PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas’ Helmet Preserved in HOF

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2012, 03:28 PM
When Demaryius Thomas caught Tim Tebow’s pass in overtime against the Pittsburgh Steelers, he sprinted for an 80-yard touchdown to cement one of the most memorable playoff wins in Broncos history.

Now the helmet Thomas wore during the game — and the rest of the 2011 season — is part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s collection in Canton, Ohio.

The helmet, commemorating Thomas’ performance in the game, is currently displayed in the museum’s Pro Football Today gallery.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/thomas-helmet-preserved-in-hof/

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2012, 03:42 PM
So Damn Proud Of Him!

turftoad
02-23-2012, 03:47 PM
So Damn Proud Of Him!

Me too. That play was more about DT's RAC than it was Tebows pass.

NightTerror218
02-23-2012, 03:51 PM

True, but Tebow actually hit him in stride and was accurate on a route across the middle. That was on of the most exciting plays I have seen recently. Jumping up and down yelling at TV for him to go go go go ALL THE WAY, YOU CAN DO IT.....kind of play.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2012, 03:55 PM
True, but Tebow actually hit him in stride and was accurate on a route across the middle. That was on of the most exciting plays I have seen recently. Jumping up and down yelling at TV for him to go go go go ALL THE WAY, YOU CAN DO IT.....kind of play.

Totally agree :salute:

turftoad
02-23-2012, 03:56 PM

That ball traveled 15yrd in the air. Top could have hit DT on that one. But yes, it was a great play.

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm getting goosebumps.

broncobryce
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
The reason the middle of the field was so open is because the d was trying to stop what they thought was a sure option play. They had to have a safety on each side to stop either tebow or mcgahee. Thomas made an outstanding play, but to say it was all him is close minded or simply misinformed.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

turftoad
02-23-2012, 04:25 PM
The reason the middle of the field was so open is because the d was trying to stop what they thought was a sure option play. They had to have a safety on each side to stop either tebow or mcgahee. Thomas made an outstanding play, but to say it was all him is close minded or simply misinformed.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Where does it say anywhere in this thread that it was ALL about DT?

Northman
02-23-2012, 04:28 PM

True, but that was actually one of Teebs best passes ever. Right on the money and lead his receiver like he should do. Need more of that. :D

dogfish
02-23-2012, 04:29 PM
are you guys ACTUALLY arguing how much credit tebow gets in a thread about DT's helmet getting sent to the Hall?

:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

this place is gonna be unbearable all off-season. . . .

Northman
02-23-2012, 04:29 PM
are you guys ACTUALLY arguing how much credit tebow gets in a thread about DT's helmet getting sent to the Hall?

:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

this place is gonna be unbearable all off-season. . . .

I know right?!!!

Lets talk about Jay and Jake Doggy...... :lol:

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2012, 06:52 PM
I bet those Steelers players and fans feel horrible about this.

Canmore
02-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I bet those Steelers players and fans feel horrible about this.

Does my heart good. I hate those towels.

broncobryce
02-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Where does it say anywhere in this thread that it was ALL about DT?

Well, you said Top could have hit DT. Now we all know Top has NFL talent, but I wouldn't say that's giving the QB much credit.

Dirk
02-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Outstanding!

BroncoWave
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Who cares who gets the credit? That play got the BRONCOS to the final 8 in the NFL. Best Bronco moment since the 05 playoffs.

Magnificent Seven
02-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Who cares who gets the credit? That play got the BRONCOS to the final 8 in the NFL. Best Bronco moment since the 05 playoffs.

I agree. :salute:

TXBRONC
02-24-2012, 09:28 AM
I know right?!!!

Lets talk about Jay and Jake Doggy...... :lol:

Nah lets talk about Orton. :heh: