PDA

View Full Version : NON - Cutler Thread - Next Season

Dirk
03-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Ok, I am sooooo sick of the Cutler scenario that I thought I would just start a thread to talk about the schedule next season.

Assuming that Cutler stays and learns the system, the Defense plays above what they did last year and the other teams are status quo on how they played in 2008 and/or upgraded themselves. This is my outlook on the 2009 season....

Home Games

KC Win (Just because I think McD will have to make a statement)

Oakland Win (Woe is the Faiders)

San Diego Loss (I think SD will be good next year)

Cleveland Win (With all the changes and the loss of Winslow, they fall)

Pittsburgh Loss (Pitt's Defense is just too dang good for a new system that is being learned)

New England Loss (this could go Broncos way Mentor vs Student)

Dallas Win (I take a win on this simply because I hate Dallas) :lol:

NY Giants Loss (They pick up another reciever and get it back on track)

Away Games

KC Loss (always hard to win in Arrowhead)

Oakland Win (Again, Woe is the Faiders)

San Diego Loss (I see SD being quite good next year)

Baltimore Loss (Flacco's 2nd year could be make or break)

Cincinnati Win (This team is gonna take a while to get back on track)

Indianapolis Loss (With a new coach at the helm, we could win this one)

Philadelphia Loss (That defense always seems to play tough at home)

Washington Win (This team seems to always go up and down every year lately)

So my "guess" on our outcome next year could be: 7-9 I hope it is better, but realistically thinking, I don't think it will be. If it is, not by much.

I am not that great of a football analyst, but figured I would start a new thread that was not all about McD and Cutler. Even though they will both have a lot to do with next season, I figured I would just play around. :D

TXBRONC
03-23-2009, 08:33 AM
My preference is to wait just a bit before making a prediction. However, looking at the schedule 7-9 is real possibility given the circumstances.

CoachChaz
03-23-2009, 08:36 AM
With all the changes and new faces, I cant say that going 8-8 again would be a bad thing. With or without Cutler.

Shazam!
03-23-2009, 08:39 AM
SD will fall eventually due to injuries, free agent losses and the test of time. They've won the AFCW the last 3 seasons and too many out of the last 8, it is time for another team to pull up and take them out. Denver is closer to doing that than KC or Oakland right now, and Denver is due for a good season.

If the defense is even a middling defense, and I believe it will be with a new scheme and playing more aggressive, the Broncos can win some games that we are used to seeing them lose the last few seasons.

As for the offense (with or without Cutler) the spread that McDaniels will put in will be effective with the right QB. Brady and Cassel were nobodys before they were playing in the Patriots system, and with the right personnel can be hugely effective. I'm excited just to watch something different after seeing the same tried and true Shanahan offense for like 15 seasons. While it was effective, it also became too predictable.

People look at the schedule and see murderer's row, but teams come down over time. Like people think Cinci is a gimme game; they played much better down the stretch and are due for a good season, Cleveland too with a new coach, (I like Mangini) and teams like Indy, SD, and even the NYG are possibly due to take a step back.

I don't care what the hell is going on now, I like what I see from McDaniels. If he can bring some intangibles that the Denver Broncos have been severely lacking the last few years, like motivation, leadership (Dawkins), aggressive on defense, better in-game coaching (halftime ADJUSTMENTS), and even a new offense, the Broncos can be dangerous if the season started tomorrow. I'm not saying postseason or anything, but who knows, they will field a competitive club and it will be an exciting year in my opinion.

Dirk
03-23-2009, 08:56 AM
I agree on several accounts. With or without Cutler there will be a "new feel/look" to the Broncos and I too am ready for the change.

Of course I would LOVE to see us make the post season in McD's first year. But looking at the schedule (and again I am using last year as a guage), I only think a .500 season is in the future for next year.

I hope I am wrong and we are "balls to the walls" and just surprise the hell out of everyone!!