PDA

View Full Version : DAMM!! didnt know this

Denver27og
03-18-2009, 12:48 AM
the recently signed BACKUP QB Chris Simms will be making 3 times more money this coming season than Jay Cutler.. if ANYONE on this forum were in his shoes... they would be pissed too... we need to fffin pay the kid with a FAT contract ASAP.. crybaby??? hissy fit??? drama queen?? jeeeze... u ungrateful B*****S!! lets say your at your job for 3 years... and your doing a great job in your first 3 years statistically better than a legend like JOHN ELWAY.. and your company brings aboard some kid to work part time and pays him a salary that is 3 TIMES YOUR SALARY... u would be mad as FFFF... stop dissin the kid after everything hes done for the broncos... im 100xs madder now than when the broncos screwed atwater at the end of his career.. this is BS.. fffin Bowlen.. ffff MCD... wtf.. my loyalty stays with my qb on this one.. been a life long broncos fans for more than 20 YEARS of my life.. but i will move on with my star QB.... theres not a QB in the NFL i would rather have.. the broncos are seriously trippin on this one... PAY MARSHALL.. PAY CUTLER!!!! FFFF!!!!!!!!

NameUsedBefore
03-18-2009, 12:53 AM
rGIY5Vyj4YM

BroncoWave
03-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Feel better now?

honz
03-18-2009, 01:13 AM
He signed a $48 million dollar contract when he was drafted. Poor guy.

sneakers
03-18-2009, 01:14 AM
the recently signed BACKUP QB Chris Simms will be making 3 times more money this coming season than Jay Cutler.. if ANYONE on this forum were in his shoes... they would be pissed too... we need to fffin pay the kid with a FAT contract ASAP.. crybaby??? hissy fit??? drama queen?? jeeeze... u ungrateful B*****S!! lets say your at your job for 3 years... and your doing a great job in your first 3 years statistically better than a legend like JOHN ELWAY.. and your company brings aboard some kid to work part time and pays him a salary that is 3 TIMES YOUR SALARY... u would be mad as FFFF... stop dissin the kid after everything hes done for the broncos... im 100xs madder now than when the broncos screwed atwater at the end of his career.. this is BS.. fffin Bowlen.. ffff MCD... wtf.. my loyalty stays with my qb on this one.. been a life long broncos fans for more than 20 YEARS of my life.. but i will move on with my star QB.... theres not a QB in the NFL i would rather have.. the broncos are seriously trippin on this one... PAY MARSHALL.. PAY CUTLER!!!! FFFF!!!!!!!!

My favorite part of the post.

FFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!

Shazam!
03-18-2009, 01:25 AM
... and your doing a great job in your first 3 years statistically better than a legend like JOHN ELWAY.

Jay Cutler can't take a >!@# better than John Elway.

BigAL56
03-18-2009, 01:26 AM
This isn't about money. And the last option on there should be what is going to happen:

Tell Cutler to show up and earn his paycheck. Cutler already said he will come to the mandatory stuff. Obviously he's not going to come to the voluntary stuff...he only loses 100k in bonuses when he does that. But if he misses camp and practice, he is going to lose a lot more than that. He won't be happy, but neither was Elway with Reeves. And neither is McNabb is Philly. Cutler will come to the mandatory things and play in Denver, he just won't be happy about it unless we win...and win a lot. That should be another option.

BigAL56
03-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Jay Cutler can't take a >!@# better than John Elway.

To be fair, it's too early to tell

Shazam!
03-18-2009, 01:28 AM
It's a safe bet Al. I'll take the odds. Elway>Cutler.

BigAL56
03-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Oh, I'll take the odds as well (I'll take the odds with any QB in their 3rd year), but it's still to early to tell. Cutler does look better than just about anyone at this stage in their career

Northman
03-18-2009, 01:36 AM
http://onni.jkl.fi/~lauri/kuvia/not_this_shit_again.jpeg

Northman
03-18-2009, 01:37 AM

You'll move on with your star QB.........Hmmm, see ya.

Dirk
03-18-2009, 07:33 AM
I agree that IF Cutler is going to stay and play they gotta pay....

Wow, did I just rhyme that? Ha! :cool:

But anyway, yes, if the starting QB is making less than the back up, that's just insane. Or is it one of those business things where you laugh all the way to the bank?

Either way, IMO you have to pay, Jay to stay and play! :coffee:

nthngd2say
03-18-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm not 100% on this but I believe with incentives and bonuses, Cutler will make significantly more than Simms this season. I could be wrong. I am also going to make the assumption that the Broncos have enough football/business sense to realize prior to signing Simms to a contract that they would be paying him more than the starting QB and the possible ramifications of doing so. That just takes common sense I would think but stranger things have happened.

Den21vsBal19
03-18-2009, 08:01 AM
and your doing a great job in your first 3 years statistically better than a legend like JOHN ELWAY..

A wise man once said,

There's lies, damned lies, and then there's statistics.........

Den21vsBal19
03-18-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm not 100% on this but I believe with incentives and bonuses, Cutler will make significantly more than Simms this season. I could be wrong. I am also going to make the assumption that the Broncos have enough football/business sense to realize prior to signing Simms to a contract that they would be paying him more than the starting QB and the possible ramifications of doing so. That just takes common sense I would think but stranger things have happened.
Isn't about 1/2 of Simms contract based on incentives? Including playing time..................

And you can't have players throwing a hissy fit every time some one get's paid more than them...................you sign a deal over a period of time, and the chances are pretty good thatat soempoint someone will get paid more............that's just economics............and guess what............next time your deal's up for renewal, you'll get paid more than him...............

SmilinAssasSin27
03-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Would this be before or after the big ass signing bonus Jay got when he signed? Sure the annual number may be lower, but dude is getting paid just fine.

atwater27
03-18-2009, 08:08 AM
It's a safe bet Al. I'll take the odds. Elway>Cutler.

Wow, you really stepped out onto a ledge with that statement!:rolleyes:

nthngd2say
03-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Right. Cutler has collected over $17 the first three years of his contract and is still due over $20 million if he plays out the contract. The bulk of that $20 million is due 2010-2011 [$4 mill roster bonus next year & $12 mill bonus 2011]. Simms got a $1.5 million signing bonus and almost $2 million salary for the upcoming season. For the sake of the OP's argument, I was saying that even with Cutler's low base salary for the season - he will still make more than Simms when he hits various performance bonuses just as he did last season. Cutler also hasn't mentioned his 2009 salary as an issue that I can recall and I am assuming the Broncos would not pay a backup QB more than the starting QB.

skycoyote
03-18-2009, 09:59 AM
If I was the Bronco's coach I would be in Nashville with a contract and big fat check and Pat's credit card to paint the town. Just me and Jay and a few ladies to help us. I know, I'm married but I have to take one for the team. LOL

Denver27og
03-18-2009, 12:21 PM
we have been waiting years for a guy like cutler... dont understand why everyone is so quick to trade and dump him... crazy people some of you are

Buff
03-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Poor cutler. I hope he finds a way to feed his family.

honz
03-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Would this be before or after the big ass signing bonus Jay got when he signed? Sure the annual number may be lower, but dude is getting paid just fine.

It's common sense, dude.

2 years for $6 million >>>>>>>>> 6 years (or is it 5?) for $48 Million

Just do the math, dude.

weazel
03-18-2009, 02:00 PM
crazy people some of you are

regret it, we will
http://www.jacklail.com/blog/images/yoda.jpg

weazel
03-18-2009, 02:02 PM

these are tough times, maybe he can get some subsidies from the Government

NameUsedBefore
03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
That a guy makes a lot of money in a business run by a lot of money shouldn't really be an argument for dumping the team's best player.

IMO.

DallasChief
03-18-2009, 02:06 PM

Well, he's having to sell his houses to make ends meet.

getlynched47
03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
we have been waiting years for a guy like cutler... dont understand why everyone is so quick to trade and dump him... crazy people some of you are

Agree :salute: :salute: :salute:

http://www.squibkick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/jay-cutler.jpg

honz
03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
That a guy makes a lot of money in a business run by a lot of money shouldn't really be an argument for dumping the team's best player.

IMO.

I don't think anyone wants to dump him...or not many at least. I said it once, but I was just pissed after reading the news that he demanded a trade. People are just pointing out that this is a ridiculous justification for the way Cutler is handling this.

Buff
03-18-2009, 02:12 PM

IMO.

No, but comparing 1 year of a 6 year contract to 1 year of another player's 3 year contract as a basis of evaluating what is "fair" isn't really a valid argument either.

BroncoNut
03-18-2009, 02:18 PM

did you type that with an irish brough, didja eh?

Denver27og
03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
did you type that with an irish brough, didja eh?

i took a bong hit and had to rant for a bit... i really hope we dont lose him... i swear pat bowlen should of stepped in a while back... those of you not willing to give cutler a new contract... would you rather we pick sanchez and or stafford and pay them 25 mil plus??? we should just extend his contract and hope things work out... freakin rookie coach...

warcrychief
03-19-2009, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuT12_bPla8

This soap reminds me of this part of this movie lol great