PDA

View Full Version : D-Line / LB's & the Red Zone

eessydo
10-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I have been reading through this years statistics to date and a couple things are just painfully clear, our run defense is horrible and our red zone attack is ineffective.

Amazingly enough we have one of the highest pass rated defenses, which I currently think is an anomaly. We rarely put a quarterback on his rear therefore making it next to impossible for our DB's to maintain coverage, but since our front line is swiss cheese against the run, who needs to pass?

Couple that with a top ten offensive machine, that looks unbelievable moving up and down the field until we get inside the 20 and you have our biggest issues.

Put that together with our -5 takeaway/giveaway statistic and you have our 2-3 Broncos.

We have a very good offense, we just need to protect the ball and put it in the endzone inside the 20. If we just had an average run defense at this point we would clearly be playoff contenders.

:defense::ahhhhh::whoknows::banghead:

Lonestar
10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
I have been reading through this years statistics to date and a couple things are just painfully clear, our run defense is horrible and our red zone attack is ineffective.

Amazingly enough we have one of the highest pass rated defenses, which I currently think is an anomaly. We rarely put a quarterback on his rear therefore making it next to impossible for our DB's to maintain coverage, but since our front line is swiss cheese against the run, who needs to pass?

Couple that with a top ten offensive machine, that looks unbelievable moving up and down the field until we get inside the 20 and you have our biggest issues.

Put that together with our -5 takeaway/giveaway statistic and you have our 2-3 Broncos.

We have a very good offense, we just need to protect the ball and put it in the endzone inside the 20. If we just had an average run defense at this point we would clearly be playoff contenders.

:defense::ahhhhh::whoknows::banghead:

The real reason we are as good in the pass defense is frankly they do not have to pass to move the ball they simply run it down our throats.

We are two real plays away from being 0-5..

jlarsiii
10-16-2007, 02:34 PM
The real reason we are as good in the pass defense is frankly they do not have to pass to move the ball they simply run it down our throats.

We are two real plays away from being 0-5..

It makes me wonder if we would be better off actually being 0-5 at this point????

Lonestar
10-16-2007, 02:44 PM
It makes me wonder if we would be better off actually being 0-5 at this point????

Well the extreme odds of making the playoffs in this division as we speak would make the 0-5 at least worth the while of getting a great draft choice that is if Mikey does not blow it on a some other loser.

But the thought of having 3 choices in the top 100 prospects would make it worthwhile IMHO.

Stargazer
10-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Shanahan has been holding Jay back in the red zone. Why? I have no clue. Javon being out hasn't helped. And the middle of the field in the red zone is rarely used. Maybe Schef coming back now will help solve this problem. It's bizarre how much this team struggles, and I think it's a combination of playcalling and key players being out with injury, thus Shanahan going the conservative route. Now with a healthy Schef/Javon and the team still bust in the red zone, I fully blame the coaching staff with the playcalling.

Stargazer
10-16-2007, 07:58 PM

Why? The Broncos are only a half game out of first place. Win Sunday night vs the Steelers and this team is back on track to contend for the AFC West Title.

Lonestar
10-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Why? The Broncos are only a half game out of first place. Win Sunday night vs the Steelers and this team is back on track to contend for the AFC West Title.

Your a real glass is a 1/8 full kinda guy.

What make you remotely think we can beat PIT even at home?