PDA

View Full Version : Broncos unlikely to trade up in NFL Draft

TXBRONC
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Broncos unlikely to trade up in NFL Draft
Posted: 02/23/2012 09:00:00 PM MST By Jeff Legwold

Q: Because the Broncos did so well last season after a slow start, their draft spot is now No. 25, not a good place to build the team. Can we expect Denver to trade up to get a better pick? How far, and for what position? Personally, I would love to see (the Broncos) get a star safety.

A: At the moment, the expectation is any trade the Broncos do make would be done with the idea of getting more picks. One of the issues in trying to trade up is that the value of the picks in the upper half of the first round are drastically higher than the rest of the board.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20031251

I don't expect Denver to trade up at the same time I don't think it would be a total surprise if they trade down.

Lancane
02-24-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't expect Denver to trade up at the same time I don't think it would be a total surprise if they trade down.

I could see us trading down, even out of the first. But most of us know we lack the value to trade up this year.

TXBRONC
02-24-2012, 10:43 AM
I could see us trading down, even out of the first. But most of us know we lack the value to trade up this year.

We just don't have enough draft stock to do it. It's possible to do it but they would end up mortgaging the future and I don't think that's something want to do.

Northman
02-24-2012, 10:49 AM
They would be stupid to trade up.

The Glue Factory
02-24-2012, 11:15 AM
We could trade up a few spots, but I doubt we'd do that unless someone outstanding fell to the 20+ spot and a team ahead of us was interested in the same person.

OrangeHoof
02-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Despite winning the division, I think the Broncos might have had the least talent on the roster in the division last year. Man per man, they really aren't as good as the Chargers or a healthy Chiefs while the Raiders are talented but rudderless and undisciplined.

The way to improve talent is to move down and get more bodies in the 2-4 rounds then make solid choices. Particularly at #25, a move down for an extra 2nd and 4th is a smart move if they can find a willing partner.

Chef Zambini
02-24-2012, 11:33 AM
you are all AVOIDING the OBVIOUS move of trading TT to the jags for their #7 pick ! if the broncos are confident that they could spring-board into aquiring RG III then this TRADE will happen !
Cleveland will take the #7 and our #25 for their #2 pick,
and we would then select RG III !
there is a way and it is a posibility !
, .. if you want to ignore that possibility, thats ok.

Lancane
02-24-2012, 11:46 AM
you are all AVOIDING the OBVIOUS move of trading TT to the jags for their #7 pick ! if the broncos are confident that they could spring-board into aquiring RG III then this TRADE will happen !

Calm down Chef and put down the controller. Repeat after me, "Madden isn't real", "Madden isn't real". Feel better? ;)

Lancane
02-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Despite winning the division, I think the Broncos might have had the least talent on the roster in the division last year. Man per man, they really aren't as good as the Chargers or a healthy Chiefs while the Raiders are talented but rudderless and undisciplined.

The way to improve talent is to move down and get more bodies in the 2-4 rounds then make solid choices. Particularly at #25, a move down for an extra 2nd and 4th is a smart move if they can find a willing partner.

Actually I could see Denver trading the 25th overall pick to Philadelphia for their 46th and 51st overall picks and therein adding two additional second round picks. Denver could then do the same with their original second round pick as well, trading the 57th overall pick to Chicago for let's say their 74th and 80th overall picks.

Ravage!!!
02-24-2012, 12:22 PM
It all depends on the player we get IF we trade up. Its not stupid if we end up getting an All-pro player. No one would look back and say how "stupid" it was if we ended up with a quality player.

Ravage!!!
02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
I swear to god, if we move up and end up drafting RGIII....

AVOID all clock towers, you never know where I may be!! That may be the straw that makes me snap

dogfish
02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
I swear to god, if we move up and end up drafting RGIII....

AVOID all clock towers, you never know where I may be!! That may be the straw that makes me snap

funny, i've always kinda wondered what it would take. . . :laugh:

FlyByU
02-24-2012, 01:14 PM

thank God for that we can get another QB from FA if needed. We have Weber so let him gets some reps. I like what I seen in Weber even if it was just a very short time the boy has a lot of heart...

Jsteve01
02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Actually I could see Denver trading the 25th overall pick to Philadelphia for their 46th and 51st overall picks and therein adding two additional second round picks. Denver could then do the same with their original second round pick as well, trading the 57th overall pick to Chicago for let's say their 74th and 80th overall picks.

Lan if that happens you can count me as very, very happy.

WARHORSE
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM

The obvious to some.......isnt so obvious to others.

This style of posting, both in composure and content, looks way familiar.

Add the panicky tone, and the consumate ZAMBINI logo and....voila.....chaotic ideas galore.:D

If we trade Tim Tebow and draft RGIII, I will eat your well worn Tebow Jockey shorts.....BLAH!

Wait a minute.:shocked:

I take that back. The Eagles got back together.

Adjustment: If we trade TT and draft RGIII, we'll have a lottery to see who gets to eat your TT Jockey shorts.

Just in case.:coffee:

PAINTERDAVE
02-24-2012, 02:54 PM
thank God for that we can get another QB from FA if needed. We have Weber so let him gets some reps. I like what I seen in Weber even if it was just a very short time the boy has a lot of heart...

There will also be veteran backup QB's that come available in FA AFTER the draft...
from teams that draft new QB's in the early rounds.

red98
02-24-2012, 09:48 PM

I don't think it's "OBVIOUS" but it could happen. I think it's the Rams who have the number 2 pick though.

I don't think it should happen but it's not crazy to think it could.