PDA

View Full Version : Lets Move to RECONCILE McDaniels and Cutler

WARHORSE
03-20-2009, 02:16 AM
This is what I want to hear about. Reconciliation of the F.O. with Cutler.
Lets get it done McDaniels.

"A second NFL source said the Broncos remain optimistic about soothing the situation with their quarterback. Team officials do not want to give up on the tantalizing possibility of teaming Cutler's enormous, if not fully developed, talent with a coach who coordinated a New England offense to an NFL record 589 points in 2007. "

Count me as one of those 'team officials'.

McDaniels: Teach the offense to Cutler.........help tweak his game and make him better. Concentrate on the defensive side of the ball.

Cutler: Learn the offense. Make better decisions, take better care of the ball. Keep mouth closed, back up McDaniels when he chews you out in practices and tape sessions. Remember the C on your chest, which doesnt stand for Cutler.........Lead the team.

WARHORSE
03-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Checked out. According to a report on NFL.com (http://nfl.com/), scouts from the Broncos and the New England Patriots each worked out West Virginia quarterback Pat White on Wednesday. White, who ran a spread-option offense in college, participated in the NFL combine last month as a quarterback, but scouts are also evaluating him as a wide receiver.

An all around player who has run the spread. I think he would be a versatile weapon with possible QB upside.

chazoe60
03-20-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm with you on the reconciling idea. I hope they can move past this and just kick ass like I was fantasizing about when we first hired McD.

Dirk
03-20-2009, 06:09 AM
:beer:

JKcatch724
03-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Keep the guy on the roster for **** sake. Time heals all wounds.... right?

Northman
03-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Your best thread yet.

scott.475
03-20-2009, 09:40 AM
The next time McD and Jay talk the Broncos need to have one of the Sopranos in the room. If the word "trade" or anything similar comes out of McD's mouth...well, I am not saying they should go Scarface shower stall on him, but taking out a kneecap should be authorized.

Superchop 7
03-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Jay needs to tell them to go pound sand.

He is risking millions of dollars playing for that crappy contract, better to sit.

getlynched47
03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm down for reconciling...

fcspikeit
03-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Jay needs to tell them to go pound sand.

He is risking millions of dollars playing for that crappy contract, better to sit.

I hate this shit! I want him to play damn it :banghead:

The worst thing about this is your right :sad: As much as I want him to play, it really is in his best interest's to go to a team who treats their players with more respect and will give him a new deal..

There is one reason for him to stay and play one more year that would be in his best interest's.. If he can have a good-great year he will be worth more and it will be an uncapped year. So if it's really about wanting more money, he should suck it up come to work then next year depending on how he feels about McDaniels and Bowlen he can give them the chance to pay him what he's worth or start talking about forcing a trade...

After looking at the situation it's clear all this trade talk is lead by emotion. If it really were just about money as some want to believe, it makes more since for Cutler to not want a new deal this year.. If he gets locked down now to a new long term deal, he will miss out on the potently huge payday that could come next year in the uncapped year..

WARHORSE
03-20-2009, 04:19 PM

The worst thing about this is your right :sad: As much as I want him to play, it really is in his best interest's to go to a team who treats their players with more respect and will give him a new deal..

There is one reason for him to stay and play one more year that would be in his best interest's.. If he can have a good-great year he will be worth more and it will be an uncapped year. So if it's really about wanting more money, he should suck it up come to work then next year depending on how he feels about McDaniels and Bowlen he can give them the chance to pay him what he's worth or start talking about forcing a trade...

After looking at the situation it's clear all this trade talk is lead by emotion. If it really were just about money as some want to believe, it makes more since for Cutler to not want a new deal this year.. If he gets locked down now to a new long term deal, he will miss out on the potently huge payday that could come next year in the uncapped year..

Sorry, if things can be worked out, no team offers him more than the Denver Broncos.

None.

If Cutler is smart, he comes in, lights it up, leads the team with poise, fire, competetiveness, and class, takes the team into the playoffs at minimum, and beats teams the likes of which are throughout our schedule this year INCLUDING NE, then he will be set to become the highest paid flamethrower in the league.

On top of that, right now the ENTIRE football nation is waiting to hear words straight from his lips. If he comes out, doesnt back down, but is HUMBLE............THEN does what I said above........the entire nation will take notice, cause the entire nation is galvanized on him right now.

If Bus Cook is a really good agent, he will realize that the opportunity that presents itself for Cutlers behalf is tremendous. People have chosen sides across the entire country of media illustrated livingrooms.

If Cutler comes back, leads like a humble yet FANG FILLED LION, he will become a national hero.

People love this, including me.

BigDaddyBronco
03-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Maybe Cutler will fire Bus Cook. Can a man hope and dream?

ikillz0mbies
03-20-2009, 04:26 PM
So say the Broncos keep Cutler and everything is all fine and dandy. Cutler keeps his mouth shut and McDaniels grows a pair and fixes his mistakes. I think the Broncos should still draft Pat White and use him in an Antwan Randle-El role. Use him as a receiver/QB and the Broncos offense will be VERY dynamic and explosive. It gets me giddy just thinking about it.

GEM
03-20-2009, 04:39 PM

That's BS right there...he signed an effing contract. If it isn't in your best interest for every year you are under contract....DON'T AGREE TO IT! It's a pretty simple notion.

Magnificent Seven
03-20-2009, 04:56 PM

"A second NFL source said the Broncos remain optimistic about soothing the situation with their quarterback. Team officials do not want to give up on the tantalizing possibility of teaming Cutler's enormous, if not fully developed, talent with a coach who coordinated a New England offense to an NFL record 589 points in 2007. "

Count me as one of those 'team officials'.

McDaniels: Teach the offense to Cutler.........help tweak his game and make him better. Concentrate on the defensive side of the ball.

Cutler: Learn the offense. Make better decisions, take better care of the ball. Keep mouth closed, back up McDaniels when he chews you out in practices and tape sessions. Remember the C on your chest, which doesnt stand for Cutler.........Lead the team.

Nice post.

fcspikeit
03-20-2009, 09:48 PM
That's BS right there...he signed an effing contract. If it isn't in your best interest for every year you are under contract....DON'T AGREE TO IT! It's a pretty simple notion.

So what happens when the player hits the mother load at the end of his contract GEM? The team agreed to it right? Yet every flippen year we see guys get cut because the team doesn't want to pay out on the contract they offered.. Just like the Colts and Harrison...

Teams are always throwing out players before the end of their contracts in the name of whats best for the team and it's supposed to be ok because it's just a business.. Yet if a player wants more money or wants to be traded in the name of his best interest, he's supposed to be loyal and committed to the team? I'll tell you whats BS.. Fans actually accept that shit!

MOtorboat
03-20-2009, 09:57 PM

This doesn't rest on McDaniels' shoulders anymore. Time for Cutler to grow up.

Simple Jaded
03-20-2009, 10:40 PM
This doesn't rest on McDaniels' shoulders anymore. Time for Cutler to grow up.

You're right about one thing, if this is going to happen it'll be because of Jay Cutler, Doogie simply doesn't have it in him to fix the ******* mess he made.......Doogie is knee deep in a puddle of shit and he doesn't have the shoes for it.

He needs to stop asking himself what Bill Belicheat would do but won't.......fixing this is all on Jay Cutler, the problem is, with all that's happened and with the way fans you like act, he has no reason to want to reconcile.

So blame Cutler, that's very popular, but this is Doogie's ******* mess and he is too stupid to clean it up......

MOtorboat
03-20-2009, 10:47 PM
You're right about one thing, if this is going to happen it'll be because of Jay Cutler, Doogie simply doesn't have it in him to fix the ******* mess he made.......Doogie is knee deep in a puddle of shit and he doesn't have the shoes for it.

He needs to stop asking himself what Bill Belicheat would do but won't.......fixing this is all on Jay Cutler, the problem is, with all that's happened and with the way fans you like act, he has no reason to want to reconcile.

So blame Cutler, that's very popular, but this is Doogie's ******* mess and he is too stupid to clean it up......

"Doogie" didn't do anything wrong, and that's where you're wrong.

Doogie didn't do anything that ALL general managers/coaches haven't done. Period. I'm surprised at the utter stupidity around here. He entertained a trade. He said no. It's that ******* simple. Some people just aren't that smart.

Buff
03-20-2009, 10:58 PM

:uh:

Right, we're the irrational group.

fcspikeit
03-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Sorry, if things can be worked out, no team offers him more than the Denver Broncos.

None.

If Cutler is smart, he comes in, lights it up, leads the team with poise, fire, competetiveness, and class, takes the team into the playoffs at minimum, and beats teams the likes of which are throughout our schedule this year INCLUDING NE, then he will be set to become the highest paid flamethrower in the league.

On top of that, right now the ENTIRE football nation is waiting to hear words straight from his lips. If he comes out, doesnt back down, but is HUMBLE............THEN does what I said above........the entire nation will take notice, cause the entire nation is galvanized on him right now.

If Bus Cook is a really good agent, he will realize that the opportunity that presents itself for Cutlers behalf is tremendous. People have chosen sides across the entire country of media illustrated livingrooms.

If Cutler comes back, leads like a humble yet FANG FILLED LION, he will become a national hero.

People love this, including me.

That's pretty much what I said..

We'll see how all this turns out... The Broncos brass can still make this right.. I really hope they do...

MOtorboat
03-20-2009, 11:04 PM
That's pretty much what I said..

Will see how all this turns out... The Broncos brass can still make this right.. I really hope they do...

I fail to see how this is their fault. They entertained offers, and they said no. Jay Cutler and his agent are acting like children. The only people that should need to reconcile things are Bus Cook and Jay Cutler. They need to grow up.