PDA

View Full Version : Please take a look at this.

Poet
10-16-2007, 09:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=rayofhope&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1#pagetop

All I can say is wow. It is a long read, but it is really worth it. Makes me glad that I am an organ donor.

Jody
10-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Wrote Jason, in one miniature blue notepad:

Is it possible to have a healthy fear of death? Since Adam, all but two people have passed away. It's an inevitable end. People must see death, for ignoring it is simply lying to yourself. There are two ways to look at it: 1.) people acknowledge death and live toward it. 2.) people choose to ignore death and distance themselves away from it.

Quite a moving story, thank you for sharing it.

Just loosing a close family member a little over a year ago from cancer, I can say, I found the same to be true - ignoring death allows no dignity in death or being loved completely until one's death. It's heart wrenching, but I was disheartened to see how a few of my own family members didn't want to acknowledge the death that was about to occur - and it would have helped everyone involved to be more honest about it, especially the one who had to have the courage to die.

A great article!