PDA

View Full Version : Who Wins? Broncos or Steelers?

RunYouOver
10-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Who Wins, and by how much?

Post, and vote, for your predictions here!

Congrats (kind of) to
Jrwiz, The Dark Knight for correctly picking the Chargers to win by 14+

Weekly Winners:

Week 6: Bye

Week 5 Jrwiz, The Dark Knight

Week 4 Correct Picks: BaileyTheBest, BANJOPICKER1, BroncoManiac_69, Dream, lex, Link, Medford Bronco, Nomad B, sanluis, Slick7, The Dark Knight, TheWookieeBronco, Watchthemiddle

Week 3 Correct Picks: None

Week 2 Correct Picks: Broncosinindy

Week 1 Correct Picks: broncosinindy, dogfish, Nomad B, Slick7

underrated29
10-16-2007, 04:30 PM
jack nicholson now, or jack nicholson 1984?

...i mean steelers now, or steelers with out a runningback?

im going to go with meg ryan.

...i mean steelers by oh lets say 10.

broncos9697
10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
jack nicholson now, or jack nicholson 1984?

...i mean steelers now, or steelers with out a runningback?

im going to go with meg ryan.

...i mean steelers by oh lets say 10.

I say broncos by 13...we are going to stop the run this game ''step it up''...
and big ben he's hurting this season...

Stargazer
10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Until the Broncos can stop run it's hard to pick them to win a game. There hasn't been any improvement shown, and the defense seems to be regressing instead of improving.

Of'coarse my homer glasses say Jay Cutler tosses 4 TD's, Broncos defense produce 2 int's, and Denver holds the Pitt running attack to 47 yards on the ground while sacking Ben 6 times.:cool:

Escobar
10-16-2007, 06:45 PM
go broncos!:salute:

Cleveland Rocks
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
I hate the Steelers very, very, much.

But, I think the Steelers will win.

Escobar
10-16-2007, 06:53 PM
I hate the Steelers very, very, much.

But, I think the Steelers will win.

You never know, teams come and play hard when under the spotlight (cept falcons), its a sun night game, they have a big chance to win.

dogfish
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
ugh. . .

where's the option for steelers by 30+. . . ?

:mad: :frusty:

i really don't even want to watch this one, but of course i can't bring myself to do that. . . the steelers are so much more physical than we are that it's not even funny-- i have a baaaaaad feeling that this one is going to get ugly quick. . . . :shocked:

2- Minute Warning
10-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Broncos with one point. Hopefully. :frog:

anton...
10-16-2007, 07:35 PM
BRONCOS BY 14+!!

:werd:
________
SweetLove live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SweetLove)

broncosfanscott
10-17-2007, 02:04 AM
I hope the Broncos were useful during their bye week and come out playing because this is on national TV, so everybody is watching. Show them the Bolts game was a one time thing.

Unfortunatly I picked the Steelers to win by 5-9 points because even though our run :defense: has shown no signs of improving, I think they will play better as well as the offense..........just not enough to win.

Steelers 26 Broncos 17

Broncos, prove me wrong.........PLEASE!

sneakers
10-17-2007, 06:03 AM
Broncos by only 13 this week.

Mike
10-17-2007, 08:18 AM
This game is going to be ugly. Won't predict a score, but considering how Denver faired against a not so great SD defense...I will consider it a moral victory if the Broncos score 10 points. :sad:

Medford Bronco
10-17-2007, 08:28 AM
As much as it kills me, I will say Pitt 34 Denver 24,
Offense can score but Fast Willie and Davenport are gonna eat our defense for lunch :sad:

The Glue Factory
10-17-2007, 08:33 AM
This game is going to be ugly. Won't predict a score, but considering how Denver faired against a not so great SD defense...I will consider it a moral victory if the Broncos score 10 points. :sad:

Scoring a TD would be a good step in the right direction this week. :proud:

Retired_Member_001
10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm just going to be straight forward:

Pittsburgh have the best defense in the NFL (9.4avg points allowed per game, best in the NFL). Tomlin is a defensive mastermind.

Broncos offensive line sucks.

Willie Parker makes big runs and dodges out of tackles.

Broncos tackling sucks.

Enough said.

broncosfanscott
10-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Scoring a TD would be a good step in the right direction this week. :proud:

Instead of kicking a FG.

TXBRONC
10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Well I going to stay hopeful. 24-17 Denver.

East Coast Fan
10-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I think that this is going to be another painful game to watch, even though we have a very good record (14-4?) coming off of a bye week. I expect us to come out with at least SOME more emotion than last week, but I think the Squealers will be just too much for us in the end. I hope that I have to eat those words, but I just don't see us winning. The Broncos have my permission if they want to use this on their bulletin board to get them FIRED UP-LET'S GO!!!! :mad: :cheer2:

Uncle Buck
10-17-2007, 10:15 PM
I didn't vote, because I don't know anymore (Rebecca is not helping me out on this one).

I don't know who the Broncos are anymore. Does anyone?

They may come out of the Bye week hot.

They just might come out of the bye as the same team they entered into it.

Should the latter be the case, I don't see any evidence that shows they could beat the Steelers.

So, will this bye week produce a two-week miracle?

I don't know, and Rebecca is not speaking.

Lonestar
10-17-2007, 10:46 PM
ugh. . .

where's the option for steelers by 30+. . . ?

:mad: :frusty:

i really don't even want to watch this one, but of course i can't bring myself to do that. . . the steelers are so much more physical than we are that it's not even funny-- i have a baaaaaad feeling that this one is going to get ugly quick. . . . :shocked:

Yep I think your right on this one. Home field advantage goes to PIT.

Pit by 13 mainly cause we can't score inside the redzone.

Lonestar
10-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I think that this is going to be another painful game to watch, even though we have a very good record (14-4?) coming off of a bye week. I expect us to come out with at least SOME more emotion than last week, but I think the Squealers will be just too much for us in the end. I hope that I have to eat those words, but I just don't see us winning. The Broncos have my permission if they want to use this on their bulletin board to get them FIRED UP-LET'S GO!!!! :mad: :cheer2:

Lately what has it been?

And most of those teams were good teams that can not be said about this donkey team..

Fan in Exile
10-18-2007, 08:09 AM
What all of you don't seem to understand is that I will be at this game, and we are undefeated when I've attended a game. That's right 1 and 0 Baby!!!!!

I'm not flying all the way from Wisconsin to watch us lose. You can take it to the bank Baby Bronco's by 14+ points. WooooHoooooo

Mike
10-18-2007, 08:25 AM
What all of you don't seem to understand is that I will be at this game, and we are undefeated when I've attended a game. That's right 1 and 0 Baby!!!!!

I'm not flying all the way from Wisconsin to watch us lose. You can take it to the bank Baby Bronco's by 14+ points. WooooHoooooo

Have a fun time! :salute:

Make sure to bring warm clothes though...last I heard we are expecting chilly temperatures with rain/snow.

Fan in Exile
10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Have a fun time! :salute:

Make sure to bring warm clothes though...last I heard we are expecting chilly temperatures with rain/snow.

I'm glad you said something, the last I checked the forecast it was looking good, but now it says 43 and rainy. That's okay, rain or shine win or lose, I'll still have fun.

dogfish
10-18-2007, 01:22 PM

you do realize that if we in fact happen to win this game, you're going to have to quit your job and stay in denver for the rest of the season, don't you?

BANJOPICKER1
10-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I see a wooping,on us!!I think we need more time before we start our winning!:defense:

GOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!

broncosfanscott
10-20-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm glad you said something, the last I checked the forecast it was looking good, but now it says 43 and rainy. That's okay, rain or shine win or lose, I'll still have fun.

Enjoy the game, make some noise, and leave Invesco 2-0 when attending games. :D

Fan in Exile
10-22-2007, 12:12 AM
you do realize that if we in fact happen to win this game, you're going to have to quit your job and stay in denver for the rest of the season, don't you?
I just got back from the game, and we of course won. All of you willing to pay me to go to Bronco's games so that we can win it all just let me know. It was fantastic. I'm still so stoked I'm not going to sleep.

omac
10-22-2007, 12:18 AM
I just got back from the game, and we of course won. All of you willing to pay me to go to Bronco's games so that we can win it all just let me know. It was fantastic. I'm still so stoked I'm not going to sleep.

Great job, man! I hope someone takes you up on that offer, as I'd like to see Denver with the Superbowl this season. :cheers:

TXBRONC
10-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Looking at the polling only 9 people believed we could win, so while some were closer than others in predicting the score, I think a shout out should go to everyone who believed it was possible Denver could win this game. :beer:

Dean
10-22-2007, 07:22 AM
I am happy to admit that I was wrong. It was a GREAT GAME. Until the fourth quarter the defense played the run very well. My hats off to whoever made the decision to make a change in the scheme rather than to blindly wait in the expectation that things would improve on their own.

Lonestar
10-22-2007, 11:24 AM
good adjustment for this game.

Glad I and almost everyone else was wrong.

Medford Bronco
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Looking at the polling only 9 people believed we could win, so while some were closer than others in predicting the score, I think a shout out should go to everyone who believed it was possible Denver could win this game. :beer:

I was wrong. I admit it.

this is why games are not played on "paper"

I am happy but still have some concern

The run defense is still shaky, I think Pitt did not run enough

Also still too many turnovers on offense. Cutler has to play that clean game
someday I would think

overall I give Denver a B, but we can always improve.

also I like the matchup with GB a lot better than this one. GB cant run
and hopefully Bailey is back. We have a real shot at going 4-3 and I never though that could be possible. Glad I am wrong :salute:

Grover
10-22-2007, 11:53 AM
I never go into a game predicting the Broncos to lose. There was a lot of evidence stacking up against us, but the fan in me just won't let my logical side take over.

The 41 to 3 loss to San Diego was an aberration. These guys are professionals, they are well coached, and had two weeks to prepare. I just didn't see our team on a four game losing streak and I'm glad the team agreed.

Go :defense:

TXBRONC
10-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I was wrong. I admit it.

this is why games are not played on "paper"

I am happy but still have some concern

The run defense is still shaky, I think Pitt did not run enough

Also still too many turnovers on offense. Cutler has to play that clean game
someday I would think

overall I give Denver a B, but we can always improve.

also I like the matchup with GB a lot better than this one. GB cant run
and hopefully Bailey is back. We have a real shot at going 4-3 and I never though that could be possible. Glad I am wrong :salute:

First of all Med I want you I was trying show anyone up that thought this was going to be a loss.

While I agree that the ideal situation is for Jay not to turn the ball over it's still apart of the game.

The Dark Knight
10-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Happy to be wrong!

I had to work, so I didn't get to see the game.

TXBRONC
10-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Happy to be wrong!

I had to work, so I didn't get to see the game.

If you have NFL Network it will be on NFL Replay tomorrow 8:00 pm EDT.

broncosfanscott
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
I am so glad I am wrong. They played a great game and I tip my hat to the defense and the coaches for the changes. Boy did they work. :D

Also, way to go Dumervil on his 2 sacks which now gives him 6. That is good for second in the AFC (tied for 6th in the NFL). :salute:

TXBRONC
10-23-2007, 10:00 PM
I am so glad I am wrong. They played a great game and I tip my hat to the defense and the coaches for the changes. Boy did they work. :D

Also, way to go Dumervil on his 2 sacks which now gives him 6. That is good for second in the AFC (tied for 6th in the NFL). :salute:

That and don't forget he caused that fumble that was returned to the touchdown.