PDA

View Full Version : Making the best of it.

Superchop 7
03-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Lets say I'm Pat and "not" in a drunken stupor....

My moves.

If Jeff Garcia is available, I get him, he would do "very" well behind our o-line and is a smart, solid, QB.

I tell the world that the best offer for Jay that hits my desk in the next 72 hours will get him.

With my newfound picks, I secure Aaron Curry and a stud RB. (normally I wouldn't draft RB, but, there will be great scrutiny on offensive production this year, public perception has tanked, a star RB would interest the fans)

I also draft a QB of the future, Josh Freeman. The guy is 6'6", 250, with a gun for an arm.

This gives the fan hope for the present and for the future, they have a star on defense (Curry) and offense (Moreno) and a potential star waiting in the wings at QB.

Sure, the smart move would be to draft defense, defense, defense.

But thats out the window now, it's all about damage control at this point.

Find a way to get Brace and Delmas.

That would be as good as it could get in this scenario imo.

jrelway
03-21-2009, 10:22 AM
lol. cmon now. jeff garcia? id rather have chris simms qb our team than that noodle armed guy.

UnderArmour
03-21-2009, 12:20 PM
No.

RFCUBoltz
03-21-2009, 12:23 PM
I know ,because Jammer can smash that midget again .

frauschieze
03-21-2009, 01:00 PM
If I am Pat, under no condition am I going to put a time limit on offers for Jay. That's pure stupidity. IF I am going to trade him, I want the most value possible and if I don't get at least a certain baseline price, I'm not trading at all.

DenBronx
03-21-2009, 01:39 PM
aaron curry huh? so you said the best offer in 72 hours and yet we end up with a top 2 pick. so we either need to trade only with the lions or rams?

dont get me wrong curry seems like a good nfl prospect cut dealing cutler for curry is not a good plan. and garcia is washed up.

broncohead
03-21-2009, 01:48 PM
If I am Pat, under no condition am I going to put a time limit on offers for Jay. That's pure stupidity. IF I am going to trade him, I want the most value possible and if I don't get at least a certain baseline price, I'm not trading at all.

If I am Pat I wouldn't trade Cutler. Give him 2 choices a) Sit out and be done in the NFL or b) Play through your contract.

I'm sure he'll choose option b

Lonestar
03-21-2009, 01:55 PM
If I am Pat I wouldn't trade Cutler. Give him 2 choices a) Sit out and be done in the NFL or b) Play through your contract.

I'm sure he'll choose option b

the only issue with this one is roster bonus in 2010 IIRC is 4 mil and a huge final year to his contract.. like 12 million IIRC..

Jay really only needs to sit this coming year and then will get cut.. Because of those roster bonuses and salary issues..

broncohead
03-21-2009, 01:58 PM
the only issue with this one is roster bonus in 2010 IIRC is 4 mil and a huge final year to his contract.. like 12 million IIRC..

Jay really only needs to sit this coming year and then will get cut.. Because of those roster bonuses and salary issues..

Does it count as 1 year if he sits out all next year? If he didn't play or participate?

Lonestar
03-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Does it count as 1 year if he sits out all next year? If he didn't play or participate?

I'm not sure but then of course I know if he comes back to camp/dove valley by like the 11th game he gets a year worth of seniority/credit.. He does not get paid for it or while he is out.. BWTH

broncohead
03-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure but then of course I know if he comes back to camp/dove valley by like the 11th game he gets a year worth of seniority/credit.. He does not get paid for it or while he is out.. BWTH

Also if Den doesn't cave into the trade talks he'll be back. How many players have successfully held out an entire year or till the 11th game? He may skip training camp but will be back for pre-season games.

Lonestar
03-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Also if Den doesn't cave into the trade talks he'll be back. How many players have successfully held out an entire year or till the 11th game? He may skip training camp but will be back for pre-season games.

and how many morons have bus cook as an agent?

Hell I do not know I think it has been money driven from word GO..

if he does he'll most likely not see much action as this scheme is not something he can pick up and get down with his WR in a few days..

broncohead
03-21-2009, 02:19 PM
and how many morons have bus cook as an agent?

Hell I do not know I think it has been money driven from word GO..

if he does he'll most likely not see much action as this scheme is not something he can pick up and get down with his WR in a few days..

Not saying he would come back and would start. If it's money that they are after then they won't be getting it by sitting out and if it's just hurt feelings and trust is broken then by keeping him will show they want him.

Lonestar
03-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Not saying he would come back and would start. If it's money that they are after then they won't be getting it by sitting out and if it's just hurt feelings and trust is broken then by keeping him will show they want him.

Right now unless he is traded by the draft he is ours till we want to cut him loose again next spring..

If he can get his head out of his ass and come in and talk to josh man to man.. I'm about 98% sure this will all blow over..

If he does not man up then frankly I do not want him on the team.. that speaks volumes about his between the ears factor I have been concerned about since the first time I saw him looking like greasy setting on the bench by himself..

When I saw that sideline shot I was praying he was hurt physically and it was not deja vu..

dogfish
03-21-2009, 03:26 PM
aaron curry huh? so you said the best offer in 72 hours and yet we end up with a top 2 pick. so we need to trade only with the lions or rams?

yep. . . . if they don't bite, we'll throw in clady along with cutler-- curry's that good. . . .

Denver27og
03-21-2009, 03:30 PM
JEFF GARCIA??? cmon now.. our best bet is to keep cutler..

dogfish
03-21-2009, 03:31 PM

QFT

doesn't matter how tough they talk, nobody holds out long when those $10,000 per day fines start piling up. . . even guys with NFL salaries don't want to just give away hundreds of thousands of dollars in addition to missing a year's salary. . . especially because they then wouldn't take a year off their contract. . . the absolute, positive worst jay could do is to sit out until week eleven, but there's a very good reason that it's never happened. . .

besdies which, he's already said that he's going to be here for mandatory meetings-- there hasn't been a single mention of a potential holdout. . . the team needs to stand firm on this unles somebody absolutely blows them away with an offer that will make the team better than having an exceptionally productive, tough, smart and durable young quarterback that still has tremendous unrealized potential. . .

DenBronx
03-21-2009, 03:35 PM
yep. . . . if they don't bite, we'll throw in clady along with cutler-- curry's that good. . . .

see my trade clady thread. :laugh:

Lonestar
03-21-2009, 03:46 PM
QFT

doesn't matter how tough they talk, nobody holds out long when those $10,000 per day fines start piling up. . . even guys with NFL salaries don't want to just give away hundreds of thousands of dollars in addition to missing a year's salary. . . especially because they then wouldn't take a year off their contract. . . the absolute, positive worst jay could do is to sit out until week eleven, but there's a very good reason that it's never happened. . .

besdies which, he's already said that he's going to be here for mandatory meetings-- there hasn't been a single mention of a potential holdout. . . the team needs to stand firm on this unles somebody absolutely blows them away with an offer that will make the team better than having an exceptionally productive, tough, smart and durable young quarterback that still has tremendous unrealized potential. . .

your correct of course but everyone has been thinking holdout..

and a few of us have commented EVEN though he said he will not mandatories he also said he'd be there this week for his "teammates".. and we all know how that turned out..