PDA

View Full Version : Here ya go, Cane

dogfish
02-23-2012, 07:25 PM
you can stop worrying that we want to run the option full time. . . ;)

Denver Broncos head coach John Fox believes those who label Tim Tebow as a "gimmick" quarterback will be proven wrong.

"He is going to be a great quarterback in this league," Fox told me and co-host Bill Polian on Sirius XM NFL Radio at the NFL Scouting Combine. "How long it takes (and) when? I can't tell you. But he's going to be that guy in a regular NFL offense.

"I'm not saying we're going to totally abandon some of those things that present problems for the defense. But it’s going to be important (he grows as a quarterback). He’s going to get the opportunity to improve and show he can make those strides."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Denver-Broncos-John-Fox-Tim-Tebow-passing-style-prove-doubters-wrong-022312

i know you're never going to like tebow, but hopefully putting the option boogieman to rest will help you sleep a little better at night. . . .

:D

:defense:

broncobryce
02-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Heard that this morning. Fox also said they haven't used the full playbook on defense yet, and expects to expand on some of the types of blitzes.

All good news:beer:

Dirk
02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
I am hoping that Fox's problems in Carolina were management/gm driven and that he can turn this team around and create a dynasty with Tebow (or whomever) we have a QB.

Man I hate the break between the SB and Free Agency! LOL

BORDERLINE
02-23-2012, 07:45 PM
If this offense minus the OPTION wins us the division and a playoff game. Will that be a step UP or would we be in the same boat?

Lancane
02-23-2012, 10:56 PM
John Fox believes those who label Tim Tebow as a "gimmick" quarterback will be proven wrong.

Belief is a powerful and dangerous thing...just ask those accused of witchcraft during the 1800's. That said, I hope Tebow does prove us wrong...but I have to wonder what Coach Fox will do if it looks like he's wrong about Timmy?

Fox said Thursday that he expects Tebow to continue evolving into more of a traditional-style NFL as he enters his third season.

"He is going to be a great quarterback in this league," Fox told myself and co-host Bill Polian on Sirius XM NFL Radio at the NFL Scouting Combine. "How long it takes (and) when? I can't tell you. But he's going to be that guy in a regular NFL offense.

It's good that Tebow is receiving such support from the head coach, but the second quote got my attention when compared to the first...he doesn't say for us, the Broncos or organization, but in the league. So we know we'll see a more traditional offense and see what he can do, but notice the beginning of the second sentence in the second quote "How long it takes (and) when? I can't tell you.", that is an open ended statement, the missing part is the 'Where?'. Fox knows his time is limited and that failure won't exactly be a ringing endorsement for a larger, longer contract.

If this offense minus the OPTION wins us the division and a playoff game. Will that be a step UP or would we be in the same boat?

A good question Border, and I'd say it's improvement at the very least.

dogfish
02-23-2012, 11:27 PM
wait. . . cane, are you saying tebow's a witch?

:noidea:

Lancane
02-23-2012, 11:35 PM

:rofl:

No, I was stating that the power of belief doesn't always lead to a just or correct outcome! ;)

dogfish
02-24-2012, 12:37 AM
somebody needs to find out if tebow floats. . .

TXBRONC
02-24-2012, 09:20 AM

Well paraphrasing Jesus, he did say that if your faith is strong enough you tell a mountain to throw itself into the ocean and it will. So if his faith is strong enough.... :D

I might be going WAY OUT on a limb here, but I have hunch that Tebow as strong as Tebow is in faith he probably doesn't float in the air. :D

The Glue Factory
02-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Well paraphrasing Jesus, he did say that if your faith is strong enough you tell a mountain to throw itself into the ocean and it will. So if his faith is strong enough.... :D

I might be going WAY OUT on a limb here, but I have hunch that Tebow as strong as Tebow is in faith he probably doesn't float in the air. :D

Now if he weighs the same as a duck... ;)

BroncoStud
02-24-2012, 11:35 AM

LMAO! LAN actually found a way to compare Tim Tebow to the Salem Witches in football terms.

Man o' man...

Lancane
02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
LMAO! LAN actually found a way to compare Tim Tebow to the Salem Witches in football terms.

Man o' man...

I did not, the statement was about belief in terms of faith in something. That just because you believe or have faith in something doesn't mean that it will come to pass or happen according to that belief...I would suggest you read the whole post before you claim such an audacious statement BS. Never compared Tebow to the Salem Witches...not once, if I compared him to a witch it be more like to Samantha of Bewitched because he always seems to make the unbelievable happen.

Chef Zambini
02-24-2012, 11:59 AM
please note fox' use of the phrase 'hope' as aposed to believe or faith.
he HOPES tebow will become a great pocket passer.

BroncoStud
02-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Man o' man...

I did not, the statement was about belief in terms of faith in something. That just because you believe or have faith in something doesn't mean that it will come to pass or happen according to that belief...I would suggest you read the whole post before you claim such an audacious statement BS. Never compared Tebow to the Salem Witches...not once, if I compared him to a witch it be more like to Samantha of Bewitched because he always seems to make the unbelievable happen.

Relax dude I liked your post, cracked me up.

Jsteve01
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
please note fox' use of the phrase 'hope' as aposed to believe or faith.
he HOPES tebow will become a great pocket passer.

reread the quote zam. He said he "will" be a good passer

Lancane
02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Relax dude I liked your post, cracked me up.

I know...I hope you didn't take me seriously? I was giving you ****! :lol:

Broncos Mtnman
02-25-2012, 01:22 AM

Doesn't matter. . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . he walks on water.

arapaho2
02-25-2012, 01:07 PM
couple things

1. lan...i doubt they were burning witches in the 1800s...more like the 1600s..you were close in earth years though

2. why does the doubters have to look for any little thing in a statement and try to imply other things than what is obviously the intent when spoken....lets just take things for what they are seen as and hope for the best coencerning the broncos...and not look for little subdued hidden messages

MOtorboat
02-25-2012, 01:27 PM
couple things

1. lan...i doubt they were burning witches in the 1800s...more like the 1600s..you were close in earth years though

2. why does the doubters have to look for any little thing in a statement and try to imply other things than what is obviously the intent when spoken....lets just take things for what they are seen as and hope for the best coencerning the broncos...and not look for little subdued hidden messages

Because people who are all sunshine and lollipops about Tebow don't ever twist words.

:rolleyes:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355014

catfish
02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Because people who are all sunshine and lollipops about Tebow don't ever twist words.

:rolleyes:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355014

that is an exact quotes form the article title here

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/24/elway-tim-tebow-is-gonna-be-the-guy-for-a-long-time/

Lancane
02-25-2012, 06:45 PM
couple things

Yes, I did accidentally messed up the dates...so shoot me, sheesh. The last major witch trial of a group was 1750, so I was fifty years off, but the majority were in the 1600's and there are still witches being persecuted in Africa and the Middle East...(No Lie) Saudi Arabia still condemns witchcraft by death. Point is that there have been over 35,000 men, women and children have been put to death for such, and most have been condemned simply on the beliefs of others, on the faith of their accusers.

Secondly, we don't have to look for hidden intent or twisted implications within a statement. It's the Tebow fanatics that are running with each statement as it's a surefire, forgone conclusion, even when the truth is right there. Example: "Elway says Tebow is the starter for 2012", when in fact he did not..."Elway says Tebow is the starter going into camp", there is a big difference, one is an absolute the other is far from it. "Elway hopes that Tebow can become a pocket capable quarterback and improve", "Elway says that Tebow will be a pocket capable quarterback and improve". It's rather simple to understand the difference.

Simple Jaded
02-25-2012, 10:45 PM
reread the quote zam. He said he "will" be a good passer

I "will" win Powerball! I "will" win Powerball! **** yeah!.......

MOtorboat
02-25-2012, 11:21 PM
that is an exact quotes form the article title here

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/24/elway-tim-tebow-is-gonna-be-the-guy-for-a-long-time/

It's the same manipulation of words as was accused in this thread. It works on both sides.

So accusing one side of doing it is fruitless

It still stands that he's a shitty quarterback at this point, regardless of the crap Fox and Elway spew.

Fox: "Orton gives us the best chance to win." The same idiots that took that as gospel and ripped Fox a new one are now having a circle jerk over Fox and Elway's recent comments. Hypocritical, at best.

arapaho2
02-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Yes, I did accidentally messed up the dates...so shoot me, sheesh. The last major witch trial of a group was 1750, so I was fifty years off, but the majority were in the 1600's and there are still witches being persecuted in Africa and the Middle East...(No Lie) Saudi Arabia still condemns witchcraft by death. Point is that there have been over 35,000 men, women and children have been put to death for such, and most have been condemned simply on the beliefs of others, on the faith of their accusers.

Secondly, we don't have to look for hidden intent or twisted implications within a statement. It's the Tebow fanatics that are running with each statement as it's a surefire, forgone conclusion, even when the truth is right there. Example: "Elway says Tebow is the starter for 2012", when in fact he did not..."Elway says Tebow is the starter going into camp", there is a big difference, one is an absolute the other is far from it. "Elway hopes that Tebow can become a pocket capable quarterback and improve", "Elway says that Tebow will be a pocket capable quarterback and improve". It's rather simple to understand the difference.

chill dude..i said you were close in earth years....to the earth 200 years is a blink of the eye