PDA

View Full Version : DT Dontari Poe. BEASTMODE!

BroncoBowlby 88
02-27-2012, 04:43 PM
So old boy killed it at the combine today, running a 4.98 40 and at 6-foot-3-1/2 and 346lbs that's something to look at. He showed very good lateral movement and quickness in the bag drills, and pushing up 44 reps on the 223-pound bench press. Before the combine he was slated as a late 1st, early-to-mid 2nd rounder. After this performance he is going to be looking very nice come April. Denver should pick this guy up, he is a monster, and will clog up space so Von and Doom can do what they do, and he will plug up the run!

underrated29
02-27-2012, 04:46 PM
So old boy killed it at the combine today, running a 4.98 40 and at 6-foot-3-1/2 and 346lbs that's something to look at. He showed very good lateral movement and quickness in the bag drills, and pushing up 44 reps on the 223-pound bench press. Before the combine he was slated as a late 1st, early-to-mid 2nd rounder. After this performance he is going to be looking very nice come April. Denver should pick this guy up, he is a monster, and will clog up space so Von and Doom can do what they do, and he will plug up the run!

Ive been looking at him more and more lately. I still really like cox a lot. But I think Del Rio will want a few mammoths on the DL- like he had with stroud and henderson, and alualua- although I was thinking he didnt pan out as well as they hoped.

Either way, he defintiely bears more study.
- I personally dont care about his forty time because if he is running 40 yards we are screwed anyway. (unless its a sack fumble, but then id like them slower, because watching a fat guy run with the football is the best)

Simple Jaded
02-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately l think 25 is too late to get Poe. l haven't anything but highlights but l tend to believe his talent and measurables will get him drafted in top15-20 at least. Mayock is comparing Poe's talent to Haloti Ngata.

I have no problem with Denver trading up as long as it doesn't cost a No1 pick next year.......

underrated29
02-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately l think 25 is too late to get Poe. l haven't anything but highlights but l tend to believe his talent and measurables will get him drafted in top15-20 at least. Mayock is comparing Poe's talent to Haloti Ngata.

I have no problem with Denver trading up as long as it doesn't cost a No1 pick next year.......

Ngata, really, wow!

I did not know he was that good a prospect to be mentioned with Haloti. I would be ok with moving up to get him. I was thinking he was more like 2nd-ish.

Im excited.

Simple Jaded
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Ngata, really, wow!

I did not know he was that good a prospect to be mentioned with Haloti. I would be ok with moving up to get him. I was thinking he was more like 2nd-ish.

Im excited.

Well, Mayock did say that he's not saying Poe will be Ngata, just comparing talent and ability.

As far as moving up, let's be honest, Denver needs quality not quantity and lately Denver has been going with quantity in free agency. I've always been a big fan of moving up.......

BigDaddyBronco
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
If he is a Ngata type he'll be a top 10 pick.

BroncoStud
02-27-2012, 05:38 PM
He's impressive, no doubt.

underrated29
02-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Well, Mayock did say that he's not saying Poe will be Ngata, just comparing talent and ability.

As far as moving up, let's be honest, Denver needs quality not quantity and lately Denver has been going with quantity in free agency. I've always been a big fan of moving up.......

Hey, even a half ngata is 10x better than what we have or have had in a looooooong time.

Simple Jaded
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey, even a half ngata is 10x better than what we have or have had in a looooooong time.

Denver can't stop there either, l hope they cut bait on Warren and try to keep Bunk and Thomas around for a while longer. Denver should be commended for what they were able to do at DT last year, everybody knew they have nothing at DT and we were all baffled that they did nothing at DT in the draft.

Bunkley, Thomas and McBean were pretty solid, imo, ignoring that and starting over would be stupid.

My dream of pairing Calais Campbell with Doom and Miller on passing downs will die on the vine any day now when Arizona tags him. If Zona would take No25 for Campbell l'd do that in a heartbeat.......

GEM
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
That is who my dad wants. He's been talking about him since freaking October. :lol:

dogfish
02-27-2012, 06:24 PM
if fox wants a kris jenkins starter kit, this looks like the guy. . .

Ziggy
02-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Poe was a first round pick before the combine. Now he's a top 15 pick.

Jsteve01
02-27-2012, 07:47 PM
He killed the combine. T'Amu is still out there and could fill the huge clogger role in the 2nd or 3rd. I really would like to see Doug Martin in a Broncos uni. a steady does of Martin and McGahee would make me very happy

Magnificent Seven
02-27-2012, 08:47 PM
I hope Broncos will draft a stud DT in 1st round.

underrated29
02-27-2012, 09:05 PM
I hope Broncos will draft a stud DT in 1st round.

I really think we do. Unless someone who has no business falls I don't see how we pass it up. They keep mentioning DT and DB. My gut says DB is coming in fa and later pick and DT being early round.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-27-2012, 09:55 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- We saw again at the NFL Scouting Combine on Monday why offensive linemen have to be more athletic: Because the defensive linemen are freaks.

Twenty-seven of the 59 defensive linemen (nearly half) who took part in drills ran sub-5.0 40-yard dashes. Other drills -- jumps, field drills, bench press -- became a playground for some players, most notably Memphis defensive tackle Dontari Poe.

The 6-foot-3 1/2, 346-pound block of granite ran an official time of 4.98 in the 40-yard dash, bench pressed 225 pounds 44 times (tops in this year's combine) and pretty much made himself the most attractive 3-4 nose tackle in the 2012 NFL Draft -- if not the top overall inside tackle, regardless of the front. That alone could make Poe a desired (and inherently wealthy) man come April.

rest - other players mentioned also - http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d8274170c/article/combine-observations-poe-headlines-freakish-dlinemen?module=HP11_content_stream

Dirk
02-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Please oh please EFX solidify the DL this draft and FA!!!

HammeredOut
02-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Stop the pipe dream boys... Poe is going top 15.. So lets get realistic... Who is going to stick around for the end of the 1st round when we draft..

DenBronx
02-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Don't shoot the messenger,

Opposing line coach on Dontari Poe: “He took plays off”

Posted by Evan Silva on February 28, 2012, 11:11 AM EST

Memphis nose tackle Dontari Poe absolutely blew up the Scouting Combine. He was hand timed as fast as 4.87 in the forty-yard dash at 6-foot-4 and 346 pounds. He led every player invited to Indianapolis with 44 reps on the 225-pound bench press.

But can Poe play football, or is he just a workout warrior?

CBS Sports’ Bruce Feldman interviewed one veteran college offensive line coach who game planned against Poe in Conference USA. The position coach gave Poe mixed reviews.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/28/opposing-line-coach-on-dontari-poe-he-took-plays-off/

oubronco
02-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Look like Tarzan play like Jane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0IaNI-3sw4

CoachChaz
02-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Despite his size, I think he'll be better used as a DT instead of at NT. Arms are too short.

Take him top 15 and reap the consequences.

DenBronx
02-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Despite his size, I think he'll be better used as a DT instead of at NT. Arms are too short.

Take him top 15 and reap the consequences.

He will fall out of the top 15....teams arent that stupid.

Oh wait, we still have the raiders in the NFL. :laugh:

oubronco
02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't think he gets pass the Queefs