PDA

View Full Version : DT Responds to "Luck"

iLands
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Demaryius Thomas @DemaryiusT
I'm tired of ppl talking about my QB.. If u ask me there's no such thing as luck.. It's hard work and determination.. That's all...

TheReverend
02-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Demaryius should have that POV on him.

Anyone see the mic'd up or whatever it was where Demaryius drops that bomb for a sure TD when it hits him on the hands and he's on the bench obviously remorseful with his head in his hands and Tim sits down next to him and tells him "It's alright, you're gonna catch the game winner soon and be the hero". And he did.

CoachChaz
02-21-2012, 06:44 PM
When DT plays a full season...i'll listen closer

BORDERLINE
02-21-2012, 06:44 PM
:clap2:

Quinn already cleared his comments up. I thought they where lame regardless of how they where said. Quinn's words hold no weight when talking about another player.

If anything DT's tweet shows he's all in with him as HE should be.

GEM
02-21-2012, 06:55 PM
DT....show em what your workin with this upcoming season. All out, kiddo!! ROCK THIS ISH!

He sure made some pretty catches...he also made some damn ugly drops, but he'll be ok.

BroncoWave
02-21-2012, 06:56 PM

I fail to see what him playing a full season has to do with his opinion on Tim Tebow. What, his injuries somehow make him less qualified to speak?

camdisco24
02-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Love the support. I don't care who it is, when someone makes a stupid/negative comment about another player on your team, you better have the balls to stick up for him. That's what being a good teammate is all about.

Way to go DT.

TheReverend
02-21-2012, 06:59 PM
DT....show em what your workin with this upcoming season. All out, kiddo!! ROCK THIS ISH!

He sure made some pretty catches...he also made some damn ugly drops, but he'll be ok.

What do you expect when the only "example" he's had to learn NFL WR preparation from was Brandon "I Dont Watch Film" Lloyd?

BroncoWave
02-21-2012, 07:05 PM
What do you expect when the only "example" he's had to learn NFL WR preparation from was Brandon "I Dont Watch Film" Lloyd?

Yeah, he never played with Brandon Stokley or anything. Oh wait, he did.

TheReverend
02-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah, he never played with Brandon Stokley or anything. Oh wait, he did.

Stokely was released (9/4/10) before Thomas was healthy (9/19/10).

Dirk
02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm still on the fence with DT. I think he has the potential to be a very good receiver....he still holds the ball out every time he catches it (good for fumbles or incompletes)...but the kid has great potential. I hope he puts it all together and becomes our #1 we need.

broncobryce
02-21-2012, 07:29 PM

When you play one NFL game, I'll listen closer.;)

SR
02-21-2012, 07:34 PM
When you play one NFL game, I'll listen closer.;)

Until his opinion matches yours, then its all high fives and ass grabs.

broncobryce
02-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Until his opinion matches yours, then its all high fives and ass grabs.

Where is the ass grab button?

Northman
02-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Marion Barber disagrees.

BroncoWave
02-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Stokely was released (9/4/10) before Thomas was healthy (9/19/10).

And? I'm sure he was still in the meetings and got to see how Stokley prepared.

CoachChaz
02-21-2012, 08:15 PM

I fail to see what him playing a full season has to do with his opinion on Tim Tebow. What, his injuries somehow make him less qualified to speak?

What other QB does he have to compare him to...and what sample size does he have with any of them?

Stay healthy, catch with your hands, put up some numbers...and your credibility goes further

BroncoWave
02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
What other QB does he have to compare him to...and what sample size does he have with any of them?

Stay healthy, catch with your hands, put up some numbers...and your credibility goes further

:lol: Wow. This may be the first time I have ever seen a player CRITICIZED for defending a teammate.

Northman
02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
:lol: Wow. This may be the first time I have ever seen a player CRITICIZED for defending a teammate.

So he doesnt share your opinion on the validity of DT's comments. He explained his reasons why he thought that so whats the problem?

Dzone
02-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Lmao

BeefStew25
02-21-2012, 09:18 PM
And once again, Mike Silver accomplishes his mission.

Timmy!
02-21-2012, 09:31 PM
I like Bey Bey defending his Qb, but coaches point is valid. I want the guy to play a full season, something he hasn't done yet.

Dzone
02-21-2012, 09:31 PM
This thread is thoroughly ******* great
:pound:

broncobryce
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM

DT needs to be breathing so hard from working out 24/7 that he can't even speak! I mean what makes this guy think he can have an opinion on the QB of his team?!

tomjonesrocks
02-21-2012, 10:44 PM
I still am unsure DT is a no. 1 and he is CERTAINLY no Brandon Marshall (the player everyone said he was going to replace) -- but he has proven he is not completely worthless.

Seems like a nice No. 2 wideout right now until proven otherwise.

broncobryce
02-21-2012, 11:00 PM
I still am unsure DT is a no. 1 and he is CERTAINLY no Brandon Marshall (the player everyone said he was going to replace) -- but he has proven he is not completely worthless.

Seems like a nice No. 2 wideout right now until proven otherwise.

If the last 6 weeks or so of the season is any indicator, he should break out in 2012.
He was amongst the leaders in the NFL in yards I think in the last part of the season. To me he is better than Decker, and with those two we should be solid at starting WR.

Thomas seems like a stand up guy also.

TXBRONC
02-22-2012, 08:06 AM
DT needs to be breathing so hard from working out 24/7 that he can't even speak! I mean what makes this guy think he can have an opinion on the QB of his team?!

:whoknows:

CoachChaz
02-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Good grief...nevermind. Not worth explaining what I meant.

Way to go DT...you are now EF Hutton when it comes to describing QBs and you've completely earned it.

Jsteve01
02-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Iagree that Thomas must stay healthy. I don't think his freak injuries should reflect on his right to an opinion. He was one of the top receivers in the league over the last six weeks of the season and second only to his mentor megatron in the first round of the playoffs. What is so often forgotten is dt more than anyone else on this team has needed the offseasons he hasn't gotten. He came into the league with zero knowledge of the route tree and then proceeded to get hurt. This season will be huge. Being healthy coming into camp and getting real time to grow rather than rehab will result in huge improvement. I can think of one receiver in the league with better physical attributes

Dirk
02-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Iagree that Thomas must stay healthy. I don't think his freak injuries should reflect on his right to an opinion. He was one of the top receivers in the league over the last six weeks of the season and second only to his mentor megatron in the first round of the playoffs. What is so often forgotten is dt more than anyone else on this team has needed the offseasons he hasn't gotten. He came into the league with zero knowledge of the route tree and then proceeded to get hurt. This season will be huge. Being healthy coming into camp and getting real time to grow rather than rehab will result in huge improvement. I can think of one receiver in the league with better physical attributes

Good point about DT not really having a full offseason. As long as he doesn't scuffle and slip on a McDonalds bag and makes it to the OTAs and such...he may indeed have a breakout season.

But to the OP.....I commend DT for sticking up for his QB.

chazoe60
02-22-2012, 08:43 AM
One Broncos player sticking up for another Broncos player, I like it.

How many days till training camp?

claymore
02-22-2012, 09:42 AM
One Broncos player sticking up for another Broncos player, I like it.

How many days till training camp?

They stuck up for Orton too.

CoachChaz
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
They stuck up for Orton too.

Champ has more experience and clout than almost anyone on the team and even he backs the wrong horse...

...like EVERY failure DC we've had over the last 10 years.

Northman
02-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Champ has more experience and clout than almost anyone on the team and even he backs the wrong horse...

Cant even state how annoyed i got everytime he did that. :tsk:

Jsteve01
02-22-2012, 09:52 AM

"Slowik is the best coach I've ever played for" or some such nonsense

claymore
02-22-2012, 09:55 AM

Cant even state how annoyed i got everytime he did that. :tsk:

I cant take what he says seriously. He is a politician. If he says something negative, I stop and examine it, but other than that the dude says what he needs to say to look good come contract time.

Nothing against Champ, he is the consimate proffesional. I just cant gauge my opinion on what he says.

chazoe60
02-22-2012, 09:56 AM
All I'm saying is, we could have worse problems. We could be the Jets.

Northman
02-22-2012, 09:58 AM

No one is saying its a problem, just stating that it rings a bit hollow as its just basically lip service.

claymore
02-22-2012, 09:59 AM

Im curious whats going to be said if we start losing, or falling short of expectations this year.

There was some grumbles about Tebow early on last year if I recall correctley.

BroncoStud
02-22-2012, 10:03 AM
We probably will lose this year... The schedule looks brutal.

TXBRONC
02-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't fault guys for backing their teammates when it comes to performance of the field.

Northman
02-22-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't fault guys for backing their teammates when it comes to preformance of the field.

What is this PREformance you speak of TX? :laugh:

TXBRONC
02-22-2012, 10:05 AM

That was said last year as well. It's a clique but it is also true that many times it's who you play but when you play them.

TXBRONC
02-22-2012, 10:05 AM
What is this PREformance you speak of TX? :laugh:

You wound me. :tsk:

claymore
02-22-2012, 10:18 AM

I hope its boom or bust. We need to either "reset" and get a QB, or take it to the next level and dominate. im sick of mediocraty.

underrated29
02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Im curious whats going to be said if we start losing, or falling short of expectations this year.

There was some grumbles about Tebow early on last year if I recall correctley.

I don't think you are recalling correctly. Tebow won his first two, then lost to the lions. The only grumbles were the fans. Then Tebow went on like a 7 game win streak or something absurd. If there were grumblings then those chumps need to check which team they play for, we are not the packers.

BroncoWave
02-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I hope its boom or bust. We need to either "reset" and get a QB, or take it to the next level and dominate. im sick of mediocraty.

Yeah, I also hate being one of the last 8 teams remaining. Fuggin mediocrity!

BroncoStud
02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
People act like really good QBs just grow on trees... How many teams have elite QBs? 4 or 5 out of 32? It pays to be patient and groom the one you have invested in. Just look at the 49ers. If Alex Smith keeps improving then they will look brilliant for sticking by him.

Give Tebow this offseason and next regular season to sink or swim.

CoachChaz
02-22-2012, 11:41 AM

I enjoy the playoffs as much as any one, but let's not pretend that all the teams that make thye playoffs are stellar

SOCALORADO.
02-22-2012, 11:42 AM
People act like really good QBs just grow on trees... How many teams have elite QBs? 4 or 5 out of 32? It pays to be patient and groom the one you have invested in. Just look at the 49ers. If Alex Smith keeps improving then they will look brilliant for sticking by him.

Give Tebow this offseason and next regular season to sink or swim.

And get TT some real, legit, offensive weapons.
Get VJack or MColston in FA. Get a CFleener or a DAllen in the draft.
Find a way Elway!

claymore
02-22-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't think you are recalling correctly. Tebow won his first two, then lost to the lions. The only grumbles were the fans. Then Tebow went on like a 7 game win streak or something absurd. If there were grumblings then those chumps need to check which team they play for, we are not the packers.
It was before the Miami game. I recall someone or multiple people just wishing "he would shut the hell up". Something to that effect.

Long story short, I think he needs to win in order for his personality to be effective. I think his rah rah attitude would/will get annoying as hell once the losses mount.

If backing into the playoffs at 8-8 on multiple "miracle" wins, then hoping the raiders lose so we can clinch the division isnt mediocraty, I dont know what is.

If they took the top 8 teams regardless of division record we wouldnt have been there.

iLands
02-22-2012, 01:28 PM

You aren't recalling correctly.

Who knows if I am, but this is one man's account of our season with Tebow playing QB. Like it, hate it, critique it - please.

Tebow "lost" his first game this season, when he was inserted against the Chargers. I don't think anyone has held this against him.

We won at the Miracle of Miami.

We were dominated by the Lions offensively and defensively, but the game could have been close without poor play from Tebow in general and the absence of McGahee was evident. The fumble recovered for 6 and the 100 yard pick 6 to the house didn't lose this game, but either one would have comfortably iced it.

At this point, the media negativity reaches its highest point so far. After minor success at the end of last season with low expectations, a surprisingly solid performance after being inserted against the Chargers, and the Miracle of Miami, Tebow truly was thrown to the Lions day and night for a week. He was a laughingstock in general. Things were dark again in Denver after two weeks of hope.

2-5

**Important to note underrated29, Tebow had a streak of two or more wins exactly once this season. That streak is about to begin.

We ran over Oakland. Literally - 299 on the ground. This game was defined by penalties - all the time - everywhere (thirty****ing six in the game). Most things went very well in this high scoring affair. Champ got two Palmer picks to surge his lifetime total to fitty. Royal took one to the house. McGahee rushed 163. Tebow 118. Booom. Favorite part - after a huge McGahee run for a TD, he walks over to the Black Hole behind that endzone and eats the boos. Like goes om nom. Hilarious.

Crushed a division rival to get into the hunt, but still far down in the standings.

We complete two passes against the Chiefs. Win anyway. Our defense rocks them. We put up 244 on the ground.

Another division rival falls. Denver isn't in last place in the AFC.

The media hammers Tebow for completing two passes. Skip's wild Tebow support machine starts to swing into high gear.

We beat the Jets in a game that isn't as close as it looks. We literally take a FG off the board. Von Miller has that awesome sack to basically put the Jets out of the game. Goody snags a pick 6. Tebow has The Run.

A true team effort, The Run is hyped in the media. As this builds, haters begin to come out of the woodworks. This game is disqualified by many as a Jets slip up in D at the end. This game was won all over the field.

Starting a bad trend of no names rushing on us, McKnight puts up more yards on us this game than in his total career.

We beat our first "good" team in the eyes of many this week.

The following week we play the Chargers. This game was ugly all around, but we prevailed in a hard fought contest. Novak missed two field goals, a 48 and a 53 for the loss in overtime. Broncos narrowly avoid the first time since Philly. Tolbert runs all over us.

We win in our fourth in a row and onto a winning record: 6-5

We face the Vikings. Haters rejoiced. The Vikings had a good run defense. The Vikings had Jared Allen. Tebow had a spin, a stiffarm, and a scramble-ball for the DTTD. This game was a test, and we took it to the air in the best passing game of Tebow's career in my opinion, a game I broke down on these boards pass by pass and determined it as nearly unmarred. Our pass rush left Ponder limping. Haggan pick 6. We played well. Toby Gerhart runs all over us.

After this, things look possible for the Broncos in the AFC West. The specter of the Bears looms large the next week.

We meet the Bears in a depressing game overall with an exhilarating end. The Bears are without Forte from an injury the previous week and a Cutler injury from where he actually did a tough-guy thing. DT drops a TD pass. Our rushing game was stuffed. Tebow threw for a little over 50% and 236 yards and a TD, but it was marred by a great Bears INT on a jumped route. Marion Barber dropped over 100 for the first time as a Bear, but he also dropped the rock after Woodyard stripped it. We made a good play shoving him out of bounds.

We win this game on Prater's leg and Urlacher makes, in my opinion, the most bitter and unintentionally hilarious statement of the season until Big Ben's fashion statement with that Fedora to come in a month.

The Patriots ride into Denver on a Dark Cloud, looking to end Tebow Magic. We play the game in reverse, being insane in the first quarter of the game. In all, this was a much more close performance than the score indicated. Three turnovers to TFB against in your territory loses the game, regardless of which team you are. Ochocinco scores his only TD of the season. Costly penalties sustain Patriot drives. The Broncos take a full blow to the gut, or at least, that's the narrative. In reality, the Broncos have led a coup in the AFC West. This game gave homers like us a piece of hope to cling to when we'd inevitably meet those Patriots again.

We play the Bills at Buffalo which is a putrid game for us, but not as bad as many think. Tebow actually played impeccably in the first half. C.J. Spiller putting up career numbers and special team collapses meant we couldn't play the game we liked to in the second half. We'd have to go from the air often and early. Tebow threw three picks. Two for TDs. He fumbled. The wheels came off in a game that I believe was the most traumatizing of the year.

After this game, doubts exploded. Tebow was obliterated in the media. Chokeland could win the division. I truly believe this game effected us against KC.

The slide continues against KC. We lose to Orton 7-3. McCluster TDs us and Tebow fumbles in the red zone. We lose the game as I'm buzzed in a sports bar, the mocking starts and my phone explodes. Doesn't matter; Oakland chokes. I make a lot of bets.

"Back in" to the playoffs after a three game skid. Is Brady Quinn practicing? Is Brady Quinn starting? What are the Brady Quinn packages? We are matched up against the NFL's top defense and we play them at home. We rock Orange towels.
We break our second quarter curse. McCoy calls, in my opinion, a game of brilliance. Ayers has the performance of his career. Von and Doom hit Ben. And it made losing those three games so much sweeter. It made it all worth it. First NFL overtime with the new rules? Obviously Denver led by Tebow. Obvious. I had yelled and yelled when that fumble was blown dead. I felt a kick to the gut when the ball was freed from McGahee's. The Steelers marched down the field. And we stopped them. We stopped them. Won the coin toss. Won in the first play of overtime. Win my bets.

The next week we play the Patriots. I make no bets. Brady punts. Von fights.

9-9

It's dismal when those are the most memorable moments. We find out later Tebow was injured in the pocket. We debate vigorously what his response should have been.

That was my recollection of the season. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.

Superchop 7
02-22-2012, 02:32 PM
That was a great response. Loved it.

Jsteve01
02-22-2012, 03:03 PM
It was before the Miami game. I recall someone or multiple people just wishing "he would shut the hell up". Something to that effect.

Long story short, I think he needs to win in order for his personality to be effective. I think his rah rah attitude would/will get annoying as hell once the losses mount.

If backing into the playoffs at 8-8 on multiple "miracle" wins, then hoping the raiders lose so we can clinch the division isnt mediocraty, I dont know what is.

If they took the top 8 teams regardless of division record we wouldnt have been there.

Beating the Steelers doesn't ring of mediocrity. What would you classify that as? to me it looks like vindication.

PS you're being really negative lately. do you need a back rub?

Dzone
02-22-2012, 03:49 PM
It does worry me a bit when I hear people telling me they see Demaryious Thomas out at strip clubs in Denver, like all the time. But , hopefully, he will be ok. As long as he doesnt hang around Perrish Cox type guys, I guess strips joints arent the worst thing in the world

TheReverend
02-22-2012, 05:18 PM
It does worry me a bit when I hear people telling me they see Demaryious Thomas out at strip clubs in Denver, like all the time. But , hopefully, he will be ok. As long as he doesnt hang around Perrish Cox type guys, I guess strips joints arent the worst thing in the world

lol sounds like Prater's more his style than Cox

Canmore
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM
lol sounds like Prater's more his style than Cox

That's what I was thinking.

nevcraw
02-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Marion Barber disagrees.

Marion Barber: "Luck = when stupidity and the sidelines intersect."

nevcraw
02-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Hey -- when any WR let alone one on his own team backs tebow it's a good thing..

In contrast to Coach's opinion which I totally understand and respect his POV but I actually put more credence it DT's comments than others because he's had such a hard time staying healthy. and to add from no fault of his own.. If anyone should believe in luck or bad luck it should be DT.. He worked his way back from a ripped achilles to be a force at WR by the end of the season. He himself is living proof of showing how much hard work and determination do count. That injury can the be the death nell for a career especially for a skill position like WR. A lot of people thought he could be done..

claymore
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Beating the Steelers doesn't ring of mediocrity. What would you classify that as? to me it looks like vindication.

PS you're being really negative lately. do you need a back rub?

The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and again!!!!

And yes, a backrub would be awesome!

TheReverend
02-22-2012, 09:26 PM
The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and again!!!!

And yes, a backrub would be awesome!

That dog's ass must've been pretty sun-burnt following the 1-4 start then.

Lancane
02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
I respect that Thomas wants to get his air time and support his quarterback, but he lacks the credentials to really be taken serious. He's played with two different quarterbacks at this level both whom are mediocre and extreme opposites. If Thomas was a Pro-Bowl receiver or had a decent career at this level then he'd be a credit to the argument, otherwise he's a supportive fool, but a fool nonetheless. Lloyd, the one receiver we did have that had credentials for such a case pretty much said that he couldn't play with Tebow and that he was not a good fit for the offensive changes made to cater to Tebow's strengths. That is very telling in my honest opinion.

Here is the real question, would you rather have Tim Tebow with Kyle Orton's knowledge and his understanding of pro offenses or Kyle Orton with Tebow's leadership and drive? To me it's a no brainer, Kyle Orton with Tebow's leadership ability and his drive to win would be a superior quarterback to one who has the knowledge but struggles in the passing game. But that's not really the point...we've seen receivers of all caliber support their quarterbacks, it has to be taken with a grain of salt...but at least if they have the credentials it's worth listening to them.

BroncoStud
02-23-2012, 12:43 AM
So if D. Thomas becomes a Pro Bowler next season then his opinion is suddenly more correct? That makes no sense. Thomas was one of the most dangerous WRs in the 2nd half of the 2011 season in the NFL.

I was shocked to see him stay healty and had written him off and then BAM, out of nowhere he started to make an impact.

Lancane
02-23-2012, 02:37 AM
So if D. Thomas becomes a Pro Bowler next season then his opinion is suddenly more correct? That makes no sense. Thomas was one of the most dangerous WRs in the 2nd half of the 2011 season in the NFL.

I was shocked to see him stay healty and had written him off and then BAM, out of nowhere he started to make an impact.

Maybe I should have worded it better BS, the point I was trying to get at is rather simple, that it's not unusual for someone to support their quarterback and defend them, we've seen it numerous times. The question though is what gives their (or in this case, Thomas') opinion or words any weight or validity? He's fairly young, has limited playing time at this level and in that time frame played with two mediocre quarterbacks, one of which was the worst passing quarterback in the league this past season, compared to a receiver who's had three or four quarterbacks or is a continual All-Pro who has shown he knows his craft and hence knowledgeable about the game itself?

Northman
02-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Maybe I should have worded it better BS, the point I was trying to get at is rather simple, that it's not unusual for someone to support their quarterback and defend them, we've seen it numerous times. The question though is what gives their (or in this case, Thomas') opinion or words any weight or validity? He's fairly young, has limited playing time at this level and in that time frame played with two mediocre quarterbacks, one of which was the worst passing quarterback in the league this past season, compared to a receiver who's had three or four quarterbacks or is a continual All-Pro who has shown he knows his craft and hence knowledgeable about the game itself?

As said, lip service.

If Brady Quinn was announced the starter DT would be saying the same things about him. Lloyd did it with Tebow and Orton, etc.

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 09:23 AM
As said, lip service.

If Brady Quinn was announced the starter DT would be saying the same things about him. Lloyd did it with Tebow and Orton, etc.
BINGO !
ouch said the nail !
how about a tearful, "that's my quarterback" ?

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 09:27 AM
That was said last year as well. It's a clique but it is also true that many times it's who you play but when you play them.
"its not who you play, but when you play them " ,
that too is a cliche in anyones clique.
sad day when you take an english lesson from zam of all people.

Chef Zambini
02-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Maybe I should have worded it better BS, the point I was trying to get at is rather simple, that it's not unusual for someone to support their quarterback and defend them, we've seen it numerous times. The question though is what gives their (or in this case, Thomas') opinion or words any weight or validity? He's fairly young, has limited playing time at this level and in that time frame played with two mediocre quarterbacks, one of which was the worst passing quarterback in the league this past season, compared to a receiver who's had three or four quarterbacks or is a continual All-Pro who has shown he knows his craft and hence knowledgeable about the game itself?Is it any wonder, the greratest offensive line of all time refused to talk to reporters.
Now all these young players are a bunch of tweet whores !
"I support all my teammates, that goes without saying, so I need to say no more."
see champ and standard lines of indorsement and the use of the word WE.

claymore
02-23-2012, 09:49 AM
That dog's ass must've been pretty sun-burnt following the 1-4 start then.

I dont think the sun can reach his ass when he's riding the bench.