PDA

View Full Version : Three Strength & Conditioning Assistants Hired

Denver Native (Carol)
02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
The Broncos are definitely taking this aspect of the organization seriously

The Denver Broncos hired Jason George, Mike Eubanks and Anthony Lomando to assist Strength and Conditioning Coach Luke Richesson in implementing the club’s year-round strength and conditioning program, it was announced on Tuesday. All three coaches worked under Richesson in Jacksonville from 2009-11.

George, who will serve as Richesson’s top assistant, worked the past three seasons for the Jaguars in the same capacity after 11 years as head strength and conditioning coach at Fordham University.

rest - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/three-strength-conditioning-assistants-hired/

weazel
02-22-2012, 12:13 PM
they should hire scientists that can make better HGH than the other teams players use

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 12:19 PM
I wish Beef would pop in during the day more often. I miss him

Dirk
02-22-2012, 01:53 PM
As long as this gets rid of the continual hammy injuries I'm all in!

Superchop 7
02-22-2012, 02:18 PM
In regards to groin problems etc......Tuten used to put the players in a machine and spread their legs as far as they could go.....125 degrees or so.

Maybe in the offseason you toy around with that.....but doing it in camp and beyond is courting disaster.

Tuten was known for pushing guys very hard.

It is my firm belief that alot of our groin injuries began in the weight room.

BroncoNut
02-22-2012, 02:20 PM
In regards to groin problems etc......Tuten used to put the players in a machine and spread their legs as far as they could go.....125 degrees or so.

that's ...... up. there's a special place in hell for people like that.

TheReverend
02-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Seems like overkill, but the more the merrier.

FanInAZ
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Man did I ever miss read this. At 1st glance, I thought it said Jeff George :shocked:

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 07:41 AM

Maybe in the offseason you toy around with that.....but doing it in camp and beyond is courting disaster.

Tuten was known for pushing guys very hard.

It is my firm belief that alot of our groin injuries began in the weight room.tuiten had ZERO training or education in physical fitness after 1975 !
the dude just pished lead all day long! he got a degree in MARKETING ! he also puished suppliments and got paid by manufacturers to sit on their boards and promote their products, TUTEN was a total SHAM !
did we keep our nutritionist?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2012, 01:54 PM
INDIANAPOLIS — When Broncos players return to Dove Valley later this year for the official start of offseason workouts, they’ll notice significant changes to the team’s workout facilities.

Head coach John Fox said today the team is overhauling the equipment in the weight room. Those changes go along with a complete makeover of the strength and conditioning staff.

“There’s going to be more body-weight type training instead of real heavy weights, a little more new science oriented, so the equipment changes” Fox said.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/02/23/major-changes-underway-to-broncos-strength-program/12229/

Dzone
02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow! I love this! We are going to kick ass next year!

dogfish
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
major props to coach fox for finally getting us moving in the right direction-- this was painfully long overdue. . .

catfish
02-25-2012, 03:13 PM
there must have been a real issue with ignoring strength and conditioning if they are doing a complete overhaul

TheReverend
02-25-2012, 03:15 PM
there must have been a real issue with ignoring strength and conditioning if they are doing a complete overhaul

Maybe they're just looking at the team's injury history over the past decade and decided that trying something couldn't possibly be any worse

catfish
02-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Maybe they're just looking at the team's injury history over the past decade and decided that trying something couldn't possibly be any worse

Could be, or the new coach could have made it a condition of his hiring....kind of, if my name is going to be associated with this program, you better get me some real equipment. Either way it is a good thing that it is being done

TheReverend
02-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Could be, or the new coach could have made it a condition of his hiring....kind of, if my name is going to be associated with this program, you better get me some real equipment. Either way it is a good thing that it is being done

I'm kinda opposed to newer trend workouts... but these guys are the ones with the formal education, so benefit of the doubt, I guess.

...but with that said, Jax probably lead the league in injuries and IR list by a large margin, and the new "X-fitted" Knowshon sucked even harder and was hurt before he could even get to 40 total part time carries...

In a way it reminds me of how excited some fans were when McDaniels brought in more "dynamic stretching" to training camp