Broncos won't commit to him, why should Cutler commit to the Broncos?

Right now, McDaniels words (and Pat's for the matter) don't mean much. If they really want to keep Cutler, do as Sharpe says and give him one of those big whopper extension contracts. :D They won't do it, though, probably because to McDaniels, Cutler is the QB by default only.

I'm hoping the trade happens before draft day, so that the Broncos can be better prepared with the added pick(s) they got.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 07:45 PM
One thing I don't like is the underlining theme of the team leaving it up to Cutler. That to me just seems like they want to shed blame.

What is all this we don't know BS? Cutler can't trade himself. Why doesn't McDaniels just say. "We want Jay Cutler as our QB, No matter what, Jay Cutler will be a Bronco next year because we aren't trading him period!"

Isn't that the commitment Cutler wants? This is dumb as hell! Cutler has said he doesn't want to be traded, that what started this whole mess to begen with. The FO has said they don't want to trade him so why are they talking like they might still trade him? :confused:

Both sides want to work it out yet they keep fighting and no matter what McDaniels has said, he always leaves an out in trading Cutler.. I am not convinced he wants Cutler on this team are you? So why would Cutler be convinced?

claymore
03-23-2009, 07:47 PM
People just don't get it do they. McDaniels is trying to set the tone for the team. No one player is more important than another. He isn't going to sit here and say Jay is "untouchable" By saying that, it means Jay is better than most players on the team. McDaniels tried to trade Jay for Cassel. That is all. Jay wants McDaniels to tell him he is untouchable. McDaniels is not going to do it because it would undermine the mind set that he is trying to instill. Jay is the QB of the Broncos...........I get it.

We get it, we just think its a ridiculously retarded plan, way of doing business, and it obviously isnt working.

You say no one is untouchable and you cut the long snapper, I get it. You dont **** with your MOST VALUABLE PLAYER! Hell he could have done it with Champ and I would have laughed.

omac
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
It's half truths. Like when he said, "We never wanted to trade Cutler for draft picks".. People hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest..

You have to read the fine print with this guy... :lol:

Exactly, the way he answers questions leaves a door open ... so if not for draft picks, did the Broncos want to trade Cutler for a player? He answers the same way when asked if Cutler will be the Broncos QB of the future. He got real good training at that from the far-from-honest Bellichick.

honz
03-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Exactly, the way he answers questions leaves a door open ... so if not for draft picks, did the Broncos want to trade Cutler for a player? He answers the same way when asked if Cutler will be the Broncos QB of the future. He got real good training at that from the far-from-honest Bellichick.
Shanny did the same thing...

McDaniels has been pretty consistent with what he is saying IMO, but it appears people will see what they want to see.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 07:58 PM

So we are hearing the same thing Cutler is saying he is hearing.. So why would I not believe Cutler?

McDaniels has not one time fully committed to Cutler to be our starter next year. Then he says a bunch of shit that makes some say, he wants Cutler to be the starter. So whats the deal? I hate to say he is lying but seriously, what's the deal? If he wants Cutler as he said he does, why not just fully commit? Why does he keep leaving these doors open? For people to question rather or not Cutler will be traded..

We heard him speak, on the matter. Now I ask you, are you convinced Cutler will be the Broncos QB next year? Do you feel the Broncos could still trade him? Isn't that what Cutler has been saying after talking to McDaniels?

Is Cutler making shit up or does McDaniels always leave an open door to trading him? It really is no wonder Cutler feels like he could be traded..

It's really not that hard to say you are not trading someone.. McDaniels can't be that dumb.. He is prolonging this whole mess because he isn't putting the only question down that matters. Are you trading Jay Cutler? If he really doesn't want to, why can't he just say NO?

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Shanny did the same thing...

McDaniels has been pretty consistent with what he is saying IMO, but it appears people will see what they want to see.

So then after hearing what he said, You completely believe he will not trade Cutler?

Think about it. All Cutler has been saying is that after talking to him he still felt like he could be traded..

honz
03-23-2009, 08:13 PM
So then after hearing what he said, You completely believe he will not trade Cutler?

Think about it. All Cutler has been saying is that after talking to him he still felt like he could be traded..

I believe that he wanted (or at least was intrigued) to trade Cutler for his guy in Cassel. I also believe that he has no intentions of trading Cutler for Brady Quinn, draft picks, or any other sort of deal. Every quote I've seen from him indicates that he wants Cutler to be our QB next year. Whether he poorly communicated this to Jay or whether Jay misunderstood what he was saying, I don't know...but Jay is the only one saying that he doesn't want himself to be a Bronco next year. McDaniels and Bowlen have been saying otherwise for 2 weeks now.

omac
03-23-2009, 08:51 PM

Yup.

McDaniels already lied to Cutler, then admitted about lying to him. His answers to the media about never being interested in trading Cutler for draft picks left a door open. It's like Clinton insisting he did not have sexual relations with that woman. The definitive statement would've been, they were not interested in trading Cutler for anyone, but instead of saying that, he leaves another door open saying anyone can be traded.

Cutler believe he's lying, the press believes he's lying, the analysts believe he's lying. It's obvious in the way he makes statements that his answers don't answer the question directly.

But people will believe what they want.

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 08:53 PM
But people will believe what they want.

Ain't that the truth. :rolleyes:

omac
03-23-2009, 08:55 PM
I believe that he wanted (or at least was intrigued) to trade Cutler for his guy in Cassel. I also believe that he has no intentions of trading Cutler for Brady Quinn, draft picks, or any other sort of deal. Every quote I've seen from him indicates that he wants Cutler to be our QB next year. Whether he poorly communicated this to Jay or whether Jay misunderstood what he was saying, I don't know...but Jay is the only one saying that he doesn't want himself to be a Bronco next year. McDaniels and Bowlen have been saying otherwise for 2 weeks now.

The message to Cutler is that he's their QB now, since they could not get Cassel. He's their QB now, but for the future, who's to say, as anyone can be traded. That last point, he even said that to the press in his video. You don't even have to read between the lines.

omac
03-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Ain't that the truth. :rolleyes:

Definitely. :coffee:

Denver27og
03-23-2009, 09:04 PM
i dont kno... i still dont like MCDIK

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 09:07 PM

so to blow smoke up jays skirt would have been better?

he tells the world the truth and Y'all can't handle it..

I listened to every word of the interview and show and the guy can't get a break.. about the only one worth listening to was Deon telling jay to man up..

come on face the fact you have a tough time moving from mikey to Josh..

admit the man love. it is the first step in recovery..

YES it it logical when you think about it.. when will jay man up?

Shazam!
03-23-2009, 09:18 PM
This is really getting old. Shanahan stabbed how many players in the back, many, many years after winning two Super Bowls with John Elway and technically a Free Agent assembled AFC Pro Bowl squad and that's all good, but people are still slamming McDaniels after his comment technically stating the Broncos are committed to Cutler? WTF do you guys want him to say? Kiss his ass? I don't get it.

You are all shitting on McDaniels now, but if he gets this team to the playoffs and gets a win, he'll be the best thing since the automatic transmission. And if Cutler isn't here, watch how fast you all forget him.

Rant over.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 09:22 PM

Jay has no say on whether he gets traded or not... If you believe they don't want to trade Cutler why are you still talking like he might get traded?

Also, what changed? McDaniels believes he should listen to every offer to see if it will better the football team. So why now are they not listening to offers? :confused:

For all he knows one of those 10 teams might be offering ever pick in this years draft for Cutler.. Will this ever go away? Will we always wonder if our best player might get traded as long as McDaniels is the HC? You do believe McDaniels feels any could be traded right?

elsid13
03-23-2009, 09:23 PM

Many a leader has figured how to set the tone for his/her "team", and have high standards without being a manulipative. This isn't about Jay wanted to be untouchable, it about open lines of communication and straight answers. I going to say it again talent wins on the field, and coaches don't play on Sundays.

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Also, what changed? McDaniels believes he should listen to every offer to see if it will better the football team. So why now are they not listening to offers?

Geez...he didn't say that either.

Want to put any more words in McDaniels' mouth?

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 09:28 PM
so to blow smoke up jays skirt would have been better?

he tells the world the truth and Y'all can't handle it..

I listened to every word of the interview and show and the guy can't get a break.. about the only one worth listening to was Deon telling jay to man up..

come on face the fact you have a tough time moving from mikey to Josh..

admit the man love. it is the first step in recovery..

YES it it logical when you think about it.. when will jay man up?

Dion would have been upset if he was in trade talks for another corner and everyone knows that..

So what exactly are you disagreeing with Jr? After watching the interview, do you believe Cutler will be a Bronco next year or to you still feel like he could be traded? It's a simple question. Did McDaniels silence any doubt or not?

What do you think he was saying? Did he say he wouldn't trade Cutler regardless of the offer, or are we still to believe he would still trade Cutler if he got the right offer?

honz
03-23-2009, 09:29 PM
The message to Cutler is that he's their QB now, since they could not get Cassel. He's their QB now, but for the future, who's to say, as anyone can be traded. That last point, he even said that to the press in his video. You don't even have to read between the lines.
I presume it would depend on how Cutler performs over the next couple years...just like every player. All I have heard McDaniels say over the past couple weeks is that he does not want to trade Cutler...just like he said today. Don't you think that if he truly wanted to simply get rid of Cutler that he would be actively shopping him and trying to drive up his value instead of firmly stating that he wants to work things out? I mean if he truly wanted to trade him he would have done it within a couple days of when this whole situation came about...the longer this thing goes on the lower Cutler's value goes, as the Broncos will continue to look more and more desperate to simply get simply get rid of him.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Geez...he didn't say that either.

Want to put any more words in McDaniels' mouth?

So then you believe he is still listening to offers?

NameUsedBefore
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2152/algnicksaban.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=algnicksaban.jpg)

"I am NOT going to be the coach at Alabama!"

Biggest douche/sleezebag in NFL history IMO.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I presume it would depend on how Cutler performs over the next couple years...just like every player. All I have heard McDaniels say over the past couple weeks is that he does not want to trade Cutler...just like he said today. Don't you think that if he truly wanted to simply get rid of Cutler that he would be actively shopping him and trying to drive up his value instead of firmly stating that he wants to work things out? I mean if he truly wanted to trade him he would have done it within a couple days of when this whole situation came about...the longer this thing goes on the lower Cutler's value goes, as the Broncos will continue to look more and more desperate to simply get simply get rid of him.

No if Denver wants him it means the other teams will have to offer more to get them to agree to a trade. It is in the Broncos best interest's to make everyone believe they still want Cutler rather that is true or not.. Cutlers stock is not dropping by them saying they want him..

slim
03-23-2009, 09:32 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/jefslo_24/avatar_1500.gif

honz
03-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Jay has no say on whether he gets traded or not... If you believe they don't want to trade Cutler why are you still talking like he might get traded?

Also, what changed? McDaniels believes he should listen to every offer to see if it will better the football team. So why now are they not listening to offers? :confused:

For all he knows one of those 10 teams might be offering ever pick in this years draft for Cutler.. Will this ever go away? Will we always wonder if our best player might get traded as long as McDaniels is the HC? You do believe McDaniels feels any could be traded right?

Jay has a say in whether he refuses to play or not. Who's to say that Jay doesn't get pissed again when he comes back to Dove Valley and decide that he is going to force the Broncos' hand and simply refuse to play for McDaniels. So, he really does have a say in whether he is traded or not as I doubt the Broncos want to pay Jay to sit at home...they might as well trade him and try to win some football games.

You are stretching with your second paragraph. I'm sure they are listening to offers from other teams, but they probably have no intention of trading Cutler unless we are getting Matt Ryan and a draft pick in return...or something like that.

And I think this thing will go away real quick if Jay and Josh can make up and win some football games this year. After all, that is what they are getting paid to do.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I don't know why it's so hard for some of you to understand?

Even after the interview most of you still believe Cutler will be traded. So why do you still feel that way?

You believe McDaniels said he didn't want to trade Cutler right? You believe McDaniels said he wanted Cutler under center for the Broncos next year right?

So why are you still questioning rather or not Cutler will still be a bronco next year? It should be a done deal if you really believe he is saying he wants Cutler as the Broncos QB.. Cutler can't trade himself and he already said he would play... This all should be over, yet everyone believes Cutler could still be traded. Why is that? Didn't you listen to him? Didn't he say he wasn't going to trade Cutler? Or did he still leave the door open for a trade?

Shazam!
03-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Then good friggin' riddance. We want a QB to want to play and want to win. Then it is all on Cutler's immature baby-ish behavior. I want him here but the fans, the management and Mcdaniels shouldn't have to grovel before his greatness, it's ridiculous.

honz
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
No if Denver wants him it means the other teams will have to offer more to get them to agree to a trade. It is in the Broncos best interest's to make everyone believe they still want Cutler rather that is true or not.. Cutlers stock is not dropping by them saying they want him..
No. If they end up having to trade him now it means that they have exhausted all other options. They will be getting rid of him because it is clear that it was never going to work. That makes the Broncos desperate to get something in return.

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Dion would have been upset if he was in trade talks for another corner and everyone knows that..

So what exactly are you disagreeing with Jr? After watching the interview, do you believe Cutler will be a Bronco next year or to you still feel like he could be traded? It's a simple question. Did McDaniels silence any doubt or not?

What do you think he was saying? Did he say he wouldn't trade Cutler regardless of the offer, or are we still to believe he would still trade Cutler if he got the right offer?

I believe that Josh is trying to set that stage for jay to man up and come in and talk to him one on one..

unless the offer is so huge jay is a bronco.. again saying they would be remiss not to listen to bonefide offers..

I also believe if jay does not attempt to bridge the gap and stays a drama queen then he is gone and DEN will take the best deal that is out there..

I hope thy get this resolved by the draft so we will not have to watch jay set on the bench pouting all year.. while Simms or whomever that has been in camp being a leader, taking reps and learning the system is on the field..

jay loses on what ever happens here..

if he comes in only when forced to that in itself speaks volumes about his maturity.. if he comes in before hand and talks to Josh, Xman and/or Pat on his own volition then this probably can be resolved..

If not he is most likely gonna be playing on that toilet bowl of teams next year.. cause that is the one that will make the best offer..

I wish the drama queen the best for the upcoming season.. again hopefully he will get some huevos and talk sooner rather that later..

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Jay has a say in whether he refuses to play or not. Who's to say that Jay doesn't get pissed again when he comes back to Dove Valley and decide that he is going to force the Broncos' hand and simply refuse to play for McDaniels. So, he really does have a say in whether he is traded or not as I doubt the Broncos want to pay Jay to sit at home...they might as well trade him and try to win some football games.

You are stretching with your second paragraph. I'm sure they are listening to offers from other teams, but they probably have no intention of trading Cutler unless we are getting Matt Ryan and a draft pick in return...or something like that.

And I think this thing will go away real quick if Jay and Josh can make up and win some football games this year. After all, that is what they are getting paid to do.

So then you agree Jay is still on the trading block and will be traded if the right offer comes along. Isn't that also what Cutler has been saying?

Jay already said he would play and come to the mandatory camp. He will play for the Broncos as long as he's a Bronco. This all started because he didn't know if he would be a Bronco next year and people can blame Jay all they want but even we can't say McDaniels wont trade him after listening to him. Didn't we all come to the same conclusion that Jay did?

Cutler could still be traded if the right offer comes along.

honz
03-23-2009, 09:43 PM

Even after the interview most of you still believe Cutler will be traded. So why do you still feel that way?

You believe McDaniels said he didn't want to trade Cutler right? You believe McDaniels said he wanted Cutler under center for the Broncos next year right?

So why are you still questioning rather or not Cutler will still be a bronco next year? It should be a done deal if you really believe he is saying he wants Cutler as the Broncos QB.. Cutler can't trade himself and he already said he would play... This all should be over, yet everyone believes Cutler could still be traded. Why is that? Didn't you listen to him? Didn't he say he wasn't going to trade Cutler? Or did he still leave the door open for a trade?

I believe Cutler will be traded if he is dead serious about his demand for a trade. If he plays, but doesn't listen to the coaching staff at all and just does whatever the hell he wants, I believe he will be traded. Or if he gets pissed again when he comes back to Dove Valley and decides to hold out...he will be traded.

I've said all along that I thing both sides work this out and I don't remember seeing many people say in this thread that they think Cutler will be traded. It sounds like you are making assumptions and putting words into more than just McDaniels mouth.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
No. If they end up having to trade him now it means that they have exhausted all other options. They will be getting rid of him because it is clear that it was never going to work. That makes the Broncos desperate to get something in return.

They will never have to trade him.. He is making less this year then it cost to cut some of the guys we already cut..

honz
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
So then you agree Jay is still on the trading block and will be traded if the right offer comes along. Isn't that also what Cutler has been saying?

Jay already said he would play and come to the mandatory camp. He will play for the Broncos as long as he's a Bronco. This all started because he didn't know if he would be a Bronco next year and people can blame Jay all they want but even we can't say McDaniels wont trade him after listening to him. Didn't we all come to the same conclusion that Jay did?

Cutler could still be traded if the right offer comes along.
It was just hyperbole, bro. Atlanta's not gonna offer Matt Ryan and a draft pick. Wouldn't you at least think about that offer though if you were in charge? What about Tom Brady and a draft pick for Peyton Manning? If you call "could be traded if Madden were how the NFL works" being on the trading block, then yes, I guess he is on the trading block.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I believe that Josh is trying to set that stage for jay to man up and come in and talk to him one on one..

unless the offer is so huge jay is a bronco.. again saying they would be remiss not to listen to bonefide offers..

I also believe if jay does not attempt to bridge the gap and stays a drama queen then he is gone and DEN will take the best deal that is out there..

I hope thy get this resolved by the draft so we will not have to watch jay set on the bench pouting all year.. while Simms or whomever that has been in camp being a leader, taking reps and learning the system is on the field..

jay loses on what ever happens here..

if he comes in only when forced to that in itself speaks volumes about his maturity.. if he comes in before hand and talks to Josh, Xman and/or Pat on his own volition then this probably can be resolved..

If not he is most likely gonna be playing on that toilet bowl of teams next year.. cause that is the one that will make the best offer..

I wish the drama queen the best for the upcoming season.. again hopefully he will get some huevos and talk sooner rather that later..

So you believe Cutler could still be traded for the right offer. Isn't that what Cutler has been saying?

If McDaniels committed to not trading Cutler. We both know he would come to camp. The only reason he wasn't there to begin with is because he thought he might be traded.. If McDaniels came right out and said no and's if's or but's about it. Cutler will not be traded! This would all be over. It is pretty clear he didn't say that or you wouldn't believe Cutler could still be traded..

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
So you believe Cutler could still be traded for the right offer. Isn't that what Cutler has been saying?

If McDaniels committed to not trading Cutler. We both know he would come to camp. The only reason he wasn't there to begin with is because he thought he might be traded.. If McDaniels came right out and said no and's if's or but's about it. Cutler will not be traded! This would all be over. It is pretty clear he didn't say that or you wouldn't believe Cutler could still be traded..

ANYONE could be traded for the right offer. Period.

Cutler needs to get that through his damn head.

Buff
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/henry.jpg
"It was second hand smoke"

And
http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/statsid/s5218.jpg

slim
03-23-2009, 09:51 PM

And some posters, too :welcome:

honz
03-23-2009, 09:51 PM
They will never have to trade him.. He is making less this year then it cost to cut some of the guys we already cut..

So they'd just let him rot and not get anything in return for him? That would be bad business. C'mon, you seriously think they wouldn't trade him in that situation?

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
It was just hyperbole, bro. Atlanta's not gonna offer Matt Ryan and a draft pick. Wouldn't you at least think about that offer though if you were in charge? What about Tom Brady and a draft pick for Peyton Manning? If you call "could be traded if Madden were how the NFL works" being on the trading block, then yes, I guess he is on the trading block.

Either you can be traded or you can't... Cutler has been saying, I still believe I might get traded after talking to McDaniels and people are coming down on him for miss interpreting things. When they are saying the exact same thing. Cutler could still get traded.

Shazam!
03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh geeez.

honz
03-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Either you can be traded or you can't... Cutler has been saying, I still believe I might get traded after talking to McDaniels and people are coming down on him for miss interpreting things. When they are saying the exact same thing. Cutler could still get traded.

I'm done. We're going round and round in circles. Yes, Cutler could be traded, but so could Peyton Manning...if we were playing Madden here. Cutler could also be traded if he decides to holdout or something. However, if Cutler can just work things out enough with McDaniels so that he can play football for the man then he will NOT be traded. Is that clear?

...IMO.

gregbroncs
03-23-2009, 09:57 PM

So why are you still questioning rather or not Cutler will still be a bronco next year? It should be a done deal if you really believe he is saying he wants Cutler as the Broncos QB.. Cutler can't trade himself and he already said he would play... This all should be over, yet everyone believes Cutler could still be traded. Why is that? Didn't you listen to him? Didn't he say he wasn't going to trade Cutler? Or did he still leave the door open for a trade?Because Cutler is still whining and asking for a trade. McDaniels can say he does not want to trade Jay all he wants but if Cutler does not want to be here McDaniels may not get what he wants.

You act like this is solely in McDaniels court. It's not Jay can continue to whine and cry like a little baby and force the Broncos' hand. McDaniels can not say unequivocally that Cutler will be here because Jay still has a trade Demand on the table that he has not removed because Josh and the franchise won't kiss his ass.

I agree with McDaniels that every player is trade able. If IND offer Manning and 2 1st round picks Cutler would be gone in a heart beat so how can you look the guy in the face and tell him there is no way he will be traded? I also don't like 1 guy to be put ahead of the franchise. There are times that it is acceptable but Jay is far from that point at this time.

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 10:15 PM

NO he is pissed because mikey or Jeremy is not there to hold his hand and the scheme is changing from going deep alot to a controlled passing game..

Josh has made it abundantly clear before today, that jay is a bronco and they are not actively seeking a trade for her.

Jay has to know like all the other broncos do now that if the right deal comes along anyone can be traded.. Just like it would be on any NFL team..

If you have not figured out this is all posturing for a new contract then we will have to agree to disagree..

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 10:20 PM

so who the **** cares IF he could be traded..

oh I do not want to learn a new system IF I might get traded.. What about getting his neck broke and never playing again.. would that mean he does not go on the field anymore..

if he has played in this league for 3 years and not figured this nugget out.. he can't be to ******* bright can he?

everyone can be traded they even traded a coach a few years ago they have traded cities.. Jesus Christ what does jay think he is?..

What do you think he is?

WARHORSE
03-23-2009, 10:44 PM

Lets not carry the 'no one player is more important than another' thing too far shall we?

The fact is, and everyone that has a brain knows this: the franchise QUARTERBACK most of all, also every other franchise player in the NFL, has more leverage than the rest of the players, and thats just a fact.

You DONT deal with franchise quarterbacks the same way you do everyone else, cause they are the single most important piece to superbowldom that is required, and that too........is a fact.

If Cutler were not the 25 yr old franchise QB of the Denver Broncos.............we would not be talkin about this. Fact.

You can chew out Brady all you want .................as long as hes good with it. Otherwise, guys like Gaffney would be sayin: Belichick will chew out EVERYONE on the team.............except Brady. Brady is special.

If coach Dungy chewed out Manning and Manning told him to kiss his butt........Dungy would shut up, and try and work it out another way.

If Brady were to balk at a Belicheat butt chewing, and tell Belichick to shove it? Belichick would do one of two things:

A. Realize that Brady is who he is, and how much he means to the success of the franchise (hint: his success as a coach as well), thereby move to make him happy...or

B. Tell himself that he doesnt need Brady, and Brady is NOT above him and the team, and can kiss his rear hair garden.

SO the question is this: If Tom Brady were playing QB of the Pats this past year...............what would their record have been?

And another: So if Cassell were to come back and play QB for the Pats this year........their record would be.....: what?

Dont tell me the franchise QB is just another player.

McD is figuring this one out right now.

WARHORSE
03-23-2009, 10:45 PM
so who the **** cares IF he could be traded..

oh I do not want to learn a new system IF I might get traded.. What about getting his neck broke and never playing again.. would that mean he does not go on the field anymore..

if he has played in this league for 3 years and not figured this nugget out.. he can't be to ******* bright can he?

everyone can be traded they even traded a coach a few years ago they have traded cities.. Jesus Christ what does jay think he is?..

What do you think he is?

Hes McDaniels daddy.

WARHORSE
03-23-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm done. We're going round and round in circles. Yes, Cutler could be traded, but so could Peyton Manning...if we were playing Madden here. Cutler could also be traded if he decides to holdout or something. However, if Cutler can just work things out enough with McDaniels so that he can play football for the man then he will NOT be traded. Is that clear?

...IMO.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

Hence, the center of the problem.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
So they'd just let him rot and not get anything in return for him? That would be bad business. C'mon, you seriously think they wouldn't trade him in that situation?

I don't believe for a minute it would ever get to that situation.. Cutlers biggest problem has been from the start that he believe McDaniels will trade him. If McDaniels commits to not trading him or he simple doesn't trade him.. The problem goes away..

Don't you see. This has all been about Cutler not wanted to get traded or believing he could be traded.. Even now as we sit here talking about the posibility of Cutler getting traded. Even after McDaniels talks we are still saying that. Just as Cutler was.

So should he still have a problem? Well from what all of you are saying and from what I seen myself I would say yes, there is still a good possibility he could still get traded. That's what Cutler has had a problem with all along and it has not gone away.

McDaniels has not convinced anyone he isn't going to trade Cutler... People might say he said he doesn't want to but even they believe Cutler might still get traded and in fact, most believe he will get traded.

slim
03-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Lets not carry the 'no one player is more important than another' thing too far shall we?

The fact is, and everyone that has a brain knows this: the franchise QUARTERBACK most of all, also every other franchise player in the NFL, has more leverage than the rest of the players, and thats just a fact.

You DONT deal with franchise quarterbacks the same way you do everyone else, cause they are the single most important piece to superbowldom that is required, and that too........is a fact.

If Cutler were not the 25 yr old franchise QB of the Denver Broncos.............we would not be talkin about this. Fact.

You can chew out Brady all you want .................as long as hes good with it. Otherwise, guys like Gaffney would be sayin: Belichick will chew out EVERYONE on the team.............except Brady. Brady is special.

If coach Dungy chewed out Manning and Manning told him to kiss his butt........Dungy would shut up, and try and work it out another way.

If Brady were to balk at a Belicheat butt chewing, and tell Belichick to shove it? Belichick would do one of two things:

A. Realize that Brady is who he is, and how much he means to the success of the franchise (hint: his success as a coach as well), thereby move to make him happy...or

B. Tell himself that he doesnt need Brady, and Brady is NOT above him and the team, and can kiss his rear hair garden.

SO the question is this: If Tom Brady were playing QB of the Pats this past year...............what would their record have been?

And another: So if Cassell were to come back and play QB for the Pats this year........their record would be.....: what?

Dont tell me the franchise QB is just another player.

McD is figuring this one out right now.

Mabye the problem is that guys like Brady and Manning don't put themselves in front of the team. Just a thought.

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 10:49 PM

Too bad you're wrong about that.

Belichick cuts Brady down on a continuous basis in front of his teammates, and Brady, as a good teammate, reacts and gets better, instead of crying like a little bitch.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 10:50 PM

Well then, why didn't we go after Brady when they still had Cassel? We could have traded Cutler for a couple 1st round picks and thrown in our 1st to get Brady.. That would have been the smart thing to do if anyone can be traded..

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 10:51 PM

Belichick cuts Brady down on a continuous basis in front of his teammates, and Brady, as a good teammate, reacts and gets better, instead of crying like a little bitch.

Well I guess that settles it. Thankfully, someone with information on the inner workings of the Patriots franchise. :salute:

slim
03-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Well then, why didn't we go after Brady when they still had Cassel? We could have traded Cutler for a couple 1st round picks and thrown in our 1st to get Brady.. That would have been the smart thing to do if anyone can be traded..

Hershel Walker agrees....

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Well I guess that settles it. Thankfully, someone with information on the inner workings of the Patriots franchise. :salute:

Look...I can't find the article, but there was a New York Times Article posted here about a free agent realizing he had to better himself because no one was bigger than the team in New England. It was because Belichick lit into Brady on the first day of practice.

Personally...I'd rather see that then the damn coddling Cutler has received.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 10:55 PM

...IMO.

Why is that again? They were considering trading him before he had anything to work out with McDaniels.. Now we are to believe they would only trade him if it is Cutlers fault? Funny how that works :laugh:

rcsodak
03-23-2009, 10:56 PM

That's funny...

....I heard him clarify. :coffee:

slim
03-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Why is that again? They were considering trading him before he had anything to work out with McDaniels.. Now we are to believe they would only trade him if it is Cutlers fault? Funny how that works :laugh:

Good Lord...it is clear you have your mind made up.

McD = Satan

Cutler = God

Congrats to you on your revelation. May it serve you well.

rcsodak
03-23-2009, 10:58 PM
I got the same text but Cutler said that after their last meeting.. Knowing that, McDaniels is still talking like he want to talk to Cutler one more time before he trades him.. So what more does he want Cutler to do? He already said he would come to camp and therefore play..

If you ask me this should be a done deal if McDaniels just wants Cutler to play for the Broncos as he had said.

He's said numerous times, that he wants a "face to face" with cut-n-run'er WITHOUT his agent.

Mano eh mano!

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 10:59 PM

Boy have you turned this around to suit your opinion...

No one, including McDaniels' is insinuating that they would trade Cutler because it was "his fault." That's just stupid. It really is. Not even Cutler is insinuating that.

They have repeatedly said, which apparently isn't good enough for you because you will apparently NEVER believe anything McDaniels says (which automatically throws any credibility you have out the window, but I digress), that they would only entertain trade offers if it made the team better. Up to this point, they haven't found a trade offer that would make the team better, which has nothing to do with how Cutler feels. But keep reaching and reaching...and while you're at it, tell me how Jay Cutler's ass tastes? (Thanks Shaq)

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
He's said numerous times, that he wants a "face to face" with cut-n-run'er WITHOUT his agent.

Mano eh mano!

got to have haired up and have huevos to do that not sure jay is either..

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Look...I can't find the article, but there was a New York Times Article posted here about a free agent realizing he had to better himself because no one was bigger than the team in New England. It was because Belichick lit into Brady on the first day of practice.

I believe you, it was just tongue in cheek MB.

Look, I'm not trying to defend Cutler's attitude in this at all, I just don't think it's good for wins and losses at this point in time to unload our best player. Draft picks are hit or miss and I am not huge on any of the stop gap QB's we might pick up.

I want to sit back on my couch on Sundays and watch the Broncos take it to teams. I don't look forward to watching this year if he is gone because I think it will be painful.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:02 PM
NO he is pissed because mikey or Jeremy is not there to hold his hand and the scheme is changing from going deep alot to a controlled passing game..

Josh has made it abundantly clear before today, that jay is a bronco and they are not actively seeking a trade for her.

Jay has to know like all the other broncos do now that if the right deal comes along anyone can be traded.. Just like it would be on any NFL team..

If you have not figured out this is all posturing for a new contract then we will have to agree to disagree..

So you agree with Jay that regardless what McDaniels is pretending to say, he could still trade him..

Whether we agree he should be able to accept that or not, at least we are making progress. Cutler isn't reading to much into things, we are all coming to the same conclusion..

rcsodak
03-23-2009, 11:03 PM

Can you see the future, clay?

If cut-n-run'er gets hit by a slow-moving bus tomorrow, and is put out of commission, I'd say there's probably a VERY high probability that he'll NOT be denver's starting QB this year. Agree?

If you guys can't see where the interviewer was just trying to make a name for himself *I've never heard of him*, and come up with a headline, then ya'll need to step back and put the bottle DOWN! :D

McD was simply trying to dispel the rumors so he can get back to coaching the ENTIRE team, imho.

Screw the blame game. Let's get back to football!!!!!!!!

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
So you agree with Jay that regardless what McDaniels is pretending to say, he could still trade him..

YES!

They could trade him. The price has to be right, but they could trade him. EVERYONE COULD BE TRADED!

Can you not understand this?

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Mabye the problem is that guys like Brady and Manning don't put themselves in front of the team. Just a thought.

Well if Belichick and Caldwel are dumb enough to ever put their name out there as trade bait we will see wont we... Something tells me they are smarter then that. If you can't see the difference between the franchise QB and the freaking LS you don't deserve a job coaching a pro football team period!

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 11:09 PM

Whether we agree he should be able to accept that or not, at least we are making progress. Cutler isn't reading to much into things, we are all coming to the same conclusion..

it is the position I have had since day one. I'm not moving a bit..

Josh has stated that if the price is right and it helps the team anything is possible.. He told this to him (supposedly) in both of their "chats"..

Nothing is new..

The only person on the broncos that is not trade able is PAT..

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:11 PM

I read a report the other day that said Shanahan used to scaled Cutler too.. There is a difference in scalding someone and saying you don't want them as your QB by deeming them tradable...

Why haven't we ever heard of Brady in trade talks before? :confused:

slim
03-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I read a report the other day that said Shanahan used to scaled Cutler too.. There is a difference in scalding someone and saying you don't want them as your QB by deeming them tradable...

Because he has won three rings.

Once Cutler has at least made the playoffs, then you can drop his name into this type of conversation. Until then, you are WAY offbase.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:13 PM

Adalias Thomas said that. But why are we talking about a coach scalding a player? What does that have to do with that player being OK with being deemed expendable?

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 11:13 PM

Scold. No one is burning him.

No one has said they don't want him. They have said they heard offers and said no. Let's get that straight. Everyone is tradable for the right price. And that's what's being said. Nothing more, nothing less. They aren't saying they have no confidence in him, and they aren't demeaning him in any way. That's all made up in Cutler's head.

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 11:17 PM

because he was smart enough to talk to his coach before opening his yap..

crying to the press..

next

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Josh has stated that if the price is right and it helps the team anything is possible..

This is the whole disagreement. From just a football standpoint, most people believe it is asinine to think unloading Cutler could possibly result in "helping the team". That's not just fans talking either, several reports have been made about league personnel saying Denver would be crazy to do that or what have you.

I see it as a very risky proposition trying to value someone based on draft picks in return. The draft is a crapshoot and we could very well get 2 first round busts and then we're really screwed in a couple years once people realize we got nothing in return and would have been better off keeping Cutler even if he doesn't get any better than he is now.

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 11:21 PM

Once Cutler has at least made the playoffs, then you can drop his name into this type of conversation. Until then, you are WAY offbase.

Man, that Dan Marino, what a joke he was. The guy never even won a Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, so he was obviously the better player. :beer:

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Boy have you turned this around to suit your opinion...

No one, including McDaniels' is insinuating that they would trade Cutler because it was "his fault." That's just stupid. It really is. Not even Cutler is insinuating that.

They have repeatedly said, which apparently isn't good enough for you because you will apparently NEVER believe anything McDaniels says (which automatically throws any credibility you have out the window, but I digress), that they would only entertain trade offers if it made the team better. Up to this point, they haven't found a trade offer that would make the team better, which has nothing to do with how Cutler feels. But keep reaching and reaching...and while you're at it, tell me how Jay Cutler's ass tastes? (Thanks Shaq)

You must not have read what I responded too, which I have come to expect as that seems to be the norm..

"Cutler could also be traded if he decides to holdout or something. However, if Cutler can just work things out enough with McDaniels so that he can play football for the man then he will NOT be traded"

That there is certainly saying Cutler will NOT be traded unless he can't get over his problems...

I am 6'3" bro, I have no problem seeing eye to eye with Cutler..No need for me to worry how his ass tastes. ;)

slim
03-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Man, that Dan Marino, what a joke he was. The guy never even won a Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, so he was obviously the better player. :beer:

:confused:

Are you saying the Cutler is better than Brady?

Do you really want to make that argument?

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 11:24 PM
This is the whole disagreement. From just a football standpoint, most people believe it is asinine to think unloading Cutler could possibly result in "helping the team". That's not just fans talking either, several reports have been made about league personnel saying Denver would be crazy to do that or what have you.

I see it as a very risky proposition trying to value someone based on draft picks in return. The draft is a crapshoot and we could very well get 2 first round busts and then we're really screwed in a couple years once people realize we got nothing in return and would have been better off keeping Cutler even if he doesn't get any better than he is now.

But remember that the past few QB's for NE that Josh is from are not named QB till they got to NE and were systematized.. and they become some to the best QB's in the league..

just as mikey could bring in a second or third tier RB and get production out of them.. We do not have to have a rocket arm to run the scheme..

jay is nice to have but is not an absolute necessity to have on the field..

where as you can;t get better on D with out draft choices quality ones at that.. right now the more the better..

If we can get an above average QB to excel in the system why do we need Jay?

Why drive a Ferrari when a vette will do?.. it is overkill nice to have but if you can't take it out on the road and open it up it is not needed..

as I have said time and again Offense wins games Defenses win Playoff games and super bowls..

LoyalSoldier
03-23-2009, 11:25 PM

At this point in their careers. Nope. Will that always be true? No way to know till Cutler and Brady retire.

slim
03-23-2009, 11:25 PM
At this point in their careers. Nope. Will that always be true? No way to know till Cutler and Brady retire.

LOL...yeah, I guess.

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 11:27 PM
You must not have read what I responded too, which I have come to expect as that seems to be the norm..

"Cutler could also be traded if he decides to holdout or something. However, if Cutler can just work things out enough with McDaniels so that he can play football for the man then he will NOT be traded"

That there is certainly saying Cutler will NOT be traded unless he can't get over his problems...

I am 6'3" bro, I have no problem seeing eye to eye with Cutler..No need for me to worry how his ass tastes. ;)

Who is that quote attributed to? McDaniels? It certainly wasn't...so I'll stay away from quoting that as fact, and I suggest that you do the same.

Basing your argument on that is weak, at best.

fcspikeit
YES!

They could trade him. The price has to be right, but they could trade him. EVERYONE COULD BE TRADED!

Can you not understand this?

Well McDaniels has been saying he can't understand why Cutler would feel that way after the meetings. We all are feeling that, it isn't just Cutler. We feel that way in spite of what McDaniels thinks he is saying..

This isn't about Cutler reading to much into things... How else could everyone be coming to the same conclusions after listening to McDaniels supposedly say he isn't trading Cutler?

ChampWJ

I clearly did not say that, go back and reread my post. I was pointing out how flawed your point was. A player does not have to go to the playoffs to be considered great. And to eliminate any confusion "A player" doesn't mean Cutler.

Shazam!
03-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Sorry but it is a safe bet that Cutler will never be the QB Brady is...

Oh yeah, unless he quits this garbage and starts working with the guy who made Brady even better.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:30 PM
it is the position I have had since day one. I'm not moving a bit..

Josh has stated that if the price is right and it helps the team anything is possible.. He told this to him (supposedly) in both of their "chats"..

Nothing is new..

The only person on the broncos that is not trade able is PAT..

That is what Cutler has been saying all along coming out of the meetings and people seemed to say he was making it all up because McDaniels said he wasn't trading Cutler.. Now it seems everyone agrees McDaniels is saying Cutler could still be traded.. I guess now everone believes Cutler was right in saying he believes McDaniels might still trade him. That's what everyone is saying, you see that right?

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Well McDaniels has been saying he can't understand why Cutler would feel that way after the meetings. We all are feeling that, it isn't just Cutler. We feel that way in spite of what McDaniels things he is saying..

This isn't about Cutler reading to much into things... How else could everyone be coming to the same conclusions after listening to McDaniels supposedly say he isn't trading Cutler?

So I guess you were in that meeting, huh? Brilliant deduction. EVERYONE says Cutler is right, so it must be true.

I'm sorry, but it's utterly ridiculous the things that you've been reading into this. It really is. You won't believe McDaniels, but you believe EVERYTHING even remotely on Cutler's side of things...if, in fact, there's really a rift...

I find your logic flawed and your attribution to your arguments weak. Sorry, but 'dems the facts.

slim
03-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I clearly did not say that, go back and reread my post. I was pointing out how flawed your point was. A player does not have to go to the playoffs to be considered great. And to eliminate any confusion "A player" doesn't mean Cutler.

Uh, OK...are you saying Marino never made it to the playoffs?

I am still confused. I know Jay hasn't made the playoffs...hell, even Jeff George did that (more than once, I think).

The bottom line is you jumped into the middle of a discussion that had nothing to do with any of the above...fyi.

Shazam!
03-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Man, that Dan Marino, what a joke he was. The guy never even won a Super Bowl.

I have no idea how this is relevent.

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 11:32 PM
But remember that the past few QB's for NE that Josh is from are not named QB till they got to NE and were systematized.. and they become some to the best QB's in the league..

just as mikey could bring in a second or third tier RB and get production out of them.. We do not have to have a rocket arm to run the scheme..

jay is nice to have but is not an absolute necessity to have on the field..

where as you can;t get better on D with out draft choices quality ones at that.. right now the more the better..

If we can get an above average QB to excel in the system why do we need Jay?

Why drive a Ferrari when a vette will do?.. it is overkill nice to have but if you can't take it out on the road and open it up it is not needed..

as I have said time and again Offense wins games Defenses win Playoff games and super bowls..

I can get on board with your points in this post. I agree that we could find another QB to run the system. But who? That is my whole beef with this thing. We already have a talented QB. We could go through several QB's before we actually find another one that pans out, and for what?

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:33 PM

So what does that mean? Is everyone tradable for the right price or not?

slim
03-23-2009, 11:34 PM

I don't know...that is a pretty vague question.

Right now I would trade you for holydiver...fyi.

GEM
03-23-2009, 11:35 PM
And there are reports out that McDoogie has been texting Jay and getting no answer in return...he's now gone on the NFL network, stated in numerous reports and articles that Jay is the guy....this is on Jay's shoulders at this point.

I wish they would just fix this ish....and Cook would get hit with a serious case of the Shut The Hell Up flu.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Scold. No one is burning him.

No one has said they don't want him. They have said they heard offers and said no. Let's get that straight. Everyone is tradable for the right price. And that's what's being said. Nothing more, nothing less. They aren't saying they have no confidence in him, and they aren't demeaning him in any way. That's all made up in Cutler's head.

Well just about everyone at NFLN total access seems to agree the trade talks by McDaniels showed a lack of faith in Cutler.. So Jay isn't the only one he sees it that way.. Funny most everyone there who was saying that were ex players.. Mature ex players too. Imagine that :shocked:

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 11:36 PM

Yes. Yes they are. And there's nothing wrong with that.

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Well just about everyone at NFLN total access seems to agree the trade talks by McDaniels showed a lack of faith in Cutler.. So Jay isn't the only one he sees it that way.. Funny most everyone there who was saying that were ex players.. Mature ex players too. Imagine that :shocked:

Who cares what they have to say?

And you apparently didn't hear Deon Sanders' take. "Man up. You haven't done nothing in this league yet."

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:38 PM
because he was smart enough to talk to his coach before opening his yap..

crying to the press..

next

If your going to assume you actually have something, I hope you can back that up with more then speculation?

If not, try again! :laugh:

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 11:39 PM
If your going to assume you actually have something, I hope you can back that up with more then speculation?

Are you really going to dispute that Cutler talked to the press before talking with his coaches/organization? Surely, you aren't going to argue that.

slim

LOL...you have nothing to back up anything you have said...fyi.

ChampWJ
Uh, OK...are you saying Marino never made it to the playoffs?

I am still confused. I know Jay hasn't made the playoffs...hell, even Jeff George did that (more than once, I think).

The bottom line is you jumped into the middle of a discussion that had nothing to do with any of the above...fyi.

FYI, the beauty of internet forums is anyone can jump into any discussion they wish. And FYI, I didn't say Marino never made it to the playoffs. You might want to re-read that post too. I was using that sarcastic example to illustrate just how asinine it is to imply that Cutler can't be considered on the same plane as Brady or whomever just because he hasn't made the playoffs.

Playoff berths and super bowls are not individual achievements, thus comparing two quarterbacks on those is without merit.

GEM
03-23-2009, 11:40 PM

OK, he was wronged....now what?

Get the eff over it and live up to the contract that you signed.

I'm in Jay's corner, I like the guy and think we will be worse off if he isn't here, but this is getting beyond ridiculous.

slim
03-23-2009, 11:41 PM
FYI, the beauty of internet forums is anyone can jump into any discussion they wish. And FYI, I didn't say Marino never made it to the playoffs. You might want to re-read that post too. I was using that sarcastic example to illustrate just how asinine it is to imply that Cutler can't be considered on the same plane as Brady or whomever just because he hasn't made the playoffs.

Playoff berths and super bowls are not individual achievements, thus comparing two quarterbacks on those is without merit.

OK, but comparing Brady and Cutler is not asinine...got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Who is that quote attributed to? McDaniels? It certainly wasn't...so I'll stay away from quoting that as fact, and I suggest that you do the same.

Basing your argument on that is weak, at best.

It wasn't attributed to Mcdaniels.. I responded to a post that said that.. You jumped all over my response to that post, with "no one is saying that" when in fact someone was saying that.

GEM
03-23-2009, 11:42 PM

Yep, they are. It's a business first and foremost. If losing one player can get you numerous others, and that is what you need, then you do it.

Herschel Walker was traded, just sayin.

slim
03-23-2009, 11:44 PM
It wasn't attributed to Mcdaniels.. I responded to a post that said that.. You jumped all over my response to that post, with "no one is saying that" when in fact someone was saying that.

LOL...you guys are killing me.

I feel like I'm in HS again.

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 11:45 PM
OK, but comparing Brady and Cutler is not asinine...got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

If you want to make intelligent comparisons, no it's not. I don't think Cutler is on Brady's level (yet), but it has absolutely nothing to do with playoff appearances.

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 11:45 PM
That is what Cutler has been saying all along coming out of the meetings and people seemed to say he was making it all up because McDaniels said he wasn't trading Cutler.. Now it seems everyone agrees McDaniels is saying Cutler could still be traded.. I guess now everone believes Cutler was right in saying he believes McDaniels might still trade him. That's what everyone is saying, you see that right?

NO I do not..

I see a bunch of hysterical fans, reporters and jay/agent going nuts about nothing..

If the moron comes to camp and plays half as hard as he whines he will be welcomed with open arms..

If he does not then he is trade able and frankly if we got two firsts and a player out of the deal I would still trade him..

let it rest..

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:46 PM
So I guess you were in that meeting, huh? Brilliant deduction. EVERYONE says Cutler is right, so it must be true.

I'm sorry, but it's utterly ridiculous the things that you've been reading into this. It really is. You won't believe McDaniels, but you believe EVERYTHING even remotely on Cutler's side of things...if, in fact, there's really a rift...

I find your logic flawed and your attribution to your arguments weak. Sorry, but 'dems the facts.

So I ask you, you seen the interview as I did. After watching it, do you believe Cutler could still be traded?

Why would we assume he said anything different to Cutler? He couldn't even convince us Cutler was off the block..

slim
03-23-2009, 11:47 PM
If you want to make intelligent comparisons, no it's not. I don't think Cutler is on Brady's level (yet), but it has absolutely nothing to do with playoff appearances.

Mmmm...OK.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:48 PM
I don't know...that is a pretty vague question.

Right now I would trade you for holydiver...fyi.

That question is the whole point! Are some players just to valuable to be traded or is everyone tradable?

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 11:48 PM
I can get on board with your points in this post. I agree that we could find another QB to run the system. But who? That is my whole beef with this thing. We already have a talented QB. We could go through several QB's before we actually find another one that pans out, and for what?

NE cranks them out like mikey did RB's none of them heralded at all..

you do not think we can find a system QB for this scheme? NE got them in later rounds IIRC..

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Yep, they are. It's a business first and foremost. If losing one player can get you numerous others, and that is what you need, then you do it.

Yeah, and Dallas took a huge risk. They had no guarantee the draft picks they got would turn into difference makers. The deal very easily could have gone quite the opposite for them.

slim
03-23-2009, 11:51 PM
So I ask you, you seen the interview as I did. After watching it, do you believe Cutler could still be traded?

Why would we assume he said anything different to Cutler? He couldn't even convince us Cutler was off the block..

Dude, you are a broken record.

Who gives a **** what was said to whom? These are grown men we are talking about. Get over it and move the **** on. Why is that so hard to understand.

McD tried to trade Jay...so ******* what? It's not like he slipped him a pill and took his ass hyman. Jesus H Christ...you make it sound like McD violated Jay in every way possible, took pictures, showed them to the rest of the team and then they all had a good laugh while Jay cried in the corner.

What a freaking joke...

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:52 PM
And there are reports out that McDoogie has been texting Jay and getting no answer in return...he's now gone on the NFL network, stated in numerous reports and articles that Jay is the guy....this is on Jay's shoulders at this point.

I wish they would just fix this ish....and Cook would get hit with a serious case of the Shut The Hell Up flu.

I wish they would just fix it too..

So what do you really think McDaniels said in the interview? Did he commit to Cutler and say he wasn't trading him? Is that what you got from it?

That is what Cutler has wanted all along. If he did that this would all be over. Even after the interview I still felt like Cutler might be traded. I guess you came away confident he will be our QB going into next year?

I hope to hell your right! :salute:

slim
03-23-2009, 11:52 PM
That question is the whole point! Are some players just to valuable to be traded or is everyone tradable?

What difference does it make?

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Who cares what they have to say?

And you apparently didn't hear Deon Sanders' take. "Man up. You haven't done nothing in this league yet."

The same Dion Sanders that just about everyone around here calls a joke? The same guy who was always on T.O. side?

GEM
03-23-2009, 11:55 PM

After this debacle, Cutler may have forced that hand. McDoogie is saying to Jay, to the media and just about anyone who will listen that Jay is our guy....if Jay doesn't want to be our guy, what would you like McDoogie to do? Unless Jay makes a phone call after seeing the interview, this is now on him. It's in his court. I'm guessing he won't call or text McDoogie, I'm guessing he or his agent will contact the media...that's his MO.

fcspikeit
Are you really going to dispute that Cutler talked to the press before talking with his coaches/organization? Surely, you aren't going to argue that.

Did I say that? again please read the post before posting. It will help you better keep up..

Jr implied Brady was never in trade talks because he didn't go to the media.. :coffee:

ChampWJ
NE cranks them out like mikey did RB's none of them heralded at all..

you do not think we can find a system QB for this scheme? NE got them in later rounds IIRC..

Isn't it a bit naive to think we will have the same type of success in the draft or with QB's? I mean, all we got from New England was their Offensive Coordinator, he didn't bring the front office with him. I'm sure Cleveland and the Jets felt pretty strongly that Crennel or Mangini would bring the same type of success with them from NE.

I do think we could find another QB to run the scheme. I like McDaniels' track record, but there's no guarantee he won't miss on one or two in the meantime and if that's the case, he might not have a job. Then we're left with nothing. I just see no point in trying to do that when we already have a more than capable guy in house.

NightTrainLayne
03-23-2009, 11:56 PM

You are a perfect example of why Cutler isn't talking to McD. It doesn't matter what McD says, you have your mind made up that he intends to trade Cutler, and nothing he says will satisfy you.

If Cutler has the mind-set that you do, he may as well hold-out and see where that path leads.

I watched the interview, and it was consistent with EVERY SINGLE PUBLIC STATEMENT THAT THE TEAM HAS MADE OVER THE PAST 2.5 WEEKS. They do not intend to trade Cutler, he is our QB, and they expect him to play for us.

Somehow you refuse to recognize this fact. If Jay is as stubborn and bull-headed as well, then I'll get some popcorn to watch the fire-works, but that's on Jay, not the Broncos Org.

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 11:57 PM
After this debacle, Cutler may have forced that hand. McDoogie is saying to Jay, to the media and just about anyone who will listen that Jay is our guy....if Jay doesn't want to be our guy, what would you like McDoogie to do? Unless Jay makes a phone call after seeing the interview, this is now on him. It's in his court. I'm guessing he won't call or text McDoogie, I'm guessing he or his agent will contact the media...that's his MO.

i want him to find a delorian and go back in time.

GEM
03-23-2009, 11:57 PM
The same Dion Sanders that just about everyone around here calls a joke? The same guy who was always on T.O. side?

That's every reporter out there. The same Chris Mortenson who got in a pissing match with Adam Shefter over Shanny going to KC. You can lump it all together or you can take individual report for what it is. Either way it's media that is paid to create a frenzy to create a market for their product.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 11:58 PM
LOL...you have nothing to back up anything you have said...fyi.

And what exactly have I said that I can't back up?

All I have been saying is that McDaniels could still trade Cutler.. You didn't come away thinking the same thing after watching him supposedly say he wasn't going to trade Cutler? Come to think of it, did he even say that? :confused:

NightTrainLayne
03-24-2009, 12:00 AM

That should be a wake-up call. The guy who's always on TO's side at the expense of TO's teams and team-mates is telling Jay to man up and get back to the team.

slim
03-24-2009, 12:00 AM

All I have been saying is that McDaniels could still trade Cutler.. You didn't come away thinking the same thing after watching him supposedly say he wasn't going to trade Cutler? Come to think of it, did he even say that? :confused:

OK, so ******* what? Of course he can still trade Cutler. He is the HC and is steering the ship. Executives are faced with decisions...some tougher than others. But decisions have to be made.

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:01 AM

He is saying at this point he has no plans on trading Cutler, that very well could change if Cutler doesn't give it a shot to reconcile. Of course that is going to be on the table. I don't think that Cutler is giving him much of a choice.

He doesn't even know what Cutler wants. From all reports, the Broncos came out of the conference call and the meeting with a completely different story than Cutler. Until we get filled in on what really happened, both parties are just as guilty as the other.

ChampWJ
03-24-2009, 12:05 AM

Who gives a **** what was said to whom? These are grown men we are talking about. Get over it and move the **** on. Why is that so hard to understand.

McD tried to trade Jay...so ******* what? It's not like he slipped him a pill and took his ass hyman. Jesus H Christ...you make it sound like McD violated Jay in every way possible, took pictures, showed them to the rest of the team and then they all had a good laugh while Jay cried in the corner.

What a freaking joke...

What is a "freaking joke" is bashing the guy for his posts. :2thumbsdown:

weazel
well if he truly does want to keep Cutler, I hope they can get things sorted out. I also hope Jay can make better decisions on the field. If he learns that sometimes he just has to throw the ball in the stands he will be pretty dangerous.

EMB6903
Mcdaniels saying "cutler is our QB and we arent looking to trade him" to the media means nothing.

slim
03-24-2009, 12:06 AM
What is a "freaking joke" is bashing the guy for his posts. :2thumbsdown:

If you have a problem, then report it.

NightTrainLayne
03-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Mcdaniels saying "cutler is our QB and we arent looking to trade him" to the media means nothing.

Cutler saying "I play for my team-mates, and I want to play for the Broncos" to the media means nothing.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 12:07 AM
OK, he was wronged....now what?

Get the eff over it and live up to the contract that you signed.

I'm in Jay's corner, I like the guy and think we will be worse off if he isn't here, but this is getting beyond ridiculous.

Well some don't agree he was wronged. I think we both know if McDaniels was telling Cutler he wronged him this would have been over a long time ago..

The thing is GEM, this doesn't go away if Cutler gets traded. If McDaniels doesn't value the talent on his team and deems everyone expendable for the right price, no one we will ever have will ever feel they have done enough to have earned a commitment from the team.

How would you like to go to work knowing no matter how much you do, you could be dealt at any time?

I am not even saying Cutler has done enough to be marked as untradable if there is a team out there that feels he has and they are willing to offer him that security why wouldn't he want to play for that team instead?

Beyond that, Cutler has already said he will play for the Broncos if he is still on the roster when mini camp opens up. So why are they still leaving the possibility open he could be traded? Isn't that what they wanted to hear?
that is assuming the only reason they would trade him is if he didn't want to play here..

slim
03-24-2009, 12:08 AM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/jefslo_24/avatar_1500.gif

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Cutler saying "I play for my team-mates, and I want to play for the Broncos" to the media means nothing.

Cutler has proven to me he plays for his teammates

What other Quarterback is 25 yards down field as a lead blocker?

Cutler doesnt need to tell me he plays for his teammates he has already shown it

Unlike Mcdaniels who has proven squat...the 3 months Mcdaniels has been here hes already been caught in a lie.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 12:12 AM

That's fine, some players might agree with that and some wont. But you can bet most would rather play for the teams who don't believe that.

Also, if it is just a business players should be excused for demanding more money if they can get it..We can't expect a player to commit to a team and not also expect that team to commit to the player..Teams cut players all the time so they don't have to live up to their end of the contract. So how is that right?

In Harrison's case he was about to hit the gravy end of his contract and that's why the Colts cut him.. Shouldn't they be expected to own up to the contact they signed?

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 12:14 AM
NO I do not..

I see a bunch of hysterical fans, reporters and jay/agent going nuts about nothing..

If the moron comes to camp and plays half as hard as he whines he will be welcomed with open arms..

If he does not then he is trade able and frankly if we got two firsts and a player out of the deal I would still trade him..

let it rest..

So your not saying he could still be traded for the right offer? :confused:

slim
03-24-2009, 12:17 AM

Dude...you are this close.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 12:20 AM

What a freaking joke...

I haven't one time in this thread said McDaniels shouldn't have tried to trade Cutler.

Why can't you except the fact Cutler wasn't getting the wrong impression in the meetings? We all got the same impression he got after listening to McDaniels speak. Cutler could still be traded. That is what he has been saying and what he has a problem with.

You might disagree with him having a problem with that but either way, McDaniels has not convinced anyone Cutler is not going to be traded. So the fact Cutler wasn't convinced is not on Cutler...

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 12:24 AM
What difference does it make?

It makes all the difference. If anyone can be traded then Cutler should have no problem being involved in trade talks.. If some players are to valuable to trade then the question is whether or not Cutler is that valuable..

ChampWJ
03-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Dude...you are this close.

Guess he didn't get the memo that you don't want to piss off the wrong person on a web forum, or else. :laugh::laugh:

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Well some don't agree he was wronged. I think we both know if McDaniels was telling Cutler he wronged him this would have been over a long time ago..

The thing is GEM, this doesn't go away if Cutler gets traded. If McDaniels doesn't value the talent on his team and deems everyone expendable for the right price, no one we will ever have will ever feel they have done enough to have earned a commitment from the team.

How would you like to go to work knowing no matter how much you do, you could be dealt at any time?

I am not even saying Cutler has done enough to be marked as untradable if there is a team out there that feels he has and they are willing to offer him that security why wouldn't he want to play for that team instead?

Beyond that, Cutler has already said he will play for the Broncos if he is still on the roster when mini camp opens up. So why are they still leaving the possibility open he could be traded? Isn't that what they wanted to hear?
that is assuming the only reason they would trade him is if he didn't want to play here..

I don't get paid millions of dollars for a 4 year contract with the knowledge that no matter where I go there will be another multi million multi million dollar deal. You can't compare us to them. There is no comparison.

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:27 AM
That's fine, some players might agree with that and some wont. But you can bet most would rather play for the teams who don't believe that.

Also, if it is just a business players should be excused for demanding more money if they can get it..We can't expect a player to commit to a team and not also expect that team to commit to the player..Teams cut players all the time so they don't have to live up to their end of the contract. So how is that right?

In Harrison's case he was about to hit the gravy end of his contract and that's why the Colts cut him.. Shouldn't they be expected to own up to the contact they signed?

Neither side lives up to the contracts they sign. So what?

The Colts cut Harrison because he didn't come back from the injury he suffered in the Den/Indy game from the season previous to this one. ;)

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:30 AM

At this point, he could be traded for his poor attitude and the show he is putting on in the media. The Broncos have enough reasons to do it too.

3 years....the 3 worst records we've seen simultaneously in more than a decade.

And don't bring up the defense.....we didn't get beat 41-7 by McDaniels' Patriots by just the defense taking the night off.

ChampWJ
03-24-2009, 12:30 AM
At this point, he could be traded for his poor attitude and the show he is putting on in the media. The Broncos have enough reasons to do it too.

And don't bring up the defense.....we didn't get beat 41-7 by McDaniels' Patriots by just the defense taking the night off.

Wasn't Cutler hurt? :confused:

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 12:36 AM

Cutler hurt his throwing hand during that game, but we got out played and out coached period, Cutler played horrible along with the defense... but what about giving up 33 points to a horrible KC offense, or 30 to a horrible Oakland **offense** (at home) blowing a 13 point lead and giving up an overall 30 points to a mediocre Bills offense

you pick the 1 game the Broncos only scored in single digits during the entire year.....

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Wasn't Cutler hurt? :confused:

Was he hurt in the Oakland game? How about the Carolina game? And the San Diego game?

Don't act like it was 1 game. :yardog:

Leaders don't go out with 3 games left in the season with everything on the line and not have the game of their lives. Losing by 31 points means the offense wasn't putting points on the boards. Throwing an interception in the red zone on numerous occasions doesn't do the club much good.

I really like Cutler, but I'm also a realist. The reality is Cutler hasn't done enough to make himself untouchable.

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Cutler hurt his throwing hand during that game, but we got out played and out coached period, Cutler played horrible along with the defense... but what about giving up 33 points to a horrible KC offense, or 30 to a horrible Oakland **offense** (at home) blowing a 13 point lead and giving up an overall 30 points to a mediocre Bills offense

you pick the 1 game the Broncos only scored in single digits during the entire year.....

The point of the game isn't to get to double digits...it's to get more points than your opponent.

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Was he hurt in the Oakland game? How about the Caroline game? And the San Diego game?

Don't act like it was 1 game. :yardog:

Leaders don't go out with 3 games left in the season with everything on the line and not have the game of their lives. Losing by 31 points means the offense wasn't putting points on the boards. Throwing an interception in the red zone on numerous occasions doesn't do the club much good.

I really like Cutler, but I'm also a realist. The reality is Cutler hasn't done enough to make himself untouchable.

Cutler isnt a leader because the Broncos lost the last 3 games?

Im sorry but thats ridiculous knowing that this defense gave up 112 points in the last 3 weeks......

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 12:45 AM
The point of the game isn't to get to double digits...it's to get more points than your opponent.

hard to do that when your defense is giving up 30+ points on a consecutive basis....look at Mannings,Bradys, Montanas,Elways, favres game log.... every single one are way below 500 when their defense gives up 30+ points, people think Cutler is a superstar already... hes not, the Kids only a 3rd year player whos 25 years old whos going to continue to make mistakes.... expecting him to win 10+ games with that kinda defense is insane along with 5 rb's going on IR is insane

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Cutler isnt a leader because the Broncos lost the last 3 games?

Im sorry but thats ridiculous knowing that this defense gave up 112 points in the last 3 weeks......

He isn't a leader because he sits by himself on the sideline between plays, but that's not the topic of the thread.

My point that you failed to get is that Jay Cutler hasn't done enough in 3 seasons to put himself on the Untouchable list.

Like I said before...I like Jay, I KNOW that we will suffer if he goes....but do we let him hold the franchise hostage because he's throwing a temper tantrum? Do you make that one player bigger than an organization that has been around longer than he's been alive? Is ANY one player worth that?

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 12:54 AM
He isn't a leader because he sits by himself on the sideline between plays, but that's not the topic of the thread.

My point that you failed to get is that Jay Cutler hasn't done enough in 3 seasons to put himself on the Untouchable list. Like I said before...I like Jay, I KNOW that we will suffer if he goes....but do we let him hold the franchise hostage because he's throwing a temper tantrum? Do you make that one player bigger than an organization that has been around longer than he's been alive? Is ANY one player worth that?

I think so.... because I know if he leaves it will definately make this team worse... Im not one to judge how a player acts OFF the field... esspecially in the off season

I know how Cutler acts when hes on the field.... definately a leader who will go to battle every single down...

you guys are living in a dream world if you think we will get equal talent in return for Jay Cutler

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:59 AM
I think so.... because I know if he leaves it will definately make this team worse... Im not one to judge how a player acts OFF the field... esspecially in the off season

I know how Cutler acts when hes on the field.... definately a leader who will go to battle every single down...

you guys are living in a dream world if you think we will get equal talent in return for Jay Cutler

You think so and a lot of other posters around here think so....but the guy that makes the decisions obviously did not think so.

No, we wouldn't get a QB of his caliber. But we could get another position of his caliber and wait out for that QB that could fill the "system' qb moniker that has become successful in this league. That's the nice thing about the offseason...we all can sit here and discuss all this crap. At least it's not a long dull offseason like usual. Though this drama is driving me crazy.

Hell, a week ago, I was on the Cutler side of this....but the longer it has played out the more tired I am becoming of the antics. Just solve the damn problem, or do what you need to do to correct the problem.

Shazam!
03-24-2009, 01:04 AM
I think so.... because I know if he leaves it will definately make this team worse...

Cutler to Cleveland.
Anderson to the NYJ.
The NYJ #17 to Denver.
Cleveland 2nd Round to Denver.
Quinn, a 1st and a 2nd to the Broncos.

I want Cutler to stay but if we can't keep him this'd work. Quinn would be ready on Day 1, familiar with the Offense. He may not be as talented but he's a quality QB IMO.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Jay Cutler was mean for not texting back Josh McDaniels.

GEM
03-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Cutler to Cleveland.
Anderson to the NYJ.
The NYJ #17 to Denver.

I want Cutler to stay but if we can't keep him this'd work. Quinn would be ready on Day 1, familiar with the Offense. He may not be as talented but he's a quality QB IMO.

Anderson for #17 1st rounder....blech!

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 01:09 AM
You think so and a lot of other posters around here think so....but the guy that makes the decisions obviously did not think so.

No, we wouldn't get a QB of his caliber. But we could get another position of his caliber and wait out for that QB that could fill the "system' qb moniker that has become successful in this league. That's the nice thing about the offseason...we all can sit here and discuss all this crap. At least it's not a long dull offseason like usual. Though this drama is driving me crazy.

Hell, a week ago, I was on the Cutler side of this....but the longer it has played out the more tired I am becoming of the antics. Just solve the damn problem, or do what you need to do to correct the problem.

Im with you, I was with Cutler until recently.... Im now getting tired of his act but knowing how hard it was to replace Elway with a QB that other teams game played around is why I want to keep Cutler regardless of his demands...He said he will attend all mandatory practices, and hes still on contract another 2-3 years.... things have to settle by then i would hope

It does amaze me how a lot of Broncos fans are acting over this situation.... 2 months of "whining" changes somebodys opinion of a player over the 3 1/2 years hes been here.... Its amazing how many people hopped off the Cutler bandwagon over how he "acted" during the off season other then how he performed on the field.

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Cutler to Cleveland.
Anderson to the NYJ.
The NYJ #17 to Denver.

cleveland giving up both of their QB's?

I dont see it

Requiem / The Dagda
03-24-2009, 01:12 AM
What kind of trade is that?

Shazam!
03-24-2009, 01:12 AM
What kind of trade is that?

One that benefits all involved and solves all the team's problems.

Anderson is a competent Starter and had a decent 2007. The NYJ are desperate for a Starter with experience and Ryan knows him well as he was Drafted by B'more (and played well against them). Denver gets a QB and plenty of compensation for the loss, Cleveland gets a Pro Bowl QB and the NYJ get a Starter. Everyone wins.

I REPEAT- I want Cutler to stay though.

GEM
03-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Im with you, I was with Cutler until recently.... Im now getting tired of his act but knowing how hard it was to replace Elway with a QB that other teams game played around is why I want to keep Cutler regardless of his demands...He said he will attend all mandatory practices, and hes still on contract another 2-3 years.... things have to settle by then i would hope

It does amaze me how a lot of Broncos fans are acting over this situation.... 2 months of "whining" changes somebodys opinion of a player over the 3 1/2 years hes been here.... Its amazing how many people hopped off the Cutler bandwagon over how he "acted" during the off season other then how he performed on the field.

I'll support him completely if he stays a Bronco. I just don't like that our guys are on the back burner to a lot of media bs. They got better things to do.....like try to do something about the pathetic D. :lol:

I know for me...I hopped off because I just don't believe the kid. I think he's spoiled rotten (like most every athlete on the professional level) and he's been coddled since he was a youngen. I think he forgot to leave that behavior back in Santa Claus, IN. Your feelings got hurt...big whoop. Get the hell over it and grow a pair.

GEM
03-24-2009, 01:15 AM
One that benefits all involved and solves all the team's problems.

Anderson is a competent Starter and had a decent 2007. The NYJ are desperate for a Starter with experience and Ryan knows him well as he was Drafted by B'more. Denver gets a QB and plenty of compensation for the loss, Cleveland gets a Pro Bowl QB and the NYJ get a Starter. Everyone wins.

I REPEAT- I want Cutler to stay though.

The Jets aren't entering into a Cutler trade unless they get Cutler. I don't see them giving up a mid #1 pick for the likes of Anderson.

DenBronx
03-24-2009, 01:15 AM
I'll support him completely if he stays a Bronco. I just don't like that our guys are on the back burner to a lot of media bs. They got better things to do.....like try to do something about the pathetic D. :lol:

I know for me...I hopped off because I just don't believe the kid. I think he's spoiled rotten (like most every athlete on the professional level) and he's been coddled since he was a youngen. I think he forgot to leave that behavior back in Santa Claus, IN. Your feelings got hurt...big whoop. Get the hell over it and grow a pair.

damn gem, you sound like you could use a drink or two.

GEM
03-24-2009, 01:16 AM
damn gem, you sound like you could use a drink or two.

I'm in a crappy mood. ;) No alcohol in the house to deal with said crappy mood. :yardog:

DenBronx
03-24-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm in a crappy mood. ;) No alcohol in the house to deal with said crappy mood. :yardog:

it might not be alcohol you need. :D

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 01:19 AM

Ill believe somebody whos been with this team 3 1/2 years thats proven himself somewhat over a coach who has turned this franchise into a complete mess being here 3 months

There was no problem with Cutler until Mcdaniels was the coach

DenBronx
03-24-2009, 01:20 AM
all i know is draft day is going to be nerve racking.

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 01:21 AM
for the record, I think Brady, peyton, Carson Palmer, even Romo would feel disrespected if they knew they were on the block

People say "anybody is trabable" which is complete BS

you dont trade away your Franchise QB, it was a rookie move by mcdaniels, he should now be the bigger man and fess up and admit he made a mistake so we can all move on

All Cutler wants is a little respect is that too much to ask for?

Shazam!
03-24-2009, 01:21 AM
The Jets aren't entering into a Cutler trade unless they get Cutler. I don't see them giving up a mid #1 pick for the likes of Anderson.

I doubt Mangini would help the NYJ get a Pro Bowl QB when he wants one too! Anderson is not Cutler but he has plenty of experience, is young, knows the Coach and is worth a first pick or at least a second. Starters don't grow on trees, the NYJ need one badly and this would benefit all involved. Cleveland needs a fresh start at QB and they haven't had a good one since Kosar. The Jets don't have enough to seriously go after Cutler even in a 3 team deal. If it was to go down (Cutler to the NYJ) I'd be not just shocked but disappointed because I'd wager Denver wouldn't get the proper compensation for the loss and they'd get raped.

Whatever. Cutler is staying anyway. The longer this garbage goes on the more I think he'll stay in Denver.

for the record, I think Brady, peyton, Carson Palmer, even Romo would feel disrespected if they knew they were on the block...

Yeah, Carson Plamer is untradeable... Huh?? You gotta be kidding. If I were him I'd be PRAYING for a trade. They'd do him a service by dealing him to Cleveland or NYJ.

DenBronx
03-24-2009, 01:22 AM
actually romo has been in a couple trade rumors involving cutler already.

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 01:23 AM
all i know is draft day is going to be nerve racking.

I cannot wait until the draft....

We are all getting bored making up rumors, taking sides (including the media) March 15 to the draft= Most boring time in football.

EMB6903
03-24-2009, 01:24 AM
actually romo has been in a couple trade rumors involving cutler already.

Im talking about actual discussions... not media assumptions

DenBronx
03-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Im talking about actual discussions... not media assumptions

i hear you but its been reported 10 teams. i wonder if there were 1 or 2 shockers in their like the cowboys or bengals.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 05:21 AM
You are a perfect example of why Cutler isn't talking to McD. It doesn't matter what McD says, you have your mind made up that he intends to trade Cutler, and nothing he says will satisfy you.

If Cutler has the mind-set that you do, he may as well hold-out and see where that path leads.

I watched the interview, and it was consistent with EVERY SINGLE PUBLIC STATEMENT THAT THE TEAM HAS MADE OVER THE PAST 2.5 WEEKS. They do not intend to trade Cutler, he is our QB, and they expect him to play for us.

Somehow you refuse to recognize this fact. If Jay is as stubborn and bull-headed as well, then I'll get some popcorn to watch the fire-works, but that's on Jay, not the Broncos Org.

I have some catching up to do as I left the computer for a bit so get ready for a string of text's :D

It's not just me, who here is saying they believe the Broncos aren't going to trade Cutler? After watching the interview are you more confident Cutler will be a Bronco next year?

Regardless how Cutler acts or what he says, he can't trade himself, he is under contract for 3 more years. So why does it still feel like there is more then a good chance he will be traded? Some of you are making it sound like I am the only one who believes he could still be traded. The only reason Cutler has said anything about getting traded is because he feels the Broncos could trade him. So if the trade possibility goes away, doesn't the problem go with it? So why can't McDaniels just say Cutler will be a Bronco next year regardless because we aren't trading him. Wouldn't all the trade talks die if he said that? Why is it known by all Cutler could still get traded if he acts out? Wouldn't that be telling Cutler what he wants to hear if he really just wants out? Should we expect him to do anything but act out if he really wants to be traded?

Kapaibro
03-24-2009, 05:36 AM
NOBODY GOT FRICKING TRADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McDaniels wasn't the one making the phone calls. How hard is that for people to comprehend.

So many act like Jay WAS traded and we are left with no one. Well that is crap.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 05:38 AM
He is saying at this point he has no plans on trading Cutler, that very well could change if Cutler doesn't give it a shot to reconcile. Of course that is going to be on the table. I don't think that Cutler is giving him much of a choice.

He doesn't even know what Cutler wants. From all reports, the Broncos came out of the conference call and the meeting with a completely different story than Cutler. Until we get filled in on what really happened, both parties are just as guilty as the other.

Fair enough, but I find it odd that Cutler has been saying all along he believes he could still be traded even after talking to McDaniels and that's what he has the biggest problem with, then we hear McDaniels speak and almost everyone of us also feel McDaniels could still trade Cutler. Yet almost no one wants to admit they understood the same thing Cutler understood after listening to Cutler.. If after the interview we all were saying, it's a done deal, I am convinced Cutler wont be traded. Isn't that what Cutler has been looking for all along?

Even if he is being a needy sissy about it. The very fact the Broncos would be telling everyone, no matter what Cutler wont be traded, would make Cutler feel wanted and thus making him happy and fixing the problem..

The way I see it is, if McDaniels doesn't trade Cutler, that will prove he wanted Cutler on the team. That alone should fix whatever trust issues Cutler had with him and in doing so should fix any and all problems with Cutler not wanting to play for the Broncos. The proof is in the pudding, either he trades him or he shows everyone he didn't want to trade him by keeping him.

Kapaibro
03-24-2009, 05:44 AM
If people would rather make shit up than listen to what McD is saying, then no one will be happy.

But hey, guess what? Jay hasn't been traded, Jay is still the QB of record for the Broncos.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 05:49 AM
I don't get paid millions of dollars for a 4 year contract with the knowledge that no matter where I go there will be another multi million multi million dollar deal. You can't compare us to them. There is no comparison.

If that truly is the case, why are any of us even offering our opinions? Beings there is no comparisons what would we know about any of it?

Wouldn't that also make the opinions of guys like Rod Woodson, Jammy Dooks, and Marshal Faulk who have made Million, much more valid then any of ours?

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Neither side lives up to the contracts they sign. So what?

The Colts cut Harrison because he didn't come back from the injury he suffered in the Den/Indy game from the season previous to this one. ;)

So what? That's cool, I was under the impression you felt the players should honer the contracts they signed.. My mistake..

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 05:59 AM

No the offense took a couple games off as well..

I am surprised at how well the Broncos front office has been able to spin this.. This whole problem with Cutler came about because McDaniels considered trading him, Now people are saying McDaniels will consider trading Cutler because of that problem..:tsk:

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 06:05 AM

My point that you failed to get is that Jay Cutler hasn't done enough in 3 seasons to put himself on the Untouchable list.

Like I said before...I like Jay, I KNOW that we will suffer if he goes....but do we let him hold the franchise hostage because he's throwing a temper tantrum? Do you make that one player bigger than an organization that has been around longer than he's been alive? Is ANY one player worth that?

I don't think it's Cutler putting himself on the unteachable list as much as it's where most of the league would put him.. Cutler pretty much just said, if you don't have me on that list that's fine. Trade me to one of the many teams who does have me on that list.

drewloc
03-24-2009, 06:10 AM
I have some catching up to do as I left the computer for a bit so get ready for a string of text's :D

It's not just me, who here is saying they believe the Broncos aren't going to trade Cutler? After watching the interview are you more confident Cutler will be a Bronco next year?

Regardless how Cutler acts or what he says, he can't trade himself, he is under contract for 3 more years. So why does it still feel like there is more then a good chance he will be traded? Some of you are making it sound like I am the only one who believes he could still be traded. The only reason Cutler has said anything about getting traded is because he feels the Broncos could trade him. So if the trade possibility goes away, doesn't the problem go with it? So why can't McDaniels just say Cutler will be a Bronco next year regardless because we aren't trading him. Wouldn't all the trade talks die if he said that? Why is it known by all Cutler could still get traded if he acts out? Wouldn't that be telling Cutler what he wants to hear if he really just wants out? Should we expect him to do anything but act out if he really wants to be traded?

I can say that I believe that McD would trade Jay if the right offer presented itself. He didn't do anything to dispell that, and I also believe he shouldn't have to.

I think the big issue that everyone is having here, is whether or not he OWES anything to Jay. Some people seem to think he owes Jay an explanation or reassurance. Others don't think he owes him anything. So where do you stand? Do you think he owes Jay an explanation? I for one don't think there is anything that can be said that is going to change anyone's mind.

As far as the contracts go that is a seperate issue. Many people have said it, but I, for one, don't care as long as the Broncos win games. I know there are some uncertainties surrounding everything, but none of us can be sure about what has or hasn't been said.

There also is some talk about draft picks not being a safe bet because there is no guarantee. This is absolutely true, we may not get as lucky with our draft picks like the Cowboys were with the Walker trade. That said though, there aren't any sure things anymore.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 06:15 AM

I don't see many system QB's winning the Superbowl is the problem.. It has and can happen but it's nice to have a long term answer at the QB position...

While I was away from the Computer, I spend 4 or 5 hours with my brother trying to tell me this was all a publicity stunt by the Broncos to get on TV. He kept saying, this can be for real, there is just no way McDaniels can be dumb enough to let Cutler out of Denver.. I have to admit, if this was all just to get everyone tuned in on the Broncos, it would be pretty clever. Everyone will be talking when Cutler meets Cassel twice a year and the people will be tuning in to see how Cutler is getting along with McDaniels..

Here's to hoping Bowlen, Cutler and McDaniels are drinking a beer while laughing and planning their next move :beer:

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 06:30 AM
If people would rather make shit up than listen to what McD is saying, then no one will be happy.

But hey, guess what? Jay hasn't been traded, Jay is still the QB of record for the Broncos.

That's right. "He is our QB" today but "who knows what the future holds?".. You don't have to read anything into that.. McDaniels doesn't even know if Cutler will be the Broncos QB in the future.. If that isn't saying Cutler wont be traded nothing will..:lol:

claymore
03-24-2009, 06:52 AM

McD hasnt said anything. He said Cutler is our QB today. Thats it, we already knew that. When I hear McD say He is our QB tomorrow and the forseeable future. I will know he has commited himself to patching things up.

fcspikeit
03-24-2009, 07:14 AM
I can say that I believe that McD would trade Jay if the right offer presented itself. He didn't do anything to dispell that, and I also believe he shouldn't have to.

I think the big issue that everyone is having here, is whether or not he OWES anything to Jay. Some people seem to think he owes Jay an explanation or reassurance. Others don't think he owes him anything. So where do you stand? Do you think he owes Jay an explanation? I for one don't think there is anything that can be said that is going to change anyone's mind.

As far as the contracts go that is a seperate issue. Many people have said it, but I, for one, don't care as long as the Broncos win games. I know there are some uncertainties surrounding everything, but none of us can be sure about what has or hasn't been said.

There also is some talk about draft picks not being a safe bet because there is no guarantee. This is absolutely true, we may not get as lucky with our draft picks like the Cowboys were with the Walker trade. That said though, there aren't any sure things anymore.

Thank you, that is what I have been saying all along. It is also what Cutler has been saying he is getting from McDaniels after their meetings. My main point was that Cutler hasn't been miss interpreting McDaniels as most everyone is getting the same understanding after listening to McDaniels as Cutler did and that is, "McDaniels could still trade Cutler".. I'm really not sure why so many are disagreeing with that? They say McDaniels made it clear he wants Cutler on the team then they go on to talk as if he could still be traded by McDaniels. So what is making them think Cutler could still be traded if it isn't coming from something McDaniels said or didn't say in the interview? :confused:

As far as where I stand... I actually think it's pretty simple. McDaniels has the power Bowlen gave him. Right or wrong doesn't really matter. It seems to be his call to make. If he doesn't see Cutler as a huge asset then he should trade him for whatever he feels will improve the team. Again, right or wrong it seems to be his call.. If he does however feel Cutler is a huge asset to this team, he should go out of his way to fix the problem and assure Cutler what ever impression he made by the trade talks wasn't the right one.. Assure Cutler he isn't going to shop him again.. Some seem to think he has already done that, but as you said. "McDaniels didn't do anything to dispell that." Instead he left us all still wondering if Cutler will be traded before the start of the season.. If we are all still wondering, wouldn't it be safe to assume Cutler is still wondering the same thing? Therefore if McDaniels was really wanting to assure Cutler he is his guy, he didn't do a vary good job of convincing anyone of that.

Now I don't like the fact McDaniels wont commit one way or the other. If he doesn't really value Cutler that much, he should just trade him for a better option or as he puts it, to improve the team. If he does value Cutler as his guy and that is what he said in the interview, he should just kill any and all trade possibility and he didn't do that. The fact he didn't do that really makes me question what he meant when he said, "he is our guy". Would you trade your guy? Is it possible he is your guy today but he might not be your guy tomorrow? Why is this future trade possibility seem so likely by everyone who heard him say "Cutler is our guy"?

Beings he isn't being clear when it come to trading Cutler in the future, it seems likely he is going to wait to let Cutler make the decision for him. Then he can just say, well we wanted to work it out but Cutler didn't want to so now we are forced to trade him. Then the fans can blame Cutler for not wanting to be a Bronco when all he wanted all along was a commitment from the Broncos that they wanted him.. Which I don't believe McDaniels made that commitment because he has left this possible future trade door wide open. Why would he leave that door open if he was afraid of Cutler stepping through it?

Den21vsBal19
03-24-2009, 08:14 AM

I am surprised at how well the Broncos front office has been able to spin this.. This whole problem with Cutler came about because McDaniels considered trading him, Now people are saying McDaniels will consider trading Cutler because of that problem..:tsk:
The Front office haven't really had to spin this..........................by going to the press, refusing to answer calls from the owner, taking his agent to 1-on-1, and requesting a trade Jay's done a pretty good job of doing their spin himself........

BroncoJoe
03-24-2009, 08:55 AM
From the local CBS Channel:

DENVER (CBS4) ―

Jay Cutler doesn't know if he'll be the Broncos quarterback in 2009, but as long as he is, he plans to show up at Dove Valley when it becomes mandatory.

I was able to communicate with Cutler Monday afternoon. He indicated to me that he still plans to be in Denver for the Broncos mini-camp in April. That's the earliest he's required to report without being in violation of his contract. So far, Cutler has skipped the Broncos voluntary workouts that began a week ago Monday.

Cutler also let me know that he saw parts of Josh McDaniels' interview with the NFL Network on Monday. In that interview, McDaniels stated several times that Cutler is his quarterback and he hopes to keep the lines of communication open to resolve their differences. When asked if he thought the situation was reparable, McDaniels said yes.

Cutler had no comment on McDaniels' interview.

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 09:14 AM
McD hasnt said anything. He said Cutler is our QB today. Thats it, we already knew that. When I hear McD say He is our QB tomorrow and the forseeable future. I will know he has commited himself to patching things up.

When a guy demands a trade, how do you know if he'll be your QB in the future?

GEM
03-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Fair enough, but I find it odd that Cutler has been saying all along he believes he could still be traded even after talking to McDaniels and that's what he has the biggest problem with, then we hear McDaniels speak and almost everyone of us also feel McDaniels could still trade Cutler. Yet almost no one wants to admit they understood the same thing Cutler understood after listening to Cutler.. If after the interview we all were saying, it's a done deal, I am convinced Cutler wont be traded. Isn't that what Cutler has been looking for all along?

Even if he is being a needy sissy about it. The very fact the Broncos would be telling everyone, no matter what Cutler wont be traded, would make Cutler feel wanted and thus making him happy and fixing the problem..

The way I see it is, if McDaniels doesn't trade Cutler, that will prove he wanted Cutler on the team. That alone should fix whatever trust issues Cutler had with him and in doing so should fix any and all problems with Cutler not wanting to play for the Broncos. The proof is in the pudding, either he trades him or he shows everyone he didn't want to trade him by keeping him.

So continue to coddle the kid....and feed the ego. The Broncos are telling everyone that Cutler won't be traded. What else does the organization need to do? They don't owe him anything but a paycheck. It's a BUSINESS, to treat it otherwise leads to teams like Detroit. No thanks.

GEM
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
So what? That's cool, I was under the impression you felt the players should honer the contracts they signed.. My mistake..

I think both sides should, but neither do. That's not a new concept.

GEM
03-24-2009, 09:25 AM

You see the front office as spinning because that is what you want to see. Since day one the front office has said we got an offer, we entertained it. The player we wanted went off the table, so Jay Cutler is off the table. We want Jay Cutler to lead our team.

How is that a spin?

GEM
03-24-2009, 09:26 AM

Clay, he's a head coach. He can't say that and mean it. If a great offer popped up, he would have to at least entertain it, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't.

claymore
03-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Clay, he's a head coach. He can't say that and mean it. If a great offer popped up, he would have to at least entertain it, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't.

Yeah I keep hearing that. But there is very few scenarios that would be worth trading Jay Cutler for. Its just ridiculous.

Listening to to trade offers for Champ, Sheff, or Marshall is one thing. Listening to offers for Clady and Royal is another thing, but listening to trade offers for what was supposed to be our QB for the next ten years is a whole other level.

Its amature hour at dove valley right now, its embarrasing, and Im pissed off that our savior coach is to inept to fix the problem he created.

MOtorboat
03-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah I keep hearing that. But there is very few scenarios that would be worth trading Jay Cutler for. Its just ridiculous.

Its not ridiculous to listen to offers. It would be ridiculous to trade him for a second round pick. But, you start talking about two first-rounders and a player...and you HAVE to start listening and weighing your options.

Obviously, thus far, they've liked nothing they've heard because Cutler is still a Bronco.

BroncoJoe
03-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Didn't Belichick come out and say an official offer never came from the Broncos?

Didn't McDaniels say nothing was ever presented to Pat Bowlen?

A lot of poo-poo about nothing, IMO. A potential trade was being considered. Nothing happened.

claymore
03-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Its not ridiculous to listen to offers. It would be ridiculous to trade him for a second round pick. But, you start talking about two first-rounders and a player...and you HAVE to start listening and weighing your options.

Obviously, thus far, they've liked nothing they've heard because Cutler is still a Bronco.Unless its 2 firsts and Drew Brees Im hanging up on that deal.

Didn't Belichick come out and say an official offer never came from the Broncos?

Didn't McDaniels say nothing was ever presented to Pat Bowlen?

A lot of poo-poo about nothing, IMO. A potential trade was being considered. Nothing happened.

Look, im not necesarrily pissed that McDaniels picked up the phone. I am pissed that he cant fix this, and he has let it get out of control. He was caught doing something. And he cant smooth it over.

A text message to our star QB isnt enough.

BroncoJoe
03-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Unless its 2 firsts and Drew Brees Im hanging up on that deal.

Look, im not necesarrily pissed that McDaniels picked up the phone. I am pissed that he cant fix this, and he has let it get out of control. He was caught doing something. And he cant smooth it over.

A text message to our star QB isnt enough.

It sounds to me like he has been trying. At least he's reaching out. Problem is, no one is responding to his efforts.

claymore
03-24-2009, 10:00 AM
It sounds to me like he has been trying. At least he's reaching out. Problem is, no one is responding to his efforts.

He needs to try harder. He needs to leverage players, something.

We have to look at the realistic scenario of starting the season without Cutler, Marshall, and scheffler, no running game and Chris Simms as our starter.

That makes me want to throw up.

Shazam!
03-24-2009, 10:04 AM
He needs to try harder.

This is the problem. Why does he have to kiss his ass? Saying 'He's the QB' isn't enough? Cutler is not John Elway. In fact, he isn't even Drew Brees either is he?

claymore
03-24-2009, 10:13 AM
This is the problem. Why does he have to kiss his ass? Saying 'He's the QB' isn't enough? Cutler is not John Elway. In fact, he isn't even Drew Brees either is he?

He said he was the QB yesterday, he wouldnt commit to today. He doesnt need to kiss his ass, just commit and apologize. No he isnt Elway or Brees. He might be better than both though. Its to Ealry to tell.

GEM
03-24-2009, 10:45 AM
He said he was the QB yesterday, he wouldnt commit to today. He doesnt need to kiss his ass, just commit and apologize. No he isnt Elway or Brees. He might be better than both though. Its to Ealry to tell.

Why does he need to apologize? He did what head coaches do...he entertained a trade offer.

claymore
03-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Why does he need to apologize? He did what head coaches do...he entertained a trade offer.

If thats all he did, than he can apologize for his lack of social skills and tell Cutler he sucks at interacting with human beings.

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
If thats all he did, than he can apologize for his lack of social skills and tell Cutler he sucks at interacting with human beings.

...and this is fact because Cook and Cutler said so. Yeah...that makes sense.

GEM
03-24-2009, 10:50 AM

In the same breath, Cutler can call McDoogie and apologize for being whiny and acting like a child with his feet firmly in the dirt. It's a 2 way street, with enough blame to be carried by both sides. This thing isn't going to resolve itself.

Rex
03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Clay can jump in front of a bus.

Solved.

claymore
03-24-2009, 10:54 AM
...and this is fact because Cook and Cutler said so. Yeah...that makes sense.Nope, I am going off his remarks to the media. He has a full blown QB controversy and his comments are less than non committal.

In the same breath, Cutler can call McDoogie and apologize for being whiny and acting like a child with his feet firmly in the dirt. It's a 2 way street, with enough blame to be carried by both sides. This thing isn't going to resolve itself.

Show me one thing Cutler has done that can be construed as whining, childish or pouting.

MOtorboat
03-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Show me one thing Cutler has done that can be construed as whining, childish or pouting.

You're kidding, right...

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Nope, I am going off his remarks to the media. He has a full blown QB controversy and his comments are less than non committal..

What the hell do you want him to say? Seriously. Write a speech that you would be satisfied hearing from the coach

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
You're kidding, right...
No im not.

What the hell do you want him to say? Seriously. Write a speech that you would be satisfied hearing from the coach

Dude I ****'ed up. Im the captain of this boat, and I took a wrong turn. Can we start over.

Thats all it would take, a little humility.

CoachChaz
03-24-2009, 11:03 AM
No im not.

Thats all it would take, a little humility.

Fair enough...but I think both sides need to say the same thing

Rex
03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey Clay...
Settle down. You are acting crazy.

sanluis
03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
I think Cutler is just using this whole flap to extend his vacation. Come spring he will be back like nothing happened.

On the bright side it sure has given us all a lot to talk about!! :lol:

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Claygirler...
Settle down. You are acting crazy.

How was your trip Cs?

turftoad
03-24-2009, 11:08 AM

Well, he told Jay that he DIDN'T TRY to trade him then later ADMITTED to him that he did.

That's two faced in my book.

We've known Jay for three years and I've never heard of him lying before. We don't know Josh from Adam.

I tend to believe Jay on this one.

Not only that but, Peter King says that McD admitted to pursuing a
trade.

Pursue: 2: to find or employ measures to obtain or accomplish : seek

DallasChief
03-24-2009, 11:09 AM
How was your trip Csbg7?

That just doesn't roll off the tongue like clay does. Can we get Tned to change your name to that?

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:10 AM
That just doesn't roll off the tongue like claygirler does. Can we get Tned to change your name to that?

Only if we can call you Dallashunny.

DallasChief
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Only if we can call you Dallashunny.

Sure, let's do it.

bcbronc
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
. So why does it still feel like there is more then a good chance he will be traded?

It doesn't sound like there is a "good" chance Cutler will be traded. but as long as Cutler's agent has given an official trade request and Jay isn't in Dove Valley, then of course there is some chance.

That's right. "He is our QB" today but "who knows what the future holds?".. You don't have to read anything into that.. McDaniels doesn't even know if Cutler will be the Broncos QB in the future.. If that isn't saying Cutler wont be traded nothing will..:lol:

It sounds like you basically want McDaniels to feed Cutler a plate of bullshit. Isn't that how this whole mess started, with Josh apparently being less than 100% honest about discussing Cassel? Now you want him to straight up lie to Cutler?

the simple fact is, every player has a price. Even Tom Brady. so for Josh to say that Jay will be our qb forever is simply not true. especially when Cutler has requested a trade and refused to meet 1on1 with McDaniels.

to a degree (and not to sound overdramatic) but I think this reaction is a bit of an indictment on our society as a whole. everyone wants black and white answers and empty promises. people are no longer willing to acccept that almost all situations are shades of grey and some things--even things you really want--just can't be guaranteed.

.. Assure Cutler he isn't going to shop him again..

the simple fact Cutler is still a Bronco should give him some assurance. If McX wanted to move Cutler, he would have been gone already. every report since Cassel became a Chief has been the Broncos are NOT accepting offers...yet. but at some point Jay will become more of a distraction than his value warrants. it's like TO (definitely not putting Jay in TOs catagory) but eventually the drama overwhelms what TO does on the field.

but as long as Jay sticks to his word and shows up to the mandatory stuff, I don't see that happening. so short of Jay or Bus blowing up some bridges (as Pacino said in Righteous Kill, "Do the unforgivable") then this whole situation will just blow over.

Listening to to trade offers for Champ, Sheff, or Marshall is one thing. Listening to offers for Clady and Royal is another thing, but listening to trade offers for what was supposed to be our QB for the next ten years is a whole other level.

Its amature hour at dove valley right now, its embarrasing, and Im pissed off that our savior coach is to inept to fix the problem he created.

honestly, I'd like our chances more with a journeyman QB with Clady and Royal than Jay without either, especially if Marshall misses any extended time. imo Cutler has creating serious questions about his mental makeup. Clady, on the other hand, looks to be on his way to being an elite LT, and we all know what an elite LT can do for an offense.

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Sure, let's do it.

Better yet Dallas.... Yeah.

Rex
03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
That just doesn't roll off the tongue like claygirler does. Can we get Tned to change your name to that?

Clay is erratic today.
He might need a pill and a nap.

weazel
03-24-2009, 11:14 AM
for all the Cutler sympathizers, McDaniels has tried to contact him many times, he even tried the easiest way possible for Cutler to at least respond. He sent him text msg's! If Cutler couldnt even take 2 seconds to say hello in a text, that proves the kid is a complete baby. Nothing is easier than returning a text msg.

sanluis
03-24-2009, 11:16 AM
With a new FO and a new coaching staff everyone on the team gets evaluated and players are brought in that the new staff know and like. It is a little arrogant of Jay to not expect he would be treated the same. This is the Belacheat way. Everyone is the same and no one comes before team. Not even superstar Jay "I have a stronger arm than Elway" Cutler.

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:18 AM
honestly, I'd like our chances more with a journeyman QB with Clady and Royal than Jay without either, especially if Marshall misses any extended time. imo Cutler has creating serious questions about his mental makeup. Clady, on the other hand, looks to be on his way to being an elite LT, and we all know what an elite LT can do for an offense.

We have already seen what Cutler can do without Royal and Clady. He was pretty good.

All this mental makeup stuff is crap. His new head coach entertained trade rumors, lied to Cutler, and then let his great personal skills take over in the meeting.

Cutler needs to take care of his career. McDaniels obvioulsy isnt. Thats not head case, thats self preservation.

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:21 AM
for all the Cutler sympathizers, McDaniels has tried to contact him many times, he even tried the easiest way possible for Cutler to at least respond. He sent him text msg's! If Cutler couldnt even take 2 seconds to say hello in a text, that proves the kid is a complete baby. Nothing is easier than returning a text msg.

So Cutler not responding to a mythical text that he may or may not received makes him a baby?

How about McDaniels being a complete bitch and not calling him like a man? Nowhere did he say he tried to call him.

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Claygirler is erratic today.
He might need a pill and a nap.

I need a friggen drink. I wish I was gay and hated sports. Life would be allot easier sometimes.

weazel
03-24-2009, 11:26 AM
So Cutler not responding to a mythical text that he may or may not received makes him a baby?

How about McDaniels being a complete bitch and not calling him like a man? Nowhere did he say he tried to call him.

I understand, claymore. But when McDaniels say's he did something, its mythical and when Cutler say's something, its truth? I don't understand that, where do you get that logic.

As for a text message, that has to be the most unprofessional way to contact someone. What did he text him? "hey homey, what's up, just chillin?"

underrated29
03-24-2009, 11:36 AM
I am not going to rest well until either:

A)- Cassel signs a longterm contract with the chefs.
B)- The draft has come and gone and we did not take a QB high, and Jay is not traded.

C)-Jay gets a longterm contract with us.
D)- Mcdaniels admits to douche baggery and conspiracy of stupid, apologizes, says jay needs to stay, he must stay, and that bellicheat and pats are donkey coks.

E)- Opening season starts and Jay is the starter.

claymore
03-24-2009, 11:44 AM
I understand, claymore. But when McDaniels say's he did something, its mythical and when Cutler say's something, its truth? I don't understand that, where do you get that logic.

As for a text message, that has to be the most unprofessional way to contact someone. What did he text him? "hey homey, what's up, just chillin?"
I threw mythical in there cause everyone wants proof on everything. Like McDaniels sought a trade everyone wants proof of that etc...

The only thing that is for certain... is that Cutler is pissed... And McDaniels isnt very good at dealing with it. Thats all I can say without a doubt.

Lonestar
03-24-2009, 11:46 AM
I threw mythical in there cause everyone wants proof on everything. Like McDaniels listened to a trade.......

The only thing that is for certain... is that Cutler is prissy... And McDaniels isnt very good at dealing with it. Thats all I can say without a doubt.

editted for accuracy

DallasChief
03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I need a friggen drink. I wish I was gay and hated sports. Life would be allot easier sometimes.

Well, you're gay and you know nothing about sports, isn't that the same thing?