PDA

View Full Version : Allen believes Miller's talent off the charts

Denver Native (Carol)
02-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Having seen Broncos linebacker Von Miller's rookie season up close as Denver's defensive coordinator, new Oakland coach Dennis Allen knows Miller figures to be a thorn in the Raiders' side for years to come. At least, Allen said, if Miller does his part.

"I think Von Miller can be as good as he wants to be," Allen said. "He's going to have to do a lot of work in the offseason, spending time, watching film, studying other players, other linebackers, really kind of studying how offenses operate, how to attack them.

"Really, if he goes back and looks at the whole season, look at how they tried to attack him. If he'll do those things, he's extremely talented, he'll be as good as he wants to be. He may be one of the most talented players that I've ever seen."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20041160

Dirk
02-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah....no problems with me on that #2 pick.

Dzone
02-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Awesome! Hope to see him on next years NFL awards shows getting more hardware. DPOY is his next one, hopefully.

karnage
02-25-2012, 05:34 PM
I live like 2 miles from TAMU, and Miller looks even faster in the NFL than he did going against college offenses....guy is incredible

DenBronx
02-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Miller is incredible and I am very happy with him at #2. He just might be the most valuable player on our defense in a couple of years.

cmc0605
02-26-2012, 04:38 PM
I can't help get the feeling from this that Dennis Allen knows of a work ethic issue in Miller. I only see "can be good as he wants to be" references to guys that are sometimes lazy. Hopefully I'm reading into it wrong.

That said, I was extremely happy with the #2 pick when it happened, and I still am now. He was a freak pass rusher and was a tremendous asset to our mid-season streak in winning games. It's too bad he was essentially playing with one hand toward the later part of the season.

Miller does need to develop more consistency at the non pass-rush aspects of his game, but he will be pro bowl calibur for a while.

cardoso
02-27-2012, 12:09 AM
I can't help get the feeling from this that Dennis Allen knows of a work ethic issue in Miller. I only see "can be good as he wants to be" references to guys that are sometimes lazy. Hopefully I'm reading into it wrong.

That said, I was extremely happy with the #2 pick when it happened, and I still am now. He was a freak pass rusher and was a tremendous asset to our mid-season streak in winning games. It's too bad he was essentially playing with one hand toward the later part of the season.

Miller does need to develop more consistency at the non pass-rush aspects of his game, but he will be pro bowl calibur for a while.

Dude I thought the same thing! I instantly got a feeling of "oh crap, allen must know something about miller we don't." I hope he doesn't have any issues.

GEM
02-27-2012, 01:12 PM
:lol:

Holding bacK the laUghtEr at Some people's Choice to Read between the lineS.

SUCKERS!

jhildebrand
02-28-2012, 05:02 PM
There is some reading between the lines that can be done with Allen's quote. People should be glad he said it too! It will, at least it should, motivate Miller.

Let's not forget Miller was a guy who was yanked and benched in games for over doing it on pass rush and getting burned. The guy has some work to do. Every rookie going into their first off season does.