PDA

View Full Version : Newest Rumor

BroncoJoe
03-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn't see it anywhere.

As heard on 104.3 the fan:

The Broncos are in conversations with the Redskins regarding Cutler. The deal would involve three teams, Washington, Denver and Kansas City. Cutler to Washington, Campbell to KC, Cassell to Denver.

Draft picks were talked about, but I don't remember the details. Just thought it was interesting.

PS - I'm sick I just started a thread like this...

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Some mentioned this in another thread earlier today, they didn't have details but they did mention the Redskins.

Magnificent Seven
03-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't want Cassel. I think I will start the march in downtown and chant : WE WANT CUTLER!

Dirk
03-18-2009, 06:33 PM
OMG...will it never end????

Watchthemiddle
03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
What I heard was two possibilities....from two sources..one in Washington and not sure who the other was from.

1. Cutler and Sheffler to Washington, Jason Campbell to Cleveland, and Brady Quinn to Denver....and draft picks thrown in there along the way and maybe a few other players......

2. Cutler to Washington, J. Camp to KC, and Cassell to Denver.....again with picks thrown in there

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 06:35 PM
If we do wind up having to trade Cutler, I would be totally for this (assuming we get some picks headed our way as well). I don't really know why KC would trade him right to us since they just got him but I'd be totally for it.

shank
i really don't want cassel. they know that was McD's original target, and cutler's value in the trade probably goes WAY down if we get cassel out of the deal.

if we deal cutler and don't get a great deal, then i am going to shit a brick and then throw said brick at McD's miata.

BroncoJoe
I think it's probably a safe assumption that Denver is fielding offers for Cutler.

Whether we act on them or not is another story.

Magnificent Seven
Who wants Jason Campbell? I dont think he's good.

nthngd2say
Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn't see it anywhere.

As heard on 104.3 the fan:

Draft picks were talked about, but I don't remember the details. Just thought it was interesting.

PS - I'm sick I just started a thread like this...

104.3 the FAN is a joke in my opinion - sorry to anyone that likes them. They started the whole Shanny to coach KC rumor... anyways - why would KC want Campbell over Cassell? This rumor was goin on yesterday too - Campbell and Cooley to the Browns, Scheffler and Cutler to Washington and Quinn and a 3rd to Denver - when CLE has no 3rd and when does Quinn ever have the same value as Cutler? Some of the rumors just make no sense at all...

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't want Cassel. I think I will start the march in downtown and chant : WE WANT CUTLER!

Why not? If Cutler is going to force his way out of town, Cassel would be one of the better options available. He's young and has proven success in McD's system. Sounds good to me. I mean, unless you'd rather Chris Simms start for us.

Magnificent Seven
03-18-2009, 06:37 PM
104.3 the FAN is a joke in my opinion - sorry to anyone that likes them. They started the whole Shanny to coach KC rumor... anyways - why would KC want Campbell over Cassell? This rumor was goin on yesterday too - Campbell and Cooley to the Browns, Scheffler and Cutler to Washington and Quinn and a 3rd to Denver - when CLE has no 3rd and when does Quinn ever have the same value as Cutler? Some of the rumors just make no sense at all...

I agreed.

BroncoJoe
03-18-2009, 06:38 PM

I absolutely hate Sandy and Jim. To say they suck disses anyone that actually sucks.

nthngd2say
03-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I absolutely hate Sandy and Jim. To say they suck disses anyone that actually sucks.

Mike Evans is also on that list for me

Watchthemiddle
03-18-2009, 06:44 PM

You can say they suck, but from what I have heard they are reading articles or from sources in a different city. It not "their rumor" it sources from Washington and Cleveland.

Now, whether they pan out or not remains to be seen. Shoot, I guess according to NY, Cutler is going to the Jets.

All I know is this....if we can get a Weiss/McDaniels guy in Quinn..who is a baller and a year younger than Jay, then we will make out. Just my opinion.

Dirk
What I heard was two possibilities....from two sources..one in Washington and not sure who the other was from.

1. Cutler and Sheffler to Washington, Jason Campbell to Cleveland, and Brady Quinn to Denver....and draft picks thrown in there along the way and maybe a few other players......

2. Cutler to Washington, J. Camp to KC, and Cassell to Denver.....again with picks thrown in there

Option 1 won't be a bad deal if WE/Denver get said draft picks.

Option 2 won't be a bad deal if agina, WE/Denver get said draft picks.

Without draft picks going to Denver, either option doesn't sound good.

SoCalImport
If the Cutler situation is past the point of no return (which I don't think it is) then I wouldn't mind a trade that sent Cutty to the NFC and brought Cassell to Denver as long as Cassell was NOT treated as being worth MORE than the 2nd KC already paid for him (eg. added 1st and 2nd round picks for us).
He is DEFINITELY a system QB, and would have to be better at Mile HIgh because our D will is not likely to be as good as NEs was last year.

turftoad
03-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Why not? If Cutler is going to force his way out of town, Cassel would be one of the better options available. He's young and has proven success in McD's system. Sounds good to me. I mean, unless you'd rather Chris Simms start for us.

I'd rather have Simms.

McD just won't leave the freeking Cassel thing along. It's like he's stalking him.
Talk about man love.

Dirk
03-18-2009, 06:48 PM
McD just won't leave the freeking Cassel thing along. It's like he's stalking him.
Talk about man love.

:lol:

bcbronc
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
You can say they suck, but from what I have heard they are reading articles or from sources in a different city. It not "their rumor" it sources from Washington and Cleveland.

Now, whether they pan out or not remains to be seen. Shoot, I guess according to NY, Cutler is going to the Jets.

All I know is this....if we can get a Weiss/McDaniels guy in Quinn..who is a baller and a year younger than Jay, then we will make out. Just my opinion.

WTM wants to make out with Brady Queen? ewwww, gross.

Watchthemiddle
03-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I'd rather have Simms.

Talk about man love.

THats just being stubborn. Who cares if McD won't leave it alone. McD has been with Cassel since he was drafted. In a sense, McD raised him and we all can see now how that turned out when Cassel got his shot this past season. Its like a mother with its young......:laugh:

Cassel is one year older than Jay. Its not like he is a washed up veteran looking for a job.

Cassell or Brady Q. would be a great addition. IMO

Watchthemiddle
03-18-2009, 06:51 PM
WTM wants to make out with Brady Queen? ewwww, gross.

NOt him, but have you seen his sister? :eek::eek:

If it brings his sister to Denver........:beer::elefant:

nthngd2say
03-18-2009, 06:51 PM

Fair enough. I'm just saying that the FAN has been wrong many times and has started some pathetic rumors like Shanny becoming the Chefs HC. I'm actually surprised if they are quoting sources in Wash or CLE as usually they don't give any sources.

Getting Quinn would be a start - not the QB I would hope for - but I will be very disappointed if the Broncos trade Cutler and only get Quinn. I guess that better than nothing if that's truly all they can get. I hope not.

bcbronc
03-18-2009, 06:52 PM

this post is worthless without pictures.

topscribe
03-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I'd rather have Simms.

Talk about man love.

Cassell ushered the Patriots to an astounding 11-5 record.

You know, the same team that went 16-0 the previous year, without him.

Cronyism can do amazing things to one's judgment, can't it?

-----

Watchthemiddle
03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
this post is worthless without pictures.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4613/candicemichelleyo0.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=candicemichelleyo0.jpg)

MadMax
03-18-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't want Cassel. But....

It would be disingenuous on the Broncos part to not at least field calls from teams wanting Cutler after he asked for a trade. Hopefully that's all we're doing because I'm going to have a really hard time watching the Broncos with someone else behind center.

Watchthemiddle
03-18-2009, 06:58 PM

-----

Ha,.....what was our astounding record? Had we had 11-5...there would have been no question about making the playoff.

Top seriously, once Brady went down did you seriously think they wouls STILL go 11-5?

MadMax
03-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Just wanted to add, with the exception of the Brady quinn stuff this rumor is unchanged from the Bleacher Report rumor from yesterday. PFT ran with that rumor for several hours before they added that it was "satire", and then this morning ESPN posts the exact same thing on their blog. Hopefully The Fan just hasn't figured out that the original rumor was completely made up.

EMB6903
03-18-2009, 07:03 PM
No way KC would want Campbell over Cassel.

topscribe
03-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Ha,.....what was our astounding record? Had we had 11-5...there would have been no question about making the playoff.

Top seriously, once Brady went down did you seriously think they wouls STILL go 11-5?

Had Brady not gone down, do you think they would have been only 11-5? Had
Cutler been QB with NE or Pittsburgh, do you think he would have gone 8-8
there?

The point is, no one knows whether Cassell is a one-year wonder, or whether
he can even take the reins of a lesser team than the Patriots and be any kind
of success. So why would anyone want Cassell, unless Cassell was a good ol'
buddy of his, and he needed the pacifier?

Cutler is a Pro Bowl quarterback, whom the overwhelming majority in football
consider a rare talent. Why would anyone whose IQ is greater than their shoe
size prefer Cassell to Cutler? :confused:

I don't know for sure whether the Broncos can bring in another QB and be
successful with him. But I do know they can bring in another coach and be
successful. Coaches are a dime a dozen. QBs of Cutler's caliber are rare.
Woodson, for instance, stated that Cutler has no peer at quarterback.

-----

Watchthemiddle
03-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Had Brady not gone down, do you think they would have been only 11-5? Had
Cutler been QB with NE or Pittsburgh, do you think he would have gone 8-8
there?

The point is, no one knows whether Cassell is a one-year wonder, or whether
he can even take the reins of a lesser team than the Patriots and be any kind
of success. So why would anyone want Cassell, unless Cassell was a good ol'
buddy of his, and he needed the pacifier?
Cutler is a Pro Bowl quarterback, whom the overwhelming majority in football
consider a rare talent. Why would anyone whose IQ is greater than their shoe
size prefer Cassell to Cutler? :confused:

I don't know for sure whether the Broncos can bring in another QB and be
successful with him. But I do know they can bring in another coach and be
successful. Coaches are a dime a dozen. QBs of Cutler's caliber are rare.
Woodson, for instance, stated that Cutler has no peer at quarterback.

-----

Kind of like Cutler and Bates????:confused:

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 07:15 PM

-----

Oh noes! Damn that Matt Cassel for not being as good as Tom Brady! Why would we ever want a QB who isn't as good as the great Tom Brady?

What, did you really expect the team to go 16-0 again, even with Brady? The fact that a first year starting QB led is team to an 11-5 record is quite noteworthy.

Your attempt to discredit him because he didn't go 16-0 as a starter is incredibly lame.

topscribe
03-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Kind of like Cutler and Bates????:confused:

I'm having a hard time detecting any relevancy from your arguments. :whoknows:

-----

dogfish
03-18-2009, 07:25 PM

she's probably more of a man than he is. . . .

jrelway
03-18-2009, 07:29 PM
false rumor. vinny ceratto said skins are not persuing cutler. heard that on the radio.

claymore
03-18-2009, 07:33 PM

LMFAO. :pound:

Magnificent Seven
03-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Delete this boring thread!

Denver Native (Carol)
03-18-2009, 07:35 PM

This story actually broke this morning on KOA radio on one of their station breaks. My son called me and told me about it. Here is what Sandy was reading:

http://www.dcexaminer.com/sports/Do-Skins-want-Cutler-41399007.html

topscribe
03-18-2009, 07:37 PM
This story actually broke this morning on KOA radio on one of their station breaks. My son called me and told me about it. Here is what Sandy was reading:

http://www.dcexaminer.com/sports/Do-Skins-want-Cutler-41399007.html

Problem is, they don't have a quarterback to replace Cutler.

I don't see anything coming of that unless it's a three-way or something.

-----

Buff
03-18-2009, 07:40 PM

You would.

Sandy is the man. I like Mike Evans better than Jim, but Cloughy is usually spot on IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Problem is, they don't have a quarterback to replace Cutler.

I don't see anything coming of that unless it's a three-way or something.

-----

I think it was something like - Cutler to Washington, Washington's qb to KC, and Cassell to the Broncos

topscribe
03-18-2009, 07:42 PM
I think it was something like - Cutler to Washington, Washington's qb to KC, and Cassell to the Broncos

And therein lies the problem: Cutler for Cassell. :tsk:

-----

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 07:42 PM
But noooo, Cassel sucks. Why would we want a QB who led his team to an 11-5 record in his first year as a starter? No upside there!

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 07:43 PM
And therein lies the problem: Cutler for Cassell. :tsk:

-----

If Cutler doesn't want to be here, then I would rather have Cassel. Even though he is less talented. I want a QB who I know is 100% committed to being a Denver Bronco.

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:00 PM

It was a fake report from the bleach report...

Cutler isnt going to Washington...the GM said that Jason Campbell is his guy when these rumors started to grow bigger...

Magnificent Seven
03-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Just Keep Cutler! Resolve the problem, burn the hatchet, and befriends!

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:01 PM
If Cutler doesn't want to be here, then I would rather have Cassel. Even though he is less talented. I want a QB who I know is 100% committed to being a Denver Bronco.

funny thing is...Cutler was 100% committed to being a Denver Bronco....until McDaniels effed it up :coffee:

Buff
03-18-2009, 08:04 PM
funny thing is...Cutler was 100% committed to being a Denver Bronco....until McDaniels effed it up :coffee:

And now one side is willing to move forward and put it behind them and the other side is not. So, where does that leave us?

topscribe
03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
And now one side is willing to move forward and put it behind them and the other side is not. So, where does that leave us?

Looks like maybe somebody has to go.

Coaches are a dime a dozen.

Quarterbacks of Cutler's caliber are rare.

Who should go? :confused:

-----

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:08 PM

Jay Cutler was ready and willing to put this behind him...but when he came to the meeting last Saturday...Josh McDaniels basically made Jay feel that it was all his fault for all of this shit going on.

McDaniels is just as guilty as Cutler for letting this shit get out of hand...

NightTrainLayne
03-18-2009, 08:09 PM

-----

So. ..I presume we let Cutler hand-pick the coaching staff this time? That sounds like a sound and rational plan.

Let's go for it. Maybe Bus Cook can be the GM now.

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:09 PM

-----

bye bye McDipShit :coffee:

(even though I know there's no chance of that happening :lol:)

NightTrainLayne
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Jay Cutler was ready and willing to put this behind him...but when he came to the meeting last Saturday...Josh McDaniels basically made Jay feel that it was all his fault for all of this shit going on.

McDaniels is just as guilty as Cutler for letting this shit get out of hand...

Josh McDaniels doesn't MAKE anyone FEEL anything. If Jay FELT something, that is all on Jay.

It's part of growing up. Your reaction to someone else is about you, not about the other person. Nobody else MAKES you feel anything, your feelings are under your own control.

topscribe
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
So. ..I presume we let Cutler hand-pick the coaching staff this time? That sounds like a sound and rational plan.

Let's go for it. Maybe Bus Cook can be the GM now.

The same questions were being asked when Elway and Reeves were at each other's throats.

Reeves left, Elway stayed. How did that work out?

-----

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Josh McDaniels doesn't MAKE anyone FEEL anything. If Jay FELT something, that is all on Jay.

It's part of growing up. Your reaction to someone else is about you, not about the other person. Nobody else MAKES you feel anything, your feelings are under your own control.

If I called you a vulgar name right now...you'd get mad.

I made you mad...

(i would never call you a vulgar name though, you're :cool:)
:D

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:13 PM
The same questions were being asked when Elway and Reeves were at each other's throats.

-----

Championship :elefant: :salute: :beer: :defense:

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 08:14 PM

True as that may be, the fact is now that the damage has been done. If Cutler isn't willing to move past this and 100% commit himself to the organization, then I want a QB who will.

SoCalImport
03-18-2009, 08:15 PM

Bingo.THank You.

Cutler is a big boy.. right?

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:15 PM
True as that may be, the fact is now that the damage has been done. If Cutler isn't willing to move past this and 100% commit himself to the organization, then I want a QB who will.

I'd bet you $100000000 that Darrell Hackney is 100% committed to being a Denver Bronco. Do you want him being our starter? I dont...

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 08:18 PM

-----

Did Elway bitch and moan for a trade or give an inclination that he wasn't 100% committed to being a Bronco? If not, the situations really aren't comparable.

And just because it worked out with Elway doesn't mean that that's the golden rule and will work every time.

Personally, I think the last thing this team needs is to boost Cutler's ego even more and let him know that he has the power to decide who coaches this team and who doesn't. I don't care how damn talented you are, no one player deserves that much power.

bcbronc
Delete this boring thread!

-----

Elway, three Superbowl appearances.

Cutler, zero playoff appearances.

:confused:

SoCalImport

I made you mad...

Are you NOT the one that has control over your own feelings, or at least control of how you ACT upon those feelings?

C'mon, man. Don't cheapen this anymore than it already has been. Cutler is an Adult, And should act accordingly

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I'd bet you $100000000 that Darrell Hackney is 100% committed to being a Denver Bronco. Do you want him being our starter? I dont...

Totally different scenario. Cassel has proved that he can be an effective starter in the NFL. And even Simms to a lesser extent. Hackney has done no such thing.

NightTrainLayne

I made you mad...

I might, I might not, but as I said, that reaction is about me not you.

getlynched47

:tsk:

Give Cutler Terrell Davis in his prime and the 1997 Denver Defense.

Cutler would get his Superbowl soon enough :coffee:

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 08:20 PM

Good point. Elway had actually done something in his career to warrant his actions. Wake me when Cutler does that.

NightTrainLayne
03-18-2009, 08:21 PM

-----

Yes. . .Wade Phillips was a resounding success, and John loved running the offense under him too. . .

BroncoWave
:tsk:

Give Cutler Terrell Davis in his prime and the 1997 Denver Defense.

Cutler would get his Superbowl soon enough :coffee:

Give any decent QB Davis in his prime and the 97 Defense and they would have a decent shot of winning a SB.

topscribe

I agree 100% with this comment.

However, it begins with the leadership, the people skills of those in management.
I don't care what organization you're talking about: it begins with the manager.

Cutler is the most important player on the team. Yes, they have to treat them "all
the same," regarding being subject to rules, but one-on-one, I'm sorry, but you
can't do that. You communicate differently with different individuals because they
are different individuals. It's called people skills.

-----

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Totally different scenario. Cassel has proved that he can be an effective starter in the NFL. And even Simms to a lesser extent. Hackney has done no such thing.

Please dont mention McCassel anymore....he's no longer a viable option. He is the QB of the Chiefs and that's final.

I still rather have Cutler over Chris Simms...and I dont want to draft Sanchez or Stafford and hope they pan out.

Wouldnt you agree Cutler, when this thing gets resolved, will be committed enough to the Broncos (lets assume 50%) is better than having a spleenless Chris Simms? (the spleen has nothing to do with this :lol:)

Cutler >>>>>>>>>>> than any option out there. Our team will not get better getting rid of our best player...guaranteed.

topscribe
03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Yes. . .Wade Phillips was a resounding success, and John loved running the offense under him too. . .

-----

Den21vsBal19
03-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Did Elway bitch and moan for a trade or give an inclination that he wasn't 100% committed to being a Bronco? If not, the situations really aren't comparable.

And just because it worked out with Elway doesn't mean that that's the golden rule and will work every time.

Personally, I think the last thing this team needs is to boost Cutler's ego even more and let him know that he has the power to decide who coaches this team and who doesn't. I don't care how damn talented you are, no one player deserves that much power.
You can't let the tail wag the dog, it's got to be the way nature intended

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Give any decent QB Davis in his prime and the 97 Defense and they would have a decent shot of winning a SB.

Then why didnt the Vikings make it past the first round of the playoffs? They had Adrian Peterson and an amazing defense.....and I could easily argue that Tavaris Jackson or Gus Frerotte are "decent QB's"......just like Chris Simms...

roomemp
03-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Did anybody ever think that Cutler does not fit McDaniels system. Cutler was Shanahan's guy. Cassell would be a nice addition. I just keep picturing that game winning pass Cassel threw to Moss. The corner of the endzone one. Sweeeeet!!!!!!!

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Please dont mention McCassel anymore....he's no longer a viable option. He is the QB of the Chiefs and that's final.

I still rather have Cutler over Chris Simms...and I dont want to draft Sanchez or Stafford and hope they pan out.

Wouldnt you agree Cutler, when this thing gets resolved, will be committed enough to the Broncos (lets assume 50%) is better than having a spleenless Chris Simms? (the spleen has nothing to do with this :lol:)

Cutler >>>>>>>>>>> than any option out there. Our team will not get better getting rid of our best player...guaranteed.

I'd normally say yes to your proposal of getting a top QB in the draft but I think both of them suck. But if this situation is irreperable and it becomes inevitable that Cutler will leave eventually whether it be via trade or as a FA down the line, then yes, I'd rather have a young/rookie QB come in so he can start learning the system and improving as a player as soon as possible.

While keeping a Cutler who is 50% dedicated to the team might be better for us in the next year or 2, shipping his ass out sooner would likely be more beneficial in the long run.

Now if he can put this behind him and commit himself to the team I hope he stays here is whole damn career, but I'm not sure if that's a likely scenario or not.

topscribe
03-18-2009, 08:28 PM
You can't let the tail wag the dog, it's got to be the way nature intended

Unless the dog has not clue as to how to wag the tail . . .

-----

roomemp
03-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Then why didnt the Vikings make it past the first round of the playoffs? They had Adrian Peterson and an amazing defense.....and I could easily argue that Tavaris Jackson or Gus Frerotte are "decent QB's"......just like Chris Simms...

Maybe because Adrian Peterson rushed for like a million yards only to fumble away the game.

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 08:29 PM

Personally, I think Ferotte and Jackson both suck, but that's just me.

Plus, that Broncos team had a LOT better WR/TE corps than the Vikings did last year, so I don't think that's a good comparison.

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd normally say yes to your proposal of getting a top QB in the draft but I think both of them suck. But if this situation is irreperable and it becomes inevitable that Cutler will leave eventually whether it be via trade or as a FA down the line, then yes, I'd rather have a young/rookie QB come in so he can start learning the system and improving as a player as soon as possible.

While keeping a Cutler who is 50% dedicated to the team might be better for us in the next year or 2, shipping his ass out sooner would likely be more beneficial in the long run.

Now if he can put this behind him and commit himself to the team I hope he stays here is whole damn career, but I'm not sure if that's a likely scenario or not.

Well now you make it sound that Cutler would stay at 50% dedication 2+ years down the road...even if we start winning a lot of games.

I could see his dedication steadily rising with each and every win...

If he stays and the situation is at least "steady"......I could see things being great in 2+ years.

Cutler could EASILY sign a contract extension and be our short term + long term answer...:salute:

Shazam!
03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
I just want this to end. If somehow it is worked out anyway that Cassel comes to Denver then I'm fine with that. He's a different kind of QB than Cutler but he has the skillset needed to succeed for McD and the Offense will be ready on day one. If Denver can somehow resemble the Patriots on the field I'm all for it, the same way Denver had to resemble the AFCW 49ers in the 90s to succeed.

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Personally, I think Ferotte and Jackson both suck, but that's just me.

Plus, that Broncos team had a LOT better WR/TE corps than the Vikings did last year, so I don't think that's a good comparison.

we were just talking about defenses and running games...remember? :lol:

So then Frerotte and Jackson don't fit the profile as a "decent" QB?

Chris Simms hasnt done anything in the NFL since having that emergency apendectomy...there's no way you could argue that Chris Simms isnt = to Jackson/Frerotte

And you want Simms to run our offense?? :confused:

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I just want this to end. If somehow it is worked out anyway that Cassel comes to Denver then I'm fine with that. He's a different kind of QB than Cutler but he has the skillset needed to succeed for McD and the Offense will be ready on day one. If Denver can somehow resemble the Patriots on the field I'm all for it, the same way Denver had to resemble the AFCW 49ers in the 90s to succeed.

CASSEL IS A CHIEF!!

Either we are stuck with Simms or we draft a QB and hope he pans out. Face it, the Chiefs really wanted Cassel...they will do the smart thing and keep their young, talented QB.

Cassel is no longer an option....

Cutler >>>>>>>>>> Simms, any rookie QB you wanna bring in, AND Brady Quinn...that's a fact.

Shazam!
03-18-2009, 08:59 PM
1-Don't post your opinion as fact.

2-SEE THREAD STARTER.

tomjonesrocks
03-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I just want this to end.

This is exactly the sentiment Bus Cook is hoping for. The team shouldn't play into his hands.

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
1-Don't post your opinion as fact.

2-SEE THREAD STARTER.

It's not an opinion. It is fact.

Ever since Simms underwent his emergency apendectomy...he hasnt done jack shit in the NFL. Cutler >>>>>>>>> Simms

Brady Quinn has potential, but if he wasnt able to beat out Derek Anderson in camp...there are problems. Cutler has more experience than Quinn. Cutler >>>>>> Quinn

And there's always a risk when drafting a rookie QB because more than half of them don't pan out. And even if we get lucky with a guy that has a Matt Ryan-like season...Cutler was still better than Ryan (considering the fact that the Falcons defense was good and they had Michael Turner in the backfield to take off massive amounts of pressure from Matty Ice. Cutler >>>>>>>> any rookie QB we could get.

It's fact son :cool:

BroncoJoe
03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
You would.

Sandy is the man. I like Mike Evans better than Jim, but Cloughy is usually spot on IMO.

I've argued with Sandy onair. Gave me a woody.

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM

One season with a good defense and special teams I'll not be so quick to say Cassel is effective starter in the NFL.

slim
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Sandy is an idiot.

BTW, I agree with Magnificent Seven....we just need to burn the hatchet.

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 09:29 PM

He doesn't throw the long ball well in that offense.

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 09:40 PM

You want to make out with Brady Quinn? :shocked:

BeefStew25
03-18-2009, 09:43 PM
You want to make out with Brady Quinn? :shocked:

I will. Put him behind a decent oline and I think he will be good.

Plus his sister is kind of hot and I think AJ Hawk has a nice ass.

KCL
03-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Why the hell would KC make any deal involving Cassel? Of course nothing would surprise me but I think Pioli wants him in KC since he also came from the Pats,same as McDaniels.

BroncoJoe
03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Bief, I thought I'd give you a boner tonight.

http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bradyquinn2.jpg

SR
03-18-2009, 10:14 PM

I just had a wet dream.

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 10:18 PM
I just had a wet dream.

That's was a lot more information than we need SR. :shocked:

BeefStew25
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Red, we can love Quinn together.

topscribe
03-18-2009, 10:23 PM

I like the idea of Cleveland's #1, and the "other players" part.

*Any chance of Rogers . . . ?* :look:

-----

Magnificent Seven
03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Bief, I thought I'd give you a boner tonight.

http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bradyquinn2.jpg

LOL Good One!

BeefStew25
03-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Brady Quinn is us. We are him. Slim with a case of Slim Jims.

GEM
03-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Red, we can love Quinn together.

Is this the 3 way top talked about earlier in the thread? :confused: