PDA

View Full Version : Article in Sports Illustrated called "Mile High Low"

East Coast Fan
10-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Saw this article yesterday in Sports Illustrated called "Mile High Low". It talked about our obvious woes so far this season, and quoted Shanahan as saying how embarrased he was about the San Diego game. It also told of a play that had Ian Gold trying to cover one of their slot receivers and giving up a 39 yard play, to which after the game L. Tomlinson alledgedly told some of the Broncos "you guys have to talk to your coaches". Not a very flattering read. :frown:

omac
10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Saw this article yesterday in Sports Illustrated called "Mile High Low". It talked about our obvious woes so far this season, and quoted Shanahan as saying how embarrased he was about the San Diego game. It also told of a play that had Ian Gold trying to cover one of their slot receivers and giving up a 39 yard play, to which after the game L. Tomlinson alledgedly told some of the Broncos "you guys have to talk to your coaches". Not a very flattering read. :frown:

meh ... LT and the Chargers talk way too much, then are either dumbfounded or do a double-take when they get beat.

Dean
10-17-2007, 06:24 AM
[/U]

I probably shouldn't comment in that I have not read the article. IMO the Broncos are not a very flattering team and their play has definitely been embarrasing.

One would have to dig deeply into the archives to find a more humbling defeat than what the Chargers inflicted. The defense :defense: is a shambles- as weak as I have ever seen it and I have been a devoted fan for 40+ years. The offense couples struggling to put points on the board with turnovers. Special teams (what a joke- special) once again are at the bottom and, I fear, sinking deeper. :confused:

Then again I expected Denver to go 11-5 or 12-4 this year. You can take this post with a grain of salt based upon my prediction, I must obviously be a poor evaluator of ability.

Mike
10-17-2007, 08:13 AM
meh ... LT and the Chargers talk way too much, then are either dumbfounded or do a double-take when they get beat.

I don't think LT was talking smack. He was telling the truth. The coaches job are to put the players in the best position to succeed. Matching Gold against a WR (Jackson was their #1 I think?) did not put him in a position to do well. As far as I am concerned, LT was right on the money.

East Coast Fan
10-17-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't think LT was talking smack. He was telling the truth. The coaches job are to put the players in the best position to succeed. Matching Gold against a WR (Jackson was their #1 I think?) did not put him in a position to do well. As far as I am concerned, LT was right on the money.

Exactly correct-the way it was worded meant that L.T. actually was questioning why Denver was doing some of the things that they were doing. He probably felt sorry for them and knows that they are better than this. He wasn't being wise about it at all.