PDA

View Full Version : A new possibility in the Jay-Josh debacle..

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
I had a thought the other day, I wonder if McDaniels was trying to do a favor for Belichick by showing interest in Cassel? The Pats needed to move Cassel to make room for players in FA. What better way to rush the trade along then to have another team try and get in on the action.

It seems to me the Chiefs rushed into the trade without first having a contract agreement worked out with Cassel that would have been a better deal then the 14+ Mill they are now going to have to pay him.

So maybe that's why McDaniels can say he never wanted to trade Cutler, and maybe that's why McDaniels never ran the idea of trading Cutler by Bowlen. That could also be the reason Bowlen isn't upset with McDaniels assuming of course McDaniels explained to him why he did what he did. McDaniels wouldn't want to tell Cutler this from fear he might release the info to the media..

Of course this is just another thought in a long line of possibilities but I really can see McDaniels trying to help out his former boss.

I'm not saying I believe this to be the case, but I felt it was an interesting possibility. What are your thoughts?

underrated29
03-23-2009, 05:47 PM
I dont think so, but i do like the idea and it does make one think.

Cool concept, or idea, or theory or whatever.

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Belichick leaked this shit...I know it.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Belichick leaked this shit...I know it.

The more I think about this the more it makes since.. It was said the rumor came from NE.. What better way to get Cassel off the roster and free up cap space then for Belichick to have his friend help him by showing interest in Cassel, then releasing that interest to the media so the Chiefs would believe they better get the deal done.

We know Fisher was said to have helped Shanahan out with the info on Cutler. We also know teams release faulty info about players to improve their value in trade. Like the rumor there are 10 teams interested in Cutler. It is believed to be released by the Broncos in order to improve Cutlers trade value. So I believe teams do it all the time..

We will likely never know but I would like for this to be true. If it were true, McDaniels would go from a guy who was lying to Cutler and sneaking behind Bowlens back to trade him. To a guy who was simply trying to help out a friend and former boss. If there was no real intent to trade Cutler, there would be no need to take the idea to Bowlen before hand. As McDaniels said he didn't.

It would make Belichick the bad guy, as he would be the one who asked his friend to help him out then took it to the media to further his agenda, in the proses putting his friend in a real bad spot with his now unhappy QB.

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
The more I think about this the more it makes since.. It was said the rumor came from NE.. What better way to get Cassel off the roster and free up cap space then for Belichick to have his friend help him by showing interest in Cassel, then releasing that interest to the media so the Chiefs would believe they better get the deal done.

We know Fisher was said to have helped Shanahan out with the info on Cutler. We also know teams release faulty info about players to improve their value in trade. Like the rumor there are 10 teams interested in Cutler. It is believed to be released by the Broncos in order to improve Cutlers trade value. So I believe teams do it all the time..

We will likely never know but I would like for this to be true. If it were true, McDaniels would go from a guy who was lying to Cutler and sneaking behind Bowlens back to trade him. To a guy who was simply trying to help out a friend and former boss. If there was no real intent to trade Cutler, there would be no need to take the idea to Bowlen before hand. As McDaniels said he didn't.

It would make Belichick the bad guy, as he would be the one who asked his friend to help him out then took it to the media to further his agenda, in the proses putting his friend in a real bad spot with his now unhappy QB.

See, I think its more likely that Belichick and Pioli are screwing with McDaniels...only I don't think Belichick thought it would go this well...

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 06:57 PM
mcdaniels didnt have enough time to communicate with each team involved in the trade. i bet he wishes he could go back and actually make the detriot trade happen.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
See, I think its more likely that Belichick and Pioli are screwing with McDaniels...only I don't think Belichick thought it would go this well...

Even if it were true, I still Agree with what Paige and Madden said. Your the coach, "Fix it!". IMO anything short of him being able to repair his relationship with Cutler will be a failure..

I was watching a program about the worst trades of all time a while ago and the Colts were #1 for trading Elway to the Broncos.. Elway clearly didn't want to play there but they still let a future first ballot HOFer get away. I'm not sure what they could have done? Either way, it was seen as their loss and their mistake by not being able to sell Elway on playing for them..

At this point we don't know for sure how Cutler will be considered when he retires? I know at this point Cutler has done a lot more then Elway had done when the Colts traded him to the Broncos...

If McDaniels goes on to trade Cutler and Cutler goes on to great things, this will go down as one of the worst trades of all time...

Plus I guess I fail to see the dilemma, Cutler has already said he would attend any and all mandatory workouts. Therefore, if he is on the roster he will play. If that's what the Broncos want as they say, why are we still talking about trade? Why are they saying they need to talk to Cutler one last time? He already has said he will play.. I just got a text from CBS4 saying Cutler will report to all mandatory workouts. So great, he will play... What more does McDaniels need? The 2 can build their relationship in camp..

It seems to me if Cutler really wanted to force a trade he would say he will hold out if they don't trade him. Bowlen has already said he will trade him if he isn't a happy camper.. It's pretty dumb for Cutler to say he's going to play if he really wants to be traded.. That would make the Broncos more apt to keep him wouldn't it?

At this point I don't really care who is to blame.. I just want someone to, "FIX IT!" then we can start looking forward to the draft and next season...

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Even if it were true, I still Agree with what Paige and Madden said. Your the coach, "Fix it!". IMO anything short of him being able to repair his relationship with Cutler will be a failure..

I was watching a program about the worst trades of all time a while ago and the Colts were #1 for trading Elway to the Broncos.. Elway clearly didn't want to play there but they still let a future first ballot HOFer get away. I'm not sure what they could have done? Either way, it was seen as their loss and their mistake by not being able to sell Elway on playing for them..

At this point we don't know for sure how Cutler will be considered when he retires? I know at this point Cutler has done a lot more then Elway had done when the Colts traded him to the Broncos...

If McDaniels goes on to trade Cutler and Cutler goes on to great things, this will go down as one of the worst trades of all time...

Plus I guess I fail to see the dilemma, Cutler has already said he would attend any and all mandatory workouts. Therefore, if he is on the roster he will play. If that's what the Broncos want as they say, why are we still talking about trade? Why are they saying they need to talk to Cutler one last time? He already has said he will play.. I just got a text from CBS4 saying Cutler will report to all mandatory workouts. So great, he will play... What more does McDaniels need? The 2 can build their relationship in camp..

It seems to me if Cutler really wanted to force a trade he would say he will hold out if they don't trade him. Bowlen has already said he will trade him if he isn't a happy camper.. It's pretty dumb for Cutler to say he's going to play if he really wants to be traded.. That would make the Broncos more apt to keep him wouldn't it?

First, the two situations aren't comparable at all. Elway actually had a baseball career he could have fallen back on. And don't doubt for a second that Elway would have been a great baseball player too.

Have you caught the NFL.com vid with McDaniels? He is trying to repair a relationship that shouldn't be off kilter at all, except for the childish actions of the other party.

fcspikeit
03-23-2009, 07:21 PM
First, the two situations aren't comparable at all. Elway actually had a baseball career he could have fallen back on. And don't doubt for a second that Elway would have been a great baseball player too.

Have you caught the NFL.com vid with McDaniels? He is trying to repair a relationship that shouldn't be off kilter at all, except for the childish actions of the other party.

Trying is nice but he needs to stop trying and simply fix it! No excuses. Your the coach, our last coach had no problem keeping our best player on the team.. So it can be done. Either McDaniels is capable of being a head coach or he isn't.. Having to trade our best player because you can't get along with him is an epic fail...

I'm not really sure what Elway's possible baseball career had to do with anything? The point was the Colts FO wasn't able to keep one of the best QB's of all time on their team. It is their job to get the best players to build the best team. They failed because they simply didn't do their job...