PDA

View Full Version : Current cap numbers according to ProFootballTalk

dogfish
02-28-2012, 11:48 PM
i don't consider myself much of an amateur capologist, but i thought some of ya might be interested in this. . . these are PFT's reported cap numbers as of today:

Raiders: $145.7 million.

Giants: $129.1 million.

Panthers: $128.5 million.

Cowboys: $124.3 million.

Lions: $123.0 million.

Jets: $120.9 million.

Packers: $120.7 million.

Steelers: $120.5 million.

Texans: $118.9 million.

Rams: $118.0 million.

Cardinals: $117.7 million.

Ravens: $116.3 million.

Vikings: $116.0 million.

Eagles: $112.8 million.

Chargers: $112.8 million.

Dolphins: $112.7 million.

Seahawks: $110.0 million.

Saints: $109.6 million.

Chiefs: $108.9 million.

Colts: $107.5 million.

Jaguars: $107.3 million.

49ers: $105.9 million.

Bills: $104.7 million.

Browns: $103.4 million.

Patriots: $102.6 million.

Bears: $101.9 million.

Falcons: $101.5 million.

Broncos: $98.7 million.

Titans: $94.5 million.

Redskins: $93.5 million.

Buccaneers: $92.7 million.

Bengals: $83.5 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/28/2012-top-51-cap-numbers-as-of-february-2/

and here's the list of each team's remaining cap space from last year that can potentially be rolled over. . .

Jaguars: $31.66 million.

Broncos: $27.88 million.

Buccaneers: $25.05 million.

Chiefs: $24.01 million.

Seahawks: $21.27 million.

Bills: $19.29 million.

Bengals: $17.59 million.

Cowboys: $17.14 million.

49ers: $16.87 million.

Redskins: $13.6 million.

Eagles: $11.01 million.

Dolphins: $9.05 million.

Browns: $8.98 million.

Jets: $8.39 million.

Titans: $8.11 million.

Bears: $7.74 million.

Cardinals: $7.04 million.

Patriots: $6.66 million.

Ravens: $6.18 million.

Packers: $5.48 million.

Saints: $4.22 million.

Rams: $3.5 million.

Raiders: $3.23 million.

Panthers: $2.8 million.

Colts: $2.5 million.

Chargers: $2.1 million.

Vikings: $1.95 million.

Lions: $1.47 million.

Texans: $1.08 million.

Giants: $1.06 million.

Falcons: $747,000.

Steelers: $506,000.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/12/remaining-2011-cap-space-by-team/

with a projected cap somewhere around $120 million, that leaves us with close to fitty mil in cap space. . . most likely, we'll eat up a chunk of that re-signing half-a-dozen or more of our own free agents. . . i'd imagine we'll retain at least one of our OLs (probably chris clark), one of royal and willis (likely willis), hopefully dan fells, at least one of our DTs (marcus thomas, bunkley, mcbean) if not two, and at least one LB out of woodyard-mays-haggan. . . and either sign or franchise prater. . .

that will still leave us more than enough cap space to go after any FA on the market. . . doesn't mean we will-- and MO will be quick to point out that no top tier wideouts are coming here :heh: -- but the capability will certainly be there. . . of course, it's not like we'll be signing just one FA, either-- we could easily fill half-a-dozen holes with second- and third tier players. . .

i also like seeing the faiders with no cap room to maneuver. . .

:cool:

MOtorboat
02-29-2012, 12:01 AM
A couple of things.

Denver has a lot of resigning to do. So that should/could take up a significant amount of tha space.

There's no guarantee this season that they have to spend that money, as there is no floor until 2013.

Good link, dog.

Davii
02-29-2012, 12:13 AM
i also like seeing the faiders with no cap room to maneuver. . .

:cool:

Nor do they have a draft with which to build from. Nice. Sorry Dennis, you're the Raiders coach now and I don't feel bad for you.

DenBronx
02-29-2012, 06:15 AM
Since we rolled over the 27.8 mill you got to think we might be going after someone.

SOCALORADO.
02-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Since we rolled over the 27.8 mill you got to think we might be going after someone.

Dear Mr Elway,
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/129068425.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789219B309651A2344B3F24B157B5678024AD E0CED2D4033E189E0860D79168AD4040F06BF04B24B4128C

Chef Zambini
02-29-2012, 09:29 AM
the second set of numbers confirms what I said all along about LAST SEASON...
priority #1 was to save money !
not about winning or contending!
lets just see how they use the 'roll-over' before we assume its going to be spent on PLAYERS.
Obviously MONEY wont be an issue with regard to getting talent in the building.

the broncos were one of the LOWEST spending teams last year, and they still dumped orton to save a relatively measly 2 million.

a big thank you from the cheifs on that one !

BigDaddyBronco
02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Yea, I kind of have to agree with Zam on this one. What makes us think that Bowlen is going to start spending money like a drunken sailor again if he doesn't have to? The last few years he has been pretty frugal and I would be pretty surprised to see us go after Carl Nicks or Vincent Jackson. I'm thinking that we go and get more 2nd or 3rd tier guys.

Chef Zambini
02-29-2012, 09:49 AM
I would love to be wrong on this one.

WARHORSE
02-29-2012, 11:51 AM
I would love to be wrong on this one.

On THIS one?

Wow.

Heh heh

underrated29
02-29-2012, 12:24 PM
I dont want vincent jackson. He is good, but not for us. All he really excells is go routes, which is all that genius mccoy calls, but DT and decker can do that too. I miss having eddie do that. Remember that Browns game?

Anyway, Id like to throw some change at a CB, a MLB (someone to compete with irving and beat out mays) and a RB/G/FB- Greg Jones, come on down.

Dogfish- Eddie royal will be staying here as well.

Npba900
02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
the second set of numbers confirms what I said all along about LAST SEASON...
priority #1 was to save money !
not about winning or contending!
lets just see how they use the 'roll-over' before we assume its going to be spent on PLAYERS.
Obviously MONEY wont be an issue with regard to getting talent in the building.

the broncos were one of the LOWEST spending teams last year, and they still dumped orton to save a relatively measly 2 million.

a big thank you from the cheifs on that one !

Agreed. I think at this stage with EFX entering their 2nd season at their respective positions, it would be more prudent to continue drafting to bring in talent.

Perhaps follow the same philosophy/game plan next year as well. And then in 2014 make the FA splash and spend the money on FA's that can blend in with the young talent assembled over the previous 3 years.

Simple Jaded
02-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Denver has one of the better cap situations in the league at a time when there are some outstanding, impact free agents available. **** prioritizing their own players, there isn't a damn one that can't be replaced.

Whether Bowlen likes it or not, Denver has to get serious about spending sooner or later, why wait?

Aside from the rookie wage scale, the salary floor is the best thing to come out of the new CBA.......

dogfish
02-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Denver has one of the better cap situations in the league at a time when there are some outstanding, impact free agents available. **** prioritizing their own players, there isn't a damn one that can't be replaced.

Whether Bowlen likes it or not, Denver has to get serious about spending sooner or later, why wait?

Aside from the rookie wage scale, the salary floor is the best thing to come out of the new CBA.......

absolutely agree in theory. . . my fear is that bowlen and elli$ will see one more year of fat profits before the floor kicks in, limit the FO to bargain hunting the way they did last year, and cause us to miss some great opportunities in free agency. . .

of course, it makes terrible sense from a football perspective, but unfortunately that doesn't matter IF the money is your sole determining factor. . . we shall see-- i don't think anyone expects them to go wild and sign manning and reggie wayne, but how far bowlen will let the FO go in terms of pursuing and signing legit quality FAs will go a long way towards either dispelling or reinforcing some of the accusations of cheapness. . .

i hope we aren't left shopping for guys like derrick harvey and jeremy jarmon, hoping we can grab half-a-dozen of them and maybe find one bunkley in the lot. . .

okay, wait. . . did you used to be link, up 'til like a day ago?

:confused:

TXBRONC
03-01-2012, 09:16 AM
absolutely agree in theory. . . my fear is that bowlen and elli$ will see one more year of fat profits before the floor kicks in, limit the FO to bargain hunting the way they did last year, and cause us to miss some great opportunities in free agency. . .

of course, it makes terrible sense from a football perspective, but unfortunately that doesn't matter IF the money is your sole determining factor. . . we shall see-- i don't think anyone expects them to go wild and sign manning and reggie wayne, but how far bowlen will let the FO go in terms of pursuing and signing legit quality FAs will go a long way towards either dispelling or reinforcing some of the accusations of cheapness. . .

i hope we aren't left shopping for guys like derrick harvey and jeremy jarmon, hoping we can grab half-a-dozen of them and maybe find one bunkley in the lot. . .

So teams have still one more year of being able to keep their cap number below 90%?

Chef Zambini
03-01-2012, 09:39 AM
how much do we still owe shanny and JMCD ?

Jsteve01
03-01-2012, 09:53 AM
I think we're finally off the hook for those two this year. Look if we can find more quality second contract FAs and be patient in free agency then I'll be fine with that. The FA that hits the market as a top at his position and then dominates after signing a huge deal is rare. If we are going to make a big splash then I'd rather go after the second guy on a list. Sound funny? Take a look at Jonathan Joseph's play vs Nnamdi's last year. You basically got the same production although Joseph's was a little higher for better money.

Simple Jaded
03-01-2012, 11:00 AM

I fear you're right. I think it says a lot that beat writers seem intent on changing the perception that Denver doesn't spend, considering 5 years ago that perception would have been laughable. Five years ago dispelling rumors of cheapness was never an issue on a Broncos message board.

I don't expect Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones but a decade ago when Bowlen wanted a new stadium he said he needed the stadium to compete with Jones and Snyder. Now the F'n Bidwell's are more aggressive. l think the fact that nobody expects Denver to "go wild" and be in the Manning sweepstakes is absolutely sickening, if anybody should be going after Peyton Manning it's the Denver Broncos. After Elway retired and Griese's 15 minutes were winding down, how many former greats was Denver linked to? Steve Young, Troy Aikman? Who am l missing? They weren't just interested they were begging them to play with serious injury risks.

Fast forward a decade; the Broncos are in far worse condition at QB and nobody even mentions the Broncos in connection with Manning. That can't be all due to this ******* ridiculous Tebow Thing, the perception that the Broncos are cheap is real.

My biggest fear is that Bowlen has seen what the Monfort's have done over the last decade and wants to emulate that. l hope l'm wrong but if l'm not then Bowlen/Ellis can suck a ******* fart.

Btw, changed my name yesterday. l've been jaded for 3 years and counting now, it fits.......

Superchop 7
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I hope they bring in 15 guys to compete for 6 spots. Be aggressive and smart with $.

DenBronx
03-01-2012, 01:59 PM

Why in the heck would we roll over the cap if we wernt going to use it? We already had a low cap last year and we have just as much room this year. Now we roll it over...

Simple Jaded
03-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Why in the heck would we roll over the cap if we wernt going to use it? We already had a low cap last year and we have just as much room this year. Now we roll it over...

What l'd like to know is if a team can roll over cap space more than once, meaning; if Denver still has cap space due to '11 surplus, could that surplus be rolled over again into '13?

And is the cap floor based off of the league cap number or individual teams cap number? Meaning; say Denver rolls over again in '13, is the cap floor based on what they can spend or whatever the cap is supposed to be? A team could really accumulate a high cap numer this way.

No wonder teams hire capologists.......

underrated29
03-01-2012, 02:29 PM
What l'd like to know is if a team can roll over cap space more than once, meaning; if Denver still has cap space due to '11 surplus, could that surplus be rolled over again into '13?

And is the cap floor based off of the league cap number or individual teams cap number? Meaning; say Denver rolls over again in '13, is the cap floor based on what they can spend or whatever the cap is supposed to be? A team could really accumulate a high cap numer this way.

No wonder teams hire capologists.......

:beer:
LMAO!

you actually did change your name to jaded. That's hilarious

Simple Jaded
03-01-2012, 03:07 PM
LMAO!

you actually did change your name to jaded. That's hilarious

I was dead serious when l said l was considering it, l first asked tned about it in October 2009. I just never got around to doing it til you told me how.......

Nomad
03-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I fear you're right. I think it says a lot that beat writers seem intent on changing the perception that Denver doesn't spend, considering 5 years ago that perception would have been laughable. Five years ago dispelling rumors of cheapness was never an issue on a Broncos message board.

I don't expect Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones but a decade ago when Bowlen wanted a new stadium he said he needed the stadium to compete with Jones and Snyder. Now the F'n Bidwell's are more aggressive. l think the fact that nobody expects Denver to "go wild" and be in the Manning sweepstakes is absolutely sickening, if anybody should be going after Peyton Manning it's the Denver Broncos. After Elway retired and Griese's 15 minutes were winding down, how many former greats was Denver linked to? Steve Young, Troy Aikman? Who am l missing? They weren't just interested they were begging them to play with serious injury risks.

Fast forward a decade; the Broncos are in far worse condition at QB and nobody even mentions the Broncos in connection with Manning. That can't be all due to this ******* ridiculous Tebow Thing, the perception that the Broncos are cheap is real.

My biggest fear is that Bowlen has seen what the Monfort's have done over the last decade and wants to emulate that. l hope l'm wrong but if l'm not then Bowlen/Ellis can suck a ******* fart.

Btw, changed my name yesterday. l've been jaded for 3 years and counting now, it fits.......

I'm stumped....who were you before Jaded?