PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Feel Like IF........

randyschwimmer7
03-03-2012, 08:52 PM
The team that we love and cherish turned out to be the team that has all the crap going on with it right now. How embarrassing to be a fan of the Saints???!!!!!!??!!!!

chazoe60
03-03-2012, 08:56 PM
People are making too big of a deal out of this bounty crap. You know how many team's have puckered butts right now praying that the media doesn't get wind of the skeletons in their closet? Try 32. It's just the Saints' time. It was our time during the salary cap scandal and again during Josh's mini-spygate. It'll be us again someday.

Dortoh
03-03-2012, 08:58 PM
I dont see the problem. Employee based incentives are part of the American dream/way of life. What am I missing here. Do your job get paid...work above and beyond and get more $.

What?

Pudge
03-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I think bounties should go into contact bonuses. "If you win a playoff game you get a 500k bonus, if you hit a player so hard he pissed himself you get 50k"

Krugan
03-03-2012, 09:44 PM
The problem with it, simply put, is you dont go out and with a purpose to HURT another player.

And the franchise supporting that...

Last i checked, you dont win a title for a KO, its not boxing or mma.

Dortoh
03-03-2012, 09:50 PM
The problem with it, simply put, is you dont go out and with a purpose to HURT another player.

And the franchise supporting that...

Last i checked, you dont win a title for a KO, its not boxing or mma.

Just win baby....err wait that wont fly well here ;)

ps In reallity I think its ******* sick what they did just like to be an ass :coffee: incase anyone forgot

SmilinAssasSin27
03-03-2012, 09:52 PM
i'd be more upset if my qb turned out to be a rapist.

Davii
03-03-2012, 10:01 PM
The team that we love and cherish turned out to be the team that has all the crap going on with it right now. How embarrassing to be a fan of the Saints???!!!!!!??!!!!

Been there, done that. I'm sure there was more going on under McD than the mini spygate. We all know the sting that Saints fans are feeling right now.

I don't think the Saints are worried. They'll pay their fine and move forward. Might even be good for them, almost ensures Williams won't get a head coaching opportunity soon. No doubt they were in the wrong, but they'll get through it.

Dortoh
03-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Been there, done that. I'm sure there was more going on under McD than the mini spygate. We all know the sting that Saints fans are feeling right now.

I don't think the Saints are worried. They'll pay their fine and move forward. Might even be good for them, almost ensures Williams won't get a head coaching opportunity soon. No doubt they were in the wrong, but they'll get through it.

sorry guy but no. Brees wants paid this wont help this cause. One of two things comes out of this.

#1 Brees get paid by a crippled francise and depth goes down. They fall back to bottom of NFL

or

#2 Brees moves to SF (thats right I said it)

Davii
03-03-2012, 10:26 PM
sorry guy but no. Brees wants paid this wont help this cause. One of two things comes out of this.

#1 Brees get paid by a crippled francise and depth goes down. They fall back to bottom of NFL

or

#2 Brees moves to SF (thats right I said it)

Can you please explain how they're a crippled franchise?

Brees will more than likely get paid, I don't think Benson is going to let him walk. Sure that might hurt their depth, less money to go around and all, but would that be because of this or because of Brees' performance over the last few years?

Brees was on the team for all the years in question, is it beyond fathomable to think he may have known about this? I mean, players talk, go out to dinner, etc.

In fact, they can be found most Thursday nights at Drago's in Fat City enjoying charbroiled oysters.

Drew won a championship in NOLA, runs charities, and is loved there like Elway was here. They might be 5mil apart right now, but Drew wants to play in NOLA, and the team wants to keep him.

But again, why do the two have to be linked? I don't think this bounty has anything to do with Brees' contract.

DenBronx
03-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Anyone think Dennis Allen had any of our guys tied to any bounties during our playoff run this past year? He might not have had anything to do with it in NO but theres no way he didnt know anything about it. For all we know he did and could have done something simular here in Denver that hasnt leaked out yet. Meaning, we could be stripped of draft picks too.

Dortoh
03-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Can you please explain how they're a crippled franchise?

Brees will more than likely get paid, I don't think Benson is going to let him walk. Sure that might hurt their depth, less money to go around and all, but would that be because of this or because of Brees' performance over the last few years?

Brees was on the team for all the years in question, is it beyond fathomable to think he may have known about this? I mean, players talk, go out to dinner, etc.

In fact, they can be found most Thursday nights at Drago's in Fat City enjoying charbroiled oysters.

Drew won a championship in NOLA, runs charities, and is loved there like Elway was here. They might be 5mil apart right now, but Drew wants to play in NOLA, and the team wants to keep him.

But again, why do the two have to be linked? I don't think this bounty has anything to do with Brees' contract.

You might be right but people forget all to often this is a business. I promise you if the front office/team/francise takes a hit it Will affect the teams outlay of $ in short term contacts. Drew is at the point of his career where he is either a team/home town hero or gets paid. (my guess is the man gets paid) If he gets paid this team pays for it for years to come...if he doesnt they pay for it for years to come. Either way the saints are going nowhere but down.

BORDERLINE
03-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Anyone think Dennis Allen had any of our guys tied to any bounties during our playoff run this past year? He might not have had anything to do with it in NO but theres no way he didnt know anything about it. For all we know he did and could have done something simular here in Denver that hasnt leaked out yet. Meaning, we could be stripped of draft picks too.

how bout we just keep that under raps OTAY:D

Davii
03-03-2012, 11:27 PM
You might be right but people forget all to often this is a business. I promise you if the front office/team/francise takes a hit it Will affect the teams outlay of $ in short term contacts. Drew is at the point of his career where he is either a team/home town hero or gets paid. (my guess is the man gets paid) If he gets paid this team pays for it for years to come...if he doesnt they pay for it for years to come. Either way the saints are going nowhere but down.

Well, there are other possibilities too. For instance, there's a team called the Patriots who know a little something about losing draft picks, getting fined, having one of the leagues top qb's, etc.

Certainly it would be foolish to say their success portends Saints success, but just as foolish to say this means they have nowhere to go but down.

Davii
03-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Well, there are other possibilities too. For instance, there's a team called the Patriots who know a little something about losing draft picks, getting fined, having one of the leagues top qb's, etc.

Certainly it would be foolish to say their success portends Saints success, but just as foolish to say this means they have nowhere to go but down.

Also, why must it affect contract $? Does a team fine count against the salary cap? I don't think so. Therefore I could see it affecting cash on hand, maybe a signing bonus gets smaller, but not salary restrictions.

I think the Patriots example showed that a fine isn't the end of the world. The draft pick is worse than the fine, but they'll manage. IMO

Dortoh
03-03-2012, 11:34 PM

I honestly cant argue that. Who really knows what this will all look like opening day but my personal opinon is this hurts a team "on the verge" of breaking out as elite. If it tightens the the budget of a team who needs just a few defensive pieces it changes the whole NFC.

Certainly will be fun to watch how this affects the team no doubt.

Davii
03-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I honestly cant argue that. Who really knows what this will all look like opening day but my personal opinon is this hurts a team "on the verge" of breaking out as elite. If it tightens the the budget of a team who needs just a few defensive pieces it changes the whole NFC.

Certainly will be fun to watch how this affects the team no doubt.

Well, Brees is franchised now... I guess we'll see next year...

They can still come to terms, but this does show the Saints aren't willing to let him hit the market.

Davii
03-03-2012, 11:45 PM
I just remembered that the Saints let Greg Williams walk and he is now the Rams DC. IIRC isn't Spags now the Saints DC? I think they've already gotten better! Lol

Nomad
03-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I dont see the problem. Employee based incentives are part of the American dream/way of life. What am I missing here. Do your job get paid...work above and beyond and get more $.

What?

Perhaps a bounty/incentive-based program with the BRONCOS would wake up our safeties.

Davii
03-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Perhaps a bounty/incentive-based program with the BRONCOS would wake up our safeties.

I wouldn't be surprised if our team pops up in their investigation since one of the Saints coaches during this was just our DC.

Thnikkaman
03-04-2012, 02:04 PM

Imagine working for them