PDA

View Full Version : 2012 FA Quarterbacks to backup Tebow

Npba900
03-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Here is a list of veteran Free Agent QB's. Question is, out of this list who can either mentor Tebow or perhaps play well enough to win the starting job on opening day of the regular season or perhaps replace Tebow by the 9th game of the season if Tebow isn't getting the job done and not progressing/improving.

Jason Campbell (OAK)
Alex Smith (SF)
Chris Redman (ATL)
Derek Anderson (CAR)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Josh McCown (CHI)
Shaun Hill (DET)
Drew Stanton (DET)
David Garrard (FA)
Chad Pennington (FA)
Jake Delhomme (HOU)
Dan Orlovsky (IND)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Chad Henne (MIA)
JP Losman (MIA)
Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
David Carr (NYG)
Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Vince Young (PHI)
Charlie Batch (PIT)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Byron Leftwich (PIT)
Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)
Kellen Clemens (STL)
A.J. Feeley (STL)
Josh Johnson (TB)
Richard Bartel (ARZ) - Restricted
Max Hall (ARZ) - Exclusive Rights
Brian Hoyer (NE) - Restricted
Chase Daniel (NO) - Restricted

FanInAZ
03-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Where did you get this list & why in the world is Alex Smith on it? All's he did last year was get the 49ers within 2 fumbled punt returns of the SB. Seriously, all they need was someone that could field a punt & they would have been SB bound.

Of the players that I would expect to be FAs, I say Campbell is the best of all of them. However, I think he'll be given another chance to start somewhere.

P.S.: Tebow is our start, period. No one is going to beat him out in camp, period. Unless he pulls a total Kyle Orton, he's not going to be benched midseason, period. Except the reality of the situation, period.

catfish
03-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Where did you get this list & why in the world is Alex Smith on it? All's he did last year was get the 49ers within 2 fumbled punt returns of the SB. Seriously, all they need was someone that could field a punt & they would have been SB bound.

Of the players that I would expect to be FAs, I say Campbell is the best of all of them. However, I think he'll be given another chance to start somewhere.

P.S.: Tebow is our start, period. No one is going to beat him out in camp, period. Unless he pulls a total Kyle Orton, he's not going to be benched midseason, period. Except the reality of the situation, period.

Campbell won't sign here anyway, the rest of that list is pretty Vanilla

topscribe
03-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Campbell won't sign here anyway, the rest of that list is pretty Vanilla

And some of them just plain bad coffee . . .

-----

Nomad
03-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Has the BRONCOS made any moves in FA? I thought they were supposed to make big splashes. When does FA end?

MOtorboat
03-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Has the BRONCOS made any moves in FA? I thought they were supposed to make big splashes. When does FA end?

No worries. It doesn't start until March 13.

By March 20, you'll be able to panic.

Nomad
03-03-2012, 10:07 AM
No worries. It doesn't start until March 13.

By March 20, you'll be able to panic.

Thanks......my bad, I thought it started in the middle of Feb.

Chef Zambini
03-03-2012, 10:40 AM

you are dillusional. you are not alone, but dillusional, none the less.
TEBOW will have to EARN the start come regular season, even HE would tell you that, and i dont think HE would want it any other way.

Chef Zambini
03-03-2012, 10:44 AM
dixon
leftwich
gerrard
I am OK with any of those 3 as well as Mcnabb if he still wants to play.
and unless tebow makes significant improvements ANY 1 of them can take his starting job !

Chef Zambini
03-03-2012, 10:45 AM
i9n fact,
I think more than half of those guys listed would outperform timy in camp !

Northman
03-03-2012, 10:47 AM
In other words, a list of a whole lot of suckage. lol

nevcraw
03-03-2012, 01:14 PM
i9n fact,
I think more than half of those guys listed would outperform timy in camp !

not likely.. you drank too much of the brandon lloyd punch to come to that conclusion..
i would try to resign Quinn. and draft a late rounder development guy.

slim
03-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Josh Johnson, please.

FanInAZ
03-03-2012, 03:11 PM
you are dillusional. you are not alone, but dillusional, none the less.
TEBOW will have to EARN the start come regular season, even HE would tell you that, and i dont think HE would want it any other way.

QB competitions are the most distracting, and at times divisive, ordeals that teams face from time to time. No FO, coach or non-QB players of any team want to go through it unless it’s absolutely unavoidable. That's why most teams will name their starters before the start of training camp, even if their previous season was mediocre at best. It's not the way fans want their teams to do it, but it's standard operating procedure for ALL NFL teams. The only way for any QB other than TT starts for the Broncos if for him to pull a 2008 Leinart in which he does so horribly bad during his 1st 2 preseason games that Fox will have no choice but to bench in favor of a decent veteran.

broncobryce
03-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Here is a list of veteran Free Agent QB's. Question is, out of this list who can either mentor Tebow or perhaps play well enough to win the starting job on opening day of the regular season or perhaps replace Tebow by the 9th game of the season if Tebow isn't getting the job done and not progressing/improving.

Jason Campbell (OAK)
Alex Smith (SF)
Chris Redman (ATL)
Derek Anderson (CAR)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Josh McCown (CHI)
Shaun Hill (DET)
Drew Stanton (DET)
David Garrard (FA)
Chad Pennington (FA)
Jake Delhomme (HOU)
Dan Orlovsky (IND)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Chad Henne (MIA)
JP Losman (MIA)
Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
David Carr (NYG)
Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Vince Young (PHI)
Charlie Batch (PIT)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Byron Leftwich (PIT)
Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)
Kellen Clemens (STL)
A.J. Feeley (STL)
Josh Johnson (TB)
Richard Bartel (ARZ) - Restricted
Max Hall (ARZ) - Exclusive Rights
Brian Hoyer (NE) - Restricted
Chase Daniel (NO) - Restricted

I thought Tebow was going to be TE?

catfish
03-04-2012, 08:47 AM
QB competitions are the most distracting, and at times divisive, ordeals that teams face from time to time. No FO, coach or non-QB players of any team want to go through it unless it’s absolutely unavoidable. That's why most teams will name their starters before the start of training camp, even if their previous season was mediocre at best. It's not the way fans want their teams to do it, but it's standard operating procedure for ALL NFL teams. The only way for any QB other than TT starts for the Broncos if for him to pull a 2008 Leinart in which he does so horribly bad during his 1st 2 preseason games that Fox will have no choice but to bench in favor of a decent veteran.

If a FA guy comes in and wins the job does Fox lose the locker room?

Canmore
03-04-2012, 08:50 AM
dixon
leftwich
gerrard
I am OK with any of those 3 as well as Mcnabb if he still wants to play.
and unless tebow makes significant improvements ANY 1 of them can take his starting job !

McNabb is finished.

FanInAZ
03-04-2012, 09:41 PM
If a FA guy comes in and wins the job does Fox lose the locker room?

Before an FA can win the job, TT has to lose the job. If TT preseason performance is no worse than mediocre, then there is no chance that he loses his job & therefore no FA will be given a chance to win his job. I’m even willing to make a sig be on this which I will offer up in another thread that I will start.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1564934#post1564934

catfish
03-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Before an FA can win the job, TT has to lose the job. If TT preseason performance is no worse than mediocre, then there is no chance that he loses his job & therefore no FA will be given a chance to win his job. I’m even willing to make a sig be on this which I will offer up in another thread that I will start.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1564934#post1564934

I guess I was wondering if people think the locker room buys into Tebow as their QB, or if they would transition to the guy who wins out in practice with no drama...hard to tell how young guys are going to react