PDA

View Full Version : Rumor...jake plummer is in town

Bill Devaroe
03-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Hmmmmmm

nthngd2say
03-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Well... I guess if we can't trade for Cleo Lemon or Garrard maybe Plummer would want to play for McDaniels. I would still prefer Lemon if we can get him.

MOtorboat
03-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Good. Now we can win some games and make the playoffs.

chazoe60
03-20-2009, 09:18 PM
I heard Craig Morton and Steve DeBerg were spotted at Dave and Busters. Hmmmmmmmmm?????????

Magnificent Seven
03-20-2009, 09:20 PM
I heard Craig Morton and Steve DeBerg were spotted at Dave and Busters. Hmmmmmmmmm?????????

I heard that Bobby Brister and Brian Griese were spotted at Dave & Busters, too!

Shazam!
Oh Lord.

broncohead
John Elway is in town...

getlynched47
03-20-2009, 09:21 PM
lame....

thanks for making up that rumor :coffee:

BroncoTech
03-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Here's a better one...

Jack Elway is in town....

MOtorboat
03-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Here's a better one...

Jack Elway is in town....

Nah, he's getting ready for Spring Ball in Tempe.

Magnificent Seven
03-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Nah, he's getting ready for Spring Ball in Tempe.

He requested to lure his dad's jersey # 7 out from retirement and wear it!

WARHORSE
03-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Janet Elway is in town.

LoyalSoldier
03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
The boys are back in town. Err wait, That's a song title isn't it?

Chris90210
03-20-2009, 09:50 PM
http://upshizzle.com/gallery/albums/October_2008/1Fazed_1299.gif (http://upshizzle.com)

Hobe
03-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Denver Native (Carol) is in town!

chazoe60
03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I heard that Bobby Brister and Brian Griese were spotted at Dave & Busters, too!

I think we have ourselves a QB controversy brewing. I say Bubby all way Babby

Simple Jaded
03-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Bradlee Van Pelt is looking to get back in Pro Football, that's suits Broncos fans a lot better.

"We have a pool.......well, we have a pool and a pond. A pond would be good for you".......Broncos fans deserve a stank ass pong.......

underrated29
03-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Bill i am in your bathroom right now..... Seriously, and i want a freaking margarita and a bolonee bowt. So get craking......Dont barge in either....Come on now......What the hell......You can knock, but i am not letting you in until you make me my margarita!

By the way billy where did you go to school in commerce city. Dream wants to go there.

Magnificent Seven
03-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Bradlee Van Pelt is looking to get back in Pro Football, that's suits Broncos fans a lot better.

"We have a pool.......well, we have a pool and a pond. A pond would be good for you".......Broncos fans deserve a stank ass pong.......

Seriously, I would love to have Bradlee Van Pelt on Broncos' team. He was awesome and he is a mobile-quarterback.

Magnificent Seven
03-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Seriously, I would love to have Bradlee Van Pelt on Broncos' team. He was awesome and he is a mobile-quarterback.

Denver loves mobile-quarterback.

DenBronx
03-21-2009, 12:20 AM
mntman where are you????????

Gamechanger
03-21-2009, 12:38 AM
someone re-animated John Unitas

he's on the trade block for a 4th round pick :rolleyes:

weazel
03-21-2009, 01:43 AM
The Wizards are in town so Gilbert Arenas was in town, maybe he's working out for the Broncos as well.

Shazam!
03-21-2009, 01:56 AM
It's time for Jake's bath every 3 years or so.

LoyalSoldier
03-21-2009, 02:17 AM
I wonder if 20 years from now if we will still hear about Plummer.....

Watchthemiddle
03-21-2009, 03:04 AM
mntman where are you????????

He's scared of this message board....

If BVP was back on this team it would be at safety. He has been working out as a safety and wants to play safety now.

Superchop 7
03-21-2009, 09:16 AM
They're hangin down at Gino's"

ChairmanBron
03-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Maybe he is here for an apology?...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sportsline/main11510371.shtml

Losing-pretty Cutler making winning-ugly Plummer look great

March 16, 2009
By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Tell Clark your opinion!

So now Jay Cutler is mad as hell and sure looks like he's not going to take it in Denver anymore. Great. Almost makes you wish the Broncos never disposed of Jake Plummer, huh?

Well, it does me. If ever there was a quarterback done wrong it was poor Jake. He didn't throw the tightest spiral. He took too many chances. And he threw unnecessary interceptions. He was booed at home, booed on the road and shredded weekly by the hometown media for his flaws. In short, he was embraced like the Avian flu.

So what's to like? This: He was 40-18 as a starter. All the guy did was win.

He took the Broncos to the playoffs in 2003. He did it again in 2004. He had them in the 2005 AFC Championship Game. Yet he was gone two seasons later, shuffled off to Tampa Bay to make way for Cutler, the second coming of John Elway. Only, he's not. Cutler isn't even the second coming of Jake Plummer, and, no, I don't care that he throws a fastball like Randy Johnson or that his right arm can launch space shuttles.

I want someone who can win, and Jay Cutler is 17-20 as a starter, failing to reach the playoffs in his NFL career. Plummer not only got there three of his four seasons in Denver, he took the Cardinals to the playoffs in 1998, their first appearance in a non-strike year in over two decades.

Denver never had a losing season under Plummer. It hasn't had a winning season under Cutler. Draw your own conclusions. I have, and they go something like this: Plummer knew how to win; Cutler knows how to throw a pretty pass. I know which I'd rather have.

When the Broncos drafted Cutler they were coming off a 13-3 season where they beat New England and were one win from the Super Bowl. But after losing to Pittsburgh in the conference championship game, coach Mike Shanahan decided he could go no deeper into the playoffs with Plummer. So he traded up for Cutler.

For Plummer, the message was clear: His get-out-of-Denver ticket had just been punched, and Cutler would succeed him in no more than a year. Anything short of the Super Bowl wouldn't matter for Plummer, who could take his 40-18 record somewhere else and watch what could have been.

Plummer didn't sulk. He didn't demand to be traded. He didn't threaten to move. And he never asked to meet with his head coach or demand an explanation.

"Jay is going to be a hell of a player," Plummer told me that summer, "but, hopefully, when his time is right. Until that time I'm going to be the one taking the snaps.

"Fans always like change. I understand that. It's almost like having an old girlfriend. You always think the pasture may be greener on the other side. But until Jay is ready they're going to have to deal with me."

Now that's what I want to hear from my quarterback. Don't tell me your feelings are hurt. Don't go running to your realtor. And don't mention the name Matt Cassel because if you're more concerned about what is beyond your control -- and, contrary to what he might think, Jay Cutler is not running this show -- you're doomed as a quarterback.

Of course, Jay Cutler is not doomed. He has a long career ahead of him, and he has a world of talent. What he doesn't have is the guts of Jake Plummer, and too bad. He could learn something from his predecessor. In fact, the more I hear Cutler whine the more I'm convinced Denver owes Plummer an apology.

He didn't score many style points while he was there; he just won. For some reason, that wasn't enough. So he was sliced, diced and spliced by his critics. Cutler, on the other hand, is cut a break ... and for what? He took over his rookie season when the Broncos were 7-4 and lost three of five starts. No problem there. Rookie quarterbacks struggle. But then he was 7-9 in his second season and 8-8 in his third. Worse, the Broncos positively self-destructed last year, blowing a three-game lead with three weeks to go.

Yeah, I know, it wasn't Cutler's fault. It might have helped if Denver had a running back who could stay in the lineup for three weeks or a defense that didn't leak like the Titanic. But all the Broncos had to do was win one freakin' game in three tries, and they couldn't pull it off. Blame the defense all you want, but look what Cutler did down the stretch: Nothing.

In his last three games he had two touchdown passes and four interceptions. Worse, he lost to Buffalo at home on the next to last weekend of the season. I don't want to hear how he threw for 359 yards or 316 the next weekend against San Diego. He didn't win. Period. End of story.

So his defense stunk. Kurt Warner's defense in Arizona wasn't all that great, either. And the Cardinals' running game was worse than Denver's. In fact, it was worse than everyone. But Arizona pulled the mother of all upsets by winning the NFC and coming within 45 seconds of knocking off Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLIII. Warner overcame the club's shortcomings because that is what good quarterbacks are supposed to do.

Cutler is acknowledged as one of the game's top young quarterbacks, yet he can't overcome much of anything. And that is a problem. He can complain about Philip Rivers, but I know which one I'd trust in the clutch -- and it's not Cutler. He can complain about his new head coach, too, but this just in, Jay: Josh McDaniels didn't draft you; Mike Shanahan did. And while I don't agree with how this was handled -- or mishandled -- it is a reminder to Cutler to wake up and realize the NFL is a business.

It is also evidence that Cutler might not be the quarterback we thought he was. So he lives in the shadow of Elway. Big deal. So did Jake Plummer. In fact, Plummer was closer to the Elway era than Cutler, so the contrasts were more apparent. He didn't throw like Elway, but he did find a way to win -- and isn't that how we measure our quarterbacks?

When, at last, Plummer was dismissed by the Broncos, he didn't cry or rant about the decision. He simply retired, exiled by a team and a city that didn't appreciate him.

Cutler was supposed to be an improvement on Plummer, but while he has the measureables -- the size, the big arm, the accuracy -- he's as short on the intangibles as he is on victories. The guy needs to toughen up and drop his woe-is-me mantra. If he can't get over what happened here, how does he demonstrate to teammates that he is resilient; that he is someone they can trust when their world is crumbling? And how does he prove he can shut out everything around him on the field when he can shut nothing out now? More to the point, how does he prove he can beat San Diego without the help of referee Ed Hochuli?

Maybe he can't. Maybe we should face facts and realize that while he's no John Elway he may be no Jake Plummer, either.

Lonestar
03-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye.

Lonestar
03-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm perhaps there is more to this than. Mett the eye. Or should bemeets the eye.

getlynched47
03-21-2009, 07:40 PM
thanks for bumping this useless thread Jr :rolleyes:

BroncoNut
03-21-2009, 08:20 PM
there was probably just a Tubby sighting at Shotgun Willy's

Hobe
03-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye.

Hmmmmmmmmm perhaps there is more to this than. Mett the eye. Or should bemeets the eye.

Padding your post count?:eek:

rcsodak
03-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Hmmmmmm

Bring him on!!!!!!

At least the Broncos will be back in the running for a winning record, and the playoffs!!!!!!

TXBRONC
03-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Bring him on!!!!!!

At least the Broncos will be back in the running for a winning record, and the playoffs!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl:

Watchthemiddle
03-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Bring him on!!!!!!

Best thing I have heard all week.

:beer::beer:

Lonestar
03-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Padding your post count?:eek:

Like I need to. Iam working on blackberry and sometimes like right now I can't see what I am typing.

Shazam!
03-22-2009, 02:21 PM
That Plummer/Cutler article, c'mon. Facts are facts. When you have the worst defense in the League and can't stop ANYTHING you aren't going to win many games, let alone the playoffs. If Cutler had a team that even remotely resembled the 2005 Broncos, they'd have been in the Playoffs and we'd all have been having Super dreams. Say what you want, but Cutler never had a team that was close to what Plummer had.

Plummer got a raw deal but Cutler was an upgrade at the QB position, when nearly all other positions, especially on defense were downgraded.

Northman
03-22-2009, 02:27 PM
That Plummer/Cutler article, c'mon. Facts are facts. When you have the worst defense in the League and can't stop ANYTHING you aren't going to win many games, let alone the playoffs. If Cutler had a team that even remotely resembled the 2005 Broncos, they'd have been in the Playoffs and we'd all have been having Super dreams. Say what you want, but Cutler never had a team that was close to what Plummer had.

Plummer got a raw deal but Cutler was an upgrade at the QB position, when nearly all other positions, especially on defense were downgraded.

Funny how it just isnt that obvious to everyone aint it? :lol: