PDA

View Full Version : McGahee Wants a BIGGER PAYCHECK $$$

BORDERLINE
03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Unhappy with his contract, Broncos running back Willis McGahee recently joined a long list of NFL players who have fired agent Drew Rosenhaus according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

The Broncos recently informed Rosenhaus they would not renegotiate McGahee's contract just one season into his four-year, $9.5 million contract.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/24272/Broncos-RB-Willis-McGahee-wants-bigger-paycheck/Default.aspx

BORDERLINE
03-04-2012, 10:53 AM
He has blown away my expectations.

And if he's a asking for a couple of million more. I don't see how we cannot give that to him if he performs at the same level this year. Like He rushes for 1,200 = BONUS, He makes the pro-bowl = BONUS, wins a playoff game = BONUS.

I'm all for that

Northman
03-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Yea, as long as he isnt asking for the moon i would pay the man.

chazoe60
03-04-2012, 10:55 AM
He outperformed his contract. That's the tough part, on one hand you want to be seen as an organization that rewards guys for effort but you also don't want the reputation of pushover either.

turftoad
03-04-2012, 11:19 AM
McGahee will be 31 in October. Nuff said. I don't blame EFX for not wanting to give him big bucks and a long term contract.

capt. Jack
03-04-2012, 11:39 AM
He is old, gets hurt alot so I would not give him more $ . Use that $ on a young RB.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nomad
03-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm shocked:coffee::lol:

tomjonesrocks
03-04-2012, 11:54 AM
He's the only RB on the roster worth one dime.

Cut Moreno and give McGahee a modest raise.

Softskull
03-04-2012, 11:56 AM
You can always try to do these as incentive based. Players don't like them, but there is a motivational factor that benefits both parties.

topscribe
03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
You can always try to do these as incentive based. Players don't like them, but there is a motivational factor that benefits both parties.

IMO, all player contracts should be incentive-based, and especially for those
of McGahee's age. As Chaz mentioned, McGahee clearly outplayed his
contract, and, if he were to keep that up, it would be a shame not to reward
him accordingly. And the only way to do that would seem to be with incentives . . .

-----

broncobryce
03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't do it yet. If he performs again like he did this season, give him a little bonus. It's not like he's Victor Cruz making garbage $$ and tearing up the NFL.

Superchop 7
03-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Never renegotiate 1 year into a 4 year deal......ever.......tell him you will talk at the end of this season. (motivation)

hotcarl
03-04-2012, 12:56 PM
id love to take a gander at those cajones

turftoad
03-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Never renegotiate 1 year into a 4 year deal......ever.......tell him you will talk at the end of this season. (motivation)

Agreed.
He's old, comming off a productive season and is at the end of his career. He wants his money now. Hope we don't bite.

Chef Zambini
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Yea, as long as he isnt asking for the moon i would pay the man.
WTF is he gonna do with the moon anyway?
put it on a chain and wear it around his neck?
I am all for incentives added, along with some more coin up front !
If all he actually wants is a BIGGER PAYCHECK, then we shoulod contact the PGA and find out where they have those big paychecks printed/ fabricated.

Chef Zambini
03-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Agreed.
He's old, comming off a productive season and is at the end of his career. He wants his money now. Hope we don't bite.
how appreciative.
are you concerned about fat wallet disease?

turftoad
03-04-2012, 01:12 PM
how appreciative.
are you concerned about fat wallet disease?

Oh Zam, I do appriciate what he did last year, I do. However, with the amount we ran last year he should have had a good year. I think we could replace him though.

topscribe
03-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Oh Zam, I do appriciate what he did last year, I do. However, with the amount we ran last year he should have had a good year. I think we could replace him though.

Better consider the extreme drop-off when he was out. I believe a huge part
of the team's running success, and Tebow's running success, was the threat
of McGahee out of the backfield. Yes, they can replace McGahee, but with
another very good back, not just any back . . .

-----

Northman
03-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't do it yet. If he performs again like he did this season, give him a little bonus. It's not like he's Victor Cruz making garbage $$ and tearing up the NFL.

Lol,

Victor will get his payday. It wasnt like Victor was going to get a huge contract before he hit the field. He was basically a nobody.

Northman
03-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Better consider the extreme drop-off when he was out. I believe a huge part
of the team's running success, and Tebow's running success, was the threat
of McGahee out of the backfield. Yes, they can replace McGahee, but with
another very good back, not just any back . . .

-----

^This

We've seen all too well that even drafting a first round RB guarantees nothing. Production on the field counts and should be rewarded. Like i said, no need to overapay him but lets not be a tight stingy organiztion either. No player will want to play here if we dont want to at least reward the guys who are performing.

turftoad
03-04-2012, 01:47 PM
^This

We've seen all too well that even drafting a first round RB guarantees nothing. Production on the field counts and should be rewarded. Like i said, no need to overapay him but lets not be a tight stingy organiztion either. No player will want to play here if we dont want to at least reward the guys who are performing.

I agree North, however, he's 31 yrs old. You can't stretch to far with him. I'd rather pay the money to younger FA guys like M. Bush, The law firm, etc.. I do like Willis but he's at the end and injury prone.

DenBronx
03-04-2012, 02:00 PM
The Broncos should keep his base contract the same but include more bonuses in next years contract. Just a little something more to motivate him to get to 1200 yards again. We should also think about adding a couple of more years to the deal too. Our running game didnt look the same when he wasnt in there and you all know it.

turftoad
03-04-2012, 02:03 PM
The Broncos should keep his base contract the same but include more bonuses in next years contract. Just a little something more to motivate him to get to 1200 yards again. We should also think about adding a couple of more years to the deal too. Our running game didnt look the same when he wasnt in there and you all know it.

Add a couple more years?? He's already signed til he's 35. :tsk:

DenBronx
03-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Add a couple more years?? He's already signed til he's 35. :tsk:

Isnt he only on a 2 year contract?

Slick
03-04-2012, 02:25 PM
I could see working in some incentives, but not renegotiating more guaranteed money.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
03-04-2012, 02:46 PM
I agree North, however, he's 31 yrs old. You can't stretch to far with him. I'd rather pay the money to younger FA guys like M. Bush, The law firm, etc.. I do like Willis but he's at the end and injury prone.

toad has the right of it, folks. . .

everybody appreciateds the year willis had, but he was never going to be more than a stopgap, and that hasn't changed. . . dude is 31 years old and very injury prone. . . if they want to add more performance incentives to his deal, fine-- but he's too old to get another big contract. . . he should be very happy to have a starting job at all at his age-- don't get greedy! dude should worry about staying healthy this year and not fumbling as much. . .

if doug martin actually lasts 'til our second pick, mcgahee could find himself competing for his job this year-- he might not want to make himself too big a pain in the FO's ass before the draft. . .

dogfish
03-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Isnt he only on a 2 year contract?

nope, he's already signed for four. . .

Simple Jaded
03-04-2012, 03:28 PM
He's lucky to have his current contract. Even if he is the offensive MVP, on this offense that's not sayin much. Should be a backup.......

Simple Jaded
03-04-2012, 03:41 PM
They brought him in to compete for a starting job, he shoulda thought of that before he signed his contract.

Remember too, Denver has a long-standing policy of not re-negotiating contracts with more than 1 year left on his contract. If they made TD wait they'll have no problem making McGahee wait.......

Magnificent Seven
03-04-2012, 03:41 PM
If McGahee wants to get out from Denver, then get RB Michael Bush. End of the story!

BroncoStud
03-04-2012, 04:11 PM
He's near the end and looking for his last good payday...

I hope they don't give him much more than he's getting.

WARHORSE
03-04-2012, 05:38 PM
NO.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Willismcgahee ‏ @WillisMcGahee

I will retire a bronco #nuffsaid
Willismcgahee Willismcgahee ‏ @WillisMcGahee

“@MarkTippins: @WillisMcGahee is this about the cash? us fans (the intelligent ones) know the truth. #broncos”thanks bro

I don't understand how you can write a article about a person without confirming if it's true about him/her

I think people are feeding into me getting rid of my agent for all the wrong reason....

http://twitter.com/#!/WillisMcGahee

topscribe
03-04-2012, 06:12 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/WillisMcGahee

The plot thickens . . .

-----

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2012, 06:15 PM
He outperformed his contract. That's the tough part, on one hand you want to be seen as an organization that rewards guys for effort but you also don't want the reputation of pushover either.

No he hasn't. He has SLIGHTLY ourtperformed the first 1/4 of his contract. Did he play well? yes. Does he deserve more money? no. As good as he looked AT TIMES, his constant injuries and fumbles don't bode well for the next 3 years...especially at his age. If he busts the next 3 seasons, or even 2 of em, he made 9 mil for 2 solid seasons. So far he has only performed well duing 1 of em. Not bad pay for that if ya ask me.

sneakers
03-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Doesn't everyone want more money?

hotcarl
03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
let see those balls

BeefStew25
03-04-2012, 06:45 PM
let see those balls

Hold on. Uploading on photobucket right now.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-04-2012, 09:36 PM
After The Denver Post reported Sunday that Willis McGahee had fired his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and is unhappy with his contract, the running back took to Twitter to emphasize his desire to stay with the Broncos.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8275fb4a/article/mcgahee-fires-rosenhaus-declares-commitment-to-broncos?module=HP11_headline_stack

LTC Pain
03-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Peyton Hillis has gone through 3-4 agents because he overvalues himself and the fired agents weren't getting what Hillis wanted. McGahee is doing the same thing only compounding it by wanting a raise at the end of his prime/career. The running game may have been a bright spot for the Broncos this year but, IMHO, McGahee doesn't deserve a raise. Stats show that a RB's play will start to decline right around age 31.

Northman
03-05-2012, 10:52 AM
rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8275fb4a/article/mcgahee-fires-rosenhaus-declares-commitment-to-broncos?module=HP11_headline_stack

Love Willis. Hope they can work it out.

underrated29
03-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Fox said end of this year they are going to limit willis carries. I think the number was 150-200 they want him to get.

he is signed for 4 years, we have no need to restructure
we are going to get another back in FA or draft. We hold the cards
He is getting up there in age.

I would not give him a new deal either. He wont hit the numbers he did last year, as he will carry the ball less.

He is just fine with where he is

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Peyton Hillis has gone through 3-4 agents because he overvalues himself and the fired agents weren't getting what Hillis wanted. McGahee is doing the same thing only compounding it by wanting a raise at the end of his prime/career. The running game may have been a bright spot for the Broncos this year but, IMHO, McGahee doesn't deserve a raise. Stats show that a RB's play will start to decline right around age 31.

SIDE NOTE:
Not a McDaniel's apologist, but I wonder how the haters of the Hillis trade are feeling now. Not that we "won" the thing, but it appears that Hillis isn't quite the asset alot of folks wanted him to be...

nevcraw
03-05-2012, 08:03 PM
SIDE NOTE:
Not a McDaniel's apologist, but I wonder how the haters of the Hillis trade are feeling now. Not that we "won" the thing, but it appears that Hillis isn't quite the asset alot of folks wanted him to be...

still wish he was here... in fact I have been hoping maybe he ends up back here..

he did deserve a pay raise from his 6th round pay rate after being a man recking crew for cleveland 2 years ago.. my only knock on him is he does seem to get a hurt a lot..

getlynched47
03-05-2012, 10:06 PM
McGahee can kiss my left nut.

He signed a contract, he's bound by the terms.

1200 rushing yards and a plethora of injuries does not justify a brand new contract. Everybody and their mom knows that McGahee will not match that production in 2012.

yuhateme80
03-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Y do players want more money for "outperform there contract" but if they under perform they not offering money back to team nba has it right once u sign contract u can't redo it until contract over

MOtorboat
03-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Y do players want more money for "outperform there contract" but if they under perform they not offering money back to team nba has it right once u sign contract u can't redo it until contract over

It works both ways.

Chef Zambini
03-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Y do players want more money for "outperform there contract" but if they under perform they not offering money back to team nba has it right once u sign contract u can't redo it until contract overcontracts are guaranteed in the NBA, not so with NFL.
a guy under-performs, you cut him.
ONLY a players signing bonus is guaranteed in the NFL.

Chef Zambini
03-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Fox said end of this year they are going to limit willis carries. I think the number was 150-200 they want him to get.

he is signed for 4 years, we have no need to restructure
we are going to get another back in FA or draft. We hold the cards
He is getting up there in age.

I would not give him a new deal either. He wont hit the numbers he did last year, as he will carry the ball less.

He is just fine with where he isthen you should have no problem with them adding incentives !

yuhateme80
03-06-2012, 08:49 AM
I know nba contracts guareenteed wat I saying is a player never says I underperformed here is some money back but once he has a great season he wants more

Chef Zambini
03-06-2012, 09:32 AM
arion foster, did he deserve a new contract?
and what about TD ?
signed as a 6th rounder?
if you dont think willy mac can replicate his season from last year then what is the harm in giving him some new incentives for outstanding performance?

vandammage13
03-06-2012, 10:58 AM
McGahee had a great year and overwhelmingly surpassed my expectations...

However, I doubt he would have put up those numbers if we weren't running the Read-Option...

I know tons on here will probably disagree with me on this, but I think the fact that teams arent used to preparing for it, coupled with the need to dedicate at least one defender to be responsible for QB contain opened up a lot of running lanes for him...

I don't see McGahee putting up those kinds of numbers again, as we are supposedly scaling back on the read option and teams now have a year's worth of film on it.