PDA

View Full Version : If this whole situation has taught me one thing it is this

oobehr
03-22-2009, 11:55 PM
I have learned that as fan base goes through something like a change in a long time coach, then a possible change in general manager, and then a possible change at quarterback, we seem to take sides. Half of us say Shanahan should have been kept and half say good riddance. Half of us say the Goodman's are the only reason our offense was so great but the other half say it is their fault our defense was so porous. Half of us say McDaniels is a joke for thinking cassel is the best and the other half say Cutler hasn't proven anything so we shouldn't sacrifice the franchise for him. What I have learned from this is that as time goes on players and coaches and management are always changing, but one thing should always be more important than anything....

Beating the Chargers, making Norv Turner look like an idiot, and sending Philip Rivers crying to his mommy.

bullis26
03-23-2009, 12:00 AM
if this things taught me one thing its cutler thinks hes above the team

Requiem / The Dagda
03-23-2009, 12:03 AM

Preach on Brother Bullis!

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 12:04 AM
I have learned that as fan base goes through something like a change in a long time coach, then a possible change in general manager, and then a possible change at quarterback, we seem to take sides. Half of us say Shanahan should have been kept and half say good riddance. Half of us say the Goodman's are the only reason our offense was so great but the other half say it is their fault our defense was so porous. Half of us say McDaniels is a joke for thinking cassel is the best and the other half say Cutler hasn't proven anything so we shouldn't sacrifice the franchise for him. What I have learned from this is that as time goes on players and coaches and management are always changing, but one thing should always be more important than anything....

Beating the Chargers, making Norv Turner look like an idiot, and sending Philip Rivers crying to his mommy.

Regardless of what side one is on, it is painfully obvious Philip Rivers and the Chargers will have a much easier road for the division the next few years if Cutler is traded.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Regardless of what side one is on, it is painfully obvious Philip Rivers and the Chargers will have a much easier road for the division the next few years if Cutler is traded.

Yeah, because the success of this team is totally dependent on one individual. :rolleyes:

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, because the success of this team is totally dependent on one individual. :rolleyes:

You're right, the pro-bowl quarterback means nothing to team success. :rolleyes:

bullis26
03-23-2009, 12:18 AM
You're right, the pro-bowl quarterback means nothing to team success. :rolleyes:

cutler wouldn't have been a probowl qb without his recieving corps
B.Marsh , Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley =solid
and what does the probowl mean when QB's like phillip rivers doesnt make it and cutler does.....i hate rivers but he threw more TD's, less INTS, led his team to the playoffs, higher completion %, higher QB rating..... Rivers got snubbed

Shazam!
03-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Broncos fans have been not just debating but bickering for the past few years. Those who were pissed when we got Plummer because some felt he was mediocre and wanted a new QB through the Draft (me), people who wanted Cutler to start and Plummer benched (me), people who wanted to see a change with Shanahan (me), people who say Denver was better off with Plummer (WTM), and now this...

You root for the team and want the team to go in the direction you believe will be the best move for the future. I am a Broncos fan first and a fan of players second. There may never be a player bigger than the franchise again; Elway throughout the 80's and 90's and Floyd Little in the fledgling years who put the Broncos on the map. Cutler is NOT that guy. So, if he doesn't want to be here and the differences are irrepairable, I say let Denver get a new QB and move on. The ship will not sink.

ChampWJ
03-23-2009, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE=ChampWJ;596359]You're right, the pro-bowl quarterback means nothing to team success. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

and what does the probowl mean when QB's like phillip rivers doesnt make it and cutler does.....i hate rivers but he threw more TD's, less INTS, led his team to the playoffs, higher completion %, higher QB rating..... Rivers got snubbed

This debate has been had over and over. I don't care what you think the pro bowl "means". Point is we have a young stud QB who scouts drool over and teams are lining up around the league to get their hands on.

You know what, go ahead and bring on Simms or any number of average scrub QB's and we will get to see just how much Cutler meant to our TEAM success. The ship will begin taking on water in a hurry.

D1g1tal j1m
03-23-2009, 12:46 AM
This has taught me that I root for the Broncos team and whoever is part of it. I root for Cutler, as he is still the QB of the Broncos. I root for the front office, as this has been one of the most successful franchises in the NFL since it's inception.
Can't wait for the draft to get here...

EMB6903
03-23-2009, 12:46 AM
That Pat Bowlen is horrible at handling football related matters

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 01:04 AM
that...

....i didnt know how ignorant some of the members here were until a few weeks ago.

and to think that i thought it was only the little emo kid that thought he was a god at scouting talent.

Lonestar
03-23-2009, 01:11 AM
[QUOTE=bullis26;596362]

This debate has been had over and over. I don't care what you think the pro bowl "means". Point is we have a young stud QB who scouts drool over and teams are lining up around the league to get their hands on.

You know what, go ahead and bring on Simms or any number of average scrub QB's and we will get to see just how much Cutler meant to our TEAM success. The ship will begin taking on water in a hurry.

just like alot of teams drooled over Jeff George and Ryan leaf

Shazam!
03-23-2009, 01:22 AM

"Jake Plummer will be the next Joe Montana in the NFL. I guarantee it."-Bill Walsh

EMB6903
03-23-2009, 01:34 AM

the difference is Jay Cutler has already proven that he can play in this league.

that...

....i didnt know how ignorant some of the members here were until a few weeks ago.

and to think that i thought it was only the little emo kid that thought he was a god at scouting talent.

HA!

NameUsedBefore
03-23-2009, 03:38 AM
Damn, oobehr, it only took the first post. Sorry, man.

WARHORSE
03-23-2009, 04:10 AM

Which means you were taught nothing.:coffee:

Den21vsBal19
03-23-2009, 05:15 AM
You forgot the line that kept him safe ;)

And I don't believe Rivers got snubbed, IIRC the probowlers are pretty well decided by the 3/4 point of the season, first half of the year Jay looked like he may beat Brady's records and Rivers looked like a douche............Pro Bowl selection itself is fundamentaly flawed

tomjonesrocks
03-23-2009, 11:42 AM
The one thing it has taught me is to never buy a jersey of a current player ever again. This will be the second time I've poured $230 on an authentic down the drain (Portis was the other).

I'm done with it. Retired players only from this point on for me.

claymore
03-23-2009, 11:51 AM
The one thing it has taught me is to never buy a jersey of a current player ever again. This will be the second time I've poured $230 on an authentic down the drain (Portis was the other).

Cutler being traded effects Bowlen more than he knows.

Zweems56
03-23-2009, 11:54 AM
...........................everyone should just shut the **** up and play football.

IMHO.

Medford Bronco
03-23-2009, 11:55 AM

That sucks man. I know how you feel

I have 2 Clinton Portis jersies and a Chris Pronger Hartford Whalers jersey.

At least the Broncos will still exist, unlike my Whalers:tsk:

MOtorboat
03-23-2009, 12:15 PM
At least the Broncos will still exist

I'm starting to wonder...

CoachChaz
03-23-2009, 12:30 PM
I've learned only one things from this mess.

I dont know all the details or have the transcripts of the meeting and phone calls, so I can even begin to find a lesson amidst the drama.

But I have learned that people who typically enjoy each others company and share a bit of a bond based on a common interest in a football team, will immediately attack and berate their fellow fans for having a difference in opinion over unknown ongoings in the front office of their team. It's sad and pathetic and it scares me that people will attack one another over something as meaningless and trivial as a f'ing game.

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
i wonder if we will retire cutlers number?

claymore
03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I've learned only one things from this mess.

I dont know all the details or have the transcripts of the meeting and phone calls, so I can even begin to find a lesson amidst the drama.

But I have learned that people who typically enjoy each others company and share a bit of a bond based on a common interest in a football team, will immediately attack and berate their fellow fans for having a difference in opinion over unknown ongoings in the front office of their team. It's sad and pathetic and it scares me that people will attack one another over something as meaningless and trivial as a f'ing game.
I havent seen any attacks for the most part, just strong difference in opinion. I did say I hope Jr is banned over this but I was somewhat kidding. :D

CoachChaz
03-23-2009, 12:38 PM
I havent seen any attacks for the most part, just strong difference in opinion. I did say I hope Jr is banned over this but I was somewhat kidding. :D

I wont say its been name calling, but still alot of condescending remarks that easily piss people off

DenBronx
03-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I wont say its been name calling, but still alot of condescending remarks that easily piss people off

you mean from both sides right?

claymore
03-23-2009, 12:50 PM

I know the Broncos are just a team that plays a game. And I dont know why I care so much, but I do. I care more about who our QB is than the president of our country. Thats wrong, It doesnt make sense, but Ive felt that way since I was 8.

The only thing that gets my goat is calling Cutler a baby. He stood up, said how he felt and asked for a trade. I just dont see it as whining. I feel he was hurt, and handled better than most young men would have.

I also understand McDaniels point of listening to offers, hed be ignorant not to. But I place all this media hype, and Cutlers demise with the organization on his shoulders. He is the boss, and this is his responsibility.

I see you point in all this too. We dont know, none of us do. My point was that I just do not like our Star QB called a baby. I dont see that at all.

turftoad
03-23-2009, 12:53 PM
This is a very, very passionate subject for us Bronco fans.

Emotions are running high on this one. We, as Bronco fans, haven't seen something this big for a long, long time.

Yeah, people are on edge over this one. No matter what side of the fence you are sitting on.

nthngd2say
03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Cutler hasn't been traded. McDaniels has been quoted multiple times that he has no interest in trading Cutler. Xanders told Bus Crook Cutler won't be traded. The ten teams that inquired about Cutler were told the Broncos aren't entertaining offers for Cutler. Cutler has said he will report to the April 17 OTA and to training camp. Cutler is going nowhere much like the majority of media reports on the topic.

CoachChaz
03-23-2009, 01:16 PM
you mean from both sides right?

Definitely.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2009, 03:40 PM

Plummer got in into the playoffs 3 times and we were on our way to a 4th. anything else to say there sparky?

claymore
03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Plummer got in into the playoffs 3 times and we were on our way to a 4th. anything else to say there sparky?

You know Plummer imploded his last year with us.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2009, 03:41 PM

Go bootleg on ebay Canada. I got 2 Cutty jerseys for $40 each and ya can't tell any difference at all between them and the real deal.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
You know Plummer imploded his last year with us.

the point was based on how the whole team means more than 1 player. So you basically just helped my point. Even w/ an "impolding" Plummer we were on our way to the playoffs.

frauschieze
03-23-2009, 03:45 PM
I've learned that apparently, if you don't agree with certain members around here, you are most certainly brain-impaired in some way. Ironically, it doesn't matter which side of the argument you fall on or even if you refuse to pick sides, you are still dumb.

CoachChaz
03-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Go bootleg on ebay Canada. I got 2 Cutty jerseys for $40 each and ya can't tell any difference at all between them and the real deal.

I got an "authentic" for my son for Christmas on e-bay. Came from China. Paid $10 plus $10 s&h. $20 total and I could put it up against anyone's and never tell the difference.

Got 2 Cutler's, 2 Marshalls and a Bailey in the past year for me and the kids and spent a grand total of maybe $250

claymore
03-23-2009, 03:49 PM
the point was based on how the whole team means more than 1 player. So you basically just helped my point. Even w/ an "impolding" Plummer we were on our way to the playoffs.

I would have to look at the remaining schedule. Plummer really sucked it up,. and I think we were just as good if not better with Cutler in.

Rex
03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
What has this taught me?

Well, it has made me realize that Clay is less mentally stable than Girler!

bullis26
03-23-2009, 05:30 PM
You forgot the line that kept him safe ;)

And I don't believe Rivers got snubbed, IIRC the probowlers are pretty well decided by the 3/4 point of the season, first half of the year Jay looked like he may beat Brady's records and Rivers looked like a douche............Pro Bowl selection itself is fundamentaly flawed

thats exactly why he got snubbed....he wouldve made it if they waited till the end of the year and cutler and favre wouldnt have (cutler possibly couldve) probowls doesnt mean the mean the player is great

Medford Bronco
03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
I've learned that apparently, if you don't agree with certain members around here, you are most certainly brain-impaired in some way. Ironically, it doesn't matter which side of the argument you fall on or even if you refuse to pick sides, you are still dumb.

or you are not a real Bronco fan:tsk:

I hate that one more than anything. No one here really knows anybody personally for the most part and to say someone is not a "real fan" from a comment on a message board is asinine

Medford Bronco
03-23-2009, 05:46 PM
"Jake Plummer will be the next Joe Montana in the NFL. I guarantee it."-Bill Walsh

:lol: that really worked out.

Sorry Bill RIP as you were one of the best coaches of all time.

We all can be 100% right on everything. Walsh was pretty damn close on
his predicting and especially his handling of the 9ers in the 80s