PDA

View Full Version : Poppy seed in my keyboard?

underrated29
03-20-2009, 12:30 PM
I was eating a burgerking and a poppy seed fell in between my keyboard. (im serious by the way)

Is this going to be a problem? I know on a regular computer keyboard i can pop off the little keys, can i do that on my lap top too?

Because then i could just pop off the key and get it out. But I do not want to break my lap top as i dont have money to fix it or buy a new one if i break it.

Or is the poppy seed just now a part of the computer.

claymore
03-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I would put it in the dishwasher,

Thnikkaman
03-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I was eating a burgerking and a poppy seed fell in between my keyboard. (im serious by the way)

Is this going to be a problem? I know on a regular computer keyboard i can pop off the little keys, can i do that on my lap top too?

Because then i could just pop off the key and get it out. But I do not want to break my lap top as i dont have money to fix it or buy a new one if i break it.

Or is the poppy seed just now a part of the computer.

you can see if some canned air will blow it out. As long as its not liquid, your laptop should be fine. You can pop keys off a laptop, but they are more difficult to pop on.

girler
03-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Uh-huh. Burger king my pet donkey. Don't let your keyboard take any drug tests anytime soon. :coffee:

:heh:

underrated29
03-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Ok i will try. Maybe i should just get used to the poppy seed if its not going to hurt my comp any...

Maybe i will give it a name too.

Like jorge. Thats a good name for a poppy seed in my comp i think.

If the keys are hard to get back on i bet i would break them so i will try the air can otherwise he is not my pet. :whoknows:

Thnikkaman
03-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Ok i will try. Maybe i should just get used to the poppy seed if its not going to hurt my comp any...

Maybe i will give it a name too.

Like jorge. Thats a good name for a poppy seed in my comp i think.

If the keys are hard to get back on i bet i would break them so i will try the air can otherwise he is not my pet. :whoknows:

Is that pronounced George or whorehey?

Zweems56
03-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Damn. Just a few minutes late on this gem. Just stick a knife or a letter opener underneath of the key and pop it off just like you would a normal one. Be careful though. The key pops on the same way, where you just push it down. When you pop off the key though, the device that pushes it back up is a two pieces of plastic that fit into one another, and when lifted form a form of X. If you accidentally pop that plastic X off, you need to make sure you put it back together the right way. You'll see little metal hooks if you accidentally pop it off that are underneath where the white X piece was. If you DO screw that up, you have to slide the white X thing in underneath the hooks then press the key down right.

Laptop keyboards are only a little bit more annoying.

underrated29
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Damn. Just a few minutes late on this gem. Just stick a knife or a letter opener underneath of the key and pop it off just like you would a normal one. Be careful though. The key pops on the same way, where you just push it down. When you pop off the key though, the device that pushes it back up is a two pieces of plastic that fit into one another, and when lifted form a form of X. If you accidentally pop that plastic X off, you need to make sure you put it back together the right way. You'll see little metal hooks if you accidentally pop it off that are underneath where the white X piece was. If you DO screw that up, you have to slide the white X thing in underneath the hooks then press the key down right.

Laptop keyboards are only a little bit more annoying.

LOL

Thanks?

I think i am going to stick with whorehey.

Zweems56
03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
LOL

Thanks?

I think i am going to stick with whorehey.

Probably the best choice.

girler
03-20-2009, 01:07 PM
I have so much crap inside my laptop keyboard it should be a living ant colony. I never thought about naming them though... My caps lock key is missing too. I have to REALLY WANT TO YELL if I push that damn button. Which I didn't do just now, I just held down the shift key. :yardog:

Thnikkaman
03-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Sometimes, I turn my keyboard over, shake it out, and eat what treasure I find.

:eww: :puke:

underrated29
03-20-2009, 01:23 PM
That would be a good invention. A removable keyboard sheet. You unsap it at one unit clean it out, and snap the whole keyboard back in.

Although the jorges of the world would no longer have a place to reside.

Thnikkaman
03-20-2009, 01:24 PM
That would be a good invention. A removable keyboard sheet. You unsap it at one unit clean it out, and snap the whole keyboard back in.

Although the jorges of the world would no longer have a place to reside.

http://www.sizlopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/usb-flexible-keyboard.jpg

frauschieze
03-20-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.sizlopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/usb-flexible-keyboard.jpg

I really need one of those.

Thnikkaman
03-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Its actually just a usb keyboard.

frauschieze
03-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Its actually just a usb keyboard.

I know but I still need one. I remember the old plastic covers they had for the keyboards in middle school. Those things were a pain.

underrated29
03-20-2009, 01:34 PM
But those can be lost and dont fit in all laptops especially when closed. The removable keyboard snaps in and out for easy convenience and peace of mind. And if you call withing the next 15 minutes we will automatically give you not 1 but 2 aerosal dust blowers all for the low price of $19.95.