PDA

View Full Version : Over 10 Teams Want Cutler

WARHORSE
03-20-2009, 02:45 AM
Broncos dance party: Ten teams like Cutler
The team has listened but is telling suitors it wants to keep its angry QB.
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/20/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

If the Broncos decide to formally put Jay Cutler up for trade, they won't have trouble finding partners.
An NFL source said "more than 10" teams have called the Broncos this week inquiring about Cutler.

In most instances, those teams communicated nothing more than interest should Cutler become available. The Broncos have listened but have told all comers their plan is not to trade Cutler. He requested to be traded Sunday. Cutler, 25, threw for a franchise-record 4,526 yards and was named to the Pro

Bowl last season, but his relationship with new coach Josh McDaniels has been sideways since Cutler learned of a trade proposal that would have made former New England quarterback Matt Cassel the Broncos' quarterback. Cutler would have gone to Tampa Bay in the three-team deal.

Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, told NFL.com (http://nfl.com/) on Wednesday the root of his client's discontent was that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen didn't keep his word of retaining his offensive coaching staff intact after firing head coach Mike Shanahan. Instead, Cook said, Bowlen hired McDaniels, an offensive-minded coach who didn't want to keep Shanahan's top quarterback assistant, Jeremy Bates.

However, Cook must have forgotten Cutler signed off on the coaching changes during Super Bowl week, a few days after McDaniels set his staff.
"I talked to him after he got hired and it went really well," Cutler said of McDaniels on Jan. 30. "You know, when we got off the phone, I was excited, I really was. I had a good feeling about it."

Clearly, Cutler's problem is with the trade proposal and how McDaniels has since handled it. McDaniels admitted to Cutler he had interest in Cassel after coaching him the previous three seasons as New England's offensive coordinator. But McDaniels also said his interest never reached a point where he submitted the idea to Bowlen. Cassel was instead traded to Kansas City.

Since then, McDaniels and Cutler have talked twice, one in a conference call, and again Saturday in a meeting that also included Cook and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

Each conversation ended without Cutler not feeling reassured McDaniels trusts him to be his quarterback. After issuing his trade request, Cutler skipped McDaniels' first team meeting Monday and the first week of the team's offseason conditioning program.
A second NFL source said the Broncos remain optimistic about soothing the situation with their quarterback. Team officials do not want to give up on the tantalizing possibility of teaming Cutler's enormous, if not fully developed, talent with a coach who coordinated a New England offense to an NFL record 589 points in 2007.

The Broncos would not be surprised if teams more aggressively pursue Cutler during the NFL owners meetings that begin Sunday in Dana Point, Calif.
Which teams would be interested in Cutler? It might be easier to count the teams who already have franchise quarterbacks. Teams who figure to have untouchable passers are New England (Tom Brady), Indianapolis (Peyton Manning), New Orleans (Drew Brees), the New York Giants (Eli Manning), San Diego (Philip Rivers), Pittsburgh (Ben Roethlisberger), Cincinnati (Carson Palmer), Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers), Atlanta (Matt Ryan) and Baltimore (Joe Flacco).

================================================== =
That would leave 21 teams possibly wanting the young gunslinger.

Kapaibro
03-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Broncos dance party: Ten teams like Cutler
The team has listened but is telling suitors it wants to keep its angry QB.
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/20/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

If the Broncos decide to formally put Jay Cutler up for trade, they won't have trouble finding partners.
An NFL source said "more than 10" teams have called the Broncos this week inquiring about Cutler.

In most instances, those teams communicated nothing more than interest should Cutler become available. The Broncos have listened but have told all comers their plan is not to trade Cutler. He requested to be traded Sunday. Cutler, 25, threw for a franchise-record 4,526 yards and was named to the Pro

Bowl last season, but his relationship with new coach Josh McDaniels has been sideways since Cutler learned of a trade proposal that would have made former New England quarterback Matt Cassel the Broncos' quarterback. Cutler would have gone to Tampa Bay in the three-team deal.

Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, told NFL.com (http://nfl.com/) on Wednesday the root of his client's discontent was that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen didn't keep his word of retaining his offensive coaching staff intact after firing head coach Mike Shanahan. Instead, Cook said, Bowlen hired McDaniels, an offensive-minded coach who didn't want to keep Shanahan's top quarterback assistant, Jeremy Bates.

However, Cook must have forgotten Cutler signed off on the coaching changes during Super Bowl week, a few days after McDaniels set his staff.
"I talked to him after he got hired and it went really well," Cutler said of McDaniels on Jan. 30. "You know, when we got off the phone, I was excited, I really was. I had a good feeling about it."

Clearly, Cutler's problem is with the trade proposal and how McDaniels has since handled it. McDaniels admitted to Cutler he had interest in Cassel after coaching him the previous three seasons as New England's offensive coordinator. But McDaniels also said his interest never reached a point where he submitted the idea to Bowlen. Cassel was instead traded to Kansas City.

Since then, McDaniels and Cutler have talked twice, one in a conference call, and again Saturday in a meeting that also included Cook and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

Each conversation ended without Cutler not feeling reassured McDaniels trusts him to be his quarterback. After issuing his trade request, Cutler skipped McDaniels' first team meeting Monday and the first week of the team's offseason conditioning program.
A second NFL source said the Broncos remain optimistic about soothing the situation with their quarterback. Team officials do not want to give up on the tantalizing possibility of teaming Cutler's enormous, if not fully developed, talent with a coach who coordinated a New England offense to an NFL record 589 points in 2007.

The Broncos would not be surprised if teams more aggressively pursue Cutler during the NFL owners meetings that begin Sunday in Dana Point, Calif.
Which teams would be interested in Cutler? It might be easier to count the teams who already have franchise quarterbacks. Teams who figure to have untouchable passers are New England (Tom Brady), Indianapolis (Peyton Manning), New Orleans (Drew Brees), the New York Giants (Eli Manning), San Diego (Philip Rivers), Pittsburgh (Ben Roethlisberger), Cincinnati (Carson Palmer), Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers), Atlanta (Matt Ryan) and Baltimore (Joe Flacco).

================================================== =
That would leave 21 teams possibly wanting the young gunslinger.

This is the part that I found to be most interesting.

EMB6903
03-20-2009, 03:44 AM
and to think people thought his trade value would drop because of his attitude....

Dirk
03-20-2009, 06:18 AM
Just put the fire out already McD and Jay....let's get to work!

nthngd2say
03-20-2009, 06:47 AM
and to think people thought his trade value would drop because of his attitude....

An local "expert" on the forums has assured me on multiple occasions that the phone isn't ringing for Cutler and that Cutler - at best - is worth a low 1st rounder[maybe] or a 2nd rounder. This "expert" also offered the notion that Bowlen is the executive/NFL source who has been stating Cutler is worth multiple 1st rounders let alone anything else. The "expert" says the speculation is nothing more than "press rumors" to sell papers to people like us. The "expert" also rounded out his very well thought posts stating that teams trading for Cutler won't consider his low salary of less than $2 million for 2009 as another reason to offer that 2nd rounder Cutler is barely worth. The "expert" considers the notion that Cutler would garner anything more than a low 1st rounder[maybe] or a 2nd rounder laughable and "patently absurd". So hopefully that clears things up....

Den21vsBal19
03-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Big difference between trade value, and trade interest

nthngd2say
03-20-2009, 07:42 AM
This is also something like the 5th time this week an article has stated that the Broncos are not interested in trading Cutler or entertaining offers. I still say unless Jay says he's done and will hold out, he doesn't get traded.

claymore
03-20-2009, 07:44 AM
This is also something like the 5th time this week an article has stated that the Broncos are not interested in trading Cutler or entertaining offers. I still say unless Jay says he's done and will hold out, he doesn't get traded.

If he does, and we trade him.... (Which the thought makes me sick....) I would love if we ended up with Curry, Crabtree and Raji/Moreno..... That would be one sweet ass draft.

But, I vomit in my mouth thinking of Simms as our starter.

nthngd2say
03-20-2009, 07:53 AM
If he does, and we trade him.... (Which the thought makes me sick....) I would love if we ended up with Curry, Crabtree and Raji/Moreno..... That would be one sweet ass draft.

Simms certainly has his own issues[not playing a meaningful down since 2006 for starters] and is not Cutler. IF a trade happens, common sense and those papers for "people like me" say the Broncos won't move forward with only Simms and Hackney. Nothing is certain though.

atwater27
03-20-2009, 08:23 AM
An local "expert" on the forums has assured me on multiple occasions that the phone isn't ringing for Cutler and that Cutler - at best - is worth a low 1st rounder[maybe] or a 2nd rounder. This "expert" also offered the notion that Bowlen is the executive/NFL source who has been stating Cutler is worth multiple 1st rounders let alone anything else. The "expert" says the speculation is nothing more than "press rumors" to sell papers to people like us. The "expert" also rounded out his very well thought posts stating that teams trading for Cutler won't consider his low salary of less than $2 million for 2009 as another reason to offer that 2nd rounder Cutler is barely worth. The "expert" considers the notion that Cutler would garner anything more than a low 1st rounder[maybe] or a 2nd rounder laughable and "patently absurd". So hopefully that clears things up....

Laughing. My. Ass. Off. :rolleyes::coffee:

BigDaddyBronco
03-20-2009, 08:33 AM

Yea, Charger fans are idiots.

Northman
03-20-2009, 08:41 AM

You arent a little bit curious to see what he might be able to do in this offense? Im at least a little peaked. As much as i love Jay i cant say that being in Tampa has been good for any Qb including Garcia. Maybe i just have a soft spot for the kid i dont know.

Medford Bronco
03-20-2009, 08:56 AM

Something we definately agree on

Medford Bronco
03-20-2009, 08:57 AM
You arent a little bit curious to see what he might be able to do in this offense? Im at least a little peaked. As much as i love Jay i cant say that being in Tampa has been good for any Qb including Garcia. Maybe i just have a soft spot for the kid i dont know.

I would rather Garcia than Simms Northman. At least he is a proven winner
and does not make bad decisions.

Garcia as a bridge to a new young QB if that is the route we take

CoachChaz
03-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Garcia is very accurate and thletic and a good leader. If we have to trade Jay (dont want to), I would absolutely love having Garcia bridge the gap.

EMB6903
03-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Garcia is very accurate and thletic and a good leader. If we have to trade Jay (dont want to), I would absolutely love having Garcia bridge the gap.

Garcia can only fit in a west coast scheme, that has been proven.

He would be horrible in Mcdaniels system, I think we would be better off with Simms if it were between the two.

CoachChaz
03-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Garcia can only fit in a west coast scheme, that has been proven.

He would be horrible in Mcdaniels system, I think we would be better off with Simms if it were between the two.

I dont know that I'd say he would be horrible. Even in a spread offense, the QB isnt always required to make the big play. If Cassell is as overrated as he's made out to be on this board, then Garcia can fill in nicely

nthngd2say
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Laughing. My. Ass. Off. :rolleyes::coffee:

Not amusing? Well, I guess they can't all be winners.

Besides getting carried away with the Dolts fan, I was just pointing out there's more information than not supporting that Cutler should net us more than just another QB[whether its Quinn, Campbell, Cassel, etc] or relatively minimal draft compensation[only a 1st or 2nd]. I don't disagree that if Cutler or the Broncos publicly state that Jay is no longer the QB here that his trade value will lessen significantly but that has not happened. I am also hoping - as a Broncos fan - that the Broncos don't just trade Cutler for a draft pick only [leaving us with Simms & Hackney] or just another QB who is not a proven starter or who is deemed to have less talent and/or is older than Cutler. I also believe that the Broncos will remain competitive even if Cutler is dealt and we will not become the Denver Lions. I think our chances of being a playoff team are much better with Cutler than without but we made the playoffs with Bubby, Gus, and Griese. I also have no idea what the Broncos might get in return for Cutler which could impact how successful the trade could end up being viewed. I just prefer to have the majority opinion be that if Cutler is traded that the Broncos got fair or great value for him rather than being fleeced because they had to move him. But as the saying goes, hope in one hand and pooh in the other...

I also don't think Cutler will be traded.

getlynched47
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
sucks for them, because they arent getting him :coffee:

NameUsedBefore
03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
If his value was what many here assume it to be, I think Cutler would already be gone.

getlynched47
03-20-2009, 11:54 AM
If his value was what many here assume it to be, I think Cutler would already be gone.

Cutler's value is on the rise...contrary to what other reports were saying.

Now more teams know about Cutler potentially being tradable, so they will begin the bidding with multiple high draft picks and prime players...

NameUsedBefore
03-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Cutler's value is on the rise...contrary to what other reports were saying.

Now more teams know about Cutler potentially being tradable, so they will begin the bidding with multiple high draft picks and prime players...

Ja.

Somehow, Cutler is both a primadonna who throws INTs and can't win games, and also carries an immense amount of value throughout the league. While I get why people are fed up with Cutler, it's kind of dumb to assume because you are emotionally pissed at him that his value is low. 25-yr old talents like Cutler do not go on the cheap.

getlynched47
03-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Ja.

Somehow, Cutler is both a primadonna who throws INTs and can't win games, and also carries an immense amount of value throughout the league. While I get why people are fed up with Cutler, it's kind of dumb to assume because you are emotionally pissed at him that his value is low. 25-yr old talents like Cutler do not go on the cheap.

that's not fair.

If you look to Cutler's attempts-to-interceptions ratio,
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f4df92&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Sure, he threw 18 interceptions, which is unacceptable, but his ratio of picks to attempts was 1:34, which tells a slightly different story. Last season, Brees had an interception every 37 pass attempts. Favre's ratio was 1:23, and Roethlisberger's was 1:31. Cutler's career ratio is 1:33.

and then his defense never helped him play with a lead or anything:

Take a look at what he did in 2008 and consider that the Broncos' defense was ranked 29th overall and last in creating turnovers with just 13 takeaways. They were 30th in points allowed.

NameUsedBefore
03-20-2009, 12:05 PM
That's a popular view, not my own.

getlynched47
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
That's a popular view, not my own.

Good :D

Lonestar
03-20-2009, 12:16 PM

So you think we would not have gotten better value for him if he had not actted like petulant 13 year old girl.

nthngd2say
03-20-2009, 12:23 PM

Like I said before, I have no idea what Cutler's value is. I don't have NFL sources or know someone who knows someone who works for the Broncos. So I base my opinions on what is said/written that Cutler's value is expected to be from mostly credible sources like the DP, ESPN, NFL.com and other teams' sports writers. The reports could be wrong for sure. I also don't dispute that should Cutler say publicly that he will hold out or the Broncos make it known they have decided Cutler must be traded then Cutler's value likely will drop significantly. Being a Broncos fan, I hope we get more from him but I have no idea if that will actually happen should Cutler be traded.

LRtagger
03-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Put him on eBay

fcspikeit
03-20-2009, 12:45 PM
But McDaniels also said his interest never reached a point where he submitted the idea to Bowlen.
This is the part that I found to be most interesting.

Are you kidding me? So McDaniels looked into trading Cutler without talking to Pat?

McDaniels himself said, "We were late to the dance.". which would suggest what Wlckoxs said on NFLN Total access last night, "McDaniels shouldn't have called about getting Cassel"..

At best McDaniels was looking into the trade enough to know he was to late.. Now we know he did all this without Bowlens permission. Bowlen himself probably doesn't know how serious McKid was about trading Cutler..

The truth is coming out!

CoachChaz
03-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Are you kidding me? So McDaniels looked into trading Cutler without talking to Pat?

McDaniels himself said, "We were late to the dance.". which would suggest what Wlckoxs said on NFLN Total access last night, "McDaniels shouldn't have called about getting Cassel"..

At best McDaniels was looking into the trade enough to know it was to late.. Now we know he did all this without Bowlens permission. Bowlen himself probably doesn't know how serious McKid was about trading Cutler..

Speculation. You cant take two statements or ideas and assume the content, then fill in the blanks and call it fact.

NightTrainLayne
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM

At best McDaniels was looking into the trade enough to know he was to late.. Now we know he did all this without Bowlens permission. Bowlen himself probably doesn't know how serious McKid was about trading Cutler..

The truth is coming out!

I think the relevant point is that McDaniels didn't really think about trading Cutler seriously. . that's why Pat wasn't bothered with it.

Sheesh. .. can we figure out any way to twist these words anymore.

Yesterday, when my dog dug a third hole in the back yard in as many days I thought about killing it. But I wasn't serious enough to mention it to my wife. I sure hope she doesn't find that out, or she might divorce me for keeping secrets from her.. .. Can you imagine? How could I keep something like that from her if I was seriously considering it?

. .. oh, right, I didn't seriously consider it, so I didn't bother her with that info. :coffee:

LRtagger
03-20-2009, 02:20 PM

I would like to know who this is...

Schaub was traded to Houston only two years ago. He was a backup in Atlanta behind Vick and Atlanta got TWO SECOND ROUNDERS. To say Cutler doesn't hold as much value as MATT SCHAUB is laughable.

As much as I don't like bringing up Jeff George when talking about Cutler, I suspect if Denver does deal Jay they will be looking for something similar to the Jeff George trade.

A first and a player at the very least...a first this year and next seems like it would work, too.

If Bowlen and McD agree to trade Jay for only a second rounder, it would be the worst trade in NFL history.

nthngd2say
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM

Schaub was traded to Houston only two years ago. He was a backup in Atlanta behind Vick and Atlanta got TWO SECOND ROUNDERS. To say Cutler doesn't hold as much value as MATT SCHAUB is laughable.

As much as I don't like bringing up Jeff George when talking about Cutler, I suspect if Denver does deal Jay they will be looking for something similar to the Jeff George trade.

A first and a player at the very least...a first this year and next seems like it would work, too.

If Bowlen and McD agree to trade Jay for only a second rounder, it would be the worst trade in NFL history.

That post was supposed to be humorous on my part and the "expert" was BoltsDontOwnU.

CoachChaz
03-20-2009, 02:31 PM

By comparison, does Cutler have MORE value than Shaub at this point?

LRtagger
03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
By comparison, does Cutler have MORE value than Shaub at this point?

Easily.

CoachChaz
03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Easily.

Based on what?

Playing Devil's Advocate

fcspikeit
03-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Speculation. You cant take two statements or ideas and assume the content, then fill in the blanks and call it fact.

At this point it's hard to call anything "fact".. Cutler comes right out and says something and people still say it isn't fact because Cutler is making this all up to get more money.

McDaniels comes out and says, "We never wanted to trade Cutler" that's only a fact if he is telling the truth which we don't know for sure if either one is telling the truth. So fact really has nothing to do with any of this..

It's all opinion and speculation.. All one can do is add the pieces together to try and get a better look at the picture...

fcspikeit
03-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I think the relevant point is that McDaniels didn't really think about trading Cutler seriously. . that's why Pat wasn't bothered with it.

Yesterday, when my dog dug a third hole in the back yard in as many days I thought about killing it. But I wasn't serious enough to mention it to my wife. I sure hope she doesn't find that out, or she might divorce me for keeping secrets from her.. .. Can you imagine? How could I keep something like that from her if I was seriously considering it?

. .. oh, right, I didn't seriously consider it, so I didn't bother her with that info. :coffee:

The question is, after the dog runs off because you chased it around the yard and your wife is left wondering why the dog is gone. Will you tell her or let her continue to blame the dog? :D

CoachChaz
03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
At this point it's hard to call anything "fact".. Cutler comes right out and says something and people still say it isn't fact because Cutler is making this all up to get more money.

McDaniels comes out and says, "We never wanted to trade Cutler" that's only a fact if he is telling the truth which we don't know for sure if either one is telling the truth. So fact really has nothing to do with any of this..

It's all opinion and speculation.. All one can do is add the pieces together to try and get a better look at the picture...

Completely agree...and I guess that's why I'm so curious that anyone can decisively say that one side or the other is right or wrong.

I've seen as much BS as the next guy and the only thing I can say for sure is that Jay isn't happy and he and/or Cook feel compelled to drag this through the media. If i have a problem with Jay...that is it. Something that could be taken care of in house has become a dramatic affair that could potentially create rifts in the locker room. His fault? If what he says is true, then maybe not, but he didnt have to throw the organization under the bus.

So, I'll sit where I am until one side or the other shows me anything factual to prove their side. I dont know which side to believe and cant understand how anyone else can either. I guess that's where I'm jaded.

WARHORSE
03-20-2009, 03:23 PM

Bridge the gap to what?

Years of searching for a Cutler?

CoachChaz
03-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Bridge the gap to what?

Years of searching for a Cutler?

Like I said IF WE HAVE TO trade Cutler.

I would definitely prefer to keep Jay here, but if that just absolutely CANNOT happen, then I'd like to see Garcia in town to bridge the gap.

But remember...it doesnt take a God like Cutler to kick ass in this system, so the requirements will be lower.

LRtagger
03-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Based on what?

Playing Devil's Advocate

Well, Schaub doesn't have the skillset of Cutler...IMO he is not as mobile, doesn't have the arm...although he makes fewer mistakes. Schaub is more fragile (Jay has not missed a start in 2+ years. Schaub has missed something like 10 or so starts in two years as a starter).

At the same time, the biggest knock on Jay is his w/l record and the fact that he hasnt been to or won any playoff games. But when comparing to Schaub, this is moot because Schaub's w/l is bad (even when he plays well).

Schaub has never been close to a pro-bowl nor is he the type of player that can carry a team to victory. When Schaub was traded for two seconds, he hadn't even cemented himself as a legitamite franchise type QB (at least not in my mind)....not close to the extent that Jay has. Schaub's claim to fame when he was traded was a SINGLE start against the Patriots where he threw for 300 yards and a couple TDs....FYI the Falcons lost this game.

I think if you asked 32 head coaches or GMs in the league who they would rather have, 90% would say Cutler. If Schaub garnered two second rounders as a backup with limited exposure (plus Atlanta moved up two spots in the first round from the trade), Jay should get at LEAST a first and second.

In my opinion, of course :)

CoachChaz
03-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Well, Schaub doesn't have the skillset of Cutler...IMO he is not as mobile, doesn't have the arm...although he makes fewer mistakes. Schaub is more fragile (Jay has not missed a start in 2+ years. Schaub has missed something like 10 or so starts in two years as a starter).

At the same time, the biggest knock on Jay is his w/l record and the fact that he hasnt been to or won any playoff games. But when comparing to Schaub, this is moot because Schaub's w/l is bad (even when he plays well).

Schaub has never been close to a pro-bowl nor is he the type of player that can carry a team to victory. When Schaub was traded for two seconds, he hadn't even cemented himself as a legitamite franchise type QB (at least not in my mind)....not close to the extent that Jay has. Schaub's claim to fame when he was traded was a SINGLE start against the Patriots where he threw for 300 yards and a couple TDs....FYI the Falcons lost this game.

I think if you asked 32 head coaches or GMs in the league who they would rather have, 90% would say Cutler. If Schaub garnered two second rounders as a backup with limited exposure (plus Atlanta moved up two spots in the first round from the trade), Jay should get at LEAST a first and second.

In my opinion, of course :)

Fair enough...I'll buy it.

I think the thing that I look at the most when comparing is the injuries. I dont doubt that Shaub could very well have taken Jay's Pro-Bowl spot had he stayed healthy

WARHORSE
03-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Based on what?

Playing Devil's Advocate

Based on his play up to this point of his career, and the still present exponential potential of even greater play.

And based on what Schaub had accomplished to that point in his career.

Its not even close.

Gamechanger
03-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Based on what?

Playing Devil's Advocate

Durability

weazel
03-20-2009, 04:17 PM

you could have cooked him up and fed him to your wife. Now thats good eat'n.

EMB6903
03-20-2009, 04:32 PM
So you think we would not have gotten better value for him if he had not actted like petulant 13 year old girl.

It doesnt matter right now how Jay acts, like Ive said before if they want to know how Cutler really acts they will go and ask a potential Hall Of Famer who coached Cutler for 3 years to ask how Jay Cutler was as a player not base it off some BS off season drama that 2 rookies couldnt handle.

I bet there isnt 1 team who has lost interest in dealing for Jay because of his attitude... he never had any problems before we hired some 32 year old rookie.

fcspikeit
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Completely agree...and I guess that's why I'm so curious that anyone can decisively say that one side or the other is right or wrong.

I've seen as much BS as the next guy and the only thing I can say for sure is that Jay isn't happy and he and/or Cook feel compelled to drag this through the media. If i have a problem with Jay...that is it. Something that could be taken care of in house has become a dramatic affair that could potentially create rifts in the locker room. His fault? If what he says is true, then maybe not, but he didnt have to throw the organization under the bus.

So, I'll sit where I am until one side or the other shows me anything factual to prove their side. I dont know which side to believe and cant understand how anyone else can either. I guess that's where I'm jaded.

Well that will never happen without it coming out in the media..

If Cutler hadn't brought this out with the media, then everyone heard he wasn't coming to the meeting on monday... You would take his side? Do you think more people would be siding with him or less?

We would have no idea what the hell was going on or what Cutlers side even was.. Everyone would just assume he didn't want to play for McDaniels..

I don't think everything was handled right by Cutler. I would have liked to see him show up to the meeting saying, this is my team! If McDaniels wants me out he will have to trade me because I want to be a Bronco..

This is where I think you and I differ. You believe Cutler isn't here because he doesn't want to be here and I believe Cutler isn't here because McDaniels didn't want him here.

I have yet to hear McDaniels say he wanted Cutler to come to the meeting. Have you heard that? I heard someone on the phone told Cutler to come to the meeting, the same it was said someone told Jay he wasn't going to be traded in the same conversation. Then it was said Bowlen told Jay that, not McDaniels. Xman supposedly told Jays agent when he requested the trade to come to the meeting also.

Cutler also said "As Coach said, he wants every eye in the meeting to be on him and not me" When he was asked if he was coming on Monday.. That to me sounds like McDaniels asked Cutler not to come with all that is going on..

When they talked to McDaniels on Sunday, did he ever once say Jay come to the meeting? Or I asked Jay to come to the meeting?

If you look at how McDaniels has handled things, I think he truly believes there was nothing wrong with him looking into trading Cutler. He doesn't feel Cutler has the right to question him. Has he once said I understand why Cutler is upset? He already at least played with the idea of trading Cutler, so I'm assuming he thinks he can win without him. So why would he want to take a guy on who has already proven he will question his authority and position as head coach?

That's the thing. If McDaniels doesn't feel what he has done was wrong, he will do it again. Isn't that a lot of what Cutler is saying. He has a problem with the lack of commitment shown to him by mcDaniels. If McDaniels can't see what he did was a lack of commitment or he just doesn't feel he should have to commit to Cutler. There really is nothing going to stop him from making a trade in the future if he feels it's in the best interest of the team.. Cutler believes he has more value then that and he believes there are a lot of other teams that are willing to give him more of a commitment then that.. So he is saying, if I don't really mean that much to you, let me go play for one of those teams..