PDA

View Full Version : No Tag For Prater?

WARHORSE
03-03-2012, 06:39 AM
I didnt read nor hear of the Broncos franchising Prater so Im hoping they have a deal worked out and are going to announce it soon.

If they let him get away, it will be a huge mark against EFX.

Hope they dont screw the pooch on this one.

BORDERLINE
03-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Well since the only reason we WON half of our games was because Prater kicked 75 yard field goals(it's a joke relax). I'm surprised this is even being talked about.

Prater is the F'N man and as clutch as they come. They need to PAY HIM and Pay HIM WELL so he can be here for the looooong haul.

CoachChaz
03-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I dont care...i'll never understand tagging a kicker. Just f'ing pay him. If he wants to be the highest paid...say goodbye. Simple

WARHORSE
03-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I dont care...i'll never understand tagging a kicker. Just f'ing pay him. If he wants to be the highest paid...say goodbye. Simple

Until your new kicker misses every third kick and extra points on a bad day.

If you arent going to tag anyone else and your kicker wants to be the highest paid..........then tag him so you have him at a decent rate.

I dont want to be drafting no kicker or signing someone whos not with a team cause they cant kick anyway.

The man came through....kicker or no kicker.

Pay the man.

You can always tape him to a locker later.:salute:

Ravage!!!
03-03-2012, 12:22 PM

Doesn't make sense. Why get rid of one of the bst kickers when tagging him will keep him, and paying him top 3 money? Why is that hard to understand?

BroncoStud
03-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Maybe they want to get a long-term deal done and tag someone else?

Ziggy
03-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Maybe they want to get a long-term deal done and tag someone else?

The Broncos don't have any other players worth tagging this year BroncoStud, which speaks volumes about the lack of talent overall on this team.

Ravage!!!
03-03-2012, 04:14 PM
The Broncos don't have any other players worth tagging this year BroncoStud, which speaks volumes about the lack of talent overall on this team.

Yes and no. If no one is about to go FA, there isn't a reason to use it. The FO must feel pretty confident in the ability to keep Prater without tagging. Tagging Prater makes sense to me, unless they are just hammering out the last few details of his contract.

Nomad
03-03-2012, 04:18 PM
It would make the NFL a little more interesting if they got rid of field goals all together.

WARHORSE
03-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah get rid of the kickers.......ties would become rampant . Maybe we should let the kickers have an NHL/STYLE shootout to decide ties. You would only get a center, a holder and the kicker vs your opponents three kick rushers. At the snap of the ball, they rush . You start at the ten yard line, and if you make it, your opponent goes. If he makes it, then you do it again at the 20 ydline. And continue until one kicker either misses, or he can't answer the bell because he's been laid out. I like it.

MOtorboat
03-03-2012, 05:43 PM
The Broncos haven't used the tag since Elam in the 90s.

WARHORSE
03-03-2012, 06:45 PM
I thought they tagged Tom Brady this year.....? Yeah, pretty sure I remember Doom applying the franchise tag......

UnderArmour
03-03-2012, 07:09 PM
I thought they tagged Tom Brady this year.....? Yeah, pretty sure I remember Doom applying the franchise tag......

No. That was a RFA tender.

Also, I don't even know how anyone could even question us tagging Prater. It is complete and utter incompetence on the part of Xanders/Elway if Prater is allowed to hit the open market when the franchise number for kickers is $2.6 million. You're telling me that 50+ yard clutch kicks to tie/win games for us isn't worth $2.6 million? When you tag you have a window to negotiate a long term extension anyway so it makes zero sense to not tag.

Dortoh
03-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh lord lmao

He will be back no tag needed. The cap room is there and he will be the top 5 paid kicker in the league. He gets $ and we save cash. win/win

Go back to bed nothing to see here

Jsteve01
03-03-2012, 08:52 PM

I got it war

WARHORSE
03-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I got it war

Thanks jsteveo.........I was getting worried there......heh heh

GEM
03-04-2012, 10:30 AM
They have until Tuesday to notify league of tag.

WARHORSE
03-05-2012, 01:49 AM
They have until Tuesday to notify league of tag.

Looks like theyre working overtime to get a deal done.

I figure we should hear something by tomorrow.:coffee:

Give the kid some money.

DenBronx
03-05-2012, 01:56 AM
I think we will end up giving Prater a long term deal and rightly deserved.

I doubt we tag anyone this year. Bunk would be wise to take a 4-5 year deal from us and Royal would be wise to take what ever the Broncos offer him.

sneakers
03-05-2012, 06:33 AM
How much does a kicker cost these days? A million a year?

red 19
03-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Looks like Shefters is reporting that we will franchise Prater today.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

LTC Pain
03-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Looks like Shefters is reporting that we will franchise Prater today.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Rotoworld is reporting that Prater has been franchise-tagged by the Broncos.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/228980/broncos-place-franchise-tag-on-kicker-prater

Dortoh
03-05-2012, 07:56 PM
I think we will end up giving Prater a long term deal and rightly deserved.

I doubt we tag anyone this year. Bunk would be wise to take a 4-5 year deal from us and Royal would be wise to take what ever the Broncos offer him.

Is he still on the team? who knew? I didnt know, did you know?