PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh, more great news for Broncoland

Northman
03-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Pure speculation at this point but at least its not Jay/McD news right? :lol:

PROSECUTOR: BUCKHALTER BOUGHT DRUGS FROM ALLEGED DEALER
Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2009, 12:08 p.m. EDT
During opening statements in the criminal trial of an alleged drug dealer, a prosecutor outed former Eagles running back Correll Buckhalter as an alleged customer.

According to Mari A. Schaefer of the Philadelphia Inquirer (via Sheil Kapadia of philly.com), Delaware County Deputy District Attorney Katayoun M. Copeland said that Styles N. Beckles told police he sold drugs to Buckhalter and other pro athletes.

Buckhalter’s agent disputed the allegation.

“Any time you to get some information like this, you have to look at the credibility [of the source],” said John Rickert.

We agree, but wouldn’t that argument insulate anyone who buys drugs from blame? They’re all making the purchases from someone who, you know, sells drugs.

Buckhalter recently signed a free-agent contract with the Broncos, leaving the Eagles after eight seasons with the team.

We’ve got an idea for clearing this up — if, that is, former Denver coach Mike Shanahan forgot to take with him a certain machine featuring a strap, several needles that dispense various colors of ink, and long sheets of paper.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...lleged-dealer/

Alleged drug dealer names ex-Eagle Buckhalter as client, prosecutor says
By Mari A. Schaefer

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

A Delaware County prosecutor this morning named former Eagles running back Correll Buckhalter among the reported clients of an alleged drug dealer during opening arguments of a trial.

Deputy District Attorney Katayoun M. Copeland, addressing the jury, said that Styles N. Beckles, 36, of Clifton Heights, had told police that he sold drugs to pro athletes, including Buckhalter and Keita Crespina, a former Temple University football player.

No charges have been filed against Buckhalter or Crespina.

Buckhalter, 30, spent eight years with the Eagles before the Denver Broncos signed him to a four-year deal this month.

"Any time you to get some information like this, you have to look at the credibility [of the source]," said John Rickert, Buckhalter's agent. Rickert said he would not comment further at this point.

Crespina could not be reached immediately for comment. He played at Lincoln High School and later in NFL Europe and the Canadian Football League. He served as defensive coordinator at George Washington High School in Philadelphia in the fall,.

Beckles was the subject of a wiretap signed by Superior Court Judge Seamus McCaffrey in December 2005, according to an affidavit. As a result of that investigation, Pennsylvania State Police obtained a search warrant of his apartment, car and person.

When police pulled over Beckles in his silver Toyota Echo, he was found to have 115 glass vials of marijuana, the affidavit said. At his home, police allegedly found 487 glass vials of marijuana buds, digital scales, other drug paraphernalia, and more than $1,300 in cash.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...utor_says.html

BeefStew25
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
WHo cares? Crappy signing anyway. This will give us an excuse to re-sign Pittman.

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Good choice McDipShit.......a glass back that also is a drug addict :coffee:

dogfish
03-18-2009, 11:42 AM
:lol:

:doh:

OB
03-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Son of a...............

underrated29
03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Saw that.

it doesnt matter though. LJ is going to be our starting back.

Northman
03-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Saw that.

it doesnt matter though. LJ is going to be our starting back.

Is that what your wishing for or have you heard something in the grape vine?

Den21vsBal19
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
The more things change, the more they stay the same!!!!! :lol:

I wonder if he's got 120 sprogs, by 50 different women scattered around the US??

underrated29
03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Is that what your wishing for or have you heard something in the grape vine?

Just what i think. I mean Lamont Jordan by the way. I probably should have spelled that out in case you thought i meant Larry J.

My Fault.

Lamont Jordan imo will be our starting back for us.

:salute:

Bronco Bible
03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
:confused:When are they going to make a play for Chris Henry?

Northman
03-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Just what i think. I mean Lamont Jordan by the way. I probably should have spelled that out in case you thought i meant Larry J.

My Fault.

Lamont Jordan imo will be our starting back for us.

:salute:

Actually, thats my bad. I had forgotten we even had Jordan. :lol:

Denver27og
03-18-2009, 12:18 PM
if it was just some weed.. its alllll gooood

DenBronx
03-18-2009, 12:32 PM
cut him.

i could care less about buckhalter. bad signing.

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 12:36 PM
This is the Patriot way of doing things? :confused:

fcspikeit
03-18-2009, 12:49 PM
As I was reading about Beckles, I kept thinking of JWalk :coffee:

Dreadnought
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
WHo cares? Crappy signing anyway. This will give us an excuse to re-sign Tatum Bell.

Agreed with slight correction. Or resign them both and ship this bum the Hell out of town at the first possible opportunity. More Front Office stupidity at work

fcspikeit
03-18-2009, 12:56 PM
This is the Patriot way of doing things? :confused:

Are you kidding? :confused:

Just don't get caught! Next Buckhalter will be saying, was that against the rules :confused: I guess my interpretation was wrong... :lol:

fcspikeit
03-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Agreed with slight correction. Or resign them both and ship this bum the Hell out of town at the first possible opportunity. More Front Office stupidity at work

What, you don't like all the high risk, low reward signings so far? :shocked:

NameUsedBefore
03-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Are you kidding? :confused:

Just don't get caught! Next Buckhalter will be saying, was that against the rules :confused: I guess my interpretation was wrong... :lol:

"I... I misinterpreted the rules."

lex
03-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Actually, thats my bad. I had forgotten we even had Jordan. :lol:

How can you forget? He's our best player.

honz
03-18-2009, 01:38 PM
So a drug dealer claims he sold weed to Buckhalter. I'm sure that will hold up in court...especially if the dealer still has the receipts from the purchases. :lol:

I highly doubt Buckhalter even has to go to court. And if he does, I'm sure he'll have a good enough lawyer to easily get him off scotch free...assuming the dealer is even telling the truth.

Also...LOL at people trying to blame McDaniels. As if he should have gone around asking drug dealers if they've ever sold weed to Buckhalter.

WARHORSE
03-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Another step towards the Denver Cowgirls.

Napoleon: GAG ORDER!

Dreadnought
03-18-2009, 01:46 PM
So a drug dealer claims he sold weed to Buckhalter. I'm sure that will hold up in court...especially if the dealer still has the receipts from the purchases. :lol:

I highly doubt Buckhalter even has to go to court. And if he does, I'm sure he'll have a good enough lawyer to easily get him off scotch free...assuming the dealer is even telling the truth.

Also...LOL at people trying to blame McDaniels. As if he should have gone around asking drug dealers if they've ever sold weed to Buckhalter.

I admire your stick-to-your guns attitude vis a vis the McDaniel team and its doings. I suspect you might need some of this here product though over the next year

http://www.custompc.co.uk/blogs/garethogden/files/turd-polish.jpg

honz
03-18-2009, 01:54 PM
I admire your stick-to-your guns attitude vis a vis the McDaniel team and its doings. I suspect you might need some of this here product though over the next year

http://www.custompc.co.uk/blogs/garethogden/files/turd-polish.jpg

I've said that McDaniels deserves some blame for the Cutler situation. But people trying to say the front office screwed up again because it turns out that Buckhalter may smoke weed? Now please tell me how the hell they were supposed to know that.

weazel
03-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Pittman worked hard for us last season, sign him and dump the junk

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 02:01 PM

Tatum Bell = Scrub :laugh:

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM

Like he could have known about that. :coffee:

I mean, it could be worse. He could bring in a RB who's been suspended previously for smoking dope and had 9 kids by 9 different women. Oh wait, Shanny did that.

bud
03-18-2009, 03:16 PM
The Broncos need a running back?

That's funny.

I thought Jay Cutler was the problem with offense.

Yep. It's bait... Bite. (You know you want to.)

JONtheBRONCO
03-18-2009, 03:17 PM
See... I don't do drugs, though. Just weed.

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 03:54 PM

I mean, it could be worse. He could bring in a RB who's been suspended previously for smoking dope and had 9 kids by 9 different women. Oh wait, Shanny did that.

Yes it is possible that McDaniels knew about it.

NightTrainLayne
03-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes it is possible that McDaniels knew about it.

But it's likely that he didn't. . .especially if it just came out from the drug dealer's mouth.

Magnificent Seven
03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Players who wants to stay employed: Don't get arrested!!!!

TXBRONC
03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
But it's likely that he didn't. . .especially if it just came out from the drug dealer's mouth.

All I'm saying is it's possible, the probability is low but it is possible.

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 05:59 PM

Are you seriously implying that McDaniels did not know that Buckhalter is injury-prone?!?!? :lol:

honz
03-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't think Buckhalter has had a serious injury in the last 2 or 3 years...once he got all of his knee problems sorted out. More than you can say about any of the running backs on our roster last year.

Northman
03-18-2009, 06:15 PM
I dont mind Buck as a player but if any of this is true we just dont need that kind of drama on this team. Its bad enough with Marshall and Jay right now.

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Are you seriously implying that McDaniels did not know that Buckhalter is injury-prone?!?!? :lol:

I was obviously referring to the weed part. Nice try though. :coffee:

Dean
03-18-2009, 06:31 PM

Purely medicinal I am sure.
;)

bcbronc
03-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Purely medicinal I am sure.
;)

and who can blame the guy, considering all the drama on his new team. heck, it's almost driven me to the weed. almost.

topscribe
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
and who can blame the guy, considering all the drama on his new team. heck, it's almost driven me to the weed. almost.

For your sake, I hope it doesn't get any worse. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thwink.gif

-----

bcbronc
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
For your sake, I hope it doesn't get any worse. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thwink.gif

-----

thanks for your support. ;)

Den21vsBal19
03-18-2009, 07:12 PM
I wonder if Travis gives a fan's discount????;)

dogfish
03-18-2009, 07:12 PM
I dont mind Buck as a player but if any of this is true we just dont need that kind of drama on this team. Its bad enough with Marshall and Jay right now.

I don't know, he sounds like my kind of guy.

Sincerely,

Marcus Thomas

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 08:02 PM
I was obviously referring to the weed part. Nice try though. :coffee:

obviously :rolleyes: