PDA

View Full Version : Indy intel: Combine observations, on and off the field

Denver Native (Carol)
02-28-2012, 09:17 PM
From article:

2. Mr. Congeniality, John Fox: In just about any city on any day, a debate about the most popular current member of the Broncos organization would yield one of two responses: Tim Tebow or John Elway. Not during the combine, though. Not in Indianapolis.

That distinction goes to Denver coach John Fox, known to many in NFL circles as the King of the Combine. Nobody in Indianapolis commands more respect than Fox, and nobody deserves it more, either. Fox treats everyone he encounters with kindness and class, from the servers at Steak 'n Shake to the bartenders at Mo's Steakhouse. It's no wonder that on Monday evening Fox was sipping some red wine from a glass engraved with his initials.

Injecting a level of fun into a week designed specifically for work, Fox makes the combine more enjoyable for all, including those who work for him.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d827473d9/article/indy-intel-combine-observations-on-and-off-the-field?module=HP11_cp

BroncoStud
02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I think I was sure wrong about Fox last year. I didn't want him here in any shape or form, but I admit it, I was totally wrong about the dude.

Great hire by Elway.

SOCALORADO.
02-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Good hire, guys!
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Pat+Bowlen+John+Fox+Introduced+Denver+Broncos+ieNt gOTXu9vl.jpg

BroncoJoe
02-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Wait - Mo has a steakhouse in Indy?

Timmy!
03-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Wait - Mo has a steakhouse in Indy?

You've never been? Its okay but the portions are a little small and they only serve drinks in short glasses.

Dirk
03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Fox has a lot of charisma. I think that is what makes a lot of the players play so hard for the guy.

As long as that translates to wins over the next few years I am excited as hell.

slim
03-01-2012, 07:15 PM
He eats way too much red meat.

Someone should say something to him.