PDA

View Full Version : Perrish Cox trial likely will feature testimony from Demaryius Thomas

DenBronx
02-29-2012, 12:32 PM
The last high-profile criminal trial involving the Broncos arose from the tragic death of cornerback Darrent Williams. Former Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall, who apparently was the intended target of the bullets that killed Williams, gave emotional and compelling testimony regarding his role in the events of a New Year’s Eve gone very wrong.

Now, there’s a criminal trial involving a former Broncos cornerback who allegedly impregnated a woman who had passed out in his apartment on Labor Day Weekend in 2010. And another Broncos receiver is expected to be testifying.

This time around, Demaryius Thomas will be expected to incriminate Perrish Cox. But while Mike Klis of the Denver Post calls the anticipated testimony of Thomas a “bizarre twist” in the case, it’s actually a no-brainer. The police affidavit regarding the alleged crime (which was largely ignored by the national media because: (1) Cox isn’t a big-name player; (2) the lockout ended only a couple of days later; ans (3) Cox was cut before the season began) demonstrates that Thomas will a critical witness.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/29/perrish-cox-trial-will-feature-testimony-from-demaryius-thomas/

DenBronx
02-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Wait, let me get this straight. Demaryius Thomas was dating the girl, watched Cox carry her into his bedroom unconcious and Cox also asked DT to do something sexual to her only for Thomas to just fall asleep on his couch? What in the hells wrong with Thomas?

Is this story a typo problem? It seems like the 4th paragraph have Thomas and Cox mixed up.

If the story is correct then I have lost alot of respect for Thomas.

BroncoStud
02-29-2012, 01:06 PM
I don't see how Thomas comes off looking remotely good here, but regardless, if Cox did what he is accused of doing then he is every bit the thug we knew he was coming out of OSU.

MOtorboat
02-29-2012, 01:27 PM
While, shockingly, PFT goes out of its way to trounce on Thomas, and he certainly doesn't look good in the affidavit, he's done nothing criminal.

This girl also, I believe, after being allegedly raped by Cox, decided several weeks later that she would then date Wesley Woodyard. While, what Cox allegedly did - if he did it, which it looks compellingly that he did - was completely wrong, this stinks of a groupie problem.

vandammage13
02-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Wait, let me get this straight. Demaryius Thomas was dating the girl, watched Cox carry her into his bedroom unconcious and Cox also asked DT to do something sexual to her only for Thomas to just fall asleep on his couch? What in the hells wrong with Thomas?

Is this story a typo problem? It seems like the 4th paragraph have Thomas and Cox mixed up.

Sounds like DT was piss drunk and just passed out...you can't make him out to be the bad guy for that...

Cox is the only one who did anything criminal (if the allegations are true).

SoCalImport
02-29-2012, 01:43 PM
cluster ___k

MOtorboat
02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
The freaking girl didn't even know she had sex until she turned up pregnant. She recorded the conversation when she called Cox. She asked him who all she had sex with. :rolleyes: If you are so ******* drunk that you don't even know if you had sex...how the hell could you say that at the time, you said no?

If you have dated 2 of the guys, got impregnated by another one of the guys....we have names for women like that....the passaround ho.

Both Cox and the girl are despicable to varying degrees in my mind. Thomas got caught in something dumb as a rookie with money.

Woodyard should know better.

GEM
02-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Both Cox and the girl are despicable to varying degrees in my mind. Thomas got caught in something dumb as a rookie with money.

Woodyard should know better.

I deleted my post as she apparently said she thinks she was drugged.

The questionable part is that she says that if it was Thomas she wouldn't feel like it was rape? Either it is or it isn't....doesn't really matter who it was with.

Northman
02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Im confused.

Was DT dating this chick or not?

GEM
02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Im confused.

Was DT dating this chick or not?

Apparently he was. He and Cox went out clubbing with this chick and her friend. They went back to the apartment that Cox shared with Vaughn. She thinks she was drugged. She was laying on an air mattress and remembers kissing DT. She said she felt nauseous the next morning. She turned up pregnant and called authorities. They got DNA from Cox, Vaughn & DT. Turns out Cox was the papa.

Since the incident, they asked her about DT. She stated that if DT were the papa she would not have pressed charges. She also started dating Woodyard after the incident.

Northman
02-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Apparently he was. He and Cox went out clubbing with this chick and her friend. They went back to the apartment that Cox shared with Vaughn. She thinks she was drugged. She was laying on an air mattress and remembers kissing DT. She said she felt nauseous the next morning. She turned up pregnant and called authorities. They got DNA from Cox, Vaughn & DT. Turns out Cox was the papa.

Since the incident, they asked her about DT. She stated that if DT were the papa she would not have pressed charges. She also started dating Woodyard after the incident.

I cant believe Wesley is dating her or was. Some football players are just plain dumbasses.

Grover
02-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Wesley Woodyard is a 25 year old young man. I can think of a number of times when I was 25 that I probably didn't make the smartest long term decisions and went with what seemed good at the moment.

Dzone
02-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Cox impregnated her, so this case should be a slam dunk for the prosecution
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20070431

catfish
02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Cox impregnated her, so this case should be a slam dunk for the prosecution
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20070431

ehh it may be a bit tougher than that. If DT left the apartment after they went to the bedroom it becomes his word vs. hers. It could go she was asleep when it took her in the room but woke up a few hours later and we had consenual sex I had no idea she was still inebriated.

All around ugly situation, but not exactly unique. I bet it happens every weekend on some college campus

TheReverend
02-29-2012, 02:55 PM

Yeah or something extremely similar. Thomas came out looking like a scum-bag too last year.

MOtorboat
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM

The questionable part is that she says that if it was Thomas she wouldn't feel like it was rape? Either it is or it isn't....doesn't really matter who it was with.

Now she was drugged, but she'd be OK with it if it was DT's kid. What a cluster.

Dzone
02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
ehh it may be a bit tougher than that. If DT left the apartment after they went to the bedroom it becomes his word vs. hers. It could go she was asleep when it took her in the room but woke up a few hours later and we had consenual sex I had no idea she was still inebriated.

All around ugly situation, but not exactly unique. I bet it happens every weekend on some college campus

Yes youre right and this chick sounds like she sleeps around with as many players as she can.
So far she has been with 3 different players that we know of. She must be some smokin hot looking bimbo.

Dzone
02-29-2012, 03:02 PM
And wtf is up with the inflatable mattress? Were they cooking on a hot plate as well?

catfish
02-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Yes youre right and this chick sounds like she sleeps around with as many players as she can.
So far she has been with 3 different players that we know of. She must be some smokin hot looking bimbo.

very first thing the defense attourney will do is assasinate her character, and paint her a a women who was praying on football players looking for a meal ticket. It wont be hard due to her dating several football players in a row

TheReverend
02-29-2012, 03:08 PM
very first thing the defense attourney will do is assasinate her character, and paint her a a women who was praying on football players looking for a meal ticket. It wont be hard due to her dating several football players in a row

I think her slut-itude is without question. Still, no one deserves what happened, not even her.

catfish
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
I think her slut-itude is without question. Still, no one deserves what happened, not even her.

ehhh, I don't judge. I don't care if someone sleeps with a different person every night(lord knows I tried in college) as long as it is consensual for both parties, as soon as 1 party doesn't or can't consent it is a crime, past has nothing to do with it IMO. The only thing this case should be about is determining if there was consent.

TheReverend
02-29-2012, 03:30 PM
ehhh, I don't judge. I don't care if someone sleeps with a different person every night(lord knows I tried in college) as long as it is consensual for both parties, as soon as 1 party doesn't or can't consent it is a crime, past has nothing to do with it IMO. The only thing this case should be about is determining if there was consent.

I thought that was what I said. My words must be all ****** up lol

catfish
02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
I thought that was what I said. My words must be all ****** up lol

pretty much the same sentiment, I was just making an even stronger point that # of sexual partners is inconsequential IMO ( I don't really buy into the slut thing), but it will be a huge deal at trial which is a bit sad.

BeefStew25
02-29-2012, 05:32 PM
That would be awesome if Cox was still on the team.

Northman
02-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Wesley Woodyard is a 25 year old young man. I can think of a number of times when I was 25 that I probably didn't make the smartest long term decisions and went with what seemed good at the moment.

Thankfully i was smarter than that at 25. Living and learning is one thing but when its something that blatantly obvious i dont feel sorry for you.

Jsteve01
02-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Yeah or something extremely similar. Thomas came out looking like a scum-bag too last year.

what happened last year?

Jsteve01
02-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Thankfully i was smarter than that at 25. Living and learning is one thing but when its something that blatantly obvious i dont feel sorry for you.

What do you mean that blatantly obvious? Attractive girl, like uber attractive wants to date you? why is that odd

Simple Jaded
02-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Years ago Broncos fans shit all over Brandon Marshall for getting into a fight that led to the death of Darrent Williams.

I'm wondering what Broncos fans think of a Broncos player that leaves his date to get raped. I hope l have Thomas' role that night completely wrong but there is no way in hell l leave my date passed out at another dudes house.......

HORSEPOWER 56
02-29-2012, 07:47 PM

That depends, too. Obviously the alleged "rape" is a bad thing to happen to anyone, but other than the feeling of being "violated" after the fact, it's not like she (supposedly) even knew it happened. For all she knows, Cox collected some of his semen, put it in a turkey baster, and artificially inseminated her that way.

To me, it's kinda like the difference between being awake and conscious while someone cuts off your arm and being completely unconscious and waking up to find your arm has been amputated. Obviously both are despicable, but the level of trauma is different.

In this case, if the charges do end up getting dropped and Cox can return to the NFL, the woman will have a steady stream of income to support her child (and herself probably quite well) until the child is 18 years old.

*** Please don't take my comments as if I am in any way condoning rape or sexual assault in any way ***

... but it seems almost obvious by the statements of the victim that she would've been okay with the sex and the pregnancy had it been a different "baby daddy".

The only thing "obvious" about this case based on the evidence that has been released is that none of the parties involved have much common sense and probably shouldn't be procreating...

BeefStew25
02-29-2012, 07:59 PM
To me, Bay Bay's biggest fault was the choice of his friends.

GEM
02-29-2012, 08:32 PM
He i remember correctly, she aborted.

Shananahan
02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Obviously the alleged "rape" is a bad thing to happen to anyone, but other than the feeling of being "violated" after the fact, it's not like she (supposedly) even knew it happened.

*** Please don't take my comments as if I am in any way condoning rape or sexual assault in any way ***
Had a pretty good laugh, thanks.

Shananahan
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Also anybody who feels like commenting on this should read the affidavit first. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Thomas comes out of it looking like a first-class assistant rapist.

BeefStew25
02-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Also anybody who feels like commenting on this should read the affidavit first. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Thomas comes out of it looking like a first-class assistant rapist.

In college we used to make jokes about boning the passed out chick. Then some of us would go home because we didn't really think anyone would ever bone the passed out chick.

DenBronx
02-29-2012, 10:11 PM

So basically she got gang banged?

Northman
03-01-2012, 06:57 AM
What do you mean that blatantly obvious? Attractive girl, like uber attractive wants to date you? why is that odd

A girl that was involved in a date rape case that isnt clear cut? Uh, no thanks. Smells like trouble and there are plenty of pretty girls on the planet. Like i said, blatantly obvious to stay away from that.

iLands
03-01-2012, 07:00 AM
I hope l have Thomas' role that night completely wrong but there is no way in hell l leave my date passed out at another dudes house.......

Eh. I'd trust my friend and work colleague.

TXBRONC
03-01-2012, 08:27 AM

With what the victim said if Thomas had sex with her it would have been consensual.

claymore
03-01-2012, 08:41 AM
If Cox is guilty, I think its only on a formality. This skank was screwing everyone. I have a hard time believing she would say no to Cox/Cok's of any kind.

Dzone
03-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Was well known that Thomas was a regular at Denver strip joints during the season.

BroncoStud
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
This chick sounds like a winner... :rolleyes:

D. Thomas and Parrish Cox sound like douchebags.

Shananahan
03-01-2012, 12:22 PM
There are so many unbelievable quotes in this thread.

Simple Jaded
03-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Eh. I'd trust my friend and work colleague.

You'd trust a friend or colleague that carried a passed out chick into the bedroom and then said to you "I think she's ready"? Thomas admits that he knew what Cox was suggesting, saying "Under her condition, I’m not going to mess with her.".......

DenBronx
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Was well known that Thomas was a regular at Denver strip joints during the season.

I thought DT had strong Christian values when we drafted him. Did hanging around Cox and Vaughn make him become a dirtbag?

Shananahan
03-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, he wouldn't be the first person who had strong Christian values and was guilty of helping out with a rape.

DenBronx
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Well, he wouldn't be the first person who had strong Christian values and was guilty of helping out with a rape.

Big Ben.

DenBronx
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Cox chooses not to testify

It’s his Constitutional right, right there in the Fifth Amendment. And former Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox opted to exercise it on Thursday.

According to the Denver Post, Cox chose not to testify in his ongoing rape trial.

READ THE REST:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/cox-chooses-not-to-testify/

BroncoStud
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=Dzone;1562216]Was well known that Thomas was a regular at Denver strip joints during the season.

I thought DT had strong Christian values when we drafted him. Did hanging around Cox and Vaughn make him become a dirtbag?[/QUOTE

A LOT of people claim to have strong faith and values then turn out to be *********. It's the lame-ness of mankind. The need to justify existence through a higher power only to live life in contradiction to that higher powers wishes. It takes a real doucehbag to have sex with a chick who is barely conscious. I've had a lot of those situations come up and never once even came close to considering it.

They're professional athletes... Should it be difficult to get laid? And this chick sounds like an uber-slut. But worst of all is that Cox is so ******* stupid he didn't bother pulling out... The ONLY reason he is on trial is because he knocked her up.

Given what I've read about that night there is NO way D. Thomas didn't know what was going to happen to her. Who leaves a girl they're dating passed out drugged with another dude?

BeefStew25
03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Wow, man is flawed. News flash.

BeefStew25
03-01-2012, 05:38 PM
There are so many unbelievable quotes in this thread.

Date rape really isn't rape. No means yes. Maybe means S&M. Yes means fishing hooks.

NightTerror218
03-01-2012, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=DenBronx;1562346]

I thought DT had strong Christian values when we drafted him. Did hanging around Cox and Vaughn make him become a dirtbag?[/QUOTE

A LOT of people claim to have strong faith and values then turn out to be *********. It's the lame-ness of mankind. The need to justify existence through a higher power only to live life in contradiction to that higher powers wishes. It takes a real doucehbag to have sex with a chick who is barely conscious. I've had a lot of those situations come up and never once even came close to considering it.

They're professional athletes... Should it be difficult to get laid? And this chick sounds like an uber-slut. But worst of all is that Cox is so ******* stupid he didn't bother pulling out... The ONLY reason he is on trial is because he knocked her up.

Given what I've read about that night there is NO way D. Thomas didn't know what was going to happen to her. Who leaves a girl they're dating passed out drugged with another dude?

DT left her with Cox, who's GF was there too. Vaugh texted DT that there was girl on girl action. So there is a lot more going on then what was said. I think Cox is going to get off for the rape charges.

DenBronx
03-01-2012, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=DenBronx;1562346]

Was he dating her or just foolin around with her? Sounds like she was willing to get it on with multiple men. DT left her alone with Cox after she passed out. Who knows if she woke up after he left and it was consensual with Cox?

Either way, I dont think DT thought of her as gf material.

Dirk
03-01-2012, 07:02 PM
After reading the everything from the police officers report to the media's report.....it doesn't look good for Perish. What a ******* shame! He was the steal of the draft. Dumbass.

NightTerror218
03-01-2012, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=BroncoStud;1562619]

Was he dating her or just foolin around with her? Sounds like she was willing to get it on with multiple men. DT left her alone with Cox after she passed out. Who knows if she woke up after he left and it was consensual with Cox?

Either way, I dont think DT thought of her as gf material.

From what I have read DT and her kissed (made out , whatever) twice and that was the relationship.

BeefStew25
03-01-2012, 07:30 PM
After reading the everything from the police officers report to the media's report.....it doesn't look good for Perish. What a ******* shame! He was the steal of the draft. Dumbass.

I think the reason he dropped was because he was a sexual predator.

Dirk
03-01-2012, 07:36 PM
I think the reason he dropped was because he was a sexual predator.

Quite possible. Possibly the next best CB...all thrown away because he couldn't think with the right head. :tsk:

CoachChaz
03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
I would have done her

BroncoStud
03-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I would have done her

Better wrap up first. Don't leave even a millimeter exposed.

G_Money
03-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Pull a Cabin Fever.

Listerine the privates. Whatever ya gotta do.

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/img/movie-reviews/cabin-fever/img10.jpg

~G

DenBronx
03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I would have done her

Do you even know what she looks like?

MOtorboat
03-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Do you even know what she looks like?

Coach?

No, coach doesn't know what she looks like. To go beyond that, we'd have to move to the Lounge.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Perrish Cox just found NOT GUILTY on both charges

BroncoStud
03-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Wow... How do you explain the DNA?

Northman
03-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Wow... How do you explain the DNA?

Its not about DNA. I think it based around whether or not she was really passed out and if there was consent involved.

NightTerror218
03-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Its not about DNA. I think it based around whether or not she was really passed out and if there was consent involved.

There are too many holes in her story and the fact more happened then what she led onto. The fact that she waited until she was prego to do anything about it. She she thought something happened then she should have been checked out rather then waiting.

Some of the things that killed her story IMO was the walking the several blocks from club, and walking up flights of stairs with no problems, and making out with Thomas. They were all drunk. Then the whole girl on girl action thing.

MOtorboat
03-02-2012, 01:24 PM
There are too many holes in her story and the fact more happened then what she led onto. The fact that she waited until she was prego to do anything about it. She she thought something happened then she should have been checked out rather then waiting.

Some of the things that killed her story IMO was the walking the several blocks from club, and walking up flights of stairs with no problems, and making out with Thomas. They were all drunk. Then the whole girl on girl action thing.

That's a good point. For someone who was passed out and drugged, she sure did remember a lot.

Cox is still a bit of a creep, imo, though.

Northman
03-02-2012, 01:27 PM

Thats my feeling as well.

I know people hate seeing the whole "party girl" thing put up but thats one of the most damaging things any alleged victim can have in their background. The fact she was kissing one guy, ended up sleeping with another, and then dating a third not too long afterwards just reeks of irresponsibility on her part alone.

With that said, it doesnt mean its alright to rape/date rape women. But, the defense made pretty good arguements and since NO ONE could prove that Cox actually raped her it left reasonable doubt and in the court of law thats all you need. Ive seen girls that have hung out with Missy get plastered and act all kinds of slutty and then not remember a ******* thing in the morning.

Thats why i always tell Missy that if she hangs out with her buds that they need to watch each other and never leave each other alone at any point until they are all home safe. There are some predators out there and if your not watching your own back or watching a friends anything can happen. When this story first broke i was pretty convinced that Cox was guilty but the more i heard about this chick the more it casted doubt about her story. Same thing happened in the Koby case for me.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2012, 01:33 PM

This is true - one of the charges was rape. Things that she said that did not make sense -

She went to the cops, but when they started asking questions she left, because she did not want to accuse someone wrongfully -

SO - what did she think the cops would do - other than ask questions.

Also, she stated if it would have been DT, it would have been ok.

Also, she could not remember walking two blocks, but as someone else stated, she remembered the details of what happened????

DenBronx
03-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Perrish Cox acquitted of rape charges

When the jury couldn’t reach a verdict on Thursday following a short trial with a fairly simple set of facts, the signs weren’t good for the prosecution.

And the jury confirmed those suspicions on Friday. Per multiple reports, Cox has been acquitted.

The verdict comes notwithstanding evidence that: (1) Cox denied having sex with the alleged victim; and (2) the DNA of a fetus growing in the alleged victim’s body matched Cox’s DNA.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/02/perrish-cox-acquitted-of-rape-charges/

DenBronx
03-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Hey guys since Cox is not guilty, we need help at DB.

:coffee:

Northman
03-02-2012, 01:43 PM
I didnt mind Cox as a player to be honest. But, his history of getting into any kind of trouble is troubling. Maybe he can sit and talk with Teebs for a while.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2012, 01:46 PM
DMac has been at the trial, and he said he feels what Vaughn told DT helped Cox a lot, which was brought out in DT's testimony.

From article:

During closing statements Thursday, Steinberg criticized the investigation by Lone Tree police and called the alleged victim a "party girl" who drinks a lot.

He pointed to testimony by Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, who was kissing and touching the woman that night but said he left either after she passed out or fell asleep. Thomas testified that Cox's then-roommate, Broncos defensive back Cassius Vaughn, told him that Thomas missed some "girl-on-girl" action that night between the alleged victim and her friend, whom Cox was dating.

"Did Mr. Cox watch? Did he participate?" Steinberg asked the jury.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20088034

GEM
03-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Your character builds your believability. Unfortunately, your past does follow you. If there was a drug deal in my neighborhood and I came into question, because I have a drug charge, I would be investigated even though I haven't touched the stuff in over 11 years. If you sleep around and "market" yourself to football players in hopes of landing one, it isn't hard to believe that you could set one of them up.

blamkin86
03-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Looks like he was acquitted.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7638140/ex-denver-broncos-player-perrish-cox-acquitted-sexual-assault

PAINTERDAVE
03-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Hey guys since Cox is not guilty, we need help at DB.

He was HORRIBLE.. played himslf right off the team.

No to re-hiring Cox.

NightTerror218
03-02-2012, 02:17 PM

No to re-hiring Cox.

I have no doubt that EFX pushed him away too. He did not come out swinging at TC and so they wanted to get rid of the off-field issues. I knew he was not going to be on the team well before TC started. Just a headache they did not want but had to let him somewhat fail himself. he was not that bad last season as a rookie.

Dzone
03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
So Cox was really that bad in TC last year? Well, expect the Raiders to be signing him this week.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
I thought DT had strong Christian values when we drafted him. Did hanging around Cox and Vaughn make him become a dirtbag?

Since when does going to a strip club, even frequently, make you a dirtbag?

I'm confused here, patronizing a legal establishment as a young adult male no matter what certain "groups" think of said establishments, makes you a dirtbag? So do going to bars and nightclubs count as "dirtbag" worthy, too or is it only ones where chicks take their clothes off?

Damn, I guess most guys here are probably dirtbags, including all of us who've ever served in the military, because if you're a young guy in the service, especially overseas, you're going to go to your fair share of titty bars whether you really want to or not...

Northman
03-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Since when does going to a strip club, even frequently, make you a dirtbag?

I'm confused here, patronizing a legal establishment as a young adult male no matter what certain "groups" think of said establishments, makes you a dirtbag? So do going to bars and nightclubs count as "dirtbag" worthy, too or is it only ones where chicks take their clothes off?

Damn, I guess most guys here are probably dirtbags, including all of us who've ever served in the military, because if you're a young guy in the service, especially overseas, you're going to go to your fair share of titty bars whether you really want to or not...

I admit, im a dirtbag for loving titty bars.

claymore
03-02-2012, 02:58 PM
I admit, im a dirtbag for loving titty bars.

I go there for lunch. :creep:

LTC Pain
03-02-2012, 03:06 PM
So, Cox was found not guilty. My question is..... will he get a tryout from the Broncos?

MOtorboat
03-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I go there for lunch. :creep:

There's a shocker.

NightTerror218
03-02-2012, 03:08 PM
So, Cox was found not guilty. My question is..... will he get a tryout from the Broncos?

I assume his agent will contact several teams and try to get workouts. Broncos may be the first team contacted.

claymore
03-02-2012, 03:08 PM
There's a shocker.

No pun intended? :eek:

Northman
03-02-2012, 03:09 PM
There's a shocker.

What? That he eats lunch or does it at Chippendales?

claymore
03-02-2012, 03:10 PM
What? That he eats lunch or does it at Chippendales?

Lots of people like hotdogs. :coffee:

Dzone
03-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Lets bring him back. Maybe his head was screwed up last summer from all of this.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Perrish Cox, a nine-game starting cornerback as a rookie in 2010, was among the Broncos’ final cuts prior to the 2011 season.

It would be a tad naive to believe the sexual assault charges against him weren’t a factor in the Broncos decision to let him go. Cox spent his past year out of football working out in the Dallas-area. Teams did call him in for a workout here and there but until his case was resolved, he went unsigned.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/02/next-up-for-perrish-cox-the-nfl/12360/

GEM
03-02-2012, 03:31 PM

No to re-hiring Cox.

Cox wasn't let go because of his play.

NightTerror218
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Cox wasn't let go because of his play.

If he looked good he would have remained but I do not think he was given the chance to look good either.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2012, 03:49 PM
If he looked good he would have remained but I do not think he was given the chance to look good either.

from article -

It would be a tad naive to believe the sexual assault charges against him weren’t a factor in the Broncos decision to let him go.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...the-nfl/12360/

GEM
03-02-2012, 04:42 PM

They didn't give him a chance to look good. They buried him on the depth chart and he was practicing with the practice squad. They had their intentions set out early.

Northman
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Yea, i think Cox getting released had more to do with his off field troubles more than anything. If he was Champ Bailey they would of given him the benefit of the doubt. But, with past history and the early reports its easy to understand why he got released.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
DMac is talking about this girl now - in regards to her testifying. He said that the judge ask her if this happened in the spring or summer and she answered YES.

DMac said she did not recognize the lead detective, who was sitting right in front of her.

DMac said, at one point during this girl's testimony, she was so bad giving it that the judge ask her if she was drunk or stoned.

MOtorboat
03-02-2012, 05:01 PM
DMac is talking about this girl now - in regards to her testifying. He said that the judge ask her if this happened in the spring or summer and she answered YES.

DMac said she did not recognize the lead detective, who was sitting right in front of her.

DMac said, at one point during this girl's testimony, she was so bad giving it that the judge ask her if she was drunk or stoned.

Jimminy Christmas.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Jimminy Christmas.

Yep - does not appear that she did herself any favors in her testimony. DMac said she was a beautiful girl, but definitely was not the brightest bulb.

NightTerror218
03-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I just hope Cox steps up and tries to be a real father to the kid or supports the kid, even if the "mother" will hate him.

MOtorboat
03-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I just hope Cox steps up and tries to be a real father to the kid or supports the kid, even if the "mother" will hate him.

I believe she had an abortion.

NightTerror218
03-02-2012, 05:22 PM
I believe she had an abortion.

oh ok, I did not hear that.

madmanbryan
03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
He was found not guilty,what does everyone think abou that??

catfish
03-02-2012, 08:26 PM
He was found not guilty,what does everyone think abou that??
as more info came out sounded like a pretty weak case overall...the girl on girl comment probably sealed it...sober enough to make out with her friend sober enough to know who she was screwing

NightTerror218
03-02-2012, 08:30 PM
as more info came out sounded like a pretty weak case overall...the girl on girl comment probably sealed it...sober enough to make out with her friend sober enough to know who she was screwing

sober enough to wish it was Thomas instead.

catfish
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
sober enough to wish it was Thomas instead.

it's a sad situation either way....in one case a girl could very well have been raped and someone got away with it, on the other nothing illegal may have happened and a mans reputation is sullied...sucks either way

madmanbryan
03-02-2012, 09:26 PM
He says there are a few teams interested in him
Ans has been working out this whole time
Hoping to get a shot in the nfl again

Denver Native (Carol)
03-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Even if former Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox was never behind bars during the period he was accused, he never felt free. Freedom came Friday morning when a 12-person jury in a Douglas County courtroom found him not guilty of two sexual assault charges.

"It's been a long, tough two years," Cox told The Denver Post on Friday afternoon. "I've got my life back. I just want to put it all behind me."

Cox was eating an early dinner Friday evening in the Denver-area with plans of flying back to his Dallas home Saturday morning. Cox started nine games at cornerback for the Broncos as a rookie in 2010 and has hopes of restarting his NFL career. He was charged with two sexual assault charges stemming from an incident on Labor Day weekend, 2010. He was among the Broncos' final cuts prior to the 2011 season. No other team would sign him.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20090991

BeefStew25
03-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Shanrahan, Ead.

BroncoNut
03-03-2012, 12:31 AM
And wtf is up with the inflatable mattress? Were they cooking on a hot plate as well?

that one blipped for me too. I just didnt' process it

WARHORSE
03-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Mr. Cox, why did you lie when asked if you had sexual intercourse with the girl?

"Becuh dat wuh Bey Bey girl........."

DenBronx
03-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Cox can thank Thomas for his freedom

In January’s wild-card playoff game against the Steelers, receiver Demaryius Thomas helped the Broncos seize victory from the jaws of defeat. Last week, Thomas did the same thing for former teammate Perrish Cox.

Josh Alper dropped the link in today’s one-liners, but since I can only write so many bounty stories in one weekend I decided to elaborate. With Cox acquitted of rape despite: (1) denying having sex with the alleged victim; and (2) providing DNA evidence that matched the DNA of the fetus that was growing in the woman’s body, it looked like he was heading up the river. Or down the river. Or whichever direction on the river the prison is.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/04/cox-can-thank-thomas-for-his-freedom/

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 03:20 PM
In case you were wondering what the chick looks like:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/l.jpg

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 03:20 PM
hahaha right Bronx.

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
hahaha right Bronx.

it's true.

DenBronx
03-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanforaReply

49ers announce 2 year deal with CB Perrish Cox #freeagency

HORSEPOWER 56
03-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanforaReply

49ers announce 2 year deal with CB Perrish Cox #freeagency

The story:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7681645/acquitted-corner-perrish-cox-signs-san-francisco-49ers-source-says

tubby
10-15-2014, 04:16 PM
:bump2:

tubby
10-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Interesting match up this week. Cox and DT.

Did anyone else here DMac go after Harbaugh regarding Cox?

Joel
10-15-2014, 04:36 PM
I totally get why we cut Cox now: Because he belongs in a prison yard, not on a football field. Interesting that this guy precisely predicted the trials conclusion at its start:

Wonder how often it happens in SF; they did sign the dude knowing all this.

tripp
10-15-2014, 04:48 PM
I follow Woodyard on instagram for whatever reason I don't know why, but he's married now with a kid... surely it can't be the same girl?

Joel
10-15-2014, 05:09 PM
I follow Woodyard on instagram for whatever reason I don't know why, but he's married now with a kid... surely it can't be the same girl?
One way to find out: Does the kid have his DNA, or Coxs...? ;)