PDA

View Full Version : This Is Funny

TXBRONC
10-16-2007, 07:04 PM
I find it funny that in the League of Legends I'm on a three game winning streak and at the moment I'm also in the playoff picture.

In the League of Loonies I won two straight games against opponents whose rosters are clearly stronger than mine.

I still don't expect to make the playoffs but I am having some fun with both leagues. :salute:

Escobar
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Man, i never tried to join a league, i always have a weird feeling about it...

but anyways, looks like the underdog is on top.....goodluck

TXBRONC
10-16-2007, 07:26 PM

Thanks.

I had never had real interest in joining a league until this year. It's been an interesting experience.

dogfish
10-17-2007, 03:59 AM
I find it funny that in the League of Legends I'm on a three game winning streak and at the moment I'm also in the playoff picture.

In the League of Loonies I won two straight games against opponents whose rosters are clearly stronger than mine.

I still don't expect to make the playoffs but I am having some fun with both leagues. :salute:

says the guy who posted a thread a few weeks ago about how he didn't expect to win a game all year. . . .

:eyebrows: :heh:

told you it wasn't that tough. . . . be careful, though-- FF can be addictive! :eek:

i'm glad you're enjoying it. . .

TXBRONC
10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
says the guy who posted a thread a few weeks ago about how he didn't expect to win a game all year. . . .

:eyebrows: :heh:

told you it wasn't that tough. . . . be careful, though-- FF can be addictive! :eek:

i'm glad you're enjoying it. . .

After the first couple of weeks were I got my head handed to me I was wondering. Honestly I still didn't expect to have winning record with either league.

Also I can't say I'm looking forward to a beat down by your number one ranked team in the League of Legends. :eek:

underrated29
10-17-2007, 01:13 PM
dog is right, it becomse very addictive. Very.

i am happy to reprt that in my league i am in 2nd place, despite having the hardest schedule each week. And my only loss came during the week were steve smith andre johnson tony romo and some rb (cant remember who they have) went off for a league high score of like 3-5tds each.

The best way to do it is in a pay league though. That way every little move counts, and add drops and stuff cost money as well so there is a lot of strategy. It much better then just oh ill start this guy and then go to the play with my girl.

You are glued to the tv all day- or maybe im a loser.
its still fun.

TXBRONC
10-17-2007, 09:34 PM
dog is right, it becomse very addictive. Very.

i am happy to reprt that in my league i am in 2nd place, despite having the hardest schedule each week. And my only loss came during the week were steve smith andre johnson tony romo and some rb (cant remember who they have) went off for a league high score of like 3-5tds each.

The best way to do it is in a pay league though. That way every little move counts, and add drops and stuff cost money as well so there is a lot of strategy. It much better then just oh ill start this guy and then go to the play with my girl.

You are glued to the tv all day- or maybe im a loser.
its still fun.

I can't afford to spend that kind of time in pay League. I very happy with what DF has done.

omac
10-19-2007, 11:07 PM

You should try it next season. It makes following football, and not just your home team, much more fun. :beer:

dogfish
10-19-2007, 11:41 PM
You should try it next season. It makes following football, and not just your home team, much more fun. :beer:

it's great for armchair GMs-- when your favorite team seems to be making lots of dumb moves and there's nothing you can do besides gripe about it on the internet, at least you can control your fantasy team. . .

also, for most of us it'll never come close to equalling the loyalty we feel for our teams-- but it gives you someone else to root for when your real team is getting beat by san diego 41-3. . . . :ahhhhh:

:bncry:

omac
10-20-2007, 09:30 AM
it's great for armchair GMs-- when your favorite team seems to be making lots of dumb moves and there's nothing you can do besides gripe about it on the internet, at least you can control your fantasy team. . .

also, for most of us it'll never come close to equalling the loyalty we feel for our teams-- but it gives you someone else to root for when your real team is getting beat by san diego 41-3. . . . :ahhhhh:

:bncry:

Yep, it was such a joy to watch Adrian Peterson causing havoc against Chicago; lots and lots of points there. :cheers:

I've gotten to enjoy watching quite a few teams, because of the players they have on my fantasy teams.

Grabbing undrafted or waived players is also pretty fun.

dogfish
10-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Yep, it was such a joy to watch Adrian Peterson causing havoc against Chicago; lots and lots of points there. :cheers:

I've gotten to enjoy watching quite a few teams, because of the players they have on my fantasy teams.

Grabbing undrafted or waived players is also pretty fun.

yep. . . now on sundays, during the early game i sit and flip back and forth, keeping an eye on any particularly interesting game, any game in the division, and whichever game or two has the most of my fantasy guys-- thank god for sunday ticket!

:lol:

ya know what's even better than grabbing guys off the waiver wire? when someone sends you a great trade offer out of the blue. . . dude in one of my yahoo public leagues just sent me tj whosyamama, derek anderson and donovan mcnabb for brett favre and dwayne bowe-- and i've already got tom brady, so favre's just collecting dust on the bench. . .

broncosfanscott
10-21-2007, 02:12 AM
Thanks.

I had never had real interest in joining a league until this year. It's been an interesting experience.

I know what you mean. Fantasy football has never intrigued me, yet this year I finally joined a league with some friends of mine and it fun. It gives you a reason to watch some of the games just to see how your players do.

Good luck to you and hopefully one of your teams will make the playoffs.

omac
10-21-2007, 06:53 AM
yep. . . now on sundays, during the early game i sit and flip back and forth, keeping an eye on any particularly interesting game, any game in the division, and whichever game or two has the most of my fantasy guys-- thank god for sunday ticket!

:lol:

ya know what's even better than grabbing guys off the waiver wire? when someone sends you a great trade offer out of the blue. . . dude in one of my yahoo public leagues just sent me tj whosyamama, derek anderson and donovan mcnabb for brett favre and dwayne bowe-- and i've already got tom brady, so favre's just collecting dust on the bench. . .

Nice one; he must really want to have Favre. TJ's much more valuable than Bowe, specially since Palmer > Huard. :beer: